Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 113
  1. #1
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    5,408
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    West Indies v Pakistan | 1st Test | Jamaica | Apr 21-25, 2017 | Pre-Match Thread

    now the real cricket starts.

    given that this is a golden opportunity to secure a first test series win, I would imagine there will be no experimentation and the team will be a sub-optimal mix of tired players.

    squad: misbah, asad, azhar, babar, sarfraz, ahmed, hasan, abbas, amir, asghar, shadab, shan, salahuddin, wahab, yasir, younis.

    probable:

    1. shan 2. azhar 3. younis 4. babar 5. misbah 6. asad 7. sarfraz 8. yasir 9. wahab 10. amir 11. hasan

    my favoured team:

    1. shehzad 2. azhar 3. younis 4. salahuddin 5. misbah 6. asad 7. sarfraz 8. yasir 9. amir if fit otherwise asghar 10. hasan 11. abbas


    I think its pretty clear that wahab and amir are in serious need of rest.

    shan is crap.

    salahuddins fc record is vastly superior to babar's.

    no third seamer in the squads which is why the only choices left would be shadab - who will be way way out of his league as could be seen from his struggles in the 50-over format - and asghar who is entirely unproven but has decent fc stats.

    abbas has by far the best fc starts of all the bowlers in the squad, with hasan and amir close behind and wahab way, way, away and by far the worst.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,534
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shan
    Azhar
    Babar
    Misbah
    Younus
    Shafiq
    Sarfaraz
    Yasir
    Amir
    Hasan/Asghar- depending on conditions
    Wahab

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salahuddin looks to have a very good fc record but Babar has been playing so well it's mad to leave him out...for now. Obviously Misbah and YK will play all 3 tests.

    The only places open for debate are the opening slot. Azhar needs to play, he was easily the best opener of 2016. I'd prefer Shehzad over Shan but who knows, Shan might shine. It's sad that Sami isn't here.

    As for the bowlers, Shah has got to play and I reckon Wahab shouldn't be picked just yet. My 3 seamers: Amir, Ali and ... wait they haven't got another seamer?
    Last edited by dildildalwalla; 11th April 2017 at 23:19.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,534
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    Salahuddin looks to have a very good fc record but Babar has been playing so well it's mad to leave him out...for now. Obviously Misbah and YK will play all 3 tests.

    The only places open for debate are the opening slot. Azhar needs to play, he was easily the best opener of 2016. I'd prefer Shehzad over Shan but who knows, Shan might shine. It's sad that Sami isn't here.

    As for the bowlers, Shah has got to play and I reckon Wahab shouldn't be picked just yet. My 3 seamers: Amir, Ali and ... wait they haven't got another seamer?
    Abbas is there but he isn't great.

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,924
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Azhar
    Shehzad
    Babar
    Younis
    Usman
    Shadab
    Sarfaraz
    Misbah
    Amir
    Yasir
    Hasan


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Abbas is there but he isn't great.
    I forgot about him. So they'll have to play Wahab at least in the first 2 tests. If they win both I guess they can rest some guys.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,560
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shehzad
    Azhar
    Babar
    Younis
    Misbah
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Amir
    Yasir
    Hasan Ali

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,560
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    I forgot about him. So they'll have to play Wahab at least in the first 2 tests. If they win both I guess they can rest some guys.
    Wahab needs a rest. He should sit out test series.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A realistic team if the pitch is spin friendly:

    Azhar
    Shehzad
    Babar
    Younis
    Misbah
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Amir
    Yasir
    Wahab

    If the pitch is more balanced then I think Hasan or Abbas will play instead of Shadab or Babar, they might go with 5 batsmen and 5 bowlers plus Sarfraz if Shadab is not playing


    #InziOut

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    280
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1, Shehzad/Masood
    2, Azhar
    3, Babar
    4, Younis
    5, Misbah
    6, Asad
    7, Sarfraz
    8, Wahab/ Hasan
    9, Shadab/Asghar
    10, Yasir
    11, Abbas/ Amir

    The bottom 4 are in no particular order. There is no way Usman will make his test debut in the first test. Hasan will probably debut. Abbas might debut but not sure. Either Shadab or Asghar will debut. Amir will probably be rested. Wahab will play since it's the only format he's suited for and the ball will definitely reverse on these pitches unless they want to rest/drop him.

    Shehzad's horror show in the last 2 odi's could mean Shan plays and the retiring seniors will probably make sure this happens. Shehzad should play and find his feet at the international level again especially since he's decent in tests. Shan has no long terms prospects in the team since he can't even play Anderson in the Uae let alone England. He's a hard worker, supremely fit, and educated but just not good enough at this level.
    Last edited by A.A.Z; 11th April 2017 at 23:35.


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,349
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just don't pick Shan "dad's Dream ' Masood, rest I don't care about because the squads pretty good


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    11,753
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have to go in with 2 spinners, not much in these pitches for the pacers and ours are world beaters anyway.

    Also a solitary spinner means another 40+ overs workload per inns for Yasir which isn't sustainable nor fair.

    Although Masood is capable of getting runs against this WI side, I'll rather have Shehzad in for him as a better long term bet.
    Last edited by On_the_up; 11th April 2017 at 23:57.


    Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,259
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar
    Shizzy
    Babar
    YK
    Misbah
    Usman/Shafiq
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Amir
    Asghar
    Hassan

  14. #14
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    1,504
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Abbass should play

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    22,570
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar
    Babar
    YK
    Usman
    Misbah
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Amir
    Yasir
    Hasan
    Wahab

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My XI:
    Azhar
    Masood
    Azam
    Younus
    Misbah*
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz+
    Riaz
    Amir
    Shah
    Hasan/Asghar (depending on conditions)

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,154
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar
    Shehzad
    Babar
    Younis
    Misbah
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz
    Shadab/Asghar
    Yasir
    Wahab
    Amir


    The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    My XI:
    Azhar
    Masood
    Azam
    Younus
    Misbah*
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz+
    Riaz
    Amir
    Shah
    Hasan/Asghar (depending on conditions)
    I have Shan Masood over Ahmed Shehzad because the former is a left handed batsman.
    Amir shouldn't be turned into an all-rounder. That's why he is at 9 and not 8.
    Shah is night watchman with a good technique, not an all-rounder. So he is at #10.
    I know Riaz bats like a tailender these days, but we need him to step it up. He has shown his batting prowess before and can provide some quick runs with Sarfraz.

    I want Pakistan to either win or draw this series. Don't lose please.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    5,408
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    Salahuddin looks to have a very good fc record but Babar has been playing so well it's mad to leave him out...for now. Obviously Misbah and YK will play all 3 tests.

    The only places open for debate are the opening slot. Azhar needs to play, he was easily the best opener of 2016. I'd prefer Shehzad over Shan but who knows, Shan might shine. It's sad that Sami isn't here.

    As for the bowlers, Shah has got to play and I reckon Wahab shouldn't be picked just yet. My 3 seamers: Amir, Ali and ... wait they haven't got another seamer?
    its a tough choice for there number 4 - I was watching the pre-match discussion amongst mohammed wasim, Akram, Rashid and akhtar, and they highlighted that in their opinion babar is still early on the learning curve, and has some technical deficiencies in tests which is why his returns there are ordinary. they also mentioned that they think he will resolve them soon. given the two big guns are going, id personally prefer to go for the guy who has more experience and a better comparative record, but its a tough and controversial.

    shan is so bad, his record speaks for himself. the long format is easily shehzads best, and his record is significantly better than Shans so thats a no brainer for me.

    there is one more bowler - abbas, he's been a leading wicket taker in the past two seasons and was outstanding in the prep camps. he's medium pace but apparently quick off the pitch - he has been taking tonnes of wickets in first class, has an excellent record and has received accolades from asif.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    5,408
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    A realistic team if the pitch is spin friendly:

    Azhar
    Shehzad
    Babar
    Younis
    Misbah
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Amir
    Yasir
    Wahab

    If the pitch is more balanced then I think Hasan or Abbas will play instead of Shadab or Babar, they might go with 5 batsmen and 5 bowlers plus Sarfraz if Shadab is not playing
    if you're playing two leagues, you have to have at least one right hander to create rough or else its not worth it.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    1,504
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    there is one more bowler - abbas, he's been a leading wicket taker in the past two seasons and was outstanding in the prep camps. he's medium pace but apparently quick off the pitch - he has been taking tonnes of wickets in first class, has an excellent record and has received accolades from asif.
    Mohammad Abbass has been bowling along with Mohammad Asif who speaks highly of the former.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    if you're playing two leagues, you have to have at least one right hander to create rough or else its not worth it.
    they won't play 2 debutants in the first test, only 1 debutant will play, Amir and Wahab both will play first test because ExperienceTM


    #InziOut

  23. #23
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    1,504
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure whats the hype about Asad Shafiq he's nothing special always fails in pressure situations.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,348
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I am not sure who's failure would would give me more satisfaction: shehzad or masood.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    5,408
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    they won't play 2 debutants in the first test, only 1 debutant will play, Amir and Wahab both will play first test because ExperienceTM
    Im not sure I agree, cant see why they wouldn't play two debutants if it fit. the advantage on the one hand is that its recent debutants that have performed in babar, shadab, hasan, so theres a good excuse to play them even if one or both fails. on the other hand, shadab has shown he's not ready for odis let alone tests, so I don't think theres a chance he gets picked. he's not well practiced enough.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    4,251
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How could you bring Shan back?

    Likely awful XI is

    Shan
    Hafeez
    Azhar
    YK
    Misbah
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,640
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the aim shouldnbe to win the first 2 tests and play usman n shadab in the last one. babar amir wahab and hassan can go home early n rest up


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,640
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will be shocked if azhar doesnt open with shaan
    i will be shocked if babar doesnt play at 3.
    i will be shocked if we dont play 6-1-4, though with impendijg retirements we should be thinking 5-1-2-3 especially if shadab can really bat
    i will be shocked if amir and wahab dont start the first game
    so i will be shocked if the team is anything othed than the below;

    azhar
    shan
    babar
    younis
    misbah
    shafiq
    sarfaraz
    wahab
    amir
    yasir
    hasan/asghar depending on wicket

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,640
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and agree that yes this is the real cricket!!
    i said all along i want misbah to retire after leading us to first ever series win in windies!!

  30. #30
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,348
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    i will be shocked if azhar doesnt open with shaan
    i will be shocked if babar doesnt play at 3.
    i will be shocked if we dont play 6-1-4, though with impendijg retirements we should be thinking 5-1-2-3 especially if shadab can really bat
    i will be shocked if amir and wahab dont start the first game
    so i will be shocked if the team is anything othed than the below;

    azhar
    shan
    babar
    younis
    misbah
    shafiq
    sarfaraz
    wahab
    amir
    yasir
    hasan/asghar depending on wicket
    I would be shocked if wahab plays

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    13,724
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar
    Shehzad
    Babar
    Younis
    Misbah
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz
    Yasir
    Wahab
    Hasan
    Asghar

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    its a tough choice for there number 4 - I was watching the pre-match discussion amongst mohammed wasim, Akram, Rashid and akhtar, and they highlighted that in their opinion babar is still early on the learning curve, and has some technical deficiencies in tests which is why his returns there are ordinary. they also mentioned that they think he will resolve them soon. given the two big guns are going, id personally prefer to go for the guy who has more experience and a better comparative record, but its a tough and controversial.

    shan is so bad, his record speaks for himself. the long format is easily shehzads best, and his record is significantly better than Shans so thats a no brainer for me.

    there is one more bowler - abbas, he's been a leading wicket taker in the past two seasons and was outstanding in the prep camps. he's medium pace but apparently quick off the pitch - he has been taking tonnes of wickets in first class, has an excellent record and has received accolades from asif.
    But I'm not sure if debuting Abbas in the first two tests which Pak must win is a good idea. I'd go with the experience and pace of Wahab.

    As for batting, I guess an argument can be made for keeping Babar out but he is in such form and the WI are so mediocre that he will do well.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,528
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Would go Azhar, Babar, Salahuddin, Younis, Misbah, Shafiq, Sarfraz, Amir, Yasir, Hasan, Asghar.

    However one of Shehzad or Masood will probably play, neither are good enough long-term and never should've replaced Sami Aslam.

    There's a warm-up match in Trelawny so I'd expect the XI to start will be the one in Jamaica.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Waiting eagerly for this series to start. WI are no push overs in test cricket at home.


    ...

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,280
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for this series

    Azhar
    Babar
    Usman
    Younis
    Misbah
    Sarfi
    Shadab
    Amir
    Wahab
    Hasan
    Yasir


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,326
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a warm up game first, whoever does well in that match should get a game in this test

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,809
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Azhar
    Shehzad
    Babar
    Younis
    Usman
    Shadab
    Sarfaraz
    Misbah
    Amir
    Yasir
    Hasan
    No Shafiq ?


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,518
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    For the first test:

    1) Shehzad
    2) Azhar
    3) Babar
    4) Younis
    5) Shafiq
    6) Misbah (c)
    7) Sarfaraz (wk)
    8) Asghar
    9) Shah
    10) Amir
    11) Riaz


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,518
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    the aim shouldnbe to win the first 2 tests and play usman n shadab in the last one. babar amir wahab and hassan can go home early n rest up
    This. The last test should be a farewell for Younis and Misbah and a glimpse of the future. Salahuddin and Shadab should be given a debut in this series and Babar and Amir should be rested for a game.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,889
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing XI:

    Ahmed Shehzad
    Azhar Ali
    Babar Azam
    Younis Khan
    Misbah Ul Haq(C)
    Asad Shafiq
    Sarfraz Ahmed(Wk)
    Shadab Khan
    Mohammed Amir
    Wahab Riaz/Hasan Ali
    Yasir Shah

  41. #41
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,924
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    No Shafiq ?
    No, he's too soft.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    No, he's too soft.
    too bad our management thinks he'll fill the shoes of Misbah.
    so inconsistent player, don't deserve to play regularly


    #InziOut

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,015
    Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah yes the boring part of the tour. Hope we quickly get this out of the way and focus on bigger things like the CT.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,138
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali
    Usman Salahuddin
    Asad Shafiq
    Younis Khan
    Misbah-ul-Haq
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Shadab Khan
    Mohammad Asghar
    Yasir Shah
    Wahab Riaz
    Hasan Ali
    Last edited by Abdul; 12th April 2017 at 23:32.


    Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12,752
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Utter joke Sami's been dropped. Guy has one bad test series in Aus of all places and replaced him. The last time we had a good opener before than was Saeed Anwar. The reason why hafeez lasted so long despite him being average was because he was better than the rest, Butt, Farhat, Khurram, Shan etc. We finally find a guy who looks not only better than Hafeez, but actually has potential to be a great opener as well as youth on his side and he's dropped.

    1. Shehzad (think he'll be better in tests than LOI, and has a decent record in it so far at least
    2. Azhar
    3. Asad (he needs to take responsibility here he's the experienced guy, babar's not ready)
    4. Younis
    5. Misbah
    6. Babar
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Yasir Shah
    9. Amir
    10. Abbas
    11. Hasan Ali

  46. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    23,816
    Mentioned
    7107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Hope Usman gets a game. Looks like a compact batsman from what I've seen of him.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,532
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Azhar Ali
    Babar Azam
    Younis Khan
    Misbah-ul-Haq*
    Asad Shafiq
    Sarfraz Ahmed (VC) (WK)
    Yasir Shah
    Mohammad Amir
    Wahab Riaz
    Mohammad Asghar

    The most realistic XI.

    Shadab playing will mean one of Babar/Shafiq getting dropped which obviously will not happen, so we gotta keep it real.

    Salahuddin's debut is only 3 months away tops. No need to force him into the side right now.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  48. #48
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    410
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahmad shahzad must give a go in test match foreseeing CT2017 if he scored will give him confidence.
    Azhar
    Babar
    Younis
    Misbah
    Asad
    Sarfraz
    Yasir
    Amir
    Wahab
    Abbass/ Asghar depending on wicket

    No shadab and Hassan. Left them with team and enjoy. Don't be over burden.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,280
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Just for this series

    Azhar
    Babar
    Usman
    Younis
    Misbah
    Sarfi
    Shadab
    Amir
    Wahab
    Hasan
    Yasir
    2 spinners are a must. Maybe 3. Would replace a pacer with Asghar.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    962
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    can someone post the windies team?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,015
    Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    can someone post the windies team?
    the windies team


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  52. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too early for shadab. Let him preserve for champions trophy

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,326
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    can someone post the windies team?
    hasn't been named

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,694
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abbas should play in place of Wahab, instead of Hasan.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,231
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Azhar Ali
    Younis Khan
    Babar Azam
    Misbah Ul Haq (c)
    Asad Shafiq
    Sarfraz Ahmed (wk)
    Shadab Khan
    Wahab Riaz
    Hasan Ali
    Yasir Shah

    that would be my team for the 1st Test.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,231
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    bar any bad weather we should whitewash them in this series. Surely our Windies hoodoo has to be over now.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    714
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Shadab gets a chance in the series. He will be able to showcase his batting talent in the tests.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,280
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    I hope Shadab gets a chance in the series. He will be able to showcase his batting talent in the tests.
    Yep thats what i hope too.
    He is a proper batsman.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,331
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad
    Azhar
    Babar
    Yk
    Misbah
    Asad
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Yasir
    Wahab
    Amir

    Shehzad is better than shan.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,112
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's unlikely but I hope Usman gets to make his Test debut in this series.






    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,280
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It's unlikely but I hope Usman gets to make his Test debut in this series.




    classy bat.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  62. #62
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    451
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali
    Shan Masood
    Babar Azam
    Younus Khan
    Misbah Ul Haq
    Asad Shafiq
    Sarfaraz Ahmed
    Mohammad Amir
    Yasir Shah
    Mohammad Asghar
    Hasan Ali

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir the wicket taker has to prove himself. He will not be automatic choice in future

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    714
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Shehzad.
    2 Azhar.
    3 Babar.
    4 YK.
    5 Misbah.
    6 Asad.
    7 Sarfaraz.
    8 Shadab.
    9 Yasir.
    10 Wahab.
    11 Hassan.

  65. #65
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    news channel reporting team management has asked for rahat ali.selection commitee has rejected.
    what is team management upto

  66. #66
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,374
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar
    Shehzad
    Shafiq
    Younis
    Misbah
    Babar
    Sarfraz
    Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Asghar
    Yasir

    Best XI IMO.

  67. #67
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team for the first test match:

    1. Azhar Ali
    2. Shehzad
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Younis Khan
    5. Misbah ul Haq
    6. Asad Shafiq
    7. Sarfaraz Ahmed
    8. Shadab Khan
    9. Yasir Shah
    10. Amir
    11. Hassan Ali

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The pitch in Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica usually has it for something in it for pacers.

    So I would go with a bowling attack of:

    Mohammad Amir
    Hasan Ali/Mohammad Abbas
    Wahab Riaz
    Yasir Shah
    Asad Shafiq


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Abbas is there but he isn't great.
    But he might be better than Hasan, who seems to me a good ODI bolwer but probably not a wicket taker in test.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,534
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    But he might be better than Hasan, who seems to me a good ODI bolwer but probably not a wicket taker in test.
    Abbas being a medium pacer needs to be skilled with the ball to pick up wickets- something that I personally haven't seen.

    The longer format is most suited to Hasan's style of bowling...

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,978
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Very dangerous signs in the warm-up match:

    Hassan Ali 2 maidens in 21 overs

    Yasir Shah 0 maidens in 24 overs

    The key bowlers in the Test are Amir and Wahab. I personally think that Misbah's fields have set Yasir Shah back so very far that I would select Shadab Khan instead - which strengthens the batting too as the tail becomes:

    8. Shadab Khan
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Hassan Ali
    11. Wahab Riaz

    Still a lightweight attack though.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    962
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    The pitch in Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica usually has it for something in it for pacers.

    So I would go with a bowling attack of:

    Mohammad Amir
    Hasan Ali/Mohammad Abbas
    Wahab Riaz
    Yasir Shah
    Asad Shafiq
    asad shafiq?


    To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    asad shafiq?
    Yes. The off-spin all-rounder.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    too bad our management thinks he'll fill the shoes of Misbah.
    so inconsistent player, don't deserve to play regularly
    Really? Or are you joking? He has 5 centuries in 2 years manly batting at 6, averages over 50 and 4 centuries are away (Bang, SL, Eng and Aus). He almost won us the closest test we've had against Aus in Aus. Shafiq is the best lower order batsman on the planet.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    Really? Or are you joking? He has 5 centuries in 2 years manly batting at 6, averages over 50 and 4 centuries are away (Bang, SL, Eng and Aus). He almost won us the closest test we've had against Aus in Aus. Shafiq is the best lower order batsman on the planet.
    I don't know where to begin.

    Shafiq got 5 ducks last year, most by a Pak test batsman, all while he is supposed to be on his peak, don't forget 2 pairs, 1 in Eng and 1 in UAE vs WI. He has lost us more games than he has helped us win.

    His 100 in Aus is the most overrated performance since that Wahab spell. He got out while Yasir held up the other end. It was Shafiq who lost concentration and we lost, he was also dropped on 72 so even that 100 was lucky, conditions also became batting friendly.
    He has most 100s at 6 because he has played a ton of games at number 6, usually good batsmen get promoted when they're doing good at 6, but whenever Shafiq was promoted, he failed. There are a dozen batsmen who have a better average at 6. Heck, even Sarfraz has a slightly better overall average than Shafiq, and he has played almost all of his games at 7.
    If I ask you to give me 1 game where Shafiq has single handedly won us a test or even played a match winning innings when everyone else failed, You'll fail to point that out.
    Last edited by Citizen4; 16th April 2017 at 16:12.


    #InziOut

  76. #76
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,112
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    I don't know where to begin.

    Shafiq got 5 ducks last year, most by a Pak test batsman, all while he is supposed to be on his peak, don't forget 2 pairs, 1 in Eng and 1 in UAE vs WI. He has lost us more games than he has helped us win.

    His 100 in Aus is the most overrated performance since that Wahab spell. He got out while Yasir held up the other end. It was Shafiq who lost concentration and we lost, he was also dropped on 72 so even that 100 was lucky, conditions also became batting friendly.
    He has most 100s at 6 because he has played a ton of games at number 6, usually good batsmen get promoted when they're doing good at 6, but whenever Shafiq was promoted, he failed. There are a dozen batsmen who have a better average at 6. Heck, even Sarfraz has a slightly better overall average than Shafiq, and he has played almost all of his games at 7.
    If I ask you to give me 1 game where Shafiq has single handedly won us a test or even played a match winning innings when everyone else failed, You'll fail to point that out.
    Yeah, no credit to Starc for bowling that bouncer at all. Be fair.

    Most of your other points have some merit, but not this one.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Yeah, no credit to Starc for bowling that bouncer at all. Be fair.

    Most of your other points have some merit, but not this one.
    yeah like it was the first time he faced a Starc bouncer? He faced dozens of such bouncers before, lost his concentration and got out, heck, even Yasir was playing those bouncers and world famous Starc Yorkers with ease before Shafiq got out.
    Loss of concentration is the reason Shafiq has failed to score even 1 big 100 (150+) nd now he is considered a master of ducks


    #InziOut

  78. #78
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,259
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Azhar
    Shehzad
    Babar
    Younis
    Usman
    Shadab
    Sarfaraz
    Misbah
    Amir
    Yasir
    Hasan
    Misbah at #8?

  79. #79
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,112
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    yeah like it was the first time he faced a Starc bouncer? He faced dozens of such bouncers before, lost his concentration and got out, heck, even Yasir was playing those bouncers and world famous Starc Yorkers with ease before Shafiq got out.
    Loss of concentration is the reason Shafiq has failed to score even 1 big 100 (150+) nd now he is considered a master of ducks
    You need to realise that the opposition is there to try and stop you from winning.

    Asad didn't throw it away that day, Starc got him out. It was a great delivery, specially considering the number of overs he had bowled and that it was a Day 5 pitch.

    Other criticisms of Shafiq are mostly valid but he will remain a fixture in the lineup and will probably move up a spot when Misbah goes. He'll have to make it count, though. Goes missing far too often.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  80. #80
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,889
    Mentioned
    599 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quite a few posters don't have wahab in their lineup. Are you kidding me? He was quite comfortably our best bowler Down Under and you want to drop him? If anything Yasir should be dropped. Don't play a spinner for the heck of it.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •