Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 134 of 134
  1. #81
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,579
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sad to see him go.

    Whoever replaces him will have a massive task on their hands.

    I can't think of another batsman in recent times who stood up as often when the team needed him.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #82
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,713
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a good life post retirement YK. Was a beast in sub continent.


    ...

  3. #83
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    1,511
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did win matches for us singlehandedly in his prime. We won T20 WC under his captainship. One of the better captains we had.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,143
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Wow, great stuff from YK! Woke up to this very good announcement.

    Thank you for every single run you've provided Pakistan with, Younis.

    Respect for hanging your boots and not extending your career further.

    I hope you get century after century and WI. Good luck for the future, champion!


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  5. #85
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,865
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the services and memories. A terrific player of spin bowling and has brilliant character and strength even though his technique isn't pretty he's found a way to score runs.

    Good luck for the future, thanks for the memories.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a beast in Asian conditions.

    He is no way pak best in terms of batsman ship. He is poor against pace and he doesn't have many strokes against pace bowling.

    He is brilliant again spin and can survive again pace in Asian conditions and score heavily against spin but in away conditions he is a sitting duck most of the time mixed with one good innings per series.

    He is not a patch on yousuf the batsman against pace, fluency, attractive ness.

    He is pak version of dravid but inferior just because of his exploits against pace bowling

  7. #87
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,564
    Mentioned
    942 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Tribute to the legend. I wish him great success in future career (may be as a Coach). He is leaving with his head high.
    Younis has completed a level 2 coaching course at the NCA - definitely see a role for him as a batting coach there.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,579
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)













































    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  9. #89
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,064
    Mentioned
    1536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Younis has completed a level 2 coaching course at the NCA - definitely see a role for him as a batting coach there.
    Need to invest couple of years under ECB or CA program as well to complete Level 3 & if possible Level 4 (which has some academic qualification as well). He should start with age level teams, because for young kids, he is a living legend - they'll be inspired by him, his achievements, which should encourage them to the first fundamental - the lifestyle of a pro sportsman. As a player, he had issues for his egos, which might not encourage him to take a junior level role, but Dravid was U19 coach to start with.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,986
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Will leave with his head held high having broken so many records and achieved so much in the game.

    He has been the backbone of the Pakistan batting for many years and played so many of his great innings under pressure and when the team needed it most.

    Yes he had issues with the Board etc over the years, but that is Pakistan cricket for you.

    He will be remembered as an all-time great and legend.



  11. #91
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,932
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Extremely excited about the future of Pakistan test team with the departure of Misbah and YK.
    Now two deserving players can play, purely based on merit and performance.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,598
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am gutted. He and Misbah are the last two sources of inspiration for Pakistani fans. I hope the young guns pick up the mantle quick and give us something to cheer about soon.

    YK will be missed, in my book he is a man of integrity, honor and pride and did us all proud. I salute you, sir, Godspeed in your post playing days.


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  13. #93
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPers,

    Why are you all so worried about Misbah and Younis' retirements?

    With priceless talents like Shehzad, Hafeez, Malik, Wahab, and Amir, Pakistan will flourish and propel into the future!

    Sorry, I just woke-up. Yep, it's all downhill from here.

    BC2.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,986
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Expect a period of a downward spiral in performances and rankings.

    The occasional good individual performance will be marred by mediocrity.

    Selectors will panic with players coming and going into the Test team.



  15. #95
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    27,240
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Why?

    How?

    Added together, in the last five years the two players in Tests outside Asia have only reached a score of 50 just EIGHT times in FORTY FOUR innings.
    yeah I feel YK and Misbah should have both retired from cricket in 2013 after our away cycle..but anyway YK still leaves cricket with much more respect and dignity than Misbah. Undoubtedly the greatest test player we have produced may be after Miandad. All the success we had in the last 6 years in test cricket had huge contributions from Azhar and YK..the rest mostly feasted on easy runs.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,739
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Expect a period of a downward spiral in performances and rankings.

    The occasional good individual performance will be marred by mediocrity.

    Selectors will panic with players coming and going into the Test team.
    @Saj We had to move on one day. They surely couldn't play forever.

    We will find replacements who can serve long.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,986
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    @Saj We had to move on one day. They surely couldn't play forever.

    We will find replacements who can serve long.
    That's easier said than done - example, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. People said, don't worry we will find replacements. Did we? No we did not and still haven't.



  18. #98
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    27,240
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Expect a period of a downward spiral in performances and rankings.

    The occasional good individual performance will be marred by mediocrity.

    Selectors will panic with players coming and going into the Test team.
    I assure you Pakistan will still clean sweap against teams like Aus and Eng on UAE pitches and will still be good enough to beat the likes of WI,SL. Misbah would never be missed if you look at his average outside UAE which is mostly in 20s in England,Aus,SL,SA. He always feasted on easy runs. only YK would be missed as he had this ability to play clutch knocks irrespective of the conditions or teams. It was YK who saved Pakistan from getting whitewashed by Zim in tests.
    Last edited by MRSN; 8th April 2017 at 19:39.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,256
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    YK's exit has left a big hole in the middle order,let's see how youngsters will cope with it.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,932
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Expect a period of a downward spiral in performances and rankings.

    The occasional good individual performance will be marred by mediocrity.

    Selectors will panic with players coming and going into the Test team.
    our current rating points: 97 (100 is a par score)
    our current ranking: 5 (NZL is at 6 with 96 points)

    so, nothing to worry about, all good teams are above us.

    I expect pakistan to perform better (which is not a big ask considering Pakistan lost a test vs WI in UAE, lost all against NZL and AUS, in past, even lost against Zim, WI, SA and SL.)

    YK performs 1 in 6 innings during last three series.
    and Misbah failed miserably in last two series.
    Last edited by Black Zero; 8th April 2017 at 19:54.

  21. #101
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,423
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The best Test batsman produced by Pak. Ever since I grew up watching cricket from the 2011 WC, Younis has always been the one who would score mammoth runs and it's as if I could trust him to score big all the time. I felt that I watched him during his best years as a batsman which was 2011-2017 and he has played so many great innings. I don't think we'll hit a downwards spiral like people say, we can still craft world class batsmen but we will not produce another Younis Khan. I do hope legends like Younis, Misbah and Afridi remain in the PCB and give their services to us as they've done a lot for our cricket. Thank you Younis

  22. #102
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    961
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will be missed sir but not useless misbah

  23. #103
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    598
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    yeah I feel YK and Misbah should have both retired from cricket in 2013 after our away cycle..but anyway YK still leaves cricket with much more respect and dignity than Misbah. Undoubtedly the greatest test player we have produced may be after Miandad. All the success we had in the last 6 years in test cricket had huge contributions from Azhar and YK..the rest mostly feasted on easy runs.
    True, they should have left in 2013 and should have been replaced by Kamran and AKmal JR. Without the politics of Misbah/YK holding them back, the Akmal brothers would have made sure Pakistan won every series including the Ashes.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,895
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His haters will be happy where as those who understand Cricket are devastated. Now without both Younis and Misbah we have a massive gap to fill. It is similar to when we lost Inzi and Yousaf close to each other.Younis Khan is a Pak legend in every way. He deserves much more respect then sloggers like Afridi.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,604
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    People need to think more clearly about stages of Younis' career.

    I rate him as Pakistan's greatest ever Batsman, but only until 2009.

    From that point on - and we now know he was really almost 35 even then - he has been a shadow of a once-great batsman, taking five or six innings per series outside Asia to adapt to the pace and bounce.

    I salute a once-great batsman, of whom only a shadow remains.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,142
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    YK was a great role model when it came to working hard and earning everything he received.

    A pure cricketer with incredible performances in all situations.

    This is something that's not as easy to find nowadays.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,465
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    End of an era. This feels like Undertaker, HHH and Michaels walking off at the end of Wrestlemania 28. @shaz619

    One of the very best test batsmen of all time from Asia. None of the current Asian batsmen have it in them to come anywhere close to Khan in the premier format of the game. His character, bravery, grit and determination are qualities not common among the new breed of players. An absolute champion on the field and a role-model off it. A true Muslim and a true patriot. MashAllah.

    10,000 runs scored at an average of 53, with possibly 35 centuries, in a test career spanning almost two decades is the stuff of legends. Cricket isn't all about numbers but numbers matter a huge deal and Khan's numbers are awe-inspiring. He's won countless matches with the bat for his country, most recent and memorable being his doubles in England and against Australia, or his fantastic 170 in a last day chase against Sri Lanka.

    Well done, Younis Khan, you absolute legend. The entire world salutes one of the all-time greats.

    P.S. He has the most iconic emoji of all time too.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  28. #108
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,420
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    End of an era. This feels like Undertaker, HHH and Michaels walking off at the end of Wrestlemania 28. @shaz619

    One of the very best test batsmen of all time from Asia. None of the current Asian batsmen have it in them to come anywhere close to Khan in the premier format of the game. His character, bravery, grit and determination are qualities not common among the new breed of players. An absolute champion on the field and a role-model off it. A true Muslim and a true patriot. MashAllah.

    10,000 runs scored at an average of 53, with possibly 35 centuries, in a test career spanning almost two decades is the stuff of legends. Cricket isn't all about numbers but numbers matter a huge deal and Khan's numbers are awe-inspiring. He's won countless matches with the bat for his country, most recent and memorable being his doubles in England and against Australia, or his fantastic 170 in a last day chase against Sri Lanka.

    Well done, Younis Khan, you absolute legend. The entire world salutes one of the all-time greats.

    P.S. He has the most iconic emoji of all time too.
    Undertaker, Misbah and Younis Khan all retire in same week. Undertaker retires at wrestlemania with a record of 24-2. Younis Khan and Misbah retire, Pakistan 24-4.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  29. #109
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,465
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Undertaker, Misbah and Younis Khan all retire in same week. Undertaker retires at wrestlemania with a record of 24-2. Younis Khan and Misbah retire, Pakistan 24-4.
    Hopefully, this is just the retirement of The Deadman and The American Badass returns next year to beat John Cena in a final, properly hyped WM match and a speech the next night on Raw.

    What's the 24-4 stand for?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  30. #110
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,420
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Hopefully, this is just the retirement of The Deadman and The American Badass returns next year to beat John Cena in a final, properly hyped WM match and a speech the next night on Raw.

    What's the 24-4 stand for?
    Am expecting the same, he was carrying an injury in that match and hip surgery was delayed so he could work with Reigns. Surely his pride would want him to go out on a little bit of a high, am guessing either John or Styles will be the opponents to give him a bigger send off. Plus it makes sense to retire the phenom character and bring back Big Evil/American-Badass so he can do the out of character duties like hall of fame speech.

    24 runs for the loss of 4 wickets


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  31. #111
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,420
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Undertaker, Misbah and Younis Khan all retire in same week. Undertaker retires at wrestlemania with a record of 24-2. Younis Khan and Misbah retire, Pakistan 24-4.
    23-2*


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    4,693
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Am expecting the same, he was carrying an injury in that match and hip surgery was delayed so he could work with Reigns. Surely his pride would want him to go out on a little bit of a high, am guessing either John or Styles will be the opponents to give him a bigger send off. Plus it makes sense to retire the phenom character and bring back Big Evil/American-Badass so he can do the out of character duties like hall of fame speech.

    24 runs for the loss of 4 wickets
    It's probably not gonna happen since he needs a full hip surgery and also needs knee surgery the tombstone puts a lot of stress on the knees that was one of the reasons for the Last Ride. Also I think it was a good way to go out because now it sets up the career defining match for Reings at Wresltmania against Lesnar next year, which will embark him as a true star for the company. Plus I don't see why Taker would come back next year after losing to reigns.

    On topic really gonna miss YK was a Pakistani great for sure and loved watching him bat in Test. Nothing but respect for this man. Wish him all the best but hope he goes out with a bang.


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,287
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    I assure you Pakistan will still clean sweap against teams like Aus and Eng on UAE pitches and will still be good enough to beat the likes of WI,SL. Misbah would never be missed if you look at his average outside UAE which is mostly in 20s in England,Aus,SL,SA. He always feasted on easy runs. only YK would be missed as he had this ability to play clutch knocks irrespective of the conditions or teams. It was YK who saved Pakistan from getting whitewashed by Zim in tests.
    And I assure you Pakistan will lose Test series in the UAE against SA/Eng/Aus with Misbah not as captain and no Younis to provide support in the middle order. You may take a screenshot and let's revisit this in a couple of years time. People give too much credit to UAE conditions.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    716
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    End of an era. This feels like Undertaker, HHH and Michaels walking off at the end of Wrestlemania 28. @shaz619

    One of the very best test batsmen of all time from Asia. None of the current Asian batsmen have it in them to come anywhere close to Khan in the premier format of the game. His character, bravery, grit and determination are qualities not common among the new breed of players. An absolute champion on the field and a role-model off it. A true Muslim and a true patriot. MashAllah.

    10,000 runs scored at an average of 53, with possibly 35 centuries, in a test career spanning almost two decades is the stuff of legends. Cricket isn't all about numbers but numbers matter a huge deal and Khan's numbers are awe-inspiring. He's won countless matches with the bat for his country, most recent and memorable being his doubles in England and against Australia, or his fantastic 170 in a last day chase against Sri Lanka.

    Well done, Younis Khan, you absolute legend. The entire world salutes one of the all-time greats.

    P.S. He has the most iconic emoji of all time too.
    ?? Pakistani maybe.

    Kohli, Pujara and Rahane are well on their way to the 10,000 runs 50+ average standard for a great batsman. All three are 27-28 which is the age at which batsmen peak. Again not saying they'll get there but as of now they are on the path. They all average more than Ponting, Sanga, Younis, Kallis, Amla etc after similar number of matches and are right now at that age when all those batsmen started hitting their stride.

    Pakistan has Azhar Ali maybe but he's much older.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,310
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    He is a beast in Asian conditions.

    He is no way pak best in terms of batsman ship. He is poor against pace and he doesn't have many strokes against pace bowling.

    He is brilliant again spin and can survive again pace in Asian conditions and score heavily against spin but in away conditions he is a sitting duck most of the time mixed with one good innings per series.

    He is not a patch on yousuf the batsman against pace, fluency, attractive ness.

    He is pak version of dravid but inferior just because of his exploits against pace bowling
    The mistake you are making is judging YK ability against pace by looking at his performance as a 40 year old

    In 2000s he was much more solid against pace. Was always suspect against swing though

  36. #116
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,310
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  25.2 KB
    Painting


    #MPGA

  37. #117
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,466
    Mentioned
    4693 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  25.2 KB
    Painting
    That is some pretty good work, who made this? If I get time in the future, I hope to make a painting of these two as well lol.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    17,356
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    good time to retire ...... Both YK and Misbah have done alot for Pakistan Cricket . Legends


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  39. #119
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Get over it, the time for criticism is over. Now it is time to appreciate and acknowledge for all the runs and hundreds that he has scored for Pakistan and all the great memories and victories he has left us with.
    Spot on! That's exactly how former players should be remembered.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    2,104
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect Younis's decision however I would have liked him to continue playing (+ assume test captaincy) for a year or so after Misbah's retirement.

    The timing also makes him appear a bit selfish as if he only wanted to make sure that he completed 10,000 test runs

    Sarfraz is not yet ready for test captaincy imo. He first needs to cement his place in the test side!

  41. #121
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    2,104
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His batting will be sorely missed in tests

  42. #122
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,564
    Mentioned
    942 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    He is a beast in Asian conditions.

    He is no way pak best in terms of batsman ship. He is poor against pace and he doesn't have many strokes against pace bowling.

    He is brilliant again spin and can survive again pace in Asian conditions and score heavily against spin but in away conditions he is a sitting duck most of the time mixed with one good innings per series.

    He is not a patch on yousuf the batsman against pace, fluency, attractive ness.

    He is pak version of dravid but inferior just because of his exploits against pace bowling
    Younis played in both the Sheffield Shield and the County Championship and did just fine against pace bowling between 2007-09 against good attacks consisting of internationally capped pacers.

    If he hadn't the falling out with Ejaz Butt and went on those tours of Australia and England in 2009 and 2010 he would have performed especially given he still was able to made contributions there despite being past his peak last year.

    He toured Australia in 2004-05 and averaged 43 against McGrath, Gillespie and Kasprowicz. He was one of our best bats on the 2006 tour of England against Harmison at his peak and Hoggard who was a good swing bowler coming off the back of the 2005 Ashes.

    Doesn't sound like a "sitting duck against pace outside Asia" to me. As for Yousuf, pre-2006 he was criticised by Pak fans as an FTB who went missing time and again in pressure situations. 2006 has distorted many peoples' views of his career. Younis has surpassed Yousuf.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    220
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    That's easier said than done - example, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. People said, don't worry we will find replacements. Did we? No we did not and still haven't.
    How do you rate Babar Azam? Destined for big things?

  44. #124
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    1,002
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to really, really miss YK. ATG in test cricket.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    22,268
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Best of luck and congrats to both Misbah and YK on stellar international careers. Have served both Pakistan cricket and cricket in general extremely well. Hats off. Legends!

  46. #126
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I was told by people that when you play in ODIs stay not out so your average increases but I did what is best for Pakistan" - ......

    Childish comments . Still not mature .

    But great test batsman of all time for pakistan and world.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,703
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best of luck & farewell YK

    Name:  YKPoster2.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  25.2 KB

  48. #128
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,420
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    A very emotional day, this is my tribute to Younis Khan in the form of a poem.


    Growing old he endured great misery being around a dying breed
    The isolation was a disease but he smiled his way to eternal beauty
    Bangalore, Karachi, London, Kingdoms of the maestro’s soul, spirit and heart

    His anger was deemed unfair, no love from the people and Bob wasn’t there
    Dancing drama queen they said, but all he longed for was reviving love
    Still, he bled, cried and battled on; with a smile

    Pour some tea and reminisce when he laughed and called it WWF
    Condemnation! But there was a plan, elation; the healing of a millions chi was left
    World T20 Winners, stand by the champions; never forget

    2015, the showcase of the immortals; he would dream big once again! Have patience my sweetest friends.
    But all that would be left was his realm of pain and scornfulness, the only things that are real.

    Where did it all go wrong? A shadow he had become, everything he achieved disappeared.... but not for me. Still, he bled, cried and battled on; with a smile.
    Just to add to me tribute, I would also like to dedicate this song to Younis KING Khan:



    What a smile, the most beautiful in cricket. You will always be a young Troubador to me dammit! #MisYou

    We should change the background PP wallpaper to that of Younis Khan and Misbah ul Haq
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th April 2017 at 18:39.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  49. #129
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,420
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Best of luck & farewell YK

    Name:  YKPoster2.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  25.2 KB
    Excellent work brother! love it!


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  50. #130
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,980
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Retiring an ATG. Well done Younis good innings.

  51. #131
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    7,422
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A sad day for Pakistan cricket.

    Still remember his Test and ODI debut way back in 2000. Remember him batting at no. 6 back in those days - would never have thought he would become the legend he is today. A test batting average of 53+ with 34 Test centuries with atleast one in each of the Test playing countries + the UAE... Stuff of legends

    Thanks for the memories YK!! You were and in fact are one of the best. Your 267 vs India at Bangalore will forever remain my favorite and iconic Test knock by a Pakistani batsman. A true hero and role model for all young and aspiring cricketers. It has been a true pleasure to have watched you bat for the last 17 years - have a great retirement!!!

  52. #132
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,465
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
    ?? Pakistani maybe.

    Kohli, Pujara and Rahane are well on their way to the 10,000 runs 50+ average standard for a great batsman. All three are 27-28 which is the age at which batsmen peak. Again not saying they'll get there but as of now they are on the path. They all average more than Ponting, Sanga, Younis, Kallis, Amla etc after similar number of matches and are right now at that age when all those batsmen started hitting their stride.

    Pakistan has Azhar Ali maybe but he's much older.
    Kohli's game against pace is weak, Pujara is even weaker and Rahane has questions over his head regarding spin. They have a long way to go before any talk of them reaching 10,000 runs at a 50+ average, with balanced records around the world, can be taken seriously.

    It's not even solely about the numbers because Khan is where he is on the back of performances around the world. I don't see Rahane or Pujara getting close to that ATG level. They'll end up as this era's Mahela and Laxman, most likely. Kohli is seriously good but like I said, he has a long way to go starting from the tour of South Africa later this year.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  53. #133
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Kohli's game against pace is weak, Pujara is even weaker and Rahane has questions over his head regarding spin. They have a long way to go before any talk of them reaching 10,000 runs at a 50+ average, with balanced records around the world, can be taken seriously.

    It's not even solely about the numbers because Khan is where he is on the back of performances around the world. I don't see Rahane or Pujara getting close to that ATG level. They'll end up as this era's Mahela and Laxman, most likely. Kohli is seriously good but like I said, he has a long way to go starting from the tour of South Africa later this year.
    At the age of 27-28, what exactly were the achievements of Younis Khan. I know he had a big series in India, other than that anything? Any notable performances outside Asia till say 2005 when he was 27-28? Or do those same standards do not apply when discussing YK?

  54. #134
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    475
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cricketers from Balochistan must be given chance in national team: Younis Khan

    The former captain of Pakistans National Cricket Team Younis Khan has said that sportsmen from Balochistan must be given chance as the province has many talented upcoming cricketers.

    Today our prime minister has a vast sports background and he represented countrys national cricket team in 1992 world cup therefore the central and provincial government should utilize their efforts in fostering sports activities in the country, Younus Khan said while talking to media.

    Khan is on Quettas visit these days to give cricket training to the young players of Balochistan in Bolan Cricket Ground.
    Pakistan arrive in Dubai ahead of Asia Cup

    Sharing his views on Cricket between Pakistan and India Younis Khan said that by playing cricket matches both nations can ease the tensions between them while he was also hopeful that Pakistan will win against India in the upcoming Asia Cup.

    I am optimistic that Pakistan will beat India in Asia Cup as Pakistan will show a positive game with good players, he said. Pakistan and India should play more matches in order to ease tensions between the neighbours.

    Stressing upon Balochistans representation in national sports, including cricket, former captain said that league matches are important for the development of young talent at provincial level.

    League matches are pertinent for keeping alive our cricket on provincial level, many talented players in Pakistans cricket team emerged from leagues which should be continuing in the country, Khan added.

    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1801508...m-younus-khan/


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •