Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    For those of you that have a problem with Sarfaraz being overly passionate, why shouldn't he be?

Playing at home for the first time and that too as captain.

I don't know about you, but I would rather have a captain that is passionate and plays the game with flair than just a dud standing around waiting for stuff to happen.
    You can always be passionate and still maintain class. For example Kohli he is overly passionate as well yet he tries his best to maintain his class as a leader of Indian team.

What I saw Sarfraz doing to Miller after he got out was very disturbing. I mean they are here to revive our cricket not play for title who is best. Sarfraz just like Ahmed Shehzad is over dramatic.

Also I hate his defition of passion. You cannot be cursing your bowlers each time they get hit for a boundary.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    You can always be passionate and still maintain class. For example Kohli he is overly passionate as well yet he tries his best to maintain his class as a leader of Indian team.

What I saw Sarfraz doing to Miller after he got out was very disturbing. I mean they are here to revive our cricket not play for title who is best. Sarfraz just like Ahmed Shehzad is over dramatic.

Also I hate his defition of passion. You cannot be cursing your bowlers each time they get hit for a boundary.
    You should better start watching snooker (along with Akmal as he isnt coming to cricket soon).

We watch cricket for passion and winning too, otherwise snooker world champion Mohammad Yousuf would have been Pakistanis favorite.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Someone stop Sarfaraz, yes he may win us a few trophies and matches but with him we will lose our tags of underdogs who win hearts and lose matches with class.
    Is Sarfraz himself a superman? he looked clueless when he was himself at the crease. Did he curse at himself for the pathetic innings he played and showed his lack of skills for required T20 batting? Everyone in the team is a human being not robots that won't make any mistake.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are so right.

Also who can forget Kohli's classy celebrations when he got a tailender like Ajmal out.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Look at Sarfraz belly if you want to lead team in this style then at least work hard on your fitness. Forget fitness Sarfraz batting still remains medieval aged for the limited overs cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Sarfraz himself a superman? he looked clueless when he was himself at the crease. Did he curse at himself for the pathetic innings he played and showed his lack of skills for required T20 batting? Everyone in the team is a human being not robots that won't make any mistake.
    Sarfaraz does over the top at times and even he acknowledged that this is something he is working on improving. But your post are way OTT and you seem desperate to see Sarfaraz gone as captain. I am not sure why, don't you like the fact that we actually seem to be winning for a change?

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When did he "curse" at his bowlers?

They are here to revive our cricket, but also play cricket. Nothing wrong with showing a little passion on the field.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at Sarfraz belly if you want to lead team in this style then at least work hard on your fitness. Forget fitness Sarfraz batting still remains medieval aged for the limited overs cricket.
    Wonder how he passes the fitness test when super fit people like Akmal fail? Must be a conspiracy.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are so right.

Also who can forget Kohli's classy celebrations when he got a tailender like Ajmal out.
    I said he tries to. Of course he is not perfect but he has miles better class as a captain than Sarfraz showing off his comedian skills.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    San Francisco, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can visualize you hyperventilating as you were typing this. Of course with a picture of Akmal as your background

Calm down and enjoy the success Sarfraz brings to Pakistan and remember Pakistan first!

Lets bring back M.Sami

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said he tries to. Of course he is not perfect but he has miles better class as a captain than Sarfraz showing off his comedian skills.
    Sarfraz lead a no 8 team to CT victory and a big part was his captaincy reducing teams to 220s totals when 300s were a norm. While Kohli with tournament fav team couldnt. Talk about being better captain. Huh!

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are so right.

One thing you are forgetting Kohli no matter how much he over reacts when he is captaining he is still a god with bat in his hand. He deserve to expect same level of committment from his team mates.

If you look at Sarfraz it is quite opposite. He tries his best to hide himself from being exposed in the middle and if he finally does he needs a lot of luck to score otherwise he looks as good as he looked today. And plus compare their fitnesses. Both are on different planets. That's why I think Sarfraz has to be a god(kohli) with the bat and super athlete to curse at his team matea with this style otherwise he should thank god he has been made captain despite being a mediocre cricketer himself.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All these akmal fans and shameless people hating on Sarfraz who is a champion

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol at Akmal fans

It's doubly hilarious when they take potshots at someone's fitness

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Akmal fans

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing you are forgetting Kohli no matter how much he over reacts when he is captaining he is still a god with bat in his hand. He deserve to expect same level of committment from his team mates.

If you look at Sarfraz it is quite opposite. He tries his best to hide himself from being exposed in the middle and if he finally does he needs a lot of luck to score otherwise he looks as good as he looked today. And plus compare their fitnesses. Both are on different planets. That's why I think Sarfraz has to be a god(kohli) with the bat and super athlete to curse at his team matea with this style otherwise he should thank god he has been made captain despite being a mediocre cricketer himself.
    Oh yah i totally forgot that kohli beat sarfraz in the champions trophy final.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hoped this thread would die after the CT win, but it seems there are too many posters who can't accept how good a captain he is. His behaviour on the field is what motivates the team and ensures the team is focused- some fans will never be happy.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Oh yah i totally forgot that kohli beat sarfraz in the champions trophy final.
    Sarfraz had zero role against in the final. He had a chance to be a hero when we got handed over a massive defeat by India. Do not give credit of Pakistani bowlers to Sarfraz. As a batsman he is inferior to Malik.
    Last edited by MRSN; 12th September 2017 at 19:14.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz had zero role against in the final. He had a chance to be a hero when we got handed over a massive defeat by India. Do not give credit of Pakistani bowlers to Sarfraz. As a batsman he is inferior to Malik.
    Who was responsible for making those bowling changes and placing on point field positions?

Believe it or not, the captain has a huge role in playing how a bowler balls.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is the point his 'behaviour' or his fitness? Make up your mind please.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Is the point his 'behaviour' or his fitness? Make up your mind please.
    the point is that there is no point.

sarfraz took a no hope no 8 ranked team and delivered one of the great cricketing stories of the decade. the ct campaign couldn't have been better scripted if it had been a movie.

he could be eating little children for lunch as far as i care.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone stop Sarfaraz, yes he may win us a few trophies and matches but with him we will lose our tags of underdogs who win hearts and lose matches with class.
    whose hearts did we win?

losers aren't loved, they are pitied.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fail to see why people criticising Sarfraz are being called Akmal fans? Someone connects the dots please.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    San Francisco, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    I fail to see why people criticising Sarfraz are being called Akmal fans? Someone connects the dots please.
    read other posts from these folks and you'll get an idea

Lets bring back M.Sami

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soon Sarfraz will start crediting him for the fitness of the team too....

Take Sarfraz out of the team, there will be no difference in performance.... take Mickey out, they will all become fat slobs with little appetite for hard work and no game plan.
    Last edited by hadi123; 13th September 2017 at 12:50.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His behavious's been brilliant. Never thought we'd get such an energetic and passionate person as or captain. Top stuff!

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Yep agree with you both. The people who support this type of leadership haven't been on the receiving end of it. They think that shouting down at people and making then feel worthless is the way to maintain discipline. It really doesn't work.

So I see this going one of two ways - either Sarfraz calms down and we have a happy team or Sarfraz carries on and in a years' time, we all hear about rebellion in the team. The next 12 months will be interesting.
    worked for Imran Khan , Worked for Wasim bhaii too.

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Soon Sarfraz ******* will start crediting him for the fitness of the team too....

Take Sarfraz out of the team, there will be no difference in performance.... take Mickey out, they will all become fat slobs with little appetite for hard work and no game plan.
    sarfraz has ben brilliant with his tactics on the field

do you think mickey decides for him who to bowl to and what field to set lol?

they work together as a pair. take sarfraz out of the team and you will see how the level drops. same mickey couldn't win a dime when azhar was leading the odi team.

do you honestly think we would have won the ct with azhar as captain? no we would have been eliminated in the group stage.

"To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His behaviour on the field has been one of the key reasons for what we have achieved in LOIs.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You have no idea what you're talking about here brother however I won't blame you for this since many of us have real lives that need to be addressed and keeping up with cricket normally, for a working individual mostly takes a backseat. Due to this very reason I'll let you in on a few details that are relevant and from sources which essentially revolved around the team / PSL and Pakistan cricket in general.

According to some well known cricket analysts and bloggers, after the India loss Sarfraz called in all the bowlers into a team meeting, it was only for the bowlers and he made it clear to everyone that to him, as a captain of the national team it is NOT ACCEPTABLE if his bowlers give a return of 0/50 in 10 overs and be happy with it, he wanted them to give him spells of 2/40 or below or they will not be part of his team ~ period.

He said and I reiterate (apologies if there are any errors in this) "I will not care if you're talented, golden boy or anything for that matter; within the Pakistan cricketing faternity as if you can't get the job done on the field you will not be part of my team, players job is to win games for Pakistan one way or the other" It was simple, pretty easy to understand and it worked perfectly as in all the coming four games the matches were singlehandedly won by the bowlers.

The hard talk that Micky told on pressers was actually this talk that I am stating here and all bowlers including Amir, Junaid, Hassan, Ruman, Shadab, Imad, Hafeez were all present there. We alway epitomize and marvel on how Imran Khan captained the side and trust me if you ever come across players such as Wasim / Waqar / Aqib and others they will say how much of a hard liner he was when it came to onfield results and this is why the Pakistan team was successful in the 80s. Sarfraz is trying to build the same type of a culture from the ground up and he isn't shy of telling his players what needs to be done on the field and I am totally ok with it if this type of captaining actually leads to on field results.

At the end of the day cricket is played to win matches, trophies and other sporting laurels for the country. Misbah and Azhar (although thorough proper gentleman) couldn't do it because the Pakistani culture is not tuned to listening to logic and reason - they are only tuned to danda (sad but a reality of our society).

You are articulating as if this CT was some fluke win which had no input from the stand in captain who by the way, saved our behinds in the QF against SL when defeat was all but written down. You can't fluke your way through two ICC trophies (1 U-19 win and 1 CT) if you are not doing something right.

I am not going to accuse you of regional bias or being an Akmal fan etc etc (I don't know you personally) however logic dictates that Sarfraz must be doing something good that with his appointment all of a sudden we are winning LOI more often than not and these were more or less the same set of players that were playing under a different captain not too long ago.

I urge you to look at facts and coherent logic before making or passing any judgements brother.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th September 2017 at 15:40.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz Ahmed getting angry today

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he doesn't calm down with his emotions a little bit there could potentially be a revolt against his captaincy. The way he is scolding every player after every little mistake looks a bit much.

The look he gave fakhar zaman after he missed a run out when he was aiming at one stump was over the top and it's not good for a team like Pakistan with the number of team revolts we have had.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who was responsible for making those bowling changes and placing on point field positions?

Believe it or not, the captain has a huge role in playing how a bowler balls.
    You are just hitting your head on the wall dont wast your time he is not going to Understand

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Needs to calm down

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    If he doesn't calm down with his emotions a little bit there could potentially be a revolt against his captaincy. The way he is scolding every player after every little mistake looks a bit much.

The look he gave fakhar zaman after he missed a run out when he was aiming at one stump was over the top and it's not good for a team like Pakistan with the number of team revolts we have had.
    I agree. It is very easy to get agitated by his shoutings provided his fitness being below par compared to some of them he is scolding. There was a run out chance where Sarfraz missed with his awkward position to collect the ball and stump. If his emotions and shoutings are not addressed by team mgmt, not good for the team future

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sometimes he is over the top

There should be a balance

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Is he that good with tactics cos his man management skills are awful.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His behaviour might be applicable in tournaments but he really needs to slow down in T20 games like these

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Is he that good with tactics cos his man management skills are awful.
    His tactics are questionable. He tends to overly trigger happy with bowling changes, and often thinks defense first in terms of strategic approach.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Made a mistake by not completing Nawaz's quota. Sohail's last over went for 20.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Sarfraz Ahmed getting angry today
    the only way to get the best out of Pakistani players is to show real emotion / anger

Imran Khan proved it, Inzamam did it (to a much lesser extent), and now Sarfraz is showing it

alternate is have a very calm and mellow captain and be ranked the no. 8 team

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    the only way to get the best out of Pakistani players is to show real emotion / anger

Imran Khan proved it, Inzamam did it (to a much lesser extent), and now Sarfraz is showing it

I agree with this.

This is not to be confused with "abusing me"

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behavior and captaincy is fine. Of course there might be few things which someone won't like.

Its his batting position which is a worry. Malik coming at 4 and scoring 10 off 10 balls and then accelerating is not good. Sarfraz can rotate the strike better than Malik while Malik is a better hitter. These 2 should swap the positions.
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 13th September 2017 at 18:45.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post

Inzi was always cool and calm. Even the great IK was not such a dictator during game like Sarf.
    Sarfraz is nowhere near those names you mentioned. First he should earn that status as a player. He himself is a mediocre player at the moment with belly of Nawaz Sharif and has himself got a lot of things to prove as a batsman.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is the worst player in the team both skills wise and fitness wise but acts like he is a cricketing god

"To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Behavior and captaincy is fine. Of course there might be few things which someone won't like.

Its his batting position which is a worry. Malik coming at 4 and scoring 10 off 10 balls and then accelerating is not good. Sarfraz can rotate the strike better than Malik while Malik is a better hitter. These 2 should swap the positions.
    How many accumulators a t20 batting line up these days can afford? We already have Baber at 3. We can't have two accumulators at the crease at the same time hence Malik comes in at 4. But you gotta decide future of such a mediocre T20 batsman who got gifted with captaincy without proving anything in this format.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with this.

This is not to be confused with "abusing me"
    How would you take when your owner shouts and yells at you for something going wrong even though you did not intend it to be wrong?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz does need to calm down a bit, was OTT today. Being tough is fine but he needs to respect the players a bit as well.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How would you take when your owner shouts and yells at you for something going wrong even though you did not intend it to be wrong?
    'Owner'?

And yes people are yelled at by their bosses all the time.

Anyway, coming back to the topic at hand, I felt he was going a bit over the top today. But he praises and applauds in equal measure when someone does well.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT will give him captaincy some credibility, but are the players going to keep putting up with the aggression of an emotionally out of control captain? Can't think of a single good captain, or even current captain who doesn't act like he does on the field.

He's middling at best as a batsman, and that shows more in LTD overs cricket.

Frankly, he's beginning to be an embarrassment as a spectacle.

I'd rather he would shut up, think about the match and work on his batting.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems more like anger management issues than "passion". Not sure what I think of it though; maybe it is the kind of thing Pakistani players need to get the best out of them. Also, if you took away his captaincy, I reckon he would continue doing exactly the same thing on the basis of being a "senior" player.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    he is the worst player in the team both skills wise and fitness wise but acts like he is a cricketing god
    What on earth are you talking about? Your posts are so contradictory.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These PP experts are right. Next time someone misfields, drops a catch, misses a run-out opportunity and/or gives away easy runs Sarfaraz should reward them with halwa poori and applaud them for turning up.

This is professional sport, not playground cricket. When opponents face Pakistan they should see them as a force to be reckoned with. Sarfaraz's captaincy adds this ruthless edge to the team, which is needed succeed at the highest level on a regular basis.

Would people rather he twiddled his thumbs out on the field?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz really looks like a joker when he's shouting at the players as if he has never dropped any catch or missed a stumping which is not true at all.He even dropped handful of catches in CT as well

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    These PP experts are right. Next time someone misfields, drops a catch, misses a run-out opportunity and/or gives away easy runs Sarfaraz should reward them with halwa poori and applaud them for turning up.

This is professional sport, not playground cricket. When opponents face Pakistan they should see them as a force to be reckoned with. Sarfaraz's captaincy adds this ruthless edge to the team, which is needed succeed at the highest level on a regular basis.

Would people rather he twiddled his thumbs out on the field?
    They probably want him to smile, be the happy go lucky guy to all his mates, do a lot of Shabash Shabash, run to the bowler passionately, Speak Punjabi (always helpful) and come out and claim how Akmals are the God's gift to humanity.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    They probably want him to smile, be the happy go lucky guy to all his mates, do a lot of Shabash Shabash, run to the bowler passionately, Speak Punjabi (always helpful) and come out and claim how Akmals are the God's gift to humanity.
    Yes, exactly. They would prefer if the team were pitied losers rather than mighty world champions. Thankfully, it is not up to them.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthanded View Post
    CT will give him captaincy some credibility, but are the players going to keep putting up with the aggression of an emotionally out of control captain? Can't think of a single good captain, or even current captain who doesn't act like he does on the field.

He's middling at best as a batsman, and that shows more in LTD overs cricket.

Frankly, he's beginning to be an embarrassment as a spectacle.

I'd rather he would shut up, think about the match and work on his batting.
    Some credibility? He is already a legend, he brought silverware to the country after 8 years, and some would say Pakistan's most significant cricketing victory yet

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? Your posts are so contradictory.
    sarfraz is a weak t20 player and his fitness is always border line

if he continues to shout and get angry at superior players who are also fitter than him game after game and ball after ball there will be consequences

the players cannot take this attitude forever it is not humanly possible

sarfraz is a wonderful captain and it will be a shame if the players revolt against him one day but unfortunately that may happen if he continues like this

it is good to be aggressive but i feel that he is over compensating for the cowardly attitude of misbah and azhar

but he needs to tone it down a bit and find the right balance like someone like kohli who gets angry at his players as well but it is not constant and he is often seen smiling and having friendly chats with them

sarfraz should calm down a bit and not act like he is some military commander leading the troops on battlefield

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He gets angry way too much for a player whose job is only to captain not worry about his own fitness and performance.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He gets angry way too much for a player whose job is only to captain not worry about his own fitness and performance.
    don't remember the last time he performed

in the sl match he had two catches dropped and was outclassed by a tailender with the bat

he himself needs to reach the standards he expects of his teammates otherwise they won't respect him

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His job is to be a good puppet for Mickey.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    His job is to be a good puppet for Mickey.
    yes thats why Pakistan team was getting beaten black and blue under Mickey before Safaraz was appointed captain

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    which century do you live in

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz really needs to learn to control his emotions.

Your the captain of an international cricket team - if you start cracking and losing your mind under pressure and after every little mistake, what hope do you have for your players to stay calm under pressure?

The way Sarfraz cracks also shows the opponents how much pressure is on him and the Pakistani team, which certainly gives the opponents the physiological edge.

Scolding players on the pitch as if there are kinder garden students wont do any good. Scold them in the dressing room and during training - but when you are on the cricket field against another team, the captain has to keep his emotions in check and not let the occasion get the better of him.

This isn't galli cricket in the streets of Karachi where the 'captain' can just start screaming, shouting and throwing a tantrum when things don't go his way.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    'Owner'?

And yes people are yelled at by their bosses all the time.

Anyway, coming back to the topic at hand, I felt he was going a bit over the top today. But he praises and applauds in equal measure when someone does well.
    I meant boss.

Look everything these days gets telecasted. There are so many cameras looking for the camera moments. When fans and families of players see them being yelled and stared at like that it does not give a good feeling. Sarfraz is desperately trying to be the hero on the cameras and he want to give impression he is the boss. He gives a feeling like he owns players which is disgusting. what do you think goes through minds of players when they go back home and hear complaints about their mediocre captain shouting at them? A revolt. Definitely.

The only thing that could back this awful approach towards captaincy is his own performance and we know where he stands.

I bet when this hack got out for a duck again last night the team mates must be yelling at him in the dressing room.

You have to be humble and respect players to be respected.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't remember the last time he performed

in the sl match he had two catches dropped and was outclassed by a tailender with the bat

he himself needs to reach the standards he expects of his teammates otherwise they won't respect him
    Yes you're absolutely right, the tailenders scored all the runs during that partnership and he used to beg the tail ender to take a run on the last ball so that he wouldnt have to face the bowler.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People think that he captains like Imran Khan but actually in all honesty he looks like Mashrafe Mortaza who is also known for scolding young players like Taskin Ahmed

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Sarfraz have any authority off the field? It's a serious question.

His onfield antics could be as a result of having no power off the field..... It was Mickey and Malik who gave the jolt to the boys at ICC trophy off the field.

Can someone tell Sarfraz that it's not "my boys" but "the boys".......

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Sarfraz have any authority off the field? It's a serious question.

His onfield antics could be as a result of having no power off the field..... It was Mickey and Malik who gave the jolt to the boys at ICC trophy off the field.

Can someone tell Sarfraz that it's not "my boys" but "the boys".......
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...22#post9425922

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    sarfraz is a weak t20 player and his fitness is always border line

if he continues to shout and get angry at superior players who are also fitter than him game after game and ball after ball there will be consequences

the players cannot take this attitude forever it is not humanly possible

sarfraz is a wonderful captain and it will be a shame if the players revolt against him one day but unfortunately that may happen if he continues like this

it is good to be aggressive but i feel that he is over compensating for the cowardly attitude of misbah and azhar

but he needs to tone it down a bit and find the right balance like someone like kohli who gets angry at his players as well but it is not constant and he is often seen smiling and having friendly chats with them

sarfraz should calm down a bit and not act like he is some military commander leading the troops on battlefield
    Here you come with Virat "Choker" Kohli again.

Sarfraz is twice the captain that Kohli will ever be in LOIs.

Some posters deserve to see Misbah or Azhar as our captain.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the match and when ever a six or four is hit he yells and cusses every time. He looks very impatient and appears to be under pressure which will have negative effects on the bowlers and fielders.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now he appeals for run out even though Miller did not change his direction. Rightly schooled by Miller after that.

From angry celebrations to that. So embarrassing.
    Last edited by MRSN; 15th September 2017 at 18:17.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now he appeals for run out even though Miller did not change his direction. Rightly schooled by Miller after that.

From angry celebrations to that. So embarrassing.
    Oh stop making a mountain out of a molehill

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His captaincy's been awesome today.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh stop making a mountain out of a molehill
    Look at the context of the series and look at his antics. Even Afridi would not have pull off such antics.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the context of the series and look at his antics. Even Afridi would not have pull off such antics.
    Cut him some slack, He's impulsive... he withdrew it immediately so no harm done.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 16th September 2017 at 02:08.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They respect him. He shows them love when they do well, a very good captain. Military Commandersesque is proper Pakistani style...

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This lad is doing a fine job, whats wrong with a bit of emotion? Took a team who were down and under and even won you guys the CT recently. I mean, yea he shows a bit of emotion, but does get the job done with his captaincy. As long as the players respects him, why does it matter.

Look at Virat, he leads his team with passion aswell. Takes $h^t from no one, even the opposition team but leads and pours his heart out for his team. That's what a captain should be like.

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ??? The same guy who tried to bite the ball?
    Last edited by hadi123; 16th September 2017 at 18:09.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of Sarfraz haters are Indians ( who are still upset how their legend captain couldn't deliver in the final and the whole world appreciated Sarfraz) and die heart Akmal, Misbah, Hafeez and Afridi fans. Hard to figure out why this is the case.

4 series and 4 won after the shambolic performance in World t20 2016. But haters still trying to find minute things to bash him. i think they don't like Pak winning series after series as their favorites couldn't achieve that.
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 15th September 2017 at 22:14.