Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everything is required in moderation.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the captain having an aggressive strategy and being active on the field - in fact, it is something which is desperately needed by the Pakistani team at the moment, specially in limited over cricket.

However, at the same time this does not mean that Sarfaraz can run around like an angry father scolding his son, wagging his finger in the air and telling the junior bowlers and fielders what to do every single delivery, whilst just smiling at senior players.

He's still new to this role and In-Shaa-Allah Sarfaraz will get the balance right with time, however, if he doesn't he will seriously struggle to control the team, earn the players respect and will end up looking like a complete tool.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    We've seen player revolts for lesser things so watch out Sarfraz

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is not hyperactivity, it is that because of being too emotional he loses control. If he can't control himself how will he control his troops. That kind of a person can work in T20s but in ODIs it seems only if things are going in his direction. But who knows, let's hope for the best.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being agressive captain is different then being too much agressive like a agrressive school teacher can harm the harmony in the team in the long run. What i saw yesterday from sarfaraz was little bit harsh looking on players, players like malik, hafeeez can easily make plot out of this oversentiment of sarfaraz, he needs to calm down.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said it the first time he became captain against England in that T20 game. I like his enthusiasm towards the game but unfortunately he does not know the line between being enthusiastic and being dictatorial. He veers into the realm of being dictatorial far too often. He's always baby sitting his bowlers which to me should be a complete no-no. Anybody who has read leadership books will tell you that you cannot and should not berate your subordinates in public. It has a negative effect in the long run. Sarfraz does that regularly on the field in full view of the public.

You have to allow the bowlers some leeway into how they want to bowl. Sometimes its necessary for the bowler to put a finger into the fire to realize how much it burns. That's how they will learn. Plus Sarfraz needs to calm the hell down. Great captains can be aggressive or defensive it doesn't matter, but what all great captains have in common is that they are super calm on the field when the going gets tough. Sarfraz is the complete anti of that. He needs to learn the art of remaining calm. A bowler bowls a wide ball, and Sarfraz can be seen with his hands on hip as if the bowler has committed murder. Dude, relax.

The last thing we want in this team is scared players. Scared players will give you more misfields and more bad deliveries on the field.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    He is laying down the gaunlet. It's fine but I would like to see him do the same to certain seniors.
    yes no partiality..hafeez didnt come for the catch standing at long off, sarfraz didnt yell/shout at him...

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    He has done similar captaincy in domestics. It is well known in domestics here that Sarfraz keeps in check even the egos like Ahmed Shehzad.
    that is not seen in TV... this u see in TV... that is domestic and this is international.. oppositions pounce on an unsettled team very quickly when the chips are down and make them more nervous..

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Agree with wasim and waqar part. I have seen wasim scolding young saqlain quite a few times.
    Yes u can do that but not going overboard... he is going overboard is what the problem is ...wasim even said he is willing to give advice to the new captain sarfraz in a tv interview after the 1st ODI loss..

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on topic im fine with sarfaraz doing this as long as he is cool with everybody as soon as they are out of the ground

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Exactly.

Hafeez didn't go for a catch that he should have. Sarfraz stood there and just smiled.

Other such examples are there also.
    exactly that is what not going to be good in the long run ... which is not very far.. MICKEY should point that out and share his experience...

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

Amir informed Sarf that his shoulder is hurting, at that point one ball was left in the over and Sarf said "aek aur karde" meaning bowl the last bowl and go off.
    it wasnt like the match needs him to bowl that last ball with 8 wickets down....

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    still new i think will learn ....
    Nope, I doubt he will learn. I still remember his captaincy when he was the u19 captain, he behaves just like that today as well.
    Here he is a bit careful against senior players like Malik and Hafeez but to the rest his behaviour is not good. He needs to calm down and instead focus on his wicketkeeping and fitness, he is getting heavier and heavier.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Behaving like a chimp on steroids is not a sign of being an aggressive captain. It's a sign of someone who has no control.

Aggressive captain is someone who can think on their feet and take a gamble with positive tactics be it bat, ball or with field placements.

A great captain will do all the above and if need be use negative tactics to get the job done.

I think Sarfraz is fast reaching the end of his usefulness in the team, if your keeping is at par with kakmal and your not producing with the bat.... what is his worth in the team?... the team foghorn?
    Agreed, and there is no disagreement that he needs to bring his behaviour under control going forward. However I doubt it is as big of an issue as people here are making it. Especially as we see a very limited view on TV.

I had a boxing coach, who during training would scream and push you to the absolute limits but then at the end, would be like a caring father, make sure you never left without your coat and were happy etc. I know it is not the same but it is not far fetched to imagine Sarfaraz being very caring and soft spoken otherwise but consciously marshaling the troops in a forceful way on the field.

Frankly, given past results, any change is welcome at this stage.

In terms of his usefulness to the team, I completely disagree. He is the best rotator of strike in our team and our second best batsman. He just needs to realise he is more suited to number 4 and move back there. I am not going to debate about the keeping point against Akmal who was one of the worst keepers ever to play international cricket. Sarfaraz has been good this series. Not amazing, but a god-send for us given that our only other option is Rizwan....

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    Everything is required in moderation.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the captain having an aggressive strategy and being active on the field - in fact, it is something which is desperately needed by the Pakistani team at the moment, specially in limited over cricket.

However, at the same time this does not mean that Sarfaraz can run around like an angry father scolding his son, wagging his finger in the air and telling the junior bowlers and fielders what to do every single delivery, whilst just smiling at senior players.

He's still new to this role and In-Shaa-Allah Sarfaraz will get the balance right with time, however, if he doesn't he will seriously struggle to control the team, earn the players respect and will end up looking like a complete tool.
    Very well put. Aggressive decision making, body language is one thing and shouting and yelling after every few deliveries another. Sarfraz plays with passion and that's a good thing but with this behavior he makes himself look immature, nervous and it could also erode the team spirit.
    These players, some of them even senior than him will mind it very much.

Why can't we have something normal between Azhar Ali (too much of laid back and defensive mindset) and this screaming/yelling.

Some people here even tried to compare this attitude with Imran Khan which is completely wrong. Imran was strict with his discipline and aggressive in his decision making but you would never see him screaming in this way. I have seen some very successful and wonderful captains over the years like Steve Waugh, Hansie Cronje, Stephen Fleming and Dhoni , all of them had a very calm and collective body language.

Simply put I have not never seen anything like this. So, Sarfraz needs to find a balance here, asap.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a welcome change from the timid and uninspiring leadership of Misbah and Azhar. The players need to be aware that they can't get away if they perform badly. It keeps them on their toes and inspires them to do better. They might feel bad momentarily but will definitely benefit in the long run. We have seen similar approach from Imran & Wasim in the past and it does work wonders. I am just loving it and don't see anything wrong with it. Sarfraz has a huge task of improving our LOI fortunes and need all the support from the fans and the PCB.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    It's a welcome change from the timid and uninspiring leadership of Misbah and Azhar. The players need to be aware that they can't get away if they perform badly. It keeps them on their toes and inspires them to do better. They might feel bad momentarily but will definitely benefit in the long run. We have seen similar approach from Imran & Wasim in the past and it does work wonders. I am just loving it and don't see anything wrong with it. Sarfraz has a huge task of improving our LOI fortunes and need all the support from the fans and the PCB.
    These shallow observations of captaincy that make ppl like sarfaraz conclude that being theatrical counts as aggressive captaincy

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    It's perfectly fine and tbh what the Pakistan team require is a strong leader who will pull them up on the smallest of issues to keep them in check.

We all know from following Pakistan for the past 10-15 years that complacency is real and sets in very quickly amongst our players.

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About time we had a passionate captain, way over due.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    These shallow observations of captaincy that make ppl like sarfaraz conclude that being theatrical counts as aggressive captaincy
    Would appreciate if you could be more clear about the traits of an aggressive captain. Btw I know that you were supporting Azhar Ali as our ODI captain so perhaps I already know what you want. Sarfraz's style is just fine, we can't afford another Misbah or Azhar.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    finally a real street fighter at the helm. I love the fact he is animated and is encouraging. More please. Our players need this kind of cuptaany and I hope we give him more youngsters to captain as they will thrive under this. The oldies well they need to get with it or retire!!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why everyone was quiet when Afridi use to Abuse teammates ? for example Hafeez Afridi incident 2010 T20 WC? I don't see any issue if he does like that.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is animated and not encourging. His days as captain are numbered.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He admonishes his troops whenever one of them messes up but is equally full of praise when they do well. Everytime Shadab would beat the bat he would get a rousing approval from behind the stumps. If that isn't encouragement I don't know what is.

He was at times harsh on the fielders and was making unreasonable requests that even top notch fielders like AB or Jadeja may not even fulfill. Other than that he was completely fine.

He never instructed the bowlers what to bowl and what not to do. The extent of his instructions to Imad and Shadab were "dheela nahi phenkna hai" meaning don't bowl short, which any reasonable captain would request from his spinners. The pacers were free to do whatever they wanted. The maximum amount of dictation he gave to Amir and Hasan on two instances was "slip leh raha hoon" meaning he informed them that he is putting a slip in place.

I feel like people are overcritical of Sarfaraz because they genuinely don't want him to captain. I wonder who do they think can replace him.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    that is not seen in TV... this u see in TV... that is domestic and this is international.. oppositions pounce on an unsettled team very quickly when the chips are down and make them more nervous..
    No people here are overacting.
    Sarfraz never had problems with his teammates. He is respected by his peers and loved by his juniors.
    Players who have played under him have applauded his fighting spirit and he gets the best out of his team.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaasir View Post
    I don't mind it. We have tried the timid behavior of Azhar Ali and that got us absolutely no where. Pakistani players and people only do their job properly when someone has a 'danda' over them at all times.
    and making this sweeping statement is as absurd as Sarfraz's behavior, we live in 2017 in a professional environment, the world has moved on and we need to adapt similarly. These arguments of danda in sports or political environment are in our past for good

Supporting Pakistan Cricket team ALWAYS!!

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    well said, these are two different things. Example: Is Dhoni an aggressive captain?, Is Steve Smith an aggressive captain?. I rest my case

Supporting Pakistan Cricket team ALWAYS!!

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    an animated sarfraz is enough to put in a 2 page thread. For all the cries of change in captaincy I really wonder if people actually wanted a real change

Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what PCB and Pakistan fans signed up for. Deal with it, the guy behaves like a clown behind the stumps but this is the guy we all wanted. Whats wrong now?

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why everyone out here. ..always ready to cry at any situation. ..have patience. ..give sarfaraz some time and space. ..he will definitely come good...and one more thing. ..sarfaraz doing the right thing at the moment....pak team always having a habit of remains too casual on the field and don't bother about giving there 100% on the field..so he kept the boys on their toes. ..and I think no one out here notice that shadab keep on asking sarfaraz which bowl he have to bowl next and sarfaraz simply advice him bowl whatever he like to bowl but keep on thinking before you bowl...

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way too emotional to be our skipper but that just sums up the typical Pakistani trait.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No people here are overacting.
    Sarfraz never had problems with his teammates. He is respected by his peers and loved by his juniors.
    Players who have played under him have applauded his fighting spirit and he gets the best out of his team.
    The thing is people need something to bash something to create an issue. Pakistani mentality is to make an issue out of nothing.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let him do whatever the man wants to. He's the Sir Alex Ferguson of Pakistan in the making.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is backing seniors too much. Like a scripted captain, You've got them two down, Hassan is bowling in beautiful rhythm, Why would you take him out.

This pitch has cracks, They are two down why not bring Shadab from other end and attack? Why so much love for MoHa?

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He calls Shadab 'beta' lols, can't believe Shadab is fine with that, unsless there is some cultural thing I am missing here.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    He calls Shadab 'beta' lols, can't believe Shadab is fine with that, unsless there is some cultural thing I am missing here.
    He even calls Imad Beta.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible stuff from Sarfraz.

Imad is getting bite from this wicket, Why won't you bowl Shadab here early?

Scripted Captaincy.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post

Scripted Captaincy.
    Agreed, not a fan of this.

Hafeez booking his place for the next year by bowling a few dots against batsmen who are clueless against spin.

Shadab is a far better wicket-taking option.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    I call my friends, younger bro and even bigger bro beta at times :p . Not a big deal.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Agreed, not a fan of this.

Hafeez booking his place for the next year by bowling a few dots against batsmen who are clueless against spin.

Shadab is a far better wicket-taking option.
    I have to say, So far he isn't any better than Azhar. Maybe even worse

All difference is that he standing behind stumps and talking alot.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scripted Captaincy.
    Agreed, what is sarfaraz doing! West Indies are all over us... Scoring around 2 runs an over!! One can only imagine why he isn't changing the bowlers!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix363 View Post
    Agreed, what is sarfaraz doing! West Indies are all over us... Scoring around 2 runs an over!! One can only imagine why he isn't changing the bowlers!
    ...And would you look at that. More runs of the first five deliveries than we have seen in the last five overs.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...And would you look at that. More runs of the first five deliveries than we have seen in the last five overs.
    Yeah may be Sarfraz was right. Hafeez was bowling well and there wasnt a need to take him off.
    This pitch is assisting spin so may be a line length bowler like Hafeez was fine

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scripted Captaincy.
    great call. any other pearls of wisdom?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah may be Sarfraz was right. Hafeez was bowling well and there wasnt a need to take him off.
    This pitch is assisting spin so may be a line length bowler like Hafeez was fine
    There is no harm in holding back your wicket taking/strike bowler if Hafeez and Imad are doing such a brilliant job of stifling the runs. It builds up more pressure for when you do eventually bring them on.

However it is far easier to blame Sarfaraz than actually try to read the match situation.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no harm in holding back your wicket taking/strike bowler if Hafeez and Imad are doing such a brilliant job of stifling the runs. It builds up more pressure for when you do eventually bring them on.

However it is far easier to blame Sarfaraz than actually try to read the match situation.
    yeah good points.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Scripted Captaincy.
    10 runs of Shadab's first over. LMAO

Glad you aren't the captain or any where close to taking decisions.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If same thing Azhar Ali or Misbah would have been doing then you would have said them scripted captains, They are doing Injustice to youngsters Hassan And Shadab and so on.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have been on early, Batsman are m set right now.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If same thing Azhar Ali or Misbah would have been doing then you would have said them scripted captains, They are doing Injustice to youngsters Hassan And Shadab and so on.
    I would not have. I agree that it is extremely important to take wickets and you should bring your main bowlers are early. However with Hafeez and Imad not even offering two runs per over, why would you needlessly change?

I expect Misbah and Azhar to also have been smart enough to continue like that and only criticised them if the changed bowlers for no good reason.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do you think Hafeez is a bigger wicket-taking threat than Shadab?

One expensive over doesn't disprove the point.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th April 2017 at 15:51.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You're addressing the die-hard Sarfraz clan here.

Expect no logic. Now they think bowling Shadab is a bad idea, just because he got hit in the initial over. Only to mindlessly defend Sarf.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you think Hafeez is a bigger wicket-taking threat than Shadab?

One expensive over doesn't disprove the point.
    No it doesn't and I repeated made the point in the match thread that bad captaincy to not bowl Shadab yet. However, I can understand why he wasn't bowling since Sarf wanted to build up pressure due to the economical overs being bowled by Hafeez and Imad.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent attacking captaincy to bring back Hasan to try and break this partnership.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No it doesn't and I repeated made the point in the match thread that bad captaincy to not bowl Shadab yet. However, I can understand why he wasn't bowling since Sarf wanted to build up pressure due to the economical overs being bowled by Hafeez and Imad.
    Economical overs is what Azhar used to have part-timers bowl in the middle-overs too, not necessarily a positive strategy.

Set batsmen going into the last few overs will be dangerous.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Economical overs is what Azhar used to have part-timers bowl in the middle-overs too, not necessarily a positive strategy.

Set batsmen going into the last few overs will be dangerous.
    Some people are too thick to understand this unfortunately.

Talking to bowlers after every single boundary hit, This isn't a good attitude to have. It shows how unstable you are, You need to relax, If there is a six or four hit, It's not like the opposition have won the match, They're batting at RR of 3.73, It's a game and in game you'll hurt opposition and they'll hurt you as well.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pakpassion mentioned on commentary. This thread is being discussed

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Excellent attacking captaincy to bring back Hasan to try and break this partnership.
    Should be ashamed for such support.

WI is 140/3 in 35 overs. After 3 quick wickets down.

And you call it excellent attacking captaincy? Where did you learn your cricket basics from?

So far, he has let WI slip away and make a good total in the overs bowled.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

And you call it excellent attacking captaincy? Where did you learn your cricket basics from?

+1 to this. His captaincy is looking like more shouting than thought process.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    +1 to this. His captaincy is looking like more shouting than thought process.
    He was yelling at Shadab again.

Ran towards him and start shaking his head, dunno ranting what.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pakpassion mentioned on commentary. This thread is being discussed
    What was said?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seems like another from the school of Misbah. You just cannot allow opposition to slip away like this. Very defensive captaincy.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Seems like another from the school of Misbah. You just cannot allow opposition to slip away like this. Very defensive captaincy.
    Misbah was tactically far better, a great bowling captain.

Azhar was bad, Sarfraz has been a downgrade so far from Azhar.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    He seems to get agitated a bit too quickly and that may have a negative impact on the players.

Needs to tone it down a bit.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was yelling at Shadab again.

Ran towards him and start shaking his head, dunno ranting what.
    I want Pakistan to do well. I don't care who is captain either Azhar Ali or Sarfraz.

But what is wrong is wrong, Yes Azhar wasn't a perfect captain but he got criticized for alot of stuff. So if Sarfraz is not being appropriate as a captain then he shouldn't be spared off from criticism either.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Could've been another wicket if "explosive and dynamic" Kamran Akmal hadn't dropped a catch.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just his 3rd ODI game as skipper an that too with a phateechar team relax plz

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Could've been another wicket if "explosive and dynamic" Kamran Akmal hadn't dropped a catch.
    That's fine, Kami isn't a good fielder. How come his batting (better than his alternatives) gets discussed when he fumbles something in the field?

He's just like other half the team that can't field, and Sarf who is a mediocre keeper.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    He seems to get agitated a bit too quickly and that may have a negative impact on the players.

Needs to tone it down a bit.
    It's okay to be loosing calm and bit of agitation but should be very occasional.

It shouldn't be there after every single boundary.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    If the team is phateechar then as a captain it is his responsibility to make a better team.

Select best XI.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I want Pakistan to do well. I don't care who is captain either Azhar Ali or Sarfraz.

But what is wrong is wrong, Yes Azhar wasn't a perfect captain but he got criticized for alot of stuff. So if Sarfraz is not being appropriate as a captain then he shouldn't be spared off from criticism either.
    Initially I wanted to give a chance to Azhar, but realized he's not good enough.

But, I also knew changing just captain won't do anything, Pak will still remain an LOI minnow.

Sarfraz has been a revelation, didn't think he'd be THIS bad.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    Far better than Misbah's times.

And, unlike Misbah era, captain and coach now have FULL authority on team selection, under Inzi.

He's selecting and playing them.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initially I wanted to give a chance to Azhar, but realized he's not good enough.

But, I also knew changing just captain won't do anything, Pak will still remain an LOI minnow.

Sarfraz has been a revelation, didn't think he'd be THIS bad.
    Now he is keeping Shadab for last 10 overs. This is ridiculous, He shouldn't be bowling anywhere in last 10 where you have to dart or york the batsman.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there has to a be a reason why Malik has not bowled in the last two games of the series after witnessing an unplayable pitch for half decent slow bowlers and after a very good show from 6 overs in the first game where he was the most economical.

I hope someone asks him the question, and I hope theres a good answer.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    there has to a be a reason why Malik has not bowled in the last two games of the series after witnessing an unplayable pitch for half decent slow bowlers and after a very good show from 6 overs in the first game where he was the most economical.

I hope someone asks him the question, and I hope theres a good answer.
    Most likely scared to shout at him, if he goes for a boundary or so lol

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone needs to get off the armchair captaincy. Let him do exactly what he wants to do. Not tone it down a bit or tone it up a bit. I'd like to see him succeed/fail on his own terms doing his own thing.

Wonder how many here would have thought Imran Khan was too hard on the players etc etc.

Not saying Sarfaraz is the equivalent of Imran Khan, but Imran was what he was because he did things his way and didn't take ******** from anyone or tone it down to massage egos.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BA56 View Post
    Everyone needs to get off the armchair captaincy. Let him do exactly what he wants to do. Not tone it down a bit or tone it up a bit. I'd like to see him succeed/fail on his own terms doing his own thing.

Wonder how many here would have thought Imran Khan was too hard on the players etc etc.

Not saying Sarfaraz is the equivalent of Imran Khan, but Imran was what he was because he did things his way and didn't take ******** from anyone or tone it down to massage egos.
    Right, and Imran Khan ran to the bowler/s every time they got hit for a boundary, shaking his head, screaming/shouting, not keeping calm , and only yelling at juniors and not seniors, right?

Something is so wrong with your post.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
    Right, and Imran Khan ran to the bowler/s every time they got hit for a boundary, shaking his head, screaming/shouting, not keeping calm , and only yelling at juniors and not seniors, right?

Exactly. Someone from mods should forward it to management to tell Sarfraz let loose the young bowlers

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really liked how Pakistani players (Sarfraz, Babar and Imad) boosting Shadab's confidence when he was hit today.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BA56 View Post

LOOOL.

You really have no idea of how captaincy works, or how IMRAN used to captain. Not like a headless chicken, certainly!

Having authority is faaar different from what Sarf is doing.

More here:

Quote Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Hafeez is your senior pro. Why is he Bowling second change? Bowl him at death.
    Defensive captain.