User Tag List

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Pakistan-Afg Border Reopened, Effective immediately (Nawaz Sharif)

I
    Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Monday ordered the reopening of the Pak-Afghan border with immediate effect, DawnNews reported.

The decision was taken as a goodwill gesture as the two countries enjoy religious, cultural and historical relations, the prime minister was quoted as saying.
    The Whole article: https://www.dawn.com/news/1321704/na...-afghan-border

To hell with this man Nawaz. I actually liked him but this move has irked me to no end. He needs to go. The hell that is Afghanistan and it conspiring with India has done so much damage to our nation. And after making one of the best steps in the history (imo) by closing the two gates we reopen it? Just dumb. Should've been closed forever and a literal wall or some sort of barrier should've been built between us and them (And no I am no fan of trump but if there's any nation that deserves to be walled off, then it is Afghanistan). Our country's citizens safety should take priority over anything else but all, ALL of these governments seem to not give a damn.

And since when the hell did the UK care about Pakistan? Oh that's right as soon as we closed the border?

https://www.geo.tv/latest/134321-UK-...fghan-tensions

To hell with the vested interests from foreign powers (that don't ACTUALLY care about our nation). Screw them all. This type of mentality is destroying us.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Think he is trying to provoke the army.

There is no way the border will reopen unless the COAS orders it.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Think he is trying to provoke the army.

There is no way the border will reopen unless the COAS orders it.
    I am all for Democracy. Don't get me wrong. But Security of the nation takes #1 Priority. Pure and simple. We just need to keep the hell on our doorstep out there and not let it get in! We have already suffered too much from it.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic. The extent he goes to make the Saudi Wahabbis happy is beyond me.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistani's held demonstrations for pak government to open the border because they were losing money due to trade with Afghanistan.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG_Brit View Post
    Pakistani's held demonstrations for pak government to open the border because they were losing money due to trade with Afghanistan.
    It is mainly traders in the border area.

Afghanistan's economy will be crippled if supplies do not come through Pakistan. There is no comparison. Afghanistan now has alternative supply routes but still rely heavily on goods passing through Pakistan hence your governments almost daily tirade at border closures. A report on BBC highlighted that prices of some vegetables have increased by 6 times in some areas of Kabul and Afghanistan. I can link you to it when i get home.

Border should be fenced and closed unless someone has a visa or a reason to be in Pakistan .

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    It is mainly traders in the border area

Afghanistan's economy will be crippled if supplies do not come through Pakistan. There is no comparison. Afghanistan now has alternative supply routes but still rely heavily on goods passing through Pakistan hence your governments almost daily tirade at border closures. A report on BBC highlighted that prices of some vegetables have increased by 6 times in some areas of Kabul and Afghanistan. I can link you to it when i get home.

Border should be fenced and closed unless someone has a visa or a reason to be in Pakistan .

I agree that no one should be allowed to Afghanistan and Pakistan without a valid visa. As for impact on businesses, it's both sides who are suffering and not just kabul. That is why Pakistani traders are demonstrating and asking for the border to be opened as it affects them financially.

I have not seen a single protest in Kabul against border closure or hike in prices of vegetables by general public.

There have been problems with people not being able to return to Afghanistan ( afghans ) from Pakistan due to closure of the border. Also, people from border area who have to travel to Peshawar for treatment are being forced to travel to Kabul for treatment. It is all inconvenience for the general public, where as the terrorists get through to both side regardless.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG_Brit View Post
    I agree that no one should be allowed to Afghanistan and Pakistan without a valid visa. As for impact on businesses, it's both sides who are suffering and not just kabul. That is why Pakistani traders are demonstrating and asking for the border to be opened as it affects them financially.

I have not seen a single protest in Kabul against border closure or hike in prices of vegetables by general public.

There have been problems with people not being able to return to Afghanistan ( afghans ) from Pakistan due to closure of the border. Also, people from border area who have to travel to Peshawar for treatment are being forced to travel to Kabul for treatment. It is all inconvenience for the general public, where as the terrorists get through to both side regardless.
    Afghanistan relies heavily on supplies moving through Pakistan, while vice versa its not true. The border closing long-term would cripple Afghan economy while damaging some Pakistani traders in the border regions.

Rest of your post I agree with.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Shahpur Chakar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM Sahib is absolutely right. Shutting down border will not make Pakistan secure. The problem is within the country and Pakistan is just bullying a helpless country.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that it has reopened expect more blasts in the near future. NS will be to blame when it happens. Should have been kept closed until Afghanistan handed over all the terrorists to Pak.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.