User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Its a proven fact! Pakistanis are happier than Indians....

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This study can be misleading. Take for instance South Africa which consist of white and non white communities. White South Africans who have benefited from apartheid, are one of the richest people in the world and are extremely happy. Non whites in South Africa are living in extreme poverty and are very unhappy

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we live in a bigger denial than Indians do. Or the ones that were unhappy already immigrated or went to seek asylum in various parts of the world.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyG View Post
    Maybe we live in a bigger denial than Indians do. Or the ones that were unhappy already immigrated or went to seek asylum in various parts of the world.
    Pakistanis I speak to are not satisfied with things in their county but they are happy so I can believe it.

Whether you can actually devise an index is moot

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis are a very khush-dil quam. You know nothing can put them down if they didn't bend over after daily bomb blasts during the 2006-2012 era (and then APS in 2014). Pakistanis also know they should hardly expect anything from their government. They have pretty much accepted that. So everybody works on the "apni madad aap" principle.

Give us good food and we will find our own mauj melaa.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How do you measure happiness as a country?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I remember reading a report in a newspaper a good few years back where Pakistanis were rated as one of the happier people in the world, higher than the UK which is why it made the news here. May well be due to lower expectations but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistanis I speak to are not satisfied with things in their county but they are happy so I can believe it.

Whether you can actually devise an index is moot
    But are they the 80th most happy people in the world?

It's impossible to compare happiness when every society has a different reality.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Macclesfield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol even Zambia is happier than India. I have noticed over the social media that usually Indians are extremely bitter. What is the reason behind this?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    We are probably the most delusional nation in the world, which I think explains why we are so happy.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We are probably the most delusional nation in the world, which I think explains why we are so happy.
    We are not as delusional as our parosis who think they are superpower even though half of their population goes to bed hungry.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't believe such a stupid report. We are one of the most cheerful and happy people who just mind their own business and don't poke their nose in what others, especially Pakistanis, are doing.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    We are not as delusional as our parosis who think they are superpower even though half of their population goes to bed hungry.
    We are more delusional than them in my view.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We are more delusional than them in my view.
    no, Pakistani`s are realistic they know they don`t have anything in their hand and still, they cheer for every single small happiness.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From my experience people in Pakistan are generally much happier than those living in the UK. I blame the dull weather here but im sure there is more to it.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't take a lot to make Pakistanis happy perhaps.....I saw a video of Basit Ali dancing on TV when India lost to New zealand and even worse host of a Pakistani sports show dance when India lost the semifinals to Westindies...both nothing to do with Pakistan

Also there was a video of bunch of Pakistani kids singing mauka mauka at Indians when India lost the WC semis despite Pak being eliminated in the Quarters after just about qualifying to the knockouts.

May be they see pleasure in smaller things.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @kaayal, @SandyB I think people of our state are the most unhappiest among Indians inspite of having decent facilities to lead a comfortable life.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The older generation is very happy and optimistic about everything in Pakistan, the younger ones are usually imagining a doomsday scenario all the time.

Even thought it may be a delusion, I still agree with this happiness approach. There are things, no matter how much you cry about, wont get fixed so why bother. I knew people who 10 years back were always crying about how there will be no Pakistan by 2020, now they pushed their timeline 15 years further. You can settle these kind of people in developed nation and they'll still find something to be worried about all the time. We should strive for change for betterment all the time but I don't see the point of going around with a bad mood everyday just because things are not the way you'd like them to be.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    POTW. I've been trying to say this for such a long time but I couldn't find the words. :p

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not surprised. Despite all the turbulence, everyone seems to leading positive, optimistic lives. Like another poster put, perhaps we are so delusional which leads us to being happy. And I don't find anything wrong in that. As long as we are happy, why should anyone else have a problem. A country of depressed individuals does not become the superpower.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornbill View Post
    @kaayal, @SandyB I think people of our state are the most unhappiest among Indians inspite of having decent facilities to lead a comfortable life.
    @Hornbill Where is that statistic ? Need proof bro

And one thing, "education leads to enlightenment ".. The average Keralite is far more concerned about our dwindling employment oppurtunities , health issues (all those first world diseases- Diabetes, B.P, Cholesterol), pollution and women safety etc and how to maintain this quality of life, that we spend more time worried.

Compare that to our brethren in the UP or Guj , majority lives in abject poverty, but no worries !!.. Throw in some Akhand Bharath, Beat up some beef eaters, pray to the Gau Mata and season it up with some ultra-patriotism and pro-military showboating and EVERYONE IS CONTENDED ! .. Wish life was so simple..

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis are happy any time , whether alot of problems like loadshedding, terrorism , unemployment occurs , but they face them all worries with happiness.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    From my experience people in Pakistan are generally much happier than those living in the UK. I blame the dull weather here but im sure there is more to it.
    Too much information can be a bad thing as well. The average Pakistani probably doesn't have time for the internet so doesn't really know what he or she is missing. The average Brit will wake up feeling good, then read the Daily Mail headline about waves of immigration and terror alerts and immediately feel like going back to bed.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    Doesn't take a lot to make Pakistanis happy perhaps.....I saw a video of Basit Ali dancing on TV when India lost to New zealand and even worse host of a Pakistani sports show dance when India lost the semifinals to Westindies...both nothing to do with Pakistan

Also there was a video of bunch of Pakistani kids singing mauka mauka at Indians when India lost the WC semis despite Pak being eliminated in the Quarters after just about qualifying to the knockouts.

May be they see pleasure in smaller things.
    Yeah lol i remember that show....i have watched it sometimes ..it was very funny though loll..

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian's are more materialistic then us. Keeping that in mind I have always felt that we are the happier and more content community.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta say, the more I've gone to Pakistan in my adult life, the more content, happy and carefree I have seen her people comparedt o back home in the UK. I've taken the London Underground pretty much every day for the last 10 years and it is full of some of the most miserable people I have ever come across. Going to shopping centers, high streets etc etc, I get the same feeling. People staring beyond them wit ha dazed, confused look, staringly angrily into the distance, looking down att he ground, barely a smile, soulless thanks yous and sorrys lol I know thats not everyone but a large chunk of the population.

Having said that, the more I go away from large urband centres, the happier and friendlier the people get but still not on the level of Pakistan or Egypt or Lebanon or Jordan or Medinah or Makkah or probably the place with the most carefree people I've met, the Mauritius.

I guess money can't buy you happiness.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 21st March 2017 at 22:58.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definition of happiness is quite varied and which factors were they considering in this study would make a difference. Now from what I have experienced in life is ignorance is bliss. The lesser you know the more at peace you are.
    Does lesser education / ignorance give you more peace of mind and higher happiness on a scale ? Quite possible.
    India as the fastest growing economy has always emphasized itself on learning , accomplishment and pride and truth be told, that puts a lot of pressure on the students / young workforce and the newer generation trying to find their footing. That could be a factor too.