Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 105
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,846
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How is it legal for India to refuse to play Tests against Pakistan at any venue?

    Just wondering how is it possible for India to refuse play us at any venue , home, neutral or away? Especially considering the fact that we are all ranked by same test team ranking.

    So, would it be fair, if Pakistan just refused playing South Africa anywhere or Australia?

    How could India get away with discriminating against us for so long? We could play at any venue and by boycotting us are the rankings even fair. Two teams in top 6 ( both been no 1 in last year) have not played in years?

    What logic does India use that makes it ok for them to jsut refusing playing Pakistan in Dubai, Lanka etc?

    Also out team went there in 2013 and thent20 wc 2016 and we play in major tournaments so how come they pick and choose what to play with us. Who gets the authority and why?

    Not saying India ranking in danger if they play pak. I think India would beat us in most venues on current form. But this makes no sense


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because the ICC doesn't do anything. It's not a governing body. There was a detailed piece about it not so long ago.

    The BCCI does as it pleases and India as a nation is too extreme to even allow the PCB chairman to hold negotiations without being attacked. In all honesty, I don't think Pkaistan should ever agree to play in India until a fully fledged national apology is offered by the Indian government and BCCI for the situation and contracts are signed for India to then tour Pakistan.

    Don't be "bikarees" lol

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    27,471
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India is a super power and they can do anything.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,846
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    Because the ICC doesn't do anything. It's not a governing body. There was a detailed piece about it not so long ago.

    The BCCI does as it pleases and India as a nation is too extreme to even allow the PCB chairman to hold negotiations without being attacked. In all honesty, I don't think Pkaistan should ever agree to play in India until a fully fledged national apology is offered by the Indian government and BCCI for the situation and contracts are signed for India to then tour Pakistan.

    Don't be "bikarees" lol
    Link?


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  5. #5
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,846
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    India is a super power and they can do anything.
    How come everyone lets it pass? This is so hypocritical and cruel. Like if it is up to govt, how come its ok to play with us in WC or Champions trophy? Forget the signed contracts and money, how can they get away and get no 1 ranking when who knows Yasir could have rolled them in UAE. If both parties didnt want to play, maybe little understandable but its so one sided

    How come other super powers like AUS or SA or ENG say nothing ?


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    27,471
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post

    How come other super powers like AUS or SA or ENG say nothing ?
    Because they make the numbers which is more important than anything for them.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    15,907
    Mentioned
    3400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    Floyd is that you?



    It was on cricinfo or the Guardian or the Telegraph but I'm too lazy to find it lol

    I'll look for it tomo, kinda later here. Forgive me bro
    No it's Angel Garcia there's an account on here which Floyd posts from given how big a fan that posters is of TMT to the point where it gets creepy

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    17,011
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    How come everyone lets it pass? This is so hypocritical and cruel. Like if it is up to govt, how come its ok to play with us in WC or Champions trophy? Forget the signed contracts and money, how can they get away and get no 1 ranking when who knows Yasir could have rolled them in UAE. If both parties didnt want to play, maybe little understandable but its so one sided

    How come other super powers like AUS or SA or ENG say nothing ?
    It's the biggest problem with the way international cricket is scheduled. Tours are agreed bilaterally so it's up to the two teams to agree to play each other, the ICC can't force them to play. It's why Australia haven't played a test against Bangladesh in ten years and it's been almost 15 years since they played Zimbabwe.

    It's also why the idea of an ICC Test Championship is completely idiotic, teams don't play a balanced schedule so it's completely pointless. You can have a big "Championship" test at Lords or whatever but because the ICC Rankings are so flawed, the end result is the crowning of a paper champion.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    2,899
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Legal? ICC can't make teams play each other if the boards aren't willing

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    17,011
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To add to my last post, the only reason India plays Pakistan in World Cups and other ICC tournaments is because refusing to do so would result in them forfeiting the points and risking elimination.

    With no potential penalty for refusing to organise a bilateral series, there is no reason for the BCCI to stop making excuses.

    And before anyone thinks that Pakistan isn't above abusing the FTP, remember when we cancelled/postponed our series against Zimbabwe once it became clear that we had qualifed for the Champions Trophy?

    The whole system is a joke.
    Last edited by Big Mac; 20th March 2017 at 23:08.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    7,707
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    To add to my last post, the only reason India plays Pakistan in World Cups and other ICC tournaments is because refusing to do so would result in them forfeiting the points and risking elimination.

    With no potential penalty for refusing to organise a bilateral series, there is no reason for the BCCI to stop making excuses.

    And before anyone thinks that Pakistan isn't above abusing the FTP, remember when we cancelled/postponed our series against Zimbabwe once it became clear that we had qualifed for the Champions Trophy?

    The whole system is a joke.
    Thats a very good point raised, our people forget when we made use the advantage of the system

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Pakistan did to Zimbabwe was disgraceful and they should be the last people complaining that India does not want to play them

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    17,011
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahirFan View Post
    What Pakistan did to Zimbabwe was disgraceful and they should be the last people complaining that India does not want to play them
    Don't make a false equivalence between the two things. The difference is that Pakistan will still play Zimbabwe, both boards knew those ODIs were there as a last resort to give Pakistan a chance to get qualification points.

    Yes it was playing dirty but those postponed games WILL get played and Zimbabwe will get paid. India's blanket refusal to play Pakistan makes a far bigger mockery of the system.

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    5,513
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahirFan View Post
    What Pakistan did to Zimbabwe was disgraceful and they should be the last people complaining that India does not want to play them
    Tbf to Pakistan, they did play a series with Zim. in Pakistan that was not scheduled originally.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,220
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it is an open secret why India doesn't want to play Pakistan; isolation. With due respect to the Afghan players but selecting them in the Ipl doesn't give a sound message to Pakistan either.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,193
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It is only wrong if you get caught and there are repercussions.

    Not playing against Pakistan in bilaterals has zero negative impact on Indian cricket. They play in tournaments because that will result in a forfeit and India may lose valuable points.

    Pakistani fans and PCB must realize that India is not going to play a bilateral series for Pakistan in near future. Pakistan has to start performing better to play more with other big 2 Australia and England.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    36,312
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have their reasons and if you believe their version then they are right in not playing with us.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    2,233
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    Legal?ICC can't make teams play each otherif the boards aren't willing
    And therein lies the root of the problem.The ICC can't do anything.It simply does not have the power to tackle the BCCI.Although it has been making some progress on that front.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,851
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A mixture of racism and hate. Pakistan should not let BCCI make any money from Pak-India ICC tourney matches.

    As goodwill we went to India to play a series but they never reciprocated.

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    366
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    A mixture of racism and hate. Pakistan should not let BCCI make any money from Pak-India ICC tourney matches.

    As goodwill we went to India to play a series but they never reciprocated.
    The BCCI does not make money. The ICC is one that makes the money in all ICC tournaments. A portion of all the $$/profits made is distributed to all boards.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    957
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    Just wondering how is it possible for India to refuse play us at any venue , home, neutral or away? Especially considering the fact that we are all ranked by same test team ranking.

    So, would it be fair, if Pakistan just refused playing South Africa anywhere or Australia?

    How could India get away with discriminating against us for so long? We could play at any venue and by boycotting us are the rankings even fair. Two teams in top 6 ( both been no 1 in last year) have not played in years?

    What logic does India use that makes it ok for them to jsut refusing playing Pakistan in Dubai, Lanka etc?

    Also out team went there in 2013 and thent20 wc 2016 and we play in major tournaments so how come they pick and choose what to play with us. Who gets the authority and why?

    Not saying India ranking in danger if they play pak. I think India would beat us in most venues on current form. But this makes no sense
    Legal or illegal is determined by the governing law. What is the governing law for this issue? If you can answer this question, you will have an answer to "How is it legal for India to refuse to play Tests against Pakistan at any venue?"

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,220
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    They have their reasons and if you believe their version then they are right in not playing with us.
    Then why allow our blind team to come and play. Mate there is logic to their madness

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,705
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    A mixture of racism and hate. Pakistan should not let BCCI make any money from Pak-India ICC tourney matches.

    As goodwill we went to India to play a series but they never reciprocated.
    Goodwill? The then PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf came to India in order to ask for a series. BCCI merely obliged.


    The Best There Is, the Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    1,317
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Goodwill? The then PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf came to India in order to ask for a series. BCCI merely obliged.
    Stop distorting facts and using events for you own benefit. You make it sound as though Zaka Ashraf came to beg for a series. Let me tell you what really happened, the chairmen of the two boards were supposed to meet and given the then security situation of Pakistan, India was chosen as the venue. Pakistan and India had not played in a long time and thus this series was scheduled. BCCI also promised to tour UAE in the future given Pakistan toured India. Thus, it was a goodwill gesture whether you like it or not since Pakistan did India the favour of touring and letting them make big money.

    BCCI however later proved their unprofessionalism by not sticking to their word and refusing to travel. You can sugarcoat it as much as you like but this is the reality. Stop living a delusional life.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    3,910
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Stop distorting facts and using events for you own benefit. You make it sound as though Zaka Ashraf came to beg for a series. Let me tell you what really happened, the chairmen of the two boards were supposed to meet and given the then security situation of Pakistan, India was chosen as the venue. Pakistan and India had not played in a long time and thus this series was scheduled. BCCI also promised to tour UAE in the future given Pakistan toured India. Thus, it was a goodwill gesture whether you like it or not since Pakistan did India the favour of touring and letting them make big money.

    BCCI however later proved their unprofessionalism by not sticking to their word and refusing to travel. You can sugarcoat it as much as you like but this is the reality. Stop living a delusional life.
    Indian version says that BCCI and Indian govt gave clearance for that series as a goodwill gesture. But a lot of unfortunate events taking place and Pakistani govt policies treating India as an enemy state meant that the whole process got derailed.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Stop distorting facts and using events for you own benefit. You make it sound as though Zaka Ashraf came to beg for a series. Let me tell you what really happened, the chairmen of the two boards were supposed to meet and given the then security situation of Pakistan, India was chosen as the venue. Pakistan and India had not played in a long time and thus this series was scheduled. BCCI also promised to tour UAE in the future given Pakistan toured India. Thus, it was a goodwill gesture whether you like it or not since Pakistan did India the favour of touring and letting them make big money.

    BCCI however later proved their unprofessionalism by not sticking to their word and refusing to travel. You can sugarcoat it as much as you like but this is the reality. Stop living a delusional life.
    basically this. bcci is in power so they can get away with anything, shameless.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    7,609
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm because India isn't rejecting to play against Pakistan because its not safe. Indian government has taken a categorical decision (good or bad decision - is not in debate here) to cease ties in some sector with Pakistan. BCCI has to adhere.

    And yes playing Pakistan in global tournaments defeats the purpose in some ways but probably BCCI wants to give India the best shot at winning the trophy and conceding 2 points wont exactly help doing that.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    79,269
    Mentioned
    1235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    No politics or non cricket matters here


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    9,867
    Mentioned
    2407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    BCCI however later proved their unprofessionalism by not sticking to their word and refusing to travel. You can sugarcoat it as much as you like but this is the reality. Stop living a delusional life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    basically this. bcci is in power so they can get away with anything, shameless.
    Which board was unprofessional when it refused NOCs to it's players to participate in IPL 2009?

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    A mixture of racism and hate. Pakistan should not let BCCI make any money from Pak-India ICC tourney matches.

    As goodwill we went to India to play a series but they never reciprocated.
    BCCI is a bully lets face it, its about time people stood upto them.

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    366
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    BCCI is a bully lets face it, its about time people stood upto them.
    I agree. I have said the same several times in the past. But the problem is there does not seem to be any willingness to do this from the people who are supposed. They seem to be bunch of corrupt, selfish, lazy....call it whatever, who are just interested in easy money and not willing to work hard and earn it.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The bcci simply doesnot have permission to play Pakistan in any bilateral series.Thats the decision of a sovereign govt and no one can do jack about it.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    Then why allow our blind team to come and play. Mate there is logic to their madness
    They came for a world cup.Right?

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Stop distorting facts and using events for you own benefit. You make it sound as though Zaka Ashraf came to beg for a series. Let me tell you what really happened, the chairmen of the two boards were supposed to meet and given the then security situation of Pakistan, India was chosen as the venue. Pakistan and India had not played in a long time and thus this series was scheduled. BCCI also promised to tour UAE in the future given Pakistan toured India. Thus, it was a goodwill gesture whether you like it or not since Pakistan did India the favour of touring and letting them make big money.

    BCCI however later proved their unprofessionalism by not sticking to their word and refusing to travel. You can sugarcoat it as much as you like but this is the reality. Stop living a delusional life.
    Absolutely WRONG.

    Ijaz Butt and Zaka Ashraf kept pleading the bcci for a series in uae.Ijaz Butt even tried to arm twist bcci by refusing nocs to pak players for ipl 2009.When bcci refused to play.

    So out of desperation zaka ashraf propsed a series in india.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    1,897
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Absolutely WRONG.

    Ijaz Butt and Zaka Ashraf kept pleading the bcci for a series in uae.Ijaz Butt even tried to arm twist bcci by refusing nocs to pak players for ipl 2009.When bcci refused to play.

    So out of desperation zaka ashraf propsed a series in india.
    You should chronicle the Indo-Pak saga (last 10 yrs or so) on a seperate thread .... people have short memories and there is no shortage of people who want to believe that India is afraid of the mighty Pakistan team ....


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  36. #36
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,184
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is no explanation really. If we can't play in Pakistan because of security why are we saying no to UAE? UAE is safe. We have even hosted our pyjama league there.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    852
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because the FTP is not a legal document, its a bilateral arrangement and there are ALWAYS conditions which need to be fulfilled for the tours to happen, whether it involves India or any other country.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why isn't India playing Pak in UAE? It's so dumb

  39. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,846
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    There is no explanation really. If we can't play in Pakistan because of security why are we saying no to UAE? UAE is safe. We have even hosted our pyjama league there.
    This confuses me the most, to be honest^


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  40. #40
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,846
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only country to discriminate another test playing nation totally is India. No other countries just isolate a whole nation based on petty allegations. The players and sport have nothing to do with Politics. This makes ranking just fake I think. All top 7 nations have played each other excpet Pak and india. And Pak is ready to play.

    ICC should ask India to conform to fair policies or leave ICC so fair unbiased tour planning can take place for rest of us


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    San Francisco /CA
    Runs
    2,023
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares. Just ignore them why are you so desperate about playing them.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Why isn't India playing Pak in UAE? It's so dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    This confuses me the most, to be honest^

    Because the Govt of India doesnt allow BCCI to play bilateral series with Pakistan.

    Just like Aus and Eng dont play bilateral series with Zimbabwe.

    Just like pakistan boycotted the moscow olympics and the 1990 Asia cup in India.

    Any Indian here knows the reason and has been discussed to death.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Did IOC ask countries to leave for boycitting Moscow and Los Angeles olympics?

    These are sovereign matters of a nation state.No one can interfere.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    13,548
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It is legal, along with pathetic, sad, hypocritical, etc....

    Inb4 @cricketjoshila copy and pastes his usual defence (BCCI doesn't care what you think and you can't do anything about it)

  45. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,846
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Because the Govt of India doesnt allow BCCI to play bilateral series with Pakistan.

    Just like Aus and Eng dont play bilateral series with Zimbabwe.

    Just like pakistan boycotted the moscow olympics and the 1990 Asia cup in India.

    Any Indian here knows the reason and has been discussed to death.
    Could you please share the reason with me ( if it is related to the game as MIG bhai said no politics here in this thread).


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,846
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imy View Post
    Who cares. Just ignore them why are you so desperate about playing them.
    Its not about us being desperate . Its just we cant let this be the norm. This kind of institutional discrimination should never be allowed under any fair system. Its international sports ***, you cant just say " ja main ne nahin khelna"

    Its just against principles and any kind of sportsman spirit.


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    Its not about us being desperate . Its just we cant let this be the norm. This kind of institutional discrimination should never be allowed under any fair system. Its international sports ***, you cant just say " ja main ne nahin khelna"

    Its just against principles and any kind of sportsman spirit.
    bro they don't care, their mindless policies against Pak is backed by the false propaganda they created in the last decade or so. Bcci is in power so no one opposes them, and Pcb is run by weaker personalities so taking a stand against bcci is difficult. They can get away with anything.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Because the Govt of India doesnt allow BCCI to play bilateral series with Pakistan.

    Just like Aus and Eng dont play bilateral series with Zimbabwe.

    Just like pakistan boycotted the moscow olympics and the 1990 Asia cup in India.

    Any Indian here knows the reason and has been discussed to death.
    you forgot the biggest reason that Indians are afraid of losing to Pakistan.
    Just like they got overconfident and got their feelings hurt in Aane Do series.
    Caroron dilon ki dharkan kehti hai k inse mat haarna. agr haar gaye tou depression main chalay jayengain.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,846
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    you forgot the biggest reason that Indians are afraid of losing to Pakistan.
    Just like they got overconfident and got their feelings hurt in Aane Do series.
    Caroron dilon ki dharkan kehti hai k inse mat haarna. agr haar gaye tou depression main chalay jayengain.
    Hahaha What Nostalgia. That series was something else. All 3 games we had the greatest batting line up on their knees in their own backyard, like full super star line up, Sehwag, Kohli, Dhoni, Gambhir
    But I dont think Indian team is actually Scared to face us..to be fair

    But the memories , 29/5...AANE DO


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    Hahaha What Nostalgia. That series was something else. All 3 games we had the greatest batting line up on their knees in their own backyard, like full super star line up, Sehwag, Kohli, Dhoni, Gambhir
    But I dont think Indian team is actually Scared to face us..to be fair

    But the memories , 29/5...AANE DO
    as I stated it's the biggest reason, they're never ever gonna admit it they fear losing to us, instead they will act as the best team in the world.
    Aane Do series was proof that Indians went into the great depression after losing the series to Pak in India. Doctors advised that don't play Pakistan anytime soon, until you have a world calss team, otherwise mass depression will follow. That's why no series.
    Pehle Aane do tha ab Rehne Do hai.
    Last edited by Citizen4; 21st March 2017 at 18:25.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    11,109
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Because ICC is powerless to make two nations play each other. GOI keeps blocking BCCI from allowing the team to play Pakistan due to political reasons. Otherwise BCCI would accept i think because Indo-Pak series is a big money spinner for them.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened to the pakistani claims to drag BCCI in court?

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Why isn't India playing Pak in UAE? It's so dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    Could you please share the reason with me ( if it is related to the game as MIG bhai said no politics here in this thread).
    Ofcourse the reason is political.All such boycotts are for political reasons.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post
    It is legal, along with pathetic, sad, hypocritical, etc....

    Inb4 @cricketjoshila copy and pastes his usual defence (BCCI doesn't care what you think and you can't do anything about it)
    You remember my posts so well.But its not the BCCI its the govt.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abhayjj View Post
    What happened to the pakistani claims to drag BCCI in court?
    I am waiting for it.Want to know how a london court has jurisdiction over the foreign policies of a sovereign nation.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,846
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Ofcourse the reason is political.All such boycotts are for political reasons.
    Ok, would you any link to where that reason was listed ( any other thread ) as you say its well known.

    Also, I know you have nothing to do with it but do you agree with blocking sportsmen from playing based on politics?
    Furthermore, isnt it super petty for a self claimed rising super power to block games and does stopping sport benefit the nation politically or otherwise ?


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    Ok, would you any link to where that reason was listed ( any other thread ) as you say its well known.

    Also, I know you have nothing to do with it but do you agree with blocking sportsmen from playing based on politics?
    Furthermore, isnt it super petty for a self claimed rising super power to block games and does stopping sport benefit the nation politically or otherwise ?
    Boycotting sporting or cultural or other bilateral ties are a form of protest.Its nothing petty its policy.Countries have boycotted Olympics.Aus Eng boycott Zimbabwe.Its just how the world is.

    The reason is simple mumbai pathankot uri.Thats all i would say in this thread.Any explaination please open a thread in TP and tag.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,184
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Ofcourse the reason is political.All such boycotts are for political reasons.
    I completely agree with you but don't you think we should boycott Pakistan in ICC tournaments as well? We look like hypocrites.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I completely agree with you but don't you think we should boycott Pakistan in ICC tournaments as well? We look like hypocrites.
    The BCCI being hypocrits? Noway!

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,851
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Cricket needs to be revamped. It can't function like this in the 21st century. Sometimes I wish cricket had the all inclusive spirit football has.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,220
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    They came for a world cup.Right?
    Well if that is the case then why deny our junior hockey team visas for the junior hockey world Cup?
    And if you make a stance of not playing Pakistan due to whatever reason then do not play them even on neutral venues and in all sports.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    Well if that is the case then why deny our junior hockey team visas for the junior hockey world Cup?
    And if you make a stance of not playing Pakistan due to whatever reason then do not play them even on neutral venues and in all sports.
    1.Read the statement of FIH the governing body of International hockey regarding why Pakistan couldnot participate in the tournament.

    2.India doesnt play pakistan in a bilateral series in any sports.India only plays Pakistan in multilateral events.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    1,093
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morally it's nit right at all if you are gentleman,but legally it's ok. You can't force anyone to play with you.
    Hope bcci and gov't. be gentleman to play with you in neutral ground.


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    13,828
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just bide your time. India - Pakistan is like London buses. You'll go decades without a bilateral but when it rains, it will pour.

    To the point of boredom like in 2006-07.

    Until then, there are the World Cup games to look forward to.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    2,087
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since they have a contract, it is illegal. It's just India being its spiteful self.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Since they have a contract, it is illegal. It's just India being its spiteful self.
    What contract?

  67. #67
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    366
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Since they have a contract, it is illegal. It's just India being its spiteful self.
    I am assuming you are referring to the MOU. The content of which is still a mystery. The unwillingness of the PCB to release the content of the MOU or take any legal action tells me that they do not have a case and it is not legally binding.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    9,526
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Basically whenever the topic of a Indo-Pak bilateral series comes up, BCCI remembers the last time the two teams faced off in a bilateral series...


    ...thats results to the BCCI having the following reaction...


    ...at which point the BCCI go running to this guy.....


    ...thus pulling the 'political' card not to play a series.

    They then get away with it because then BCCI goes to the ICC and does this...


  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    768
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    Basically whenever the topic of a Indo-Pak bilateral series comes up, BCCI remembers the last time the two teams faced off in a bilateral series...


    ...thats results to the BCCI having the following reaction...


    ...at which point the BCCI go running to this guy.....


    ...thus pulling the 'political' card not to play a series.

    They then get away with it because then BCCI goes to the ICC and does this...


    While PCB and other boards shamelessly gather to collect the thrown money.

    Last edited by Pollack; 22nd March 2017 at 10:41.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    9,526
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    While PCB and other boards shamelessly gather to collect the thrown money.

    True - to a certain extent.

    It's more a case of ICC then do this...


    ...and distribute it amongst the boards like this....


    The cricket boards just walk away with the money like this....


    ...all wondering why the BCCI don't just actually go an play Pakistan in a bi-lateral series & face their fate, rather than buying their way out of it because they are too scared to play against Pakistan even in the UAE.

    It's slightly embarrassing that you can't deny the fact that BCCI are too scared to play Pakistan, which is why they come up with silly excuses and hide behind politicians. Instead you start talking about the ICC's financial model - which, by the way, has been discussed to death in numerous other threads - and isn't what this thread is about

  71. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    Basically whenever the topic of a Indo-Pak bilateral series comes up, BCCI remembers the last time the two teams faced off in a bilateral series...


    ...thats results to the BCCI having the following reaction...


    ...at which point the BCCI go running to this guy.....


    ...thus pulling the 'political' card not to play a series.

    They then get away with it because then BCCI goes to the ICC and does this...

    Nice try.

    LOL.Modi wasnt the PM in 2012.2 days after the series finished there were"incidents" near Kashmir border.The then govt received a plastering in media and parliament for allowing the series with Pakistan.No one fears playing Pakistan.India has since played Pakistan in various tournaments.The score line is 4-1.The bilateral sporting ties will remain suspended until the political situation improves.This is the case for all sports.

    There is nothing anyone or any sporting federation can do if the govt of a country decides not to play a country.

    You are free to paint it in anyway,the truth is well known to the world

  72. #72
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB need a bailout package after PSL hence the desperation.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,220
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    1.Read the statement of FIH the governing body of International hockey regarding why Pakistan couldnot participate in the tournament.

    2.India doesnt play pakistan in a bilateral series in any sports.India only plays Pakistan in multilateral events.
    Read the PHF stance on the junior WC issue. Is there any precedent of what FIH is saying.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    Read the PHF stance on the junior WC issue. Is there any precedent of what FIH is saying.
    PHF's stance can be anything.The FIH runs world hockey not PHF.Its FIH's rules not India's.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    9,526
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Nice try.

    LOL.Modi wasnt the PM in 2012.2 days after the series finished there were"incidents" near Kashmir border.The then govt received a plastering in media and parliament for allowing the series with Pakistan.No one fears playing Pakistan.India has since played Pakistan in various tournaments.The score line is 4-1.The bilateral sporting ties will remain suspended until the political situation improves.This is the case for all sports.

    There is nothing anyone or any sporting federation can do if the govt of a country decides not to play a country.

    You are free to paint it in anyway,the truth is well known to the world
    Yes Modi wasn't PM and that is why the series went ahead.

    4-1 and yet still to scared to face us in a bilateral series - instead once again hiding behind the gov. and politicians. Sad to see

  76. #76
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    Yes Modi wasn't PM and that is why the series went ahead.

    4-1 and yet still to scared to face us in a bilateral series - instead once again hiding behind the gov. and politicians. Sad to see
    sporting ties were immediately suspended after incidents in Kashmir 2 days after that series and has remained suspended.It was a decision of the previous govt.

    No one is scared of the 8th ranked ODI and 5th Ranked Test team.

    As i said the world knows why sporting ties have been suspended,you can try to make a joke out of those serious incidents.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    sporting ties were immediately suspended after incidents in Kashmir 2 days after that series and has remained suspended.It was a decision of the previous govt.

    No one is scared of the 8th ranked ODI and 5th Ranked Test team.

    As i said the world knows why sporting ties have been suspended,you can try to make a joke out of those serious incidents.
    Was it not Hindu extremists who stormed the stadium where the PCB head was negotiating a possible series?
    WHy does the Indian government and the BCCI not show defiance to the Hindu extremists and agree to play Pakistan in the UAE? India is after all a defiant and brave nation.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,254
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    Was it not Hindu extremists who stormed the stadium where the PCB head was negotiating a possible series?
    WHy does the Indian government and the BCCI not show defiance to the Hindu extremists and agree to play Pakistan in the UAE? India is after all a defiant and brave nation.
    PCB head was nowhere near the BCCI office when ShivSena was protesting there. Watch Your own Najam Sethi's interview on that.Its on Youtube.They were in another part of Mumbai.The BCCI did write to Govt for permission but didnot receive the clearance.


    The Govt itself have suspended ties,way back in 2008.It was briefly restored in 2012 and then again suspended.Why will the govt go againist its own decision.LOL.

    Read about it sir.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    9,526
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    sporting ties were immediately suspended after incidents in Kashmir 2 days after that series and has remained suspended.It was a decision of the previous govt.

    No one is scared of the 8th ranked ODI and 5th Ranked Test team.

    As i said the world knows why sporting ties have been suspended,you can try to make a joke out of those serious incidents.
    A decision which the current gov & BCCI officials have firmly stood by to the extent that the Anruag Thakur called Pakistan a terrorist state.

    Yea the same 8th ranked ODI team that India lost to at home in a bilateral series

    BCCI and GOI have already made a joke out of the whole incidents - us fans may as well play along.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    3,910
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    A decision which the current gov & BCCI officials have firmly stood by to the extent that the Anruag Thakur called Pakistan a terrorist state.

    Yea the same 8th ranked ODI team that India lost to at home in a bilateral series

    BCCI and GOI have already made a joke out of the whole incidents - us fans may as well play along.
    Pakistan wasn't 8th or 9th ranked then, nor was it a borderline minnow. Things have been different for a while now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •