Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 480 of 933
  1. #401
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    197
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indians and haters seem to be the only ones bashing Sarfraz guess hes doing something right.

    U-19 World Cup Sarfraz Owned Kohli to win the Cup

    And

    Champions Trophy 2017 Sarfraz Demolished Kohli to again win the Cup

    As they say history repeats itself

  2. #402
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,742
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Indians and haters seem to be the only ones bashing Sarfraz guess hes doing something right.

    U-19 World Cup Sarfraz Owned Kohli to win the Cup

    And

    Champions Trophy 2017 Sarfraz Demolished Kohli to again win the Cup

    As they say history repeats itself
    Bro Kohli wasnt the captain when we won u19 wc 2006 but yes we owned India in the final. Sarfraz has won 2 out of 2 global finals against India and Indians are still upset on that.

  3. #403
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Bro Kohli wasnt the captain when we won u19 wc 2006 but yes we owned India in the final. Sarfraz has won 2 out of 2 global finals against India and Indians are still upset on that.
    Remind us what Sarfraz performance was in the u19 final or for that matter ICC final
    It was a super human effort from couple of guys guy that won the u19 final and the ICC trophy

    Nothing has changed Sarfraz ....still living off others work.

  4. #404
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    23,836
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Remind us what Sarfraz performance was in the u19 final or for that matter ICC final
    It was a super human effort from couple of guys guy that won the u19 final and the ICC trophy

    Nothing has changed Sarfraz ....still living off others work.
    What is stopping players from delivering these 'super-human' efforts under other captains?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  5. #405
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    What is stopping players from delivering these 'super-human' efforts under other captains?
    Because most if not all are debuts.....

    What was Sarfraz' own performances?

  6. #406
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    23,836
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Because most if not all are debuts.....
    OK.

    What's stopping other captains from failing to follow this magical formula of using debutants, then?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  7. #407
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,738
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with this approach from Sarfraz. Needs to relax, Also has a habit of shouting at younger players but not at seniors, showing weak character?

    He should be composed, There are other ways to captain a team rather than shouting.

  8. #408
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    OK.

    What's stopping other captains from failing to follow this magical formula of using debutants, then?
    He had no say in the selection.

    Answer me, what were his own performances?

  9. #409
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    23,836
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    He had no say in the selection.

    Answer me, what were his own performances?
    Really, no say in the selection? Strange, I thought that the captain and coach were usually consulted regarding selection... you learn something new every day!

    A wicket-keeper in T20s is often a bystander.

    As a batsman, he hasn't been needed much in T20s yet either.

    However, your claims that the team would be the same under any captain does not add up. The ODI team looks completely different since he took over. Mostly the same team looked every bit like a #8 ranked side under Azhar.

    If there is a good alternative wicket-keeping option for T20Is (and captaincy option as well) then I am in favour of moving on from Sarfaraz in the shortest format as his workload is going to be increasing rapidly in the recent future, anyway.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 15th September 2017 at 22:46.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  10. #410
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Really, no say in the selection? Strange, I thought that the captain and coach were usually consulted regarding selection... you learn something new every day!

    A wicket-keeper in T20s is often a bystander.

    As a batsman, he hasn't been needed much in T20s yet either.

    However, your claims that the team would be the same under any captain does not add up. The ODI team looks completely different since he took over. Mostly the same team looked every bit like a #8 ranked side under Azhar.

    If there is a good alternative wicket-keeping option for T20Is (and captaincy option as well) then I am in favour of moving on from Sarfaraz in the shortest format as his workload is going to be increasing rapidly in the recent future, anyway.
    So .... one format down, 2 to go only in the first series after CT trophy.....

    The team looks different because the old people hogging places are gone... he was given a young team. Its infact given Mickey more control over the team, he can mold and dictate how he wants.... fitness as an example.

  11. #411
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,742
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    So .... one format down, 2 to go only in the first series after CT trophy.....

    The team looks different because the old people hogging places are gone... he was given a young team. Its infact given Mickey more control over the team, he can mold and dictate how he wants.... fitness as an example.
    The CT team had 8-9 same faces to the one which lost 4-1 against Australia under Azhar ... He batted in 2 matches in CT and won 1 match with his batting (luck is a part of game and Fakhar was lucky in final too so don't give me the lame luck excuse). He kept brilliantly and was named the captain of the tournament. And btw CT team had same old faces like Malik, Hafeez, Shehzad.. we always have few newcomers in tournaments. It depends on captain to get the best out of his players. Your logic is flawed and I know where the hate is coming from so it's futile discussing things with you.
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 15th September 2017 at 23:15.

  12. #412
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,760
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was not like that before he became the Captain ..... may be he was coached to be this way !!!!

  13. #413
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    23,836
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    So .... one format down, 2 to go only in the first series after CT trophy.....
    You can keep telling yourself that.

    Reality is that he is a much more useful player in ODIs and Tests and always has been. No one has ever rated him as some brilliant T20 player, but his captaincy will still keep him in the T20I team because PCB don't appear to have faith in anyone else.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  14. #414
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    The CT team had 8-9 same faces to the one which lost 4-1 against Australia under Azhar ... He batted in 2 matches in CT and won 1 match with his batting (luck is a part of game and Fakhar was lucky in final too so don't give me the lame luck excuse). He kept brilliantly and was named the captain of the tournament. And btw CT team had same old faces like Malik, Hafeez, Shehzad.. we always have few newcomers in tournaments. It depends on captain to get the best out of his players. Your logic is flawed and I know where the hate is coming from so it's futile discussing things with you.
    So now you are reduced to denigrating the guy who was one of the major reasons for the ICC win.... just to protect Sarfraz.... and you say my logic is flawed!

    The humiliation in first India match.. then that speech from Mickey and Malik.... Hassan ali, fakhar and Amir.... that's the ICC journey in a nutshell.

    Take Sarfraz out, it makes no difference to this team. The glory hogging can only last so long. My prediction is a year and now even the Sarfraz die hands are looking at whether he can be afforded a place of a passenger in the t20 team... next it will be tests when he will drop sitters and not score much.

  15. #415
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    So now you are reduced to denigrating the guy who was one of the major reasons for the ICC win.... just to protect Sarfraz.... and you say my logic is flawed!

    The humiliation in first India match.. then that speech from Mickey and Malik.... Hassan ali, fakhar and Amir.... that's the ICC journey in a nutshell.

    Take Sarfraz out, it makes no difference to this team. The glory hogging can only last so long. My prediction is a year and now even the Sarfraz die hands are looking at whether he can be afforded a place of a passenger in the t20 team... next it will be tests when he will drop sitters and not score much.
    That speech from Mickey and Malik, ofcourse Sarfaraz the most talkative guy in the room will be completely mute at that point, because no one listens to him in the dressing room

  16. #416
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    That speech from Mickey and Malik, ofcourse Sarfaraz the most talkative guy in the room will be completely mute at that point, because no one listens to him in the dressing room
    Oh yes the one who loses his voice when "seniors" misfield and drop catches...
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 16th September 2017 at 01:07.

  17. #417
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Sarfraz presence in dressing room ..... here is what dawn reporter said when he went to meet Sarfraz at his home after ICC win it gives us an idea.... it's Karachi press just to point it out...


    As I walked inside the living room, I noticed everyone who was there — except for Sarfraz. My eyes fell upon him accidentally. Instead of being starstruck, I was taken aback by the fact that Sarfraz had no presence, nothing that made him stand out from everyone else, even though he was sitting right in the middle of the room. No allure, no nothing, almost unremarkable.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1341936

  18. #418
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Oh yes the one who loses his voice when "seniors" misfield and drop catches...
    That's how you stay on top, vultures are circling all the time, its being smart... why would he wanna shout at people with almost 20 years of International cricket associated with their name...
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 16th September 2017 at 01:07.

  19. #419
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,742
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    So now you are reduced to denigrating the guy who was one of the major reasons for the ICC win.... just to protect Sarfraz.... and you say my logic is flawed!

    The humiliation in first India match.. then that speech from Mickey and Malik.... Hassan ali, fakhar and Amir.... that's the ICC journey in a nutshell.

    Take Sarfraz out, it makes no difference to this team. The glory hogging can only last so long. My prediction is a year and now even the Sarfraz die hands are looking at whether he can be afforded a place of a passenger in the t20 team... next it will be tests when he will drop sitters and not score much
    Pakistan would have been eliminated if not for Sarfraz 61* (lame luck excuse coming). Yeah that doesn't include in 'CT journey in a nutshell'.
    Reducing teams to an avg score of 220 when 300 was a norm didn't mean anything too. Same Hasan and Amir were part of England and Aus odi series but we were destroyed for 300+ scores for fun. Same Junaid who is ridiculed and was a liability performed above expectations. And you say to me captain doesn't have a say in getting the best out of his players. I can give many other reasons but running out of time. Take Sarfraz out of team and we would have been eliminated in 1st round. And no Sarfraz isn't going anywhere from the test team rather Pakistan will win one of our test overseas tour in Aus/SA/Eng and then we will see your new excuses.

    I hope for once you start supporting the team and come out of regionalism
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 16th September 2017 at 00:06.

  20. #420
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    As for Sarfraz presence in dressing room ..... here is what dawn reporter said when he went to meet Sarfraz at his home after ICC win it gives us an idea.... it's Karachi press just to point it out...
    Looool, look at the interpretation of this guy

  21. #421
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    23,836
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    As for Sarfraz presence in dressing room ..... here is what dawn reporter said when he went to meet Sarfraz at his home after ICC win it gives us an idea.... it's Karachi press just to point it out...
    Yes, because a team's dressing room and a family's living room are basically the same thing.

    C'mon now, you can do better than that.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  22. #422
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Pakistan would have been eliminated if not for Sarfraz 61* (lame luck excuse coming). Yeah that doesn't include in 'CT journey in a nutshell'.
    Reducing teams to an avg score of 220 when 300 was a norm didn't mean anything too. Same Hasan and Amir were part of England and Aus odi series but we were destroyed for 300+ scores for fun. Same Junaid who is ridiculed and was a liability performed above expectations. And you say to me captain doesn't have a say in getting the best out of his players. I can give many other reasons but running out of time. Take Sarfraz out of team and we would have been eliminated in 1st round. And no Sarfraz isn't going anywhere from the test team rather Pakistan will win one of our test overseas tour in Aus/SA/Eng and then we will see your new excuses.

    I hope for once you start supporting the team and come out of regionalism
    Oh yes the innings against SL... where in his state of panic tried his utmost to hand his wicket to Srilanka, which they refused to accept. Whilst at the other end, Amir was schooling him in how to play calmly under pressure.

  23. #423
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Oh yes the innings against SL... where in his state of panic tried his utmost to hand his wicket to Srilanka, which they refused to accept. Whilst at the other end, Amir was schooling him in how to play calmly under pressure.
    Same guy who's job is to take wickets.. but only had two after 3 ODI games. and one wicket was a credit to the outstanding catch Sarf took to get him one wicket.

    If Sarf started dropping catches left right and center, then there would be a problem.. like back spasm was until the final

  24. #424
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Same guy who's job is to take wickets.. but only had two after 3 ODI games. and one wicket was a credit to the outstanding catch Sarf took to get him one wicket.

    If Sarf started dropping catches left right and center, then there would be a problem.. like back spasm was until the final
    You make my point.... a guy whose job is to take wickets schools Sarfraz in how not to lose your head in batting under pressure. And then goes onto produce magic in the final with the ball....

  25. #425
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    3,475
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    If there is a good alternative wicket-keeping option for T20Is (and captaincy option as well) then I am in favour of moving on from Sarfaraz in the shortest format as his workload is going to be increasing rapidly in the recent future, anyway.
    Managing his workload is probably why Mohammad Hasan was given a central contract this year.

  26. #426
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You make my point.... a guy whose job is to take wickets schools Sarfraz in how not to lose your head in batting under pressure. And then goes onto produce magic in the final with the ball....
    Hmmm, 65 runs and a MOM vs some 30 odd runs... I'd take the former and rightfully get man of the match

    magic ball in the final after cowering out in the semis... brilliant, Rumman Raees equalled his total of wickets in 1 game

  27. #427
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    3,475
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719 @SarfiBabarHaris

    You are clearly very patient people.

    Everything you have said is 100% correct, but posters keep responding with utter nonsense. My advice? Stop. Continuing your discussion with the likes of Eagle Eye will only cause you to lose brain cells.

  28. #428
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Hmmm, 65 runs and a MOM vs some 30 odd runs... I'd take the former and rightfully get man of the match

    magic ball in the final after cowering out in the semis... brilliant, Rumman Raees equalled his total of wickets in 1 game
    Oh ofcourse Sarfrazian logic.... denigrate everyone to protect the captain. Amir got his runs without behaving like a headless chicken. If Amir didn't score the 30 odd, Pakistan wouldn't have won either. Captain was hell bent on committing hari kari that day.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 16th September 2017 at 01:06. Reason: No need for name-calling

  29. #429
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Oh ofcourse Sarfrazian logic.... denigrate everyone to protect the captain. Amir got his runs without behaving like a headless chicken. If Amir didn't score the 30 odd, Pakistan wouldn't have won either. Captain was hell bent on committing hari kari that day.
    Yes it would've been an easier job for Sarf had his 'star performer' stood out without holding his back every 2 mins, or it wouldn't have been a do or die had Mr. Cool not chickened out when he was started getting bashed by Kohli in the first game... If he had got a 5'fer like his fans always believe he can get, we wouldn't be in a do or die situation now would we?

    He had to be the last guy performing in the tournament, after everyone but the 'best bowler in the world' had performed for the playing 11... and the sort of form some bowlers were during that series probably those were 3 wickets which Hassan or Junaid could've gotten easy, even Rumman would've gotten those wickets considering he equalled 'back ache's tally of wickets in one game.

    Nothing in those deliveries was that we hadn't seen before
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 16th September 2017 at 01:06.

  30. #430
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    5,861
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His behaviour is less important than the results he delivers as a captain. For me, he has already surpassed the three previous ODI captains (Afridi, Misbah and Azhar) because we have won the second biggest limited overs tournament under his leadership, which is unarguably a lot more impressive than any achievement (in terms of captaincy) of his aforementioned predecessors in ODI cricket.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 16th September 2017 at 02:32. Reason: Correction


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  31. #431
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    3,475
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    His behaviour is less important than the results he delivers as a captain. For me, he has already surpassed the two previous ODI captains (Afridi, Misbah and Azhar) because we have won the second biggest limited overs tournament under his leadership, which is unarguably a lot more impressive than any achievement (in terms of captaincy) of his aforementioned predecessors in ODI cricket.
    I would go so far as to say his behaviour is directly linked to the results he has delivered.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 16th September 2017 at 02:33.

  32. #432
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    5,861
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    I would go so far as to say his behaviour is directly linked to the results he has delivered.
    He has done well to keep the players motivated, for the most part. Obviously, he isn't the most complete ODI player, but his captaincy has been very promising, on the whole.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 16th September 2017 at 01:01.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  33. #433
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,593
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some folks will prefer the meek surrender that the team was exhibiting time after time while savior Misbah and acha bacha Azhar were at the helm.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  34. #434
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,138
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I am not a 100% fan of Sarfraz and think that he has a long way to go before becoming an excellent captain. Can those hell bent on making him look like the second coming of Hitler or something, advise us of the excellent captaincy material with more experience than Safraz who can take the team forward without raising a finger at the non-performing or erroring players on the field?

    Hopefully none of you think Sohail Tanvir, Umar Akmal, or Ahmed Shehzad are it!


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  35. #435
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,090
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The team seems to be responding well to his approach.

    What's the big deal?

    This is a non-issue until someone complains about it.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  36. #436
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    573
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please my request to all expertie
    captaining is a another chapter and he is doing well.no matter he himself has good innings or not. attractive person r not. ha has brain for captaining that s way we r wining. so no hate furthur
    yours.....

  37. #437
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,166
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    As for Sarfraz presence in dressing room ..... here is what dawn reporter said when he went to meet Sarfraz at his home after ICC win it gives us an idea.... it's Karachi press just to point it out...
    so i read the article and the dawn reporter is making a case for Sarfaraz being a humble guy and saying compared to Wasim, Waqar, Imran he doesnt put an arrogant vibe.

    atleast read the whole thing rather than nitpick to suit an agenda.

    or share the whole article lol

    overall weak attempt. even for you
    Last edited by Slog; 17th September 2017 at 20:58.


    #MPGA

  38. #438
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,166
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Mickey was out coach for almost a year before Sarfaraz was appointed captain

    Why have there been an uptick in results since the change in captaincy but there wasnt for almost a year after Mickey's appointment?


    #MPGA

  39. #439
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    1,420
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If this the way it working then let me shout yell swear fo whatever he want. winning matters that is it... i dont care how he is treating players on the field.. if this is the way they perform then let it be


    only fighters rise up from the dust..

  40. #440
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    667
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Some credibility? He is already a legend, he brought silverware to the country after 8 years, and some would say Pakistan's most significant cricketing victory yet
    I'm not sure about the kind of significance you're putting on the victory, but I take your point.

    I just have very little respect for professional sportsman who can't be bothered to put in the effort of eating and training like sportsmen.

    So, maybe I'm being a bit harsh.

  41. #441
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    3,818
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthanded View Post
    I'm not sure about the kind of significance you're putting on the victory, but I take your point.

    I just have very little respect for professional sportsman who can't be bothered to put in the effort of eating and training like sportsmen.

    So, maybe I'm being a bit harsh.
    he's passed every fitness test.. you implication that Sarfraz doesn't "put in the effort of eating and training like sportsmen" is completely baseless


    'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

  42. #442
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,305
    Mentioned
    769 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Mickey was out coach for almost a year before Sarfaraz was appointed captain

    Why have there been an uptick in results since the change in captaincy but there wasnt for almost a year after Mickey's appointment?
    Please stop bringing facts into the conversation ~ It's highly inconvenient bro....

  43. #443
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    so i read the article and the dawn reporter is making a case for Sarfaraz being a humble guy and saying compared to Wasim, Waqar, Imran he doesnt put an arrogant vibe.

    atleast read the whole thing rather than nitpick to suit an agenda.

    or share the whole article lol

    overall weak attempt. even for you
    There is no doubt he is from a humble background. You need to get the prior context in which I posted that, the other poster said that how come a guy who shouts so much would not have taken charge in the the famous Mickey and Malik team clear the air team talk after India defeat.....

    The link of the article is there to read, but excerpts about his presence and ability to standout in a crowd and take charge is what I found relevant and thus quoted, if you think I missed out on his leadership skill set from the article then post it.

  44. #444
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz has been leading odi team since 2017, won 2-1 against West Indies

    The previous tour of West Indies, Pakistan won 3-1.

    Then humiliation against India in first match changed everything which was now or never moment for Mickey and Malik both of whom were looking at the sack if things didn't change drastically.... Mickey took command from then on and hasn't looked back .... Sarfraz takes the plaudits without actually being the architect or brains behind it.

    As I said, take Sarfraz out from this team, there will be no difference..... already fans are thinking of wether we need a non performer in t20s.....
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 18th September 2017 at 14:39.

  45. #445
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,402
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahahah funny thread !! People will still be whining and crying and Sarfaraz will still be winning!!!

  46. #446
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,769
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    My only concern about Sarfaraz is that he truly loses it in pressure situations where things get too close for comfort. It is in those situations where it is vital for a captain to remain calm because a captain remaining calm like Dhoni or shouting, being angry, screaming like Sarfaraz is going to be the difference between victory and defeat.

  47. #447
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,778
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I like the aggression and enthusiasm but he loses his cool and composure too often and that can affect the players.

    He needs to keep his head at crucial times and not shout at the younger players too often.



  48. #448
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    1,980
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. For those making a case against Sarfaraz's weight or training habits have no facts to back them up. He hasn't failed a single fitness test or shown any lack of energy in field. In fact it is the opposite.

    2. For those who think he has had no impact as captain are just as non Factual. He can only win what is in front of him and he has won everything so far thrown at him. Visually, the team gives its all. To make a point that team could have won without him is unproven since he was Capitan in those games.

    Team is unrecognizable, in a good way, from the times of Misbah and Afridi.

    3. To say Sarfaraz has poor temperament under pressure is again unproven. He has delivered the final game in Champions Trophy and in various bilateral games every series. There is no bigger pressure game. More importantly, his team has always been up for the occasion in the biggest games - not an under previous captains.

    His manager could not get the same results under previous captains in crunch games.

    Yes there are various opportunities for improvement in the team and in his own performance. But to use non fact based approach to prove a point does not prove it.

  49. #449
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,166
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Sarfraz has been leading odi team since 2017, won 2-1 against West Indies

    The previous tour of West Indies, Pakistan won 3-1.

    Then humiliation against India in first match changed everything which was now or never moment for Mickey and Malik both of whom were looking at the sack if things didn't change drastically.... Mickey took command from then on and hasn't looked back .... Sarfraz takes the plaudits without actually being the architect or brains behind it.

    As I said, take Sarfraz out from this team, there will be no difference..... already fans are thinking of wether we need a non performer in t20s.....
    Again

    Why didn't this uptick in performance happen before Sarfaraz's captaincy appointment?

    Why have our fortunes totally changed since then? Arthur has been around for a year before Sarfaraz took over

  50. #450
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Sarfraz has been leading odi team since 2017, won 2-1 against West Indies

    The previous tour of West Indies, Pakistan won 3-1.

    Then humiliation against India in first match changed everything which was now or never moment for Mickey and Malik both of whom were looking at the sack if things didn't change drastically.... Mickey took command from then on and hasn't looked back .... Sarfraz takes the plaudits without actually being the architect or brains behind it.

    As I said, take Sarfraz out from this team, there will be no difference..... already fans are thinking of wether we need a non performer in t20s.....
    What about the on field tactics?

    And the brand of batting? - if i remember correctly under azhar ali and misbah they were horribly defensive. The former was skipper under Mickey Arthur for a period and he and his team were so timid with bat and ball!

    It's a well known fact Sarfraz has always encouraged his team to take the game to the opposition and is a total opposite to the passive, defensive minded failures in Misbah and his recommended sucessor Azhar Ali.

    Also who instils confidence? Who had the responsibility to lift the team after the crushing defeat in the group stages? Sarfraz led this team in similar fashion to Imran Khan actually - both faced adversity and under immense pressure going on to win against the odds.

    Not taking anything away from Mickey Arthur, he's the best coach Pakistan has ever had and played a pivotal role to the success in the CT but to say taking out Sarfraz out of the team let alone captaincy is the solution is simply mastering the art of self destruction.

    If he was out of the team it would be disastrous since there are hardly any other captaincy material players in the team, definitely not clear cut and who is going to keep wicket??? Rizwan is a schoolboy playing spin so best to avoid this suggestion...

    Sarfraz made big mistakes in the opening game but it isn't about how you start, it's about how you learn from your mistakes and bounce back...

    I can see you're not a fan of Sarfraz but to say he deserves no credit makes me wonder if you're Amir Sohail in disguise?

  51. #451
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Again

    Why didn't this uptick in performance happen before Sarfaraz's captaincy appointment?

    Why have our fortunes totally changed since then? Arthur has been around for a year before Sarfaraz took over
    Uptick happened after the disaster of India match! Until then we were still 15 years behind and Sarfraz had been captain since Feb. It was only after Mickey and Malik got the boys together in the aftermath of that match, did the fortunes turn around with a change in personnel.... fakhar coming in and Hassan turning up world class performances.

    As I said before Mickey was almost certainly a goner and so was malik as he is the oldest in the team. In that scenario, wouldn't you throw cation to the wind... and say this is my last hurrah and if i am to go .... I will give it one last shot my way. They did, and it worked....and the rest as they say is history.

  52. #452
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    What about the on field tactics?

    And the brand of batting? - if i remember correctly under azhar ali and misbah they were horribly defensive. The former was skipper under Mickey Arthur for a period and he and his team were so timid with bat and ball!

    It's a well known fact Sarfraz has always encouraged his team to take the game to the opposition and is a total opposite to the passive, defensive minded failures in Misbah and his recommended sucessor Azhar Ali.

    Also who instils confidence? Who had the responsibility to lift the team after the crushing defeat in the group stages? Sarfraz led this team in similar fashion to Imran Khan actually - both faced adversity and under immense pressure going on to win against the odds.

    Not taking anything away from Mickey Arthur, he's the best coach Pakistan has ever had and played a pivotal role to the success in the CT but to say taking out Sarfraz out of the team let alone captaincy is the solution is simply mastering the art of self destruction.

    If he was out of the team it would be disastrous since there are hardly any other captaincy material players in the team, definitely not clear cut and who is going to keep wicket??? Rizwan is a schoolboy playing spin so best to avoid this suggestion...

    Sarfraz made big mistakes in the opening game but it isn't about how you start, it's about how you learn from your mistakes and bounce back...

    I can see you're not a fan of Sarfraz but to say he deserves no credit makes me wonder if you're Amir Sohail in disguise?
    Dude stop talking nonesense and comparing Sarfraz to Imran. Sarfraz chickened out in batting in the final and there you have him comparing to the great Imran Khan..... Sarfraz made some bad bowling changes in the final leading to shadab getting plundered for runs needlessly.

    You do know that when Imran was incapacitated with shoulder issues he would bat up the order to lead from the front. Like he did in the 92 World Cup......

  53. #453
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,166
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Uptick happened after the disaster of India match! Until then we were still 15 years behind and Sarfraz had been captain since Feb. It was only after Mickey and Malik got the boys together in the aftermath of that match, did the fortunes turn around with a change in personnel.... fakhar coming in and Hassan turning up world class performances.

    As I said before Mickey was almost certainly a goner and so was malik as he is the oldest in the team. In that scenario, wouldn't you throw cation to the wind... and say this is my last hurrah and if i am to go .... I will give it one last shot my way. They did, and it worked....and the rest as they say is history.
    this is a good plot to a movie but sadly not the truth


    #MPGA

  54. #454
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    493
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big lol at this thread😂
    He won us an icc event and is the best captain we've had in the last decade but his "attitude" is a problem. #lol #pakistanifans
    Pakistani fans along with Indian fans are the worse fans ever for their country.

  55. #455
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    493
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If sarfraz wins us a world cup ppl will still be crying over his attitude 😂.

  56. #456
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    2,860
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Dude stop talking nonesense and comparing Sarfraz to Imran. Sarfraz chickened out in batting in the final and there you have him comparing to the great Imran Khan..... Sarfraz made some bad bowling changes in the final leading to shadab getting plundered for runs needlessly.

    You do know that when Imran was incapacitated with shoulder issues he would bat up the order to lead from the front. Like he did in the 92 World Cup......
    I am afraid your train has already left the station. Dude.

    A good captain is a captain who wins. And Sarfraz wins. U-19 WC, now ICC trophy.

    You are whistling in the wind.

  57. #457
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    484
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for years people have complained about Pakistan captains being to soft, now we have a passionate leader people are still complaining, this guy just won us a trophy give him a break. Rather than looking at individual performances people need to know what happens behind the scenes, in cricket especially captains are almost on par with the coach.

  58. #458
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    I am afraid your train has already left the station. Dude.

    A good captain is a captain who wins. And Sarfraz wins. U-19 WC, now ICC trophy.

    You are whistling in the wind.
    As I said before, Give it a year...... All of you will be calling for his head...

    I see the murmurings already started about him stepping down from t20...after just 1 series ...

  59. #459
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,593
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    As I said before, Give it a year...... All of you will be calling for his head...

    I see the murmurings already started about him stepping down from t20...after just 1 series ...
    You said that last year too. Still waiting.




    #Mein inko rolaonga

  60. #460
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You said that last year too. Still waiting.


    That's news to me. Sarfraz has only been odi captain since Feb mate.

  61. #461
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,593
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    That's news to me. Sarfraz has only been odi captain since Feb mate.
    Saifi was appointed T20 captain on 5th April 2016 and you haven't slept well since that day.




    #Mein inko rolaonga

  62. #462
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Dude stop talking nonesense and comparing Sarfraz to Imran. Sarfraz chickened out in batting in the final and there you have him comparing to the great Imran Khan..... Sarfraz made some bad bowling changes in the final leading to shadab getting plundered for runs needlessly.

    You do know that when Imran was incapacitated with shoulder issues he would bat up the order to lead from the front. Like he did in the 92 World Cup......
    That's only one of the few points I addressed in the post - and you conveniently chose to ignore everything else

    No Sarfraz didn't chicken out because he isn't a better hitter than the likes of Shoaib Malik, Hafeez (even though I don't think he's good enough to be in the playing XI) and even Imad Wasim. It actually shows he has a good cricketing brain and made a smart tactical move which you couldn't forsee hence why he's Pakistan captain and you're not!

    As for Sarfraz's bowling changes in the final - yes he made a mistake to bring Hafeez for one over with Yuvraj but he took him out immediately - so that had negligible effect to Pakistan's momentum, you're making an issue out of nothing here. As for Shadab he's an attacking leggie who will go for runs but will pick up wickets which is what he did with Yuvrarj and Jadhav. He went for plenty against Pandya however Pakistan had so many runs to play with and with all those runs scored off him India still couldn't manage half the score! I should also emphasise no Pakistan Captain in a 50 ICC event has crushed India to this extent. 2004 CT and 2009 CT wins were a lot more close and let's not forget those teams were far better on paper, which tells you so much about his leadership with one of the weakest ODI Pakistan teams in their history especially when it comes to their batting.

    Let's not forget Sarfraz is still a learning captain, just like Shadab still mastering the craft with his leg spin. To write either of them off at this stage would be unwise to say the least.

    No I wasn't comparing Sarfraz the captain to Imran Khan's legacy, I was comparing the way Sarfraz was able to find a way to lift a team that was down and out when no one gave them a chance just like IK in 92 WC when they were almost eliminated.

    I don't get the bitter tone you have towards Sarfraz - you actually make Amir Sohail look like an angel with your remarks.

  63. #463
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1


    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    If Pakistan has to do well Fakhar, Babar, Haris/Amin, Imad, Shadab, Amir and Hasan would have to have a HUGE say in it.

    Think we have finally have a good bunch of players who are upto world standard and can challenge the best of the best.
    That is from how Pakistan can win 2019 World Cup....

    Good to know deep down you agree that Pakistan will or can win inspite of Sarfraz not because of him.

    Not sure why put up this charade of Sarfraz support when deep down you don't think he is an important player for winning a tournament.... basically a passenger if he's still in the team then.

    By the way I agree with your quote in regards to 2019 WC.

  64. #464
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,593
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    @Syed1



    That is from how Pakistan can win 2019 World Cup....

    Good to know deep down you agree that Pakistan will or can win inspite of Sarfraz not because of him.

    Not sure why put up this charade of Sarfraz support when deep down you don't think he is an important player for winning a tournament.... basically a passenger if he's still in the team then.

    By the way I agree with your quote in regards to 2019 WC.
    Cannot win without Saifi's captaincy. No matter how much it burns you Saifi is the best captain in Pakistan.


    Deal with it


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  65. #465
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Cannot win without Saifi's captaincy. No matter how much it burns you Saifi is the best captain in Pakistan.


    Deal with it
    Caught out by our own words.... you can flip flop now...

  66. #466
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,593
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Caught out by our own words.... you can flip flop now...
    Just like you were caught out yesterday when you said Saifi has only been captain since Feb this year but in reality has been T20 captain since April last year and you haven't stopped crying since that day.


    Like I said deal with it



    An Urdu-speaking Karachi boy the captain over 100million Punjabis. @Eagle_Eye's worst nightmare



    #Mein inko rolaonga

  67. #467
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Just like you were caught out yesterday when you said Saifi has only been captain since Feb this year but in reality has been T20 captain since April last year and you haven't stopped crying since that day.


    Like I said deal with it



    An Urdu-speaking Karachi boy the captain over 100million Punjabis. @Eagle_Eye's worst nightmare

    I will happy own anything if you can find my quotes for what you are saying..... unlike you who is now running away and desperately trying to change the topic....

    You gave even Imad more importance than Sarfraz and worse of all Amin, who I think is a waste of space.... you think he's got more match winning capabilities than Sarfraz. I would have rated Sarfraz ahead of him!
    Last edited by hadi123; 20th September 2017 at 13:11.

  68. #468
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,593
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    I will happy own anything if you can find my quotes for what you are saying..... unlike you who is now running away and desperately trying to change the topic....

    You gave even Imad more importance than Sarfraz and worse of all Amin, who I think is a waste of space.... you think he's got more watch winning capabilities than Sarfraz. I would have rated Sarfraz ahead of him!
    Sarfaraz is the best captain Pakistan has ever had after after Imran Khan. Drill it through your head.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  69. #469
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Sarfaraz is the best captain Pakistan has ever had after after Imran Khan. Drill it through your head.
    Clearly he's not rated enough by you to be in the list of important contributors.... unless you don't think captaincy is high enough contributory factor in winning a tournament?

    Not good enough player or captaincy is not enough of a contributory factor in winning a tournament .... So which is it?

  70. #470
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,697
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    certain people will always have it out for Sarfraz unfortunately


    As a player though he does need to bat higher epseically in odis where we know he can be class in comparison to what we have.


    There is t20 wc any time soon but i think there is a valid argument in Sarfraz not being in the t20 team. We have enough 'steady players' he doesnt fit in right now.

    The issue though is that there is no replacement right no in terms of keeping let alone captaincy


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  71. #471
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    certain people will always have it out for Sarfraz unfortunately


    As a player though he does need to bat higher epseically in odis where we know he can be class in comparison to what we have.


    There is t20 wc any time soon but i think there is a valid argument in Sarfraz not being in the t20 team. We have enough 'steady players' he doesnt fit in right now.

    The issue though is that there is no replacement right no in terms of keeping let alone captaincy
    Under the guise of "there is no other option" ...Yes let's create next generation of sacred cows like they did with the likes of akmals, butt, Hafeez, malik, shazad ... and many more... that really worked well in the past hasn't it?

  72. #472
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,593
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let me make it super simple for you so that your tiny brain can comprehend.


    1. The players I listed are the main performers of the Pakistan cricket team and I said if Pakistan has to go far it has to be due to the contribution of these players

    2. Sarfaraz bats too low to have any real impact however he is a vital cog in the side as seen during the SL match in the CT match, that must have been like a dagger to your heart

    3. I did not list Sarfaraz amongst the main performers because it is hard to expect a guy batting at 6/7 to be the main reason you win a tournament

    4. Without Sarfaraz's captaincy we won't go very far

    5. You have absolute garbage mentality. LEARN TO ACCEPT THAT A KARACHI BOY IS THE CAPTAIN AND NOT ONE SINGLE PUNJABI WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO TAKE HIS PLACE.


    Last edited by Abdullah719; 20th September 2017 at 16:42.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  73. #473
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Let me make it super simple for you so that your tiny brain can comprehend.


    1. The players I listed are the main performers of the Pakistan cricket team and I said if Pakistan has to go far it has to be due to the contribution of these players

    2. Sarfaraz bats too low to have any real impact however he is a vital cog in the side as seen during the SL match in the CT match, that must have been like a dagger to your heart

    3. I did not list Sarfaraz amongst the main performers because it is hard to expect a guy batting at 6/7 to be the main reason you win a tournament

    4. Without Sarfaraz's captaincy we won't go very far

    5. You have absolute garbage mentality. LEARN TO ACCEPT THAT A KARACHI BOY IS THE CAPTAIN AND NOT ONE SINGLE PUNJABI WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO TAKE HIS PLACE.


    1. Sarfraz is then a passenger

    2. Captaincy is not a major factor in winning a competition then?

  74. #474
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,593
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    1. Sarfraz is then a passenger

    2. Captaincy is not a major factor in winning a competition then?
    Sorry I cannot make it any easier for you to understand. Please brush up on your english and have bucket load of badam and then come back to me.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  75. #475
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Sorry I cannot make it any easier for you to understand. Please brush up on your english and have bucket load of badam and then come back to me.
    You are flip flopping from not being in your list of important players to now "without his captaincy we won't go any far".... all seems very retrospective now.

    so if we have all the 8 players in your list playing, their good performance is intrinsically linked to Sarfraz in the team then? If that is the case, then why didn't you put Sarfraz in the list on this basis alone...

    The other Sarfraz fan boy mentioned his captaincy and put him as one of the important factors... which was fair enough and thus he was consistent in this thread and that one. You are not.

  76. #476
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,593
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You are flip flopping from not being in your list of important players to now "without his captaincy we won't go any far".... all seems very retrospective now.

    so if we have all the 8 players in your list playing, their good performance is intrinsically linked to Sarfraz in the team then? If that is the case, then why didn't you put Sarfraz in the list on this basis alone...

    The other Sarfraz fan boy mentioned his captaincy and put him as one of the important factors... which was fair enough and thus he was consistent in this thread and that one. You are not.
    Without Sarfaraz this team can win zilch.


    All hail Saifi.


    This will be my last post entertaining the filth you are spewing.


    #KeepcryingEagleEye

    #Punjabistan Na Manzoor




    #Mein inko rolaonga

  77. #477
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Without Sarfaraz this team can win zilch.


    All hail Saifi.


    This will be my last post entertaining the filth you are spewing.


    #KeepcryingEagleEye

    #Punjabistan Na Manzoor


    If they can't win zilch then why didn't you put him in the list of your important players?.... surely he needed to be at number 1.

    Well, you are stubborn, so I don't blame you for running away.

  78. #478
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    82
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With only 1 member having a stubborn attitude agaisnt sarfaraz speaks all. I thought this thread would have died down by now but....
    Honestly i feel sorry for @Eagle-_eye. I mean you can stop watching cricket because sarfaraz is the captain and with him winning matches for Pakistan tou aap se hazam hoga nahi.
    Honestly who else do you think is capable of leading the team atm. Please dont mention hafeez or malik as we've seen how brilliantly they've led our team

  79. #479
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,697
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Under the guise of "there is no other option" ...Yes let's create next generation of sacred cows like they did with the likes of akmals, butt, Hafeez, malik, shazad ... and many more... that really worked well in the past hasn't it?
    okay

    name a keeper to replace him in the t20 team ?

    Umar is the only viable option but he is off the reservation right now


    easy to be critical harder to find solutions


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  80. #480
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    3,159
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.06.15 PM.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  21.6 KBName:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.07.52 PM.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  19.6 KB
    Have posted this numerous times before, but feel the need to do it again.

    Sarfraz has been superb in the top5 in ODIs. His SR in T20s definitely needs to improve, but he's by no means a liability.

    He needs to realize that he isn't cut out for the death overs and needs to promote himself. During the CT, Mickey wanted Sarfraz to bat a bit higher, but Sarfraz for some reason thinks it's in the team's best interest that he plays at 6.


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •