Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Virat Kohli alleges Indian physio was disrespected, Steven Smith brushes allegations aside

Ranchi: Allegations and denials flew thick and fast between rival captains Virat Kohli and Steven Smith with the India skipper claiming that the home team physio Patrick Farhart was “disrespected” by visiting players. Kohli alleged that some Australians unnecessarily taunted the Farhart but Smith denied the claim. “They [four-five of them] started taking Patrick’s name. I don’t know why. He’s our physio. His job is to treat me. I don’t find the reason behind it. I could not understand. You must ask why they have started taking his name,” said Kohli at post match press conference. While saving a run on the first day of the third Test here, Kohli hurt his shoulder and Farhart rushed onto the field to attain to his injury. Kohli eventually left the field with the physio.

Later Glenn Maxwell was seen mocking Kohli’s injury when he imitated his action by clutching his right shoulder after his dive to save a boundary. The Indian skipper, too, gave it back with a similar gesture when David Warner got out on Sunday. When an Australian scribe asked about the mocking incident involving himself and Glenn Maxwell, an upset Kohli said: “It’s funny all our guys ask about cricket as the first thing and you ask about something controversial. But it’s okay. These things happen on the field.”

However Smith insisted that they never disrespected Farhart, who himself is an Australia. “It was a bit disappointing. I didn’t actually do anything. Virat was having a go at me saying I was disrespecting Patrick Farhart. I was probably the exact opposite. I think he probably did a pretty terrific job to be able to get Virat back on the field after that shoulder injury. He’s a terrific physio and he obviously does a great job for them,” said Smith. Asked about his take on the spirit of the game, Smith said: “There’s always a bit of tension when you’re playing India in Test matches. As far I’m concerned it’s being played in the right spirit on the field and it’s a hard and tough grind. That’s how I would explain it and no issues with that.”

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/v...rd-test-587588

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Loveing the beef between the two teams!

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is losing it now. He needs to just shut up and focus on his batting.

His Australian counterpart is Making him look like a noob

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kohli crybaby mat ban, wo kar jiske wajah se tu Kohli hain

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joly View Post
    kohli crybaby mat ban, wo kar jiske wajah se tu Kohli hain
    Sahi bole janab, kohli whining and acting like a crybaby non-stop. Must focus to talk with the bat.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if Kohli would have got runs with bat , it would have been fun.All whining and no performance doesn't make him look good here.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Patrick Farhat used to the be the physio for Australia and for New South Wales.

Most the Australian team is from NSW.

He used to be their physio so they all know him.

Virat Kohli really desperate to deflect from his horrible form.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should concentrate on his performance. Australia have really got into their heads.

Dharamshala will provide more help to australian bowlers so I won't be surprised if we lose the next test and then the series. What an embarrassing performance will that be.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is losing the plot now

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli should focus on his batting. Forget about ATG, the way he's playing now, he won't even make it to all time India XI.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kohli is such a drama queen

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saw some comments here having a go at Kohli. So just before you come to a conclusion let me clarify that it was Steven Smith who dragged Patrick's name into this media slugfest. Virat didn't even mentioned Farhart until he was specifically asked by an Aussie journo about Smith's comments and interestingly it was the one and only question asked by the whole entourage of australian media. Now you all can go and make your judgement
    Last edited by KevinFern; 20th March 2017 at 15:32.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor Patrick , it was always on the cards once the Aussies found out he was a second cousin twice removed of imran farhart

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Kohli is starting to get on a lot of Indian fans' nerves, including mine.

One of the recently retired players should take him aside and tell him to cruise for a bit without much drama or needle in the press.

Doubly useful when he isn't scoring any runs at the moment anyway.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mind games on and off yield to disrupt the players consentration

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    What a bunch of petulant kids these 2 teams are.

He said, she said, they said - grow up and get on with the cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Extremely childish behavior from both teams. I am Virats biggest fan but he needs to concentrate on cricket now.

Talk with your bat now.

Smith and co carry on letting your performances do the talking.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair to Virat , I saw the post match interview, And Virat was asked a specific question on the Physiotherapist matter by a reporter , He did not come out and start the accusations. I am sure there would have been some banter around his injury and His Physiotherapist considering he is the medical expert in question