User Tag List

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will CSK and RR be back in IPL 2018? What will happen to RPS and GL?

Will CSK & RR be back in IPL 2018 ? Their two year suspension ends next year.

What will happen to RPS & GL ? Will they continue to be a part of IPL ? I know there is a mega auction coming up next year.

What will happen to the players who are involved with RPS & GL and were involved with CSK & RR ?

For instance, if GL remains, will they be able to retain McCullum or will CSK get the first priority of retaining McCullum ? Or will it be a clean chit for CSK ?

Welcoming clarifications and guesses.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CSK and RR will be back. Gujarat and Pune will be discarded.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And the circus continues.....

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    And the circus continues.....
    Like it or not, IPL is the future of Cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Don't make personal remarks

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    CSK and RR will be back. Gujarat and Pune will be discarded.
    Any idea, whether CSK & RR can retain some (4) of their past players or not ?

For example, Sanju Samson who is currently involved with Delhi Daredevils was a Rajasthan Royals player. Will RR get any opportunity of retaining him or get any priority (right to match card i.e. right to match the highest bid, RMC card) at the time of picking him in the auction assuming he gets released ?

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little unfair for the fans of Pune and Gujrat to see theor teams just leave the league

Now that you feel it, you don't

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Don't make personal remarks
    Didn't mean to cause offense, just don't see the point of constantly moaning about something without adding anything to the conversation, you don't like ipl no one is asking you to like it, this isn't a thread about whether ipl is good or bad, but about 2 well liked ipl teams and their chance of returning, if you have nothing to say on that don't say anything then.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhalidRafi View Post
    A little unfair for the fans of Pune and Gujrat to see theor teams just leave the league
    No one knows what will happen, smart thing would be increase teams to 10, keep gujrat and pune and bring back csk and rr, lets see what happens.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    No one knows what will happen, smart thing would be increase teams to 10, keep gujrat and pune and bring back csk and rr, lets see what happens.
    didnt ipl once have 10 teams?

#MPGA

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 10 seasons, IPL deserves to have 10 teams. There is enough domestic talent now, lots of international players who should be playing in IPL do not get to play due to limited slots. Will be good to see another 2 teams this a set of 30-35 players getting opportunities including some more international stars and young players from our domestic cricket.

Anyways 2018 will have new auctions. Hopefully its a completely new auction with no team allowed to retain players.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    didnt ipl once have 10 teams?
    yes it did, kochi and pune, both had rubbish owners, kochi owners got into dispute messed things up for themselves, pune had sahara guy as owner, he is in jail today, so you can guess how that went, the current pune owners also seem to be going down this path, ipl needs to start doing a thorough vetting of its owner.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 team IPL is a logistical nightmare and may not happen. One of the main pulls of the IPL is the short duration despite so many matches.If it gets elongated due to additional teams, it can get a little tedious and a lot of international cricketers may have to leave sooner than usual.

If he bowls with a full sleeve and is an off-spinner, rest assured he chucks. Amen

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CSK won't be the same ever even if they manage to assemble same players into the team. Dhoni,Raina,Smith,Mcculum are all on a decline.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redmaverik84 View Post
    10 team IPL is a logistical nightmare and may not happen. One of the main pulls of the IPL is the short duration despite so many matches.If it gets elongated due to additional teams, it can get a little tedious and a lot of international cricketers may have to leave sooner than usual.
    Two matches per day is perfectly doable. Last week we had 3 days with doubleheaders, enjoyed all 6 games.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was because of the long weekend etc. Normal working week you will not find anybody for the 4PM matches, as it is the crowds are dwindling, production value will take a hit

If he bowls with a full sleeve and is an off-spinner, rest assured he chucks. Amen

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    CSK won't be the same ever even if they manage to assemble same players into the team. Dhoni,Raina,Smith,Mcculum are all on a decline.
    they only won 2 titles i saw few days ago

2 other teams have won it so its not as HUGE a deal. so why does it get so much hype?

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    yes it did, kochi and pune, both had rubbish owners, kochi owners got into dispute messed things up for themselves, pune had sahara guy as owner, he is in jail today, so you can guess how that went, the current pune owners also seem to be going down this path, ipl needs to start doing a thorough vetting of its owner.
    so why cant it have 10 now

the problems you mention are due to the owners not due to the structure of league. you can have same problem in even a 6 team league

maybe ipl should have 10-12 teams and have a group stage of 5-6 each

#MPGA

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Den of RCB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL tried with the 10-team policy, didn't work out, too many fixtures; CSK and RR will be back, the other 2 franchises RPS and GL were bid for just 2 years, hence discarded.

All teams will be able to retain 4 players, and the rest will be put into auction.

CSK and RR will have the option of retaining 4 players too from their initial set

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Didn't mean to cause offense, just don't see the point of constantly moaning about something without adding anything to the conversation, you don't like ipl no one is asking you to like it, this isn't a thread about whether ipl is good or bad, but about 2 well liked ipl teams and their chance of returning, if you have nothing to say on that don't say anything then.
    I said what I had to say and that was on topic. Some of you have a habit of start getting personal if anything is said against IPL. This is why mods delete the posts. Just like you have a right to praise the thing you like people also have the right to criticise things which they don't like. You can't call it moaning/crying/whinning.
    You were the one who was not adding anything to the topic because you chose to criticise me for criticising IPL.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said what I had to say and that was on topic. Some of you have a habit of start getting personal if anything is said against IPL. This is why mods delete the posts. Just like you have a right to praise the thing you like people also have the right to criticise things which they don't like. You can't call it moaning/crying/whinning.
    You were the one who was not adding anything to the topic because you chose to criticise me for criticising IPL.
    My friend it is all fun and game(pun intended). Nobody dislikes you but arguments do get funny sometime.

Let us move forward from this incident and now repeat after me "IPL IS GREAT" like million times

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    odi cricket should be scrapped off

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr7great View Post
    yes!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr7great View Post
    Then how do you pay for the expenses incurred from playing the "premium" format - Tests. Right now ODI's are paying bills for tests in SL, WI, Bangladesh,Pakistan and to a lesser extent in SA, India and NZ. Withoug ODI money the "premium" format will also have to be scrapped!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote the exact same thing i wrote to the mod, i am not saying you cannot criticize ipl, you don't like it, it is your opinion and you are entitled to it, all i said was this isn't an ipl discussion thread, this is a thread about 2 ipl teams and whether they come back or not, how is i don't like ipl adding to it, that is all i am saying,

also again i did not get personal or anything but if i have caused any offense to you my friend i apologize, this is a forum everyone is entitled to their opinion, no need to fight over it.