Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Almost all of us want Sarfraz to play at No. 4/5 as he could be very useful for Pakistan in Champions Trophy and in coming years but unfortunately our team management is too dumb to understand that.
    It's Hafeez bro. He demands a spot #3 or #4.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I think M Hafeez should play as an opener as he can perform better than Shehzad and Kamran Akmal and if not then they should play Malik at No.6 and Sarfraz at No.5

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Almost all of us want Sarfraz to play at No. 4/5 as he could be very useful for Pakistan in Champions Trophy and in coming years but unfortunately our team management is too dumb to understand that.
    Well he is the captain now, he should put fwd his name and drop hafeez. He will not do that, hafeez like a vulture will wait for one bad game to bounce back to no. 4

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think M Hafeez should play as an opener as he can perform better than Shehzad and Kamran Akmal and if not then they should play Malik at No.6 and Sarfraz at No.5
    It's a fact that hafeez can't play swing. U forgot that as he didn't open quite often since he was dropped to no. 3. This is something similar to what ppers believe some one out is better than the one who is in.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes he can be best used at no. 4 only provided no swing available when he walks in.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Well he is the captain now, he should put fwd his name and drop hafeez. He will not do that, hafeez like a vulture will wait for one bad game to bounce back to no. 4
    At the moment Sarfaraz is a very new captain and doesn't have alot of say in team selection and batting order, otherwise is he dumb to drop himself to number six when he has prospered higher up the order?

The man making all the decisions is Mickey Arthur and he has an irrational love for Professor. Mickey is the one who pushed for Hafeez's selection and initially placed him at number three, when that fell flat on his face he pushed Babar back to his natural position. Mickey Arthur is highly incompetent and under his mentorship we can all look forward to a wholesome drubbing in the Champion's Trophy.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    I assume Shehzad will play in tests and has a chance of performing good in couple of innings. That might help his cause. Then there is One Day Cup coming. Umar Akmal is captaining a side so he can open in OD Cup if he wants to. Haris has a chance as well. Two of these three should be opening in CT. Haris and Umar will be better.

Haris
    Umar
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfaraz
    Imad
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid/Shinwari

Talat
    Sohail
    Shinwari/Junaid
    Asghar

Imad should be promoted up the order as a tactical move in some matches for a Left & Right combination.
    Haris
    UA/maqsood.

I also want two of these three to open. I don't think UA will open ahead of salman and his bro kami. If he opens and do well it will block the way for kami. So brothers work in tandem. I'm sure UA will leave the opening slot for his bro. I think Maqsood who has played at no.3 before and still plays at no.3 for his team should be tried as an opener. He is a rookie but can clear the boundary a long way. I'm really looking fwd for Maqsood haris Umar Amin Hussain talat and fakhar zaman in the one day cup.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Haris
    UA/maqsood.

I also want two of these three to open. I don't think UA will open ahead of salman and his bro kami. If he opens and do well it will block the way for kami. So brothers work in tandem. I'm sure UA will leave the opening slot for his bro. I think Maqsood who has played at no.3 before and still plays at no.3 for his team should be tried as an opener. He is a rookie but can clear the boundary a long way. I'm really looking fwd for Maqsood haris Umar Amin Hussain talat and fakhar zaman in the one day cup.
    Umar Akmal and Haris Sohail opening are just PP fantasies. Both are brought up as middle order batsmen and that's where they will play in the Pakistan Cup as well.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    At the moment Sarfaraz is a very new captain and doesn't have alot of say in team selection and batting order, otherwise is he dumb to drop himself to number six when he has prospered higher up the order?

The man making all the decisions is Mickey Arthur and he has an irrational love for Professor. Mickey is the one who pushed for Hafeez's selection and initially placed him at number three, when that fell flat on his face he pushed Babar back to his natural position. Mickey Arthur is highly incompetent and under his mentorship we can all look forward to a wholesome drubbing in the Champion's Trophy.
    I don't think mickey is dumb. He is also one of the students of bob woolmer I think. My wild guess is either his hands are tied to make any adjustments, or he is testing all his resources to the fullest with some one backing him that he will not be sacked. He is desperately looking for hard hitters of the modern game to revolutionise this 90s mode pak team. His eyes lit up on sharjeel and babar but sharjeel put him back to square1. Remember he took sharjeel in all formats. He wouldn't have selected kami an avg t20 player with abysmal fitness for ODIs. Something is hidden behind it which I'm very sure

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that our next ODI match is against India,which is our first match of the Champions Trophy.
    What omissions do you expect in the Squad that played WI and who should be their replacements.

Pakistan Squad that played West Indies:

Sarfraz Ahmed (C/Wk)
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Asif Zakir
    Babar Azam
    Fahim Ashraf
    Fakhar Zaman
    Hasan Ali
    Imad Wasim
    Junaid Khan
    Kamran Akmal (wk)
    Mohammad Amir
    Mohammad Asghar
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Shadab Khan
    Shoaib Malik
    Wahab Riaz
    Watching Narine in the IPL....would like to test Shadab as an LOI opener. Just in case.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Watching Narine in the IPL....would like to test Shadab as an LOI opener. Just in case.
    Khuda ko maan yaar.

If you want to kill Shadab's career, then make him an opener.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khuda ko maan yaar.

If you want to kill Shadab's career, then make him an opener.

Not make him an opener. Test. Did you seen him bat in the PSL?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal and Haris Sohail opening are just PP fantasies. Both are brought up as middle order batsmen and that's where they will play in the Pakistan Cup as well.
    thats what the problem is... if they can think out of the box and make bilal asif open the innings for pak and saad nasim open the innings for QG... Opening with haris and UA or Maqsood makes more sense than opening with bilal and saad nasim... Now with no sharjeel they are short of options, otherwise hang on to the curse of shehzad mediocre forever...

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont rate Akmals et all at all. But Umar is a less harmful option than Shehzad and Kamran

Fantasy would be a Top 3 comprising of Haris, Zeeshan Malik and Babar.

Best young opener in Pakistan is Zeeshan Malik. With all round and modern approach to game.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Champions Trophy ideally I would get rid of Shehzad, Hafeez, Wahab and Nawaz.
    Shehzad goes for his below par performances, only reason Kami stays is cos he can strike boundaries at a slightly higher rate.
    Hafeez consumes too many dot balls, resulting in pressure on other batsmen, selfish batting most of the time.
    Wahab has one good game after 10/15 to secure his spot, but should have been dropped after Pakistan conceded 444 and he gave a lot of runs. This time hopefully he goes.
    Bit harsh on Nawaz, but his spin bowling won't be effective on English wickets, so rather take another all rounder.
    Ideally I want these guys to go, but I doubt any of them will. After Champions Trophy, get rid of Kamran Akmal, cos he's simply not good enough and poor in the field. Also I would call it time for Shoaib Malik if he is unable to win us games against the top teams in Champions Trophy. He is batting well, but if he can't win us games against the Top 6, despite playing for 19 odd years, it's really disappointing.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My squad at the moment is this, I would welcome any youngsters or major performers of the Pakistan Cup. Also I rather go out of the champions trophy with no wins with a team of youngsters, than win one game against a below par Sri Lanka with seniors

Starting XI

1. Fakhar Zaman
    2. Kamran Akmal
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Azhar Ali
    5. Sarfraz Ahmed (C) (Wk)
    6. Shoaib Malik
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Imad Wasim
    9. Rumman Raees
    10. Hassan Ali
    11. Sohail Khan

11 batsmen, 6/7 bowlers, some decent fielders

Subs

1. Hussain Talat
    2. Usama Mir
    3. Aamer Yamin
    4. Fawad Alam
    5. Mohammad Asghar
    6. Mohammad Amir
    7. Imam Ul Haq

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Iftikhar Ahmed should get a look in

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problem is can't debut players in a champions trophy.

If Sharjeel is acquitted he can make it back in time. Kami should not be there.

Stick with Shehzad and bring in a power hitter, lower order type whatever just a 130+ SR batter. I don't care if he average 28. Just have a very high SR.

Keep everything else as it is. Perhaps swap Shadab with Raees depending on performance.

I like the middle to lower order of Hafeez-Malik-Sarfraz-Imad-Shadab. Our core is strong and bowling is young.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Problem is can't debut players in a champions trophy.

If Sharjeel is acquitted he can make it back in time. Kami should not be there.

Stick with Shehzad and bring in a power hitter, lower order type whatever just a 130+ SR batter. I don't care if he average 28. Just have a very high SR.

Keep everything else as it is. Perhaps swap Shadab with Raees depending on performance.

I like the middle to lower order of Hafeez-Malik-Sarfraz-Imad-Shadab. Our core is strong and bowling is young.
    Sharjeel has accepted failure to report. Gone for a year based on that

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Sharjeel has accepted failure to report. Gone for a year based on that
    Who can we get that can SR above 130 and play as opener?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know honestly. In domestic cricket we have tuk tuk openers like Imam, Imran Butt, Salman Butt etc

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shahid Afridi - The guy was born 10-15 yrs too soon.

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please God, neither Akmals or Shehzad should be included. I'd love to give Sami Aslam time again at opening. I don't know why we completely forgot him, he had potential.

Anyone calling for Malik to be thrown out is stupid, honestly. Hafeez will likely have big role (make or break, leaning towards break).

1.Sami Aslam
    2.Mohammed Hafeez
    3.Babar Azam
    4.Shoaib Malik
    5.Sarfaraz Ahmed
    6.Imad Wasim
    7.Shadab Khan
    8.Mohammad Amir
    9.Junaid Khan
    10.Hasan Ali

Need one more batsman. Preferably an opener or middle order, and that's the best thing you can put up there.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChachaPakistani View Post
    Please God, neither Akmals or Shehzad should be included. I'd love to give Sami Aslam time again at opening. I don't know why we completely forgot him, he had potential.

Anyone calling for Malik to be thrown out is stupid, honestly. Hafeez will likely have big role (make or break, leaning towards break).

1.Sami Aslam
    2.Mohammed Hafeez
    3.Babar Azam
    4.Shoaib Malik
    5.Sarfaraz Ahmed
    6.Imad Wasim
    7.Shadab Khan
    8.Mohammad Amir
    9.Junaid Khan
    10.Hasan Ali

Need one more batsman. Preferably an opener or middle order, and that's the best thing you can put up there.
    If Sami Aslam has a good Pakistan cup chances are very high he will come to Champions Trophy

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik a good player for Pakistan, but if he can't win big games for us against the top 6 after playing for 19 plus years surely after Champions Trophy we should be looking for new guys who can win us big games. How long is he going to play otherwise? Doubt he will be in the same form come World Cup 2019, so he should leave peacefully after Champions Trophy.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. umar akmal
    2. hussain talat
    3. babar azam
    4. sarfaraz ahmed
    5. shoaib malik
    6. shadab khan
    7. amir yamin
    8. imad wasim
    9. hassan ali
    10. mohammad amir
    11. junaid khan

saad ali
    wahab riaz
    usama mir
    hammad azam

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not expecting many changes. Would like to see the back of Hafeez and Wahab though.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nauman Anwar, Mukhtar Ahmed or if we want to go to the extreme end of the line then probably Awais Zia.

Barring Nauman who has some serious potential, both Mukhtar and Awais can give it a wack. They are not technically sound, neither we should expect them to be a answer to our prayers regarding power hitters however, if we used them wisely we can get them to fill in the role until Nauman fixes his minor issues and gets back in the reckoning.

These three are probably the only hacking openers that we have left in the domestics at the moment. We can try Bilal Asif or Ramiz Raja Jr but I am afraid they wouldn't be able to cope with the pressures of international cricket after being away for quite some time now !!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have some hacks who can play at a strike rate of over or near to100 but I don't think so that there is anyone who can play at a 130 SR.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If Haris Sohail has a decent Pakistan Cup, I would play -

Hafeez
    Kamran?
    Babar
    Haris
    Sarfraz+*
    Malik
    Yamin/Shadab
    Imad
    Hasan
    Amir
    Wahab?

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    If Haris Sohail has a decent Pakistan Cup, I would play -

Hafeez
    Kamran?
    Babar
    Haris
    Sarfraz+*
    Malik
    Yamin/Shadab
    Imad
    Hasan
    Amir
    Wahab?
    Mian at #6 is not a good option.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Mian at #6 is not a good option.
    I'd use him as a float. Send him when required.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    I'd use him as a float. Send him when required.
    Agreed, Malik should play at 6 if it allows Sarfraz to play at 5.Otherwise I would like them both to play at No.4 and 5 where they are best suited.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umar akmal in for hafeez. Azhar in for shehzad

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    umar akmal in for hafeez. Azhar in for shehzad
    I know we don't want him, but he can't be dropped after his minnow bashing of WI.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a clue as to who is doing what at the Pak domestic scene so can't say. If we take two keepers then Riizwan not Kamran should be the other one. What is happening with Harris Sohail I mean is he injured or not performing? Sohail Khan has to be there as well not only for his bowling but batting as well. The tail still looked very weak against the West Indies in the one dayers. Throw Wahab Riaz out, he doesn't do anything anymore.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Need Sohail Khan in England for sure. He can swing the new ball and knows how to pick wickets. His batting will be also useful.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol at people selecting Sami Aslam in there starting line ups. He has strike rotation/strike rate issues in tests and here people are selecting him in odi team.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol at people selecting Sami Aslam in there starting line ups. He has strike rotation/strike rate issues in tests and here people are selecting him in odi team.
    I will have Sami Aslam over Kamran Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad everyday of the week.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    In England, Pakistan will need a seam bowling all-rounder as the spinner-batsman types won't necessarily work there on those pitches.

Hammad Azam, Amir Yamin type player might be a requirement.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will have Sami Aslam over Kamran Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad everyday of the week.
    Not in Odis unless he has improved his range of shots and strike rotation. Currently he's too limited for modern LO cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    In England, Pakistan will need a seam bowling all-rounder as the spinner-batsman types won't necessarily work there on those pitches.

Hammad Azam, Amir Yamin type player might be a requirement.
    or maybe someone like Hussain Talat.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not in Odis unless he has improved his range of shots and strike rotation. Currently he's too limited for modern LO cricket.
    Same as Shehzad except that Aslam is left-handed so he adds an extra dimension.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We need to do better than a left-handed version of Shehzad.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, he shouldn't play ODI cricket until he works on the issues you have mentioned.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shehzad is more expansive than Sami.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Same old faces will keep getting chances. Its really disappointing to see lack of insight by Inzamam .

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good thread.

The performance against WI was pretty good, considering that they had home advantage and we still won the series.

Who should be dropped?

IMO:

Fahim Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman and Asif Zakir- no point bringing a player to the Champions Trophy without any experience. Ideally, they would've debuted in WI, but this isn't an ideal world. The last time Pakistan debuted a player in a big match was Iftikhar Ahmed. We all know how that went...Experience is a better option.

Ahmed Shehzad or Kamran Akmal. One of these players should be dropped. Or maybe even both. They had very poor series. The former struggled with his strike rate, while the latter failed to make a single 50+ score. The problem is that there are no replacements. Especially since Sharjeel has been banned. I'm guessing these two will stick around, unless an opener does well in the Pakistan Cup.

Wahab Riaz. I know he is a big name around the world, and all of the people from other countries are looking forward to see him, but they shouldn't be. He is rubbish in LOIs. He probably won't get dropped; But he should be.

So 5 or 6 players should be dropped for the Champions Trophy. Not ideal, but, alas.

Team composition:

Openers: We need 3. Two main openers. And one backup. Nobody has cemented their place as of yet. Mohammad Hafeez has done well as of late, in the WI series, albeit in the middle order. However, he is an opener, and should be moved up. Kamran Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad are the only other options. Akmal should get the chance over the latter because of his superior strike rate. Opening with Shehzad and Hafeez would be a recipe for disaster and would put way too much pressure on the middle order.

Middle order: This area is pretty strong for Pakistan. Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik and Sarfraz Ahmed are locks. Now with Hafeez moving up, there is an extra spot at #6. This can be for either a middle-order player, or an all-rounder. There aren't many ready batsman waiting in Pakistan, so instead of throwing Asif Zakir in there, Umar Akmal should be thrown to the wolves. As for an all-rounder, Imad Wasim can move up to #6, and a fast-bowling all-rounder like Hammad Azam or Aamer Yamin can be played at #7.

Bowlers: The spinners are settles. Variety is there in terms of off-spin, left arm spin, and leg spin. Hafeez, Wasim and Shadab Khan. Shadab should play only if the pitch is slow,, otherwise, 4 fast bowlers is a better option. If this is the case, then a good #8 is needed to replace Shadab. Sohail Khan should get the nod here. He has shown his hitting prowess in Test matches against NZ and Aus. A big, clean striker of the ball who also works very hard on his batting. He should replace Wahab Riaz. The three other pacers are set. Junaid Khan doesn't have an impressive skill set, but he has done well in recent times. His aggression and attitude is invaluable to the team. Mohammad Amir is very much the opposite. Tremendous skill set, yet returns that you wouldn't expect from him. He should be fired up for this tournament though. Hasan Ali is the third pacer. Very good in the middle overs and at the death. Playing 5 seamers with Wasim as 6th bowler is also an option. This is where the fast-bowling all-rounder could come in.

Seeing these factors, the team for the first match against India should be:

1. Kamran Akmal
    2. Mohammad Hafeez
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Shoaib Malik
    5. Sarfraz Ahmed*+
    6. Umar Akmal
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Sohail Khan
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. Junaid Khan
    ---------------------------
    12. Ahmed Shehzad
    13. Shadab Khan
    14. Mohammad Nawaz
    15. Aamer Yamin
    Kamran & Hafeez openers

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Batting ordef

God players aren't too bad... U just need to utilize them properly and specify roles.. This is no rocket science.. Right now nobody knows his role.. There is no consistency...u invested so much on UA, Sohaib, Azhar Ali etc. But the incompetency of board has ruined them.. For me the champion trophy team and subsequent team should be
    1.Umar Akmal.. Best spot to utilize him given his mode of play.. Remember how sachin flourished at this spot when he was turning inconsistent in middle order..
    2.Haris Suhail.. Technically good and has no slot available in middle order. Can play shots and rotate strike also.
    This Right hand and left hand combo will do good and they are your best batters.
    3.Babar Azam
    4.sarfaraz..Best slot for him as he can milk spinners and rotate strike effectively. He is best in this facet in the entire batting lineup.He was very successful in England at this spot..
    5.shoaib Malik.. On his present form.. Good.can milk and play big shots.
    6. Asad Shafiq.. This is ideal slot for him and can be your best finisher.. Best technique and temperament...Remember he debuted in one day cricket at same spot and was successful.He role shall be cut out..
    7.Mohammad Hafeez..Allrounder and Best hitter for slog overs and can be given role of finisher along with No. 6 batsman..
    Then shall play the bowlers...
    What do you think Pakistani guys..
    Wouldn't this team do wonders.. Just give them at least 10 matches in this role
    8.Fast bowling all-rounder or spin bowling all-rounder depending on conditions... May be Amir yamin/Anwar Ali OR Imad wasim/shahdab khan..

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shehzad is more expansive than Sami.
    Shehzad and Sharjeel can make a good combo.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be my dream team.

1.Sharjeel Khan
    2. Husain Talat
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Sarfraz Ahmed (WK) (C)
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Amad Butt/ Sohail Khan
    9. Usama Mir/ Mohammad Ashgar / Zafar Gohar
    10. Mohammad Amir
    11. Hasan Ali

Although in reality I'm not expecting many changes. Although I am hoping for a miracle that Sharjeel makes it into the squad. Otherwise we will be witnessing a barrage of tuk tuk in the Power Play.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shehzad and Sharjeel can make a good combo.
    Agreed

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzamam can't do much to be honest. Not a single player of substance coming through

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love the passion of supporters here...
    do we seriously think we can beat any of India, S Africa and even S Lanka?

We are minnow bashers...even Bangladesh are better than us.

Btw, we're no 8 in rankings and its true!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the way Amin is playing in Pakistan Cup, I would like to play him as an opener.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing XI

Shehzad/Kamran/Fakhar
    Umar Amin
    Babar Azam
    M Hafeez
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Shoaib Malik
    Imad Wasim
    Shadab Khan
    Mohammed Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Junaid Khan

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like Yamin to replace Fahim, Sohail Khan to replace Asghar and Umar Amin to replace Asif Zakir.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    I love the passion of supporters here...
    do we seriously think we can beat any of India, S Africa and even S Lanka?

We are minnow bashers...even Bangladesh are better than us.

Btw, we're no 8 in rankings and its true!
    So that means we forfeit the matches against those sides?

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fakhar
    Amin (his innings today could be a false dawn though)
    Babar
    Sarfaraz
    Malik
    Talat
    Imad
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid

Amir and Junaid for the new ball. Hasan comes in first change. Shady and Maddy for the middle overs. If the pitch has something for the seamers then Talat and Amin can also roll their arms over. If an offie is required then Malik can be employed and Fakhar is also an option for left-arm spin.

Three lefties and righties in the top six. Fakhar is no Sharjeel but as we saw today he is not as big of a hack as PP'ers were making him out to be. He is a good bat who might struggle in international cricket but I'm willing to bet on him over the likes of Kami and Shezad. Amin is a classy batsman and playing as opener could be the impetus he needs to kick start his career. He played one innings as opener and looked very good but Kaptaan Misbah dropped him and never played him again because he needed to accommodate his friend Hafeez.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fakhar
    Amin (his innings today could be a false dawn though)
    Babar
    Sarfaraz
    Malik
    Talat
    Imad
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid

Amir and Junaid for the new ball. Hasan comes in first change. Shady and Maddy for the middle overs. If the pitch has something for the seamers then Talat and Amin can also roll their arms over. If an offie is required then Malik can be employed and Fakhar is also an option for left-arm spin.

Three lefties and righties in the top six. Fakhar is no Sharjeel but as we saw today he is not as big of a hack as PP'ers were making him out to be. He is a good bat who might struggle in international cricket but I'm willing to bet on him over the likes of Kami and Shezad. Amin is a classy batsman and playing as opener could be the impetus he needs to kick start his career. He played one innings as opener and looked very good but Kaptaan Misbah dropped him and never played him again because he needed to accommodate his friend Hafeez.
    Agree wholeheartedly, but. Debutants will most likely fail in CT. Knowing Inzi the Revolutionary, he will drop them after the tournament only to bring back TTFs for easy Lanka matches. So I would make two changes, Yamin in for Talat (as the former has experience at the international level) and Hafeez in for Fakhar (because Hafeez won't be dropped if he gets an easy 30 (50) at #4, we need him to open and nick off in the first over to be dropped forever).

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Anwar Ali for Fahim, Yamin for Asghar & Azhar for Asif Zakir - may be Sohail for JK.

Rest will be there - I have great confidence on Inzi. Those who are expecting players to be picked from PAK Cup, should check first if Inzi had seen todays play or not.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might change as the tournament moves on but as of now, I would love the following 11 to play the Champions Trophy.

1. Hafeez (unfortunately Hafeez is unlikely to be dropped after the series he had against WI and batting him at four ruins the order so it's better to open with him while we have a gap there)
    2. Umar Amin / Fakhar (whoever performs better / more consistently)
    3. Babar A
    4. Sarfaraz (his ideal position as proved many times. Why does the management not see?)
    5. Talat
    6. Malik
    7. Yamin
    8. Imad
    9. Shadab
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. Amir

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the champions Trophy team should be :
    1. Mohammed Hafeez/ Fakhar Zaman
    2. Umar Amin
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Shoaib Malik
    5. Sarfarz
    6. Imad wasim
    7. Amir Yamin
    8. Shadab khan
    9. Mohammed Amir/ Usman Shinwari
    10. Junaid Khan/ Rumman Raees
    11. Hassan Ali

With this line up you have 7 full time bowlers with 4 seamers and 3 spinners so many variety. Management needs to have extensive batting sessions with Imad,Amir yamin and Shadab to tune them up a bit.
    But unforunately this won't happen will be stuck with Kamran and shehzad also wahab

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S KHAN
    H SOHAIL
    B AZAM
    S MALIK
    S AHMED
    H TALLAT
    I WASIM
    S KHAN/ A YAMIN( Vs India,as they are good against spin)
    M AMIR
    H ALI
    J KHAN

M HAFEEZ(UN DROPPABLE)
    M ASGHAR
    A YAMIN
    W RIAZ

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    S KHAN
    H SOHAIL
    B AZAM
    S MALIK
    S AHMED
    H TALLAT
    I WASIM
    M AMIR
    H ALI
    J KHAN

M HAFEEZ(UN DROPPABLE)
    M ASGHAR
    A YAMIN
    W RIAZ
    Sharjeels banned mate

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    S KHAN
    H SOHAIL
    B AZAM
    S MALIK
    S AHMED
    H TALLAT
    I WASIM
    M AMIR
    H ALI
    J KHAN

M HAFEEZ(UN DROPPABLE)
    M ASGHAR
    A YAMIN
    W RIAZ
    M Hafeez can't also be dropped from the playing XI, he is too precious.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a realistic line up for CT

Azhar
    Shehzad/Kamran
    Hafeez
    Babar
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Umar Akmal
    Imad
    Amir
    Wahab
    Hasan

bench: Anwar Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Asif Zakir, Rahat

#InziOut

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    a realistic line up for CT

Azhar
    Shehzad/Kamran
    Hafeez
    Babar
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Umar Akmal
    Imad
    Amir
    Wahab
    Hasan

bench: Anwar Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Asif Zakir, Rahat
    Wao another genius who wants Hafeez to bat at 3.

Also, dont expect Azhar will make a comeback anytime soon, until his game changes or he proves his worth for the shorter formats at the PSL level.

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketInsight View Post
    Wao another genius who wants Hafeez to bat at 3.

Also, dont expect Azhar will make a comeback anytime soon, until his game changes or he proves his worth for the shorter formats at the PSL level.
    lol never said I wanted Hafeez to bat at 3, I said it's a realistic lineup.
    BTW Azhar and Umar will be back in the side for CT, journalists have reported it. Also, Inzi has developed a habit of selecting some random players from domestic and include them in the squads.
    So that's why it's a realistic lineup.
    It's a pathetic lineup but a realistic one sadly.
    Last edited by Citizen4; 18th April 2017 at 22:37.

#InziOut

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez
    Sarfraz
    Babar
    Amin
    Malik
    Yamin
    Imad
    Shadab
    Amir
    Wahab
    Hassan

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Future_Knick View Post
    Hafeez
    Sarfraz
    Babar
    Amin
    Malik
    Yamin
    Imad
    Shadab
    Amir
    Wahab
    Hassan
    lol @ Amin

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well Kami and Shezzy are confirmed now...
    So realistically:
    Kami
    Shezzy
    Bubs
    Prof.
    Don
    Kaptaan
    Immaaddayy
    Sherr
    Prodigy
    Youngsta
    Chucker

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well Kami and Shezzy are confirmed now...
    So realistically:
    Kami
    Shezzy
    Bubs
    Prof.
    Don
    Kaptaan
    Immaaddayy
    Sherr
    Prodigy
    Youngsta
    Chucker
    Reports are that Zakir and Kamran are to be dropped and Azhar and Umar to return.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay. Suggest some openers to replace them. The idea is that the TTFs fail at Champions Trophy, so we can rebuild a team afterwards. It's highly unlikely that we will win the CT or at least get to the Final.
    They will be back for 2019 WC. These snakes manage to slither their way in the team for big tournaments.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Salam.

Anyone knows when the deadline for announcing the squad is?

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anakwalajinn View Post
    Salam.

Anyone knows when the deadline for announcing the squad is?
    25th April, saw on twitter PCB are waiting couple more days as want to see Pakistan Cup. Expect it to be named around 24th

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ouch... final is 29th.

Let's see how the squad is. Hoping for another 100 today. Most likely will be the same team, I think...

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anakwalajinn View Post
    Ouch... final is 29th.

Let's see how the squad is. Hoping for another 100 today. Most likely will be the same team, I think...
    Fawad will not get a chance to score hundred today.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    They will be back for 2019 WC. These snakes manage to slither their way in the team for big tournaments.
    exactly PCB's corrupt selectors have been recycling the same TTFs for years. drop them for meaningless bilateral and when we have a big ICC tournaments PCB re-selects the most rubbish team with same old TTFs.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as Hafeez, Akmals and Shehzad are in the team our batting is worse than zimbabwe. We won't win even a single match in CT.