Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    using shadab at the end overs here and he is getting tonked shouldnt dent his confidence... is sarfraz trying to save his friends hafeez and imad at the expense of shadab.. why not use pace from both ends, get hasan the man who took 5-fer last game, bowled well today except a few getting tonked but he is a very good death bowler with more variations...

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    If Hafeez is your senior pro. Why is he Bowling second change? Bowl him at death.
    Defensive captain.
    You are coming across as a cranky child who is throwing his toys out of the pram just because a player they dislike is made captain.

Hafeez is an off-spinner that bowls wicket to wicket and is a good option to curtail the runs in the middle overs why in the world would he bowl an off-spinner at the death.

Improve your cricketing knowledge before blurting out whatever you feel like and strut around as if your opinion even matters.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You are coming across as a cranky child who is throwing his toys out of the pram just because a player they dislike is made captain.

Hafeez is an off-spinner that bowls wicket to wicket and is a good option to curtail the runs in the middle overs why in the world would he bowl an off-spinner at the death.

Improve your cricketing knowledge before blurting out whatever you feel like and strut around as if your opinion even matters.
    Your strike spinner should be bowling from over #12 to #36.

You think it's okay to bowl Shadab against these hacks in last 10?
    Last edited by Hamza_; 11th April 2017 at 18:08.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is proactive captain readjusting his plan as per match situation. I would much rather have a captain like sarfraz who plays with his heart rather than a TTF like azhar ali who plays for his spot, the team can go to hell he has zero influence as a captain you can put a dummy in his place it would make no difference.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Really liked how Pakistani players (Sarfraz, Babar and Imad) boosting Shadab's confidence when he was hit today.
    But listening to PP experts Sarfaraz is deliberately bowling Shadab at the death to dent his confidence.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    needless throw from hafeez and kaptaan keeps quiet...lol... he is a chicken when it comes to seniors like hafeez and malik...become a lion when it comes to youngsters...lmao..

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your strike spinner should be bowling from over #12 to #36
    There is no hard and fast rule in cricket. You would have known that if you had actually played hard ball cricket.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no hard and fast rule in cricket. You would have known that if you had actually played hard ball cricket.
    Oh yes and you're bradman with hard ball cricket naa?

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    needless throw from hafeez and kaptaan keeps quiet...
    the same sarfraz who threw hafeez out of the team for his poor performance.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what is matter with you people you all are evident how much they listened to Azhar when he was captain Pakistani players dot understand "Piyar Ki zaban" and if he is shouting of miss fielding or if some on is not backing up he is right. This is national team not a clucb cricket match.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But listening to PP experts Sarfaraz is deliberately bowling Shadab at the death to dent his confidence.
    The criticism that Sarfi is denting the confidence of youngsters is totally false.
    One thing I am pretty sure about is Sarfraz gives confidence to youngsters.

Yes he is at times a bit hard on them but like little bothers. He has always encouraged youngsters.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shadab is the strike spinner and should have been used to take wickets early.. shadab is not a death bowler to bowl yorkers, and rightly getting tonked for quick runs from the opposition looking to up their run-rate...

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    the same sarfraz who threw hafeez out of the team for his poor performance.
    he has been poor since game 1.... will continue to be poor and not thrown out yet...

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
    Right, and Imran Khan ran to the bowler/s every time they got hit for a boundary, shaking his head, screaming/shouting, not keeping calm , and only yelling at juniors and not seniors, right?

Something is so wrong with your post.
    Way to miss the point. Like I said, Imran did things his way, not everyone agreed with it, but he still did it his way.

Sarfaraz way might not be the Imran Khan way, but you don't know what results it yields until you let him do it his way.

It's funny to listen to Ramos Raja criticize Sarfaraz captaincy, Ramiz was a terrible captain who made some well **** decisions.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed run out chance.... Due to shouting!!!

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was more focused on shouting at the fielder rather than running tha batsman out. Ball was in his gloves,batsman miles away and he was bussy in shouting ignoring his wicketkeeping duty. Stupid.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz needs leadership lessons asap.

Trying to shout your way to alpha status wont work.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamgeer View Post
    He was more focused on shouting at the fielder rather than running tha batsman out. Ball was in his glove,batsman miles away and he was bussy in shouting ignoring his wicketkeeping duty. Stupid.
    This is why WK shouldn't be captain; But Sarfraz is the best option.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BA56 View Post
    Way to miss the point. Like I said, Imran did things his way, not everyone agreed with it, but he still did it his way.

Sarfaraz way might not be the Imran Khan way, but you don't know what results it yields until you let him do it his way.

It's funny to listen to Ramos Raja criticize Sarfaraz captaincy, Ramiz was a terrible captain who made some well **** decisions.
    Everybody becomes a cricketing expert when presented with a mic or a keyboard. These same Ramiz Raja types were awful captains, or these same Waqar Younis types had coaching strategy that focused on running laps.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz fans can't digest rightful criticism on him.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz fans can't digest rightful criticism on him.
    some positive criticism would be Sarfi becomes too involved in captaincy that he doesnt think about keeping or that he should be a bit hard to seniors too or the batting order is poor.

otherwise he is doing fine. he cant think like every 60 posters thinking here.

I think some outrageous and false criticism is coming from Azhar and Misbah fans who see him as their competitor because unfortunately they both werent good odi captains.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has to compose himself! This isn't the first time Sarfraz has been unfocused with the tight run out opportunities. I remember he's done this a couple of time before in previous series (i think the psl maybe)...

#BestOfTest

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give Sarfraz time just as we give Azhar time. I still feel he is far better option, a mad captain is still preferable than a captain that jumps ship and hides, at least the mad captain is there and you can work on him.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Give Sarfraz time just as we give Azhar time. I still feel he is far better option, a mad captain is still preferable than a captain that jumps ship and hides, at least the mad captain is there and you can work on him.
    A Mad captain can Hault progression of bowlers. Hassan Ali the best fast bowler from last match didn't even bowl his full quota

Captain who keeps quiet in seniors

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Mad captain can Haily progression of bowlers. Hassan Ali the best fast bowler from last match didn't even bowl his full quota
    because Pakistani bowlers bowled well at the death today and Hasan usually bowl 4 overs at the death which werent required today.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because Pakistani bowlers bowled well at the death today and Hasan usually bowl 4 overs at the death which werent required today.
    They could have been bundled out below 200.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A Mad captain can Hault progression of bowlers. Hassan Ali the best fast bowler from last match didn't even bowl his full quota

Captain who keeps quiet in seniors
    I agree it's a serious problem, but even ignoring azhar's tenuous positions in the team I found it awful how often he would disappear if the team was under pressure. With sarfraz it's the opposite problem, but I believe it's something that can be worked on.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Safraz reads PP.

Some valid criticism of him here.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    I agree it's a serious problem, but even ignoring azhar's tenuous positions in the team I found it awful how often he would disappear if the team was under pressure. With sarfraz it's the opposite problem, but I believe it's something that can be worked on.
    We need a steady sharp head.

Not an active loud mouth.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am extremely disappointed with Sarfraz. His captaincy has been downright atrocious. I don't much about his plans as a tactician, he's looked OK there and I don't really have a problem with his ultra-aggressive approach either after years of Misbah and Azhar but the fact is, if bashing youngsters and not listening to their problems or what they're saying is his meaning of aggressive, then I'd much rather have an Azhar Ali as captain for the rest of his career.

Frankly speaking, I was very much into the whole Sarfraz Ahmed being captain and that it would be a breath of fresh air and what not but if being unfair to the young lot is what we get, then thank you very much! I was supporting Sarfraz even a couple of days ago when this thread started but today, I am no more an advocate for such hypocrisy. Firstly, we've seen the return of our beloved TTF's into the squad. Our top order consists of KAkmal, Shehzad, Hafeez and Malik. In a few more series we'll be seeing Asad Shafiq and Anwar Ali making a return too!

But wait a minute, that's not the end of this. What's really infuriated me is this guy pressuring Amir to keep bowling. Regardless of however Amir is bowling at the moment, I am sure there is a uniformed opinion on PP and around the world that Mohammad Amir is a once in a generation bowler. He is one of our best bowlers and losing him (again) would be the worst thing to happen to Pakistan cricket, especially after the loss of Sharjeel. Amir clearly had problems with his shoulder in the last match but Sarfraz kept asking him to bowl regardless. In this match, it was obvious that Amir was having trouble throwing the ball in the field and was even seen holding his shoulder in pain at one occasion but that didn't stop Sarfraz from continuing to bowl him. At this rate, he'll definitely get injured and we'll be deprived of a good bowler.

Another thing that's seriously angered me is his treatment of Shadab, sure, he's 18 but that doesn't mean you bully him around the way he does. I'm all for telling the bowler what to do and guiding him but Sarfraz repeatedly goes up to him with his opinions and we've seen hims struggle as a bowler ever since this over control. Sarfraz has practically banned him from bowling the googly - the type of delivery he's had most success with and legit scolds him when Shadab bowls one!

Then his attitude with the rest of the players is abysmal. Our players deserve a bit of scolding, to be honest. But taking it to this level where you're literally treating them like school kids and making gestures with your fingers like an annoyed mother is disrespect of the players. Sure, they may be friends or whatever but sooner or later, players will form a rebellion and politics of the dressing room from the days of the 2000's will be seen again. But that's not where it ends, Sarfraz is not even fair. If you're going to be rude, be rude to everyone. There needs to be uniformity. He shouts at Imad or Shadab before adding a slip but requests and asks Hafeez or Malik. When someone like Fakhar Zaman drops a catch or misfields, he is greeted with shouts but when Kamran Akmal drops a sitter, there is just a smiling expression. He is just making the seniority culture worse than it already is.

Now I don't want people to think I'm one of those guys who go berserk after a couple of bad days or whatever, but these are things which will seriously hamper our cricket and Sarfraz needs to be talked to about this. I think he had this image of an ultra aggressive, Brendon McCullum style captain before captaincy and now he's doing these stupid things to live up to the expectations. He has this image in his mind of a good captain being one who talks to his bowler every now and then or something like that, maybe he's watched Dhoni - but looks like he missed out its in the last couple of overs not the opening spell!

His captaincy seems to be taking a toll on his personal performance too. Our captains seem to forget that just because you become captain doesn't mean you still don't have to perform to merit a place in the side. His keeping - apart from one catch - has been embarrassing. Literally embarrassing. And his batting against below average West Indies bowlers hasn't been impressive. He really needs to hold his horses and get his act straight because he seems like a much, much worse captain than Azhar Ali to me currently.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We need a steady sharp head.

Not an active loud mouth.
    Give it a little time, at least he has a voice

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    I am extremely disappointed with Sarfraz. His captaincy has been downright atrocious. I don't much about his plans as a tactician, he's looked OK there and I don't really have a problem with his ultra-aggressive approach either after years of Misbah and Azhar but the fact is, if bashing youngsters and not listening to their problems or what they're saying is his meaning of aggressive, then I'd much rather have an Azhar Ali as captain for the rest of his career.

Frankly speaking, I was very much into the whole Sarfraz Ahmed being captain and that it would be a breath of fresh air and what not but if being unfair to the young lot is what we get, then thank you very much! I was supporting Sarfraz even a couple of days ago when this thread started but today, I am no more an advocate for such hypocrisy. Firstly, we've seen the return of our beloved TTF's into the squad. Our top order consists of KAkmal, Shehzad, Hafeez and Malik. In a few more series we'll be seeing Asad Shafiq and Anwar Ali making a return too!

But wait a minute, that's not the end of this. What's really infuriated me is this guy pressuring Amir to keep bowling. Regardless of however Amir is bowling at the moment, I am sure there is a uniformed opinion on PP and around the world that Mohammad Amir is a once in a generation bowler. He is one of our best bowlers and losing him (again) would be the worst thing to happen to Pakistan cricket, especially after the loss of Sharjeel. Amir clearly had problems with his shoulder in the last match but Sarfraz kept asking him to bowl regardless. In this match, it was obvious that Amir was having trouble throwing the ball in the field and was even seen holding his shoulder in pain at one occasion but that didn't stop Sarfraz from continuing to bowl him. At this rate, he'll definitely get injured and we'll be deprived of a good bowler.

Another thing that's seriously angered me is his treatment of Shadab, sure, he's 18 but that doesn't mean you bully him around the way he does. I'm all for telling the bowler what to do and guiding him but Sarfraz repeatedly goes up to him with his opinions and we've seen hims struggle as a bowler ever since this over control. Sarfraz has practically banned him from bowling the googly - the type of delivery he's had most success with and legit scolds him when Shadab bowls one!

Then his attitude with the rest of the players is abysmal. Our players deserve a bit of scolding, to be honest. But taking it to this level where you're literally treating them like school kids and making gestures with your fingers like an annoyed mother is disrespect of the players. Sure, they may be friends or whatever but sooner or later, players will form a rebellion and politics of the dressing room from the days of the 2000's will be seen again. But that's not where it ends, Sarfraz is not even fair. If you're going to be rude, be rude to everyone. There needs to be uniformity. He shouts at Imad or Shadab before adding a slip but requests and asks Hafeez or Malik. When someone like Fakhar Zaman drops a catch or misfields, he is greeted with shouts but when Kamran Akmal drops a sitter, there is just a smiling expression. He is just making the seniority culture worse than it already is.

Now I don't want people to think I'm one of those guys who go berserk after a couple of bad days or whatever, but these are things which will seriously hamper our cricket and Sarfraz needs to be talked to about this. I think he had this image of an ultra aggressive, Brendon McCullum style captain before captaincy and now he's doing these stupid things to live up to the expectations. He has this image in his mind of a good captain being one who talks to his bowler every now and then or something like that, maybe he's watched Dhoni - but looks like he missed out its in the last couple of overs not the opening spell!

His captaincy seems to be taking a toll on his personal performance too. Our captains seem to forget that just because you become captain doesn't mean you still don't have to perform to merit a place in the side. His keeping - apart from one catch - has been embarrassing. Literally embarrassing. And his batting against below average West Indies bowlers hasn't been impressive. He really needs to hold his horses and get his act straight because he seems like a much, much worse captain than Azhar Ali to me currently.
    Top post. You summed up everything.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From Cricinfo:

Junaid Khan to Permaul, 2 runs, back full at off stump, angled square through the off side, good placement...a bit more shouting from Sarfraz when there might have been a run out chance if he was by the stumps

Brutus_Shylock: "Boy at 48.5 sarfraz should have tried to break the stumps instead of lecturing his out-fielder, might have been close. " Yes! Just seen the replay

Imad Wasim should be a captain, this is totally unacceptable....

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree with the everything in this post.

A clear message needs to be instilled, your keeper/batsman first and captain second.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it was required but he bowled shadab instead till the 46th over and he went for few sixers..

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sorry to see you so upset over amir's once in a generation talent.

maybe we will get to see it once in a generation

Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect, couldn't have summed it up any better

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agreed. Looks horrible and double standard like guy as a captain which is horrible for morale and understanding of the team.

Youngsters are the ones performing and not deadwood TTF seniors, Not he only selected them but is also giving them a free hand.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamgeer View Post
    Top post. You summed up everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Agree with the everything in this post.

A clear message needs to be instilled, your keeper/batsman first and captain second.
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Perfect, couldn't have summed it up any better
    Totally agreed. Looks horrible and double standard like guy as a captain which is horrible for morale and understanding of the team.

Youngsters are the ones performing and not deadwood TTF seniors, Not he only selected them but is also giving them a free hand.
    Thanks guys.

I'm no hater of Sarfraz but this is just disappointing stuff, especially when he was hailed to be some sort of Messiah for Pakistan cricket!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fasihulhaq94 View Post
    sorry to see you so upset over amir's once in a generation talent.

maybe we will get to see it once in a generation
    Regardless of whether he is or not a once in a generation talent, Sarfraz Ahmed is nobody to be playing such a huge gamble with the career of someone so young.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chattiness hopefully will come down

I am hoping as time goes by, Sarfraz reaction and chattiness will go down a bit, it will be too much for him to keep doing specially in longer formats, this will effect his concentration and decision making ability, we have seen that somewhat in ODIs...

Its one thing to Captain a club side with lot of young and domestic players that too in T20, where things move first, taking on every ball does not look terribly bad or a bad ploy, but whole together a different thing for longer format and National side...Things will get tough and rough...As players mature, they will not like baby sitter telling them what to do every ball, it gets annoying... Sarfraz is somewhat mindful of that, starting to tone down his chattiness today...

Bowling changes in last 20 overs were really awful

Decision making ability was more disappointing to me today than anything else...How come you did not bowl Malik or Hafeez on such a turning track in last 20 overs?? - This was insane, he let WI get into the match from 33/42 overs, there was no need to bring back fast bowlers. He should have gone for more spinners, he never tried finger spinners, which was mind boggling. Looks like he had pre-determined flow of overs in mind, which he did not change at all, even when conditions presented were very different...I think Hafeez here would have not done that and continue with spinners...This sort of things what made Azhar and Misbah bad Captain as well, they were slow to react to situations, pitch conditions and field placements. If Sarfi does the same than we are not moving forward.

Bowling Captains works for Pakistan

More and more I feel Pakistanis are best severed by bowling Captain. In my view Inzi, Misbah were not that great Captain as Imran, Wasim, Waqar were, part of the reason is they understand in-field game better(means bowling and fielding), we were more attacking in nature, had better bowling plans. In last 20 years, we flock to batting Captain that has largely made us defensive unit and out of depth with put under attack...

I am not a fan of batsman Captain, even at local level, they just don't understand bowling well, like bowlers cannot guide you how to bat... Even with experience Inzi and Misbah did not get better with their understanding of the game. Even while commentating I don't rate even Gawaskar, Nasir, Clark that good at understanding and explaining bowling strategies...Where as bowlers like Wasim, Waqar, Bishop and Warne explain and comment on bowlers and field placements much better... Its not that difficult to understand the difference, bowling and batting are two very different discipline. Batsmen cannot understand bowling better than bowlers in general!!

Atleast in PSL, we need to develop more bowler Captains, that was our strength, that would make these bowlers better bowler as well. Since 2010, we have kind of sideline our core strength, bowlers are not reduced to worker bees, rather than front and center of Cricket, we need to go back to the future

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your best bowler doesnt bowl full quota .... erm why?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    Chattiness hopefully will come down

I am hoping as time goes by, Sarfraz reaction and chattiness will go down a bit, it will be too much for him to keep doing specially in longer formats, this will effect his concentration and decision making ability, we have seen that somewhat in ODIs...

Its one thing to Captain a club side with lot of young and domestic players that too in T20, where things move first, taking on every ball does not look terribly bad or a bad ploy, but whole together a different thing for longer format and National side...Things will get tough and rough...As players mature, they will not like baby sitter telling them what to do every ball, it gets annoying... Sarfraz is somewhat mindful of that, starting to tone down his chattiness today...

Bowling changes in last 20 overs were really awful

Decision making ability was more disappointing to me today than anything else...How come you did not bowl Malik or Hafeez on such a turning track in last 20 overs?? - This was insane, he let WI get into the match from 33/42 overs, there was no need to bring back fast bowlers. He should have gone for more spinners, he never tried finger spinners, which was mind boggling. Looks like he had pre-determined flow of overs in mind, which he did not change at all, even when conditions presented were very different...I think Hafeez here would have not done that and continue with spinners...This sort of things what made Azhar and Misbah bad Captain as well, they were slow to react to situations, pitch conditions and field placements. If Sarfi does the same than we are not moving forward.

Bowling Captains works for Pakistan

More and more I feel Pakistanis are best severed by bowling Captain. In my view Inzi, Misbah were not that great Captain as Imran, Wasim, Waqar were, part of the reason is they understand in-field game better(means bowling and fielding), we were more attacking in nature, had better bowling plans. In last 20 years, we flock to batting Captain that has largely made us defensive unit and out of depth with put under attack...

I am not a fan of batsman Captain, even at local level, they just don't understand bowling well, like bowlers cannot guide you how to bat... Even with experience Inzi and Misbah did not get better with their understanding of the game. Even while commentating I don't rate even Gawaskar, Nasir, Clark that good at understanding and explaining bowling strategies...Where as bowlers like Wasim, Waqar, Bishop and Warne explain and comment on bowlers and field placements much better... Its not that difficult to understand the difference, bowling and batting are two very different discipline. Batsmen cannot understand bowling better than bowlers in general!!

Atleast in PSL, we need to develop more bowler Captains, that was our strength, that would make these bowlers better bowler as well. Since 2010, we have kind of sideline our core strength, bowlers are not reduced to worker bees, rather than front and center of Cricket, we need to go back to the future
    Wasim and waqar were not good captains, they were lucky to have some great players alongside them... but they did not get the maximum from the talent they had.

Salim Malik was the best captain after imran... pitty he started fixing.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see him going to far as Capt

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its always important to back the junior players as they are low in confidence and you cod dent their confidence by doing these immature acts

One players low confidence affects the whole team
    Sarfraz clearly doesnt know how to lead a team here.

But oh well, loving it whats happening. People thought he was going to save our cricket. Lets see now

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Wasim and waqar were not good captains, they were lucky to have some great players alongside them... but they did not get the maximum from the talent they had.

I don't agree, What Imran, Wasim, Waqar were able to do as Captain? they able to produce better bowlers in the country, an attacking mindset... Even Miandad was better at many tactics than Imran, but when it come to bowling side of the equation, our bowling Captains were always better...That what kept cricket going forward and popular in 80s/90s, we need that mojo back...Half of the bowling is about mindset, you have to understand bowling, frankly most of them don't, that does not come by yelling after every ball BTW

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz talks too much .

"And in much of your talking, thinking is half murdered" - Khalil Gibran

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    over reactors wll never appreciate how Sarfraz encourage his players.
    See how he was jumping on Malik's century.

But but he dent the confidence of youngsters.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much over reaction as if they never saw Sarfraz captaining the domestic sides.
    He is the same in psl (Anwar Janu, Hassaan udher nai, shabaa nawazaaayyy) and for Karachi Khalid bhai)

I dont know why we never heard of youngsters being unhappy with Sarfraz in domestics. May be because they are happy with him.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Salim Malik was not the best captain; he was lucky that there was friction between Wasim and Waqar at that time each of them have their own group; so Wasim and Waqar were competing against each other furiously in the match and thus both performing very well for Pakistan and Salim Malik was reaping the benefit as the captain

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik in post-match interview: "I'd like to congratulate Sarfraz, the way he's been conducting all the guys and the way youngsters are responding, it's a great sign for Pakistan cricket"

#InziOut

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great captain,calm and cool today.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great captaincy to win the series!!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan won inspite of Sarfraz not because of him.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    Shoaib Malik in post-match interview: "I'd like to congratulate Sarfraz, the way he's been conducting all the guys and the way youngsters are responding, it's a great sign for Pakistan cricket"

Shoaib under pressure by Sarfaraz's shouting.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan won inspite of Sarfraz not because of him.
    Not true, attitude of players is different. Sarfraz is a better man manager than Azhar Ali. A lot different from Misbah.

When Misbah retires I can the see culture of our cricket going back to more "traditional roots".

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Shoaib under pressure by Sarfaraz's shouting.
    bhai you forgot Sarfi only shouts at youngsters and Shoaib appreciated him because he doesn't shout at seniors :p

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By his standards, he controlled his anger and shouting today. But bowling resources still could not be used judiciously. Hopefully, he will improve on these issues.

Shoaib Akhter said today on PTV sports that there had been a complaint lodged against Sarfraz's attitude to the manager.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can speak from experience of having worked for many years - the managers who speak down to you, who care a lot about 'status' i.e. I'm senior so I deserve to be treated better than you, who think that they have to treat you as school children, those managers fail sooner rather than later.

I've come across managers like this and staff absolutely hate them. I even resigned a pretty significant position not too long ago, partly because of this type of management and I changed to another employer. I took a stand and suddenly it opened the floodgates - several former colleagues followed me and resigned shortly after me too, for similar reasons.

My piece of advice to Sarfraz is this - the people who you manage are not some kids off the street who you need to treat like school children. These are professional cricketers who have earned their place, right to the very top, through performance. If you act like you are something special, pretty soon you'll find yourself in a tough spot (e.g. a bad match or series) and these guys will not rally round you, because you made them dislike you. Young or old, experienced or inexperienced, treat them like equals and adults and then see how the team gels and how happy everyone suddenly becomes. A happy gelling team equals a winning team.
    Last edited by Usman; 12th April 2017 at 00:18.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    I can speak from experience of having worked for many years - the managers who speak down to you, who care a lot about 'status' i.e. I'm senior so I deserve to be treated better than you, who think that they have to treat you as school children, those managers fail sooner rather than later.

I've come across managers like this and staff absolutely hate them. I even resigned a pretty significant position not too long ago, partly because of this type of management and I changed to another employer. I took a stand and suddenly it opened the floodgates - several former colleagues followed me and resigned shortly after me too, for similar reasons.

My piece of advice to Sarfraz is this - the people who you manage are not some kids off the street who you need to treat like school children. These are professional cricketers who have earned their place, right to the very top, through performance. If you act like you are something special, pretty soon you'll find yourself in a tough spot (e.g. a bad match or series) and these guys will not rally round you, because you made them dislike you. Young or old, experienced or inexperienced, treat them like equals and adults and then see how the team gels and how happy everyone suddenly becomes. A happy gelling team equals a winning team.
    Yes, We need an active captain who is aggressive in decisions and for opposition. Not for own guys

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good post @ExpressPacer - that's potw level stuff.

Sarf clan won't realize it still.

Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    By his standards, he controlled his anger and shouting today. But bowling resources still could not be used judiciously. Hopefully, he will improve on these issues.

Shoaib Akhter said today on PTV sports that there had been a complaint lodged against Sarfraz's attitude to the manager.
    Ummm... That's just one complaint.

Expect a lot more to follow if this clown captaincy doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post

Very true.

I wonder if his supporters like @Syed1 ever get a so called leader or manager like Sarfraz in their professional lives.

They'll be hating his guts. The way he's been acting like a clown is the EXACT Thing any leadership courses will ask you to AVOID.

Not sure how his clan keep supporting this madness and panic.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Not true, attitude of players is different. Sarfraz is a better man manager than Azhar Ali. A lot different from Misbah.

When Misbah retires I can the see culture of our cricket going back to more "traditional roots".
    No. They have an exceptionally weak opponent even then they tried ballsing it up few times... when thry get clarted for 350 plus, by one of the big boys, then we'll see how much of difference in attitude there is. Right now he is lucky that few oldies have bailed him out despite his poor captaincy. The best bowler from few days prior at the same ground doesn't bowls only 6 overs!! What a clueless clown Sarfraz is showing himself to be.

Sarfraz needs to fix his keeping and batting else he will be out of a job and team soon.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Good post @ExpressPacer - that's potw level stuff.

Sarf clan won't realize it still.

Ummm... That's just one complaint.

Expect a lot more to follow if this clown captaincy doesn't change.

Very true.

I wonder if his supporters like @Syed1 ever get a so called leader or manager like Sarfraz in their professional lives.

They'll be hating his guts. The way he's been acting like a clown is the EXACT Thing any leadership courses will ask you to AVOID.

Not sure how his clan keep supporting this madness and panic.
    His captaincy is like his running between the wickets .... mad panic and a run out around the corner.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His captaincy is like his running between the wickets .... mad panic and a run out around the corner.
    True. It has started to affect his primary job i.e. keeping too. He was more interested in shouting and yelling at his player than running the batsman out.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post

So who is leaking team news to the media now?

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    We have no other alternatives.

Imad himself has a shady attitude, Amir is struggling, and Babar is still very new and has not established himself in the Test side.

Sarfraz is excellent, especially when you consider the above.

I like this type of captaincy.

Just needs to stop treating seniors specially, though.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You won this game by 7 overs?

Imagine if he lost!

Give him a chance to figure it out. Allan Border used to be known as "Captain Cranky" once upon a time.

And Ponting was famous for his "teapot" early on.

It might take a fella a while to improve his captaincy, same as any other skill.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mediocre keeper and captain but still the best we have and better than Misbah and Azhar we had. We need to give him time and there is no reason he won;t improve as captain.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So much over reaction as if they never saw Sarfraz captaining the domestic sides.
    He is the same in psl (Anwar Janu, Hassaan udher nai, shabaa nawazaaayyy) and for Karachi Khalid bhai)

I dont know why we never heard of youngsters being unhappy with Sarfraz in domestics. May be because they are happy with him.
    Misbah and Azhar fans are unhappy that Sarf already has a better record than those mediocre captains.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Azhar fans are unhappy that Sarf already has a better record than those mediocre captains.
    If you geniunely think that Sarfaraz is or would be a better captain than Misbah , then honestly stop watching the sport.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    If you geniunely think that Sarfaraz is or would be a better captain than Misbah , then honestly stop watching the sport.
    Misbah was quite a useless captain in LOI. It is an established fact.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah was quite a useless captain in LOI. It is an established fact.
    When Misbah retired the ODI team was at the bottom of ranking that shows how atrocious he was as a captain. He will be remembered as the Loser of Mohali.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most people who supported this guy have already turned their back on him?

Lol.

So far seems like he's aggressive with running his mouth only.

You gotta work until your idols become your rivals.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Most people who supported this guy have already turned their back on him?

Lol.

So far seems like he's aggressive with running his mouth only.
    You mad your fav Azhar Ali was booted out of the team? Hahahaha.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we are thinking that Sarfaraz is going to be a stable captain for the next 5 years then we are fooling ourselves. I wud say in 6 months, we will have a new captain.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    You mad your fav Azhar Ali was booted out of the team? Hahahaha.
    Azhar will be playing Tests in a few days whereas your weak Haris hasn't played any match for Pakistan since 2015. Could do by keeping himself fit.

You gotta work until your idols become your rivals.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    would love to see sarfraz keep this attitude up. keep trolling his haters

Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    whats annoys me in all this discussion is that people are acting as if 'calm'captaincy took us to the top of the rankings

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since when does acting like a street thug tantamount to being aggressive? West Indies is an extremely mediocre team (they are as bad as us, if not worse) and he was crapping his pants by shouting around against WI. With this attitude he will never be able to lead the side against any half decent side in a pressure match.

That is the problem with Pakistani fans, they think that just because someone's mouth runs faster than Usain Bolt the person is aggressive. Captain's aggression comes from tactics and strategy, not acting like a lunatic in the middle shouting around at everyone.