Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"I think that I am not destined to play for Pakistan" : Fawad Alam

If you pose the question of Fawad Alam’s non-selection to anyone in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), you are surely going to receive a wavering answer and the left-handed batsman thinks the reasons behind his continuous snub are obious.

The 31-year-old, who has the highest average in Pakistan’s first-class history, says everyone is picked on their domestic performance while he is ignored time and again.

Pakistan Test team selection: What is the criteria?
    “There are a lot of reasons. I cannot enlist them on screen but favouritism is there,” Fawad said in a PTV Sports show Red Zone. “People think it is a rumour but it is a reality. Newcomers are inducted into the national team and are said to be the performers in the domestic circuit, but then where is Fawad Alam scoring all those runs? Is he performing in Bangladesh’s domestic cricket? He is not selected on his domestic performance while everyone else is picked based on the same criteria.”

When asked what is he doing about it? He said: “I don’t understand this [why I am not being picked]. However, I, at times think, that I am not destined to play for Pakistan. But I am fighting and trying my best to do whatever I can, and I believe good things come to those who wait.”

And how does he keep himself motivated? “I’m not the only one who has faced all this. This gives me hope and I have made a commitment to myself to not give up. When you are playing a lot of people will try to bring you down and only a few will help you lift yourself up. So I try to stay with people who encourage me.”

Test sacking

Fawad scored 168 on his debut Test against Sri Lanka back in 2009 when Younus Khan was leading the side. He was then played in only two more Tests before being dropped and never getting a chance again.

“The turning point was when I sent back after the first Test against New Zealand,” he explained. “I was given no reason for it; I was just told to pack my bags and leave for Pakistan. There are a lot of things that happened. I don’t want to name anyone because it won’t be good for them I guess. I know everything and I’ve heard people talk about everything. I know the real reasons why I was sent back, why I was and am still made a target, because of whom I am targeted; everyone knows these realities.”

Inability to hit big

The biggest critics of Fawad argue that his inability to clear the boundary might prove to be risky for Pakistan. However, the left-handed batsman believes this line of reasoning to be absurd.

“I can’t say anything about that, it’s their opinion,” he said. “But I think runs are not scored only with sixes and fours, they are scored mainly with singles and doubles. You need to know how to improvise. And when the time comes to go big, I am not going to blow my own trumpet, but everyone knows what I have done. I don’t need to tell anyone anything. I know my ability. You cannot stop people from speaking about you. People bring up excuses to not include me. They need to say something.”

PSL snub

Fawad was selected by Karachi Kings as a reserve player during the first edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) and believes people who complained that players were unable to rotate the strike should have picked him instead.

“I wasn’t hopeless [before the draft] but I did feel sad when I wasn’t picked in the first team for Karachi Kings,” said Fawad. “However, when everyone said that players need to learn to rotate strike and take singles and doubles to achieve a 130-run target, I used to laugh that you don’t want a player who can do that in the team and then you are complaining about those things.”

‘Give time to Sarfraz’

Pakistan’s limited-overs sides are being captained by Sarfraz Ahmed — with the PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan hinting at him being given the Test leadership role too — and Fawad thinks he should be given time to deliver results for the team.

“You need to give him time before evaluating him,” he said. “It is not easy to captain the Pakistan side because a lot of things are happening at simultaneously. It is a learning process. He won both [ODI and T20I] series against the West Indies and I hope that he continues to prosper.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1386048...non-selection/
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th April 2017 at 12:44.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A really unfortunate case. His constant omissions makes me very sad and it makes one question the criteria for selection. Much lesser performing players have been given numerous chances. In such a brittle batting line up, it amazes me this guy isn't given a test match since 2009. There surely must be non cricketing reasons for the continuous snub.

I still believe if he would have been given the same support and exposure that Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq got, he would have been a better and much dependable batsman in the team by now.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I feel sad for Fawad, because Fawad's exact clones have played in the team for 18 years.

But, it's also a sad fact that players like Fawad, Malik etc. don't belong in the modern LOI game.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I feel sad for Fawad, because Fawad's exact clones have played in the team for 18 years.

But, it's also a sad fact that players like Fawad, Malik etc. don't belong in the modern LOI game.
    Yes LOIs can be a debate (although I do think he should have played more ODIs), but test matches is no brainer, considering even Ifthikar Ahmed has played a test match.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is he referring to about being sent back from New Zealand?? What happened and who was involved?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should be in test squad once Misbah & Younis retire

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe this guy has been treated so unfairly. Doesn't belong in white ball game but he needs to carry on scoring runs and can replace YK/Misbah, he's still only 31 so does have a few more years

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The turning point was when I sent back after the first Test against New Zealand,” he explained. “I was given no reason for it; I was just told to pack my bags and leave for Pakistan. There are a lot of things that happened. I don’t want to name anyone because it won’t be good for them I guess. I know everything and I’ve heard people talk about everything. I know the real reasons why I was sent back, why I was and am still made a target, because of whom I am targeted; everyone knows these realities.”
    He was sent home after the 1st test in Australia, not New Zealand.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ausvpak0...ry/441932.html

Or am I missing something?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He should be in the Test team.

Once the two seniors leave, he should be one of the guaranteed names in the playing 11.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    He was sent home after the 1st test in Australia, not New Zealand.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ausvpak0...ry/441932.html

Or am I missing something?
    he may be mistaken

its been 8 years

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think he is correct, in his assessment.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He and Haris should take the spots of Misbah and Younis.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate guy. May not be in ODI (though his ODI stats are similar to Misbah), but he should have been PAK Test regular; particularly considering that PAK played most of it's Test in UAE. Fawad has issues against pace, but he could gave justified his FC stats in UAE Tests. On top of that, he was good enough bowler to fulfill batting all rounders role.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Solid batsman, not sure why he has never played Tests again but he was a promising player. Opened up the batting and made 168 which is not his natural position.

Even in ODIs he was doing well until the Australia tour, he helped us with a couple of wins. Yes his style doesn't suit ODIs but it was not as if he was absolutely shocking in them, making him bat at number 5 when he's limited was always going to be a mistake.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should've made the move to Afghanistan or Bangladesh a few years ago.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Unfortunate guy. May not be in ODI (though his ODI stats are similar to Misbah), but he should have been PAK Test regular; particularly considering that PAK played most of it's Test in UAE. Fawad has issues against pace, but he could gave justified his FC stats in UAE Tests. On top of that, he was good enough bowler to fulfill batting all rounders role.
    To add to your assessment, he is arguably the best fielder in Pakistan too. I think if he would have consistently been given chances in all those UAE tests we played, his career average would have been well over 50 unlike Azhar and Asad. He is known for scoring daddy hundreds which is definitely missing in Asad Shafiq. Azhar Ali of late has started scoring those big hundreds.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is he the same guy who batted with a broken finger in the 2004 test series against india?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Is he the same guy who batted with a broken finger in the 2004 test series against india?
    No,he made his debut in 2009.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    No. You probably are talking about Asim Kamal, another left hander. He played with a fractured elbow. He was part of the last 2 tests of that series.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisalsq092 View Post
    No. You probably are talking about Asim Kamal, another left hander. He played with a fractured elbow. He was part of the last 2 tests of that series.
    Thanks.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kid has more heart than the entire Akmal family combined. Still remember how he pulled off an unbelievable last over victory in Canada against SL. IIRC, he hit like 3 sixes in the last 2 overs.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder what is the untold reasons for his ouster

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    when kami performed in few domestic touranments he got selected immediately . fawad for years scored but never got any chance .. that explains favourtism

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Surely he will get a chance when Misbah and Younis retire?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really unfair. He should have been given more chances.

Sadaf hussain is another honorable mention.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate but glad he's been ignored.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    when kami performed in few domestic touranments he got selected immediately . fawad for years scored but never got any chance .. that explains favourtism
    Akmal mafia is good at their job. How else can you explain the fact that we've always had an Akmal since 2006 despite them failing at every occasion.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad Alam wished Younis Khan the best of luck for his career, called him a great, paid tribute to him via a tweet...

He didn't post any such message for Misbah ul Haq, or even gave a combined thank you to Misbah ul Haq with YK.. considering the fact that Misbah's retirement came before YK's.. its clear what Fawad means in his statements here.

I think Misbah ul Haq has a big role to play in his ouster (if not the only role to play), you can make that out easily

Maybe Misbah considered him a threat to his position in the side

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Should be in test squad once Misbah & Younis retire
    i totally agree. He knows how to occupy the crease and score runs. He should be part of Test 11

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can never guess Misbah could be behind such a thing, but I guess all captains want to play as long as they can, without being threatened by their positions..

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “There are a lot of reasons. I cannot enlist them on screen but favouritism is there,” Fawad said in a PTV Sports show Red Zone. “People think it is a rumour but it is a reality. Newcomers are inducted into the national team and are said to be the performers in the domestic circuit, but then where is Fawad Alam scoring all those runs? Is he performing in Bangladesh’s domestic cricket? He is not selected on his domestic performance while everyone else is picked based on the same criteria.”
    You are 31......Many young people with better stats in Qaeed-e-azam trophy...... Imam-ul-Haq, Usman Salahuddin, Fakhar Zaman etc... etc... Fawad nothing special in recent seasons, too old.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, now there is huge hole in middle order due simultaneous retirement of YK and Misbah. Fawad Alam should be inducted ASAP.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't lose heart, Fawad. There will be two batting slots open in the test side after this series. Make sure you make it count when you do get a chance to show your worth.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes u are.. pls learn the art of timing before even thinking of a comeback...

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel sad for him.. now, this system has forced fawad to be rebellion and speak about things which he never said and kept his head down and performing..

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy like Shan masood finds a place whilst fawad alam doesn't even get a look in..... what a travesty.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could've scored more runs than Shafiq in UAE...

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    A guy like Shan masood finds a place whilst fawad alam doesn't even get a look in..... what a travesty.
    What is with childish approach that i keep seeing here? Why are you comparing a middle order batsman to an opener?

Obviously we had pretty solid middle order which has been hard to break into but havent had a decent opener in more than a decade so more opprotunities for those who are fighting for that spot.

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs some politician to support him. That is how it works in Pak Cricket, we all know it.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketInsight View Post
    What is with childish approach that i keep seeing here? Why are you comparing a middle order batsman to an opener?

Obviously we had pretty solid middle order which has been hard to break into but havent had a decent opener in more than a decade so more opprotunities for those who are fighting for that spot.
    168 as an opener in test in Srilanka.... in very trying circumstances.

http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/...ch/403368.html

Lol....which solid Middle order are you referring to? There has never been a solid middle order, it's a myth.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fawad would not have done worse than both Azhar and Asad had he gotten such strong backing from his captain and selectors.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Surely he will get a chance when Misbah and Younis retire?
    This we have heard since long but these are only false promises provided just to buy some time and keep everyone quiet.

Instances when Misbah and Younis were not available or there was an extra vacancy in the line up. These are since 2015.

England in UAE - Azhar Ali wasn't available, we played Malik.
    Tour of England- IFTIKHAR AHMED was given preference when we needed an extra batsman.
    WI in UAE- 2 vacancies available (Younis khan missed the 1st test). Babar Azam and Mohammad Nawaz were played.
    Misbah missed a test in Australia- Mohammad Rizwan was played.

So the selectors just know how to dodge questions. There haven't been any hint practically if they are seriously looking at this guy. I hope the reasons come out soon.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This we have heard since long but these are only false promises provided just to buy some time and keep everyone quiet.

Instances when Misbah and Younis were not available or there was an extra vacancy in the line up. These are since 2015.

Tour of England- IFTIKHAR AHMED was given preference when we needed an extra batsman.
    WI in UAE- 2 vacancies available (Younis khan missed the 1st test). Babar Azam and Mohammad Nawaz were played.

So the selectors just know how to dodge questions. There haven't been any hint practically if they are seriously looking at this guy. I hope the reasons come out soon.
    Great post. Fully agreed

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Fawad Alam wished Younis Khan the best of luck for his career, called him a great, paid tribute to him via a tweet...

He didn't post any such message for Misbah ul Haq, or even gave a combined thank you to Misbah ul Haq with YK.. considering the fact that Misbah's retirement came before YK's.. its clear what Fawad means in his statements here.

I think Misbah ul Haq has a big role to play in his ouster (if not the only role to play), you can make that out easily

I have heard rumours few years back in a show that Misbah didn't likes Fawad, hence he wasn't on any team. He reluctantly was given a chance and he performed admirably in the few chances he got. Couple of failures and he was the first one sent back home while guys like Shafiq enjoyed free rides.

He was given 3 games in Bangladesh. 1st ODI came to bat in the 32nd over with a required RR of almost 9 (Batting at 6). he failed in an ideal situation for him in the 2nd ODI (Batting at 5). 3rd ODI cam in the 40th over (Batting at 6).

we can have Azhar Ali in the team but Fawad is too slow for those very people. His clear advantage is; better fielder, better bowler, better fitness, left hander, strike rotation.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I meant New Zealand.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Fawad would not have done worse than both Azhar and Asad had he gotten such strong backing from his captain and selectors.
    Exactly. Azhar and Asad given a chance before him is in itself injustice of the highest level. Where does sub 30 averaging batsmen are asked to come in before 55+ averaging guy.

Fawad was given 3 games. 2 games as opener, 1 as 1 down. He should have played at 6 instead of Shafiq. If he would have been given that support, we would have missed Misbah and Younis a lot less.
    Last edited by Faisalsq092; 18th April 2017 at 06:49.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    168 as an opener in test in Srilanka.... in very trying circumstances.

http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/...ch/403368.html

Lol....which solid Middle order are you referring to? There has never been a solid middle order, it's a myth.
    He is not an opener.

You are not serious. are you? You think Fawad should should been in this team ahead of Younis, Misbah, or Azhar?

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be given misbah's spot at no 5 in tests. He deserves it .

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard rumours few years back in a show that Misbah didn't likes Fawad, hence he wasn't on any team. He reluctantly was given a chance and he performed admirably in the few chances he got. Couple of failures and he was the first one sent back home while guys like Shafiq enjoyed free rides.

He was given 3 games in Bangladesh. 1st ODI came to bat in the 32nd over with a required RR of almost 9 (Batting at 6). he failed in an ideal situation for him in the 2nd ODI (Batting at 5). 3rd ODI cam in the 40th over (Batting at 6).

we can have Azhar Ali in the team but Fawad is too slow for those very people. His clear advantage is; better fielder, better bowler, better fitness, left hander, strike rotation.
    Clearly it was a plan, Fawad was given a chance at no.6 so that he could be failure, since he is not a hitting it out of the park kinda guy..

It was sort of an organized reply from the management to media that 'look at this guy, you were crying for his inclusion in the side, what has he done?'

If someone knew Fawad's strengths, they would know he is an ideal no.3-4 batsman who can bat, but will not hit 10 an over if the situation required him to.. ofcourse he wouldn't be given that luxury, because they knew he could only succeed there.

It was the kind of trap that was set for Sarfraz to fail against South Africa in the WC.. where he was made to play Dale Steyn in tough (almost) knockout game in a must win situation for Pak.. while Ahmed Shehzad the opener batted at the non-strikers end. This was after numerous chances given to Jamshed who failed in all of the games, including the game against Zimbabwe and UAE.

However compared to Fawad, Sarfraz actually shut his critics and made a MOM contribution in the game
    Last edited by waleed88; 18th April 2017 at 09:24.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Army camp was held in Kakul last year, the only guys to actually pass the test were Fawad and Shan Masood... then Misbah and YK's name came up as the passers..

Out of all of them, only Fawad was not included in the side, however magically even Iftikhar Ahmed managed to make it there..

So what was the reason? Fitness? Domestic Stats? What was the reason he wasn't included in England?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    a test line up of azhar, shafiq, misbah, and fawad would literally make the opposition teams die of boredom. could and should have been tried here and there.

sawaal ye ni k ap ko kyun nikaala, sawaal ye k ap aaye kaisay.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad alam has been the most ignored player in pakistan cricket and maybe he is right. Favourtism has caused him to be out of the pakistani cricket team. While we give chances to hafeez, akmal and shehzad who dont deserve a place in the team whereas someone like fawad could be used to rotate strike and rotating strike has been a big problem for pakistan. We could have a genuine all rounder to our hands had we not kept nepotism as an option. Pakistan walei jagoo.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Army camp was held in Kakul last year, the only guys to actually pass the test were Fawad and Shan Masood... then Misbah and YK's name came up as the passers..

Out of all of them, only Fawad was not included in the side, however magically even Iftikhar Ahmed managed to make it there..

So what was the reason? Fitness? Domestic Stats? What was the reason he wasn't included in England?
    They will quote absurd ** in regards to his exclusion. Honestly i have been disappointed with inzi as a selector as well.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course, Shan Masood and Iftikhar deserve it more than the ATG batsman of QeA trophy, a fine example of discrimination, politics, and favoritism

#InziOut

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah doing the same thing with Fawad, what Inzi did to Misbah when he was captain.. i.e not select him despite consistent performances in the domestic. Maybe saw some level deep rooted insecurity that comes to you when you are captain.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of the reasons, I believe, Fawad hasn't been selected is because he hasn't pleaded his case in the media. Unfortunately that's what it takes to get selected in Pakistan

Younus did it, Junaid did it, Kamran did it... Among countless others. Butt is doing it now

Fawad should've thrown tantrums in the media about not being selected, he wouldn't played 40+ tests by now

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It is mind boggling that Fawad has never gotten a consistent chance in any format. Every time he was dropped just before a WC to make way for a TTF. Before 2015 WC, he averaged in 60s that year and was dropped for Younis Khan of all people. In T20s, he was made to bat at #6 and was never allowed to bowl. Even in PSL, he has not played a single game.

In a pathetic batting line up like Pakistan's, someone who averages 50+ in the domestics and 40+ in both tests and ODIs cannot find a place in the batting unit is nothing but a joke.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad just hit 130 off 117 balls after the batting line-up failed, lost early wickets, the next highest score was 36 by captain Anwar. He had a low dot-ball percentage, around 35%, was very good at strike rotation and running between the wickets, and also hit some really good boundaries. Fawad didn't deserve to lose today.

Asif Zakir who was selected for the ODI squad, scored 3(13)

But of course Fawad in ugly he don't deserve to hold a cricket bat let alone play for the national team

#InziOut

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Come to England Fawad

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fawad should get a chance in the Test side after this series he could have a late years renaissance like Misbah.

In ODIs he could only play in the top 4 but we already have too many accumulators like Sarfraz Malik n Hafeez cant have Fawad in there too. He also embarrassed himself last few times he played.

Bu

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well Well, this guy cannot bat.

He scored just 130 runs off a whopping 117 balls. If Umar AKmal would have played this many, he would have scored a 200 (so what if he gets out within 20 balls).

His dot ball percentage was just around 26% (31 dot balls out of 117 balls, no dots in his last 48 balls except the wicket delivery). If Ahmed Shahzad would have played 117 balls, his dot ball percentage would have been 55% and that would have made sure that he sees off the new ball and lays a solid platform for the lower order.

He scored 130 ugly runs. If Asad Shafiq would have scored this many, it would have been scored technically correct way and would have left a mark on the opposition.

So what if others do not regularly score this much, at least they do not score ugly runs. Who needs ugly runs?
    Inzi should just ask him to leave cricket or even better if ICC bans him for scoring those ugly runs.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB has been very unfair to him, should be given a consistent run both in ODIs and Tests.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In tests, he's an absolute necessity, especially in the post-Younis-Misbah era.

In ODIs if Sharjeel and Shazaib are gone, can be tried as an opener along with Fakhar. The middle order looks packed with Babar, Malik, Sarfraz already there and Haris potentially joining the team soon.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selfish innings by him today. Lost match before he accelerated no doubt about it

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Selfish innings by him today. Lost match before he accelerated no doubt about it
    Should have gotten out after scoring 40 off 10 balls.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    Should have gotten out after scoring 40 off 10 balls.
    Seriously if he started the way he finished even anti fawadians would have praised him but game was lost the way he started. 40 off 10 would have set game up. His strike rate against trundlers was in 30's so how would he fare against international class bowlers?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another myth. There is a video of Fawad praising Misbah.

Fawad was being ignored long before Misbah became captain (I first heard of Fawad around 2005-6). Unfortunately the ppl higher up dislike Fawad or he has no connections.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Seriously if he started the way he finished even anti fawadians would have praised him but game was lost the way he started. 40 off 10 would have set game up. His strike rate against trundlers was in 30's so how would he fare against international class bowlers?

Did you watch the game?
    Sindh scored some 25 runs in the first 10 overs and they were like 60 for 3 after 20 overs.
    Later they were 4/98 after 27 overs.

The top 3 batsmen scored 34(59), 5(12) and 3(13). The powerplay was wasted and they gave a ridiculous start to the team. Fawad was under pressure he had to hold his end and stop the wickets from falling. He settled the line up but batsmen kept getting out.

The next highest score was 36, almst 100 runs less than what Fawad scored, that means something, he had no support from others, still scored half the runs for his team with a good strike rate. If you had just a little bit of cricketing knowledge you would understand that He was the best player of the match.

#InziOut

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post

Did you watch the game?
    Sindh scored some 25 runs in the first 10 overs and they were like 60 for 3 after 20 overs.
    Later they were 4/98 after 27 overs.

The top 3 batsmen scored 34(59), 5(12) and 3(13). The powerplay was wasted and they gave a ridiculous start to the team. Fawad was under pressure he had to hold his end and stop the wickets from falling. He settled the line up but batsmen kept getting out.

The next highest score was 36, almst 100 runs less than what Fawad scored, that means something, he had no support from others, still scored half the runs for his team with a good strike rate. If you had just a little bit of cricketing knowledge you would understand that He was the best player of the match.
    Fair point mate. I think he deserves a place in test but in odi he's too similar to sarfi, malik and hafeez. Saying that I'd have him in both odi and test and give him a good run in side

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody is calling for his selection in ODI's. But to continue to deny him a place in the test squad is zaati.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    One of the reasons, I believe, Fawad hasn't been selected is because he hasn't pleaded his case in the media. Unfortunately that's what it takes to get selected in Pakistan

Younus did it, Junaid did it, Kamran did it... Among countless others. Butt is doing it now

Fawad should've thrown tantrums in the media about not being selected, he wouldn't played 40+ tests by now
    I actually completely agree with this. Add Shehzad to that list too while you're at it. Fawad needs to start getting a lot more vocal about his ridiculous non-selection based on the fact he has the best FC stats in Pakistan over a prolonged period of time.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    makes me so sad to see what they have done with Fawad Alam. I think Inzi must take a lot of the blame. He tried him on one 'A' tour after he became selector and then dropped him altogether. Should have been given at least more A tours. Comparison with Kamran Akmal shows clear bias and favouritism. Also Inzi was captain during the time Fawad was sidelined.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should have had many more chances - cannot believe the last Test he played was in November 2009.

Hope he gets his chance now - unorthodox technique or not, we will never know if he can succeed until he is given proper chances in the Test squad.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Should have had many more chances - cannot believe the last Test he played was in November 2009.

Hope he gets his chance now - unorthodox technique or not, we will never know if he can succeed until he is given proper chances in the Test squad.
    A lesson to all youngsters. Grit, determination, temperament and not speaking out in the media like an uneducated fool are not valued here.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix363 View Post
    A lesson to all youngsters. Grit, determination, temperament and not speaking out in the media like an uneducated fool are not valued here.
    Not mentioning performing in domestic cricket for so many years and averaging 50+

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Faisalsq092;9199612]Well Well, this guy cannot bat.

His dot ball percentage was just around 26% (31 dot balls out of 117 balls, no dots in his last 48 balls except the wicket delivery). If Ahmed Shahzad would have played 117 balls, his dot ball percentage would have been 55% and that would have made sure that he sees off the new ball and lays a solid platform for the lower order.

a hidden gem of a stat. extraordinary

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=New Yorker;9199811]
    Well Well, this guy cannot bat.

a hidden gem of a stat. extraordinary
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix363 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post

Dont know whether you guys noticed it or not but fawad has also put on some muscles..... biceps and forearms are quite good in shape yesterday......... This guy is a must for test.... and looking at our odi side his inclusion in odi's wouldn't be a bad thing...... fitness is incredible...... wat a player... he would have played 100 odd tests fot india despite their batting heavy line up

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Uman Naq;9199823]
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post

Dont know whether you guys noticed it or not but fawad has also put on some muscles..... biceps and forearms are quite good in shape yesterday......... This guy is a must for test.... and looking at our odi side his inclusion in odi's wouldn't be a bad thing...... fitness is incredible...... wat a player... he would have played 100 odd tests fot india despite their batting heavy line up
    He is MUST for Test but may struggle to make the ODI team tbh.

I would gladly drop Hafeez in a heart beat but Fawad is already 30+ unfortunately...

It is just so sad that we wasted so many years of his career toiling away in domestics - he is honestly one player I do admire and feel he was hard done by. Still has a positive attitude to this day.

Shame on you Misbah and good riddance to you to be frank...

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is no need for fawad in odis anymore

In tests though he should get a run

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As we witnessed yestetday he plays for himself rather than for team plus he is now 35 unofficialy. So no point considering him for any format.