Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 88
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Performances to look out for in the Pakistan One-Day Cup!

    This Pakistan Cup will be very important as, in a way, it is a trial for the CT as the best players will surely be considered to come to England.

    There will be chances for many players to get into the reckoning so what players do you think could be selected based on good performances? I'll start


    Openers: Akmal and Shehzad weren't convincing so the below could come in:

    Sami Aslam (Federal) - we all initally thought he was an ODI player until he dominated England in tests, if he does well he will be considered
    Hussain Talat (Federal) - haven't seen him but some people say he can open
    Zain Abbas (Sindh) - he's played before for Pakistan A
    Salman Butt (Punjab) - no one on here wants him but if he does good...
    Fakhar Zaman (Balochistan) - didn't get a game in WI
    Imam-ul-Haq (Balochistan) - was doing good in emerging cup
    Imran Butt (KP) - he's young and has started well


    Middle order batsman:

    Mohammad Rizwan - found form in ACC u23 cup
    Asif Zakir - didn't get a game in WI
    Fawad Alam - unlikely seeing as there seems to be something against him
    Umar Amin - may have improved recently
    Abdul Rehman Muzamil - good stats
    Umar Akmal - captain, will have responsibility
    Sohaib Maqsood - I rated him before injury
    Saad Ali - heard good things about him
    Haris Sohail - he was amazing, hope his injury hasn't had an impact

    All rounders:
    Anwar Ali - can be a good slogger at the death
    Aamer Yamin - should never have been dropped
    Mohammad Nawaz
    Fahim Ashraf - didn't play vs WI
    Hammad Azam - was good in u23 cup
    Agha Salman - has good stats

    Bowlers:
    Sohail Khan - he should not have been dropped
    Sameen Gul - maybe too young but he's talented, we've seen how Shadab has done
    Rumman Raees - good variations
    Usama Mir
    Mir Hamza
    Usman Shinwari


    Overall, there are a lot of good talented players who can make the squad, only weakness is openers because most of them aren't aggressive, Sharjeel-like openers apart from maybe Zaman and Talat. I will especially be keeping my eye out for the named players. Anyone I have missed that you feel could be considered?

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,301
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three players I am keen to see are Haris Sohail, Hussain Talat and Sohail Khan.

    These 3 should replace Kamran, Shehzad and Asghar/Fahim in the recent odi squad.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,331
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam ul haq and salman butt are too slow for odi cricket. Lets check out the rest.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,349
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some pretty mediocre opening options for the odi game:
    sami aslam: never found a higher gear in international cricket
    imam ul haq: scores at a strike rate of barely 70
    Imran butt: same as above.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,275
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Imam ul haq and salman butt are too slow for odi cricket. Lets check out the rest.
    Imran Butt is also the same.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Some pretty mediocre opening options for the odi game:
    sami aslam: never found a higher gear in international cricket
    imam ul haq: scores at a strike rate of barely 70
    Imran butt: same as above.
    yes, that's what I said, but if they find form and get lots of runs and more importantly, at a strike rate of 90+ they definitely have a chance of being on that plane to England

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,095
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to good performances from Talat, Saad, Haris and hopefully someone who can open so that we can get rid of Kami and Shehzad.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,095
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel left a big hole in our batting line-up, literally and figuratively.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Looking forward to good performances from Talat, Saad, Haris and hopefully someone who can open so that we can get rid of Kami and Shehzad.
    yes I have a feeling Hussain Talat will do well this tournament

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the performances from Sami Aslam, Umar Akmal, Sohail Khan, Mohammad Nawaz and Aamer Yamin. I want them all in the team for CT.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Looking forward to the performances from Sami Aslam, Umar Akmal, Sohail Khan, Mohammad Nawaz and Aamer Yamin. I want them all in the team for CT.
    I agree about Umar Akmal, Sohail Khan and Aamer Yamin. They should all be in the ODI squad and I hope they have excellent tournaments. I don't really rate Nawaz but if he does good then yes he can be considered. Sami Aslam I like a lot, was so annoyed he was dropped from tests but if he does good in this tournament at a GOOD STRIKE RATE, he should be picked .

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another opener I forgot to mention is Israrullah who will be playing for Khyber Pakhtunwa. He is 27, left handed, has a List A average of 38 and a strike rate of 86.17. He's been on the domestic circuit for a few years now, he can definitely push his claims for the CT with a strong showing in the Pakistan Cup

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    22,573
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruhail Nazir
    Saud Shakeel
    Saif Badar
    Zafar Gohar
    Nasir Nawaz

    Will be interested in how these guys do. Hopefully they get fair chances

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    829
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mohammed Ali Butta of Sialkot.

    I hope he gets a team.

    Economic fast bowler.
    Under 4 rpo.

    Sami Aslam to score few tons.

    Ahmed Bashir
    Sadaf Hussain
    Ehtashsam Sultan of lahore Qalandars.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    714
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agha Salman Ali , Nabi Gul , Saad Ali , Saud Shakeel, Sameen Gul, Sami Aslam , Bashir Nawaz, Zafar Gohar, Usama Mir.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,889
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to performances of Fakhar, Haris and Talat.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Ruhail Nazir
    Saud Shakeel
    Saif Badar
    Zafar Gohar
    Nasir Nawaz

    Will be interested in how these guys do. Hopefully they get fair chances
    Ruhail Nazir is just 15 years of age. Wow. Imagine if he gets some runs in this tournament, obviously there is 0% chance of him playing CT but he must be a serious talent

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    2,793
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a little bit of Talat and he looked good. I just hope he can play at a decent pace.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Saw a little bit of Talat and he looked good. I just hope he can play at a decent pace.
    he does have a list A strike rate of 88.34 so hopefully in this tournament he can average 40+ at a SR of 85+.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    1,422
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Zeeshan Malik is playing ?

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,179
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Another opener I forgot to mention is Israrullah who will be playing for Khyber Pakhtunwa. He is 27, left handed, has a List A average of 38 and a strike rate of 86.17. He's been on the domestic circuit for a few years now, he can definitely push his claims for the CT with a strong showing in the Pakistan Cup
    Looked worse than Fakhar when I saw him bat, to be honest.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    If Zeeshan Malik is playing ?
    no, not selected

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Looked worse than Fakhar when I saw him bat, to be honest.
    really? How many times have you seen him bat? Can't judge player after watching just 1-2 innings

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,179
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    really? How many times have you seen him bat? Can't judge player after watching just 1-2 innings
    True, only watched him a couple of times.

    He looked to drag everything to the leg-side and was mis-timing them most of the time, so it left a pretty bad impression.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    236
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zain Abbas, Agha salman, Saad Ali, Hussain Talat, Fahim Ashraf, Rumman, shinwari, Zafar Gohar, Usama mir excited to see these guys !

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    Zain Abbas, Agha salman, Saad Ali, Hussain Talat, Fahim Ashraf, Rumman, shinwari, Zafar Gohar, Usama mir excited to see these guys !
    yep same, anyone showing in UK?

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    15,257
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Three players I am keen to see are Haris Sohail, Hussain Talat and Sohail Khan.

    These 3 should replace Kamran, Shehzad and Asghar/Fahim in the recent odi squad.
    Talat with an inferior average and strike rate make your list but not Saad

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First post on PakPassion (oh the hype):
    First of all the few guys who should never have been dropped, should be the first ones added to the squad. Fawad Alam, Aamer Yamin and Sohail Khan should be in that squad. Apart from Shehzad and Akmal, Hafeez and half the bowlers have to go.
    Hafeez performed Okish in West Indies series but will struggle in England. Amir should have been dropped completely along with Wahab and Junaid. They should go back and play the Pakistan Cup and if they emerge top there select them. Imad Wasim just about hanging in there due to his batting ability but has to be more consistent.
    Finally, one think I'm looking out for is a finisher/big hitter/bowling allrounder. Ideally Pak needs atleast 2, but let's get one in first

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,532
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Interested to see how Fakhar Zaman, Hussain Talat, Haris Sohail, Saad Ali, Saud Shakeel, Asif Zakir, Imran Butt, Zain Abbas, Aamer Yamin, Hammad Azam, Fahim Ashraf, Amad Butt, Usman Shinwari, Rumman Raees, and Usama Mir go.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,540
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I'm looking for batsmen who can play at a SR of above 85 minimum. We are sorely lacking in hard-hitting openers and late order firepower.

    I'll be keeping an eye on Hussain Talat, Saad Ali, Saud Shakeel, Asif Zakir and Abdul Rehman Muzammil.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,301
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Talat with an inferior average and strike rate make your list but not Saad
    I have seen both Talat and Saad bat and Talat has more shots than Saad and I rate him more than Saad as a future prospect.

    But yes I saw Saad few years back playing for the A team so may be he has worked on his deficiencies.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,349
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think iftikhar ahmed will have a good tournament

  33. #33
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,535
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Interested to see how Fakhar Zaman, Hussain Talat, Haris Sohail, Saad Ali, Saud Shakeel, Asif Zakir, Imran Butt, Zain Abbas, Aamer Yamin, Hammad Azam, Fahim Ashraf, Amad Butt, Usman Shinwari, Rumman Raees, and Usama Mir go.
    Don't think Ammad is in any of the squads...

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,535
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ghulam Mudassar, Usman Shinwari, Saif Badar and Saud Shakeel.

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,959
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You will be disappointed for the most part.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Don't think Ammad is in any of the squads...
    no, he isn't. He had a good Pakistan cup last year and then was good in the t20 cup which resulted in an international call up for the T20 against England. However, since then he has been awful. Done nothing noteworthy in FC season, nothing noteworthy in any of the one day cups, nothing noteworthy in the PSL either. I was excited about him but it seems like he will fade away, he may as well become a bodybuilder now

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    13,728
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interested in Talat and Saad Ali performances.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,532
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Don't think Ammad is in any of the squads...
    Okay, so everyone else minus him then.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  39. #39
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    714
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Saif Badar gets consistent chances in this cup. He is the perfect no. 4 , no.5 future bat. Hassan Mohsin is the another youngster who hits big down the order.

    Disappointed to see Ammad missing out.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,460
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Another opener I forgot to mention is Israrullah who will be playing for Khyber Pakhtunwa. He is 27, left handed, has a List A average of 38 and a strike rate of 86.17. He's been on the domestic circuit for a few years now, he can definitely push his claims for the CT with a strong showing in the Pakistan Cup
    Terrible player.


    #1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested to see Hussain Talat , Haris Sohail , Saad Ali and Ghulam Mudasser.
    Btw is Mohammed Abbas playing ?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,408
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz has 3, max 4 years left in career as WK; may be he'll try to stay as specialist bat, but not WK. Therefore, I am interested to watch those 3 young WK - Nazir, Karachi's new young WK & that U19 WK (If they are picked).

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,095
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We need Hussian Talat to have the tournament of his life. We desperately need a hard hitting batsman who can play at any position in the batting order and is also capable of bowling some neat medium pacers.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak_lover6 View Post
    Interested to see Hussain Talat , Haris Sohail , Saad Ali and Ghulam Mudasser.
    Btw is Mohammed Abbas playing ?
    no, he's in West Indies with the test squad

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    We need Hussian Talat to have the tournament of his life. We desperately need a hard hitting batsman who can play at any position in the batting order and is also capable of bowling some neat medium pacers.
    I'm hearing lots of good things about him, does anyone have a video of him?

  46. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,535
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I'm hearing lots of good things about him, does anyone have a video of him?
    I wouldn't go overboard on him.

    Looked good against spin but remains to be seen how he stacks up against good fast bowling.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,349
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    I wouldn't go overboard on him.

    Looked good against spin but remains to be seen how he stacks up against good fast bowling.
    What he has going for him on recent form is that he was in the top 5 runscorers in the regional cup held earlier this year. He played at one down for fata and scored at an average of 80 runs with a strike rate of 90 at one-down. Considering that his team did not make the semi final and final it's a decent aggregate in a tournament where 10 out of 31 matches were washed out or no play due to bad weather and another 5 were decided on duckworth Lewis.
    The negatives are that the regional one day cup is of a lower standard than departmental one day cup for which he was not selected.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,535
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    What he has going for him on recent form is that he was in the top 5 runscorers in the regional cup held earlier this year. He played at one down for fata and scored at an average of 80 runs with a strike rate of 90 at one-down. Considering that his team did not make the semi final and final it's a decent aggregate in a tournament where 10 out of 31 matches were washed out or no play due to bad weather and another 5 were decided on duckworth Lewis.
    The negatives are that the regional one day cup is of a lower standard than departmental one day cup for which he was not selected.
    Couldn't care less about the statistics- what were the bowling attacks like?

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,349
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Couldn't care less about the statistics- what were the bowling attacks like?
    The same as the others faced and didn't score enough to get in to the top 5 or top 10. Plenty of guys racking up high averages playing at a strike rate of 70 though

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,408
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I try not to be bitter with PCB, but PCB never helps. Can anyone explain the Marketing logic of starting a tournament on Sunday afternoon with a D/N fixture?

    This tournament was scheduled on 11th, therefore time wasn't a factor - they could have easily started this one on Friday with a D/N fixture & then 2 matches in weeks end. These people wants to make domestic cricket popular!!!!!!!!!

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I try not to be bitter with PCB, but PCB never helps. Can anyone explain the Marketing logic of starting a tournament on Sunday afternoon with a D/N fixture?

    This tournament was scheduled on 11th, therefore time wasn't a factor - they could have easily started this one on Friday with a D/N fixture & then 2 matches in weeks end. These people wants to make domestic cricket popular!!!!!!!!!
    my only guess is they wanted the players in the ODI squad for WI to be back. WI to Pakistan is a long trip with many stop overs and also big time difference. But it's still very bad organisation, can't say I'm surprised though

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    1,422
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    no, not selected
    That's very unfair. Deserves a spot. Eagerly waiting for his breakthrough before domestic coaches destroy his game.Among U23, he is the best talent we have.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why does the one day cup only have 11 matches? shouldnt it be a season long league alongside the fc? this doesn othing but show players with a short period of form. A bit weird.

    I hope some guys do come through and show their skill set and set the tournament on fire. I think there needs to be a new pace bowler and a new middle order bat.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    That's very unfair. Deserves a spot. Eagerly waiting for his breakthrough before domestic coaches destroy his game.Among U23, he is the best talent we have.
    he is only 20, I wouldn't worry yet he still has plenty of time to make a name for himself. Next season hopefully he gets a chance. He played for Rawalpindi earlier this season in t20 cup and FC season but didn't do anything special, got a couple of 30+ scores, I just hope he doesn't fade away

  55. #55
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,408
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    my only guess is they wanted the players in the ODI squad for WI to be back. WI to Pakistan is a long trip with many stop overs and also big time difference. But it's still very bad organisation, can't say I'm surprised though
    It was initially scheduled to start on 11th, few hours before the 3rd ODI & at one point, both matches would have over lapped. Even, I take that (only 2/3 players are in ODI team, but not in Test team), 3 days was enough, at worst they could have missed one match. I think, no one has considered or took a notice, which is the reason. I am sure, Haroon Rashid will fix those small things ........👍

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    829
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hasan Mohsin- Scored his runs at a very high strikerate during the grade 2 matches.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    714
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish he was in Baluchistan team as their emerging player Shadab is in the test squad to face WI. He is fighting with Saif Badar for 1 emerging spot in the Sindh team. Don't think they will play both.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day for Umar Amin and Aamer Yamin

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    top performers from Punjab v Balochistan match

    Umer Amin 156 (142) after the top order failed.

    Aamer Yamin 5/77, destroyed the top order with the new ball. Scored 56* (37) batting at number 7.


    #InziOut

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,203
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Citizen4 Yamin's bowling figures are an exact opposite reflection of how he'll do in internationals.

    Watched him and he'd regularly go for as many runs as Anwar Ali. Not any better bowling.

    BUT... his batting is good!!


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,539
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    top performers from Punjab v Balochistan match

    Umer Amin 156 (142) after the top order failed.

    Aamer Yamin 5/77, destroyed the top order with the new ball. Scored 56* (37) batting at number 7.
    Fakhar Zaman did well too. He should open with Hafeez/Shehzad for the time being. Kamran needs to be ejected. Aamer Yamin can be useful but he's not better than any of specialist pacers or the two spinners so including him would weaken our bowling. Amin is a failed case, no need to try him out again, especially when we have a packed middle-order and he cannot bat at #6 and be the powerhouse we need.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  62. #62
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,349
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Fakhar Zaman did well too. He should open with Hafeez/Shehzad for the time being. Kamran needs to be ejected. Aamer Yamin can be useful but he's not better than any of specialist pacers or the two spinners so including him would weaken our bowling. Amin is a failed case, no need to try him out again, especially when we have a packed middle-order and he cannot bat at #6 and be the powerhouse we need.
    Sahibzada Farhan had a good match as well. Considering he is the youngest of all the performers yesterday in terms of matches played. Just 4 list A games before this

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Fakhar Zaman did well too. He should open with Hafeez/Shehzad for the time being. Kamran needs to be ejected. Aamer Yamin can be useful but he's not better than any of specialist pacers or the two spinners so including him would weaken our bowling. Amin is a failed case, no need to try him out again, especially when we have a packed middle-order and he cannot bat at #6 and be the powerhouse we need.
    Fakhar should definitely open, he can't do any worse than Kami, Professor or Shehzad. Yamin should be a part of CT squad, I'd replace him with Wahab, because he's declining fast


    #InziOut

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    @Citizen4 Yamin's bowling figures are an exact opposite reflection of how he'll do in internationals.

    Watched him and he'd regularly go for as many runs as Anwar Ali. Not any better bowling.

    BUT... his batting is good!!
    Replace him with Wahab, that will be a sensible move. Wahab is not ODI material anymore, we all know what happened in the last Eng ODI series. Yamin will perform better if he doesn't bowl in the death overs, and bowl with hte new ball and in the middle overs. His batting will be very useful because our line up is already weak, he will be a good asset in the lower order along with Shadab and Imad, Amir can also hit a few shots


    #InziOut

  65. #65
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    Fakhar should definitely open, he can't do any worse than Kami, Professor or Shehzad. Yamin should be a part of CT squad, I'd replace him with Wahab, because he's declining fast
    I wouldn't debut Fakhar in CT. I think Amin should make a comeback. He scored 158*!
    My lineup:
    Hafeez
    Amin
    Babar
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Yamin
    Sohail
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hasan

    Batting is deep and bowling there are options a plenty, with three diverse spin options and four pacers.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,889
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I wouldn't debut Fakhar in CT. I think Amin should make a comeback. He scored 158*!
    My lineup:
    Hafeez
    Amin
    Babar
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Yamin
    Sohail
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hasan

    Batting is deep and bowling there are options a plenty, with three diverse spin options and four pacers.
    Good team.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,386
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I wouldn't debut Fakhar in CT. I think Amin should make a comeback. He scored 158*!
    My lineup:
    Hafeez
    Amin
    Babar
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Yamin
    Sohail
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hasan

    Batting is deep and bowling there are options a plenty, with three diverse spin options and four pacers.
    that's not bad actually, if we had Sharjeel there then I would definitely think we had a decent chance but we all know even that line up you put we won't get. I have a feeling there is something fishy with Yamin due to the way he was just dropped. I don't expect our stupid selectors to pick Sohail either but he should definitely be there

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,539
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    Fakhar should definitely open, he can't do any worse than Kami, Professor or Shehzad. Yamin should be a part of CT squad, I'd replace him with Wahab, because he's declining fast
    Riaz is a tournament player and I can see him doing well in the CT. He can be phased out of ODIs after but he should definitely be on the plane to England.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I wouldn't debut Fakhar in CT. I think Amin should make a comeback. He scored 158*!
    My lineup:
    Hafeez
    Amin
    Babar
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Yamin
    Sohail
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hasan

    Batting is deep and bowling there are options a plenty, with three diverse spin options and four pacers.
    Naw, man. Amin again? Guy has received an ample amount of chances and has never come good. We need someone new to replace the TTFs, not another TTF.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,532
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Riaz is a tournament player and I can see him doing well in the CT. He can be phased out of ODIs after but he should definitely be on the plane to England.



    Naw, man. Amin again? Guy has received an ample amount of chances and has never come good. We need someone new to replace the TTFs, not another TTF.
    How exactly is Amin a TTF? Man has played 15 ODIs across years.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sameen Gul has impressed me most today. Good pace, hurried the batsmen. A set Malik struggled a bit against him.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  71. #71
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,539
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    How exactly is Amin a TTF? Man has played 15 ODIs across years.
    Exactly. Got 15 chances spread out over different stages of his career and he still has the average and SR of a tail-ender. What has he changed in his batting approach that warrants a comeback?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,741
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Exactly. Got 15 chances spread out over different stages of his career and he still has the average and SR of a tail-ender. What has he changed in his batting approach that warrants a comeback?
    at what position did he bat? well he has batted in all from 1-6 across 15 ODIs in 5 years..perfect way to confuse a top-order batsman on how to play and what to do.. In his inns of 156 he was at 100+ SR throughout the inns even when his partners keep falling like pack of cards on the other end
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 17th April 2017 at 18:14.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,891
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Sameen Gul has impressed me most today. Good pace, hurried the batsmen. A set Malik struggled a bit against him.
    I didn't see him today but he reminded me of the Punjab swing bowler Sharma but without the swing.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    that's not bad actually, if we had Sharjeel there then I would definitely think we had a decent chance but we all know even that line up you put we won't get. I have a feeling there is something fishy with Yamin due to the way he was just dropped. I don't expect our stupid selectors to pick Sohail either but he should definitely be there
    i would put haffez either out or @not 5/6 and Hussain Talat needs to be in the mix too

    would have

    1) Hussain Talat
    2) Umar Amin
    3) Babar Azam
    4) Sarfraz
    5) Malik
    6) Haffez
    7)Shadab
    8)Imad
    9)Sohail Khan
    10)Aaamir
    11)Hassan Ali

    3 proper pacers and Hussain Talat is a medium pacer too... a leggie (awesome1), a left arm darter, a decent right arm offie and chip-in Malik
    8 bowling options
    batting till 9/10 ..realistically 9 but aamir can hit a few.

  75. #75
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Exactly. Got 15 chances spread out over different stages of his career and he still has the average and SR of a tail-ender. What has he changed in his batting approach that warrants a comeback?
    Says the guy who just recently wanted Irfan back in the team...

    How is a 27 year old batsman a TTF?


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,889
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should look out for performances of every youngster as they are the future of Pakistan cricket.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,539
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Says the guy who just recently wanted Irfan back in the team...

    How is a 27 year old batsman a TTF?
    Errr... Irfan was a good LOI bowler and won us ODI matches in South Africa. What exactly is the meaning of bringing him into this?

    He's got enough chances and has shown absolutely nothing. His domestic stats are poor, his international stats are minnow-ish, why exactly should he be selected over better batsmen like Talat, Fakhar and Haris?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  78. #78
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Errr... Irfan was a good LOI bowler and won us ODI matches in South Africa. What exactly is the meaning of bringing him into this?

    He's got enough chances and has shown absolutely nothing. His domestic stats are poor, his international stats are minnow-ish, why exactly should he be selected over better batsmen like Talat, Fakhar and Haris?
    Haris scored a 50 at a very good strike rate today. I would pick him as a reserve middle-order batsman for the CT.

    As for Talat and Fakhar, I hope they have good tournaments, but you shouldn't give somebody a debut in a high profile tournament.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  79. #79
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,959
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Supporting Federal. Looks a solid team barring the openers.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,095
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Haris scored a 50 at a very good strike rate today. I would pick him as a reserve middle-order batsman for the CT.

    As for Talat and Fakhar, I hope they have good tournaments, but you shouldn't give somebody a debut in a high profile tournament.
    Which rule book says that?


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •