Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 99
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,415
    Mentioned
    1299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    PCB Chairman hinting that Younis Khan retired as he wasn't offered the captaincy

    Shahryar Khan today "For Younis Khan to think that we should give him the Test captaincy at this time was not a correct thing to hope for."

    So it seems that the Chairman is suggesting that Younis Khan wanted the captaincy and that he retired as he was not given it by the PCB.



  2. #2
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,283
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    not a surprise, if that's what spurned the decision.

    Maybe it was all a masterplan by the Chairman to keep Misbah on after the England tour. If Misbah had retired, then YK would have been able to pressure the PCB for captaincy since there were really tours to ANZ coming up. As it is, now we have not tough tours for a while, so no one really cares if YK threatens to leave.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    8,474
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Makes a bit sense although you cannot hold a speculation against YK just because he did what he did and is retrying at the correct time.

    I don't necessarily like these kind of what if statements as it adds nothing to an intellectual debate and just sparks controversy. YK announced his retirement and thats it, he didn't claim at any point that he wanted captaincy nor did he made any remarks about the latter during that last presser.

    These type of scenarios are nothing more than make believe fantasies.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,167
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fully believable given team mans history and recent comments

    He would see playing under a younger captain as an insult


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,292
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well this won't go well with YK. Surely some reply is on the way.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,621
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Other quotes from Shahryar Khan's presser:

    "I have great respect for Younis Khan but him leading the side is a completely different thing altogether"**

    ⁠⁠⁠"For Younis to think that we should give him captaincy at this time was not a correct thing to hope for"

    "We will take a decision on next captain when Misbah retires and all indications are that it will be Sarfraz"

    "Our Test team is very strong and in theory we should win the series as WI's best players are playing in the IPL"

    "Our reps went to England to meet NJ but he gave us the slip and did not make an appearance, although we did manage to speak to his lawyer"

    "Colonel Azam went to the UK to see Nasir Jamshed but he did not appear before us"

    "Our selectors are interested in the future of the team when it comes to captaincy"

    "Appointing a captain who is 35 or 38 would be backward step"

    "Whatever is decided or said by the Tribunal will be shared with the media in full"

    "Khalid Latif can say what he wants but we have a lot of proof available on our side against him"


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    81,531
    Mentioned
    1320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    If the journalists questions are to be believed, there is some campaign being run to get him captaincy as he leaves cricket.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,415
    Mentioned
    1299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Hearing from a few sources that Younis Khan wanted to take over from Misbah as Test captain and that the PCB said no so Younis threw his toys out the pram and said that he will retire.



  9. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,559
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Hearing from a few sources that Younis Khan wanted to take over from Misbah as Test captain and that the PCB said no so Younis threw his toys out the pram and said that he will retire.
    For all the great achievements, YK is like so many PK players that we have seen over the years with his obsession about captaincy. Just contrast this with Tendulkar and how he played without concerning himself about captaincy when he knew he couldn't do the job.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,085
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. Finally. YK is a great TEST batsmen but he is selfish to the core.

    We should remember him for the good things but to demand captaincy at this stage?!

    The sooner he leaves the better.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,339
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TBH YK has three test matches left - the chairman should just keep his mouth shut and let Younis bow out from the game quietly. There's no need to potentially unsettle the side or hurt YK's ego at this stage.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    8,474
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    TBH YK has three test matches left - the chairman should just keep his mouth shut and let Younis bow out from the game quietly. There's no need to potentially unsettle the side or hurt YK's ego at this stage.
    THIS THIS AND THIS !!!!

    I swear if I could buy brain cells and courier them to PCB, I'd do it every other month !!! Just to ensure these kind of botch up don't necessarily happen

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,283
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    TBH YK has three test matches left - the chairman should just keep his mouth shut and let Younis bow out from the game quietly. There's no need to potentially unsettle the side or hurt YK's ego at this stage.
    I think it's happening because yk is muttering all this to his usual groupies in the press

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    2,442
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where are all those people who thought younis is a teamman? These comments are totally believable. Infact younis could play for 2 more years and I completely believe he retired because he wasn't made captain. This is not mohalla team that he would be made captain.

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,099
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Hearing from a few sources that Younis Khan wanted to take over from Misbah as Test captain and that the PCB said no so Younis threw his toys out the pram and said that he will retire.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I cant believe this guy is a career diplomat ....how?. By what defintion?

    By Pak standards, i suppose hes a thorough bred....lol

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,653
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    lol never a dull moment in Pak cricket.

    Team man up to his usual antics.

    SK up to his usual giving away info.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,896
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once again proving that he isn't the team man he says he is.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on one side the captain who won you the 1992 world cup is being praised and on the other side 2009 world cup winning captain is being bashed you guys all are accusing him of not being a team man seriously just think before saying that i feel for yk

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12,542
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would be stupid if this was the case. Man was vice captain for years and finally when he was supposed to take it after Inzi retired, refused and didn't want it. And now he's desperate for captaincy lol.

    I hope this isn't true. But either way a retiring on the WI tour isn't a bad decision anyway. He was coming to the end of his career sooner or later anyway.

    Maybe he just chose to retire as there's nothing to gain from it, not out of spite. He'll get 10K runs probably. Not gonna have a shot at captaincy anyway. And first test series win in WI would be nice. Maybe he just thought it would be a good series to end it on.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,391
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares if he is a self proclaimed "Team Man".

    The only think that matters is how many runs he scores for Pakistan 🇵🇰

    What he does or doesn't do off the pitch is frankly irrelevant to me, unless of course he's breaking the law.

    Every single shinangan from YK has been as a direct consequence of the PCB.

    The only time I will take anything seriously from the chairman of the PCB is when it becomes disconnected from Politics.

    Any misdemeanour by any player, including biting the ball, dancing on the pitch, spot fixing, taking drugs etc etc is all because of the PCB.

    No one can ever tell me otherwise.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,013
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Shahryar Khan today "For Younis Khan to think that we should give him the Test captaincy at this time was not a correct thing to hope for."

    So it seems that the Chairman is suggesting that Younis Khan wanted the captaincy and that he retired as he was not given it by the PCB.
    I own and have read Shahryar's "Cricket, A bridge of peace" and "Cricket Cauldron: The Turbulent Politics of Sport in Pakistan" about his experiences with the team in 99 and 2003-4...I hope he is going to write another one about his last experiences with PCB (2014- 2017)

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,586
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Hearing from a few sources that Younis Khan wanted to take over from Misbah as Test captain and that the PCB said no so Younis threw his toys out the pram and said that he will retire.
    I knew it straight away when he announced his retirement, quite simple to assume as we all know what MYK can do... Having said that Im all for MYK to take the test captaincy...should have given him the captaincy atleast to honour his services to the pakistan team... he is naturally a shrewd and attacking captain compared to MISBAH... I still feel Sarfraz is not the right choice for test captaincy and it will soon backfire... Azhar ali is more deserving compared to Sarfraz..After MISBAH and MYK goes, and if AA doesnt score those daddy hundreds feeling gutted with quiting captaincy , pak not gonna win any match with Sarfraz captaincy alone...

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,476
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Shahryar Khan today "For Younis Khan to think that we should give him the Test captaincy at this time was not a correct thing to hope for."

    So it seems that the Chairman is suggesting that Younis Khan wanted the captaincy and that he retired as he was not given it by the PCB.
    Younis is my all-time favourite Pakistan batsman. But he has had lousy judgment about when to retire, as has Misbah.

    At the end of the Brisbane Test, Mickey Arthur diplomatically passed some coded messages to Inzamam, SK and his players at the press conference:

    1 He had no confidence in Imran Khan's pace or Sohail Khan's stamina.

    2. He wondered whether Misbah and Younis could still pull their weight as players.

    Younis at that time had passed 15 once in six Test innings in Australia and NZ on that tour.

    Younis played four more Test innings that tour. He failed in three of them.

    Overall Younis played ten Test innings in NZ and Australia in 2016-17.

    1 century
    1 fifty (with a shameful dismissal
    8 failures

    It's extraordinary that Younis is so blind to his decline that he thought he could be captain again, at the age of 42, when he fails in 80% of innings and has done outside Asia for years.

    South Africa 12-13: 5 failures in 6 innings
    England 16: 6 failures in 7 innings
    Down Under 16-17: 8 failures in 10 innings

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,621
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    I own and have read Shahryar's "Cricket, A bridge of peace" and "Cricket Cauldron: The Turbulent Politics of Sport in Pakistan" about his experiences with the team in 99 and 2003-4...I hope he is going to write another one about his last experiences with PCB (2014- 2017)
    His statements during this period are enough for several books.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,715
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    TBH YK has three test matches left - the chairman should just keep his mouth shut and let Younis bow out from the game quietly. There's no need to potentially unsettle the side or hurt YK's ego at this stage.
    True, the Chairman is a clown.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,227
    Mentioned
    2385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Lol and to think that some people still think YK is a "team man".

    I know he's retiring and there's no point of talking smack about him now but to learn hat he wanted captaincy at the ripe age of 40 shows how selfish he is.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,677
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis must be waiting for so long to Misbah to retire so he could become the Test Captain and was disappointed when he was rejected.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    381
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was waiting for this. Like I said before it was announced and people were suggesting it was coming up, the news of Younis retiring so calmly and at this time was way too good to be true.

    Still expect him to take it back after he scores one big innings in the series and pressures the board/calms down about not being offered the captaincy.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,415
    Mentioned
    1299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I think it's happening because yk is muttering all this to his usual groupies in the press
    Indeed. And they then question PCB, looking for reasons and answers.



  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,415
    Mentioned
    1299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    I own and have read Shahryar's "Cricket, A bridge of peace" and "Cricket Cauldron: The Turbulent Politics of Sport in Pakistan" about his experiences with the team in 99 and 2003-4...I hope he is going to write another one about his last experiences with PCB (2014- 2017)
    I will suggest it to him.



  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,167
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Who cares if he is a self proclaimed "Team Man".

    The only think that matters is how many runs he scores for Pakistan ����

    What he does or doesn't do off the pitch is frankly irrelevant to me, unless of course he's breaking the law.

    Every single shinangan from YK has been as a direct consequence of the PCB.


    The only time I will take anything seriously from the chairman of the PCB is when it becomes disconnected from Politics.

    Any misdemeanour by any player, including biting the ball, dancing on the pitch, spot fixing, taking drugs etc etc is all because of the PCB.

    No one can ever tell me otherwise.
    so its the PCB's fault that younis is the worst pure odi batsmen in history to play 250 gams, and its all the PCB's fault that younis has a such a massive ego and sense of entitlement

    The PCB's biggest fault was not clamping down on younis early in his career. The guy is worse than afridi


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  33. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    8,544
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    not a surprise, if that's what spurned the decision.

    Maybe it was all a masterplan by the Chairman to keep Misbah on after the England tour. If Misbah had retired, then YK would have been able to pressure the PCB for captaincy since there were really tours to ANZ coming up. As it is, now we have not tough tours for a while, so no one really cares if YK threatens to leave.
    Nicely put.


    And this pathetic person goes on to say remember me as a team person, while he has a problem with being captained by someone junior


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I will suggest it to him.
    Yeah also tell him to try to make it less boring

  35. #35
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    8,544
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    TBH YK has three test matches left - the chairman should just keep his mouth shut and let Younis bow out from the game quietly. There's no need to potentially unsettle the side or hurt YK's ego at this stage.
    Nope. Pcb did the right thing

    Why should this guy go around and lie and act about humble and team man while pcb becomes the punching bag.

    Pcb should expose all these dramaybaaz.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  36. #36
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    8,544
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People in this thread are angry that pcb exposed the truth about everyones favourite faker younis khan.

    Tendulkar was a great player, lacked as a captain but he still played under his juniors no matter what.

    Younis uncles ego was hurt when misbah and him were being discussed together so obviously he was gona go crazy under playing a junior captain.

    This is why groupings happen and why seniority becomes an issue.

    Its people like younis khan who cause these problems. And yet they go on to say that we r team man


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,391
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    so its the PCB's fault that younis is the worst pure odi batsmen in history to play 250 gams, and its all the PCB's fault that younis has a such a massive ego and sense of entitlement

    The PCB's biggest fault was not clamping down on younis early in his career. The guy is worse than afridi
    That's what i'm saying.

    "PCB's biggest fault"


    Players will get away with it or feel emboldened to try and test the boundaries when their employers are a bunch of ex hasbeens appointed due to their connections.

    Until and unless the system changes you will always have sifarish selections, a poor first class system, underpaid players and other misfits like YK who think they can blackmail the system.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    2,956
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Damn SK talks so much.. I don't even know the name of current BCCI head but SK everyone would know..

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    13,185
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why cant the chairman keep his mouth shut? what was the need for this statement?

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    5,633
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These are really poor comments from SRK, why talk about such stuff when matter is settled?? - For once can this man be quite. Why stain YK, when he is leaving, no need to bring this up in press conferences. You got respect your legends, treat them like your children, no need to bring pity stuff at time of celebration. SRK is so annoying
    Last edited by yasir; 14th April 2017 at 22:24.


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,621
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    These are really poor comments from SRK, why talk about such stuff when matter is settled?? - For once can this man be quite. Why stain YK, when he is leaving, no need to bring this up in press conferences. You got respect your legends, treat them like your children, no need to bring pity stuff at time of celebration. SRK is so annoying
    Got confused with the SRK acronym for a moment.

    Seems that the concept of 'No comment' is alien to the PCB.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  42. #42
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    446
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell, on both counts this is wrong.

    Firstly Younis khan who knows that he would only be around another year or two max shouldn't be considered for captaincy as he isn't a long term viable option, it's wrong for him to expect this and this explains why all of a sudden he wants to go even though mikey arthur wanted a bit of a gap before they both retire. Ultimate case of Younis throwing the toys out of the pram and I wasnt expecting this even though he has done this before but I wouldn't have thought that he was going to do this anymore I thought he wanted to prolong his career.

    Secondly who does SK have to make such comments to the media about Younis, they should really learn how to keep things under wraps.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,420
    Mentioned
    3897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    People in this thread are angry that pcb exposed the truth about everyones favourite faker younis khan.

    Tendulkar was a great player, lacked as a captain but he still played under his juniors no matter what.

    Younis uncles ego was hurt when misbah and him were being discussed together so obviously he was gona go crazy under playing a junior captain.

    This is why groupings happen and why seniority becomes an issue.

    Its people like younis khan who cause these problems. And yet they go on to say that we r team man
    There is more talent in Younis Khan's tiny toe then Misbah will ever have. Younis Khan has also won an ICC trophy for Pakistan and was unfortunately booted out/betrayed as captain in the middle of an critically acclaimed run which had immense potential. Misbah wrongly gets credit for getting us to the no.1 ranking but it was mostly due to Younis Khan helping Pakistan level the series in England, furthermore Misbah has held on to the strap selfishly past his prime and contributed to single handedly losing the 2011 World Cup and 2007 T20.
    Last edited by shaz619; 14th April 2017 at 23:43.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,476
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Pathetic stuff from the chairman, the sooner old yeller departs the better.
    I see this differently.

    Pakistan's Test team will still have far, far too many over-30's in Azhar, Shafiq, Yasir and Wahab. Plus eventually Salman Butt.

    Shaharyar Khan is firing a shot across their bows: accept Sarfraz as skipper or you will be gone like Younis Khan.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,420
    Mentioned
    3897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I see this differently.

    Pakistan's Test team will still have far, far too many over-30's in Azhar, Shafiq, Yasir and Wahab. Plus eventually Salman Butt.

    Shaharyar Khan is firing a shot across their bows: accept Sarfraz as skipper or you will be gone like Younis Khan.
    Younis Khan can never be wrong and is the most dignified man in Pakistan, he is one of the greatest batsman of all time and by god you better show him some respect for all he has done for our cricket because his blood, swear and tears have earned that. Shahryar Khan should be charged for treason, this is like a Pakistani helping Virat Kohli figure out how to bat in England! this is the grave crime which Shahryar has committed by stabbing a legend in the back. Disgusting! Shahryar makes me sick honestly cant wait to see the back of him.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 15th April 2017 at 00:02.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  46. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,241
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    @Junaids

    Then Shahriar must be caught by his age finally - if those 4 you mentioned goes till YK, it's about 7 to 9 years - I don't think anyone will last even half of that, because none are actually half the player YK is.

    I think, we shouldn't make too many assumptions based on the comments of this gentleman. I forgot exactly what it is, but there is a phrase in English - Popinje or something like that - it's synonymous to a bird that bubles around whole time it's awake, this guy Shahriar is a perfect example of Popinje, can't keep his mouth shut for a day & if he gublets it, makes an auto correction next day.

    YK is the greatest servant of PAK cricket - Shahriar should allow him to leave peacefully, rather than gaining those small mileage.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    115
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Would be stupid if this was the case. Man was vice captain for years and finally when he was supposed to take it after Inzi retired, refused and didn't want it. And now he's desperate for captaincy lol.

    I hope this isn't true. But either way a retiring on the WI tour isn't a bad decision anyway. He was coming to the end of his career sooner or later anyway.

    Maybe he just chose to retire as there's nothing to gain from it, not out of spite. He'll get 10K runs probably. Not gonna have a shot at captaincy anyway. And first test series win in WI would be nice. Maybe he just thought it would be a good series to end it on.
    He refused it when he had several personal tragedies occurring in his life. He's commented on this later. Bob Woolmer also died and Younis along with the rest of the team were treated as suspects. Losing your loved one's as well as a man you considered a second father does take a toll on anyone. Also being considered a suspect and being detained in the Caribbean by the police is a traumatic experience, let alone considering one of your own teammates might have committed the crime. No sane person would want to captain a team in such circumstances.


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,420
    Mentioned
    3897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    @Junaids

    Then Shahriar must be caught by his age finally - if those 4 you mentioned goes till YK, it's about 7 to 9 years - I don't think anyone will last even half of that, because none are actually half the player YK is.

    I think, we shouldn't make too many assumptions based on the comments of this gentleman. I forgot exactly what it is, but there is a phrase in English - Popinje or something like that - it's synonymous to a bird that bubles around whole time it's awake, this guy Shahriar is a perfect example of Popinje, can't keep his mouth shut for a day & if he gublets it, makes an auto correction next day.

    YK is the greatest servant of PAK cricket - Shahriar should allow him to leave peacefully, rather than gaining those small mileage.
    The best post in this thread, amazing how mere "comments" have been used as the basis to advocate fact. The sooner old yeller leaves the better.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,476
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " Appointing a captain 35-38 year old will be a step backward" , but continuing with a 43 year old with miserable recent form as player and as captain is definitely a way forward, well said Mr Chairman.

    YK, the ultimate team man

  50. #50
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Younis Khan can never be wrong and is the most dignified man in Pakistan, he is one of the greatest batsman of all time and by god you better show him some respect for all he has done for our cricket because his blood, swear and tears have earned that. Shahryar Khan should be charged for treason, this is like a Pakistani helping Virat Kohli figure out how to bat in England! this is the grave crime which Shahryar has committed by stabbing a legend in the back. Disgusting! Shahryar makes me sick honestly cant wait to see the back of him.
    Yonis Khan and dignified? Are you trolling? As senile as srk is, yk is a disgrace not dignified he bullied his way into several world cups when he was nit deserving and he ahould be thankful that after all these tantrums they still let this uncle complete his 10k runs. If you were trolling HaHa

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And good riddance to the fake team man

  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,022
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    People in this thread are angry that pcb exposed the truth about everyones favourite faker younis khan.

    Tendulkar was a great player, lacked as a captain but he still played under his juniors no matter what.

    Younis uncles ego was hurt when misbah and him were being discussed together so obviously he was gona go crazy under playing a junior captain.

    This is why groupings happen and why seniority becomes an issue.

    Its people like younis khan who cause these problems. And yet they go on to say that we r team man
    I agree man. Younis was a great player no doubt; But he will never be able to say that he was a legendary captain. Something that Misbah will be able to say when his career is over. Misbah achieved the pinnacle of the sport- the Test Championship Mace. Younis would never be able to do that as a captain.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  53. #53
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,099
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imagine all the drama Younis would have given us over the last five years were it not for Misbah keeping him in his place

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    5,779
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Top stuff from Shahryar Khan as the team man deserves to be exposed this way.


    Why you wanna talk beef and tuck your chain after that?

  55. #55
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,099
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    He refused it when he had several personal tragedies occurring in his life. He's commented on this later. Bob Woolmer also died and Younis along with the rest of the team were treated as suspects. Losing your loved one's as well as a man you considered a second father does take a toll on anyone. Also being considered a suspect and being detained in the Caribbean by the police is a traumatic experience, let alone considering one of your own teammates might have committed the crime. No sane person would want to captain a team in such circumstances.
    Except that isn't the reason he refused the captaincy is it?

    He refused the captaincy, even though he had been groomed as Inzi's successor for a long time, because Pakistani fans were angry at being eliminated from the World Cup after losing to Ireland.

    Let's keep the rewriting of history to a minimum shall we?

  56. #56
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are the wasting a great career. At almost 40 years I doubt that Younis would want the captaincy now. There seems to be never ending quarrelling and controversy in the Pak camp.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,660
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Captaincy or no captaincy - YK's days were limited and he did the right thing by retiring at this time.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    18,393
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    With due respect, now that he has agreed to retire, why mention it?


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    10,682
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    SRK is a fool.

    Maybe YK needed a reason to continue to play for Pakistan, but painting him as the villian is so wrong when he has announced his retirement. Anil Kumble is selfish as well for captaining India at the age of 37?

  60. #60
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    8,544
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    There is more talent in Younis Khan's tiny toe then Misbah will ever have. Younis Khan has also won an ICC trophy for Pakistan and was unfortunately booted out/betrayed as captain in the middle of an critically acclaimed run which had immense potential. Misbah wrongly gets credit for getting us to the no.1 ranking but it was mostly due to Younis Khan helping Pakistan level the series in England, furthermore Misbah has held on to the strap selfishly past his prime and contributed to single handedly losing the 2011 World Cup and 2007 T20.
    Bro did my post mention misbah anywhere?

    You are acting immature here. Just because you dont agree or like my post you drag someone else here.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  61. #61
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    8,544
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Top stuff from Shahryar Khan as the team man deserves to be exposed this way.
    Exactly, pcb always ends up being the punching bag, while others are wrongly praised


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,420
    Mentioned
    3897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Bro did my post mention misbah anywhere?

    You are acting immature here. Just because you dont agree or like my post you drag someone else here.
    You did mention Misbah actually, stop being so childish and forgetful the moment you find the truth very bitter...

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    10,682
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I agree man. Younis was a great player no doubt; But he will never be able to say that he was a legendary captain. Something that Misbah will be able to say when his career is over. Misbah achieved the pinnacle of the sport- the Test Championship Mace. Younis would never be able to do that as a captain.
    Without Younis Khan's double hundred against Zimbabwe, we would have been whitewashed by Zimbabwe. The GREAT MISBAH UL HAQ

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,420
    Mentioned
    3897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Too many team India fans hating on Khan, come on lads getting to the 10K landmark will be a monumental acheivement for a pakistani and a feat which may never be matched by a pak batsman again; show some apprecitation and respect, try not to be so bitter and stop hating for once.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,420
    Mentioned
    3897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Younis Khan's spectacular run at the test level has concealed Misbah's ineptness as a captain, without Khan in the line up Misbah would not have acheived so much success.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,420
    Mentioned
    3897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Younis Khan does not derserve disrespect based on comments which no.1 are not fact no.2 spewed by an old yeller no.3 being an ATG who has bled for his country to score every single run enroute to the 10K landmark and this is how disgraceful pakistani fans resort to abuse? No shame at all.

    Can Younis Khan somehow take all his test runs back please, he should donate them to bangladesh. Their fans would probably appreciate them more. Pakistan fans are the worst, carry on in your worship of gimmicks in shehzad, afridi , hafeez and malik the real ATG's.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    8,536
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Shahryar Khan today "For Younis Khan to think that we should give him the Test captaincy at this time was not a correct thing to hope for."

    So it seems that the Chairman is suggesting that Younis Khan wanted the captaincy and that he retired as he was not given it by the PCB.
    Shehryar Khan and his big mouth.... now the press has plenty of tabloids till both of them retire

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    10,682
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Younis Khan's spectacular run at the test level has concealed Misbah's ineptness as a captain, without Khan in the line up Misbah would not have acheived so much success.
    THIS, THIS and THIS

    Misbah is the most overrated captain of all time and a very selfish person. Misbah had no reason to continue, could have given a young captain a chance to preform in this series but he wanted fake glory of beating WI team away to inflate his ego and fake stature as a captain

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    115
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Except that isn't the reason he refused the captaincy is it?

    He refused the captaincy, even though he had been groomed as Inzi's successor for a long time, because Pakistani fans were angry at being eliminated from the World Cup after losing to Ireland.

    Let's keep the rewriting of history to a minimum shall we?
    That is a matter of opinion. Younis is a notoriously difficult character who has walked out of Pcb headquarters when the chairman has made him wait for a meeting, he refused to captain in the 2006 ct because he didn't want to be a placeholder captain, etc.

    But the police having you believe that one of your teammates killed your coach in the aftermath of the Ireland loss, and your whole team being detained by the police while the whole world thinks you might have been the murderer, and having already lost a few members of your immediate family very recently altogether does take a psychological toll on any person.

    You are not in his shoes, you can't decide what his reasoning was, Younis doesn't like expressing emotions apart from anger, doesn't mean we should think he was unaffected by all what was happening. A lot of Pakistanis stopped watching and playing cricket after the loss, is it unfair to say that someone so close to the incident did not feel like being involved with the game for a bit, especially when the group he was given to captain were players he had earlier suspected might have killed Woolmer?
    Last edited by A.A.Z; 15th April 2017 at 09:35.


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    586
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another delightful case of washing your dirty linen in public. The PCB and Younis Khan are practically soulmates in that respect.

  71. #71
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,099
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    That is a matter of opinion. Younis is a notoriously difficult character who has walked out of Pcb headquarters when the chairman has made him wait for a meeting, he refused to captain in the 2006 ct because he didn't want to be a placeholder captain, etc.

    But the police having you believe that one of your teammates killed your coach in the aftermath of the Ireland loss, and your whole team being detained by the police while the whole world thinks you might have been the murderer, and having already lost a few members of your immediate family very recently altogether does take a psychological toll on any person.

    You are not in his shoes, you can't decide what his reasoning was, Younis doesn't like expressing emotions apart from anger, doesn't mean we should think he was unaffected by all what was happening. A lot of Pakistanis stopped watching and playing cricket after the loss, is it unfair to say that someone so close to the incident did not feel like being involved with the game for a bit, especially when the group he was given to captain were players he had earlier suspected might have killed Woolmer?



    "You're not in his shoes, you don't know what his reasoning was" -> Proceeds to write up his own fan fiction about Younis Khan's reasoning while completely ignoring the actual statements he made that are a matter of public record.


  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,391
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Exactly, pcb always ends up being the punching bag, while others are wrongly praised
    I refer you to the other thread re Haroon Rashid

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    115
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post


    "You're not in his shoes, you don't know what his reasoning was" -> Proceeds to write up his own fan fiction about Younis Khan's reasoning while completely ignoring the actual statements he made that are a matter of public record.

    What I have written Younis has said on record look it up. You choose to make sarcastic and disparaging remarks for no reason whatsoever, so good luck to you. There's actually no point you looking the statement up in fact since your opinion won't change, you're hung up on what you believe. Anyone can skew facts to fit their perspective of reality. I guess you may not know what losing a loved one feels like so you can't empathise.


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  74. #74
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,099
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    What I have written Younis has said on record look it up. You choose to make sarcastic and disparaging remarks for no reason whatsoever, so good luck to you. There's actually no point you looking the statement up in fact since your opinion won't change, you're hung up on what you believe. Anyone can skew facts to fit their perspective of reality. I guess you may not know what losing a loved one feels like so you can't empathise.
    So nobody else in the team was hurt by Woolmer's passing?

    If this was a one off then maybe your argument might be persuasive but the fact is that this was just another one in a long line of incidents where Younis Khan proved he wasn't captaincy material by failing to control his emotions when the going got tough.

    He's a top batsman but completely unsuited to any kind of responsibility.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    115
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    So nobody else in the team was hurt by Woolmer's passing?

    If this was a one off then maybe your argument might be persuasive but the fact is that this was just another one in a long line of incidents where Younis Khan proved he wasn't captaincy material by failing to control his emotions when the going got tough.

    He's a top batsman but completely unsuited to any kind of responsibility.
    Of course they were but Younis was exceptionally close to him, considering him a 2nd father. Also other players weren't being offered the captaincy, if someone apart from Malik was given the captaincy they might have not accepted it either. Even Malik was initially not sure about accepting the captaincy. Only Yousuf was lobbying for it back then.

    He captained us to the World T20, I don't think the going gets tougher than that. He's not a diplomat or a smooth operator but he was a good captain, he just had the Miandad habit of being too hard on seniors who were already reeling from the captaincy snub. Misbah was polite with Afridi and Younis which was the reason for team harmony. Sarfraz is doing the same with Hafeez and Malik. He's just extremely moody but who isn't in Pakistan cricket apart from Misbah at least outwardly.


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  76. #76
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand all this anger and venom towards our highest test run scorer. The man is a class batsman who we will miss like no one's business. His coming in at number 3 always gave me great comfort when more often then not an early wicket goes down. The PCB seem incapable of showing any respect to our legends.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,476
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So YK is retiring because of this----------' otherwise why would someone retire at such a young age of 42.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,476
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I don't understand all this anger and venom towards our highest test run scorer. The man is a class batsman who we will miss like no one's business. His coming in at number 3 always gave me great comfort when more often then not an early wicket goes down. The PCB seem incapable of showing any respect to our legends.
    People like YK and Misbah did earn lots of respect but they don't know how to maintain it, they lost it due to their selfishness and not retiring when it was long due, even after prolonged failure.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    People like YK and Misbah did earn lots of respect but they don't know how to maintain it, they lost it due to their selfishness and not retiring when it was long due, even after prolonged failure.
    Younis is selfish No way, he has always put the team first and continues to play because he is needed. There is no one out there who can replace him in the side. He would have long retired had we another quality batsman capable of replacing him, same with Misbah.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    18,412
    Mentioned
    996 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm convinced this dinosaur is behind al the leaks which happen in Pak cricket


    #MPGA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •