Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    okay

name a keeper to replace him in the t20 team ?

Umar is the only viable option but he is off the reservation right now

easy to be critical harder to find solutions
    Again why is umar the only option.... need to break out of this cycle.

What has ICC trophy taught us... you don't need to go back to TTFs. Give some else from first class a go. How many teams are there? There is not one decent keeper who can be given a go from first class?

If there isn't, why are they not getting a bunch together and training them at national academy. With solid training of a year, someone will emerge.

We need to get out of this mentality of perpetuating this sense of entitlement for certain individuals. Representing your country is a privilege not a right.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Attachment 76339Attachment 76340
    Have posted this numerous times before, but feel the need to do it again.

Sarfraz has been superb in the top5 in ODIs. His SR in T20s definitely needs to improve, but he's by no means a liability.

He needs to realize that he isn't cut out for the death overs and needs to promote himself. During the CT, Mickey wanted Sarfraz to bat a bit higher, but Sarfraz for some reason thinks it's in the team's best interest that he plays at 6.
    As I have said before, Sarfraz needs to tone down the foghorn and start upping his game with the bat. If he's not going to bat up the order, then what's the point of him in the team?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Again why is umar the only option.... need to break out of this cycle.

What has ICC trophy taught us... you don't need to go back to TTFs. Give some else from first class a go. How many teams are there? There is not one decent keeper who can be given a go from first class?

If there isn't, why are they not getting a bunch together and training them at national academy. With solid training of a year, someone will emerge.

We need to get out of this mentality of perpetuating this sense of entitlement for certain individuals. Representing your country is a privilege not a right.
    I think few people have advocated youth as much as me on this forum, but there still has to be some substance behind the youth. So Ill ask you again what other keeper batsman especially for t20s is there in Pakistan ?

Rizwan - nope
    Jamal Anwar - Faded badly
    Umar - Crazy
    Rehan Afridi - doesnt have the game for t20s

If someone pops up they pop up

But you are acting as if this is as bad as Younis hogging a spot in odis for a decade.

T20s are the prestigious format, and we have plenty of time till the next t20 wc to find a keeper

Now i know you dont want Sarfraz in odis either. I agree he is close to worthless batting at 6, but I feel history and stats back me when i see he will be great at 4. It's a fair critisim that he needs to push himself up.

Either way you cannot take away credit from Sarfraz for the way he has handled the team. They look far more livelier and determined than I have seem them in a long time and have achieved more than far more that other Pak teams

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    okay

name a keeper to replace him in the t20 team ?

Umar is the only viable option but he is off the reservation right now

easy to be critical harder to find solutions
    Bismillah Khan

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Bismillah Khan
    he deserves more of a go in the PSL ill give you that

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Bismillah Khan
    Leaving the captaincy aside for a moment, Sarfaraz has better stats than he does!

This really is a pointless exercise.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said before, Give it a year...... All of you will be calling for his head...

I see the murmurings already started about him stepping down from t20...after just 1 series ...
    Absolutely, looking forward to revisiting if and when and maybe. Meanwhile, you are whistling in the wind.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Once again today shouting at the younger players at every opportunity.

Awful body language out there when the Sri Lankans formed a partnership.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Once again today shouting at the younger players at every opportunity.

Awful body language out there when the Sri Lankans formed a partnership.
    This is something Sarfaraz should have reflected upon during the offseason. I'm surprised that Mickey isn't noticing this as he needs to have a few words with Sarfaraz but then again Mickey loses his own head more often than not; a pair made in heaven!
    Last edited by hadi123; 16th October 2017 at 19:52.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor captain.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said previously that perhaps this type of behaviour is what Pakistani players respond best to. Perhaps it is, but it is still disgusting. Only an idiot would mistake this for passion.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I understand telling players off sometimes but it loses efficiency if you do it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Players will already know it's coming and look the other way.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Some players will respond positively to this but the majority will think why the hell is my skipper behaving like this and making a fool out of himself.

This could come back to hurt Sarfaraz in future.

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever he isbdoing works so all armchair critics can keep their criticisms to themselves. Results is what we want and he seems very effective

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some players will respond positively to this but the majority will think why the hell is my skipper behaving like this and making a fool out of himself.

How do you know its the majority. The majority of fans like this

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Whatever he isbdoing works so all armchair critics can keep their criticisms to themselves. Results is what we want and he seems very effective
    I'm going to respond in three words: 2009 Oath Taking.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chalo bhai phir shoro ho gaye.. Misbah and Afridi fans still not happy why Pakistan won 9 out of their 10 last matches in lois. Why have you guys so many problems why none of the players have?

Uncles ko aur kitnay arsay khilana tha ?? One was 43 other was 40+.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His body language is being over analysed too much. He has been much calmer since the India defeat in the CT

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz should me much calmer and dont say anything to players because he himself is not in good form. Let the team sink and continue flipping around no 7 and no 8 ranking. Should stop thinking about wins and top goal should be to achieve quarter and semi finals like his predecessors.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Useless player trying to make himself useful.... he will make himself even more useful if he is outside the team.

His position as a player is becoming the untenable.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Useless player trying to make himself useful.... he will make himself even more useful if he is outside the team.

His position as a player is becoming the untenable.
    Not sure how his position is becoming untenable - he lead the team to arguably the best tournament victory in years

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Chalo bhai phir shoro ho gaye.. Misbah and Afridi fans still not happy why Pakistan won 9 out of their 10 last matches in lois. Why have you guys so many problems why none of the players have?

Uncles ko aur kitnay arsay khilana tha ?? One was 43 other was 40+.
    The team will be even stronger without the foghorn going off every other ball.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The team will be even stronger without the foghorn going off every other ball.
    Yes like the 4-1 in England and Australia recently.. Almost the same team .. nahi ?

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz should me much calmer and dont say anything to players because he himself is not in good form. Let the team sink and continue flipping around no 7 and no 8 ranking. Should stop thinking about wins and top goal should be to achieve quarter and semi finals like his predecessors.
    But why only look at PAK captains?

Name any other current skipper who behaves in such a manner? There's a reason captains don't because it destroys team morale as soon as a losing streak starts.

Players turn on you in a heartbeat.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    But why only look at PAK captains?

Name any other current skipper who behaves in such a manner? There's a reason captains don't because it destroys team morale as soon as a losing streak starts.

Players turn on you in a heartbeat.
    I have watched many interviews since Sarfraz became captain and especially after CT win, and havent seen a single player complaining or criticizing Sarfraz. Rather all of them have positive words about him.. They sy he treats us like a younger brother and we dont mind even he says something loudly on field because its in the best interest of team.

What the problem when players dont have any ?
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 16th October 2017 at 19:59.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haters coming out in victory and defeat.

Fact of the matter:

Pakistan has won 9 off the last 10 LOI matches.

All hail Saifi

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most presentable captain in the world today....

IS not Sarfaraz Ahmad

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    there are 2 type of leaders one who sucks all the anger and burst it out later . while other is who is expressive at the moment it happens . whatever he does will not matter . i think the players already know he is like this on field and off the field he is calm . so it should not be any problem . and he only shouts for making them better

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I have watched many interviews since Sarfraz became captain and especially after CT win, and havent seen a single player complaining or criticizing Sarfraz. Rather all of them have positive words about him.. They sy he treats us like a younger brother and we dont mind even he says something loudly on field.

What the problem when players dont have any ?
    But that's my point.

It was AFTER the CT win.

What happens if they go on a major losing streak? Will the players still be as receptive to his behavior? Will a player that's already down about losing want to hear their captain yell endlessly?

It can quickly fall apart.

No one is telling him to tone it all the way down but he needs to pick his spots and I believe he's a fantastic ODI/T20I captain btw.
    Last edited by kingusama92; 16th October 2017 at 20:07.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But that's my point.

It was AFTER the CT win.

What happens if they go on a major losing streak? Will the players still be as receptive to his behavior? Will a player that's already down about losing want to hear their captain yell endlessly?

No one is telling him to tone it all the way down but he needs to pick his spots and I believe he's a fantastic captain btw.
    Tell me a single incident from domestic where any player has complained about Sarfraz the captain. He has been captaining domestic sides for quite long and before at youth level so you have all the internet to search from ..

Will again repeat the same: All players are ok under Sarfraz and youngsters especially are comfortable under him.. Just read what Shadab, Hasan, Fakhar, Babar and Imad said about him and yes thats before CT too. Read the players who played under him in Quetta and other domestic sides like Anwar, Asad etc. You guys are just overreacting.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In more civilised society, what Sarfraz does would be called bullying in the workplace.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for Ramiz for confronting Sarfraz about it. The following was the lame explanation according to Cricinfo: "The match position becomes this way sometimes and the temper comes out. The boys understand it and I always apologise to them later."

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But that's my point.

It was AFTER the CT win.

No one is telling him to tone it all the way down but he needs to pick his spots and I believe he's a fantastic ODI/T20I captain btw.
    It looks only good when a good looking handsome guy like Imran Khan does it, Wasim Akram said 'abusing' them was putting it lightly regarding Imran's behavior.

Or else you should get used to this behavior, all those people who put Imran Khan on a pedestal,

and if you don't wanna accept that, then make do with Azhar Ali and enjoy his losing streak.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Good for Ramiz for confronting Sarfraz about it. The following was the lame explanation according to Cricinfo: "The match position becomes this way sometimes and the temper comes out. The boys understand it and I always apologise to them later."
    On the contrary I dont like it. I would like to see a captain pushing his players to give the best on field rather than staying quite and smiling when payers aren't putting any effort. That should be the case every-time irrespective of captain's form. Ramiz putting unnecessary pressure. Umeed hai Sarfraz nay aik kaan sai suna ho dosray kaan sai nikaal dia ho.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Agreed. Good stuff from Raja.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This should rightly be pointed to him He needs to calm down Not only will the players rebel against such behaviour but it also puts them under added pressure in the field which is unnecessary

It doesnt do any good standing there staring down players and repeatedly shouting and screaming

He needs to reflect on his behaviour and mellow down

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember a certain Moin Khan who would be howling on the microphone all the time, never saw any complains about his 'uncivilizedness'

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It can and should improve but it’s bejnf blown out of proportion

Younis would often smile and laugh on the field but he also has assaulted other players and fans in the past ( though he too got angry as captain)

You have to look at the whole picture not just what’s most visible

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz himself is a Drag on the Team with his Bat and the Gloves ..... !!!!!!!

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadevdesai View Post
    Sarfaraz himself is a Drag on the Team with his Bat and the Gloves ..... !!!!!!!
    So when he pulls off a blinder like the one he did vs SL in the Test Matches, or the one he pulled off vs SL in Champions Trophy, why doesn't he get credit for that then?

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly, didn't our previous great captains like Imran Khan and Wasim Akram also used to shout at players during the games (on-field)?

There are several interviews of Imran, Wasim and other players of that era where they talk about getting a scolding from the kaptaan

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    If I remember correctly, didn't our previous great captains like Imran Khan and Wasim Akram also used to shout at players during the games (on-field)?

There are several interviews of Imran, Wasim and other players of that era where they talk about getting a scolding from the kaptaan
    Uff Wasim's abuses were always heard on camera, learnt some of the good words from our very own Wasim bhai swearing in the microphone.

If Wasim bhai once didn't have a B word in his mouth, that would be a rarity.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz haters can't find anything else, so they are saying players will revolt against him for bad behavior.

The way things are going, eventually one of these things will eventually happen in the team.

Most likely people will want Mohammad Amir to captain in all 3 formats.

Maybe because he will look more civilzed while swearing at some of his other teammates.

Like he was swearing at Azhar Ali, his ex captain in the CT final after he dropped Virat Kohli.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Remember a certain Moin Khan who would be howling on the microphone all the time, never saw any complains about his 'uncivilizedness'
    Scold a player when it's a major error, but the captain should not pick and choose which players he is shouting at and some of his behaviour is really unecessary.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scold a player when it's a major error, but the captain should not pick and choose which players he is shouting at and some of his behaviour is really unecessary.
    Maybe he is insecure about his captaincy? Maybe he knows how to pick because being in the bad books of seniors means automatically losing your captaincy. What happened with YK and the oath brigade when he took his liberties too far

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    These are Pakistani players who have grown up with the danda.

Shouting at them is what works

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I personally don't like the shouting and howling. But maybe he isn't a player that can control his emotions.

Not everyone can be like Misbah [he did moan at times...]. But if you give me a choice between the two I'd always pick Sarfraz.

One thing I don't like is the fact he's so reluctant to have a 2-man slip, and even at times anyone in slips. I actually hate that fact.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His antics were over blown in the West Indies and he was never disciplined accordingly, do not expect it to get any better now.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandapanii View Post
    His antics were over blown in the West Indies and he was never disciplined accordingly, do not expect it to get any better now.
    Should serve him tanda paani to calm him down.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A spade will be called a spade Whether sarfraz is from peshawar lahore or karachi

Shouting / staring down certain players repeatedly during a game doesnt do any good whatsoever

It makes him look bad on camera and gives the impression that hes someone who cant handle pressure

It adds pressure on the players and wont make sarfraz popular with them

The best leaders are those that not only win games but project a air of calmness under pressure

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Should serve him tanda paani to calm him down.
    He will take a tanda shower, do not worry.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He may be winning games but i can assure u if he carries on in this manner then sooner or later many players will say enough is enough

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandapanii View Post
    He will take a tanda shower, do not worry.
    What he does after the match, I dont really care, the important thing is to control the emotions during the match. Anyways, enough crying for tonight. Pakistan won so let’s be happy.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    WK's are always a bit chattery character - most of them are quite intelligent to get under skin & scold players. In some teams this actually keeps players in check. Here, I think, Srafraz's problem is that more than WK, he is the Captain as well hence people expect better from him. And, he is not helping himself by taking it to selective people; neither his on field performance helping him to establish authority. Some day, some kid is going to remind him to focus on doing his job better.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    He may be winning games but i can assure u if he carries on in this manner then sooner or later many players will say enough is enough
    I won't be surprised if someone soon tells him to shut up and score some runs to justify his own position.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SarfiBabarHaris, you are spot on yet again.

I have grown tired of fighting with these posters. Seems like most of them would prefer if we were losing in a polite manner.

Debut
    May 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet everyone is happy with win. When ithhappens. Pure hypocrisy from people. There is nothing wrong with is attitude. People use words like rude, disgusting. As I said before, same people are happy with win.

Today Water Younis was critising safraz all the time. Saying, look at him, needs to calm down, etc... What a hypocritical. Person he is. Yea, that's write Waqar Younis was the kindest, gentiliest, mostforgiving person. Who thought about others feelings. Ha ha ha what a joker. Carry Sarfraz get the dstick working on these guys.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If it aint broke don't fix it.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Leicester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he should concentrate on leading from the front in batting. Because his batting isnt up to standard. His bowling changes and field placements are great but batting he needs to step up. Show that aggression with the bat then we'll see.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may look ugly but maybe that's the only way to get results with these players. Perhaps he can do it in a slightly more subtle way....

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nads_rocks View Post
    Maybe he should concentrate on leading from the front in batting. Because his batting isnt up to standard. His bowling changes and field placements are great but batting he needs to step up. Show that aggression with the bat then we'll see.
    The team is crying out for him to take responsibility with the bat ..... but he is steadfastly refusing in doing so. Too scared to fail and chooses to hide..... what a great captain he is. Not.

Already been found out in test cricket... which is very unforgiving to cowardly non performing captains.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's an individual who does not expect mediocrity. He is definitely doing the right thing but obviously you shouldn't over do it. Our players seem to respond pretty well and would want to show their better side of their cricketing talent.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    He's an individual who does not expect mediocrity. He is definitely doing the right thing but obviously you shouldn't over do it. Our players seem to respond pretty well and would want to show their better side of their cricketing talent.
    Didn't he drop multiple catches today?

Someday a bowler is going to rip into him.

Regardless he's the best skipper in PAK right now and his batting is a greater concern. Needs to fix things out in the middle.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th October 2017 at 00:29.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Tell me a single incident from domestic where any player has complained about Sarfraz the captain. He has been captaining domestic sides for quite long and before at youth level so you have all the internet to search from ..

Will again repeat the same: All players are ok under Sarfraz and youngsters especially are comfortable under him.. Just read what Shadab, Hasan, Fakhar, Babar and Imad said about him and yes thats before CT too. Read the players who played under him in Quetta and other domestic sides like Anwar, Asad etc. You guys are just overreacting.
    I've never heard a player complain about their captain to the media (while in the team). That's not how things work.

It starts with internal bickering and then groups are created. It's happened with PAK teams in the past so it's not a new concept.

Team loses a few games, new leader emerges (nicer guy), and voila you have groupings.

Umar Akmal's reaction to Mickey Arthur's scolding was a sign of things to come. Let's hope the team keeps winning because this will fall apart on Sarfraz if they go on a losing streak.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Regardless he's the best skipper in PAK right now and his batting is a greater concern. Needs to fix things out in the middle.
    Not quite. One was an edge that he didn't go for [Tharanga off Raees] and the other was off an edge when Imad bowled to Tharanga and it went quickly off the edge and thudded off his body and rebounded to the slips.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistani players need captain like this

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Criticizing his OTT behaviour is fine but at least don't make things up.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Not quite. One was an edge that he didn't go for [Tharanga off Raees] and the other was off an edge when Imad bowled to Tharanga and it went quickly off the edge and thudded off his body and rebounded to the slips.
    I think you forgot this one.

Shadab Khan to Tharanga, 1 run, dropped? No signal from the umpire. The leg-break turning down leg, Tharanga can't meet with the glance as it is confirmed by the replay, Sarfraz doesn't glove it and it is given as run. Would have been interesting had Sarfraz held on

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind him shouting at players or the occasional abuse, that's part of competitive sports. What troubles me is the timing. As soon as there is even the slightest pressure, Sarfaraz's reaction ranges from anywhere between anxious to hysterical. A captain, occasional tantrums notwithstanding, should generally be a calming influence on the team and more so in crunch situations when players look up to their leaders for direction.

Now I understand that it is difficult to temper such behavior if an individual is prone to it but given his role in the team he should try working on this flaw instead of brushing it aside. Such behavior not just undermines the confidence of the team but also gives the opponents a psychological advantage in tense situations.
    Last edited by amvbfm; 17th October 2017 at 06:03.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I dont mind this yelling but players might snap back at him if he doesnt score meaningful runs soon.

A captain should make himself irreplacable in the team before he can dictate terms.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appalling behaviour by Sarfraz. Winning should not be used as a mask to hide this irresponsible behaviour. He doesn't allow Shadab any leeway when he's bowling. One short ball or one that goes for four, he starts berating Shadab. He should realize that leg spin is a difficult art and it's not easy to land the ball exactly where Sarfraz wants it to land. He shouts at fielders for no fault of theirs for not stopping 2 runs when 2 runs are there for the taking all day long due to the huge boundaries. Whenever the batting team exerts a little pressure by building a partnership, Sarfraz loses his marbles. One of the worst traits of a captain. In times of pressure, team mates will invariably look towards the captain and if the captain himself feels the pinch all the time and is all over the place, the team mates will succumb to the pressure as well. Sarfraz has no patience at all which is why I really genuinely believe he is going to make for a very bad Test captain where patience is paramount.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think you forgot this one.
    The obvious part being
    Sarfraz doesn't glove it

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a known fact Pakistan players do get complacent when defending lower and high totals. The captain needs to enforce intensity in the field and keep the fielders on their toes. One has to understand the gravities of being a captain as when you win, he gets the praise and when you lose, he will get criticised. I believe Sarf has done a wonderful job and he is learning captain. At least he has the guts to apologise to his team players as we all know ‘Sorry seems to be the hardest word’….

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    if they do they will be out, simple as that. everyone who holds down a job at a company or a government bureaucracy knows that suffering abuse from above is part the job. not much reason to believe cricket should be any different.

Debut
    May 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Appalling behaviour by Sarfraz. Winning should not be used as a mask to hide this irresponsible behaviour. He doesn't allow Shadab any leeway when he's bowling. One short ball or one that goes for four, he starts berating Shadab. He should realize that leg spin is a difficult art and it's not easy to land the ball exactly where Sarfraz wants it to land. He shouts at fielders for no fault of theirs for not stopping 2 runs when 2 runs are there for the taking all day long due to the huge boundaries. Whenever the batting team exerts a little pressure by building a partnership, Sarfraz loses his marbles. One of the worst traits of a captain. In times of pressure, team mates will invariably look towards the captain and if the captain himself feels the pinch all the time and is all over the place, the team mates will succumb to the pressure as well. Sarfraz has no patience at all which is why I really genuinely believe he is going to make for a very bad Test captain where patience is paramount.
    WOW!!! "Appalling, Irresponsible" Bet your still happy Pakistan wins. Or is that appalling as well. Pakistan players need to be kept on there toes. Its is Sarfraz's neck on the block not theirs. Lets wait and see if becomes a good test captain or not.. Cut him some slack for now.

Or we can go alsways back to the days of tuk tuk. Where the captain used to get a fifty runs plus a match and still lose ODI's.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep wielding that danda Saifi.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    The obvious part being
    It's a dropped catch.

Shadab Khan to Tharanga, 1 run, short but drifts down leg. Goes through Sarfraz's legs. One run given? Bad call, no bat, no pad. Should have been two. There was bat, says UltraEdge, so fantaaaastic decision from the umpire. So that counts as a drop, another one off Tharanga

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's a dropped catch.
    No matter what the commentary guy says at cricinfo/whatever online site [], if he didn't get a glove on it, it isn't a drop.

Also funny to see another supposed commentary tagged in your reply because the initial one mentioned Sarfraz not getting a glove on it

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The commentator saying that 'he didn't glove it' is trying to imply that he didn't catch it. He wasn't trying to literally say that the ball missed his gloves, like you are suggesting.
    I saw it live, although the edge at the time wasn't obvious, Sarfraz missed the take. Ultra-edge later confirmed that there was an ever so slight edge before sarfraz fumbled and dropped the ball.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th October 2017 at 20:22.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    The commentator saying that 'he didn't glove it' is trying to imply that he didn't catch it. He wasn't trying to literally say that the ball missed his gloves, like you are suggesting.
    I saw it live, although the edge at the time wasn't obvious, Sarfraz missed the take. Ultra-edge later confirmed that there was an ever so slight edge before sarfraz fumbled and dropped the ball.
    I watched the match too and didn't just go by what the commentator said.

Next time if you want to reply, tag me. Don't use symbols to hide your comment.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th October 2017 at 20:22.