Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Javed Afridi hoping Darren Sammy converts to Islam

Peshawar Zalmi owner Javed Afridi has asked his team’s fans to pray that franchise captain Darren Sammy converts to Islam as the two-time World T20 winner is studying the religion.

In a video circulating on social media, Javed can be seen telling news channels that it is a big achievement for him to get Sammy to read about Islam.

“I pray that he accepts Islam as his religion,” said Javed in the video. “He has complete knowledge and the way he is reading about Islam, I think it’s a biggest achievement. For me, for my whole team, it is a big thing.”

Sammy was announced as the captain of the Peshawar team for the second edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) by former Pakistan T20I captain Shahid Afridi during the drafts.

The former West Indies skipper then led Zalmi to the winner’s title in the PSL when his team beat Quetta Gladiators in the final at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

Sammy’s attachment to the Peshawar team has been admirable as he also learned Pashto during his stay with the team players. Sammy was also one of the first players to say yes to playing the final in Lahore, claiming that he will follow Javed wherever he takes him.

Peshawar were the only team of the PSL whose whole roster of foreign players agreed to playing the PSL final in Lahore.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1360469...onverts-islam/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Sammy is doing his research on Islam why not keep it as a secret and wait for his decision instead of creating an awkward situation for him? Maybe his family and people around him were not aware of this but now it's all over media thanks to Mr Javed Afridi habit of feeding media to remain in headlines.

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is with these Afridis and their love of talking to the media

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    This could be an embarrassment if Sammy makes a statement to the contrary!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does it matter whatever religion Darren Sammy follows? He has the choice to believe in whatever he wants.

Its none of Javed Afridi's business.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Trying hard to get back his soft image. He was being criticized for leaking two fake news to media one about KKR playing a match to Zalmi and another news was that Zalmi rejected KP goverment invitation because of phateecher comments. Both news proved to be fake later

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical, first it was about convincing Cricketers to come to Pakistan and then it went on to convincing them to convert to Islam.

Esay kehte hai Unglee di toh haath pakad Liya.

Before, these Cricketers were asked by the media .... Would you like to come to Pakistan? Nobody could refuse straight away.... Now they will be asked, when will you convert to Islam?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    This could be an embarrassment if Sammy makes a statement to the contrary!
    Just like KKR statement and KP goverment statement!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wonder why Religion and Mullah Culture was so rampant in Pakistani Cricketer, where even the Cricketers threaten the opponents of different religion about hellfire and advice them to convert to Islam.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javiersuka View Post
    Typical, first it was about convincing Cricketers to come to Pakistan and then it went on to convincing them to convert to Islam.

Before, these Cricketers were asked by the media .... Would you like to come to Pakistan? Nobody could refuse straight away.... Now they will be asked, when will you convert to Islam?
    Fear not my worried friend, Inshallah the PCB's dastardly plot will fail. I have full confidence that Sammy will resist Afridi's nefarious plotting and will remain a Christian ( or whatever he is).

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rofl.does this gentleman even realize how embarrassing is it to say something like this.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. Would be great to see Brother Daris Sami join the Tableeghi Jamat in the near future. Positive news.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shameful and disgraceful statement from Javed Afridi.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bhaijaan Sammy is going to get a surprise when he checks his twitter - his mentions are going through the roof.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is converting a non-believer considered the ultimate form of service to Allah? If so, then I can't blame Javed for it.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It wasn't going to take long for the Pakistani obsession of converting everyone to Islam to kick in.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Open Mouth.
    Insert Foot.
    Repeat.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Is converting a non-believer considered the ultimate form of service to Allah? If so, then I can't blame Javed for it.
    Every Muslim has to spread the message of Islam. Clearly Sammy is close to Javed Afridi and Shahid Afridi, spending a lot of time together this subject would naturally come up. Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous and the same people would probably jump up in joy if an atheist was trying to give information to a religious person of his/her views.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahmed Shehzad preaching to Dilshan, Javed Afridi now trying to convert Darren Sammy, YoYo being converted to Moyo by Inzamam/Saeed Anwar,Malik apologizing to Muslims of the world, Mo Ali wearing Save Gaza bands

Nothing wrong if Sammy himself found peace in Islam but why can't they just keep religion private

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Every Muslim has to spread the message of Islam. Clearly Sammy is close to Javed Afridi and Shahid Afridi, spending a lot of time together this subject would naturally come up. Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous and the same people would probably jump up in joy if an atheist was trying to give information to a religious person of his/her views.
    I wonder how much Javed Afridi knows about the political climate of St.Lucia or even can locate it on a map....clearly you make it seem like they ran out of conversations before they brought in the topic of religion.

There is a pattern with mostly Pakistan cricket where religion has become as much of a part of it as corruption.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    I wonder how much Javed Afridi knows about the political climate of St.Lucia or even can locate it on a map....clearly you make it seem like they ran out of conversations before they brought in the topic of religion.

There is a pattern with mostly Pakistan cricket where religion has become as much of a part of it as corruption.

When someone you're around goes off 5 times a day to pray, it's a natural conversation as to why someone would do this. There's no reason to assume politics or any other non sports related subject would come up before this.

Not sure what pattern you have noticed but Muslims don't have to hide their way of life in area of life, cricket or at dinner with friends.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Good post.

Howeer, Javed should've kept it subtle.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True to some extent but why did he need to declare it to the whole world. If Sammy wants to convert, good for him but this puts so much pressure on him being close friend of both Afridis and last thing you want is someone converting purely to please his friends/boss.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if Christian or Hindu team owner tried to convert their players to their respective religions...

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wonder we are such a backwards society. We will never move on with such a mentality. Disgusting.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    True to some extent but why did he need to declare it to the whole world. If Sammy wants to convert, good for him but this puts so much pressure on him being close friend of both Afridis and last thing you want is someone converting purely to please his friends/boss.
    I doubt Sammy is the kind of chap to be pressurised into being converted. I think it's more of a case of them talking about it and having some banta. I haven't seen the video of his interview but perhaps this is just a follow up on a previous statement. I really don't see what the big deal is, converting to another religion is hardly a rare thing these days. People are too brainwashed by images of radical Muslims trying to convert others when in reality people who convert are very much clued up and do so on their own wishes.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is more about media coverage than Sammy converting to Islam.

Gut feeling.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Darren Sami.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Owners like this are good for the tournament as odd as it may appear.

Keeps PSL in the minds of paying customers during the off-season.

Still embarrassing.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As long as you dont have double standards and will not mind your players being tried to be converted to Hinduism or Christanity. But wait, then you would support death sentences based on apostasy laws.

BTW, Atheists do not convert at all. There is a huge, huge difference between an atheist sharing his views when he is the one under threat and pressure compared to a huge religion which puts pressure on non-believers in different ways inclouding inviting them as guests and them putting subtle pressure on them. Your ridiculous comparison shows the absolute hypocrisy of some religious people

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Toronto-Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one thing that I never can understand about a lot of Pakistani's, why is it that they must always bring religion into every single thing. Very embarrassing.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Judging by the comments here and the eagerness of these Pakistani celebrities to convey the message of Islam to foreign players, I wonder under how much pressure is a common non muslim Pakistani to convert to Islam?

Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolutely ridiculous by Afridi

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon put it so aptly.

I don't understand what is the need to convert everyone to Islam. It's like we're obsessed. The other thing I've noticed is that if we like someone, we really need to them to convert to Islam to continue liking them otherwise we must not be friends with infidels. Pathetic... Hope he doesn't bring shame to Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    As long as you dont have double standards and will not mind your players being tried to be converted to Hinduism or Christanity. But wait, then you would support death sentences based on apostasy laws.

BTW, Atheists do not convert at all. There is a huge, huge difference between an atheist sharing his views when he is the one under threat and pressure compared to a huge religion which puts pressure on non-believers in different ways inclouding inviting them as guests and them putting subtle pressure on them. Your ridiculous comparison shows the absolute hypocrisy of some religious people
    if u sum it up then javid should have not made it public..simple..

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is the problem with mullahs

They see every interaction as an opportunity to do tableegh and hence you never know whether what they are saying is from their heart or to achieve an end

Lets say Sammy is genuinely interested in Islam. Why publicise it and put pressure on him and make it awkward for him. Maybe he hasnt even told his close family members and now he is stuck in a rock and a hard place

#MPGA

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People from one of the most unislamic country in the world (in the day to day conduct and practice) are obsessed with converting others to Islam. Interesting.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    setting up their future political careers

I have seen Javed Afridi got up to while in Australia during the WC. He just speaking like this to appeal to the masses

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Judging by the comments here and the eagerness of these Pakistani celebrities to convey the message of Islam to foreign players, I wonder under how much pressure is a common non muslim Pakistani to convert to Islam?
    It isn't just Pakistani Muslim, but even Indian ones get really excited about the prospects of converting someone. I faked my interest in Islam to a Muslim girl (just to be nice), and for months, I would have her sending me hundreds of messages about Islam. Same was the case when I had a debate on religion with a Muslim friend, he acted the same and would often tag me to facebook posts.

I for one am not against this. I find this passion about their belief quite beautiful (unless they overdo it).

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahmed Shehzad preaching to Dilshan, Javed Afridi now trying to convert Darren Sammy, YoYo being converted to Moyo by Inzamam/Saeed Anwar,Malik apologizing to Muslims of the world, Mo Ali wearing Save Gaza bands

Nothing wrong if Sammy himself found peace in Islam but why can't they just keep religion private
    yoyo to moyo

this pakistani obsession of converting non muslims is sickening.

even after chastening most will feel they are doing some great service.

Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have many Jamaican friends and have actually traveled to Caribbean Islands before. Its extremely hard to live the life of a pure Muslim there. Everything those guys do is a sin in Islam. May be in Trinidad & Tobago or Guyana where Indians form the majority of population, it is possible.
    Mr. Sammy is from St.Lucia. Too much partying going on there all the time.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 21st March 2017 at 20:25.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    May be in Trinidad & Tobago or Guyana where Indians form the majority of population, it is possible.
    A famous Islamic scholar, author and philosopher Sheikh Imran Hosein is from Trinidad and Tobago.

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure Jawed Afridi has also been busy think about what name he will giving Darren - Dilnawaz Samiullah Afridi has a nice flow to it.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    A famous Islamic scholar, author and philosopher Sheikh Imran Hosein is from Trinidad and Tobago.
    Many Indian Muslims from UP/Bihar and Bengal were on boat when British took them there. Many converted to Christianity at the port of arrival in Trinidad and Guyana. British did an awesome job of luring many converts when they arrived.

Still, Hindus or Muslims or Christians, all Indians stick together there. Many Hindus have Muslim and Christian relatives and vice-a-versa

Hindus or Muslims or Christains, all UP/Biharis and Tamils stick together there.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one is blaming him for that but why it has become public knowledge.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the obsession about converting people to Islam...Sammy supporting Pak cricket is what it is , What's with converting him ? What difference would it make to this Afridi guy what religion Sammy follows ? Accept people how they are when you invite them and make them feel welcome , don't invite them in and try to change them according to how you want to see them ..

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    I don't understand the obsession about converting people to Islam...Sammy supporting Pak cricket is what it is , What's with converting him ? What difference would it make to this Afridi guy what religion Sammy follows ? Accept people how they are when you invite them and make them feel welcome , don't invite them in and try to change them according to how you want to see them ..
    With religions like Islam and Christianity there is often an evangelical streak. Those who take it seriously will answer it's their duty to save their friends and families from Hell so maybe that is how Afridi is looking at it.

No doubt it's annoying being confronted by over zealous religious folk in day to day life, I hate it. But on the other hand, when I see people bursting a blood vessel over it on PP I find it quite funny I have to confess.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    An employer putting on public pressure via national media for an employee to change their religion? Sounds moral and legal.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    With religions like Islam and Christianity there is often an evangelical streak. Those who take it seriously will answer it's their duty to save their friends and families from Hell so maybe that is how Afridi is looking at it.

No doubt it's annoying being confronted by over zealous religious folk in day to day life, I hate it. But on the other hand, when I see people bursting a blood vessel over it on PP I find it quite funny I have to confess.
    Not bursting a blood vessel over it , I do come across a lot of jehovah's witnesses and religious people whp believe in these aspects but what I find odd is the lack of sensibility in making statements such as these on an international level involving athletes or celebrities or whosoever.
    Mixing religion with politics, sports is never a good idea and as a owner of the team his role is purely managerial and not mixing into someone's private beliefs. I can't imagine the uproar if owners of Mumbai Indians or Kolkatta Knightriders making statements of converting religion of their players in media - SRK / Juhi Chawla or Preity Zinta looking to convert Malinga/Gayle/ whoever it is......that's wrong.
    A maulvi sitting in the street saying this would be non sensical but a team owner inviting a player to play for his team and requesting his fans to pray for this is comical and mind boggling
    Last edited by bleaf27; 21st March 2017 at 16:20.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let Sammy decide instead of this obsession of finding converts all the time. If Allah shows him the way he will accept Islam one day otherwise not.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    I believe people should be allowed to preach/discuss/debate/invite anyone to any way of life or religion.

Your second sentence is complete nonsense and I challenge you to find any evidence from my posts on here to suggest this is the case. You seem to be ignorant of Islamic laws too, please don't make a fool out of yourself.

Of course you have met every atheist on the planet and are the spokesman for atheists. I know plenty of atheists who are known as militant atheists because they try to convince people to leave religion.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    How will Javed Afridi book his place in jannat, if he isn't able to convert even one pagan into a believer?

Sammy gave a finger to hold, Afridi grabbed an entire arm. Shameless and disgraceful for him.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    An employer putting on public pressure via national media for an employee to change their religion? Sounds moral and legal.
    Yeah, I find the public nature of this extremely distasteful.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pp'ers are heart broken lol. Let someone convert from Islam to any religion but not from Islam to any religion is the view of many Muslims which shows the state of the ummah. How's times have changed since the golden era of Islam. We are the reason why we are being butchered everywhere. How true Allah said:
    ظھر الفساد فی البر والبحر بما کسبت ایدی الناس

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Javed Afridi. Our bloved prophet Muhammad's saw said
    الا فاالیبلغ الشاھد الغاءب
    Spread the message not mock someone who doing every Muslims job

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Allah knows what is in someone's heart but aqal says it's just a businessman playing to the gallery and saying what his target market likes to hear.

It is absolutely fine if someone inspires a person of other faith to study Islam when they are away from the professional set up of a dressing room or simply when they are not on a professional assignment. That way it is their personal business. I personally dislike when such a thing is made public (probably without consent of the said player) and also using words like "its an achievement for me and my team" which shows that it is being said in somewhat a professional capacity.

I know how the people who are condoning it feel like. I was one of them a while ago but i have grown out of it and realized that the beauty of doing God's work is to go about it quietly , away from the limelight and not boast about it.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Donald Trump can convert to Islam than why can't Sammy

Donald Trump seen performing Azaan

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahirFan View Post
    If Donald Trump can convert to Islam than why can't Sammy

Donald Trump seen performing Azaan
    this has to be the one of the most hilarious thinhs i have seen in a while.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    if Sammy wants to convert to Islam or is interested in the religion then thats a personal issue for him of course and if he did that decision is to be respected. Javed Afridi and him can discuss about Islam and Javed can put his case forward for the Islam he follows. But these type of statements just come across as uneducated. But you see this mentality from a lot of people online Cristiano Ronaldo donates to Palestinian charities oh hope he becomes a Muslim. Angelina Jolie speaks out in support of Pakistan oh i hope she becomes a Muslim. I get why they do it because of all the Hell Fire malarkey but it comes across as really cringeworthy.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    if Sammy wants to convert to Islam or is interested in the religion then thats a personal issue for him of course and if he did that decision is to be respected. Javed Afridi and him can discuss about Islam and Javed can put his case forward for the Islam he follows. But these type of statements just come across as uneducated. But you see this mentality from a lot of people online Cristiano Ronaldo donates to Palestinian charities oh hope he becomes a Muslim. Angelina Jolie speaks out in support of Pakistan oh i hope she becomes a Muslim. I get why they do it because of all the Hell Fire malarkey but it comes across as really cringeworthy.
    Not sure what you mean by uneducated? Not sure what is the connection there?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @MenInG its the type of comment you see from the uneducated common man on social media. Its just a social faux pas . You know this guy personally and Sammy has very publicly said he is a Christian in the past so it could cause awkwardness between him and family members or friends if they hear something like this in the media. If Javed wants to tell Sammy about Islam in private but he shouldnt publicise it that should be up to Sammy. Its just a dumb thing to blurt out to the Media.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javiersuka View Post

To you and all others who will say exactly what you said, read this:

“He has complete knowledge and the way he is reading about Islam, I think it’s a biggest achievement."

Where is the convincing??

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Should've been kept under the carpet

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is there a problem wearing save Gaza armbands?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Somewhere from Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What have you done, Javed vaijaan!!

Last edited by Abdullah719; 23rd March 2017 at 13:39.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anik Sharma View Post

Oh No.. I was really looking forward to see how Sammy doing sajdah

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I was hoping Sammy would become a Hindu, then we could see him do the sajda at his parent's feet.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Anik Sharma and justvas expected Javed has left himself with egg on his face. The Deobandi Islam Javed follows isnt really something compatible with Caribbean culture anyway.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    A bit of tact and maturity doesn't seem to be a trait of Afridis.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I was hoping Sammy would become a Hindu, then we could see him do the sajda at his parent's feet.

Sammy/Sami/Swami. He needs to quickly decide.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anik Sharma View Post

My be Javed Afridi put too much pressure on Sammy and scared him away.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 23rd March 2017 at 17:38.