Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Just because we were misled regarding Iraq in 2003 does not mean that we are being misled this time.

I would like to know what people would consider to be proof that Assad deployed chemical weapons. A UN investigation, perhaps?

It will be vetoed by Russia at the UNSC, just as the last six motions for investigation were vetoed by Russia. What is Russia’s motive for vetoing investigation six times, I wonder?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who according to PPers are the good guys in all of this?

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeed View Post
    Why couldn’t Russia cite U.N. permit earlier as a reason for the delay? Now they are saying the delay is due to security concerns.

Why didn’t Russia wait for the investigation to complete before blaming everyone else? The fact is that Russia has been giving all sort of confusing statements, so its not surprising that they get the blame for causing obstruction.

Ask that to the Syrian Ambassador to U.N.

Because Syrian Regime and Russia are the ones who invited them in the first place, check post#164. The Regime and Russia are not doing some favors by allowing the OPCW to visit the site, its for their own sake. They can allow the OPCW team to investigate and end all the speculation for once and all. So far they have blamed everyone but themselves. If their allegations about The U.S, Britain and White helmets are true they should simply let the OPCW team to complete their investigation and make the western strikes look foolish. Otherwise it wouldn’t be a bad choice to treat them like a boy who cried wolf. Even Turkey, who has been trying it mend its relations with Russia supports the strikes due to Russia’s erratic behavior. Turkey could have easily stayed neutral and say nothing.
    My point is very simple. IF there is need for an investigation (which Syria and Russia called for in the first place) then why did the US and allies bomb Syria. Do you not at least admit there is hypocrisy on the West's part when it comes to all this? Forget what side of the fence you are and what the media is or is not saying, just use logic.

Now, according to your own post, Robert Fisk, a respected journalist has stated there has been no gas attack, so does that not make the bombing of Syria even worse? It becomes a war crime if a country was bombed on false pretences.

Logic is the key to finding every truth.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    The countries that have nothing to do with this, of course. Fiji, Tuvalu and the Gran Canarias.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israel fires on Syria as Russia approves inspections in Douma

Israeli jets attacked an airbase in Syria last night, three days after Britain, the US and France struck the Assad regime’s chemical weapons facilities, according to Syrian TV.

Reports said the Israelis fired missiles at the Shayrat airbase in Homs province, the same base that was targeted by US airstrikes last year.

The Syrians said that all the missiles fired last night were shot down. There was no immediate comment from Israel, but an Israeli military spokesman has since said he was “not aware of such an incident.” The country’s air force has carried out several bombing missions in Syria in recent months.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...site-d6mxvdsfc

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's a war between USA (EU/Israel/"Rebels") vs Russia (Assad/Iran). (Not sure about Trukey's standing this week tho)

Israeli Zionists are having a field day sending Syria (the whole region) back to stone age. They are the real winners IMHO.

Rest is all ** / Post truth / Fake news or whatever BBC/CNN/RT are calling it today. Maybe there was a chemical attack but that's irrelevant at this point.

No one cares about a few dozens Syrian kids dying from suffocation. That's just an elaborate smoke screen.

Syrian people are the real losers in this war IMHO.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PS: China and the Rest of World are out side of the ring and want this to end.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The civilians as is the case in every war. They are the one who lost their family members, homes and everything else one can think of. Some people gloat about Iran and Russia defeating U.S, Britain, “Zionists” and the west. What did any of those countries lose? Nothing except some money. Syrian people have lost the most.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    My point is very simple. IF there is need for an investigation (which Syria and Russia called for in the first place) then why did the US and allies bomb Syria. Do you not at least admit there is hypocrisy on the West's part when it comes to all this? Forget what side of the fence you are and what the media is or is not saying, just use logic.

Now, according to your own post, Robert Fisk, a respected journalist has stated there has been no gas attack, so does that not make the bombing of Syria even worse? It becomes a war crime if a country was bombed on false pretences.

Logic is the key to finding every truth.
    First lets get few things straight. Western countries have already been bombing Syria since 2014. Those airstrikes have killed far more people than the recent strikes. But some people are far more outraged over few useless strikes on the regime. What does this say about them?

Logic is exactly what I am using and it stops me from accepting Russia’s narrative because of its inconsistent positions. On the other hand some people have already made up their mind about the west. I don’t see the hypocrisy, it would be hypocritical if I believed the Regime and Russia. I can see why you see the bombings as hypocritical because you are willing to accept Fisk’s account over an independent investigation. The bombing was already useless because it doesn’t stop the Regime from using chemical weapons again. Only thing I refuse to accept is the claim that the bombing was done to protect the civilians.

Just a couple posts back you were saying why should Russia let the OPCW to investigate and now you’re accepting they invited them? Apparently you didn’t even knew Regime and Russia ’s official position on the investigation or were you intentionally trying to mislead me? The Regime and Russia changes its position like chameleon changes color but yeah we have already figured out through logic that everyone else is at fault except the regime. If you can believe their confusing statements you should be able to believe whatever Britain, France and the U.S says.

There is a reason the tweet talks about Robert Fisk. Author is just emphasizing the fact that look at this guy again, being an apologist for the Regime as a usual. Yes Robert Fisk was respected but due to his role in downplaying Assad’s brutal regime, I no longer trust him. I will trust an independent investigation and everything else long before I believe that Charlatan. No one should trust a willing tool for Russia, same Russia who blamed Britain for staging this act and keeps making up non sense as the time goes on. Only Regime has the means to produce, deploy such weapons. If some people can accept Fisk’s article, they should be able to accept this article too without going into panic. https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena...th-april-2018/

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The question can only be answered by asking do any of the war mongering parties in Syria and surrounding regions have any intention of bringing peace and stability to the country? Will the bombing campaigns lead to such an outcome? I can't see it, seems to me they are primarily fighting over their own share of the spoils.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    The question can only be answered by asking do any of the war mongering parties in Syria and surrounding regions have any intention of bringing peace and stability to the country? Will the bombing campaigns lead to such an outcome? I can't see it, seems to me they are primarily fighting over their own share of the spoils.
    Exactly this but the main problem is, Syria once had a stable government, it no longer does. Mission accomplished for the zionists.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM’s husband’s Capital Group is largest shareholder in BAE, shares soar since Syrian airstrikes

Philip May, husband of the UK prime minister, works for a company that is the largest shareholder in arms manufacturer, BAE Systems, whose share price has soared since the recent airstrikes in Syria.
    The company, Capital Group, is also the second-largest shareholder in Lockheed Martin – a US military arms firm that supplies weapons systems, aircraft and logistical support. Its shares have also rocketed since the missile strikes last week.

The fact has not gone unnoticed by some on Twitter, who agree that BAE Systems has done very well out of the UK-US-France allied airstrikes on Syria, which were sanctioned by Theresa May. It has been reported that the UK’s contribution to military strikes was to fire eight ‘Storm-Shadow’ missiles at an alleged chemical weapons facility, each of which cost £790,000 ($1.13 million) – totaling £6.32 million ($9 million). The missiles were manufactured by BAE Systems.
    https://firenewsfeed.com/news/1440133
    @Robert

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Russia says its witnesses discredit alleged chemical attack in Syria
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43912739

Looks legit, doctors , parents of the children and those present say it was staged. Why is the western world simply denying this? Oh my bad, they have dropped their bombs already.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43912739

Looks legit, doctors , parents of the children and those present say it was staged. Why is the western world simply denying this? Oh my bad, they have dropped their bombs already.
    https://theintercept.com/2018/04/23/...army-facility/

If western countries had used chemical weapons in Douma and presented some victims to prove their innocence, people would be talking about coerced confession and blah blah. It’s about time same standards are applied to the Russian invaders, otherwise whole talk about Palestine, Iraq and elsewhere is just hypocritical nonsense.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeed View Post
    https://theintercept.com/2018/04/23/...army-facility/

If western countries had used chemical weapons in Douma and presented some victims to prove their innocence, people would be talking about coerced confession and blah blah. It’s about time same standards are applied to the Russian invaders, otherwise whole talk about Palestine, Iraq and elsewhere is just hypocritical nonsense.
    It seems no chemical attack took place, it was all fabricated by the 'white helmets' who are 'rebels'(terrorists) wearing hard white hats.

There are other videos and all these people seem healthy and fine. You cant just dismiss this.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep