User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

"PCB should not forget that they are what they are, because of the players" : Shahid Afridi

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1382811...medium=twitter

Former Pakistan T20I captain Shahid Afridi has once again criticised the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) over its mistreatment of players.

Afridi, while talking to the media at that National Stadium in Karachi, praised retirement decisions of Test captain Misbah ul Haq and veteran Younis Khan.

“I think the PCB should not forget that they are because of the players,” said Shahid. “I believe Younus and Misbah took the right decision.”

The 37-year-old praised the team’s performance in the limited-over series against West Indies, and also lauds Sarfraz Ahmed’s captaincy.

“The team performed really well in both limited overs series in the West Indies,” he said. “I think Sarfraz was very good with his captaincy, but he needs to carry everyone forward.”

Afridi, who represented Pakistan in 98 T20Is, also cleared the air regarding his Karachi Kings joining by saying that: “Since I live in Karachi, I joined Karachi Kings.”

"Some big players have retired in the past but they havent been given a good farewell"

"I have always said that a trend should be set for such farewells and yes, I did not get and it does not matter as I have the love of the people which is enough for me"

"But I am happy that PCB is proposing this (farewell) for Misbah and Younis"

"We need players like Abdul Razzaq who in my days could hit the ball at the beginning or end of the inings"

"We need some good all-rounders for our team"

"I would like to congratulate Sarfraz for the way he has taken the team forward"
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th April 2017 at 14:21.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Players are what they are today because PCB selected them to represent their country. Afridi should be thankful that PCB kept selecting him for so many years.

After giving few matured statements Afridi is back to being a 16 year old version of himself again.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "But I am happy that PCB is proposing this (farewell) for Misbah and Younis"
    Nice try.

Afridi could have had his own farewell if he announced his retirement beforehand as well.

Being selected for a match for a farewell is different to announcing you will retire at a certain point whilst being a member of the side.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong in what he said.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Nice try.

Afridi could have had his own farewell if he announced his retirement beforehand as well.

Being selected for a match for a farewell is different to announcing you will retire at a certain point whilst being a member of the side.
    Exactly Hes trying to gather sympathy for himself

The guy retired, played his last match and then several months later asked for a farewell match

hardly the same as misbah and yk who are just retiring, they arent getting a farewell match like he wanted

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I would agree that pcb's current certainly is reflection of its 'star' players over the last decade

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on quality of players and market value that other countries desperate to play and PCB get more money. Yes, players are important for PCB.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should also prepare for tougher opponents: Afridi

KARACHI: Former Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi has congratulated Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmed for leading the team to victories in T20 and One-day International (ODI) series in West Indies but added that the team should also prepare for tougher opponents.

“First I congratulate new captain Sarfraz for leading the team to victories,” Afridi said during a press briefing here on Thursday at National Stadium.

“However, I must warn the players to adapt to contemporary cricket, which demands more power hitting. Beating teams like Australia and South Africa would be tougher and we cannot beat them if we continue to play slow,” he said.

Afridi, who has recently been named among eight Ambassadors of Champions Trophy, said Pakistan have good bowlers and recently some more bowlers have made the cut for the national team after performing well in Pakistan Super League (PSL) but now the need is of good batsmen in the side.

“The only good young batsman we have now is Babar Azam. There is a need to start working on young batsmen in order to provide national team reliable batsmen in near future,” he added.

He said that he has joined Karachi Kings as their President and has planned to start working to find hunt and train talented cricketers initially in Sindh and then in Pakistan.

Afridi has come under criticism for bypassing Pakistan Cricket Board to sign a deal with Karachi Kings while leaving his previous team Peshawar Zalmi without its management consent. However, Afridi has said that he has joined Karachi Kings more in managerial position than as a player.

“I have lived in Karachi and it is my city and I want to work here to train players of the province and subsequently the whole country,” he said.
    Source: https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/198...ponents-Afridi

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afridi should have given two extra farewell games as he was on 98th Game... This is bad from PCB... At least respect the legend who gave you 2009- t-20 cup...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    so he's admitting that the players are clowns

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africans really go out of their way to giving a special farewell to their sporting stars. Ntini farewell match attracted 50,000 spectators

Makhaya Ntini bade farewell to international cricket in Durban, South Africa v India

Indian actor Shahrukh Khan and South African President Jacob Zuma at the Moses Mabhida Stadium giving Makaya Ntini a farewell
    Last edited by TahirFan; 14th April 2017 at 07:12.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    And players are there because of the PCB.

They can select someone else if you're not up for following the rules and behaving.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.