Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    His captaincy isn't an issue, the main problem is that he is not setting any standards with his individual performance and fitness. He is one of the worst performing players in the squad, and that is not a problem when the team is winning. However, once the team starts losing, he will be the first one to bear the brunt of the fans because he is not making any contributions.
    this is what happpens when a captain become too nice to leave his batting position for his buddy.he should suffer.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His captaincy isn't an issue, the main problem is that he is not setting any standards with his individual performance and fitness. He is one of the worst performing players in the squad, and that is not a problem when the team is winning. However, once the team starts losing, he will be the first one to bear the brunt of the fans because he is not making any contributions.
    I agree but I feel that the reason he's not sending himself up the batting order is that the team is doing well so he feels it's worth giving youngsters a chance. I agree he has overdone it but I can sort of see his thinking. But he does need to start contributing otherwise his place in the side will come under question. He seems a bit too layed back since made captain rather surprisingly. Maybe it's just that the team is doing really well.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you are coming at no.6/7 consistently then I think the only thing that merits a standard by one's performance is judged is the keeping, and he has been doing that really well.. don't think anyone can forget the horror days of Akmal no-shows as wicket keeper batsmen and they were neither.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone doubts Sarf's ability as a batsman here are some good numbers from the man himself position wise

As an opener - 9 innings Average of 43.70, Strike rate of 83.7

As a no.4 batsman - 7 games at an average of 39.40 Strike Rate of 91.2

As a no.5 batsman - 9 games at an average of 60.14 Strike rate of 93.35

As a no.6 batsman - 11 games at an average of 32.13 Strike rate of 87.71

and then the average tumbles to 20s in lower down the order

Probably the only International standard batsmen in our team who consistently keeps his strike rate up and is the most technically sound. Without affecting the run rate.

Can play in the side only as a batsman too, if the situation came to the fore, his numbers are that good in the top 5 batting slots
    Last edited by waleed88; 6th November 2017 at 22:47.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that Sarf is not using his batting talents sacrificing his stats for the good of the team coming down the order, and a couple of aged-souls who will have no role to play if Sarfraz is the only one taking all the responsibility. The onus is on them to take Sarf's place.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    When you are coming at no.6/7 consistently then I think the only thing that merits a standard by one's performance is judged is the keeping, and he has been doing that really well.. don't think anyone can forget the horror days of Akmal no-shows as wicket keeper batsmen and they were neither.
    His keeping has been poor as well. He dropped around 2-3 catches and missed a couple of stumping opportunities in the T20 series alone. In addition, he is not covering himself in glory with his fitness.

He is a horrible hitter, but a good accumulator. One the other hand, Hafeez is a much better striker and if they swap their positions, both can be productive. However, you need a captain who has the guts to stand up to the seniors and Sarfraz doesn't.

He is happy to lash out at any young player, but he is all Mr. Goody Two-shoes as far as the seniors are concerned. It is hilarious to see how his attitude changes depending on the subject, i.e. if the player is a junior or a senior.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His keeping has been poor as well. He dropped around 2-3 catches and missed a couple of stumping opportunities in the T20 series alone. In addition, he is not covering himself in glory with his fitness.

He is a horrible hitter, but a good accumulator. One the other hand, Hafeez is a much better striker and if they swap their positions, both can be productive. However, you need a captain who has the guts to stand up to the seniors and Sarfraz doesn't.

He is happy to lash out at any young player, but he is all Mr. Goody Two-shoes as far as the seniors are concerned. It is hilarious to see how his attitude changes depending on the subject, i.e. if the player is a junior or a senior.
    He lashed out at Malik for one of his rare misfield as well

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I think you are exaggerating that quite a bit, the fact that you have to compare him to Hafeez is a pretty desperate attempt, Hafeez has been playing at his position, where he averages 60 while Hafeez is a sitting duck against any swinging delivery. Sarf has played fighting knocks on swinging tracks on day4/day 5 aussie wickets.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Yes I think you are exaggerating that quite a bit, the fact that you have to compare him to Hafeez is a pretty desperate attempt, Hafeez has been playing at his position, where he averages 60 while Hafeez is a sitting duck against any swinging delivery. Sarf has played fighting knocks on swinging tracks on day4/day 5 aussie wickets.
    You completely misunderstood my post, word by word.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    He lashed out at Malik for one of his rare misfield as well
    He may have for once, but generally speaking, he doesn't have much to say to the senior players in the squad.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You completely misunderstood my post, word by word.
    Not everyone can be a captain like Imran Khan, can do whatever they want, play whenever they want, skip series whenever they feel like. He's managing his workload and he's sacrificing his batting talents for the betterment of the team. If he plays at Hafeez's position what is Hafeez bringing to the team? Hafeez will not produce the blitz he played against India everytime, that was pretty much a one off vs India, he has shown vs SL he is fast declining.

Also I have yet to see a 37 year old play well down the order.
    Last edited by waleed88; 7th November 2017 at 12:57.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He may have for once, but generally speaking, he doesn't have much to say to the senior players in the squad.
    Next time he plays one of his useless shots (sweep or waft outside offstump) the bowlers should be waiting for him by the boundry & tell him off see how he likes it!!!

Seriously when was the last time he scored a usefull run? Overrated batsman.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karachi: Pakistani all-rounder Imad Wasim has termed captain Sarfraz Ahmed as the best thing ever which has happened to Pakistan cricket.

Imad told media in Karachi that Sarfraz is leading the side in a good manner and has instilled confidence in players and there’s no need for him or anyone else to think about becoming Pakistan’s captain in his presence.

“He doesn’t eye personal pride, he is always there for Pakistan and wants to do the best for the country,” Imad said after being named as captain by PSL team Karachi Kings.

“He’s the best thing ever that happened to Pakistan Cricket,” said the Wales born all-rounder.

Imad also said that no player ever feels offended for being scolded by Sarfraz in the field as everyone realises that it is for the betterment of the team.

“He’s always like this, he’s like a brother to us and everyone knows his style of leading the side. Those who don’t know him are making an issue, but we are comfortable with the way he’s leading the team,” added Imad.

“Sarfaraz is good enough a captain and there’s no need for me or anyone else to think of captaincy,” he said.

Imad also credited the team’s management for giving confidence to all the players, saying that the current atmosphere in the dressing room is the best he has ever seen.

The all-rounder, who was also the top T20I bowler for a brief period, added that players have realised how to carry the game and the team has started playing aggressive cricket which is need of the time.

“Team management deserves all the credit, the management is dealing with us very well. We have all realised the importance of fitness. We have understood how to carry the game. We have now started playing attacking cricket which is must for every format of the game,” he said.

“Coach, batting coach, bowling coach, fielding coach… everyone in management has been supporting players and the team environment is very morale-boosting, which is giving us confidence. The team atmosphere has given us the confidence that the Pakistan team is now capable of beating any team in the world,” said the all-rounder.

He also emphasised on individual performance and said that he’s working hard to perform according to the team’s requirements.

“Performance is everything for you, if you perform you’ll remain in the team and if you don’t you are out. You can’t survive on basis of favoritism. How much you’re respected in the team’s dressing room should matter for everyone,” Imad said.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Imad just shut up a lot of critics.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Not everyone can be a captain like Imran Khan, can do whatever they want, play whenever they want, skip series whenever they feel like. He's managing his workload and he's sacrificing his batting talents for the betterment of the team. If he plays at Hafeez's position what is Hafeez bringing to the team? Hafeez will not produce the blitz he played against India everytime, that was pretty much a one off vs India, he has shown vs SL he is fast declining.

Also I have yet to see a 37 year old play well down the order.
    Except that he is not doing it for the betterment of the team. He is doing it because he doesn't have the guts to stand up to the seniors. Sarfraz is not a top player but he is blessed with a good cricketing brain; he has a good feel for the game, and I refuse to believe that he doesn't realize that Hafeez has to go now. Unfortunately Hafeez has been allowed to call the shots on his own career, and demoting him to #4 is already enough 'gustakhi in his shaan'.

The guy is a cheat of the highest order. A shameless individual who will keep getting suspended ever year as long as he is playing. He might weasel his way out of getting banned, but come next year, he will be called again because he is a chucker. He should be dropped from the team on this basis alone.

Speaking of batting positions, yes the CT final innings was a one-off, but as long as the cheat is in the team, he will serve the team better as a hitter in Sarfraz's position, and Sarfraz will serve the team better as an accumulator at #4.

He can hit the ball better than Sarfraz, but the latter rotate the strikes better.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have much of a problem with Sarfraz's behavior in the field, it is a little over the top but most people have blown it out of proportions. I don't think the players have much of a problem with it, at least not the majority.

However, you have to be extremely naive to use Hasan Ali's interview to prove that the players don't have a problem with it. Even if Hasan and the players had an issue with it, how likely is it that they are going to talk about it in an interview?

Absolutely comical. It is like saying that player X hasn't fixed any matches because he came out in an interview and claimed that he is innocent.

Once again, for those who cannot read the first time, I am not suggesting that the players have a problem with Sarfraz. My point is that the rationale used (i.e. Hasan's interview) to prove that the players don't have a problem is hilarious.
    Your post reveals a naivety I wouldn't have associated with you.

1. Have you never followed Pakistan cricket? Are you seriously telling me if players were unhappy it wouldn't get out?

2. Even if I accept your reading and Hasan wanted to be diplomatic, the fact is he didn't need to answer the question if he had an issue with Sarfaraz. He could have part answered the question, he could have avoided it, he could have answered his own question etc. The fact he was so unequivocal and direct speaks volumes.

3. Let me guess if Hasan had said he did have a problem with it, then that have been believable and you would have accepted it at face value? I wonder why.

I guess Imad summed it up: "those who don’t know him are making an issue, but we are comfortable with the way he’s leading the team."

Let me guess, you don't know him?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Your post reveals a naivety I wouldn't have associated with you.

1. Have you never followed Pakistan cricket? Are you seriously telling me if players were unhappy it wouldn't get out?

2. Even if I accept your reading and Hasan wanted to be diplomatic, the fact is he didn't need to answer the question if he had an issue with Sarfaraz. He could have part answered the question, he could have avoided it, he could have answered his own question etc. The fact he was so unequivocal and direct speaks volumes.

3. Let me guess if Hasan had said he did have a problem with it, then that have been believable and you would have accepted it at face value? I wonder why.

I guess Imad summed it up: "those who don’t know him are making an issue, but we are comfortable with the way he’s leading the team."

Let me guess, you don't know him?
    That is because most people tend to be diplomatic. If Hasan or any other player would end up directly criticizing Sarfraz's captaincy in an interview, it would be quite alarming. It is unlikely for a player to openly criticize his captain in an interview.

You can look through the archives and I am sure you find a few interviews of player supporting Younis Khan's captaincy in 2009, but it didn't stop them from taking an oath against him.

My point is that even if the players had a problem (and I don't think they do, as I have already stated), they are not going to sound much different in their interviews. You won't see them coming out and speaking negatively and trying to dodge the question in such a way that it becomes more than obvious that it a smoke-fire situation.

These interviews are nothing but lip-service only and we don't need to read into them much. Whether the players have a problem with Sarfraz's attitude, or will have a problem in the future if he carries on like this is something only time will tell, but these interviews do not tell me much, because as I said, I don't expect a different response if the player actually had a problem.

Once again, I don't think that's the case. His non-existent performance as a player is a bigger problem than his behavior on the field, but these interviews do not strengthen my belief and conviction. For the record, I don't think his theatrical behavior is ideal, but I suppose it is still an improvement over the lack of energy that his predecessors displayed on the field.

To suggest that the interviews of Hasan and Imad have 'settled' the debate that Sarfraz's behavior is not a problem, or will not be a problem in the future is certainly naive.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 8th November 2017 at 14:01.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that he is not doing it for the betterment of the team. He is doing it because he doesn't have the guts to stand up to the seniors. Sarfraz is not a top player but he is blessed with a good cricketing brain; he has a good feel for the game, and I refuse to believe that he doesn't realize that Hafeez has to go now. Unfortunately Hafeez has been allowed to call the shots on his own career, and demoting him to #4 is already enough 'gustakhi in his shaan'.

The guy is a cheat of the highest order. A shameless individual who will keep getting suspended ever year as long as he is playing. He might weasel his way out of getting banned, but come next year, he will be called again because he is a chucker. He should be dropped from the team on this basis alone.

Speaking of batting positions, yes the CT final innings was a one-off, but as long as the cheat is in the team, he will serve the team better as a hitter in Sarfraz's position, and Sarfraz will serve the team better as an accumulator at #4.

He can hit the ball better than Sarfraz, but the latter rotate the strikes better.
    I agree on this point, even if Hafeez is eventually dropped from the side on the basis of his declining form, don't think his replacement Haris Sohail is someone who won't play below no.4, so either way Sarf will have to probably stay down the order at no.6

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree with you and specially about Hafeez. Plus Sarfraz needs to shout at seniors. He always goes quiet when they misfield.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Agree with you and specially about Hafeez. Plus Sarfraz needs to shout at seniors. He always goes quiet when they misfield.
    Are you kidding? He has ridiculed Hafeez on many occasions because of his lazy fielding. His fav shout towards him is "Hafeez BHHHAAIIIII" with a lot of anger. Nonetheless he gets his point across even to him. Much better than clowns like Misbah and Afridi when they were captains who never even showed an ounce of anger towards seniors or any other ex pak captain for that matter with exception of IK.

Btw this thread has been blown out of proportion. Not too long ago we were #8, Misbah's LOi career made us believe we are worth nothing and there are zero players in domestic circuit that can ever change that. Since Sarfraz has been appointed we have won the CT, brutally defeated SL 5-0 (when was the last time we swept them?). Fitness and fielding are on all time high. Sarfraz can shout, insult or make players cry on field for all i care as long as he produces results, which he has.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Pictures] Sarfraz Ahmed knocks the stumps after losing match to Pakhtoons

[B]Pics aren't crystal clear[/B]

Name:  saf3d.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  sarf1.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  sarf2.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  54.7 KB

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Childish.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    964 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Losing his marbles there clearly.

I been chasin and lacin tough guys for days
    Findin ways to erase em, and place em in the grave

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    stupid. His behavior is really going against him unless he is a supreme performer he should not be acting like a child.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    today his behavior was childish .. hammring anwar ali . getting angry on sammy and at the end he brake stumps .

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with his behavior...

He is comitted to the game and his team

Instead of criticism we should thank God that we do not have those 'cool' captains like Misbah and Azhar anymore who led Pakistan to nothing but humiliation in LOI

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is uncalled for and Sarfaraz should have been more mature, a fine on the match fees is warranted, but not surprising the kind of posters who posted here. They don't waste a second in spilling their hatred for Pakistan's best captain since IK. Love him or hate him, Saifi is here to stay. Karlo jo karna hai.

We don't want the era of achay bachay Misbah and Azhar.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    This is uncalled for and Sarfaraz should have been more mature, a fine on the match fees is warranted, but not surprising the kind of posters who posted here. They don't waste a second in spilling their hatred for Pakistan's best captain since IK. Love him or hate him, Saifi is here to stay. Karlo jo karna hai.

This acha bacha attitude has plagued our Cricket for a decade since Inzi took over..

Sick of it.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He can be a strict disciplinary without behaviour like this.

This might start negatively affecting our players and even Sarfrazs performances, needs to play it a little more cooler.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Getting a bit out of hand this.

Is it for the cameras? Is he trying to show that he's a tough leader?

He needs to reign it in.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big deal. Don't see what the issue is. The game is over. Those stumps are going to be taken out anyway.

A case of much ado about nothing. Might be the most pointless post ever created here.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This Was a bit OTT to be fair but nothing wrong with his attitude generally. For everyone who knows him off the field, he is the most humble and down to earth guy.

Some people are just angry that their english medium gentlemen weren't as good LOI captains as sarfaraz.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love him as a captain.

Wishing him more success.

The Underdogs

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Getting a bit out of hand this.

Is it for the cameras? Is he trying to show that he's a tough leader?

He needs to reign it in.
    or is it the pressure from franchise owners....

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz takes losses very badly; he looked pretty down when he came out for the toss for the last game (5th place playoff).

I think that's a good trait to have and it shows he will do his utmost to win each and every game, but he is a bit too emotional at times which is why he knocked over the stumps. As long as his team understands his nature, I don't think it'll be an issue. He should try and reign himself in a bit though, even for his own good.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    He can be a strict disciplinary without behaviour like this.

This might start negatively affecting our players and even Sarfrazs performances, needs to play it a little more cooler.
    It hasnt made negative effect on our players.

Read recent interviews of Hasan and Imad Wasim where they said it gives them more motivation, and some past videos of Shadab , Fakhar.

Sarfraz should cool down a bit that I agree with, he himself knows this and said few times that sometimes i even dont know what I did and watching videos later on makes me feel bad, and I say sorry to the players if they mind anything. As @Abdullah719 said, he takes losses very badly and wants to win. Asad Shafiq said the same for Sarfraz even for club matches in Karachi.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    This Was a bit OTT to be fair but nothing wrong with his attitude generally. For everyone who knows him off the field, he is the most humble and down to earth guy.

Some people are just angry that their english medium gentlemen weren't as good LOI captains as sarfaraz.
    Those English medium gentlemen deserve mediocrity and no.8 ranking.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Sarfaraz takes losses very badly; he looked pretty down when he came out for the toss for the last game (5th place playoff).

I think that's a good trait to have and it shows he will do his utmost to win each and every game, but he is a bit too emotional at times which is why he knocked over the stumps. As long as his team understands his nature, I don't think it'll be an issue. He should try and reign himself in a bit though, even for his own good.
    Guy is like that - it's perfectly OK for WK (though smashing wicket isn't suggested - problem is he is Captain as well. Had he done this in an International, I am sure it would have been a much bigger issue.

May be, he needs a cool senior head as his deputy. Not sure if Malik'll be interested or not, but Sarfraz needs someone to talk in field. I think, he feels alone in field and try to take whole responsibility - PCB isn't helping him either without assigning a deputy with whom he can talk 1 on 1 under stress.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Game is in a meaningless tournament. If anything this shows his passion. But he does need to try and regin it in if possible. We have other things to worry about rather than Sarfraz emotions after a defeat. More worried about our batting in LO.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Can't wait until he goes up to a player and slaps him in the face.

PCB needs to rein him in a bit.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an advocate of tough love and agree with the carrot and stick approach. These are the qualities a good leader must have.

However Sarfaraz needs to keep a cool head and not fall for the image created by the media and fans of him being a very vocal, emotional and at times angry captain. He shouldn't take it as an excuse to lose his temper in an international event. Letting out your frustrations and anger in an uncontrolled manner isn't the same thing as giving tough love.

This is a T10 nonsense and getting frustrated like that doesn't show your passion or competitiveness, it shows anger management issues and self consciousness.

There is a fine line between being harsh with your friends for their own benefit and being a tyrant who only sees red at every mistake and explodes like a volcano. A good leaders is aware of this and makes sure never to cross the line.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Showing frustration isn't the same as being disciplinary. This is my issue with Sarfraz. He should enforce proper discipline and high standards but in a proper way.

A leader who piblicly shows frustration when the going gets tough, is a weak leader! This is a fact of life.

Showing frustration = things aren't under my control. I don't know what to do. I am fed up. Please have pity with me and behave as I wish.

Instead a good leader knows how to take a defeat. At appropriate time he candidly and boldly tells his followers what their short comings are and how to work on them. He clearly communicates his displeasure and discontent. At the same time he praises those who did their homework and highlights the incidents where he was very pleased with the team effort.

Direct and bold approach >>> passive aggressive and showing frustration in a hope the others feel pity and behave as you desire.

When people are used to no discipline at all then being harsh by getting angry and showing frustration might work for a short period of time but with time resentments are bound to arise.
    Last edited by Sirris; 16th December 2017 at 20:01.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    There is passion and there is showing a lack of class and maturity. Sarfaraz is heading towards the latter.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good to see our captain has such a strong drive to win.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was between having a "Winning attitude" and a "gentleman, accha bacha attitude", I know which one I would be going for. Not sure while we praise Kohli for his aggressive attitude, why cant we just appreciate the same when it comes from Sarfaraz?

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    If it was between having a "Winning attitude" and a "gentleman, accha bacha attitude", I know which one I would be going for. Not sure while we praise Kohli for his aggressive attitude, why cant we just appreciate the same when it comes from Sarfaraz?
    Kohli doesn't berate his teammates often.

Most of his aggression is reserved to the opposition/umpires/unruly fans and even that has become toned down over the years.

This is advantageous because it creates an "us against the world" dynamic.

I don't think Sarfraz is remotely close to creating that mindset with his behavior. He rarely sledges the opposition because he's too busy having a go at his own teammates.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Good to see our captain has such a strong drive to win.
    This.

The softies on this thread should go back and watch highlights of our team under Misbah uncle and Azhar.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll judge him on his results as captain. He has led us to an ICC tournament victory and has experience of captaincy since youth level cricket. He's obviously capable, but he has his own methods. I'd rather not pass comments on it since I don't know the details of what goes on in the middle.

I personally love seeing him bring some energy to the middle, its been a while since we've had a captain like that. If it works for the betterment of the team, it works for the betterment of the team, regardless of how highly it ranks on the meaningless scales of critics: "class", "maturity" blabla.

What matters is getting the best out of the team and Sarfraz has done enough to show he's capable of doing so, hence he deserves backing, not criticism because he doesn't look as graceful as gilded gold eagle. If the results don't go our way, then we go and see if his ways warrant criticism.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Captains change and mould their styles with time. Who knows maybe in 2 years time we will see Sarfaraz mellow down and learn to deal with tough situations better.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now adays kids don't even know about rules. Go an study some rules first

[Kicking or hitting stumps] is a level 1 offense (clause 2) as per the ICC's Code of Conduct, which relates to abuse of ground equipment.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th December 2017 at 07:51.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is passion and there is showing a lack of class and maturity. Sarfaraz is heading towards the latter.
    This.

We all know how passionate Sarfi is, and it's excellent to watch him like this. But you need to take care of rules and you need to cool down a bit.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    This.

We all know how passionate Sarfi is, and it's excellent to watch him like this. But you need to take care of rules and you need to cool down a bit.
    Which rule did he break though?

it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    Which rule did he break though?
    Didn't you read post #690?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Didn't you read post #690?
    Is it a rule that's applicable after the match has finished?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is it a rule that's applicable after the match has finished?
    It's still abuse of ground equipment even after the match has finished.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    It's still abuse of ground equipment even after the match has finished.
    Is that an interpretation that you think or it is the rule.

Don't players take out stumps when the match is over and take them with them (except the new zing ones because they are expensive)?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Don't players take out stumps when the match is over and take them with them (except the new zing ones because they are expensive)?
    If it was an International, trust me, he was gone for may be 2 matches!! Absolute foolish act to smash sticks like that after losing a match. There is a difference between plucking wickets in joy and knocking it frustration after a match. The rule was introduced from a “role model” perspective, not for protecting the zing ones.

Guy is good at heart, but his grooming has something in it - he has to realize that he is PAK Captain and there are 20-30 cameras focusing on him. Problem with Uber fans is that, you can’t criticize - I don’t think anyone here has anything personal against him, he is extremely popular Captain still, despite his almost no show as a player, but his role is a national cricket captain, not a thug mob boss in Rajikant movie.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz always performed at crucial stages. Remember his TEST centuries against Australia & New Zealand. Also remember his ODI century against England as well as against Ireland in WC 2015. When the team was down and seniors like Younis, Misbah and Afridi acted like selfish. Sarfraz delivered.

I think he should come at upper numbers in ODIs. So he can score centuries. Because we are a selfish nation and don't realize someone's sacrifice. The sacrifice Sarfraz did by lowering himself in the batting order.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Pakistan will reach new heights under Sarfraz. Mark my post!
    A captain's value is undervalued by fans.. Just see SA how the same team has started winning under Faf and looks much better...

Sarfraz is the best thing happened to Pak cricket in years! He is not the most talented batsman or keeper out there but the value he brings to the side with his captaincy is unmatachable..

Younis was also a far better captain as compared to captains like like Misbah Malik Yousuf & Salman Butt. But his clashes with the PCB and politics by Malik & Yousuf within the team weakened Younis Khan a lot. Otherwise he would have been a lot better captain. But PCB made Malik as captain soon after 2007 world cup. If you remember Inzi played his last test under Malik. PCB wanted dummy captains. We played so well in under Younis Khan specially in 2 major ICC tournaments. ICC T20 and ICC Champions Trophy 2008. Younis wanted some changes in the side, but PCB was insisting for few players at that time.

Since the departure of Wasim Akram... Sarfraz is the best captain in my view
    Last edited by UN talkz; 17th December 2017 at 16:14.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    Nothing wrong with his behavior...

He is comitted to the game and his team

Instead of criticism we should thank God that we do not have those 'cool' captains like Misbah and Azhar anymore who led Pakistan to nothing but humiliation in LOI
    No one is spilling hatred over him, almost every one love him. But that doesnt mean that he should not be criticized if he do something wrong.

Aggression is an excellent thing, but if you show it to the opponent. There is no point in breaking rules, and also you should not yell at players like kids and telling them "Itni practice karranay ka kiya faida" That sort of sentences can demoralized bowlers more.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is difference between taking out the stumps with joy and knocking the stumps with anger. So rule stays same if the match is finished or not.

This sort of behavior can hurt him and Pakistan in international matches.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    This.

The softies on this thread should go back and watch highlights of our team under Misbah uncle and Azhar.
    Ok, so it means that he got the right to yell at the bowlers like kids and taunting them with sentences like "Itni practice karrany ka kiya faida" e.t.c

We all love Sarfraz no doubt. But he need to cool down lill bit. He should show aggression to the opponent, not to the stumps or your own bowlers.

It can hurt Pakistan at international level.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is becoming specialist captain so it may backfire what he is doing on the field.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't usually mix politics and cricket, but I think it's imperative we draw some comparison. From the looks of it, apparently, our awaam wants a White Angel to descend from the sky and lead the team and the country. I mean, because they expect a player to be aggressive and yet not shout. They want him to be proactive and not follow his template (established by 2 ICC trophies). Then they wish that he works on his batting but conveniently forget that he has sacrificed his No.5 spot for Malik/Hafeez, where he outscored all the English ODI "champion" batsmen in England conditions in 2016. Well, newsflash for you guys.....The world in not black and white. We have to make the most of the people we have. I see nothing wrong with his behaviour. Obviously when you are impulsive sometimes the anger spills over. He admitted it himself and said he apologizes. Even the players don't mind and recognize that he's doing it for them. If some don't like his captaincy, I would like to see them marshall his troops as effectively as Sarfraz does. Also, as far as I can tell, there is absolutely no one in the current team who can be a better captain, so instead of nagging, try and appreciate the hard work he has put in. There's no coincidence that his PSL team always ends up in the final despite lack of "star" players.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    I don't usually mix politics and cricket, but I think it's imperative we draw some comparison. From the looks of it, apparently, our awaam wants a White Angel to descend from the sky and lead the team and the country. I mean, because they expect a player to be aggressive and yet not shout. They want him to be proactive and not follow his template (established by 2 ICC trophies). Then they wish that he works on his batting but conveniently forget that he has sacrificed his No.5 spot for Malik/Hafeez, where he outscored all the English ODI "champion" batsmen in England conditions in 2016. Well, newsflash for you guys.....The world in not black and white. We have to make the most of the people we have. I see nothing wrong with his behaviour. Obviously when you are impulsive sometimes the anger spills over. He admitted it himself and said he apologizes. Even the players don't mind and recognize that he's doing it for them. If some don't like his captaincy, I would like to see them marshall his troops as effectively as Sarfraz does. Also, as far as I can tell, there is absolutely no one in the current team who can be a better captain, so instead of nagging, try and appreciate the hard work he has put in. There's no coincidence that his PSL team always ends up in the final despite lack of "star" players.

He should have not compromised his most suitable / best batting number for any other player. Specially for Hafeez or Malik who are the so called "seniors" but behaved as selfish most of the occasions through-out their careers. I think Sarfraz should come either to open the innings or even no.3 but he should not come below No.5... Never....

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People who are backing Sarfraz on this, how would you take if your father does the same behavior on every little mistake you make?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    People who are backing Sarfraz on this, how would you take if your father does the same behavior on every little mistake you make?
    Bro I get where you are getting at. But Anwar Ali and Sarfraz are both childhood friends, and there is a reason Anwar Ali always remains quite. Did you watch the match right after the one in which Sarfraz flicked the bails and slammed (verbally) Anwar Ali? Anwar Ali was the best bowler and was the reason they won that match. I know it's a weird way to motivate someone, but if the players aren't complaining then why are we? Also, I believe he is trying to improve on that aspect, so please cut him some slack and concentrate on finding a replacement captain that fits the bill that so many fantasize about. I believe he's our best option, but let's see.....
    Last edited by OmarKhan99; 17th December 2017 at 16:26.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    Bro I get where you are getting at. But Anwar Ali and Sarfraz are both childhood friends, and there is a reason Anwar Ali always remains quite. Did you watch the match right after the one in which Sarfraz flicked the bails and slammed (verbally) Anwar Ali? Anwar Ali was the best bowler and was the reason they won that match. I know it's a weird way to motivate someone, but if the players aren't complaining then why are we? Also, I believe he is trying to improve on that aspect, so please cut him some slack and concentrate on finding a replacement captain that fits the bill that so many fantasize about. I believe he's our best option, but let's see.....
    They were also the team mates of Pakistan Under 19 team who defeated India in the final of Under 19 World Cup 2006. That Indian Under 19 team had Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Chateshwar Pujara, Piyush Chawla.

Beside Sarfaraz Ahmed, there were many other current players were the part of that team, such as, Anwar Ali, Nasir Jamshed, Imad Wasim & Ali Asad.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prop558 View Post
    Younis was also a far better captain as compared to captains like like Misbah Malik Yousuf & Salman Butt. But his clashes with the PCB and politics by Malik & Yousuf within the team weakened Younis Khan a lot. Otherwise he would have been a lot better captain. But PCB made Malik as captain soon after 2007 world cup. If you remember Inzi played his last test under Malik. PCB wanted dummy captains. We played so well in under Younis Khan specially in 2 major ICC tournaments. ICC T20 and ICC Champions Trophy 2008. Younis wanted some changes in the side, but PCB was insisting for few players at that time.

Since the departure of Wasim Akram... Sarfraz is the best captain in my view
    Wasim Akram was a dodgy captain. Please dont insult Sarfraz by comparing him with Wasim. One's name came in Qayyum report with his teammates testifying against him and other is the first captain in Pakistan who reported spot fixing considering the risks. We are not talking about talent and tactics rather captaincy for PAKISTAN!

Sarfraz is the best thing happened to Pakistan after Imran. Patriotic son of soil, a true fighter!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Saw this video earlier... thoughts?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much every captain I've seen in any team doesn't behave like Sarfraz. Ponting could be a baby at times but never lost it. And his results speak for themselves anyway.

Calling Sarfraz's behaviour passion is excusing it. It's really not coping with frustration and stress. With anger management issues. You don't make someone a captain who is the worst at managing his emotions.

How can his antics lift the team if he can't lift himself above his own emotions?

A captain's uncontrollable 'passion' isn't good for any team. Young players need to be managed and given confidence. The best captains can do that.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Saw this video earlier... thoughts?
    This is what happens when you select mediocre bowlers Mr sarfraz.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Fielder A who is an experienced and senior player makes a mistake - Sarfaraz is silent and clapping him.
    Fielder B - who is a youngster makes a mistake - Sarfaraz goes crazy, swearing and shouting at him.

Is this really intelligent behaviour from a captain.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fielder A who is an experienced and senior player makes a mistake - Sarfaraz is silent and clapping him.
    Fielder B - who is a youngster makes a mistake - Sarfaraz goes crazy, swearing and shouting at him.

Is this really intelligent behaviour from a captain.
    I dread to think what you would be writing if Sarfaraz hadn't won Pakistan the CT.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    San Francisco, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, appreciate the objectivity from the site founder. Very classy.

Lets bring back M.Sami

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jazba View Post
    Wow, appreciate the objectivity from the site founder. Very classy.
    Truth hurts I guess.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Those of you lot who don't like Sarfraz as captain might as well have Azhar Ali back as captain because he doesn't shout at his team mates. I've been growing up watching cricket since 2011 and believe me I have watched some mediocre ODI's for a long time from this Pak side but ever since Sarfraz took over my interest in ODI's has gone up since he's a world class captain. An excellent tactician and leader he is and he's able to bring the best out of our players. No one said anything whenever Afridi used to shout at his players in the 2011 WC and we were winning A LOT of games in that tournament and it was one of the best world cups we've ever played in.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    Those of you lot who don't like Sarfraz as captain might as well have Azhar Ali back as captain because he doesn't shout at his team mates. I've been growing up watching cricket since 2011 and believe me I have watched some mediocre ODI's for a long time from this Pak side but ever since Sarfraz took over my interest in ODI's has gone up since he's a world class captain. An excellent tactician and leader he is and he's able to bring the best out of our players. No one said anything whenever Afridi used to shout at his players in the 2011 WC and we were winning A LOT of games in that tournament and it was one of the best world cups we've ever played in.
    Bro I belong to middle class family of Pakistan and trust me since Misbah took over kids with time stopped following cricket. You ask them something about cricket and they would say Pakistan cricket is so boring wth lack of passion and agression, what attraction do you guys find in it bhai. The passion of cricket was fading away. The Misbah recommended Azhar Ali which seemed final nail in the coffin.

But thankfully Quetta Gladiators made Sarfraz captain and he led them to final of 1st PSL which in turn made him Pakistan captain and thankfully now we see the same aggression, fighter attitude and passion for win. The results followed likewise. Misbha and Afridi fans will never understand it. For them what matters is good English, nice press conferences, mba degrees, lush hairstyle and fake accent!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth hurts I guess.
    It's not the truth though.

Maybe you should spend a little more time focussing on results rather than trying to unsettle the team.

The players have been very supportive of Sarfaraz's captaincy, yet the media is more interested in creating friction, and when that happens the media will be the first to complain about infighting.

It's a viscous circle, which has to be broken.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Bro I belong to middle class family of Pakistan and trust me since Misbah took over kids with time stopped following cricket. You ask them something about cricket and they would say Pakistan cricket is so boring wth lack of passion and agression, what attraction do you guys find in it bhai. The passion of cricket was fading away. The Misbah recommended Azhar Ali which seemed final nail in the coffin.

But thankfully Quetta Gladiators made Sarfraz captain and he led them to final of 1st PSL which in turn made him Pakistan captain and thankfully now we see the same aggression, fighter attitude and passion for win. The results followed likewise. Misbha and Afridi fans will never understand it. For them what matters is good English, nice press conferences, mba degrees, lush hairstyle and fake accent!
    Sarfraz is a passenger and his captaincy is nothing special. He just got lucky in the CT that Hasan and Fakhar were in top form which allowed us to win.

Regards