Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 117 of 117
  1. #81
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant rocks!!

  2. #82
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How exciting is to see the cream of upcoming Indian batting talent playing in one single team, getting ample opportunities to bat in top order and mentored by the legend Rahul Dravid.

    If I have to rate these 4 batting talent, I would rate them as

    1) S.Iyer, 22 year: The best allround batsman of the four. He has the highest first class runs for Mumbai in 3 consecutive season. He has all the strokes, good defense and is an all format player.

    2) R. Pant, 19 year: the most natural striker of all of them. Ideal for ODI & T20. Even though he did have a breakthrough first class season, I would reserve my judgement on his long format credentials. A couple of season of consistency in Ranji Trophy and he will be in contention to be all format WK batsman for the next 10 years.

    3) Sanju Samson, 22 year: A pleasing batsman to watch. Dravid rates him highly but it seems he needs proper guidance & mentorship. He had a fallout in Kerla and has allegations of certain attitude issues. But when with the right guru, the results are all there to be seen.

    4) K. Nair, 25 year: He has the weakest technique among the four but is a fluent stroke maker when in full flow. Also, we can't argue about a triple centurion in test cricket. A massive talent but he has to keep a level head, keep on improving his game and be a solid player for India.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,919
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just saw Pant's hitting today, he is amazing.

  4. #84
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manish Pandey has a such a calm head that is why he should be the first choice in Indian ODI setup after Dhoni & Yuvi exit. What a cool chase 69*(49) & finished the match.

    Yusuf Pathan did his IPL bit 59(39) like always but he is out of national contention a long time back...

  5. #85
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    4,799
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep82 View Post
    How exciting is to see the cream of upcoming Indian batting talent playing in one single team, getting ample opportunities to bat in top order and mentored by the legend Rahul Dravid.

    If I have to rate these 4 batting talent, I would rate them as

    1) S.Iyer, 22 year: The best allround batsman of the four. He has the highest first class runs for Mumbai in 3 consecutive season. He has all the strokes, good defense and is an all format player.

    2) R. Pant, 19 year: the most natural striker of all of them. Ideal for ODI & T20. Even though he did have a breakthrough first class season, I would reserve my judgement on his long format credentials. A couple of season of consistency in Ranji Trophy and he will be in contention to be all format WK batsman for the next 10 years.

    3) Sanju Samson, 22 year: A pleasing batsman to watch. Dravid rates him highly but it seems he needs proper guidance & mentorship. He had a fallout in Kerla and has allegations of certain attitude issues. But when with the right guru, the results are all there to be seen.

    4) K. Nair, 25 year: He has the weakest technique among the four but is a fluent stroke maker when in full flow. Also, we can't argue about a triple centurion in test cricket. A massive talent but he has to keep a level head, keep on improving his game and be a solid player for India.
    Nair is useless. He cannot play proper pace bowling.

    Iyer/Pant shuld be in the main team pretty soon.

    Samson needs a lot to prove before he gets selected. He seems to have regressed in the past 2 years. This year he is back to form.

    The only reason I am following DD is because of the young Indian talent they got.

    Right now, Pant >> MSD with the bat.

    Pant is decent with Gloves. But MSD >> Pant with the gloves.

  6. #86
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manan Vohra, What a cracking knock!!!
    95(50) 9 4's, 5 6's

    Out of nowhere he produces an absolute gem.

    Cheers to another exciting Indian talent!

  7. #87
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep82 View Post

    Bhuvneshwar Kumar: Bhuvi is bowling like a man possessed with excellence! The pitches are flat and the powerhitters are blazing but not against Bhuvi.

    2/27(4)
    2/21(4)
    3/21(4)
    3/20(4)
    Brilliant Again, Bhuvi! Absolute class.

    5/19(4)

  8. #88
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL has come to life today......

    Two absolute thrillers in 10 hours...phew! Out of breath !!

  9. #89
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,935
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Vohra is somewhat becoming consistent,its sad that our actual opener Rohit Dhawan have been pretty bad compared to youngsters.

    Want Vohra,Pant,Iyer to fight it out for place in the teams,bowling sadly still looks dull Khalil Ahmed and Avesh Khan nowhere to be seen.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  10. #90
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant, Nitish Rana and Vohora - awesome to see these three prosper in this IPL. Hopefully Shreyas Iyer, Karun Nair and Ishan Kishen will start doing well as well.

    Among the bowlers, Ankit Rajpoot (23 yr old) did well in a game he got bowling 140+, hasn't played after that. Another 23 yr old Basil Tahmpi has showed he has good pace (top speed 145) but needs more time. Among spinners, Rahul Chahar and KC Cariappa are two promising youngsters but need to play more cricket at top level.

    All in all a very good IPl so far for young talents of the country.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    44
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a lot of bricks being thrown at the Indian bowlers but let me tell you this is the most talented set of seamers we have seen in the country after a very long time. The recent test series saw Umesh Yadav emerge as the best seamer from either side! Shami is easily the most talented amongst them and also amongst the best in the world when fit ( look at his record) The way he delivers you feel he is gonna get a wicket with any ball. Bhuvi has improved his pace and if he continues the form he has shown in the IPL can be a world beater, he bowls pin point reverse swinging yorkers nowadays at aroun 140 clicks. There is Ishant too to make the lineup. In the wings we have Md Siraj who is an excellent prospect with good pace and accuracy, Nathu Singh again bowls high 140s, then there are guys like T Natarajan, Ishwar Chowdary and Basil Thampi who may not make it to the top but have the talent and pace to be on top of the Indian tourneys for a long time. None of these are trundlers unlike Mohit, Praveen and others we had a few years ago


    If he bowls with a full sleeve and is an off-spinner, rest assured he chucks. Amen

  12. #92
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,504
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redmaverik84 View Post
    I see a lot of bricks being thrown at the Indian bowlers but let me tell you this is the most talented set of seamers we have seen in the country after a very long time. The recent test series saw Umesh Yadav emerge as the best seamer from either side! Shami is easily the most talented amongst them and also amongst the best in the world when fit ( look at his record) The way he delivers you feel he is gonna get a wicket with any ball. Bhuvi has improved his pace and if he continues the form he has shown in the IPL can be a world beater, he bowls pin point reverse swinging yorkers nowadays at aroun 140 clicks. There is Ishant too to make the lineup. In the wings we have Md Siraj who is an excellent prospect with good pace and accuracy, Nathu Singh again bowls high 140s, then there are guys like T Natarajan, Ishwar Chowdary and Basil Thampi who may not make it to the top but have the talent and pace to be on top of the Indian tourneys for a long time. None of these are trundlers unlike Mohit, Praveen and others we had a few years ago
    I wanted to know more about Indian fast bowling prospects and your post was very informative, thanks!

  13. #93
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Vohra is somewhat becoming consistent,its sad that our actual opener Rohit Dhawan have been pretty bad compared to youngsters.

    Want Vohra,Pant,Iyer to fight it out for place in the teams,bowling sadly still looks dull Khalil Ahmed and Avesh Khan nowhere to be seen.
    There is another batting talent, Mayank Agarwal, that I also want to prosper....

    He is young, got a century in ListA game against South Africa and consistent across previous IPL. He hasn't done anything of note in first 2 weeks of this IPL but hopefully he will fire in coming matches.

    Among bowlers, we have to move from TTF trundlers ( see my post#48 for a list of TTF bowlers in this IPL). There are many exciting young fast bowler talent but are mostly warming the bench while these TTF keep getting mascaraed.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shardul Thakur replaced Dinda and immediately got results 3/35 and 1/14
    looked v impressive ...

    Ankit Rajpoot got only one match ..got 3 wickets good pace

    basil thampi replaced dhawal kukarni..dint get wickets but looked pacy over 140 ..bowled some beautiful yorkers

    like to see nathu singh and md siraj in coming matches

  15. #95
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoonyaSifar View Post
    Pant, Nitish Rana and Vohora - awesome to see these three prosper in this IPL. Hopefully Shreyas Iyer, Karun Nair and Ishan Kishen will start doing well as well.

    Among the bowlers, Ankit Rajpoot (23 yr old) did well in a game he got bowling 140+, hasn't played after that. Another 23 yr old Basil Tahmpi has showed he has good pace (top speed 145) but needs more time. Among spinners, Rahul Chahar and KC Cariappa are two promising youngsters but need to play more cricket at top level.

    All in all a very good IPl so far for young talents of the country.
    Totally Agree! It’s been a fine couple of weeks of all emerging players and there are still lots of cricket to be played in IPL. Hope to see more youngsters perform on the big stage.

  16. #96
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redmaverik84 View Post
    I see a lot of bricks being thrown at the Indian bowlers but let me tell you this is the most talented set of seamers we have seen in the country after a very long time. The recent test series saw Umesh Yadav emerge as the best seamer from either side! Shami is easily the most talented amongst them and also amongst the best in the world when fit ( look at his record) The way he delivers you feel he is gonna get a wicket with any ball. Bhuvi has improved his pace and if he continues the form he has shown in the IPL can be a world beater, he bowls pin point reverse swinging yorkers nowadays at aroun 140 clicks. There is Ishant too to make the lineup. In the wings we have Md Siraj who is an excellent prospect with good pace and accuracy, Nathu Singh again bowls high 140s, then there are guys like T Natarajan, Ishwar Chowdary and Basil Thampi who may not make it to the top but have the talent and pace to be on top of the Indian tourneys for a long time. None of these are trundlers unlike Mohit, Praveen and others we had a few years ago
    Exactly! The situation is not that bad regarding pace bowlers. We used to have TTF & trundlers like the below list which set the preconceive notion that India can’t produce quality fast bowlers.

    Manpreet Gony
    Dhawal Kulkarni
    Praveen Kumar
    Munaf Patel
    Varun Aaron
    Mohit Sharma
    Vinay Kumar
    Ashok Dinda
    Jaydev Unadkat
    Sreenath Arvind
    Rishi Dhawan
    Stuart Binny

    Now the situation is changing. We have the fast bowler brigade who can consistently bowl in 138-142 range and giving results consistently.

    Umesh Yadav is revelation. He is super fit, never seems to get injured and bowl with high pace at any stage.

    Mohd. Shami- India’s best fast bowler. Injury prone but if he can sort out his fitness, he can be the leader of the attack.

    Bhuvneshwar Kumar: The most improved in last one year. He was a trundler bowling at 130ish but now he can bowl around 140, swings both way and is lethal in ideal conditions.

    Ishant Sharma: A fine test match bowler. Not the best but he compliment the attack with his height and hit the deck bowling style. Also never compromised on his pace.

    Jasmit Bumrah: An ideal OdI & T20 bowler, Good speed, expertise in Yorkers and an unusual action.

    Apart from the above five which has been shortlisted by Indian team management to spearhead the attack going forward, there are new exciting talent which are capable of bowling 140kph. But they are mostly warming benches or has been given less opportunity in first two weeks. Now teams are realizing that TTF is not the way to go and they are now getting more games.


    Exciting pace bowling talent to keep track of:

    Mohd. Siraz, 0 games
    Nathu Singh, 0 games
    T Natarajan, 1 game
    A Rajpoot, 1 game
    S Thakur, 1 game
    I Pandey, 1 game
    Ankit Chahwdary, 1 game
    Basil Thampi, 2 games
    Sandeep Sharma, 5 games ( but he is a trundle, need to increase his speed upto 5kmph)

  17. #97
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subbu View Post
    Shardul Thakur replaced Dinda and immediately got results 3/35 and 1/14
    looked v impressive ...

    Ankit Rajpoot got only one match ..got 3 wickets good pace

    basil thampi replaced dhawal kukarni..dint get wickets but looked pacy over 140 ..bowled some beautiful yorkers

    like to see nathu singh and md siraj in coming matches
    Yes, enough of TTF oldies....time to bring in fresh blood...some will fail, few will impress and you never know you may get couple of diamonds...

  18. #98
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,641
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't judge Rohit based on T20. I think he prefers ODI as his best format! Where he can show his lazy elegance where there is some breathing space! I think he will make it to CT even if we all don't wish! Dhawan will be doubtful though (depends on Rahul's fitness). But I hope at least they will pick Manish Pandey, really has a pretty decent ODI record and its not that others are super-performing in the Indian line-up. I hope at least one of Dhoni or Yuvi is dropped (preferably Yuvi is dropped! We don't need further embarrassments!) Dhoni can be retained for his experience and his wicket-taking skills. Should bat higher in the batting order though (He is not good at that finishing role anymore). My preferred squad for CT is:

    Rohit
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Dhoni
    Kedhar
    Manish
    Jadeja
    Ashwin
    Bhuvi
    Shami
    Bumrah

    Reserves:
    Umesh
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    ... (anymore good players if the squad is stretched)

    I want India to strengthen their bowling as they do in Test Matches, play proper bowlers and trust the top order to take responsibility of batting & also let late order also come to party!

  19. #99
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genuine excited by this Guy, Basil Thampi!

    When Gayle is annihilating everyone, he keeps on bowling Yorkers at 140 and ultimately got Gayle out!
    1/19(3) so far when everybody around him going for 10 an over....

  20. #100
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kedar Jadhav, u little beauty! Delighted to find this gem of the player...

    38(16) n.o.

  21. #101
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli did his bit earlier with a fluent knock of 64(50)...

  22. #102
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,041
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pant , Rana , Jadhav and K Pandya make it to the Indian side then this would be the ultimate revelation for the IPL

  23. #103
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    If Pant , Rana , Jadhav and K Pandya make it to the Indian side then this would be the ultimate revelation for the IPL
    Jadhav is already an integral part of Indian ODI setup.

  24. #104
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good figures by two young Indian spinners in a high scoring match.

    Negi 1/21(4)
    Chahal 3/31(4)

  25. #105
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to some travel commitments, I won't be able to update this thread anymore.

    Its been an action packed 2 weeks & 20 matches and I really enjoyed following the cream of Indian cricket and upcoming talent. Thank You for all the lovely discussion and comments.

    Have fun, everyone! IPL still has 4 more weeks and 40 matches to offer.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    222
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep82 View Post
    Due to some travel commitments, I won't be able to update this thread anymore.

    Its been an action packed 2 weeks & 20 matches and I really enjoyed following the cream of Indian cricket and upcoming talent. Thank You for all the lovely discussion and comments.

    Have fun, everyone! IPL still has 4 more weeks and 40 matches to offer.
    Hey, atleast post one reply every day on this thread, use Jio sim or JioFi and keep us updated with your comments even while travelling.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,041
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was watching the highlights of SRH and DD - Samson kid can hit the ball quite cleanly. Could be a good prospect.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nitish Rana
    Four innings at No. 3 and four fifties as well..also so far most sixes this season

    today 62 of 34

  29. #109
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    3,933
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep82 View Post
    How exciting is to see the cream of upcoming Indian batting talent playing in one single team, getting ample opportunities to bat in top order and mentored by the legend Rahul Dravid.

    If I have to rate these 4 batting talent, I would rate them as

    1) S.Iyer, 22 year: The best allround batsman of the four. He has the highest first class runs for Mumbai in 3 consecutive season. He has all the strokes, good defense and is an all format player.

    2) R. Pant, 19 year: the most natural striker of all of them. Ideal for ODI & T20. Even though he did have a breakthrough first class season, I would reserve my judgement on his long format credentials. A couple of season of consistency in Ranji Trophy and he will be in contention to be all format WK batsman for the next 10 years.

    3) Sanju Samson, 22 year: A pleasing batsman to watch. Dravid rates him highly but it seems he needs proper guidance & mentorship. He had a fallout in Kerla and has allegations of certain attitude issues. But when with the right guru, the results are all there to be seen.

    4) K. Nair, 25 year: He has the weakest technique among the four but is a fluent stroke maker when in full flow. Also, we can't argue about a triple centurion in test cricket. A massive talent but he has to keep a level head, keep on improving his game and be a solid player for India.
    Sanju and Karun are both awful, slow, selfish batsmen who cost their side 2 or 3 games for every game their performance is good (let alone match-winning).

    Nitish Rana is the real rising star of Indian cricket and will be in the national limited overs squads in no time.

  30. #110
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    4,799
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rama is making a case for himself in T20 side.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    7,735
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a shame to see India go in with Rahane in ODI side who cant clear the fence to save his life when we have talent in the domestic that can do so easily.

    Rana, Pant, Samson are natural stroke makers and can clear the fence easily. The sooner India inducts them the more game time in international arena they will get before 2019 world cup. I wouldn't have any of them for CT, though.

    Also we need to groom Chahal for ODI side, Ashwin is not a wicket-taking option away especially Australia/NZ/SA.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    3,765
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    talents are wasted in IPL..

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,041
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    It is a shame to see India go in with Rahane in ODI side who cant clear the fence to save his life when we have talent in the domestic that can do so easily.

    Rana, Pant, Samson are natural stroke makers and can clear the fence easily. The sooner India inducts them the more game time in international arena they will get before 2019 world cup. I wouldn't have any of them for CT, though.

    Also we need to groom Chahal for ODI side, Ashwin is not a wicket-taking option away especially Australia/NZ/SA.
    Chahal can be quite bad , I don't see him doing too well on the international scene. Jadeja / Ashwin / Kuldeep and Jayant are quite well equipped.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,455
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Is Rahul Shukla playing IPL ? What's his fastest currently ?


    Top 100 fastest balls of IPL 2017 include 3/100 bowled by Indian pacers. 1 each by Umesh, Aaron & Ishant.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  35. #115
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,455
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Now 6 balls in top 100.

    3 by Aaron, 2 by Umesh and 1 by Ishant.


    9th fastest now 150.12 by Aaron.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO many young Indian bowlers have hit 140 kmph+ this IPL - Basil Thampi, Anirudh Chaudhary, Shardul Thakur, Siraj, Sangwan and Siddarth Kaul . Good signs for future

  37. #117
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    12,789
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good to see faster bowlers being prioritised in Indian Cricket.

    Good for the future, and hopefully this ridiculous bias for the batsmen is stopped and equality with both the bat, and ball is the future.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •