Instagram


Pakistan v South Africa June 07

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 303
  1. #1
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,184
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Changes in the Pakistan ODI Squad for Champions Trophy 2017?

    Now that our next ODI match is against India,which is our first match of the Champions Trophy.
    What omissions do you expect in the Squad that played WI and who should be their replacements.

    Pakistan Squad that played West Indies:

    Sarfraz Ahmed (C/Wk)
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Asif Zakir
    Babar Azam
    Fahim Ashraf
    Fakhar Zaman
    Hasan Ali
    Imad Wasim
    Junaid Khan
    Kamran Akmal (wk)
    Mohammad Amir
    Mohammad Asghar
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Shadab Khan
    Shoaib Malik
    Wahab Riaz

  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,777
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Let's wait until the end of Pakistan Cup. That'll be vital in determining CT selections. Hope Hussain Talat and Saad Ali perform.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,028
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Against us, you guys should play 4 Pacers.

    We play spin well, and we would kill Shadab.

    Ultimately he would lose his confidence

    Playing 11 against us(India).

    Kamran
    Hafeez
    Babar
    Mailk
    Sarfraz
    Hussain
    Imad
    Fahim
    Amir
    Hassan
    Junaid

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,184
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    Against us, you guys should play 4 Pacers.

    We play spin well, and we would kill Shadab.

    Ultimately he would lose his confidence

    Playing 11 against us(India).

    Kamran
    Hafeez
    Babar
    Mailk
    Sarfraz
    Hussain
    Imad
    Fahim
    Amir
    Hassan
    Junaid
    Pakistan wouldn't debut someone in a important game like that,so very unlikely that Fahim will play.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,839
    Mentioned
    758 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Let's wait until the end of Pakistan Cup. That'll be vital in determining CT selections. Hope Hussain Talat and Saad Ali perform.
    Are these two openers? The only change I would make is bidding farewell to Kamran and bringing in a fresh, new opening batsman and partnering him with Hafeez, Fakhar or Shehzad at the top.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,028
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you play Wahab ,he'll cconcede more runs than fahim..also fahim's batting is an added advantage

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,184
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    If you play Wahab ,he'll cconcede more runs than fahim..also fahim's batting is an added advantage
    Even though I don't Wahab Riaz to play,Pakistan will prefer him if they go with 4 pacers but I think Pakistan should stick with their winning combination and Shadab should play alongside 3 pacers.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1)Shezzy
    2)Sami Afridi
    3)Babar
    4)Saifi
    5)Malik
    6)U. Akmal
    7)Shadab
    8)Roman Raees
    9)Sher Khan
    10)Hassan Ali
    11)M.Sami

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,227
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good thread.

    The performance against WI was pretty good, considering that they had home advantage and we still won the series.

    Who should be dropped?

    IMO:

    Fahim Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman and Asif Zakir- no point bringing a player to the Champions Trophy without any experience. Ideally, they would've debuted in WI, but this isn't an ideal world. The last time Pakistan debuted a player in a big match was Iftikhar Ahmed. We all know how that went...Experience is a better option.

    Ahmed Shehzad or Kamran Akmal. One of these players should be dropped. Or maybe even both. They had very poor series. The former struggled with his strike rate, while the latter failed to make a single 50+ score. The problem is that there are no replacements. Especially since Sharjeel has been banned. I'm guessing these two will stick around, unless an opener does well in the Pakistan Cup.

    Wahab Riaz. I know he is a big name around the world, and all of the people from other countries are looking forward to see him, but they shouldn't be. He is rubbish in LOIs. He probably won't get dropped; But he should be.

    So 5 or 6 players should be dropped for the Champions Trophy. Not ideal, but, alas.

    Team composition:

    Openers: We need 3. Two main openers. And one backup. Nobody has cemented their place as of yet. Mohammad Hafeez has done well as of late, in the WI series, albeit in the middle order. However, he is an opener, and should be moved up. Kamran Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad are the only other options. Akmal should get the chance over the latter because of his superior strike rate. Opening with Shehzad and Hafeez would be a recipe for disaster and would put way too much pressure on the middle order.

    Middle order: This area is pretty strong for Pakistan. Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik and Sarfraz Ahmed are locks. Now with Hafeez moving up, there is an extra spot at #6. This can be for either a middle-order player, or an all-rounder. There aren't many ready batsman waiting in Pakistan, so instead of throwing Asif Zakir in there, Umar Akmal should be thrown to the wolves. As for an all-rounder, Imad Wasim can move up to #6, and a fast-bowling all-rounder like Hammad Azam or Aamer Yamin can be played at #7.

    Bowlers: The spinners are settles. Variety is there in terms of off-spin, left arm spin, and leg spin. Hafeez, Wasim and Shadab Khan. Shadab should play only if the pitch is slow,, otherwise, 4 fast bowlers is a better option. If this is the case, then a good #8 is needed to replace Shadab. Sohail Khan should get the nod here. He has shown his hitting prowess in Test matches against NZ and Aus. A big, clean striker of the ball who also works very hard on his batting. He should replace Wahab Riaz. The three other pacers are set. Junaid Khan doesn't have an impressive skill set, but he has done well in recent times. His aggression and attitude is invaluable to the team. Mohammad Amir is very much the opposite. Tremendous skill set, yet returns that you wouldn't expect from him. He should be fired up for this tournament though. Hasan Ali is the third pacer. Very good in the middle overs and at the death. Playing 5 seamers with Wasim as 6th bowler is also an option. This is where the fast-bowling all-rounder could come in.

    Seeing these factors, the team for the first match against India should be:

    1. Kamran Akmal
    2. Mohammad Hafeez
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Shoaib Malik
    5. Sarfraz Ahmed*+
    6. Umar Akmal
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Sohail Khan
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. Junaid Khan
    ---------------------------
    12. Ahmed Shehzad
    13. Shadab Khan
    14. Mohammad Nawaz
    15. Aamer Yamin


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    3,331
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Good thread.

    The performance against WI was pretty good, considering that they had home advantage and we still won the series.

    Who should be dropped?

    IMO:

    Fahim Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman and Asif Zakir- no point bringing a player to the Champions Trophy without any experience. Ideally, they would've debuted in WI, but this isn't an ideal world. The last time Pakistan debuted a player in a big match was Iftikhar Ahmed. We all know how that went...Experience is a better option.

    Ahmed Shehzad or Kamran Akmal. One of these players should be dropped. Or maybe even both. They had very poor series. The former struggled with his strike rate, while the latter failed to make a single 50+ score. The problem is that there are no replacements. Especially since Sharjeel has been banned. I'm guessing these two will stick around, unless an opener does well in the Pakistan Cup.

    Wahab Riaz. I know he is a big name around the world, and all of the people from other countries are looking forward to see him, but they shouldn't be. He is rubbish in LOIs. He probably won't get dropped; But he should be.

    So 5 or 6 players should be dropped for the Champions Trophy. Not ideal, but, alas.

    Team composition:

    Openers: We need 3. Two main openers. And one backup. Nobody has cemented their place as of yet. Mohammad Hafeez has done well as of late, in the WI series, albeit in the middle order. However, he is an opener, and should be moved up. Kamran Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad are the only other options. Akmal should get the chance over the latter because of his superior strike rate. Opening with Shehzad and Hafeez would be a recipe for disaster and would put way too much pressure on the middle order.

    Middle order: This area is pretty strong for Pakistan. Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik and Sarfraz Ahmed are locks. Now with Hafeez moving up, there is an extra spot at #6. This can be for either a middle-order player, or an all-rounder. There aren't many ready batsman waiting in Pakistan, so instead of throwing Asif Zakir in there, Umar Akmal should be thrown to the wolves. As for an all-rounder, Imad Wasim can move up to #6, and a fast-bowling all-rounder like Hammad Azam or Aamer Yamin can be played at #7.

    Bowlers: The spinners are settles. Variety is there in terms of off-spin, left arm spin, and leg spin. Hafeez, Wasim and Shadab Khan. Shadab should play only if the pitch is slow,, otherwise, 4 fast bowlers is a better option. If this is the case, then a good #8 is needed to replace Shadab. Sohail Khan should get the nod here. He has shown his hitting prowess in Test matches against NZ and Aus. A big, clean striker of the ball who also works very hard on his batting. He should replace Wahab Riaz. The three other pacers are set. Junaid Khan doesn't have an impressive skill set, but he has done well in recent times. His aggression and attitude is invaluable to the team. Mohammad Amir is very much the opposite. Tremendous skill set, yet returns that you wouldn't expect from him. He should be fired up for this tournament though. Hasan Ali is the third pacer. Very good in the middle overs and at the death. Playing 5 seamers with Wasim as 6th bowler is also an option. This is where the fast-bowling all-rounder could come in.

    Seeing these factors, the team for the first match against India should be:

    1. Kamran Akmal
    2. Mohammad Hafeez
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Shoaib Malik
    5. Sarfraz Ahmed*+
    6. Umar Akmal
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Sohail Khan
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. Junaid Khan
    ---------------------------
    12. Ahmed Shehzad
    13. Shadab Khan
    14. Mohammad Nawaz
    15. Aamer Yamin
    Akmal & Hafeez in opening and Umar back in the team.

    What a terrible team. Only one I'd like to see in is Yamin.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    Against us, you guys should play 4 Pacers.

    We play spin well, and we would kill Shadab.

    Ultimately he would lose his confidence

    Playing 11 against us(India).

    Kamran
    Hafeez
    Babar
    Mailk
    Sarfraz
    Hussain
    Imad
    Fahim
    Amir
    Hassan
    Junaid
    India haven't played spin all that well in a long time.

    Pak should play their best team with none of this "India play spin well" nonsense BUT the batting needs to be rejigged. Then again, if the older guys keep performing, how can anyone drop them. So thats the problem.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    7,491
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very dependent on the Pakistan Cup. Hope some talented players perform.

    I Want Shehzad and Kamran Akmal dropped, hopefully some openers get runs. Also don't know about Fahim Ashraf and Asif Zakir, if they aren't doing well they should be dropped for such a big tournament. I want Riaz to be dropped but I don't think he will be

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,227
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Akmal & Hafeez in opening and Umar back in the team.

    What a terrible team. Only one I'd like to see in is Yamin.
    Okay. Suggest some openers to replace them. The idea is that the TTFs fail at Champions Trophy, so we can rebuild a team afterwards. It's highly unlikely that we will win the CT or at least get to the Final.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    3,331
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Okay. Suggest some openers to replace them. The idea is that the TTFs fail at Champions Trophy, so we can rebuild a team afterwards. It's highly unlikely that we will win the CT or at least get to the Final.
    That's true as well I suppose. But knowing our luck they will score in a game or two and we'll be stuck with them.

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,227
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    India haven't played spin all that well in a long time.

    Pak should play their best team with none of this "India play spin well" nonsense BUT the batting needs to be rejigged. Then again, if the older guys keep performing, how can anyone drop them. So thats the problem.
    Sohail Khan got 5 wickets last time against India. That was in Adelaide. Edgebaston is even more suited to his style, provided he opens the bowling.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    6,557
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't be any ODI series before CT? I heard Bangladesh's school team is visiting us. How about Sri Lanka team? Knowing Inzamam the same squad will be retained and we will see another disaster.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali and Sarfraz Ahmed as openers - any takers?? might seem ridiculous but I dont foresee any other good options that were tested before. Keep Ahmed Shehzad as backup otherwise these 2 are my openers for LOIs. And please no more trying out new guys from Pakistan Cup for CT atleast.

    Have a power hitter like Hammad Azam or another allrounder at #6 (old Sarfraz position).

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Sohail Khan got 5 wickets last time against India. That was in Adelaide. Edgebaston is even more suited to his style, provided he opens the bowling.
    All grounds in England have very flat wickets for ODIs these days. I've seen games pretty much at every major ground, the pitches are pretty good for batting 8/10 times. Spin will be good enough although I like Sohail so no probs iwth him playing but his fitness/fights may keep him out.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,427
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Fakhar zaman
    2. Zain Abbas
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Mohammad Hafeez
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Sarfraz Ahmed
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Shadab khan
    9. Mohammad Aamir
    10. Hasan ali
    11. Junaid Khan
    12. Sadaf Hussain
    13. Saad Ali
    14. Fahim Ashraf
    15. Mohammad Asghar
    16. Naved Malik

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    111
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Pakistan wouldn't debut someone in a important game like that,so very unlikely that Fahim will play.
    hahahahahahah bro pakistan got 3 debutants in 2015 world cup

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    470
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batting wise, need to play the same TTFs. very unfair to sport the youngsters in such a high profile tournament. if they fail, they will be forever discarded and the same TTFs we drop now (akmal, shehzad,etc) will return after the Champions Trophy. this is why squad selected for WIndies was key esp to play youngsters. now we have to live with these same people. only exception would be to slot in UAkmal(has a good track record in ICC tournaments) if he is fit again since he's experienced and his failure will have him forever discarded(good thing). the bowling can be changed as the conditions will be very much different. if wahab isnt gonna play, drop him and play a young pacer that can move the ball laterally (doesnt need express pace). Here's my 11 for India:

    1. Shehzad
    2. Hafeez
    3. Babar
    4. Sarfaraz
    5. Malik
    6. UAkmal
    7. Shadab
    8. Imad
    9. Amir
    10. Hasan
    11.Junaid

    You cant play kakmal solely on his fielding standards. he isnt scoring hundreds that we can put up with dropped catches, no arm, and slow boundary patrolling.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,184
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah99 View Post
    hahahahahahah bro pakistan got 3 debutants in 2015 world cup
    Check again,there were no debutants.

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,227
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    All grounds in England have very flat wickets for ODIs these days. I've seen games pretty much at every major ground, the pitches are pretty good for batting 8/10 times. Spin will be good enough although I like Sohail so no probs iwth him playing but his fitness/fights may keep him out.
    Yes, it is flat usually. In fact, England got 400 recently over there. Against NZ; But the match from CT 2013 was a green pitch when Ind. and Pak. played. Adelaide pitch was also flat; But Sohail Khan still bowled well. As said above by @fazleefridi, Shadab will struggle against Indian batsman. Especially on a flat wicket.

    Sohail and Mickey Arthur have both stated that there were no personal or fitness issues. He was simply rested to give guys like Rumman Raees, Wahab Riaz and Usman Shinwari chances. Now that Riaz has failed, I hope Sohail replaces him.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    111
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Check again,there were no debutants.
    yeah you are right man, rahat ali and yasir shah played one match befpre the world cup and ehsan adil played I guess 2 or 3, yeah looks like an experienced bunch of players to me

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    14,353
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I am not sure, if there is any rule that one can't debut in am ICC events, or selectors can't pick inexperienced players to ICC events. In both regards, WI had half their team playing 1st time (or 2nd time) in 1975 WC while AUS & PAK team of 1987 & 1992 WC wasn't that experienced.

    At least 4 players don't belong to this squad that should go to CT. Should have been 6, but MoHa has saved his spot in last match while Sharjeel's stupidity has kept the last life of Ahmed alive, since he can at least make up some in fielding.

    Don't know what's the purpose of Kamran, Zakir, Wahab, Asghar from this team in CT. Asghar is unlucky, because no way PAK is going to play 3 spinners in UK; while Fakhar & Fahim doesn't deserve to be dropped; neither Asif Zakir, but he shouldn't have been picked at first place.

    Kamran is a basher, so in one match he might smash a quick fire 40 or 50; but he'll cost average 20 in every match from his fielding & running & he'll never convert his quick fire 40s/50s into a match winning 85+.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,300
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez will be a walking wicket again if he opens. Little bit of swing is enough for him to go to the pavilion. I would change openers and play the same team. No idea who can be the fourth pacer. Only left with wahab and rahat where wahab gets the edge over batting. My team would be

    UA/Maqsood - one of these rookies should be tried as an opener
    Haris sohail - provided he finds his form in one day cup.
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Imad/wahab
    Amir
    Hasan
    Junaid

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    16,663
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Out: wahab, Hafeez, shehzad, Malik, Akmal
    In reality we'll be lucky if just two of this lot are dropped

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,794
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Out: wahab, Hafeez, shehzad, Malik, Akmal
    In reality we'll be lucky if just two of this lot are dropped
    Good luck dropping half the side while your chief selector is Inzi.


    I won't be surprised if Fahim Ashraf is dropped for experienced Umar Gul to shore up the pace bowling resources.


    There are already reports that Umar Akmal might be making a comeback.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    16,663
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Good luck dropping half the side while your chief selector is Inzi.


    I won't be surprised if Fahim Ashraf is dropped for experienced Umar Gul to shore up the pace bowling resources.


    There are already reports that Umar Akmal might be making a comeback.
    Of course he will make a comeback (umar akmal) : as he says it's his fitness keeping him out, not form

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Yes, it is flat usually. In fact, England got 400 recently over there. Against NZ; But the match from CT 2013 was a green pitch when Ind. and Pak. played. Adelaide pitch was also flat; But Sohail Khan still bowled well. As said above by @fazleefridi, Shadab will struggle against Indian batsman. Especially on a flat wicket.

    Sohail and Mickey Arthur have both stated that there were no personal or fitness issues. He was simply rested to give guys like Rumman Raees, Wahab Riaz and Usman Shinwari chances. Now that Riaz has failed, I hope Sohail replaces him.
    India have not shown they play spin that much better than anyone else for years. They do know how to avoid Ajmal and Narine though.

    As for the Sohail thing, I didn't know that so it would be good seeing him in England. The only problem is his slow pace on those flat tracks will lead him to be punished.

    Pak need to play to their strengths and thats spin. Forget just one match against India. Play 3/4 spinners in the side (already have Malik and Hafeez, wil have Shadab and Imad too) and 2pace men. It's not like we have absolute tearaways in terms of fast bowling.

    But who knows, there is a long way to go.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    14,353
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Good thread.

    The performance against WI was pretty good, considering that they had home advantage and we still won the series.

    Who should be dropped?

    IMO:

    Fahim Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman and Asif Zakir- no point bringing a player to the Champions Trophy without any experience. Ideally, they would've debuted in WI, but this isn't an ideal world. The last time Pakistan debuted a player in a big match was Iftikhar Ahmed. We all know how that went...Experience is a better option.

    Ahmed Shehzad or Kamran Akmal. One of these players should be dropped. Or maybe even both. They had very poor series. The former struggled with his strike rate, while the latter failed to make a single 50+ score. The problem is that there are no replacements. Especially since Sharjeel has been banned. I'm guessing these two will stick around, unless an opener does well in the Pakistan Cup.

    Wahab Riaz. I know he is a big name around the world, and all of the people from other countries are looking forward to see him, but they shouldn't be. He is rubbish in LOIs. He probably won't get dropped; But he should be.

    So 5 or 6 players should be dropped for the Champions Trophy. Not ideal, but, alas.

    Team composition:

    Openers: We need 3. Two main openers. And one backup. Nobody has cemented their place as of yet. Mohammad Hafeez has done well as of late, in the WI series, albeit in the middle order. However, he is an opener, and should be moved up. Kamran Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad are the only other options. Akmal should get the chance over the latter because of his superior strike rate. Opening with Shehzad and Hafeez would be a recipe for disaster and would put way too much pressure on the middle order.

    Middle order: This area is pretty strong for Pakistan. Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik and Sarfraz Ahmed are locks. Now with Hafeez moving up, there is an extra spot at #6. This can be for either a middle-order player, or an all-rounder. There aren't many ready batsman waiting in Pakistan, so instead of throwing Asif Zakir in there, Umar Akmal should be thrown to the wolves. As for an all-rounder, Imad Wasim can move up to #6, and a fast-bowling all-rounder like Hammad Azam or Aamer Yamin can be played at #7.

    Bowlers: The spinners are settles. Variety is there in terms of off-spin, left arm spin, and leg spin. Hafeez, Wasim and Shadab Khan. Shadab should play only if the pitch is slow,, otherwise, 4 fast bowlers is a better option. If this is the case, then a good #8 is needed to replace Shadab. Sohail Khan should get the nod here. He has shown his hitting prowess in Test matches against NZ and Aus. A big, clean striker of the ball who also works very hard on his batting. He should replace Wahab Riaz. The three other pacers are set. Junaid Khan doesn't have an impressive skill set, but he has done well in recent times. His aggression and attitude is invaluable to the team. Mohammad Amir is very much the opposite. Tremendous skill set, yet returns that you wouldn't expect from him. He should be fired up for this tournament though. Hasan Ali is the third pacer. Very good in the middle overs and at the death. Playing 5 seamers with Wasim as 6th bowler is also an option. This is where the fast-bowling all-rounder could come in.

    Seeing these factors, the team for the first match against India should be:

    1. Kamran Akmal
    2. Mohammad Hafeez
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Shoaib Malik
    5. Sarfraz Ahmed*+
    6. Umar Akmal
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Sohail Khan
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. Junaid Khan
    ---------------------------
    12. Ahmed Shehzad
    13. Shadab Khan
    14. Mohammad Nawaz
    15. Aamer Yamin
    2 cahnges & the starting XI is almost perfect -

    Kamran out, a left handed opener in - I don't know whom, but even that kid Talat is acceptable
    Imad won't do anything with ball in June - either he'll play instead of Sohail, or he'll be replaced by Shadab.

    Rest are fine. This is 12 men (including Sohail/Imad), other 3 should be Fahim/Yamin (I go for Fahim), Haris/Saad, Shehzad.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,287
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez
    Hussain Tallat
    Babar Azam
    Shoaib Malik
    Asif Zakir
    Sarfraz
    Imad Wasim
    Shadab
    Hassan
    Aamir
    Rumman


    Unfortunately Junaid would be selected, other players can be selected based on List A Performance in the Tournament and stats/strike rate.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,919
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Out: wahab, Hafeez, shehzad, Malik, Akmal
    In reality we'll be lucky if just two of this lot are dropped
    Ok


    Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think inzi is gonna make too many changes but hopefully he atleast gets rid of wahab and dotball shehzad. My squad would be:
    1. Kamran
    2. Fakhar
    3. Babar
    4. Hafeez
    5. Sarfraz
    6. Malik
    7. Imad
    8. Shadab
    9. Sohail khan
    10. Amir
    11. Hassan


    12. Azhar
    13. Umar
    14. Junaid
    15. Talat
    If we are lucky inzamam will select a squad similar to this. In an ideal world hafeez and kamran wouldn't be playing but unfortunately we don't rlly have many replacements as sharjeel and khalid are gone.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    1,249
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume Shehzad will play in tests and has a chance of performing good in couple of innings. That might help his cause. Then there is One Day Cup coming. Umar Akmal is captaining a side so he can open in OD Cup if he wants to. Haris has a chance as well. Two of these three should be opening in CT. Haris and Umar will be better.

    Haris
    Umar
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfaraz
    Imad
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid/Shinwari

    Talat
    Sohail
    Shinwari/Junaid
    Asghar

    Imad should be promoted up the order as a tactical move in some matches for a Left & Right combination.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    11,963
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Talat
    Shehzad
    Babar
    Saad Ali/Harris/Umar
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid
    Sohail

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,184
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Haris to be selected but I don't think so that selectors will bring him back so early after his recovery from that long knee injury.

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,821
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No changes. We're pretty much screwed.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,892
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Pakistan team for Champions Trophy title win

    Why there isn't one for our team? Do you all already believe that they can't win it?

    I believe they can, if this team is played.

    1. Aggressive opener (??)
    2. Aggressive opener (Kami?)
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Hussain Talat
    5. Sarfraz +/wk (no other choice as he's captain)
    6. Umar Akmal/Saad Ali?
    7. Hitter allrounder
    8. Shadab Khan
    9. Asghar/Wahab
    10. Amir
    11. Hasan Ali


    So, we have 2-3 spots where we have no idea who can play.


    Keep in mind that the pitches will not be the typical low, slow, spinning tracks that you get in the UAE or West Indies.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will be a serious contender this season.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,518
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You can bet that Malik and Hafeez will be on the plane to England.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,518
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'd actually get Haris Sohail to open if anything tbh.

    1. Haris Sohail
    2. Mohammad Hafeez
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Sarfaraz Ahmad
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Asif Zakir/Hussain Talat
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Shadab Khan
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. JK/Wahab

    My preferred eleven from the recent squad to the Windies with Haris Sohail as a surprise inclusion.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,408
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If kami ,hafeez,shehzad and wahab is not in the playing 11 we can hope of winning one or 2 games

    ideally this should be our 11

    Fakhar zaman
    Hafeez(hate to write but no option left)
    Babar azam
    Shoaib malik
    Sarfraz ahmed
    Hussain talat
    umar akmal
    shadab khan
    hasan ali
    junaid khan
    M.amir
    Last edited by saeed5646; 13th April 2017 at 06:10.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,408
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    I'd actually get Haris Sohail to open if anything tbh.

    1. Haris Sohail
    2. Mohammad Hafeez
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Sarfaraz Ahmad
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Asif Zakir/Hussain Talat
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Shadab Khan
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. JK/Wahab

    My preferred eleven from the recent squad to the Windies with Haris Sohail as a surprise inclusion.
    yr i am so desperate for haris sohail to do well in pakistan cup and get selected for CT but i think right now

    he needs more time in domestic

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,351
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    No changes. We're pretty much screwed.
    Sharjeel ; what did you do.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,518
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    yr i am so desperate for haris sohail to do well in pakistan cup and get selected for CT but i think right now

    he needs more time in domestic
    Desperate times man..Shahzad and Kamran are guaranteed walking wickets in England. An out of form Haris will do better than both.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,408
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Desperate times man..Shahzad and Kamran are guaranteed walking wickets in England. An out of form Haris will do better than both.
    agree but i don,t want him to fail in tough CT and than drop from squad permanently

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,892
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shravan View Post
    Pakistan will be a serious contender this season.
    Height of sarcasm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    You can bet that Malik and Hafeez will be on the plane to England.
    The modern day superstars Shehzad, Hafeez, Malik will be carrying the burden of batting most likely.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,892
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Desperate times man..Shahzad and Kamran are guaranteed walking wickets in England. An out of form Haris will do better than both.
    I'd play Haris even if he's out of form.

    BUT, his issue is fitness and his knees. Not form.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    1,750
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hawkeye why are you still against Shoaib Malik? He hasnt set a foot wrong since his comeback. Credit where due.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,665
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Ahmed Shehzad
    2. Mohammad Hafeez

    3. Babar Azam
    4. Umar Akmal
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Sarfraz Ahmed

    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Imad Wasim

    9. Sohail Khan
    10. Mohammad Amir
    11. Hassan Ali

    Reserves:
    12. Harris Sohail
    13. Hussain Talat
    14. Junaid Khan
    15. Wahab Riaz

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wish to give 3 guys debuts and expect to win the Champions Trophy? Quite ambitious thinking I must say....

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,287
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hashimafzal View Post
    You wish to give 3 guys debuts and expect to win the Champions Trophy? Quite ambitious thinking I must say....
    Doesn't matter.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,287
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aggressive Opener is our biggest problem. We can work out with one guy as tuk tuk but if both our openers play the same 70s game then it's a big worry.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    623
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like Umar Akmal to open with Ahmed Shehzad and put Hafeez down at number 6

    Umar Akmal
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Babar
    Sarfaraz
    Shoaib
    Hafeez
    Imad
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hasan
    Junaid/Wahab/whoever else

    For me this would be the ideal line up, but knowing how our think tank thinks, its not gonna happen.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    17,551
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From the current scenario best team would be

    Azhar Sami Babar Sarfraz Malik Nawaz/Haris Imad Shadab Hassan Wahab/Amir Rumman

    Selectors have sidelined Nawaz but from what i've seen he is a capable batsman rotates strike and can use long handle give them a fair chance just like the Messiah Amir is getting free ride


    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,892
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    1. Ahmed Shehzad
    2. Mohammad Hafeez

    3. Babar Azam
    4. Umar Akmal
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Sarfraz Ahmed

    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Imad Wasim

    9. Sohail Khan
    10. Mohammad Amir
    11. Hassan Ali

    Reserves:
    12. Harris Sohail
    13. Hussain Talat
    14. Junaid Khan
    15. Wahab Riaz
    So basically the same team that has been failing us for the last few years.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,009
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only realistic change I see happening is Umar Akmal coming back in the squad otherwise I think Inzi would like to go with the experience in this mega event.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    308
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think not to many changes expected. Inclusion of Umar akmal (i am totally against this) will be resulted because sarfraz is not good enough to finish the match. His hitting ability can be easily challenged.Name:  C9PC5_oXcAAacKa.jpg
Views: 5364
Size:  34.4 KB

    This is why i think sarfraz has to bat @4.

    Hafeez can be used as opener along with Ahmad Shahzad as Kamran Akmal's fielding is terrifying.

    Hafeez
    Ahmad Shahzad
    Babar Azam
    Sarfraz
    Shoaib
    Umar Akmal ???? I don't have any other choice, may be Inzi could
    Imad
    Shadab or Sohail khan depending on the nature of the wicket. bcz Sohail can hit and conditions may suit him
    Amir
    Hassan
    Junaid

    And the rest is touring party

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    18,894
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This tournaments a write off

    I do this anyways but we should all expect the absolute worst se and hope for the best


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    18,894
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hashimafzal View Post
    You wish to give 3 guys debuts and expect to win the Champions Trophy? Quite ambitious thinking I must say....
    Not like they can do much worse then a quarter of the players that will be going


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    37,616
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We cant win champions trophy , period.

    We need to think long term now and change our ODI batting approach altogether. First 25 overs target for the batsmen should be 150 runs , play shehzad hafeez tom dick or harry , if they cant do it they should be shown doors. Pakistan will lose a lot of matches but with this approach we will at least be able to register our team amongst the modern teams who think that 300 is a norm. I dont really care about which cricketers the selectors select but they should be able to score quick in the first 25 overs of the innings.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Kamran Akmal
    2. Mohammad Hafeez
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Sarfraz Ahmed
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Saeed Ajmal
    9. Sohail Khan
    10. Mohammad Amir
    11. Hassan Ali

    Reserves:
    12. Harris Sohail
    13. Fakhar Zaman
    14. Rumman Raees
    15. Wahab Riaz

  64. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    7,491
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Shan Masood
    2) Khurram Manzoor
    3) Azhar Ali (C)
    4) Shakeel Ansar (WK) (anyone remember him)
    5) Iftikhar Ahmed
    6) Asad Shafiq
    7) Faisal Iqbal
    8) Yasir Arafat
    9) Sohail Tanvir
    10) Saeed Ajmal
    11) Mohammad Sami


    This team is very strong, I reckon India, South Africa, Australia and England will be very scared. But we all know PCB is corrupt and won't play this team

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,892
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Logical

    My answer is in this thread: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...Shocking-stats!

    I'm not a fan of both Malik and Hafeez.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,839
    Mentioned
    758 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Kamran, lol.

    This should be the team:

    1) Hafeez
    2) Fakhar
    3) Babar
    4) Sarfaraz (c) (wk)
    5) Malik
    6) Umar Akmal
    7) Imad/Shadab
    8) Amir
    9) Riaz
    10) Junaid
    11) Hassan

    I've just written down players that I have watched. No idea how good some of the domestic guys are but I really hope we can find a good, aggressive opener and a proper #6. Akmal should bat in the top four but that seems highly unlikely now.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    3,331
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    I'd actually get Haris Sohail to open if anything tbh.

    1. Haris Sohail
    2. Mohammad Hafeez
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Sarfaraz Ahmad
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Asif Zakir/Hussain Talat
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Shadab Khan
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. JK/Wahab

    My preferred eleven from the recent squad to the Windies with Haris Sohail as a surprise inclusion.
    Good team, however our selectors will never have the guts to select such a side.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    465
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The team needs to go with a four pacer attack no matter what. We don't have the batting to keep up, but two years ago at the World Cup we were able to make a strong run in the second half of the tournament with four pacers on board.
    Currently in a mood to kick Sharjeel and Khalid Latif between the legs, if we had had them Shehzad and Hafeez wouldn't be seeing the light of day on this team and I would have rated us to get out of the group stage at least.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    12,444
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel must play. Babar is a gun player. But otherwise Pakistan look weak in the batting department.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,794
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    @Logical

    My answer is in this thread: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...Shocking-stats!

    I'm not a fan of both Malik and Hafeez.
    Neither are you a fan of logic and reason.



    On topic, we are really down in the dumps when it comes to the batting department due to Sharjeel's departure, Hafeez's minnow bashing, re-selection of Shehzad and Kami, and lack of exposure to performing youngsters all thanks to Inzi the revolutionary.

    We are going to go into the CT with an absolute pathetic team. From the useless squad Inzi is going to give us I'd select the following team:


    Fakhar (can't do worse than Shehzad)
    Kami (this person defines the word TTF, will fail like he always does, thank you Inzi)
    Babar (best batsman)
    Hafeez (same as Kami, unfortunately for us he performed in WI)
    Malik (second best batsman, excellent chaser)
    Sarfaraz (should be playing higher up the order, but thank you Inzi for selecting Hafeez)
    Imad (bits and pieces)
    Shadab (batting too low)
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid (the troika of these three pacers has done well compared to Wahab/Sohail/anyother pacer)


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  71. #71
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    429
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Hafeez
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Malik
    5. Sarfaraz
    6. Hussain Talat
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Imad Wasim
    9. Sohail Khan
    10. Amir
    11. Hassan Ali

    12. Junaid Khan
    13. Shehzad
    14. Asif Zakir
    15. Wahab Riaz

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    413
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shravan View Post
    Pakistan will be a serious contender this season.
    Hmm! Serious contender to win a match or two!!!

  73. #73
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    1) Shan Masood
    2) Khurram Manzoor
    3) Azhar Ali (C)
    4) Shakeel Ansar (WK) (anyone remember him)
    5) Iftikhar Ahmed
    6) Asad Shafiq
    7) Faisal Iqbal
    8) Yasir Arafat
    9) Sohail Tanvir
    10) Saeed Ajmal
    11) Mohammad Sami


    This team is very strong, I reckon India, South Africa, Australia and England will be very scared. But we all know PCB is corrupt and won't play this team
    this is clearly a troll post lol

  74. #74
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    1,220
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    waisy we need to beat SL (which is realistic) and one of Ind/SA to reach the semis ?


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    7,491
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    waisy we need to beat SL (which is realistic) and one of Ind/SA to reach the semis ?
    yes. I don't see us beating India/SA. But if we beat SL, SL manage to upset one of SA/India and rain affects the odd match there is the odd chance of us scraping to the semi's. and from there it's just two wins and boom, you're the champions

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,794
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    waisy we need to beat SL (which is realistic) and one of Ind/SA to reach the semis ?
    We are not going to beat India or South Africa with this team.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Jeddah,KSA
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kami
    Sarfraz
    Babar
    Malik
    Haris
    Hussain Talat
    Shadab
    Sohail Khan / Imad (Ideally I would like to see Pakistan going with 4 fast bowlers)
    Amir
    Hasan
    Junaid


    "Rahul Dravid and Waqar Younis are my Favorites"

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    381
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhansk View Post
    Kami
    Sarfraz
    Babar
    Malik
    Haris
    Hussain Talat
    Shadab
    Sohail Khan / Imad (Ideally I would like to see Pakistan going with 4 fast bowlers)
    Amir
    Hasan
    Junaid
    Kamran again? I don't understand people.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Jeddah,KSA
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix363 View Post
    Kamran again? I don't understand people.
    People are left with no choice after witnessing Sharjeel's episode, Ahmed Shahzad playing cross batted ugly shots.

    I am not a big fan of Fakhar yet I don't want to risk Fakhar's career in such a high profile tournament. If anything, ODI series with Wet Indies was a perfect opportunity to help Fakhar build up his confidence but they have missed that opportunity and unfortunately they persisted with Shahzad and Kami. Kami is much better option than Shahzad and will most definitely play less dot balls than Shahzad which is a big plus in modern day cricket.
    Last edited by Farhansk; 13th April 2017 at 14:22.


    "Rahul Dravid and Waqar Younis are my Favorites"

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,184
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khurram39 View Post
    I think not to many changes expected. Inclusion of Umar akmal (i am totally against this) will be resulted because sarfraz is not good enough to finish the match. His hitting ability can be easily challenged.Name:  C9PC5_oXcAAacKa.jpg
Views: 5364
Size:  34.4 KB

    This is why i think sarfraz has to bat @4.

    Hafeez can be used as opener along with Ahmad Shahzad as Kamran Akmal's fielding is terrifying.

    Hafeez
    Ahmad Shahzad
    Babar Azam
    Sarfraz
    Shoaib
    Umar Akmal ???? I don't have any other choice, may be Inzi could
    Imad
    Shadab or Sohail khan depending on the nature of the wicket. bcz Sohail can hit and conditions may suit him
    Amir
    Hassan
    Junaid

    And the rest is touring party
    Almost all of us want Sarfraz to play at No. 4/5 as he could be very useful for Pakistan in Champions Trophy and in coming years but unfortunately our team management is too dumb to understand that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •