Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 535
  1. #161
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    96/4 in 20.
    98/4 and 74 (67) from Umer Amin..

  2. #162
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    6,051
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amin needz to have a massive tourney here I would not mind him getting one of the opening slots for OD's

  3. #163
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    correction: never given a consistent run ... he and hammad are the biggest victims of hiding seniors behind dropping the youngsters during MISBAH era of odi captaincy....dave gave him the chance to open but not backed by MISBAH, dropped in the following series..
    Actually hammad azam showed promise and he delivered. He was instrumental in paks win against bangladesh in asia cup final with his gritty 30/40 in that low scoring match

    He performed well in u19 where he lead his team to victory by scoring in crunch situations while chasing

    Then he hit broad for a few sixes in t20 at uae when our other batters were having issues in clearing the boundary.

    Hammad Azam cannot be compared to umar amin. I realy feel bad for Hammad Azam, he almost did everything that he was required to do so as to seal his place in pak odi team for atleast 1 year.


    So what if he bowls at 110kph. Dont ask him to bowl. I pray that he gets a chance to represent Pakistan with khair InshAllah soon.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Most of Amin chances in 2013 were at 6


    So many Pakistani batsmen destroyed like this.
    Thanks to MISBAH and the team mgmt... haris sohail was also given chances to come at 5 and 6 intially... then in CWC ANZ he is the no.3 and all legends hiding behind him from the new ball.. MISBAH never promotes himself to no.3 too... terrible times then and now...

  5. #165
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100 up for Punjab, out of which almost 75% have been scored by Amin.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    Actually hammad azam showed promise and he delivered. He was instrumental in paks win against bangladesh in asia cup final with his gritty 30/40 in that low scoring match

    He performed well in u19 where he lead his team to victory by scoring in crunch situations while chasing

    Then he hit broad for a few sixes in t20 at uae when our other batters were having issues in clearing the boundary.

    Hammad Azam cannot be compared to umar amin. I realy feel bad for Hammad Azam, he almost did everything that he was required to do so as to seal his place in pak odi team for atleast 1 year.


    So what if he bowls at 110kph. Dont ask him to bowl. I pray that he gets a chance to represent Pakistan with khair InshAllah soon.
    take a look at his career in cricinfo... he is in did well, dropped next series, then in doing decently dropped next series....

  7. #167
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the same Khalid Usman who was selected for the Test camp?

  8. #168
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CLH playing well.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Thanks to MISBAH and the team mgmt... haris sohail was also given chances to come at 5 and 6 intially... then in CWC ANZ he is the no.3 and all legends hiding behind him from the new ball.. MISBAH never promotes himself to no.3 too... terrible times then and now...
    Lets give Kaptaan benefit of the doubt. I mean maybe he wanted to save him from new ball etc

    As for hammad azam's axing. I think maybe some powerful lobby influenced selection committee. I do not think Misbah ul Haq did that at his own whim.

    Not a Misbah'ul-Haq fan, just saying

    Eg nowadays some individuals are playing in our team. And its not that Sarfaraz was responsible for their selection rather someone in backdround was pulling strings
    Regards

  10. #170
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always an honor watching CLH bat


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,395
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Moin khan says he is 20.Does not matter right now he is atleast 2 seasons away from being remotley international standard also a high probablity may never amount to anything.
    There is a reasonable theory that pakistan win a lot of these under 19 under 15 tournaments, because they are all over-age

  12. #172
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    4,055
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    hehe. both are bad enough at this stage.
    Yet both will be back.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,961
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Has opportunity to make it real big today.
    yes I hope so too.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  14. #174
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammad azam struggling.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,395
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    get proper batsmen and back them... they flourish in the long run... that is what we say investing in the right horse...eg: hashim amla...
    a domestic list A average of 35 and a highest international score of 50 odd against Zim should be a representative sample, I think.
    The Amla example is only valid if his List A averages were mediocre before debut: they were not.

  16. #176
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cricket tadium ..LOL


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,961
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    Actually hammad azam showed promise and he delivered. He was instrumental in paks win against bangladesh in asia cup final with his gritty 30/40 in that low scoring match

    He performed well in u19 where he lead his team to victory by scoring in crunch situations while chasing

    Then he hit broad for a few sixes in t20 at uae when our other batters were having issues in clearing the boundary.

    Hammad Azam cannot be compared to umar amin. I realy feel bad for Hammad Azam, he almost did everything that he was required to do so as to seal his place in pak odi team for atleast 1 year.


    So what if he bowls at 110kph. Dont ask him to bowl. I pray that he gets a chance to represent Pakistan with khair InshAllah soon.
    Hammad is the type of finisher we needed after Razzaq. He has singlehandedly finish matches.

    I blame Sohail Tanvir too for what he did to Hammad in Rawalpindi Rams.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  18. #178
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The commentary is so boring..just telling everything on screen


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Hammad is the type of finisher we needed after Razzaq. He has singlehandedly finish matches.

    I blame Sohail Tanvir too for what he did to Hammad in Rawalpindi Rams.
    He is a batsman. Its still not too late for him. He can play for atleast 5 to 7 more years. I hope he gets a chance to play for pakistan after CT

  20. #180
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picking up gaps beautifully .clh


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,395
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    The commentary is so boring..just telling everything on screen
    Rameez raja syndrome

  22. #182
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar isnt bad for a part timer.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    good that bilal asif is not sent ahead of hammad azam.... some sense prevailing there...

  24. #184
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GHulam mudassar looks very ordinary


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar amin has the best footwork in the country when in form , but he usually gives away his wicket with laziness.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torture ends ..15 off 35


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some more sense prevailing, sending fahim ahead of bilal... good and keep it up Punjab, please dont do waqar at any stage...

  28. #188
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fahim goes on zero. terrible shot.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,961
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will see Fahim first time.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  30. #190
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,576
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharp bowling from Ghulam

  31. #191
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammad Azam fails with the bat.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    GHulam mudassar looks very ordinary
    got two with the short balls.. testing the perennial weakness of pak batsmen clone...

  33. #193
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 in 2 for Ghulam.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    got two with the short balls.. testing the perennial weakness of pak batsmen clone...
    Yah but still is ordinary.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,392
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Woke up to watch IPL match - Amin brought me here. Punjab has lost 5 PAK International inside 28 overs, all in single digit & this guy has scored one of the classiest 88 at 100+ SR!!!! I am sure, he won't be picked for PAK team, because he failed in ENG in 2010.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    will see Fahim first time.
    Lots of people think that Fahim Ashraf is 130- 138 kph medium pace but i think his pace range is 125 to 133

    And he is a batter batsman than a bowler

    I might be wrong since i could not see more of him. i only saw a few deliveries that he bowled

  37. #197
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,576
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Yah but still is ordinary.
    Looks raw.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amin in 90s.

  39. #199
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bilal Asif looks like a proper hack.

  40. #200
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Woke up to watch IPL match - Amin brought me here. Punjab has lost 5 PAK International inside 28 overs, all in single digit & this guy has scored one of the classiest 88 at 100+ SR!!!! I am sure, he won't be picked for PAK team, because he failed in ENG in 2010.
    Scored against a very toothless bowling attack. Not trying to take credit away from him though.

    I think he will get a chance to play for pakistan but after CT

  41. #201
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...doublepost

  42. #202
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amin slowing down 2 of last 12.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,392
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    Scored against a very toothless bowling attack. Not trying to take credit away from him though.

    I think he will get a chance to play for pakistan but after CT
    I am actually talking about the way he has scored the runs. Problem in PAK's batting intelligence is that batsmen are picked on their stats, not how they have scored the runs. This is the biggest reason why PAK has produced highest number of minnow bashers - players with flawed, bottom hand technique are picked on their domestics stats & they keep making stats against lower quality teams at Internationals. You take Awais Zia, Fakhar Zaman .... they'll crash BD, ZIM, SRL or WI attack, because of hitting power, with flawed technique. Afridi, MoHa & Mian has made 20 years career through this window .....

    The way batsmen are picked in PAK, I can tell you that Tamim & Soumya would have never played more than handfull of International matches. Look at a batsman how he has sent the ball, not where - Technique, footwork, 360 shot making ability on either feet with proper timing is the fundamental of a batsman, temperament will come with experience (though not under Captains like Misbah, who is waiting for anyone U29 to fail once).
    Last edited by MMHS; 16th April 2017 at 12:12.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,395
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Woke up to watch IPL match - Amin brought me here. Punjab has lost 5 PAK International inside 28 overs, all in single digit & this guy has scored one of the classiest 88 at 100+ SR!!!! I am sure, he won't be picked for PAK team, because he failed in ENG in 2010.
    No, he won't be picked because of
    - a highest score of 52 against zim in 19 games: most of those games in flat conditions
    - a list A average of 35
    - and nowhere near the top 10 of domestic cricket in the last two odi tournaments.

    Nonetheless if we had to select a team basis just this match and nothing else, his would be the first name on the list

  45. #205
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good field setting by fakhar


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clean hit by bilal.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    4,055
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    • • • 1 • • 1 • • 1 6 • 1 4 • 2 6 •


    strike rotation still nil

  48. #208
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,576
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100 for Amin with a SIX

  49. #209
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    3,662
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100 for the clh


    Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

  50. #210
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amin gets to his 100 with a :6. Lovely innings.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  51. #211
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bilal blind slogging.

  52. #212
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    100 for amin....with a six in style...wow....keep it going...

  53. #213
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,392
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    No, he won't be picked because of
    - a highest score of 52 against zim in 19 games: most of those games in flat conditions
    - a list A average of 35
    - and nowhere near the top 10 of domestic cricket in the last two odi tournaments.

    Nonetheless if we had to select a team basis just this match and nothing else, his would be the first name on the list
    Coupleof years back, in this same PAK Cup, Amin scored 2 of the bst domestic hundreds I have ever seen in IND-PAK - YK was taken to WC.

    He had a 44 as opener against WI in a T20, one of the classiest I have seen - next ODI match he was dropped.

  54. #214
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,576
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I am actually talking about the way he has scored the runs. Problem in PAK's batting intelligence is that batsmen are picked on their stats, not how they have scored the runs. This is the biggest reason why PAK has produced highest number of minnow bashers - players with flawed, bottom hand technique are picked on their domestics stats & they keep making stats against lower quality teams at Internationals. You take Awais Zia, Fakhar Zaman .... they'll crash BD, ZIM, SRL or WI attack, because of hitting power, with flawed technique. Afridi, MoHa & Mian has made 20 years career through this window .....

    The way batsmen are picked in PAK, I can tell you that Tamim & Soumya would have never played more than handfull of International matches. Look at a batsman how he has sent the ball, not where - Technique, footwork, 360 shot making ability on either feet with proper timing is the fundamental of a batsman, temperament will come with experience (though not under Captains like Misbah, who is waiting for anyone U29 to fail once).
    GOod post. I think Sarkaar has an average domestic record but still was picked for BD

  55. #215
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100 for Amin.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bilal can use long handle well..needs some extensive net sessions.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow.. these straight sixers


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  58. #218
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amin should try to stay at the crease till 50 overs.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I am actually talking about the way he has scored the runs. Problem in PAK's batting intelligence is that batsmen are picked on their stats, not how they have scored the runs. This is the biggest reason why PAK has produced highest number of minnow bashers - players with flawed, bottom hand technique are picked on their domestics stats & they keep making stats against lower quality teams at Internationals. You take Awais Zia, Fakhar Zaman .... they'll crash BD, ZIM, SRL or WI attack, because of hitting power, with flawed technique. Afridi, MoHa & Mian has made 20 years career through this window .....

    The way batsmen are picked in PAK, I can tell you that Tamim & Soumya would have never played more than handfull of International matches. Look at a batsman how he has sent the ball, not where - Technique, footwork, 360 shot making ability on either feet with proper timing is the fundamental of a batsman, temperament will come with experience (though not under Captains like Misbah, who is waiting for anyone U29 to fail once).


    Makes sense but someone people are bashing Misbah ul Haq for destroying careers of promising youngsters.
    If tht was true than sarfaraz was supposed to be responsible for ttf in pak team right now.
    Its just that bad people have influence on final 11 picks. Inzi is picking new guys unlike his predecessors but inzi cannot force anyone to play young player in the final 11.

    I think ttf know someone people who help them get selected in final 11

  60. #220
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    No, he won't be picked because of
    - a highest score of 52 against zim in 19 games: most of those games in flat conditions
    - a list A average of 35
    - and nowhere near the top 10 of domestic cricket in the last two odi tournaments.

    Nonetheless if we had to select a team basis just this match and nothing else, his would be the first name on the list
    since 2016 he has been quite decent to good in the domestics among the runs... very disappointed that he didnt get a chance in the PSL..

  61. #221
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,576
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amin lofts Yamin for SIX!!!

  62. #222
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Bilal can use long handle well..needs some extensive net sessions.
    Bilal Asif is not that good imo, when i saw him last time play for pak

  63. #223
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a hit


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  64. #224
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,576
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now a straight FOUR.

  65. #225
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,000
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amin is a delight to watch

    He can't be worse than Shehzad and Kamran

  66. #226
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing bat speed


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  67. #227
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,242
    Mentioned
    779 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Aamer Yamin seems at his most effective with the new ball, but what does he offer beyond that ? Getting hit around here.

  68. #228
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    since 2016 he has been quite decent to good in the domestics among the runs... very disappointed that he didnt get a chance in the PSL..
    he played in psl 2016 but pitches were pathetic so could not score much. Further mgt did not utilize him good
    babar azam did not score much in psl ist

  69. #229
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umer Amin changing gears... what a shot for six over long on...

  70. #230
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,392
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    No PAK batsman has that back lift & bat swing. In fact apart from Tamim, I doubt how many in world cricket has

  71. #231
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,395
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    since 2016 he has been quite decent to good in the domestics among the runs... very disappointed that he didnt get a chance in the PSL..
    fact: he was not in top 10 to top 20 scorers in last two domestic odi tournaments.

  72. #232
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amin plz get to 200.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    4,055
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No PAK batsman has that back lift & bat swing. In fact apart from Tamim, I doubt how many in world cricket has
    Opinions on Amin?

    His international showing was average

  74. #234
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,392
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    he played in psl 2016 but pitches were pathetic so could not score much. Further mgt did not utilize him good
    babar azam did not score much in psl ist
    On top of that PAK plays cricket in UAE, otherwise Amin could have been the medium pace version of MoHa. He can reach 125km & can swing the ball.

  75. #235
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,395
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Coupleof years back, in this same PAK Cup, Amin scored 2 of the bst domestic hundreds I have ever seen in IND-PAK - YK was taken to WC.

    He had a 44 as opener against WI in a T20, one of the classiest I have seen - next ODI match he was dropped.
    Nope. He was not in the top 25 or top 30 run scoring aggregates of Pakistan Cup 2015 or 2016. Maybe this time he will perform what everyone imagines his past performance to be.

  76. #236
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I am actually talking about the way he has scored the runs. Problem in PAK's batting intelligence is that batsmen are picked on their stats, not how they have scored the runs. This is the biggest reason why PAK has produced highest number of minnow bashers - players with flawed, bottom hand technique are picked on their domestics stats & they keep making stats against lower quality teams at Internationals. You take Awais Zia, Fakhar Zaman .... they'll crash BD, ZIM, SRL or WI attack, because of hitting power, with flawed technique. Afridi, MoHa & Mian has made 20 years career through this window .....

    The way batsmen are picked in PAK, I can tell you that Tamim & Soumya would have never played more than handfull of International matches. Look at a batsman how he has sent the ball, not where - Technique, footwork, 360 shot making ability on either feet with proper timing is the fundamental of a batsman, temperament will come with experience (though not under Captains like Misbah, who is waiting for anyone U29 to fail once).
    Agreed... That is why they cant produce elegant stylish batsmen who can score runs against top 3 sides... after MOYO, it took nearly a decade to see Babar again of the same clone...

  77. #237
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,001
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bilal hits a 4 through covers.

  78. #238
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,957
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    On top of that PAK plays cricket in UAE, otherwise Amin could have been the medium pace version of MoHa. He can reach 125km & can swing the ball.

    really! i dont think he bowls that much

    I heard pcb guys saying that its expenive to play in uae. They are looking for alternative route bang lanka and eng.

    Lanka does not bring lots of spectators. Eng will not rent out their top tier grounds to pakistan unless pak hires a great marketing guy who can persuade them. ( i know butt messed it up for pakistan in 2010 )

    Bangladesh, about bangladesh they said that if they approve then bangladesh will bring in lots of spectators. Not sure whether bangladesh will agree to this
    Last edited by pacesensation; 16th April 2017 at 12:26.

  79. #239
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,720
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good stuff by bilal


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  80. #240
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,392
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Opinions on Amin?

    His international showing was average
    He was picked to fail & that is been used as an excuse for eternity. In 2010, English summer was one of the wettest & he has sent to bat at 3 in a line up that had Frahat-Butt opener & Umar at 4. In similar condition, check what that English attack did to much vaunted Indian batting line up a year later.

    Since then, I ma not sure if he has played 3 consecutive matches. Last time I saw him is in UAE - got bowled to an absolute beauty from Strac. I must add that only PAK & it's think tank can send a batsman with his core at 6 .......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •