Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I put on weight even if I drink water" : Umar Akmal

Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal says his genes are to blame after being dropped from the West Indies tour.

While talking to Waqt News, the middle-order batsman explained that he and his brother Kamran Akmal are prone towards weight gain, no matter how much they control their diet.

“Even if we only drink water, it increases our weight,” he said. “Only our brother Adnan has a biological system which does not show his heavy diet on his body,” he further added.

While sharing his recent diet, the junior Akmal said that he has been on a BBQ diet for the last two days. “Along with that I am only taking salads and water but even this shows on my body,” Akmal said.

Umar Akmal was only player who was not selected for upcoming West Indies tour because of lack of fitness.

Meanwhile, elder brother Kamran has made a comeback in both the T20 and ODI sides after impressive showings in the Pakistan Super League.

http://nation.com.pk/sports/19-Mar-2...ter-umar-akmal

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    damn you metabolism, you are against Umar Akmal, this is a big conspiracy
    Last edited by Major; 19th March 2017 at 20:23.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP science.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hehehe. So much to 'chew on' in this thread

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    While sharing his recent diet, the junior Akmal said that he has been on a BBQ diet for the last two days. “Along with that I am only taking salads and water but even this shows on my body,” Akmal said
    It's just two days of BBQ and salad diet and he comes up with a conclusion that he can't lose his weight

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He is blessed with a unique metabolic system. I have seen many, many people who are skinny, despite eating lot - I myself being one, ate till tongue in fests but never was over weight. Umar is one unique Makhlukat, blessed with special talent to convert air & water into fat.

On a serious note, it only tells that he has to burn more calorie than avergae person not to turn into Adnan Sami. No wonder, he failed Yo Yo test, because that mostly needs use of trade mills & swimming.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No words

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he should play some Grade 2 cricket and go to gym and run more, maybe after that he'll get better

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So the Akmals are so special they even defy the laws of thermodynamics. Wow.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I am genetically fat and I cannot shed any more kilos" - Richard Levi

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahirFan View Post
    "I am genetically fat and I cannot shed any more kilos" - Richard Levi

big difference between the two.

Ones body mass could be judged by your gluteal muscles. Umar Akmal doesnt have that much mass on hisglutes that would suggest that he is someone from that category, he is just using excuses.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Then he just needs to exercise more.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

I'm the complete opposite. Eat a lot as @MMHS mentioned, but metabolism is super high.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope his new diet works for him.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A simple skin fold measurement could indicate how much muscle mass and how much water weight he has , anyone as young as him with no systemic condition and no kidney dysfunction would not retain any water . Water isn't equal to fat Umar , lay off the paranthas and kebabs

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cool, then work out harder. You don't deserve international caps just because you claim you've got bad genes.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Sums up his mentality and why he doesn't have the character to succeed in international cricket. A lost cause.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal ko roza rakhna chahye.
    It will help.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...... water has NO calories, I think ..... hmmmmm .... ????

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    It's not a pre-requisite that cricketers understand science.

I would simply say, this is why the PCB needs to allocate a dietitician and fitness trainer to all international squad members. Not a consultation every few months, a person who can tell you each player's weight and BMI on any given day of the year.

In 2002, Brazil could easily say "Ronaldo is fat, we won't pick him". But they didn't - they got him fit and kept him fit.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Unless he has Hypothyroidism, he's got no clue about what he's saying.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gaining weight so easily means he is not suitable to be an international sportsman. Either he finds a way to keep it under check or should wave goodbye to his career. I for one won't miss him at all.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know fascination behind this pathetic player.

Absolutely no work ethic, His batting technique and intelligence are very loose. Looks like a tail ender while batting, I will trust Sohail Khan the batsman to score runs more than this guy.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your body can only store so much water-weight until it decides to lose it. Maybe he's storing too much salt too.

Having BBQ doesn't mean he won't store salt that in-turn means he'll gain temporary bloating/weight.

But this is Akmal, so anything goes.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    this is the kind of brains we did for captaincy.

this guy should be captain

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whilst U Akmals statement is ridiculous - essentially putting out excuses for his lack of dedication to fitness, it is kind of ironic that Inzi of all people is not selecting players on grounds of fitness

Had Inzi had to follow his own rules, he'd never have played for Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This seems a cricketing version of the classic Pakistani phrase 'Allah ki marzi thi.'

Ofcourse once you say that all argument is done

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adnan Sami lost weight. Why cant Umar Akmal?

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roshanrocks View Post
    Are you suggesting he should also opt for bariatric surgery? 😀

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay umar. We believe you. its very unfortunate that you are suffering from this condition and can do nothing about it. What is even more unfortunate is that you cannot continue to be a pro cricketer with this condition just like james taylor, who was a 10 times better cricketer, but couldnt continue because of his condition. We have to accept it. Hope you find a better alternative career where your condition doesnt hamper your progress. Take care.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

I would simply say, this is why the PCB needs to allocate a dietitician and fitness trainer to all international squad members. Not a consultation every few months, a person who can tell you each player's weight and BMI on any given day of the year.

In 2002, Brazil could easily say "Ronaldo is fat, we won't pick him". But they didn't - they got him fit and kept him fit.

In 2002, Ronaldo wasn't fat actually - that's why he was at his sublime best, even on a wet field against German machines. I am sure you understand what it means. My memory has faded, but I think Voller changed his formation a bit & put Dietmar Hamman & Torsten Fringe at the right side of his defensive half (& played 3 centre backs) to counter a Brazilian forward line that had Fat Ronaldo in left side of a tringle attack, anchored by Ronaldinho & Rivaldo in other wing - Ronaldo won the MoM, under pouring rain, while at same age our Umar is only one out of 35 to fail a fitness Test of PAK standard.

Dietitian and fitness trainer won't help Umar much, rather a psychiatrist can help him better, if he thinks that he is fat for drinking water & sniffing air.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    In 2002, Ronaldo wasn't fat actually - that's why he was at his sublime best, even on a wet field against German machines. I am sure you understand what it means. My memory has faded, but I think Voller changed his formation a bit & put Dietmar Hamman & Torsten Fringe at the right side of his defensive half (& played 3 centre backs) to counter a Brazilian forward line that had Fat Ronaldo in left side of a tringle attack, anchored by Ronaldinho & Rivaldo in other wing - Ronaldo won the MoM, under pouring rain, while at same age our Umar is only one out of 35 to fail a fitness Test of PAK standard.

Dietitian and fitness trainer won't help Umar much, rather a psychiatrist can help him better, if he thinks that he is fat for drinking water & sniffing air.
    We agree actually!

My point is that he had had three years of injury and was overweight when his club (?Inter) handed him over to the CBF fitness staff a couple of months before the World Cup.

And they got him fit. A man who left to his own devices shared with Umar Akmal the scientific understanding of a newborn combined with the fitness regime of Susan Boyle!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We agree actually!

My point is that he had had three years of injury and was overweight when his club (?Inter) handed him over to the CBF fitness staff a couple of months before the World Cup.

And they got him fit. A man who left to his own devices shared with Umar Akmal the scientific understanding of a newborn combined with the fitness regime of Susan Boyle!
    Won't work - Ronaldo wanted to win a WC for his country, hence he went to Japan a devoted man, trimming extra fat & working crazy to get his speed back. For a man of his size, a full fit Ronaldo was like Jonah Lomu in soccer. If same treatment is given to Umar, he'll say that fitness trainer has asked him to drink less water (because that's making him fat).

I don't understand, why you are dragging a dead horse, who lost his fitness battle to his own gene, his 10 years older sibling. What else could be more shameful to expose the bad attitude & approach of a pro sportsman?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roshanrocks View Post
    Sami is a singer, so he went for liposuction (don't know medical terms), which trimmed him, but not sure how stronger he was after that.

Umar is a pro sportsman - he has to trim by sweating & burning calorie, otherwise his power will suffer & body balance will be distorted.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow,these Akmals surely have some serious problems everywhere.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never a dull day in Pakistan cricket ... you always remain entertained

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I blame Misbah for this.

On a serious note, he should work even harder and drink alot of green lemon tea.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    The Moon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Please tell me he did not actually say that

Have you ever been to heaven at night?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Sums up his mentality and why he doesn't have the character to succeed in international cricket. A lost cause.
    Exactly, In the opposite AS has hunger to succeed but doesnt care to work on the weaknesses of his game..

May be that is why AS is still fit and ok.. both of them if have changed attitude will be more useful for pak LOIs future....

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is quite fascinating IMHO....Umar should be studied by science !!

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    This is quite fascinating IMHO....Umar should be studied by science !!
    Truly a once in a generation talent.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL now the genes are the culprit , its never umar akmal.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude you failed the fitness test. You can be overweight but still be fit. Interestingly no mention of his fitness regime.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Won't work - Ronaldo wanted to win a WC for his country, hence he went to Japan a devoted man, trimming extra fat & working crazy to get his speed back. For a man of his size, a full fit Ronaldo was like Jonah Lomu in soccer. If same treatment is given to Umar, he'll say that fitness trainer has asked him to drink less water (because that's making him fat).

I don't understand, why you are dragging a dead horse, who lost his fitness battle to his own gene, his 10 years older sibling. What else could be more shameful to expose the bad attitude & approach of a pro sportsman?
    This. He had an ambition to show the world that he was the best. The best players in the world will do anything to be the best. Umar just wants to give an excuse as to why he isn't the best. It's his batting position or his genes or his captain and coach not loving him enough.

Never gonna achieve what he could have been.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of working hard he usually has some hilarious excuse.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    What he says is partly true.

Genes decide if you're prone to storing lots of fat or not. Two people eating the same diet with same activity - one could end up gaining more fat.

But, he obviously went OTT by mentioning water.

And, for a sports athlete, this excuse doesn't hold true, as they must train extra because of their genes.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    brainless the boy wonder strikes again...take that you science types...I think we need to create a whole new subject to study this phenomenon....Akmalism or perhaps Akmalisation a new function of the body that converts water into fat and makes us think he's unfit when he isnt..so it effects everyone else mind too..what a genius..

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to bin him for good now.

Team Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    His fans running a mile away from this thread I see. How long can you guys keep supporting a busted flush ? Akmal's failure to pass a fitness test that even his decade-older brother succeeded in doing, and his lame excuses since sums up the lack of professionalism from this boy who never grew up.

He's 91kg at 5ft 5 and his fat level reading is 115.9 when anything above 100 is considered high. This is ridiculous for an international sportsman.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    water turns into fat, brain turns into jelly.

that's akmal for you.

Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Misbah's fault. Had Misbah retired at age 34, Umar Akmal would be fit. Damn you Misbah. This culture you've introduced of playing till you're fit has ruined Umar Akmal's fitness.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maradona received a gastric bypass surgery that helped him a shed a good deal of weight, and the Argentinian footballer has been slimmer and seemingly better-off ever since.

I think its time U Akmal gets a gastric bypass surgery

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Exactly, In the opposite AS has hunger to succeed but doesnt care to work on the weaknesses of his game..

May be that is why AS is still fit and ok.. both of them if have changed attitude will be more useful for pak LOIs future....
    UA only has hunger for parathas, biryani, and ladoo. Not so much for rotating strike and running between the wickets for that extra run.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol comparing Ronaldo to Umar Akmal

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then don't drink water, smarty

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at Kohli when he was young. He looks chubby with a propensity towards gaining weight.

You work harder. That's what you do.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is he talking about hypothyroid ?
    There are a lot of people who have that problem and they do keep their weight under check with a healthy lifestyle and work out . Not that difficult for a sportsman .

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is no cure for this kind of mentality, unfortunately.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    is he talking about hypothyroid ?
    There are a lot of people who have that problem and they do keep their weight under check with a healthy lifestyle and work out . Not that difficult for a sportsman .
    No, he is talking about his curious case of drinking water & sniffing air, which turns into pot belly fat.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    It's just two days of BBQ and salad diet and he comes up with a conclusion that he can't lose his weight

What we should demand to know is how much of the BBQ diet he is consuming i.e. his body weight in food, him and Kamran's body weight, or all three brothers combined?

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so before when he was fit , wasnt drinking water may be had a reserved storage for water like camels...

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this denial is just shocking, he needs help and i mean it

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post

Proper way to use abbreviation like that (to refer to anyone or anything) is to first mention real name one time and then use abbreviations in rest of the post, this way everyone has an idea whom you are referring to!

One of my nephews was talking about his school in abbreviation as well (don't remember any details now) but he forgot to take in to account the fact that I don't live in Lahore

Sir Mamoon:

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Proper way to use abbreviation like that (to refer to anyone or anything) is to first mention real name one time and then use abbreviations in rest of the post, this way everyone has an idea whom you are referring to!

One of my nephews was talking about his school in abbreviation as well (don't remember any details now) but he forgot to take in to account the fact that I don't live in Lahore
    Even a layman could tell he is talking about Ahmed Shehzad.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he should follow Peter Siddle's diet

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so before when he was fit , wasnt drinking water may be had a reserved storage for water like camels...

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahirFan View Post
    Maybe he should follow Peter Siddle's diet

being a vegan for his diet is ok.. but he shouldnt be campaigning for PETA as it the last organisation that saves animals and their breeding... They do kill hell lot of animals in the name of mercy killing and their speaker justified it openly when questioned....

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I would leave him out of any international squads just for giving such a stupid statement. Says everything about how seriously he takes his fitness.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a slow metabolism can be a pain because you gain weight and appear unfit despite working out. However, when you're a professional cricketer, you need to know that you can get fit regardless of having a slow metabolism by hitting the gym regularly, doing a lot of cardio and going on a diet that consists of zero oil.
    Heck, you can even make you metabolism faster. UAkmal is a disgrace.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's true, that he doesn't need to understand science, but he does need to follow orders of those who do and get into a state of basic fitness (something his much older brother with the same alleged genetic problems managed).

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

Yes but you cannot generalize when we have posters from many countries and several continents as well

Sir Mamoon:

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    What if someone would think AS means Ashant sharma

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    In your house
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The video in OP is from last year, here's the full video:

Last edited by Muhammad10; 20th March 2017 at 16:31.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People taking the literal meaning.

Obviously what UAkmal wanted to say is, no matter what he eats, he gains weight.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post

Obviously what UAkmal wanted to say is, no matter what he eats, he gains weight.
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post

Well everybody knows what he means but everybody thinks he is lying about this condition. Somebody doesnt miraculously develop such a condition in his mid 20s. Unless some medical people would say otherwise?

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    Umar Akmal ko roza rakhna chahye.
    It will help.
    Roza slows your metabolism even further as your body is on survival mode.

Umar needs to take 5 small meals everyday in order to get that metabolism going alongside a lot of exercise.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Montreal-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, just shows the mentality and how much UA really wants to play for Pakistan. If he really wanted to play for Pakistan he would try extra harder to get fit.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    What if someone would think AS means Ashant sharma
    Asad Shafiq is a bit closer. But yes, Ahmed is easily identifiable when we discuss something related to "not so" cricket.