Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baigel View Post
    No-one had a problem when he did this in the T20I v England because he was a young captain and it was the beginning of a new era. A breath of fresh air. Now, everyone seems to be judging every step he takes because he's not performing?? Come on guys, He's won you a Champions Trophy, No.1 T20 team. Lets just take a few steps back and applaud him for his commitment and passion towards this Pakistan team. I guarantee you guys would not have a problem with his "unreasonable behavior" had he scored a couple hundreds, batted up the order or maybe shouted at the seniors in the past few months. And the last comment, would you rather shout at your manager or a junior who works underneath you?
    Exactly, this behavior without performances to back it up does not look good. Kohli also has his antics but he backs it up with runs.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baigel View Post
    No-one had a problem when he did this in the T20I v England because he was a young captain and it was the beginning of a new era. A breath of fresh air. Now, everyone seems to be judging every step he takes because he's not performing?? Come on guys, He's won you a Champions Trophy, No.1 T20 team. Lets just take a few steps back and applaud him for his commitment and passion towards this Pakistan team. I guarantee you guys would not have a problem with his "unreasonable behavior" had he scored a couple hundreds, batted up the order or maybe shouted at the seniors in the past few months. And the last comment, would you rather shout at your manager or a junior who works underneath you?
    You'd be surprised to find out that a certain group of posters hate Sarfraz and justify unwarranted criticism by saying 'Misbah also got treated this way and people hated everything he did'...Misbah also got undue hate but no one made cheap personal comments about how he looks while most of Sarfrazs' haters only have his weight to call him out on...These are the same posters who call Imad 'fat' Wasim as the next captain LOL.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lays into Nawaz, Nawaz gets out, then he himself gets out the next ball.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Listen to what Nawaz had to say about the conversation. Sometimes it helps to set aside your hate.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol I agree Sarfraz can do better but it honestly comes across like you have a shameless agenda.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Listen to what Nawaz had to say about the conversation. Sometimes it helps to set aside your hate.
    Nawaz can say whatever he has to, to remain in the Friends XI. The way Sarfaraz was gesturing suggested otherwise. I have no hate, just calling a spade a spade, even the commentators called it.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nawaz can say whatever he has to, to remain in the Friends XI. The way Sarfaraz was gesturing suggested otherwise. I have no hate, just calling a spade a spade, even the commentators called it.
    bhai you should work for some itelligence then along with the commentators, your ability to perfectly understand people from a such a distance is extrodinary

Sarfraz always talks like that, i though that was the issue? Yet you can understand him perfectly

There is valid critisim, then there is an agenda. With posts like yours i get the impression you are annoyed that Sarfraz and by extention Pakistan has had the sucess they have had thus far

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    You'd be surprised to find out that a certain group of posters hate Sarfraz and justify unwarranted criticism by saying 'Misbah also got treated this way and people hated everything he did'...Misbah also got undue hate but no one made cheap personal comments about how he looks while most of Sarfrazs' haters only have his weight to call him out on...These are the same posters who call Imad 'fat' Wasim as the next captain LOL.
    sooo trueee

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant. Love this guy.

Somebody tell the Sarfraz haters to

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well said.... some people's agendas are too hard to hide

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about agendas but Sarfaraz should be criticized for consistently playing his friends and club mates.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Don't know about agendas but Sarfaraz should be criticized for consistently playing his friends and club mates.
    At the end of the day Sarfraz doesn't pay the players in QG. Nadeem Omar is not a doodh peeta bacha. If the owner is happy with who Sarfraz picks then that's a non issue...Similarly if IU owners and management are okay with Misbah picking his buddies than that's also not an issue. Sarfraz should be called out for picking his friends if he's doing it against the will of the team owner and management. Don't you think that's the logical way to look at it?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is just what he is. Typical street cricketer who wears his emotions on his sleeve. It can be good at times but at times you wish if he would have matured into more nuanced and balanced captain. Overall, still the best choice for captain for Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day Sarfraz doesn't pay the players in QG. Nadeem Omar is not a doodh peeta bacha. If the owner is happy with who Sarfraz picks then that's a non issue...Similarly if IU owners and management are okay with Misbah picking his buddies than that's also not an issue. Sarfraz should be called out for picking his friends if he's doing it against the will of the team owner and management. Don't you think that's the logical way to look at it?
    Yes that is one way to look at it but we as fans of different teams and players can criticize Sarfaraz and Misbah for preferring friendships over merit based selection. There is nothing unfair in doing that.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Criticism of Sarfraz's behaviour, which I think is fair, has brought Pakistan's regional fault lines into fore as well.

Sarfraz may have best of intentions but I must admit that I've never seen a captain so severe on its own team mates, that too youngsters who are already more vulnerable & insecure.

To attach criticism of Sarfraz to the Karachi as whole (which have some legitimate griefs) is not correct.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People have forgetten how most Pak captains act. I am not legtimising the on field behaviour, I would actually prefer if Sarfraz was more like Misbah in this one area, but five years of Misbah and some years of Malik have made people forget most our captains in recent times.

Imran, Javed, Wasim, Younis and Afridi all dished out incredible sprays and tantrums on the field that make Sarfraz's seem tame.

Inzi was also capable of a tantrum

Now again for those that need it to be spelled out, Sarfraz can be and should be better, but he isnt a failure and he doesnt warrant the amount of abuse he gets.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    People have forgetten how most Pak captains act. I am not legtimising the on field behaviour, I would actually prefer if Sarfraz was more like Misbah in this one area, but five years of Misbah and some years of Malik have made people forget most our captains in recent times.

Imran, Javed, Wasim, Younis and Afridi all dished out incredible sprays and tantrums on the field that make Sarfraz's seem tame.

Now again for those that need it to be spelled out, Sarfraz can be and should be better, but he isnt a failure and he doesnt warrant the amount of abuse he gets.
    He's an easy target. Short, weird-speaking, etc. Let's not forget he's from Karachi.

People will have their biases.

But if Sarfraz changed his image a bit, then it would be better. Definitely should get stronger, lose that belly, grow a beard (not Maulana), learn better English. Yes these things might not matter in the field, but he is representing Pakistan so image off the field is important too.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They all threw tantrums. Infact Imran, Javed and Wasim were way more abusive but none of them threw tantrums every third over. Occasional behavior like this is not a bad thing for a captain as it helps him assert control but continuously shouting and berating players is not just unfair to them but also diminishes a captain's authority as players start to ignore him. I understand that Sarfaraz is a passionate player but he needs to control his behavior or he will risk losing the respect of his players.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amvbfm View Post
    They all threw tantrums. In fact Imran, Javed and Wasim were way more abusive but none of them threw tantrums every third over. Occasional behaviour like this is not a bad thing for a captain as it helps him assert control but continuously shouting and berating players is not just unfair to them but also diminishes a captain's authority as players start to ignore him. I understand that Sarfaraz is a passionate player but he needs to control his behaviour or he will risk losing the respect of his players.
    agree with everything you say, especially that he needs to control his emotions.

Just to expand further on others so people get the context: Wasim would reduce players to tears, and unlike Sarfraz, he would take it out on them behind the scenes as well ( as in politically, through the media etc). He was the kind of captain who would tear into someone for dropping a catch of his own bowling, while regurely dropping plenty himself, not to mention all his other "issues."

Even more recently people should just google the abuse that Afridi and Younis would dole out on people.

If Sarfraz used some of that language people here would call for his execution

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with everything you say, especially that he needs to control his emotions.

Just to expand further on others so people get the context: Wasim would reduce players to tears, and unlike Sarfraz, he would take it out on them behind the scenes as well ( as in politically, through the media etc). He was the kind of captain who would tear into someone for dropping a catch of his own bowling, while regurely dropping plenty himself, not to mention all his other "issues."

Even more recently people should just google the abuse that Afridi and Younis would dole out on people.

If Sarfraz used some of that language people here would call for his execution
    Indeed. Sarfaraz is a lot better person than many who have preceded him. I for one do not criticize his behavior because I hate him but because I want him to succeed, although I think he needs to up both his personal game and his captaincy, both of which have taken a dip in recent times.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Sarfaraz is a lot better person than many who have preceded him. I for one do not criticize his behavior because I hate him but because I want him to succeed, although I think he needs to up both his personal game and his captaincy, both of which have taken a dip in recent times.
    yep, my biggest frustration with him is that he doesnt promote himself up the order. Should really be batting at 4 in ODIS and T20s

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is why I have doubts about him captaining Pakistan, he's one of the few that can do it. However, he should be the guy the team look up too and gain confidence from. If you are going to get scolded here, there and everywhere it can be really demoralising for the team.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shokz1408 View Post
    And this is why I have doubts about him captaining Pakistan, he's one of the few that can do it. However, he should be the guy the team look up too and gain confidence from. If you are going to get scolded here, there and everywhere it can be really demoralising for the team.
    Tbh our players are of the type who need the danda

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say whatever you want but Sarfi is the best captain we had since IK

Mention any other Pakistan captain who has won 2 ICC trophies...Sarfi also lead very weak Quetta team to two consecutive finals.His danda is necessary and that is what inspires youngsters to play the way their playing ATM

People forget how bad we were post 1999 under Inzi,Waqar and Misbah

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Tbh our players are of the type who need the danda
    That's also kind of true, they do need to be pushed. And, don't want someone as laid back as Misbah. I think Sarfraz just needs to control his aggression, sometimes its unwarranted and sometimes its too much. That was bad viewing how he behaved with his young player right at the end. Also, not sure why he was having a go at Nawaz when he was doing so well.

Usually, the captains try to get under the skin of the opposing team, it seems Sarfraz is after his own team.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    srh and the likes are frustrated that Sarfraz is the Pakistan captain and isnt being removed anytime soon. They have had it for him since day 1. Reasons vary. For some it is regional and for others it is because he was appointed over their own favorites.

However fact is that he will remain Pakistan captain no matter how much these guys cry. If there will be a major change in management then it will be the disaster, money grabbing Mickey Arthur who wil be sacked not Sarfraz. They know it as well hence the frustration.

He is only Pakistan captain ever afaik to have won 2 ICC events (WC U19 and CT) and he will definitely be captaining us in the WC.

So better digest this

#MPGA

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Guy is a good Captain, but his anger gets better of him often. And, he is too honest for his loose mouth - so admitted that Biriany fascination of his (despite his lack of fitness); I am sure he is not the only one in team, but instead of Biriany, some might blame even water ......

Problem is that he is Captain and WK - every time in front of camera. Lots of players do some nasty antics, gestures in the field, or to the crowd, but hardly get caught in camera. I have absolutely no idea, why being Captain & one of the senior most pro, he would smash the wicket today, when batsman is already out !!!!!!! May be it's his grooming from younger age, which he is unable to get over.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railu Katta View Post
    There should be a rule on PP. Anyone that brings regionalism should be warned and repeat offenders should be given a ban. I hate this whole oh it's because he's from Karachi or he's Punjabi. We all know who the offenders are. @MIG @Saj @Abdullah719 @DeadBall
    Good one.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a rule on PP. Anyone that brings regionalism should be warned and repeat offenders should be given a ban. I hate this whole oh it's because he's from Karachi or he's Punjabi. We all know who the offenders are. @MIG @Saj @Abdullah719 @DeadBall
    Exactly. Just because you criticize the holy Sarfraz it does not automatically mean that you hate Karachi.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's easy to say but some of the people who criticize him have openly made their viewpoints regarding Karachi known in other threads.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    1) Broke the stumps unnecessarily
    2) Poor Timing of Dismissal with the Bat
    3) Yells at Hamza (after the game)
    4) Calls out Ali/Hamza (press conference)

He's getting worse by the day.
    Last edited by kingusama92; 21st March 2018 at 02:21.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all threw tantrums. Infact Imran, Javed and Wasim were way more abusive but none of them threw tantrums every third over. Occasional behavior like this is not a bad thing for a captain as it helps him assert control but continuously shouting and berating players is not just unfair to them but also diminishes a captain's authority as players start to ignore him. I understand that Sarfaraz is a passionate player but he needs to control his behavior or he will risk losing the respect of his players.
    Lol I think you were too young when Wasim was captain. He used to berate his players with swear words on a mis-field of all things. But he was a world-class player so apparently thats okay for some.

Sarfraz is getting unnecessary criticism nowadays because of the amount of cameras on the ground.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 21st March 2018 at 05:48.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hapoy with his behaviour as he is getting results from the team but his own Wicket-keeping reflexes have been poor for sometime now and that's major problem. Both Kamran and Rizwan have been better than him in this PSL in keeping. He has dropped catches and missed stumpings and that's not acceptable.

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Lol I think you were too young when Wasim was captain. He used to berate his players with swear words on a mis-field of all things. But he was a world-class player so apparently thats okay for some.

Sarfraz is getting unnecessary criticism nowadays because of the amount of cameras on the ground.
    Please read what I wrote once again. I never said Wasim or Imran were better than Sarafraz. Their behavior was deplorable at times but you would never see them shouting at players throughout a match. Also, if you do want to compare then also compare Sarfaraz with captains like Misbah and Rashid who did not lose their cool. Try to understand that I am not against Sarfaraz but his behavior is ridiculous at times and undermines his own authority. Imran didn't command respect because he was in his players ears at every single moment but because he used his authority sparingly but effectively. Also you would never see Imran discouraging youngsters by criticizing their performance publicly. Wasim was bad onfield but rarely would you see him micromanage things like Sarfaraz does. Even Javed (never been a better cricketing brain than him in Pakistan) who ALWAYS had something to say didn't act like this.

I have nothing against Sarfaraz. I really like him as a person but he does need to review his behavior and understand that he is leading an international cricket team and not a group of schoolboys. He has to use his authority sparingly but effectively instead of being in his player's ears every second and thereby ensuring that they stop listening to him. And his fans too need to take criticism positively.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wasn't the team in-fighting during Wasim's captaincy?

That's hardly reassuring.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because Wasim got away being a leader doesn't mean Sarfaraz has license to behave obnoxiously. Wasim, Imran were a once in a generation players and had the weight of performance to back up their behavior. Also some of the greats cannot appreciate the difficulties that average talented players go through and they get irritated not knowing why others are not able to do things that they can do so easily.. Sarfaraz is not a once in a generation player, he barely makes it into your team and as mediocre as they come.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect opportunity to step up today.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And he flops again. Becoming abit of a passenger now. i dont think his captaincy is good enough to warrant his dodgy keeping and brainless batting

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good innings by Sarfraz today after the top order failed

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner786 View Post
    And he flops again.
    Yes scored a 50 after top order failed and he flopped.

Phir yar tum log khtay ho k we don't hate him, we are rational. Lol.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he flops again. Becoming abit of a passenger now. i dont think his captaincy is good enough to warrant his dodgy keeping and brainless batting
    Sarcasm? Didn't he score 89 of 40 something balls? Or are you talking about some other match?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah scoring 89 not out is flopping

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to be sarcasm.

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Needed that innings - had been struggling of late and looked short on confidence.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sun rising from the west.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Top class captaincy today. Excellent bowling changes.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hopefully a turning point.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems he played a good innings today. Couldn't watch the match as I had work but I think this is good for him. Yes, it's only Scotland but going forward this will give him confidence

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Needs to bat at 4-5 in ODIs as well. He has almost always done well at that position yet he continues to bat low. T

Hopefully he'll find form with the bat and it will transfer over in tests. For the last few series he has been a tail ender in tests, the team needs him to start contributing regularly with the bat.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has been putting in the hard yards during training and it seems to have come good in yesterday's game alhudullilah.

Due to the rain the Pakistani team had to have a shortened training session on Monday and the team ended up leaving the ground early. However, Sarfraz stayed back with Micky and Grant and had quite a lengthy batting session in the net as soon as the rain stopped, prior to the press conference.

He's obviously aware of the lack of runs he has scored lately and is working hard to regian some form. I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves, however, here's hoping that in the first T20 we have witnessed that start of a new purole patch with the bat for the Pakistani skipper.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    He has been putting in the hard yards during training and it seems to have come good in yesterday's game alhudullilah.

Due to the rain the Pakistani team had to have a shortened training session on Monday and the team ended up leaving the ground early. However, Sarfraz stayed back with Micky and Grant and had quite a lengthy batting session in the net as soon as the rain stopped, prior to the press conference.

He's obviously aware of the lack of runs he has scored lately and is working hard to regian some form. I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves, however, here's hoping that in the first T20 we have witnessed that start of a new purole patch with the bat for the Pakistani skipper.
    Good to hear. Thanks.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like he was back to his usual best today. Not surprised.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A really unfortunate dismissal for him

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sarfaraz Ahmed calling younger players 'Beta'

Hi folks,

First of all, I am a genuine fan of Sarfraz and his captaincy, and I strongly feel the current team is probably the best 11 for Pakistan in English conditions and hope they don't drop or make major changes. The team wasn't suited for Uae.

Now going back to my original subject, why does Sarfraz keeps calling younger players 'Beta'. I just find it highly offensive, unprofessional and annoying. I myself play club cricket in a team with players ranging from 20s to 50s, and no one calls each other beta/son. Sarfraz is himself in 30s, and I don't think it looks good when a 30 year old calls a 20 years old 'Beta'. Is this a norm in Pakistan or Pakistani domestic cricket where senior players call juniors beta. In India, I can imagine calling someone Beta on a field will be close to bullying or to put someone down.

I am surprised no one raised this on this forum. Is this normal?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's bad. It's hard to stay positive just watching it on tv, never mind being on the other side of a verbal beatdown. That doesn't look uplifting for any player, it just makes the players feel like something is always wrong, they can't get a sense of confidence from that. Personally, I'd rather play under a cooler and calmer captain such as shoaib malik, who always stays relaxed, and thus allowing you to feel more relaxed on the field too.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About calling juniors 'beta' it seems to be some sort of trend/tradition in Pakistan, at least from what I have seen in my profession. I had to take a break from my profession for a while due to personal reasons and when I returned I was naturally junior to many of my colleagues who used to be my juniors once. Some started calling me 'beta' when I worked under them even though they used to call me 'bhai jaan' a few years back when I was their senior. Being called 'beta' by people just because they had become senior in job experience, despite being younger in age, did sound strange and annoyed the heck out of me. Eventually I learnt to ignore it. But yes I think Sarfraz does the same and it indeed sounds unprofessional.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocker 88 View Post
    About calling juniors 'beta' it seems to be some sort of trend/tradition in Pakistan, at least from what I have seen in my profession. I had to take a break from my profession for a while due to personal reasons and when I returned I was naturally junior to many of my colleagues who used to be my juniors once. Some started calling me 'beta' when I worked under them even though they used to call me 'bhai jaan' a few years back when I was their senior. Being called 'beta' by people just because they had become senior in job experience, despite being younger in age, did sound strange and annoyed the heck out of me. Eventually I learnt to ignore it. But yes I think Sarfraz does the same and it indeed sounds unprofessional.
    I've never heard him calling the likes of Malik or Hafeez beta, he usually uses it for the likes of Shadab/Nawaz/Hasan/Babar/Faheem/Imam etc.

Besides Malik, Haris, Fakhar, Junaid and Shan, pretty much all the players currently in the team are 5 or more years junior to Sarfaraz.

Non-issue IMO.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    can you blame Sarfaraz for being angry at Wahab Riaz?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    can you blame Sarfaraz for being angry at Wahab Riaz?
    I am thankful he hasnt thrown his helmet at wahab's head. I know i would have.