Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Sarfraz is a passenger and his captaincy is nothing special. He just got lucky in the CT that Hasan and Fakhar were in top form which allowed us to win.

Regards
    Like I said above, the worst part is the players have been very supportive of Sarfaraz's captaincy, yet the media is more interested in creating friction, and when that happens the media will be the first to complain about infighting.

Our own worst enemies sometimes, I swear.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Like I said above, the worst part is the players have been very supportive of Sarfaraz's captaincy, yet the media is more interested in creating friction, and when that happens the media will be the first to complain about infighting.

Our own worst enemies sometimes, I swear.
    Yeah bro. What I don’t get is why people are complaining when his style of captaincy is clearly working.

If we win - there’s a problem
    If we lose - there’s a problem

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    It's not the truth though.

Maybe you should spend a little more time focussing on results rather than trying to unsettle the team.

The players have been very supportive of Sarfaraz's captaincy, yet the media is more interested in creating friction, and when that happens the media will be the first to complain about infighting.

It's a viscous circle, which has to be broken.
    Or is it his diehard fans who are willfully covering up bad behavior?

The guy broke an ICC regulation with the stumps nonsense and people are hellbent on brushing it aside. Imagine if he does it in a big tournament and gets suspended. You're left without a skipper in a knockout game. It's important to criticize poor behavior before it spirals out of control.

That's the "vicious cycle" that has to be broken.

Sarfraz is a top captain but a flaw is a flaw. This is his.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Or is it his diehard fans who are willfully covering up bad behavior?

The guy broke an ICC regulation with the stumps nonsense and people are hellbent on brushing it aside. Imagine if he does it in a big tournament and gets suspended. You're left without a skipper in a knockout game. It's important to criticize poor behavior before it spirals out of control.

That's the "vicious cycle" that has to be broken.

Sarfraz is a top captain but a flaw is a flaw. This is his.
    Or is it that you guys are making mountain out of a molehill.

You said to me once that Sarfraz's behaviour will lead his teammates to go against him to which I asked you to tell me a single incident when that has happened as Sarfraz is captaining Pakistan A, domestic and junior teams for a long time? I referred you interviews of Shadab, Fakhar etc too. Plus now Hasan Ali said in his recent interview to PP that he doesnt mind Sarfraz's aggression rather it gives him motivation. Imad Wasim when asked similar question said he doesnt mind it and Sarfraz is the best thing ever to happen to Pakistan cricket. Are they all lying?

If players never have any problem then why do you guys have? Maybe making too much out of a small thing.

P.s: All the Sarfraz fans I know agree that sometimes he go a bit OTT but that is negligible considering the bigger scheme of things and if players are fine then we should be fine too. No?
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 18th December 2017 at 23:41.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Or is it that you guys are making mountain out of a molehill.

You said to me once that Sarfraz's behaviour will lead his teammates to go against him to which I asked you to tell me a single incident when that has happened as Sarfraz is captaining Pakistan A, domestic and junior teams for a long time? I referred you interviews of Shadab, Fakhar etc too. Plus now Hasan Ali said in his recent interview to PP that he doesnt mind Sarfraz's aggression rather it gives him motivation. Imad Wasim when asked similar question said he doesnt mind it and Sarfraz is the best thing ever to happen to Pakistan cricket. Are they all lying?

If players never have any problem then why do you guys have? Maybe making too much out of a small thing.

P.s: All the Sarfraz fans I know agree that sometimes he go a bit OTT but that is negligible considering the bigger scheme of things and if players are fine then we should be fine too. No?
    Most of these guys don't have enough cache to raise their voice right now.

Waqar, Miandad, and others were okay with anything in the beginning of their careers. Once they had sway, they started voicing their opinions and groups developed. Oath gate was the same.

And while I agree lots of things can be overanalyzed, Sarfraz himself has stated he goes into the dressing room to apologize for his behavior during or after games. He knows it's a flaw.

As a fan, I'd wish I'm completely wrong and he has a stress-free reign at the top but this doesn't bode well I'm afraid and a losing streak is going to light the fire.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    It's not the truth though.

Maybe you should spend a little more time focussing on results rather than trying to unsettle the team.

The players have been very supportive of Sarfaraz's captaincy, yet the media is more interested in creating friction, and when that happens the media will be the first to complain about infighting.

It's a viscous circle, which has to be broken.
    If you think players will come out in the open and say that Sarfaraz's behaviour is not professional and is actually annoying, then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Growling Sarfaraz Ahmed

Was seeing the first ODI between New Zealand and Pakistan.

In the 47th over Sarfaraz was shouting at Rumaan Raees who just kept the run down to a single and sent in a very good throw.

The commentators were almost laughing at Sarfaraz and saying "In a 50 overs match under Sarfaraz, you are almost certain to be growled at at some point of the match".

Why does he shout at players for no obvious reasons ??

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to calm down, its getting OTT now.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now Hasan Ali gets Nicholls out and Sarfaraz doesn't even let him enjoy the wicket. He is going on and on about something without even letting him reply 😂

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's just reminiscing about that CT win. Must feel good for Sarfaraz.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ipl_fan View Post
    Was seeing the first ODI between New Zealand and Pakistan.

In the 47th over Sarfaraz was shouting at Rumaan Raees who just kept the run down to a single and sent in a very good throw.

The commentators were almost laughing at Sarfaraz and saying "In a 50 overs match under Sarfaraz, you are almost certain to be growled at at some point of the match".

Why does he shout at players for no obvious reasons ??
    It's amazing to see the group of people who have never liked sarfaraz continue to find reasons to criticise him.

Did you pay attention when you watched this particular incident? Sarfaraz was shouting at the guy because he said something like, I told you to come on closer from the boundary. While many captains would have been happy they only got a single, Sarfaraz had intended for the fielder to be in more and did not want to concede even the run.

True he might be over the top in his telling off the players on the field sometimes, but hey the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that it's working. The results are good and the commentators also stated how improved the pakistan fielding is under sarfaraz.

But like I said, no matter what he does, there are people (obvious who they are) who will never be happy.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    It's amazing to see the group of people who have never liked sarfaraz continue to find reasons to criticise him.

Did you pay attention when you watched this particular incident? Sarfaraz was shouting at the guy because he said something like, I told you to come on closer from the boundary. While many captains would have been happy they only got a single, Sarfaraz had intended for the fielder to be in more and did not want to concede even the run.

True he might be over the top in his telling off the players on the field sometimes, but hey the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that it's working. The results are good and the commentators also stated how improved the pakistan fielding is under sarfaraz.

But like I said, no matter what he does, there are people (obvious who they are) who will never be happy.
    LMAO

You seriously are saying that the player who is outside the circle in the slog overs can deny a single ??

If this is not blind support, I don't what is.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ipl_fan View Post
    LMAO

You seriously are saying that the player who is outside the circle in the slog overs can deny a single ??

If this is not blind support, I don't what is.
    It's not blind support, it's stating what Sarfaraz was shouting about.

Regardless of whether the single would have been saved, they almost scored two runs. I'd sarfaraz had asked him to be somewhere and he's not there, justified to shout at him no?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So childish behaviour .he shouting on every player like school kids.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not blind support, it's stating what Sarfaraz was shouting about.

Regardless of whether the single would have been saved, they almost scored two runs. I'd sarfaraz had asked him to be somewhere and he's not there, justified to shout at him no?
    fgs they didn't even try to turn back for a second run.
    Last edited by hadi123; 6th January 2018 at 02:03.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can see why he was constantly shouting, New Zealand's running was just too good. Stealing 1s and 2s most of the time, Paks throws in weren't the greatest, and a few times thrown at the wrong end, not only that, when running towards the ball they weren't really attacking it and throwing it in quick enough.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarfraz is a fat tubby and consequently slow and missing chances..... maybe he should start scolding himself in the middle.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    why he isn't allow Ali to open the the bowling?

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So who shouts at sarfy when he drops catches and fails to make any runs?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz what will you do if one of the junior would not take your abuse anymore and shout back at you? That will happen eventually and will create a scene.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I don't mind aggression and let's be honest Pakistani cricketers need a stick on their behind at times, but this is getting too much.

There were times during the 1st ODI against New Zealand where he was shouting at players for the sake of it. In fact he was that worked up and agitated that the next ball he dropped Williamson.

He needs to calm down a bit, improve his levels of concentration and stop doing this nonsense for the cameras.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    So who shouts at sarfy when he drops catches and fails to make any runs?
    The looks on some of his team mates faces said it all.

It's annoying them, that is clear to see.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Instead of shouting at others, he needs to improve his batting and keeping.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This has the potential to wreck the fabric of the team.

Considering that this is the team with a history of media wars, vitriol and in-fighting, that may be really easy and quick too.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  8FBF7D34-9E44-47DD-8700-392B6AF4D26D.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  18.0 KBName:  80C9F9CE-97B6-4CEA-93DA-AE32ED662221.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  35.9 KBName:  245E27D2-A943-40E3-A5CB-E80A0CABAA9C.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  30.7 KB

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Imran was one of the greatest players of all time and raised the bar with his performance and fitness. He had the stature to be a dictator.

Unfortunately, Sarfraz is a mediocre player who is not setting any standards with his batting, keeping and fitness.

I don’t think he will have anything to say if a young player stands up to him one day tells him to look in the mirror.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 8th January 2018 at 11:32.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I've stated this before.

Imran Khan is a bad example because people completely disregard the in-fighting. Where do you think Wasim and Waqar learned to create groups?

Miandad openly stated he wanted nothing to do with Imran for years. Not to mention, it was Imran's cousin (Majid Khan) who caused Miandad to lose his captaincy.

The only reason Imran managed to hold his own had to do with three reasons:

1) He was an ATG all-rounder with no chance of getting dropped (consistent match-winning performances)
    2) He had major say in who got picked
    3) Miandad and others decided to avoid future in-fighting

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz needs a danda himself and the only one to give it to him is Mickey. I think Mickey should be extra tough with Sarfraz..that's the only way he'll be groomed.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jitna rona dhona is thread mein chal raha hai, lagta hai Sarfraz ne tum logon ko danda de diya hai.

The guys respond well to Sarfraz leading the side. Why do we have to whine for every minute detail.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you think I am sure Mickey nay sunayi to hoongi sarfi ko

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    I've stated this before.

Imran Khan is a bad example because people completely disregard the in-fighting. Where do you think Wasim and Waqar learned to create groups?

Miandad openly stated he wanted nothing to do with Imran for years. Not to mention, it was Imran's cousin (Majid Khan) who caused Miandad to lose his captaincy.

The only reason Imran managed to hold his own had to do with three reasons:

1) He was an ATG all-rounder with no chance of getting dropped (consistent match-winning performances)
    2) He had major say in who got picked
    3) Miandad and others decided to avoid future in-fighting
    If Sarfraz can match 10% your 1st point, he'll be far more stronger Captain. Your post is not appropriate for this thread, because we are talking about Sarfraz's attitude, not comaparing it with anyone.

Above all Khan had personality. You don't expect him yelling at his players and make himself shallow. Sarfraz has lot of say in who gets picked like Imran - difference is, Imran dropped his cousin for a kid (Salim Malik, I believe) because Mazid Khan didn't deserve a spot, what Sarfraz is doing with his limited capacity is remarkable - if he was given Khan's status PAK team would have Asad, Anwar, Nawaz & few others in all 3 formats.

Miandad himself was one of the biggest trouble maker - he had to restrain himself, because of Khan's persona and fairness. Had he tried something, I am sure it would have back fired. I can give you one example - Imran was Captain till his injury, 2 years later he came back as player, unlike royalty, he didn't demand Captaincy - he played 6 months under Javed (allowed him to complete his tenure, PCB then also appointed Captains with an end date), then became Captain.

One thing you are right - Imran shouldn't be compered with Sarfraz. Once a kid (Izaj, I believe) got Imran run out and it was not Imran's fault. So, the kid started to hide during break and Imran noticed that (you can't even imagine under his usual closed self, how minutely he observed every little piece around his game, team, players), and call the kid - "don't even think of what happened there, play own game and make sure that it doesn't affect you."

Personality & reputations are built through years, not from one tournament win.
    Last edited by MMHS; 8th January 2018 at 16:23.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If Sarfraz can match 10% your 1st point, he'll be far more stronger Captain. Your post is not appropriate for this thread, because we are talking about Sarfraz's attitude, not comaparing it with anyone.

Above all Khan had personality. You don't expect him yelling at his players and make himself shallow. Sarfraz has lot of say in who gets picked like Imran - difference is, Imran dropped his cousin for a kid (Salim Malik, I believe) because Mazid Khan didn't deserve a spot, what Sarfraz is doing with his limited capacity is remarkable - if he was given Khan's status PAK team would have Asad, Anwar, Nawaz & few others in all 3 formats.

Miandad himself was one of the biggest trouble maker - he had to restrain himself, because of Khan's persona and fairness. Had he tried something, I am sure it would have back fired. I can give you one example - Imran was Captain till his injury, 2 years later he came back as player, unlike royalty, he didn't demand Captaincy - he played 6 months under Javed (allowed him to complete his tenure, PCB then also appointed Captains with an end date), then became Captain.

One thing you are right - Imran shouldn't be compered with Sarfraz. Once a kid (Izaj, I believe) got Imran run out and it was not Imran's fault. So, the kid started to hide during break and Imran noticed that (you can't even imagine under his usual closed self, how minutely he observed every little piece around his game, team, players), and call the kid - "don't even think of what happened there, play own game and make sure that it doesn't affect you."

waaw.......thats great reply.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post of the week . These Sarfraz fans have some nerve comparing him with our greatest ever captain.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    who will yell at his embarrassing knock today? and his appalling fitness that he was struggling to complete second run?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been an avid supporter of him but doesn't matter how good your captaincy is that type of batting performance and fitness is just not acceptable.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are his fan boys still going to defend him?

Came out, looked like a player not willing to bat; nervous as hell. Poor running between the wickets; and did you see how he gave his wicket away? shocking.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    who will yell at his embarrassing knock today? and his appalling fitness that he was struggling to complete second run?

Best captain since IK we were told by his fan boys

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I have no issues with his behavior

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Forget his behaviour for a minute, he needs to play better as a batsman and keeper. He has become a walking wicket. What has he done with the bat of late?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I have no issues with his behavior
    Today I watched a video on Youtube of Sarfraz yelling at Anwar Ali , and it was awful to see immature attitude shown by him, he needs to sort it out.

No way this is acceptable

Last edited by shah_1; 11th January 2018 at 10:48.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Best captain since IK we were told by his fan boys
    Well then who is?

Controversial Wasim?Waqar?Defensive Misbah?Defensive Inzi?

The fact remains that Sarfaraz is the best captain since IK

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarfaraz has won 2 ICC trophies not just one and he is the one who galvanized the team by inducing Shadab,Fakhar othervise we would still be stuck with Shehzad.

Sarfaraz has built his reputation by captaining 10 years in cricket and has won all cups in our domestic

We do not need rubbish from your side.

First discover a captain in BD who is 20% of what Sarfaraz is then type.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    Well then who is?

Only after 8 months?

Even Younis Khan won T20 World Cup, doesn't make him great . He has done nothing in test cricket and lost 2-0 against a very poor Sri Lanka team in UAE.

Best captain since Imran Khan

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't really know what the fuss is about Sarfraz's captaincy to this day. If he misbehaved with the umpires or the opposition, then that would be a problem, but he clearly doesn't. He yells at his players and pushes them for their own betterment and the betterment of the team. This style of captiancy has largely worked in our favour over the past year.
    Yelling at his teammates is a form of keeping them in check and it's for their own betterment. If the players perform better, then the whole team does as well. Hasan Ali and Imad have themselves said that its not a big deal and its for the betterment of the team.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well then who is?

Wasim is a better captain . And Inzi did well as captain. He took us to number 2 in the ODI rankings

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Today I watched a video on Youtube of Sarfraz yelling at Anwar Ali , and it was awful to see immature attitude shown by him, he needs to sort it out.

No way this is acceptable

in his own words.."Kya faida itni practice karne ka, jab na batting hoti hai na keeping"..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim is a better captain . And Inzi did well as captain. He took us to number 2 in the ODI rankings
    Not really Wasim had a way more settled team than what Sarfraz got and he always vanished as a captain in crucial KO games
    Inzi was never a good captain and his record speaks volumes.Factually you are incorrect we only got till number 4 under Inzi and that too after playing majority of our matches in Pakistan post 2003 to 2007.
    A defensive captain who I can never forgive for the 5-1 defeat against India in Pakistan in 2006.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Only after 8 months?

Even Younis Khan won T20 World Cup, doesn't make him great . He has done nothing in test cricket and lost 2-0 against a very poor Sri Lanka team in UAE.

Best captain since Imran Khan
    Not 8 months but 12 years

Sarfaraz has won almost all trophies he caotained under from U19 WC to FBT20 to CT
    Apart from PSL he has won almost all major domestic tournaments as captain

We are talking about ODIs

Younis was not a good ODI captain.You can check his stats if you want to.

Who was the last Pakistan captain to have won 2 ICC trophies?

Care to name one.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not really Wasim had a way more settled team than what Sarfraz got and he always vanished as a captain in crucial KO games
    Inzi was never a good captain and his record speaks volumes.Factually you are incorrect we only got till number 4 under Inzi and that too after playing majority of our matches in Pakistan post 2003 to 2007.
    A defensive captain who I can never forgive for the 5-1 defeat against India in Pakistan in 2006.

Most great captains have a good team Also Inzi and Wasim performed in there primary roles especially Inzi look at his record whilst he was captain. Whilst Sarfraz doesn't even make the team as captain or batsman on merit.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz has won 2 ICC trophies not just one and he is the one who galvanized the team by inducing Shadab,Fakhar othervise we would still be stuck with Shehzad.

Sarfaraz has built his reputation by captaining 10 years in cricket and has won all cups in our domestic

We do not need rubbish from your side.

First discover a captain in BD who is 20% of what Sarfaraz is then type.
    Sarfraz didn't win the trophy himself....and last i remember sarfi didn't do anything to get fakhar and shadab in the team. They came through PSL exposure and fyi sarfi played Shehzad in his PSL team and he still plays Shehzad in matches. Look at the SL ODI and CT first match...

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not 8 months but 12 years

Sarfaraz has won almost all trophies he caotained under from U19 WC to FBT20 to CT
    Apart from PSL he has won almost all major domestic tournaments as captain

We are talking about ODIs

Younis was not a good ODI captain.You can check his stats if you want to.

Who was the last Pakistan captain to have won 2 ICC trophies?

Care to name one.
    all of these things have one thing common i.e his non existent leadership qualities with the bat.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all of these things have one thing common i.e his non existent leadership qualities with the bat.
    Kid do you know who is Mike Brearley?

Care to comment about England's most successful captain and his average?
    As a captain
    Captaincy>>>>>>>>Batting Average

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a captain

Sarfraz captaincy isn't even close to Brearley though. Stop turning Sarfraz into something which he isn't.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is still better than Umar Akmal though

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most great captains have a good team Also Inzi and Wasim performed in there primary roles especially Inzi look at his record whilst he was captain. Whilst Sarfraz doesn't even make the team as captain or batsman on merit.
    Yes and most 'great'captains like Wasim and Inzi destroyed a whole generation of cricketers..completely wasted the talented bunch that came after the 92 wc.

Atleast Sarfaraz does not chicken out of important matches.
    Can you please name me one Pakistan captain apart from Sarfaraz that has won 2 ICC Trophies..just one and I will leave PP

Not really...most great captains MAKE their team

Ganguly,Imran all did it.Sarfaraz is on the process of doing it and blaming him is absolutely ridiculous and immature.

Change is a slow process..initially Ganguly also gave chances to players like Kambli,Jadeja but slowly got them replaced.Changes cannot be made over night.It requires time,patience and maturity(from fans like you)

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz captaincy isn't even close to Brearley though. Stop turning Sarfraz into something which he isn't.
    Stop blaming him for something he is not fully responsible for

Deal?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a captain
    This is not 70s brother where low 200s scores would be the normal thing. These days a batting side MUST have the capability to set or chase a 300+ totals. And considering Pakistan's batting problem for last few years we can't carry such a liability player as a captain. Sarfraz has been the most mediocre player ever to lead our side. I have never seen a Pakistan skipper not showing any fight whatsoever with his own performance. Misbah used to average in the 40s and yet he was criticized on this forum because he wasn't playing match winning knocks and here we have Sarfraz who keeps hiding behind the likes of Hafeez and Malik and when his turn finally comes he just comes and goes. Did Mike Brearley also dropped catches and missed run out,stumping chances regularly like Sarfraz does? And did he also behave with his players like Sarfraz?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't care about Sarfraz captaincy. All I want him is to prove that he deserves to be in the side on merit. I would rather have Mickey Arthur captain our side if it meant we will have a player who will contribute more with the bat than single digits score and is fit enough to grab regular catches.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stop blaming him for something he is not fully responsible for

Deal?

So if he doesn't perform with bat and glove, I should say he is doing a good job?

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in his own words.."Kya faida itni practice karne ka, jab na batting hoti hai na keeping"..
    What if he realized that and doesnt even practise anymore?

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's nothing wrong with Sarfraz's captaincy, he's doing a wonderful job but the problem is the structure of the batting lineup, it's a complete mess. Sarfraz needs to improve his fitness and bat no lower than number 5. He cannot hit big. I also wonder what happened to him sweeping every ball for 4 runs like he used to do.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Sarfraz's captaincy, he's doing a wonderful job but the problem is the structure of the batting lineup, it's a complete mess. Sarfraz needs to improve his fitness and bat no lower than number 5. He cannot hit big. I also wonder what happened to him sweeping every ball for 4 runs like he used to do.
    In my view, needs to bat at 4 and work hard to be a vital batsman for the team. He has the personality to do it.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if he doesn't perform with bat and glove, I should say he is doing a good job?
    This is about captaincy not batting.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not 70s brother where low 200s scores would be the normal thing. These days a batting side MUST have the capability to set or chase a 300+ totals. And considering Pakistan's batting problem for last few years we can't carry such a liability player as a captain. Sarfraz has been the most mediocre player ever to lead our side. I have never seen a Pakistan skipper not showing any fight whatsoever with his own performance. Misbah used to average in the 40s and yet he was criticized on this forum because he wasn't playing match winning knocks and here we have Sarfraz who keeps hiding behind the likes of Hafeez and Malik and when his turn finally comes he just comes and goes. Did Mike Brearley also dropped catches and missed run out,stumping chances regularly like Sarfraz does? And did he also behave with his players like Sarfraz?
    Sums up your Cricket IQ comparing an ultra defensive captain like Misbah to Sarfaraz.

If batting was everything then can you tell me why sachin was not better captain than Dhoni or Ganguly?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is about captaincy not batting.
    Doesn't answer my question.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfi fans are very indian-esque in the sense that they will defend their player to the death and come up with random tidbits about other players. This is team Pakistan and not team sarfi.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't answer my question.
    This thread is about captaincy

If you cannot read then it's not my fault and yes not every keeper averages 35 plus while batting at 7

Sarfaraz averages 50 plus in the top 5 batting positions and has better keeping skills than Kakmal

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    What if he realized that and doesnt even practise anymore?
    Except if you had watched the match, you would know that didn't happen. Anwar Ali bowled a double wicket the next over and a played a superb batting cameo. He even managed to effectively win the match on his own the next game in the t10 tournament. Anwar Ali and Sarfraz are old friends and if you notice, Sarfraz always picks him in his team. He knows how to get these guys motivated.
    Last edited by OmarKhan99; 13th January 2018 at 18:57.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    Except if you had watched the match, you would know that didn't happen. Anwar Ali bowled a double wicket the next over and a played a superb batting cameo. He even managed to effectively win the match on his own the next game in the t10 tournament. Anwar Ali and Sarfraz are old friends and if you notice, Sarfraz always picks him in his team. He knows how to get these guys motivated.
    Now I understand why MoHa failed with bat yesterday - after dropping a sitter, there was total silence.
    He needed a royal yelling from Sarfraz to get motivated

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I understand why MoHa failed with bat yesterday - after dropping a sitter, there was total silence.
    He needed a royal yelling from Sarfraz to get motivated
    Well, Sarfraz doesn't yell at seniors as much. But yes, that may be it. We can debate on and on about his methods, but in the end, he does get the job done.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Well, Sarfraz doesn't yell at seniors as much. But yes, that may be it. We can debate on and on about his methods, but in the end, he does get the job done.
    Yelling is his 2nd nature, may be from his grooming at his club cricket - not yelling at seniors is his fear, doesn't want to risk any senior complaining against him.

Won't work much longer, because in few months time those "beta", will start to feel insulted, once they are more settled in the team.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is here to stay - he has to sort out how to boot out ‘seniors’ like Azhar, Hafeez and Malik.

Lower order is fine. He has to promote himself to number 4 and fix the top order. And this team will compete against any.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yelling is his 2nd nature, may be from his grooming at his club cricket - not yelling at seniors is his fear, doesn't want to risk any senior complaining against him.

Won't work much longer, because in few months time those "beta", will start to feel insulted, once they are more settled in the team.
    Again.... you said it yourself, Sarfraz has been doing this for years. What makes you think it will backfire now? And about the seniors, I don't believe Sarfraz does that because of fear, but rather because he likes to be respectful. It's the prevalent culture in Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Again.... you said it yourself, Sarfraz has been doing this for years. What makes you think it will backfire now? And about the seniors, I don't believe Sarfraz does that because of fear, but rather because he likes to be respectful. It's the prevalent culture in Pakistan.
    I said it myself - he is been doing is for years at his clubs; been doing for less than a year as PAK Captain. At his club, he is a superstar, a PAK International/Captain ... a Royalty, among average cricketers with whom he probably has grown up (and had been outstanding among them, otherwise some of them would have captained PAK, at least played regularly).

For PAK, he is just another Captain/player who was born earlier to represent PAK earlier - there could be few in that squad, 10 years time should end up much better cricketer for PAK, might lead team as well. Why, should they accept someone yelling at them, when they are trying their best and the guy yelling is among the least contributor? This is professional ego - it might be overlooked in a 5-0, it won't be in a 0-5.

Being respectful/selective on the basis of age is the worst attitude for a leader. And, he has his double standard there as well - I wrote that in match thread - for most part, he keeps MoHa, Azhar at close to him - Azhar at slip , MoHa at point or squire leg .... & I can tell you that both sucks as fielder in those spots ...... and he keeps Malik at least 50 metres away from him....................

Sarfraz is sinking fast - both as a player & captain; you might not like it or agree it, but I am seeing it, because I see with white glasses - in good spirit & without negligence.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said it myself - he is been doing is for years at his clubs; been doing for less than a year as PAK Captain. At his club, he is a superstar, a PAK International/Captain ... a Royalty, among average cricketers with whom he probably has grown up (and had been outstanding among them, otherwise some of them would have captained PAK, at least played regularly).

For PAK, he is just another Captain/player who was born earlier to represent PAK earlier - there could be few in that squad, 10 years time should end up much better cricketer for PAK, might lead team as well. Why, should they accept someone yelling at them, when they are trying their best and the guy yelling is among the least contributor? This is professional ego - it might be overlooked in a 5-0, it won't be in a 0-5.

Being respectful/selective on the basis of age is the worst attitude for a leader. And, he has his double standard there as well - I wrote that in match thread - for most part, he keeps MoHa, Azhar at close to him - Azhar at slip , MoHa at point or squire leg .... & I can tell you that both sucks as fielder in those spots ...... and he keeps Malik at least 50 metres away from him....................

Sarfraz is sinking fast - both as a player & captain; you might not like it or agree it, but I am seeing it, because I see with white glasses - in good spirit & without negligence.
    Well, I do believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there are just too many ifs and buts in your argument. Granted we don't live in a ideal world and that some players might let their egosistical nature get the better of them, but that is no justification to critisize Sarfraz. We can't just hypotehsise a situation and then critisize someone.

There are two points to my arguement:

1. Sarfraz must produce results. With the performance compared to our yester years, Sarfraz has produced the goods for team. Whether we turn a blind eye to same team's miserable performance under Azhar and undermine Sarfraz's impact or we just don't like him, the results and passion in the team are for all to see.

2. Sarfraz needs to curtail his anger. He himself admits it. When the youngsters themselves know that their captain just wants to just reel them up and kick them in the shin when they are being lathargic, then why are we being so sensitive.

I don't think he deserves a lecture from us on how to run a team, when he's been doing so effectively for years. You may be right that he might be sinking, but I don't think so, because I've witnessed this quite some many times.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Well, I do believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there are just too many ifs and buts in your argument. Granted we don't live in a ideal world and that some players might let their egosistical nature get the better of them, but that is no justification to critisize Sarfraz. We can't just hypotehsise a situation and then critisize someone.

There are two points to my arguement:

1. Sarfraz must produce results. With the performance compared to our yester years, Sarfraz has produced the goods for team. Whether we turn a blind eye to same team's miserable performance under Azhar and undermine Sarfraz's impact or we just don't like him, the results and passion in the team are for all to see.

2. Sarfraz needs to curtail his anger. He himself admits it. When the youngsters themselves know that their captain just wants to just reel them up and kick them in the shin when they are being lathargic, then why are we being so sensitive.

I don't think he deserves a lecture from us on how to run a team, when he's been doing so effectively for years. You may be right that he might be sinking, but I don't think so, because I've witnessed this quite some many times.
    Good for him then, and good for PAK team as well - long may it continue then.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a bizarre shot by Sarfaraz to get out. Poor Poor shot. What a waste of a wicket!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What happened between Hasan Ali and Sarfraz Ahmed

I didn't watch the match, was going through some face book video of the last t20.

What happened in that video was Hasan got hit for Four, and Sarfraz comes up shouting at Hasan which he usually does. Hasan ignores him.
    Next ball, Hasan ali bowleds the batsmen, takes his wicekt, doesn't celebrate with Sarfraz. Both eyeball each other from the pitches end and hasan turns back to celebrate with his team mates but not the captain.

I could be wrong, but i think Sarfraz's way of dealing with players is ruining the whole teams spirit.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~