May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shafiq should definitely not be dropped. Of course, people will have their personal agendas against him, but he is a pretty good player. Average is around 40 which is fine for a #6. Lack of big scores is also due to his batting position. As he is not a quick scorer like Gilchrist or Stokes.

He should be more consistent though to get to the next level. Especially as he enters his prime. Needs a lot of more runs and/or a man of the series. Has an opportunity here against WI.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Shafiq should definitely not be dropped. Of course, people will have their personal agendas against him, but he is a pretty good player. Average is around 40 which is fine for a #6. Lack of big scores is also due to his batting position. As he is not a quick scorer like Gilchrist or Stokes.

He should be more consistent though to get to the next level. Especially as he enters his prime. Needs a lot of more runs and/or a man of the series. Has an opportunity here against WI.
    He can't take ODI pressure. We have been down this road many a time. Look at his record. There are other options.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    He can't take ODI pressure. We have been down this road many a time. Look at his record. There are other options.
    Was talking Test matches.

If this off-spin experiment works, then we can finally say goodbye to Hafeez.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    I don't know where to begin.

Shafiq got 5 ducks last year, most by a Pak test batsman, all while he is supposed to be on his peak, don't forget 2 pairs, 1 in Eng and 1 in UAE vs WI. He has lost us more games than he has helped us win.

His 100 in Aus is the most overrated performance since that Wahab spell. He got out while Yasir held up the other end. It was Shafiq who lost concentration and we lost, he was also dropped on 72 so even that 100 was lucky, conditions also became batting friendly.
    He has most 100s at 6 because he has played a ton of games at number 6, usually good batsmen get promoted when they're doing good at 6, but whenever Shafiq was promoted, he failed. There are a dozen batsmen who have a better average at 6. Heck, even Sarfraz has a slightly better overall average than Shafiq, and he has played almost all of his games at 7.
    If I ask you to give me 1 game where Shafiq has single handedly won us a test or even played a match winning innings when everyone else failed, You'll fail to point that out.
    You can look at every batsman's season and find faults but tell me how someone with 5 centuries in 2 years (with not as many tests as other teams play i n2 years) and an average of over 50, with that average over 60 in the period Pak were unbeaten, is inconsistent?

You haven't backedu p your own claim.

No idea what your problem with Shafiq is but it obviously isnt about cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    You can look at every batsman's season and find faults but tell me how someone with 5 centuries in 2 years (with not as many tests as other teams play i n2 years) and an average of over 50, with that average over 60 in the period Pak were unbeaten, is inconsistent?

You haven't backedu p your own claim.

No idea what your problem with Shafiq is but it obviously isnt about cricket.

Blatant and shameless lies, a pathetic reply to my post which was filled with 100% truth.

When did Shafiq average 50 over the course of a year?! He's nowhere near our best batsman

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

Since the start of Last year:

Azhar 60.95
    Yonis 45.31
    Sami 36.35
    Sarfraz 36.22
    Shafiq 34.86

even if you look at the stats since the start of 2015, Shafiq is still 5th best in terms of average.

IF most ducks in a calender year by a Pak test batsman isn't inconstent in your book, I don't know what will be then. keep living in your fantasy and enjoy supreme delusion with some whipped cream

#InziOut

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Was talking Test matches.

If this off-spin experiment works, then we can finally say goodbye to Hafeez.
    Best bowler of the tour game after Amir.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team for first Test

Ahmed Shehzad
    Azhar Ali
    Babar Azam
    Younis Khan
    Misbah Ul Haq
    Asad Shafiq
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Shadab Khan
    Mohammed Amir
    Wahab Riaz/Hasan Ali
    Yasir Shah

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post

Blatant and shameless lies, a pathetic reply to my post which was filled with 100% truth.

When did Shafiq average 50 over the course of a year?! He's nowhere near our best batsman

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

Since the start of Last year:

Azhar 60.95
    Yonis 45.31
    Sami 36.35
    Sarfraz 36.22
    Shafiq 34.86

even if you look at the stats since the start of 2015, Shafiq is still 5th best in terms of average.

IF most ducks in a calender year by a Pak test batsman isn't inconstent in your book, I don't know what will be then. keep living in your fantasy and enjoy supreme delusion with some whipped cream

I said in the last 2 years he averaged 50+, a simple look on cricinfo will confirm that.

I said in the period where Pakistan went unbeaten in 7 test series, his average was 60. Once again, very easy to confirm.

If you dont think thats consistent, fine but that would mean you are a few marbles short of a full bag.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea whether Hasan Ali will be fit?

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Any idea whether Hasan Ali will be fit?
    Not for the test, at least.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan bowling attack should now comprise of Amir, Yasir , Wahab Riaz and one of Abbas/Shadab, depending on the pitch.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think the only changes will be Shehzad replacing Sami/Sharjeel and Hassan replacing Sohail from the Australian tour.

1. Shehzad
    2. Azhar
    3. Babar
    4. Younis
    5. Misbah
    6. Asad
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Yasir
    9. Wahab
    10. Aamir
    11. Hassan

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    I think the only changes will be Shehzad replacing Sami/Sharjeel and Hassan replacing Sohail from the Australian tour.

1. Shehzad
    2. Azhar
    3. Babar
    4. Younis
    5. Misbah
    6. Asad
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Yasir
    9. Wahab
    10. Aamir
    11. Hassan
    Hasan is ruled out of the first Test.

Guess we'll see Abbas get his debut.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Hasan is ruled out of the first Test.

Guess we'll see Abbas get his debut.
    Then Shadab will play if he is in the test squad and pitch is spin friendly.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No matter what you guys think is the best possible eleven...and no Miandad is too old.

This is what they gonna end up, not necessarily in this order.

Shehzad
    Azhar
    Babar
    Younus
    Misbah
    Asad
    Sarfaraz
    Amir
    Yasir
    Wahab
    Hasan...

End of debate.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WI are like a loose Canon .... no way to predict how they will play .... have to be on the toes all five days !!!!!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Captains prepare for historic 50th Test at Sabina Park

KINGSTON, Jamaica – Captains Jason Holder of West Indies and Misbah ul-Haq of Pakistan have described it as an honour to lead their teams in the opening Test match of Brighto Paints presents Q Mobile Cup Test Series. The April 21-25 match marks two special occasions – the 50th Test at the Sabina Park and also the 50th Test between West Indies and Pakistan.

“This is a huge honour to lead the West Indies team again in Test cricket, and it is made even more special because of this great occasion. West Indies and Pakistan have a rich history going back close to 60 years, so as a team we are mindful that we have to carry on the legacy established by those great men who paved the way,” Holder said.

“It is also significant that we will be part of the celebrations to mark the 50th Test at Sabina Park – a splendid occasion at one of the iconic venues in world cricket. To host 50 Test matches is something to be very proud of and as a team we want to do something memorable to commemorate the moment for the people of Jamaica and the entire Caribbean.”

Misbah said: “It is a great honor and privilege for me to lead Pakistan team in the 50th Test match between our two sides. I would like to congratulate West Indies Cricket Board, the team and the local people on this auspicious occasion.

“West Indies has produced some great players over the years and it is always heartening to see both teams go against each other on the field. I once again congratulate the host country on this occasion and look forward to a great Test series ahead.”

West Indies and Pakistan played their first Test match back in January, 1958, when the visitors toured the Caribbean for the first time. The first series featured two historic innings – the first being Hanif Mohammad’s 337 in the second innings of the first Test in Barbados.

A month later, a young Garfield Sobers made his first Test century – 365 not out in the third Test at Sabina Park – which set a new record for the highest score in Test cricket. This remains the highest score ever at Sabina Park.

The first Test at Sabina Park was between West Indies and England in 1930, when Karl Nunes led the home side. In that match George Headley made 223 in the second innings and the home side earned a draw.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    No matter what you guys think is the best possible eleven...and no Miandad is too old.

This is what they gonna end up, not necessarily in this order.

Shehzad
    Azhar
    Babar
    Younus
    Misbah
    Asad
    Sarfaraz
    Amir
    Yasir
    Wahab
    Hasan...

End of debate.
    Hasan is not fit for first Test.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going a bit off topic but can someone tell me what time the match starts UK time? Don't want to start another thread for this.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Going a bit off topic but can someone tell me what time the match starts UK time? Don't want to start another thread for this.
    15.00 GMT, so I suppose that's 16.00 BST.

You can also see the countdown at The PP homepage.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like the weather will prevent any chances of a result in this test.

Good for Pakistan, as the solitary warm up game didn't inspire any confidence, hence a good chance to get some match practice and remove the cobwebs.

Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab is too risky for a 4 man attack his control can completely desert him sometimes and the most important thing for a test spinner is control.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Shadab is too risky for a 4 man attack his control can completely desert him sometimes and the most important thing for a test spinner is control.
    He is still better a better option than Asghar and Abbas.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    He is still a better option than Asghar and Abbas.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad
    Azhar
    Babar
    Yk
    Misbah
    Asad
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Yasir
    Amir
    Wahab

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have no clue what bowling attack they might use... PAKISTAN need to have a solid bowling lineup today..

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafay Shafiq View Post
    Media reports say that Holder is saying pitch is lively with grass as they demanded
    So, basically it is a bowl first pitch.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafay Shafiq View Post
    Media reports say that Holder is saying pitch is lively with grass as they demanded
    Then we should be prepared to be all out for 120.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Weather update?

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Interesting to see what bowling line up pakistan go with, with rain around and some pace expected in surface you would expect it to favour the seamers, although we probably will end up playing two seamers. Wahab and Amir need to step their game up with the ball if we are to really force W.I back in this 1st game of the series.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to see how good Abbas is. Don't trust Pakistani pitches one bit so lets see. Holder's asked for lively pitches to spoil the farewell so Abbas should definitely turn it up.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar
    Shehzad
    Babar
    Younis
    Misbah
    Shafiq
    Sarfraz
    Yasir
    Wahab
    Abbas
    Amir

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Shehzad
    Azhar
    Babar
    YK
    Misbah
    Shafiq
    Sarf
    Shadab
    Yasir
    Amir
    Abbas

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.