If India become weak, so will Bangladesh: BCB chief


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 183
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    919
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    If India become weak, so will Bangladesh: BCB chief

    The Bangladesh Cricket Board chief Nazmul Hasan Papon today said issues that India has regarding ICC's proposed revenue model need to be sorted as a "weaker BCCI means weaker Bangladesh".

    The BCB chief, who is also a part of ICC Working Group, met COA chief Vinod Rai today to discuss issues related to the ICC Board Meeting later this month.

    "Everybody is trying to find a middle path and solve (the revenue structure problem) in a more amicable manner," Hasan told mediapersons after his meeting with the COA.

    "We don't want any member country to get hurt.

    Especially India as they have always supported us. If India becomes weak, we also become weak."

    However, the BCB chief is an advocate of equitable distribution of ICC revenue.

    "I was a party to the decision when N Srinivasan was there and Big Three (India, Australia, England) concept was mooted. Look I believe we need a more equitable distribution but that certainly doesn't mean, you take away India's share.

    No, no that's not what we want."

    Having said that, BCB supremo said there is a need to help member countries which are going through financial crisis.

    Asked about the proposed changes in ICC's governance structure, Hasan said different member nations have different issues.

    "Not all of us had agreed on the governance structure.

    There are a lot of issues that others don't agree and there are some with which we don't agree. That's why it was placed at the ICC Board Meeting for everybody's observation," he said.

    Hasan further said that both BCCI and BCB have submitted their observations on the governance issue.

    While he didn't divulge the details of the meeting today, the BCB chief discussed their differences with the COA.

    "The COA put forth their point on what their concerns on revenue model and governance structure are while we also told them why we are supporting a few issues and not all. We would meet again and want more countries to join us," he concluded.

    http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...-chief-2398217
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th April 2017 at 23:01.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank u bcb. We will always be there for u. U r team has improved a lot in odi cricket and bcci should regularly play odis in india

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    399
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one team in BCCI's pocket forever, Next?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    7,118
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Someone correct me if I am wrong India brings in 70% of ICC revenue.. But after the new money sharing model India chunk of the share is being cut down and being distributed amongst other nations? While England, Australia, Pakistan not losing any of their revenue?

    if BCCI accepts it people from other countries should be grateful to them..

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    21,154
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lets invite Bangladesh for a three match test series next year. @MMHS


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    4,820
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Openly admitting of being a client board. I guess there is some pride in that.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    1,646
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And some of the folks were expecting BCB to send their team to Pakistan, being fully aware of the fact that BCB and its bunch of sellouts are nothing but lapdogs of BCCI.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    919
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    We have a word in Urdu for this sort of behavior/mentality, and it is called ghulaami
    BCCI and Jagmohan Dalmiya supported Bangladesh a lot in getting Test status, after that Bangladesh gets many "Home" Series with India visiting which adds a lot of money for cricket infrastructure and player salaries at both International and domestic level.

    This is the only reason Pakistan wants to host India at any location, the "Home" matches make loads of money for any country which the Indian cricket team visits.

    And also why do you think Bangladesh keeps getting the hosting rights for Asia Cup and other events like ICC Under-19 tournaments? You build proper relationships and prosper in today's time and Bangladesh Cricket Board has been good at it and they must be congratulated for that instead of throwing petty and jealous comments towards them.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    55,251
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    These are great times for India-Bangladesh friendship. Both nations have come a long way in last decade or so and have set the stage for greater cooperation amongst SA nations. Now that their team is throwing serious punches at all comers, only exciting things are expected from the cricketing rivalry too. Let's bring them for a bigger tour next time.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    989
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long Live Indo-Bangla India-Bangladesh friendship and mutual co-operation.

    BCCI must organize a short Odi and T20 series against Bangladesh every two years as a gift to BCB for being an ally. Considering that Bangladesh team is already on the rise and the Best Odi Team ( in Asia) after India, it will make for an interesting battle between the two teams.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,848
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan was one of the least hurt countries financially by this arrangement (if I recall the numbers correctly). Not sure why the reflexive pushback.
    The issue with India not honoring it touring commitments to Pakistan is unrelated to the big three.
    Laslty, Pakistans standard of cricket continues to nosedive in odis (nobody really cares about international t20' bilaterals other than pakistan) which means countries like Bangladesh deserve a bigger seat at the table

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    1,153
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papon the puppet

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need true friends like bcb by our side. I hope along with strengthening of political ties cricket ties will also strengthen to new heights.

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    19,529
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Translation:

    "If we publicly support the BCCI they might give us an extra ODI and T20 at some point"

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,616
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    BCCI and Jagmohan Dalmiya supported Bangladesh a lot in getting Test status, after that Bangladesh gets many "Home" Series with India visiting which adds a lot of money for cricket infrastructure and player salaries at both International and domestic level.

    It is fair to say India has played a substantial part in Bangladesh becoming the no.2 team from the subcontinent. Looking at the enormous progress they've made in the last few years , they will eventually get to the top of the world rankings.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    BCCI and Jagmohan Dalmiya supported Bangladesh a lot in getting Test status, after that Bangladesh gets many "Home" Series with India visiting which adds a lot of money for cricket infrastructure and player salaries at both International and domestic level.

    This is the only reason Pakistan wants to host India at any location, the "Home" matches make loads of money for any country which the Indian cricket team visits.

    And also why do you think Bangladesh keeps getting the hosting rights for Asia Cup and other events like ICC Under-19 tournaments? You build proper relationships and prosper in today's time and Bangladesh Cricket Board has been good at it and they must be congratulated for that instead of throwing petty and jealous comments towards them.
    False. It was Pakistan who helped BCB the most in getting Test status. Pakistan's helped every country and cricket board in times of trouble. Sri Lanka and South Africa being the biggest examples.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear bangladeshi fans u r team is progressing well and in the right track. I can guarantee u that BCCI will not forget u r help and reciprocate in kind to u r board and team

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by czar View Post
    Long Live Indo-Bangla India-Bangladesh friendship and mutual co-operation.

    BCCI must organize a short Odi and T20 series against Bangladesh every two years as a gift to BCB for being an ally. Considering that Bangladesh team is already on the rise and the Best Odi Team ( in Asia) after India, it will make for an interesting battle between the two teams.
    Lovely best ODI team that just lost an ODI to Afghanistan at home, lost a series in Sri Lanka, got whitewashed in NZ and IIRC, even lost to England at home.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    False. It was Pakistan who helped BCB the most in getting Test status. Pakistan's helped every country and cricket board in times of trouble. Sri Lanka and South Africa being the biggest examples.
    How? Can u please explain?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    919
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    False. It was Pakistan who helped BCB the most in getting Test status. Pakistan's helped every country and cricket board in times of trouble. Sri Lanka and South Africa being the biggest examples.
    LOL you will not decide that, Ask BCB who got them Test status, they will reply you with one name: Late Shri Jagmohan Dalmiya

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    LOL you will not decide that, Ask BCB who got them Test status, they will reply you with one name: Late Shri Jagmohan Dalmiya
    I'm not going to bother asking a few puppets in the BCB. The Bangladeshi fans know it themselves.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Lovely best ODI team that just lost an ODI to Afghanistan at home, lost a series in Sri Lanka, got whitewashed in NZ and IIRC, even lost to England at home.
    Drawn a series in sl. Won at home against ind, pak, sa, nz. Their records are far better than pak in odis and rightly they r above pak

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    This thread makes me so happy. Pakistani's take so many things so for granted. The biggest of them being Freedom. I mean, just look at other countries, look at how they have to please other governments to keep stable.

    I'm gonna have a good day today.
    What do you think will happen if BCCI offers PCB a 3 match series every year? #Freedom

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    What do you think will happen if BCCI offers PCB a 3 match series every year? #Freedom
    PCB is doing OK without having a series with India. We're just not hypocrites and we stick to our word. Hope you don't mind.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,041
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that why PCB keeps begging other boards to tour them? Not dependent? Ready to sue any country who doesn't want to tour - if that's not dependency then what is

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Drawn a series in sl. Won at home against ind, pak, sa, nz. Their records are far better than pak in odis and rightly they r above pak
    The drawn series was Tests and we're talking specifically about ODI's. Also, the series win's were 2 years ago.
    Anyway, why are you bringing Pakistan to the discussion? When did I say they were superior or inferior to Pak..

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    Is that why PCB keeps begging other boards to tour them? Not dependent? Ready to sue any country who doesn't want to tour - if that's not dependency then what is
    To sue them is their right when boards don't stick to what they say. And these aren't things just said in the air as part of a discussion, these are agreements.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    India must reward Pakistan for supporting ‘Big Three’: PCB

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    PCB is doing OK without having a series with India. We're just not hypocrites and we stick to our word. Hope you don't mind.


    Really? What happened there? #Freedom #NotHypocrites

    Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shahryar Khan said on Sunday India should stay true to its word of ‘rewarding’ Pakistan for its support for the ‘Big Three’ governance system introduced by the International Cricket Council (ICC) last year.
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/951709/...big-three-pcb/

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    The drawn series was Tests and we're talking specifically about ODI's. Also, the series win's were 2 years ago.
    Anyway, why are you bringing Pakistan to the discussion? When did I say they were superior or inferior to Pak..
    The odi series is a draw as well.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,762
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Big 3 is dead and Pakistan put the final nail in the coffin.

    We will never be subordinate to anyone.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think BCB is smart enough to realize that a strong BCCI means more money for everyone (maybe not PCB)..but still, majority will benefit.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post

    Really? What happened there? #Freedom #NotHypocrites
    Think you missed the part about India not staying true to its word, sport! You can put it whatever way you want it, call it rewarding, giving, begging or whatever you want to but the fact is that there was a mutual agreement signed by both boards to play each other. Clearly, BCCI hasn't fulfilled their promises.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    The odi series is a draw as well.
    Oh, OK. Didn't remember.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    Is that why PCB keeps begging other boards to tour them? Not dependent? Ready to sue any country who doesn't want to tour - if that's not dependency then what is
    Hypocrisy is not bother playing bilateral due border rift but will play in icc events due to mighty 2 points

    and you are one of those who thought pak won,t survive without bcci and not playing at the home

    but here we are still surviving without mighty BCCi deal with it

  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,568
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Exactly, whether we are doing well or doing bad, atleast we are masters of our own destiny and not dependent on anyone else to throw a bone at us to chew on.
    im sorry to burst your bubble
    but shahryar khan is waiting for bone forever
    even recently when he was planning to complaint about BCCI dishonouring the MoU .do you know what happened after that?
    "BCCI thrown a little bone at pcb to just smell on".
    the headline stated . "BCCI ask for permission from the Govt to Play against pak" now you know whats that called? throwing bone at someone .
    thats all it was required for pcb to forget all about complaining and stuff..

    and yea im not favoring anyone here just stating the facts.
    as im least interested in these stuff.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    45,382
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    im sorry to burst your bubble
    but shahryar khan is waiting for bone forever
    even recently when he was planning to complaint about BCCI dishonouring the MoU .do you know what happened after that?
    "BCCI thrown a little bone at pcb to just smell on".
    the headline stated . "BCCI ask for permission from the Govt to Play against pak" now you know whats that called? throwing bone at someone .
    thats all it was required for pcb to forget all about complaining and stuff..

    and yea im not favoring anyone here just stating the facts.
    as im least interested in these stuff.
    So asking someone to honour their promise is waiting for bone?

  37. #37
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    im sorry to burst your bubble
    but shahryar khan is waiting for bone forever
    even recently when he was planning to complaint about BCCI dishonouring the MoU .do you know what happened after that?
    "BCCI thrown a little bone at pcb to just smell on".
    the headline stated . "BCCI ask for permission from the Govt to Play against pak" now you know whats that called? throwing bone at someone .
    thats all it was required for pcb to forget all about complaining and stuff..

    and yea im not favoring anyone here just stating the facts.
    as im least interested in these stuff.
    Shahryar Khan is waiting for the bone? Haha, come on. Khan just showed your entire nation and the world what a hypocrite board BCCI is for not staying true to their word.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    31,054
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    How exactly do India support Bangladesh


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Hypocrisy is not bother playing bilateral due border rift but will play in icc events due to mighty 2 points

    and you are one of those who thought pak won,t survive without bcci and not playing at the home

    but here we are still surviving without mighty BCCi deal with it
    Bcci doesnt care whether pcb survives or not and it doesnt have to.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Think you missed the part about India not staying true to its word, sport! You can put it whatever way you want it, call it rewarding, giving, begging or whatever you want to but the fact is that there was a mutual agreement signed by both boards to play each other. Clearly, BCCI hasn't fulfilled their promises.
    Point is, PCB toed BCCI's line when they were promised handful of series.

    Their stance depends on the kind of "reward" they get from BCCI. So I don't see the freedom you talk about. Also, it makes little sense when you call other boards hypocrites, specially when it is PCB changing it's stance as and when it suits them.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Hypocrisy is not bother playing bilateral due border rift but will play in icc events due to mighty 2 points

    and you are one of those who thought pak won,t survive without bcci and not playing at the home

    but here we are still surviving without mighty BCCi deal with it
    Buddy, we're thriving! Especially with the PSL going strong. PCB doesn't need anyone.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post

    Really? What happened there? #Freedom #NotHypocrites
    oh realy do you know what bcci deal when pakistan agree big 3


    to play pakistan home and away till 2019 so it is pakistan right to asked a reward and lol where are

    desh baghat in bcci how to try to play with pakistan with indian solider where killing at the border i

  43. #43
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Point is, PCB toed BCCI's line when they were promised handful of series.

    Their stance depends on the kind of "reward" they get from BCCI. So I don't see the freedom you talk about. Also, it makes little sense when you call other boards hypocrites, specially when it is PCB changing it's stance as and when it suits them.
    What are you even talking about? PCB was the one that actually did the favour to India by playing in India and starting off the agreement that they'd had with a friendly gesture. PCB doesn't need/want any reward. PCB wants BCCI to honor its promise. You can put that in whatever words you may like.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Bcci doesnt care whether pcb survives or not and it doesnt have to.
    so why bother to deal with PCB in big 3 .???they should have said on face to PCB we are not interested

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    oh realy do you know what bcci deal when pakistan agree big 3


    to play pakistan home and away till 2019 so it is pakistan right to asked a reward and lol where are

    desh baghat in bcci how to try to play with pakistan with indian solider where killing at the border i
    We play by our rules. We decide the rules is bcci mantra particularly with pcb

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    oh realy do you know what bcci deal when pakistan agree big 3


    to play pakistan home and away till 2019 so it is pakistan right to asked a reward and lol where are

    desh baghat in bcci how to try to play with pakistan with indian solider where killing at the border i
    Ok, so PCB's moral stance on Big 3 depends on the kind of rewards they get from BCCI.

    Play series, we support Big 3.

    No series, no Big 3.

    Quite a hypocritical stance, won't you agree?

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,568
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    So asking someone to honour their promise is waiting for bone?
    im not sure about promise thing .
    but if someone said no to me for something im never turning to him for any favor ' period'
    as i stated above earlier im least interested in these matter but your comment kinda force me to reply. specifically the 'bone' thing.
    and yea BCCI owe PCB big time no doubt about that.
    its the failure of ICC that they cant do anything about it. im totally with pcb with this regard .
    Bcci misusing its power here.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    We play by our rules. We decide the rules is bcci mantra particularly with pcb
    you mean if it comes to profit Bcci can do anything against their country

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    so why bother to deal with PCB in big 3 .???they should have said on face to PCB we are interested
    Its pcb who in a face saving measure made an arrangement with bcci in support of big 3. Bcci doesn't need pcb help at all as all other boards have fallen in line with icc.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    What are you even talking about? PCB was the one that actually did the favour to India by playing in India and starting off the agreement that they'd had with a friendly gesture. PCB doesn't need/want any reward. PCB wants BCCI to honor its promise. You can put that in whatever words you may like.
    You started off talking about the freedom PCB enjoys, and how your board isn't a hypocrite like BCB.

    So tell me, what freedom are you talking about when PCB's moral stance depends on the kind of rewards they get from BCCI?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Ok, so PCB's moral stance on Big 3 depends on the kind of rewards they get from BCCI.

    Play series, we support Big 3.

    No series, no Big 3.

    Quite a hypocritical stance, won't you agree?
    if bcci is so strong why asking favor from PCB or any dealing .Bcci could have clear stance on that

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    you mean if it comes to profit Bcci can do anything against their country
    What profit r u talking about? Nothing comes close to ipl in terms of profits for bcci.

    U mean in icc tournaments? Icc gets revenue and bcci doesnt get a single penny from broadcast rights. It may get its share from icc after 1 yr

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    if bcci is so strong why asking favor from PCB or any dealing .Bcci could have clear stance on that
    Don't dodge my question, I am not advertising BCCI's strength here. Do you think PCB's stance on Big 3 is hypocritical because it depends on the kind of rewards they get from BCCI?

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    if bcci is so strong why asking favor from PCB or any dealing .Bcci could have clear stance on that
    When has bcci asked pcb any favors? Its pcb which is the last to fall in line as others had already done so. Pcb doesn't want to get isolated and as a face saving measure sethi accepted big 3 reforms

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    You started off talking about the freedom PCB enjoys, and how your board isn't a hypocrite like BCB.

    So tell me, what freedom are you talking about when PCB's moral stance depends on the kind of rewards they get from BCCI?
    PCB's moral stance depends on BCCI sticking to its word. Any-who, I don't think this'll go any further. PCB wont ask/request/beg/demand/order (whatever you may call it ) for a series anymore. They've seen that BCCI doesn't honor its promises.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    What profit r u talking about? Nothing comes close to ipl in terms of profits for bcci.

    U mean in icc tournaments? Icc gets revenue and bcci doesnt get a single penny from broadcast rights. It may get its share from icc after 1 yr
    Not talking about that ""profit"" i mean like pakistan support for big 3 just like pcb agree

    with icc when bcci agree they will play series with pak

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    When has bcci asked pcb any favors? Its pcb which is the last to fall in line as others had already done so. Pcb doesn't want to get isolated and as a face saving measure sethi accepted big 3 reforms
    lol you mean bcci agree without any pressure from icc to agree playing series with pak and

    pak isolating lol what a joke

    thank u bcci thank you very much
    Last edited by saeed5646; 13th April 2017 at 00:29.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    PCB's moral stance depends on BCCI sticking to its word. Any-who, I don't think this'll go any further. PCB wont ask/request/beg/demand/order (whatever you may call it ) for a series anymore. They've seen that BCCI doesn't honor its promises.
    Then it is not a moral stance, it is a stance that can be bought with money, something BCCI did quite successfully when they wanted to.

    And yes, they won't ask/request/beg/demand/order for a series because they know it is not happening. Again, not a free or moral stance, but a forced move.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    lol you mean bcci agree without any pressure from icc to agree playing series with pak and

    pak isolating lol what a joke

    thank u bcci thank you very much
    If there is pressure from icc then why icc is not forcing bcci to play u r team?

    Nobody cares about what pcb says in icc and u know about it.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    7,364
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Then it is not a moral stance, it is a stance that can be bought with money, something BCCI did quite successfully when they wanted to.

    And yes, they won't ask/request/beg/demand/order for a series because they know it is not happening. Again, not a free or moral stance, but a forced move.
    Because they know BCCI is a board run by hypocrites, cheats and liars. But hey, that's just my opinion.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Buddy, we're thriving! Especially with the PSL going strong. PCB doesn't need anyone.
    agree .hates of to PCb to organizing a successful league in desert and it will further improve INSHALLAH

  62. #62
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    If there is pressure from icc then why icc is not forcing bcci to play u r team?

    Nobody cares about what pcb says in icc and u know about it.
    i think you need to read again about big 3 saga Pcb yes important for icc at that time

    and PCB also does not cares about Bcci apart from that couple of series which were decided

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    agree .hates of to PCb to organizing a successful league in desert and it will further improve INSHALLAH
    Thats the spirit. I congratulate pcb on successful psl and we will also be happy if psl is successful as well because we don't want to see pcb begging bcci for a series.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Because they know BCCI is a board run by hypocrites, cheats and liars. But hey, that's just my opinion.
    PCB's legal case against BCCI will decide that. If they win, then BCCI indeed will be proven everything you say.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Thats the spirit. I congratulate pcb on successful psl and we will also be happy if psl is successful as well because we don't want to see pcb begging bcci for a series.
    No one is begging and if i am wrong you need to see shashank manhor statement about that

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Thats the spirit. I congratulate pcb on successful psl and we will also be happy if psl is successful as well because we don't want to see pcb begging bcci for a series.
    Oh come on, it is not begging. They just like to remind us about it every 2 days.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    No one is begging and if i am wrong you need to see shashank manhor statement about that
    U know that said series will happen only in certain circumstances and that circumstances are not fulfilled and it didn't happen.

    U know it but why keep asking or begging bcci for a series

  68. #68
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    U know that said series will happen only in certain circumstances and that circumstances are not fulfilled and it didn't happen.

    U know it but why keep asking or begging bcci for a series
    ok we will see in the court how is begging and who is hypocrites ,lair and cheat

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    ok we will see in the court how is begging and who is hypocrites ,lair and cheat
    Bring it on pcb. We r waiting eagerly since eternity

  70. #70
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    30,003
    Mentioned
    2667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Lets invite Bangladesh for a three match test series next year. @MMHS
    I would like it other way though - every alternate year 3 Test, 5 ODI & 2 T20 in Bangladesh - I don't mind if boys don't visit India next 3 decades as long as alternate year schedule is maintained😜

  71. #71
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    30,003
    Mentioned
    2667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    We have a word in Urdu for this sort of behavior/mentality, and it is called ghulaami
    Don't talk nonsense like your board chairman. Read BCB chairman's statement carefully & find out on whose for he is talking - Bangladesh cricket or Indian cricket. Then go an try to find out behavioural difference with PAK as a nation when it comes to deal with China.

    What PCB chairman (s) are doing for last few year, try to find an appropriate Urdu word for that.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    30,003
    Mentioned
    2667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    How exactly do India support Bangladesh
    In terms of cricket massive. In terms or other issues, many negatives, but few positives as well, I can start from December 16, 1971 .....

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,081
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong India brings in 70% of ICC revenue.. But after the new money sharing model India chunk of the share is being cut down and being distributed amongst other nations? While England, Australia, Pakistan not losing any of their revenue?

    if BCCI accepts it people from other countries should be grateful to them..
    Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it actually the Indian audience that is bringing the money and not BCCI ?

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,081
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Lets invite Bangladesh for a three match test series next year. @MMHS
    Better for them if we go there, more revenue for them.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    39,136
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    False. It was Pakistan who helped BCB the most in getting Test status. Pakistan's helped every country and cricket board in times of trouble. Sri Lanka and South Africa being the biggest examples.
    LOL.False?

    Dalmiya and BCCI helped BD get test status.Who was ICC chief when BD was proposed as a test team?Dalmiya.It was Dalmiya that rallied together the votes for BCB.

    There is a whole book on how Ali Bacher contacted Dalmiya and how Dalmiya first convinced the Indian govt and then the ICC to get SA back into ICC.SA's first tour after readmission was to India.Please read history before making such comments.I can post the link to the article but PP rules dont allow that website here..

    Anyways here is another one

    In 1991, with apartheid crumbling, Ali Bacher, managing director of South Africa's first truly non-racial cricket body, was keen to get the country back into the Test fold. His plans were blocked by Colin Cowdrey, then chairman of the International Cricket Council, who was worried by the pace of change.

    Bacher turned to Dalmiya, then secretary of the Indian board, who overcame the doubts of his own board president and proposed South Africa's readmission.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...he-jungle.html

    Read Ali Bacher's Biography, how SA were re inducted and how Dalmiya helped is well documented there.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong India brings in 70% of ICC revenue.. But after the new money sharing model India chunk of the share is being cut down and being distributed amongst other nations? While England, Australia, Pakistan not losing any of their revenue?

    if BCCI accepts it people from other countries should be grateful to them..
    How does the BCCI bring 70% of the revenue? In what way?

  77. #77
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    31,054
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Translation:

    "If we publicly support the BCCI they might give us an extra ODI and T20 at some point"
    Oh right, this is the massive contribution from India to Bangladesh's cricket.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    1,031
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There should be a India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan tri series held every year.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    399
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
    There should be a India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan tri series held every year.
    Agree, the Top 3 Exciting teams in a Tri Series held every alternate year in India followed by Bangladesh and so on.

    India -Bangladesh - Afghanistan should be like the Three Musketeers of Asian Cricket.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    1,031
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    Agree, the Top 3 Exciting teams in a Tri Series held every alternate year in India followed by Bangladesh and so on.

    India -Bangladesh - Afghanistan should be like the Three Musketeers of Asian Cricket.
    Afghanistan's home is Noida so it can be considered as Afghanistan and maybe later Kabul too. I'd wager to bet international cricket will come to Afghanistan before Pakistan in the near future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •