Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Pakistan team management warns three players to quit smoking or face being dropped

Last edited by MenInG; 13th April 2017 at 13:35.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If its affecting their fitness then why not,who are those btw?Don't footballers smoke though,could be wrong but i have seen some pics of them smoking.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can ''professional'' sportsmen smoke! Are they stupid? Good that team management is taking action.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Root and a few other England players were seen smoking a couple of years ago. Made the news but I don't think the England management made much of a big deal about it.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly are people basing these suggested names on? Biases and perceptions?

Completely silly to start naming players without any proof. I see no one has heard the age old adage of not judging a book by its cover.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Imad Wasim and Shoaib Malik are not in the Test squad...
    Team Management... it doesn't say anywhere players from the test match squad

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I'm just assessing Imad's fitness as a player... how he couldn't put his foot back in the crease in a first t20, and his generally malaised running as a fielder

I said Imad Wasim 'seems' like one of these players... I didn't say he is one of them

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really disappointing to hear that. There are many sportsmen who smoke occasionally though.

lc(100% - 2px);">

#InziOut

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How can a professional sportsman even think about smoking? Doesn't it seriously damage your ability to run?

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Team Management... it doesn't say anywhere players from the test match squad
    I would assume that this is from the current Pakistan team. Which is the Test squad.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How can a professional sportsman even think about smoking? Doesn't it seriously damage your ability to run?
    Not if it's in moderation

Athletes are generally fit and even if they smoke you can't feel they are unfit. But yes a true sportsman does not smoke if he wants to be at his absolute best.

I am sure cricketers everywhere smoke here and there. They drink too. Drinking is not good flr the body either. Doesn't directly affect your fitness tho which is why it's not frowned upon

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who smokes?

As long as their fitness is good
    Who cares
    Poor fitness
    Drop them

Their personal choice to smoke but if it's hampering their fitness then they should be dropped

PCB being a bit too controlling
    They should take a long hard look at themselves
    Last edited by Jabo; 13th April 2017 at 14:26.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone who is a habitual smoker will find it extremely hard to quit it. I smoke and I know how addictive it is. It's like smoke nain karta to apna dimag nahin chalta, haath nahin chalta, pair nahin chalta (from a bollywood movie).

It's far more addictive than alcohol.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Anyone who is a habitual smoker will find it extremely hard to quit it. I smoke and I know how addictive it is. It's like smoke nain karta to apna dimag nahin chalta, haath nahin chalta, pair nahin chalta (from a bollywood movie).

A friend of mine was a habitual smoker from age 18. He used to smoke 7-8 cigs a day. More so during exam seasons and height of tension during semesters. Then we graduated and secured jobs, he still kept his smoking habit. One time he went to Pakistan, his brother is a doctor in Pakistan and he did an X-ray of my friend. What the X-ray showed shocked him so much that he quite smoking cold-turkey since that day and hasn't had even a puff since. Sure initially he wasn't in the best of moods but eventually he got over it.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quitting smoking affects your working memory. Once youu've been a smoker for a few years you have difficulty performing the activities as a non-smoker that you learned when you were a smoker. Expect a severe drop in form for the players that have been asked to quit. They won't quit infact and will continue to smoke secretly, it's not that easy.
    I remember Arsene getting mad at Shamakh after he was seen smoking Shisha in a London cafe. Zidane is a chain smoker and was as a player.
    Players should be judged on their performances, nothing else.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No surprise the fitness of Amir is so poor. Any professional cricketer who is non serious about his fitness should be dropped.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    No surprise the fitness of Amir is so poor. Any professional cricketer who is non serious about his fitness should be dropped.
    how do you know it's Amir though?

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC, Rashid Latif is said to have smoked a pack during last session of 'Multan Test' where he was the Captain.

Surprised to see that this is among top priorities for PCB. There are problems more significant than Smoking that need to be fixed first.

When you can't do your preliminary basics, blame it on secondaries, assuming this will mask incompetency.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Why can't they switch to ecigs? Nicotine and the ritual of inhaling and exhaling, without the tar and the 4000 carcinogens. I switched eight years ago and have never had an "analog" cig since, and feel infinitely better. Granted, quitting completely is better, but at least ecigs would be much healthier. I'm surprised the players themselves haven't done it on their own accord.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable, they are professional players and they smoke . Even a "small or moderate" amount of smoking has short term and long term consequences and should be absolutely banned . Moderate or small amount of drinking doesn't have any health consequences but can lead to increased drinking with its bad consequences and should be discouraged.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are the three players?

As for quitting, these are professional sportsman, as long as they are meeting fitness standards smoking is their personal issue. Warne smoked, i think so did wasim akram. Berbatov smoked. You can see Rashid latif's pack and shoaibs pack during nauman niaz's show. This is needless babysitting from the management. Another homework gate.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    IIRC, Rashid Latif is said to have smoked a pack during last session of 'Multan Test' where he was the Captain.

Surprised to see that this is among top priorities for PCB. There are problems more significant than Smoking that need to be fixed first.

When you can't do your preliminary basics, blame it on secondaries, assuming this will mask incompetency.
    Wasim Akram and co used to smoke regularly in the dressing room (mid-match) in the mid-90's

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Wasim and Rashid Latif. were great cricketers but not everything they did needs to be followed, smoking is bad for everyone , particularly sportsmen and should be banned for national players, strictly. I'm surprised with lack of education of some people for whom its OK and is players "personal matter".

I think smoking should be included in the banned substances for the players. Anyone found positive should undergo tough counseling to start with. I have never seen a professional player in USA smoking, they might do it but it got to extremely rare.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad smokes.

I think there was an incident a couple of years ago when Shehzad was caught smoking in the bathroom.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Interesting guesses.

Amir is not one of those.

One was a surprise.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Interesting guesses.

One was a surprise.
    Please tell me Babar isn't one of them.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Interesting guesses.

One was a surprise.
    Babar seems to be one of them, can tell that from his physique

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Interesting guesses.

One was a surprise.
    Can you please reveal them bro? Too curious.

I'm guessing Shehzad, Imad are two of them?

As for the surprise... I hope it's not any of the good boys/players like Babar, Hasan.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    So the cricket board which told the world that a specific fast bowler had genital warts now thinks that the identity of smokers is somehow confidential medical information?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting guesses.

One was a surprise.
    Shadab Khan? I doubt it would be Sarfraz, he is way too religious

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2072 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    So the cricket board which told the world that a specific fast bowler had genital warts now thinks that the identity of smokers is somehow confidential medical information?
    I still can't believe that happened.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Please tell me Babar isn't one of them.
    No it's not him

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    why arent the names being mentioned?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shoaib, Asif smoke cannabis in England!

KARACHI, Oct 16: While Pakistan cricket was rocked by another unwanted scandal on Monday, an eye-witness from last month’s eventful tour of England disclosed that both Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif smoked cannabis during the five-match One-day series there.

According to the eye-witness, both Shoaib and Asif used the ‘stuff’ after Pakistan had won the third One-day International at the Rose Bowl in Southampton on Sept 5, almost two weeks after the infamous Oval fiasco.

After the day/night fixture, Shoaib was seen allegedly smoking a cannabis-filled cigarette on the lawn of the team hotel along with Pakistan bowling coach, Waqar Younis.

Asif, meanwhile, practised something similar in the privacy of his room on the hotel’s first floor. The eye-witness saw Asif pull out some of the tobacco from his cigarette to stuff it with the banned substance.

He then lit up his cigarette in presence of Azhar Mota, an England-based recruiting agent who had come to strike a deal with Asif for a county contract.

Asif was then seen smoking away merrily as he asked Azhar Mota to fetch him a lucrative contract.

“Azhar bhai, I am interested in a contract worth 100,000 pounds because only then I would be in a position to give you 10,000 (as commission) if the deal is successful,” Asif was quoted as saying.

The eye-witness, who had come to see the matches from the United States and was at the hotel to meet the players that day, also claimed that he saw Azhar Mahmood, the former Pakistan all-rounder, sitting in Mohammad Yousuf’s room where Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan were busy playing cards.

He saw Azhar passing on two small boxes, used for storing naswar, to the players.

According to the eye-witness, Afridi took one box which had naswar inside it while the other box containing the cannabis — a dried preparation or resinous extract made from a plant used generally illegally as a psychotropic drug — was passed on to Asif.

The Southampton incident surprisingly went unreported, unlike the infamous Grenada episode on the 1992-93 tour of the West Indies when Wasim Akram, Waqar, Mushtaq Ahmed and Aaqib Javed were detained before being released on bail since they had marijuana in their possession.
    https://www.dawn.com/news/215166
    So even some of the Pak players have been doing it in the past, no real surprise tbh.

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik, Imad and Shehzad

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    In 2010

According to the eye-witness, Afridi took one box which had naswar inside it while the other box containing the cannabis — a dried preparation or resinous extract made from a plant used generally illegally as a psychotropic drug — was passed on to Asif.

The Southampton incident surprisingly went unreported, unlike the infamous Grenada episode on the 1992-93 tour of the West Indies when Wasim Akram, Waqar, Mushtaq Ahmed and Aaqib Javed were detained before being released on bail since they had marijuana in their possession.

A lot of stuff coming up after some research

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ahmed Shehzad, Wahab Riaz and Hassan/Imad.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kami is the culprit.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Why can't they switch to ecigs? Nicotine and the ritual of inhaling and exhaling, without the tar and the 4000 carcinogens. I switched eight years ago and have never had an "analog" cig since, and feel infinitely better. Granted, quitting completely is better, but at least ecigs would be much healthier. I'm surprised the players themselves haven't done it on their own accord.
    So is it only me that's shocked to see Nostalgic post in the cricket section?

On topic, if they are habitual smokers and is affecting their fitness levels, then they deserve the drop.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its easier to give up if you have a family.The problem is most of my friends use it as a way to calm nerves which in a way sits back on the subconscious mind.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For once I agree with the team management's decision. Who smokes in this day and age anyway, let alone elite sportsmen?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Who?

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Who?
    I think the majority know that Shehzad has a history of smoking.

Not too sure about the rest.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    I still can't believe that happened.
    Who was it?

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Shadab Khan one of them?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Could be one of the newer lads Fakhar, Shadab or Zakir.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Yes, Wasim and Rashid Latif. were great cricketers but not everything they did needs to be followed, smoking is bad for everyone , particularly sportsmen and should be banned for national players, strictly. I'm surprised with lack of education of some people for whom its OK and is players "personal matter".

I think smoking should be included in the banned substances for the players. Anyone found positive should undergo tough counseling to start with. I have never seen a professional player in USA smoking, they might do it but it got to extremely rare.
    I think everyone agree smoking is not good for health. That said, banning everything that is bad for health is excessive and draconian. Same is true even for potato chips or sugar...there is a limit.

There are few cricketers ever as fit as Wasim bhai. If he used to smoke during his career, it's probably tolerable to do so. Players should be judged on overall fitness level. Even if Nasir Jamshed didnt smoke and Wasim bhai did, we both know who was a world-class athlete.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could be one of the newer lads Fakhar, Shadab or Zakir.
    I thought it was Asad Shafiq...

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are free to do what they want in there own time unfortunately.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    They are free to do what they want in there own time unfortunately.
    Not if it effects their fitness and performance

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Who was it?
    Shoaib Akhtar.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should not be a problem if the three players in question are performing. If the management feels smoking is effecting their performance then they have every reason to demand they stop.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We don't know which players it is though.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's Shadab cos Saj hasn't denied it when I said it

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saj, just put us out of our misery and tell us who it is please.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares as long as they are fit. You can be as fit as anybody even if you smoke. For example, one of the best box to box midfielder in the world, radja Naingolan is addicted to smoking: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...otine-fix/amp/

If a box to box midfielder, a position which needs at least 100x more fitness than cricket, can smoke and still be best in the world, then I don't see the problem with any cricketer doing it. Their life, their decision

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Neem hakeem, it DOES NOT if it's light and in moderation.

It's their life, most international cricketers smoke in moderation. Others even drink.

Why is PCB making it an issue ?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they blow up in your face.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking as a long time smoker who played plenty of sports in my youth including cricket I can categorically say that taking up smoking was the worst thing I have ever done in my life...

Yes it affects your performances.
    Yes it cuts short you life, unless you're extremely lucky. BUT even the lucky ones will suffer in some way and if it's not a full bowl disease then it will be something that they daily to recognise, I.e fitness levels.

IMHO any player who smokes should be given treatment and support to give up, whether they send him to an institute, or hypnotherapy or NRT...

It's a bad addiction and just punishing that player is not going to work.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As professional sportsmen they should know that smoking is terrible for their health.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One is Shadab i think

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    One is Shadab i think
    yes I think so too because Saj isn't denying it

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Only if you use cheap Chinese batteries, or abuse batteries. Otherwise the incidence of batteries blowing up is about the same as for cellphone or laptop batteries.
    Guys no more discussion on this line of topic pls.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who are they??? Does anyone know??

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Do we know who these 3 players are?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea if those 3 players gave up smoking?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Future_Knick View Post
    Any idea if those 3 players gave up smoking?
    One is haris sohail about other i have no idea

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    One is haris sohail about other i have no idea
    Shahzad?

Could be Haris Sohail too but he wasn't in the team last year...

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol if the players have survived a year that means it's all good.
    They are either dropped or quit
    Move on

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one of them Nawaz.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super hitter View Post
    So even some of the Pak players have been doing it in the past, no real surprise tbh.
    The people who wrote this article are idiots. Clearly a fake, they have no evidence. You do not put weed into a cigarette, the filter catches all the THC. Although I wouldn't put it past shoaib or asif to be smoking, but the source is clearly trying to inflate their own ego or completely made up a story by basing it on their character of what they "probably do anyway"

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    may be its, Aamir, Rahit Ali and azar ali or asad shafiq

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put benchmarks on fitness and health, but not habits. Different things work for different people, let adults not be governed like school students..I personally believe sugar is worse than smoking

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I remember seeing Amir sohail light up straight after coming off the pitch in a warm up game in 1996..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I smoked for 11 years and this new year night was the last time I smoked.. For 6 months now I haven’t smoked and it was very easy for me to stop smoking.. I did try earlier also to quit but I used to quit for a day or a week but then got back to smoking, this time I made up my mind that new year will be the last time I smoke (it’s psychological to set a date) and after that I quit..

It has been extremely easy for me, I dont feel like smoking and even the initial few weeks were easy for me.. People say it’s difficult to quit but it really is not it’s very easy if you have made up you right mind.. Just be strong and set a date and quit it.. Trust me it will Ben the best decision of your life and it’s very easy if you actually want to quit..

All these smoke nahi to dimaag nahi chalta or it’s difficult to quit are cliches made by people over the year and honestly it’s nonsense.. It’s all in your mind be strong and quit.

All the best..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaadAliG View Post
    Quitting smoking affects your working memory. Once youu've been a smoker for a few years you have difficulty performing the activities as a non-smoker that you learned when you were a smoker. Expect a severe drop in form for the players that have been asked to quit. They won't quit infact and will continue to smoke secretly, it's not that easy.
    I remember Arsene getting mad at Shamakh after he was seen smoking Shisha in a London cafe. Zidane is a chain smoker and was as a player.
    Players should be judged on their performances, nothing else.

Again I find this nonsense.. My mind worked exactly the same before and after quitting smoking. So I find This argument about affecting working memory as preposterous and senseless..Not even for 1 day I felt any change in mental aspect..
    In fact I have improved my stamina drastically since quitting.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If smoking relaxes your body and mind then why not??
    i know the three smokers I saw them in Nz hahaha they smoking in a gully far off from the hotel they stayed in.. But i m not against smoking occassionally

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Players should be expelled due to poor performances and fitness and not because they smoke. Unless they are smoking during the training or practice sessions.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mystery of the names of the 3 smokers continue