User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Shahzaib Hasan charged with breach of PCB's Anti-Corruption Code [Update Post #9]

Lahore April 11, 2017: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has today issued a Notice of Charge to Nasir Jamshaid for violation of Articles 2.4.6 and 2.4.7 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code requiring him to respond within 14 days.

PCB has also referred Shahzaib Hassan’s matter to the Anti-Corruption Tribunal.

PCB’s investigations with regard to any potential breaches of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code will carry on as PCB continues with its relentless commitment to uproot the menace of corrupt practices from the game of cricket.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the latest on Sharjeel Khan

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Nasir Jamshed has released a video - quotes

"Whatever being said in the media about me is wrong"

"I am not hiding from anyone, nor have I moved home (to hide)"

"I have no objections to meet the PCB but all I have requested is that the inquiry that the NCA is conducting in the UK be allowed to finish first"

"Like the PCB themselves stated that one inquiry should be completed first so they stopped the FIA inquiry"

"This is also my view that the NCA inquiry should be completed first and as it is PCB officials are in touch with the NCA themselves"

"My view is that the NCA inquiry should be completed first and then I will meet PCB whenever and wherever they want"
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th April 2017 at 14:23.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasir Jamshed is gone I think. May even get a prison sentence in UK. Just saw his video

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I just want Sharjeel Khan back and maybe Shahzaib Hasan, couldn't really care what happens to the other has beens.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If they're found guilty, they should [and will] be banned. No use "wanting" said players exempt from any ban or charges.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    so did shazaib do something bad? whats his matter?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    What's the latest on Sharjeel Khan
    That's what I want to know.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    PRESS RELEASE FROM ANTI CORRUPTION TRIBUNAL

Lahore April 21, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its preliminary hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:

1. Jus. ® Asghar Haider (Chairman)
    2. Lt. Gen. ® Tauqir Zia (Member)
    3. Mr. Wasim Bari (Member)
    4. Mr. Shahzaib Hasan, along with Mr. Barrister Malik Kashif Rajwana, Advocate
    5. Mr. Taffazul Rizvi and Haider Ali Khan, Advocates for PCB
    6. Col. ® Mohammad Azam Khan, Head of PCB’s Vigilance and Security Department

Shahzaib Hasan cricketer has been charged with breaches of Articles 2.1.4; 2.4.4; and 2.4.5 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code for Participants 2015.

The Tribunal in consultation with both parties agreed upon the procedure and timelines to be adopted under the Anti-Corruption Code. PCB shall submit its opening brief detailing its claims along with the evidence to be relied on 4th May 2017.

Shahzaib Hasan shall be provided an opportunity to respond by 18th May 2017 and PCB may, at its discretion, file a rebuttal by 25th May 2017. The Final Hearing shall commence from 1st June 2017 on a day to day basis.

Since under the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code the proceedings are required to be kept confidential, no further comments will be made by any party on the merits of the case.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pcb has nothing....to prove...time waist

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Free my bros Sharjeel and Shahzaib, they ain't done nothing wrong Honestly this is all a waste of time. However I somehow think Khalid Latif will get caught for some reason.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Nasir Jamshed is to appear before the PCB's Anti-Corruption Tribunal on Friday

He can either appear via video link or nominate his representative

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Khalid, Shahzaib adopt contrasting approach towards tribunal

LAHORE: While cricketer Khalid Latif continued to boycott PCB anti-corruption proceedings, another player Shahzaib Hasan showed trust in the tribunal, which is hearing the spot-fixing case reported at the second edition of the Pakistan Super League.

Khalid was to appear before the tribunal on Monday but his lawyer had announced on Saturday that his client would not appear before it as they had no trust in it.

Khalid’s counsel Badar Alam issued a press statement on Monday, saying they were not expecting justice from the tribunal.

He said all the three members of the tribunal had worked for the PCB in the past and the PCB disciplinary committee should hear the case first.

Badar further said the tribunal had refused to give him recordings of May 19 hearing in which PCB’s lawyer passed negative remarks about him.

He alleged that the tribunal had already decided to punish Khalid so they would not appear before it until their demands were met.

PCB’s attorney Tafazzul Rizvi said the tribunal watched videos of Khalid and noticed that grips of the bat found from his bag were given to him by a bookie.

He maintained that Khalid first met the bookie on Feb 8 and then on Feb 9.

Tafazzul said proceedings of the tribunal were moving forward according to the constitution and the case will most probably be decided by next week.

Meanwhile, Shahzaib’s lawyer Kashif Rajwana said he had submitted the reply from his client to the tribunal.

It comprised 78 pages and now the PCB, if necessary, would submit its reply on June 1.

“We trust the tribunal and as the PCB has already ensured us that it will not go beyond the proof it gave to the tribunal, we will not say anything which raises doubts over merit of the case,” the lawyer said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1334770/kh...wards-tribunal

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well done to Shahzaib and his lawyer then.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Although I despise Sethi for dragging the lads in such a scandal, I have to admit that Khalid is not doing himself any favors with being this rigid; he's essentially shooting himself in the foot with no point of return.

On the other hand, Shahzaib's lawyer seems someone who has more than a couple of functioning braincells and this type of cooperation can lead to him given a relaxed verdict. Smart Lad

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latif's lawyer is looting him

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Latif's lawyer is looting him
    Latif's case seems to be weakest. PCB apparently has solid evidences (including video recordings), what option does a lawyer have other than show mistrust?

Latif has, in all likeliness, been a major player who ruined Sharjeel's career, alongside his own. Hope he does get a hefty punishment.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shahzaib just have to get clear of one charge against him i.e inducing other players (which is a pretty weak charge against him). If he gets cleared of it then I expect a ban similar to Nawaz.

#1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    Shahzaib just have to get clear of one charge against him i.e inducing other players (which is a pretty weak charge against him). If he gets cleared of it then I expect a ban similar to Nawaz.
    His case seems pretty strong. Will get cleared I think. Also he himself looks confident about not being guilty

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    hope so because Pakistan needs him

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967