Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring Sharjeel Khan back, be competitive

I know, people would blast me.

But PCB is making a mess out of this.

Simple logic.

If he is involved in spot fixing, he should get banned for 5 years, or even life ban could be justified

If he's failed to report, warn him and fine him heavily.

Allow him to play CT'17.

Look these are the realistic options for pakistan, when it comes to opening

Azhar
    Shehzad
    Kamran
    Fakhar
    Hafeez
    Sharjeel

Let me mention the average output from these openers(not as per stats, but rather on their potential)

Azhar: avg:38, str.rate:79

Shehzad: avg:33, str.rate:74

Kamran: avg:28, str.rate:83

Fakhar: I just don't see him as an international material, atleast not for another 6 months. There is a lot of work to be done.

Hafeez: avg:35, str.rate:78

Sharjeel: avg:40, str.rate:90

In a team you need 2 openers.

Azhar, Shehzad, Fakhar, Kamran, Hafeez, will mostly lose matches for you, rather than winning.

You cannot afford even 1 among these 5.

Imagine what would be the output if you play 2, from these 5.

End of Powerplay 1:37/2(both openers back to the Pavilion)

Your best bet at CT'17/ Further series would be to have this pair.

Sharjeel
    Azhar/Fakhar/Hafeez

Azhar is not getting younger, it's not common sense to invest in him.

Fakhar, need some more work to be done.

Hafeez, I really don't like him
    But,......he's Hafeez.

He's management's kid.

He is going to be in the team atleast for another year(especially with his performance in this ODI series)

He would also bowl some economical overs.

Sharjeel and Hafeez would form a decent pair.

If PCB is smart(which they aren't), they would bring Sharjeel back to the team, and climb the rankings.

Who knows, even 6th rank is possible. As Bangla bros are not very far, and SL on the decline.

If not, showers of embarrassment await at the CT and the preceding series.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the best to my parosis, hope they get their best opener of last decade, back into the team

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I read this here long time back.

'Bring Amir back, win matches.'

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes we were world beaters when Sharjeel was in the squad

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro Amir was out for 5 years.

And Sharjeel 2 months.

When i say win matches, it's against SL, BAN and WI.

But if they leave Sharjeel, I bet pakistan can't win matches even against, SL and BAN with such poor top order which has HAFEEZ, KAMRAN and SHEHZAD in top 4

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People are overrating him a lot. He is a solid hitter, but he won't win you matches singlehandedely. He failed against England and has done well only against Ireland and Australia.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro sorry i forgot to elaborate.

When i say win matches, i mean against SL, BAN and WI. And odd wins against AUS, NZ and ENG

Without him, you would lose even against the likes of SL, BAN and WI

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry bro, read my another post.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bring him back only if he is innocent.

and yeah i believe a top 4 of Sharjeel, Babar, Haris, and Sarfraz is special and can win matches.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    People are overrating him a lot. He is a solid hitter, but he won't win you matches singlehandedely. He failed against England and has done well only against Ireland and Australia.
    I didn't say singlehandedly.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A sad time when PPers are pinning all their hopes on a hack who can't hit an offside shot to save his life.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    A sad time when PPers are pinning all their hopes on a hack who can't hit an offside shot to save his life.
    Bro, i think you didn't watch him after the ENGLAND series.

Watch the series in Australia.

If you still say, he's a hack.

Let it be. Only hacks would compete with modern cricket teams.

Not Hafeez, Kamran and Shezi

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    I know, people would blast me.

But PCB is making a mess out of this.

Simple logic.

If he is involved in spot fixing, he should get banned for 5 years, or even life ban could be justified

If he's failed to report, warn him and fine him heavily.

Allow him to play CT'17.

Look these are the realistic options for pakistan, when it comes to opening

Azhar
    Shehzad
    Kamran
    Fakhar
    Hafeez
    Sharjeel

Let me mention the average output from these openers(not as per stats, but rather on their potential)

Azhar: avg:38, str.rate:79

Shehzad: avg:33, str.rate:74

Kamran: avg:28, str.rate:83

Fakhar: I just don't see him as an international material, atleast not for another 6 months. There is a lot of work to be done.

Hafeez: avg:35, str.rate:78

Sharjeel: avg:40, str.rate:90

In a team you need 2 openers.

Azhar, Shehzad, Fakhar, Kamran, Hafeez, will mostly lose matches for you, rather than winning.

You cannot afford even 1 among these 5.

Imagine what would be the output if you play 2, from these 5.

End of Powerplay 1:37/2(both openers back to the Pavilion)

Your best bet at CT'17/ Further series would be to have this pair.

Sharjeel
    Azhar/Fakhar/Hafeez

Azhar is not getting younger, it's not common sense to invest in him.

Fakhar, need some more work to be done.

Hafeez, I really don't like him
    But,......he's Hafeez.

He's management's kid.

He is going to be in the team atleast for another year(especially with his performance in this ODI series)

He would also bowl some economical overs.

Sharjeel and Hafeez would form a decent pair.

If PCB is smart(which they aren't), they would bring Sharjeel back to the team, and climb the rankings.

Who knows, even 6th rank is possible. As Bangla bros are not very far, and SL on the decline.

If not, showers of embarrassment await at the CT and the preceding series.
    Stopped reading when you said Kamran had the potential to average 28.....

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix363 View Post
    Stopped reading when you said Kamran had the potential to average 28.....
    Thank you

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    If Sharjeel failed to report an approach he should be banned in line with the rules.

This issue of corruption is far bigger than winning cricket matches. When deciding the punishment, our opening situation shouldn't even be a consideration.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Yes we were world beaters when Sharjeel was in the squad
    You can be competitive with other big teams, with him as an opener.

If not, just keep enjoying the wins against WI

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He played three series

Against ENG, was his comeback series

Against WI Avg:38, str.rate 120(what else do you expect. Especially for a pakistani opener)

Against Australia Avg:50, str.rate 115(Outstanding, against full strength Bowling attack)

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt he had potential but he made his choice (it seems) and will have to do the time.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    976 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sethi sahab the corrupt man he is, became judge, jury and executioner. He declared Sharjeel to be guilty of fixing and now he won't go back on his word otherwise it would be a HUGE slap on his face. Sharjeel will get a minimum of one year ban even if it is just failure to report.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's probably not as good as Sharjeel, but Hussain Talat is still better than most others we have.

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel is the only batsman who can score against big teams he's very confident player and his power hitting is inimitable.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he is proven guilty and if he's proven not guilty he will be back in contention for selection. All we can do is wait for the verdict.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What has Sharjeel done to merit a return? He is another Nasir Jamshed only capable of playing one side of the wicket. I imagine his fitness and waistline could be another reason why no return is pending. Much greater chance of finding him in a kebab shop then on a Cricket field

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not someone who's rooting for his comeback but the position Pakistan's limited overs side is in at the moment they'd happily take a solid hitter who succeeded against Australia any day over TTFs like Shehzad and Akmal who can barely strike in the late 70s.

Now that you feel it, you don't

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lawyer is claiming insufficient evidence. Sharjeel will be back in time for Champions Trophy.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Montreal-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on if Sharjeel will be available for selection in the near future??

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    What has Sharjeel done to merit a return? He is another Nasir Jamshed only capable of playing one side of the wicket. I imagine his fitness and waistline could be another reason why no return is pending. Much greater chance of finding him in a kebab shop then on a Cricket field
    What are you going on about, did you even watch the Australia Series?

The guy averaged 50 in Australia against Australia with a SR of 115. Jamshed can only dream of that. We all know what happened last time Jamshed toured Australia. (2015 WC)

They guy gave us some great starts getting 3 consecutive 50's in his last 3 games and improving greatly in each.

Overall he looked a much better player than in England was on a vast road to improvement. There is no other opener in Pakistan that can even come close to Sharjeel. He's the best we've got.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel is a hack, not another Saeed Anwar or Zaheer Abbas. Even if we put aside every shred of morality that we have, Sharjeel still isn't worth the effort and bad press because he would most likely have been exposed in England and the same fans that are making him out to be a messiah would be calling for his head.

We will find another hack to replace him soon enough. Just like he was a replacement for Kamran, who was a replacement for Nazir who was a replacement for Afridi. Pakistan produces hacks aplenty.
    Last edited by Bilal7; 16th April 2017 at 04:54.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post

The guy averaged 50 in Australia against Australia with a SR of 115. Jamshed can only dream of that. We all know what happened last time Jamshed toured Australia. (2015 WC)

They guy gave us some great starts getting 3 consecutive 50's in his last 3 games and improving greatly in each.

Overall he looked a much better player than in England was on a vast road to improvement. There is no other opener in Pakistan that can even come close to Sharjeel. He's the best we've got.
    Bring Afridi back and watch him blaze a century in 40 balls on the current Australian pitches. Rohit Sharma averages 80 over there in ODIs, that tells you something.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Sharjeel is a hack, not another Saeed Anwar or Zaheer Abbas. Even if we put aside every shred of morality that we have, Sharjeel still isn't worth the effort and bad press because he would most likely have been exposed in England and the same fans that are making him out to be a messiah would be calling for his head.

We will find another hack to replace him soon enough. Just like he was a replacement for Kamran, who was a replacement for Nazir who was a replacement for Afridi. Pakistan produces hacks aplenty.
    Why is he a hack?

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring Afridi back and watch him blaze a century in 40 balls on the current Australian pitches. Rohit Sharma averages 80 over there in ODIs, that tells you something.
    So your trying to tell me we have batsman in Pakistan who can blaze 40 ball hundreds in Australian against Australia.

Interesting analysis, Well Afridi sure accomplished that in the WC 2 years ago. Oh and our current opener Shehzad he sure performed well, along with Nasir Jamshed.

There is no opener in Pakistan who can average 50 at 100 plus SR in Australia that to against a full strength Aussie Attack.

I honestly don't care what Rohit Sharma did in Aus, because I would take Rohit any day over the two openers we've got right now.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All very true. I have to say that in Australia he and Azam looked like the best Pakistani bats for ODIs. Maybe he is he very best as Azam's S/R is not great.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    All very true. I have to say that in Australia he and Azam looked like the best Pakistani bats for ODIs. Maybe he is he very best as Azam's S/R is not great.
    IMO Sharjeel is the best Opener we have got. I wouldn't say that he is a better player than Azam yet, because Babar has been far more consistent, in his short LOI career, but as far as impact goes Sharjeel would have to be the bigger impact player as of right now.

Although I believe Babar has the capability of becoming a more dynamic player because he has shown in moments that he can hit. For example the 2nd WI ODI he scored 25 off 9 deliveries after reaching his hundred. He is still very young at the tender age of 22 and has ample time to work on his game.

As far as our LOI batting is concerned they are both key players for us, and I believe will win Pakistan many matches. I'm just hoping that Sharjeel didn't do any spot fixing.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel Khan is the equivalent loss of Mohammad Amir to a spot fixing scandal...

Amir at one point made us look like we're gonna add some respectability to our loss..

Sharjeel did the same in Australia... his batting provided solace in an otherwise inept middle order who played for their averages specially while chasing a big total

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Let justice take its course.

Amir was only recalled after serving his ban.

Asif and Butt haven't been recalled, but they have served their bans.

All three lost five to seven years of their careers and their wealth. They even went to jail. Although Amir appears to have avoided adult prison by taking two to three years of his alleged true age.

Sharjeel should not avoid punishment just because he is needed. He has to be judged and serve any punishment First.

Otherwise there is no deterrent.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Let justice take its course.

Amir was only recalled after serving his ban.

Asif and Butt haven't been recalled, but they have served their bans.

All three lost five to seven years of their careers and their wealth. They even went to jail. Although Amir appears to have avoided adult prison by taking two to three years of his alleged true age.

Sharjeel should not avoid punishment just because he is needed. He has to be judged and serve any punishment First.

Otherwise there is no deterrent.
    Of course he should be punished if proven guilty for spot fixing but if it was just a matter of failing to report than I don't see why he can't return in time for CT he's already missed 2 months of cricket, he will play a big role in Pakistan CT campaign if he is to be selected.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what is happening in Pak domestic Cricket at the moment so can't say if anyone is performing better. Sharjeel did well in Australia but I am thinking of Salman Butt making a comeback. He would be my choice if that could happen. Another thing with Sharjeel is his fitness and burgeoning waste line. I think he would be better off losing weight in a restaurant then opening the innings for Pak I am talking one day Cricket here. If playing him means dropping Kamran Akmal then is will be acceptable to me.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I don't know what is happening in Pak domestic Cricket at the moment so can't say if anyone is performing better. Sharjeel did well in Australia but I am thinking of Salman Butt making a comeback. He would be my choice if that could happen. Another thing with Sharjeel is his fitness and burgeoning waste line. I think he would be better off losing weight in a restaurant then opening the innings for Pak I am talking one day Cricket here. If playing him means dropping Kamran Akmal then is will be acceptable to me.
    Well here let me tell you the two best performers in the Pakistan domestic circuit for the last while here were Kamran and Shehzad and when they got selected they showed how much Domestic Performance in Pakistan means.

I'm not going to try and argue with you because it should be fairly common sense that Sharjeel was the best opener we had in quite some time and was improving rapidly.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Why is he a hack?

Just because you think he is a special talent, doesn't mean everyone needs to agree.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I fear is, Sethi sahib enforcing ban on him, just to prove himself right.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exactly!!!! Why should he even get banned for failing a report for a local league match. I agree with heavy fine and couple of matches bans not more than that.

We only know how to destroy ourselves by leg pulling. Is IPL any cleaner?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Exactly!!!! Why should he even get banned for failing a report for a local league match. I agree with heavy fine and couple of matches bans not more than that.

We only know how to destroy ourselves by leg pulling. Is IPL any cleaner?
    that will be unfair on Irfan as he got a one year ban

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, I reckon he can win us matches single handedly. If he bats for 10 overs, he can change the match, especially as he is an opener, can really demoralize bowlers

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    that will be unfair on Irfan as he got a one year ban
    He failed to report, twice.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    He failed to report, twice.
    He failed to report an approach fro an International Match. Found out after a month

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I read this here long time back.

'Bring Amir back, win matches.'
    exactly!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why is he a hack?
    Cannot bat in even moderately difficult batting conditions, especially when the ball moves around.

So your trying to tell me we have batsman in Pakistan who can blaze 40 ball hundreds in Australian against Australia.

Interesting analysis, Well Afridi sure accomplished that in the WC 2 years ago. Oh and our current opener Shehzad he sure performed well, along with Nasir Jamshed.

There is no opener in Pakistan who can average 50 at 100 plus SR in Australia that to against a full strength Aussie Attack.

I honestly don't care what Rohit Sharma did in Aus, because I would take Rohit any day over the two openers we've got right now.
    Point being that what Sharjeel did in Australia wasn't all that special considering that the pitches there are tailor-made for a batsman like him. This is the reason I was asking for his inclusion in the test squad as well. However, we don't play in Australia for years now and Sharjeel outside of Australia is nothing special. His pulling and cutting wouldn't work in England.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    no, I reckon he can win us matches single handedly. If he bats for 10 overs, he can change the match, especially as he is an opener, can really demoralize bowlers
    He won't survive for 10 overs, nine times out of ten.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^You rate failures like Junaid. But call Sharjeel a hack.

Okay then stay happy with Shizzy.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cannot bat in even moderately difficult batting conditions, especially when the ball moves around.
    He did bat against Starc, Hazlewood and Pattinson under lights against the new ball. The ball did swing and he was comfortable.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lmao good coping mechanism. Sharjeel was a special batsman and was going to do great things for us in Limited Overs cricket

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He did bat against Starc, Hazlewood and Pattinson under lights against the new ball. The ball did swing and he was comfortable.
    No, it did not and batting in Australia is not difficult. Definitely not for someone like Sharjeel who loves the bounce and can keep playing his short-arm pulls and hacking through the off-side.

Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Lmao good coping mechanism. Sharjeel was a special batsman and was going to do great things for us in Limited Overs cricket
    I never rated him as anything more than a hack even while he was playing. I'm not an idiot who falls in love with the new hack on the block because of his boundary-hitting prowess. He wouldn't have done anything special for us. At most, he would have been a 30 averaging batsman, who strikes at around 110. Great on flat pitches but out of his depth whenever the conditions demanded intelligent batting. Hardly spectacular.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No, it did not and batting in Australia is not difficult. Definitely not for someone like Sharjeel who loves the bounce and can keep playing his short-arm pulls and hacking through the off-side.

I never rated him as anything more than a hack even while he was playing. I'm not an idiot who falls in love with the new hack on the block because of his boundary-hitting prowess. He wouldn't have done anything special for us. At most, he would have been a 30 averaging batsman, who strikes at around 110. Great on flat pitches but out of his depth whenever the conditions demanded intelligent batting. Hardly spectacular.
    Either you are lying or did not watch.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Either you are lying or did not watch.
    Either you are lying or you did not watch. You're a Sharjeel-fan so your perception is clearly altered from the reality. Sharjeel has no game to do well against Starc, Hazlewood and Pattingson when the ball is swinging. Any five-year-old knows this. It is also quite obvious that pitches in Australia are extremely flat and thr conditions are not conducive to swing and seam bowling. Therefore the huge totals and monstrous numbers of guys like Warner and Rohit.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Either you are lying or you did not watch. You're a Sharjeel-fan so your perception is clearly altered from the reality. Sharjeel has no game to do well against Starc, Hazlewood and Pattingson when the ball is swinging. Any five-year-old knows this. It is also quite obvious that pitches in Australia are extremely flat and thr conditions are not conducive to swing and seam bowling. Therefore the huge totals and monstrous numbers of guys like Warner and Rohit.
    The new ball will swing no matter how flat the pitch is, if conditions are conducive to swing.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    The new ball will swing no matter how flat the pitch is, if conditions are conducive to swing.
    Of course. This happens in places like England. It doesn't happen in Australia.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Except that he did, unfortunately you did not watch.

The new ball has always swung in Australia. Pitch conditions do not affect swing. Educate yourself please.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Except that he did, unfortunately you did not watch.

The new ball has always swung in Australia. Pitch conditions do not affect swing. Educate yourself please.
    Yes, Sharjeel's ability to handle swing was on full display in England, where apart from one match, he was unable to score more than 16 runs in any ODI. Truly someone who will be smashing Starc and Hazlewood around in swinging conditions.

You are welcome to keep crying over a fraudulent hack. To me, he's gone.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, Sharjeel's ability to handle swing was on full display in England, where apart from one match, he was unable to score more than 16 runs in any ODI. Truly someone who will be smashing Starc and Hazlewood around in swinging conditions.

The kookaburra did not swing an inch in England.

That's fine.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Sharjeel did fine in tough conditions as well. Good thing apart from his natural timing and hand eye coordination was his commitment and mindset, He was dead sure when he would attack.

Windies in UAE also got some shape with new ball and trapped Azhar but he was good.

During England Series ball did not swing, It was high scoring series with there being a score of 444 by England. Sharjeel got out to soft dismissals which he worked out on later as he was throwing it away, Also in 6 innings he had two fifties in England, Can't really see how it was bad for a comeback series, In first or second match I think he got a virtually unplayable one from Mark Wood.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1st ODI in England: Out to a short delivery from Wood
    2nd ODI in England: Out to an unplayable seaming delivery from Wood
    3rd ODI in England: Caught in the deep off Woakes
    4th ODI in England: Caught in the covers off Jordan
    5th ODI in England: Caught at mid-on off Woakes

Doesn't look to me like he was out-done by swing.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    976 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel had one good series against Australia.

He was guzara in the rest of the series, managing to barely keep his head above the water. PP'ers are making it seem that Sharjeel was the second coming of Gordon Greenidge or Viv Richards.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3820 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    ^You rate failures like Junaid. But call Sharjeel a hack.

Okay then stay happy with Shizzy.
    Don't worry about him, let him live in his parallel world. Sharjeel was not perfect and never would have been, but what people don't understand (or refuse to understand) is that he was our only opener capable of playing modern cricket. Given his playing style, he would have obviously have had a high failure rate, but 5/10 times he would put Pakistan in an extremely good position of scoring big. Our other options don't even do that 2/10 times. As for those claiming that he isn't a Warner or a de Kock, well yes thank you for stating the obvious. However, he is not competing with Warner or de Kock; he is competing with the other openers in Pakistan and he is far better than them in LOI cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    It is not a coping mechanism; he doesn't understand the game. Should have been clear to you by now.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Sharjeel had one good series against Australia.

He was guzara in the rest of the series, managing to barely keep his head above the water. PP'ers are making it seem that Sharjeel was the second coming of Gordon Greenidge or Viv Richards.
    Compared to the likes of Shehzad, he might well be.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's not a world beater (as of yet) but his career was taking off, the guy had freak reflexes and could hit bowlers relentlessly without getting tired. He can put Pak in an excellent position in terms of runs on the board and the next batsmen coming in can start hitting the ball nicely. I want him back asap.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't worry about him, let him live in his parallel world. Sharjeel was not perfect and never would have been, but what people don't understand (or refuse to understand) is that he was our only opener capable of playing modern cricket. Given his playing style, he would have obviously have had a high failure rate, but 5/10 times he would put Pakistan in an extremely good position of scoring big. Our other options don't even do that 2/10 times. As for those claiming that he isn't a Warner or a de Kock, well yes thank you for stating the obvious. However, he is not competing with Warner or de Kock; he is competing with the other openers in Pakistan and he is far better than them in LOI cricket.

It is not a coping mechanism; he doesn't understand the game. Should have been clear to you by now.
    Sigh. Nothing but the regular, low-class digs. Predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    1st ODI in England: Out to a short delivery from Wood
    2nd ODI in England: Out to an unplayable seaming delivery from Wood
    3rd ODI in England: Caught in the deep off Woakes
    4th ODI in England: Caught in the covers off Jordan
    5th ODI in England: Caught at mid-on off Woakes

Doesn't look to me like he was out-done by swing.
    Just because he wasn't dismissed by it doesn't mean he wasn't troubled by it. All those caught outs were because he was unable to play his regular hacking game.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    I think Sharjeel did fine in tough conditions as well. Good thing apart from his natural timing and hand eye coordination was his commitment and mindset, He was dead sure when he would attack.

Windies in UAE also got some shape with new ball and trapped Azhar but he was good.

During England Series ball did not swing, It was high scoring series with there being a score of 444 by England. Sharjeel got out to soft dismissals which he worked out on later as he was throwing it away, Also in 6 innings he had two fifties in England, Can't really see how it was bad for a comeback series, In first or second match I think he got a virtually unplayable one from Mark Wood.
    Don't worry about hating on Sharjeel.

Was probably the best LOI opener in the world, challenging the likes of Warner if not better.

No other ODI opener has done as well as Sharjeel against the top bowling attack of this era AT THEIR home.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Don't worry about hating on Sharjeel.

Was probably the best LOI opener in the world, challenging the likes of Warner if not better.

No other ODI opener has done as well as Sharjeel against the top bowling attack of this era AT THEIR home.
    One series doesn't make anyone the best.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back all criminals by this logic

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3820 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Sigh. Nothing but the regular, low-class digs. Predictable.
    Yes clearly, you are above all of this. Do I need to remind you the number of times you have brought me up needlessly & compared me to Hawkeye? You may not tag me in your 'digs' & I may not post in those threads, but it doesn't mean I don't see them. Not interesting in offending you, but please don't throw stones when you live in a glass house yourself.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This typ of thinking only can see in pak where all the fixer back in the team .what messege they sent to youngster then .they already made a mistake to bring back aamir back what he doen so far nothing just play for past reputation ,so dn't allow any player back in the team who involve in fixing (dosen't matter which typ of ). set a strong standard so no one think again this type of crime.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volcyz View Post
    Bring back all criminals by this logic
    Kindly, read the full post

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From recent build up, it appears as if, PCB is getting much harder on Shahzaib and Khalid.

Sharjeel might get away with this.
    Moreover even before CT, I reckon

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Test fan View Post
    This typ of thinking only can see in pak where all the fixer back in the team .what messege they sent to youngster then .they already made a mistake to bring back aamir back what he doen so far nothing just play for past reputation ,so dn't allow any player back in the team who involve in fixing (dosen't matter which typ of ). set a strong standard so no one think again this type of crime.
    Read full lost, before this ridiculous comment.

I know there are many senseless posters here, that is why I have mentioned something in BOLD.

If u cannot understand English, then sorry, I can't help you out.

Anyways, thanks for the useless comment.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel tagged along for the free food. He didn't fix and he will be acquitted. My 2 cents.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i think i have realized that sharjeel will never play for pakistan again and it is okay.

sawaal ye ni k ap ko kyun nikaala, sawaal ye k ap aaye kaisay.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, a ban of a year or whatever the PCB is dishing out is way too much for not reporting an approach. A fine and a 3 match ban would have done it. Then again I guess they are sending a message but have the players been properly educated on what to do when an approach is made?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel by Pakistan standards was special. He is one Pakistan player who can play the modern LO style.

He was making improvements and I think he could have average about 40 with a 90 plus strike rate.

We obviously miss him and it will take time to replace him but he has only himself to blame.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you continue to be so lax about match fixing, don't cry when it happens again.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePalestine View Post
    If you continue to be so lax about match fixing, don't cry when it happens again.
    Kindly read the post.

If he has done spot fixing, let alone match fixing, he should be banned for 5 years or even life ban could be justified.

U cry here, without reading the post.

Anyways thank u for ur meaningless post