Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 43 of 43
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,975
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    West Indies announce 13-man squad for first Test against Pakistan

    Hetmyer, Singh chosen, Powell recalled for first Test against Pakistanis.

    ST. JOHN’S, Antigua – The Selection Panel of the West Indies Cricket Board announced today a 13-member squad for the historic first Test of the Brighto Paints presents the Q Mobile Cup Series against Pakistan, starting on Friday at Sabina Park in Kingston, Jamaica, which will be hosting its 50th Test.

    SQUAD

    Jason Holder (Captain)

    Devendra Bishoo

    Jermaine Blackwood

    Kraigg Brathwaite

    Roston Chase

    Miguel Cummins

    Shane Dowrich

    Shannon Gabriel

    Shimron Hetmyer

    Shai Hope

    Alzarri Joseph

    Kieran Powell

    Vishal Singh


    Team Management Unit

    Stuart Law (Head Coach)

    Joel Garner (Team Operations Manager)

    Roddy Estwick (Assistant Coach)

    Toby Radford (Assistant Coach)

    Andre Coley (Assistant Coach)

    Rajindra Dhanraj (Spin Bowling Mentor)

    C.J. Clark (Physiotherapist)

    Ronald Rogers (Strength & Conditioning Coordinator)

    Jeffrey Gay (Massage Therapist)

    Dexter Augustus (Video Data Analyst)

    Philip Spooner (Media Relations Manager)

    On the composition of the squad, Courtney Browne, chairman of the selection panel, said:

    After winning our previous Test which was against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates, the panel felt that we should stick as close as we possibly can to that squad. We have a young Test squad which was admirably led by Jason Holder during the last series and, though there are some noticeable absentees, we believe that the players will give a good account of themselves especially in their own backyard.

    We are happy to be able to give a recall to Kieran Powell for one of the opening slots, although he did not have the best regional first-class season. He showed for the President’s XI that his experience can add value to our team. In addition, we have included two uncapped players, Shimron Hetmyer and Vishal Singh, with a view to exposing players that we believe have earned an opportunity to play for West Indies.

    We also recognised the performance of a number of other players whose names came on the table, largely because of noticeable performances in the Digicel Regional 4-Day Tournament. We encourage them hwoever, to continue to work hard and keep selection pressure on the incumbents as the R4Day and our A-Team programme remain the feeding ground for our Test team.

    On the selection of Hetmyer:

    Shimron has shown a lot of maturity during this season of regional games and also within our A team. It is really satisfying to see someone that only a year ago was leading our Under-19 squad to the ICC Youth World Cup title progress so quickly to be considered for a place in the squad. We want to wish the young man well and hope that he like all the others can grasp the opportunity when it presents itself.

    On the selection of Powell:

    We are happy that Kieran is once again available as an option for us to open the batting. West Indies cricket has invested heavily in him over the years and with the void of openers within the Caribbean, the panel felt a need to fast track him through our A-Team programme last year with a view in helping him to bridge that gap.

    On the selection of Singh:

    Vishal has been one of the more consistent batsmen in the Regional 4-Day Tournament over the last few seasons and had a very good A-Team series against Sri Lanka last year. His hundred over the weekend for the WICB President’s XI against the Pakistanis helped to fortify in our minds that he has a place in our squad. He gives us the option of a solid middle-order batsman around whom our more free-scoring players can bat.
    Last edited by Saj; 17th April 2017 at 20:30.



  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,934
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Deserved callups for Vishaul Singh and Heymyer. Surprised to see Blackwood there though.

    Leon Johnson droppee so either Hope or Powell could be opening.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    united Kingdom
    Runs
    2,177
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    WI have done really well to move on from TTFs. Will start reaping rewards soon. Good players coming through: Hetmyer, Hope, Chase, Alzarri, Lewis, Singh etc. Good to see them blooding youngsters!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,766
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Good squad. Won't be an easy series considering Amir and Hassan are unfit.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,696
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent squad.

    Reluctant to admit it but if this side play to their potential they could, with minimal effort roll-over Pakistan.

    Pakistan's squad is full of dead wood and players that don't have the ability to survive at the top level.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,048
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Add Darren Bravo and they would actually win 2-0.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    25,855
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pak team was watching this thread and reading comments of some of these so-called fans, ACC, 'Experts' etc.they should just pack their bags and head home; series is already a done deal for WI!

    I mean, come on people, there is a matter of at least 10 playing days before the series can have a result, if not longer and this Pak side was number 1 just last year. Have some faith, patience, or both!


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    498
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is darren bravo injured and if so for how long?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,076
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shafkath View Post
    Is darren bravo injured and if so for how long?
    That's not quite the problem...

    Darren Bravo dropped for calling the WICB president an idiot


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    498
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes i recall now. Thanks Abdullah.

    Thats a shame, hes good to watch and could become a super player

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,796
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The squad is nothing to write home about. Weather permitting I'm expecting Pakistan to win 3-0.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,299
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very good squad. Pakistani Turtles are in for a serious fight.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,694
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is not there to win the series, they are there to make our " legends" happy and to give them a farewell series.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,978
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see WI giving chances to the ones who performed well in the 4 day game.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,499
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hetmeyer is a top player.

    West Indies players are freakishly talented. If only their cricket board sorted out their personal issues.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,178
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    usually whenever we've gone into a WI series in last fifteen years ive felt very confident about a win but somehow we end up screwing it

    this time im relatively less upbeat.. so maybe we'll win

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,178
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shafkath View Post
    Is darren bravo injured and if so for how long?
    hes in ipl

    dunno how he ended up with an ipl contract with his playing style

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,499
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    hes in ipl

    dunno how he ended up with an ipl contract with his playing style
    I am confused as well. His ODI S/R is 70 odd. That in modern day cricket. Even Shehzy has a better strike rate

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    14,363
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will be a close series.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    461
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darren bravo's home record is not as great as out of WI. Considering what Pakistani did in practice match could be a thrilling series. Good squad give experience to younger players, will give you reward some day later.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,665
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir shah will have to get a lot of wickets if we are to win. Our fast bowling resources are mediocre.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    marlon samuels dropped?

    darren bravo in ipl ? what a waste he will not get a game

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    7,674
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The West Indies have the real most naturally gifted players in the world as opposed to some people claiming it's otherwise . Just imagine if they were to develop in county or shield as opposed to their awful system...


    I think Pakistan should be frightened playing the Windies, especially with Yasir still out of form. Windies are favourites here.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz95 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The West Indies have the real most naturally gifted players in the world as opposed to some people claiming it's otherwise . Just imagine if they were to develop in county or shield as opposed to their awful system...


    I think Pakistan should be frightened playing the Windies, especially with Yasir still out of form. Windies are favourites here.
    I don't think so. West Indies in the last 10-15 years have only been decent in 20/20's. Test Cricket bores them and they don't have mental strength to stay at the crease for a long time for 2 innings which you need to win test matches.

    These new guys they have brought in, you think they are suddenly going to win test matches for them? The fact it is Misbah and Younus's last test series will mean you see a motivated Pakistan who will win the test series.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    7,674
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakHammer View Post
    I don't think so. West Indies in the last 10-15 years have only been decent in 20/20's. Test Cricket bores them and they don't have mental strength to stay at the crease for a long time for 2 innings which you need to win test matches.

    These new guys they have brought in, you think they are suddenly going to win test matches for them? The fact it is Misbah and Younus's last test series will mean you see a motivated Pakistan who will win the test series.
    Meh. I said natural talent, a temperament can develop and I think their current lot of test players all have decent temperament. It's the fact that their board is the worst by far that's killing them off.

    They have pacers who move the ball, who can crank to 150+, batsmen who can thrash Yasir Shah, many many allrounders, and batsmen who can hit the ball miles away. The only thing I've seen that they lack is one who can play the moving ball...then again those r very rare anyway.

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,299
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz95 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The West Indies have the real most naturally gifted players in the world as opposed to some people claiming it's otherwise . Just imagine if they were to develop in county or shield as opposed to their awful system...


    I think Pakistan should be frightened playing the Windies, especially with Yasir still out of form. Windies are favourites here.
    And Pakistan has a system? Even though they don't have a system, Windies are far more knowledgeable about cricket than Pakistan. They receive much better coaching and grow up playing school cricket which Pakistan doesn't even have. Listen to their ex-cricketers speak and compare to ours, you won't have trouble identifying separating the idiotic lot.

    Their domestic system although not financially strong is not watered down like Pakistan's. Because of the smaller population and lesser teams, it's easier to identify the best players. Furthermore, because every island has their own team, there is less nepotism, unlike Pakistan where only players with political backing are able to make it to the top. Players with much greater potential than the filth currently playing are lost due to the system simply because they don't have any backing.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,584
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good squad but missing potent spinners.

    should have selected atleast one other spinner.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,584
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    And Pakistan has a system? Even though they don't have a system, Windies are far more knowledgeable about cricket than Pakistan. They receive much better coaching and grow up playing school cricket which Pakistan doesn't even have. Listen to their ex-cricketers speak and compare to ours, you won't have trouble identifying separating the idiotic lot.

    Their domestic system although not financially strong is not watered down like Pakistan's. Because of the smaller population and lesser teams, it's easier to identify the best players. Furthermore, because every island has their own team, there is less nepotism, unlike Pakistan where only players with political backing are able to make it to the top. Players with much greater potential than the filth currently playing are lost due to the system simply because they don't have any backing.
    very well said.

    I will give an example.

    This guy Shahid Ilyas for last 8-9 years is known to be the real big deal in Islamabad. I have heard from so many people that he is one of the best batsman if not the best batsman in Islamabad. He plays for Junoon club (the other big club apart from Diamond). But strangely he has played only 2 domestic matches till now.
    Didn't get a chance in Islamabad side till now and only recently played for PIA.
    There is seriously something wrong somewhere.

    His profile: http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...er/547091.html


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    7,674
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    And Pakistan has a system? Even though they don't have a system, Windies are far more knowledgeable about cricket than Pakistan. They receive much better coaching and grow up playing school cricket which Pakistan doesn't even have. Listen to their ex-cricketers speak and compare to ours, you won't have trouble identifying separating the idiotic lot.

    Their domestic system although not financially strong is not watered down like Pakistan's. Because of the smaller population and lesser teams, it's easier to identify the best players. Furthermore, because every island has their own team, there is less nepotism, unlike Pakistan where only players with political backing are able to make it to the top. Players with much greater potential than the filth currently playing are lost due to the system simply because they don't have any backing.
    No, look at the batsmen they pick and look at their domestic records (which are usually mediocre). It's complete dross. The thing the Windies has is good selectors who pick batsmen/bowlers and let them sink or swim. This is what I mean by natural talent which allows them to do so.

    Once picked for the national team, they are properly coached and whatnot and it's personally down to them whether they'd like to be T20 hacks or something bigger and better.

  30. #30
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,299
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    very well said.

    I will give an example.

    This guy Shahid Ilyas for last 8-9 years is known to be the real big deal in Islamabad. I have heard from so many people that he is one of the best batsman if not the best batsman in Islamabad. He plays for Junoon club (the other big club apart from Diamond). But strangely he has played only 2 domestic matches till now.
    Didn't get a chance in Islamabad side till now and only recently played for PIA.
    There is seriously something wrong somewhere.

    His profile: http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...er/547091.html
    It's not just one or two players. And I'm not even talking domestic teams. This happens at the junior level.

    Amir Sohail back when he used to work for PCB was in charge of selecting U-19(and below) players talked about this. He found a couple of very gifted players, one of whom could bowl around 140ks and equally gifted as a batsman but was not allowed to select them because those spots had to be filled by kids with political backing. Similarly this happens in district cricket, club cricket etc. because there's no accountability. No system nor qualified personnel to identify the best, it's just a filthy system.

    Shoaib(who went through a similar struggle) on this topic said something very profound "water will find a way to swim around rocks but if you remove those rocks, it will come gushing through."


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,584
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    It's not just one or two players. And I'm not even talking domestic teams. This happens at the junior level.

    Amir Sohail back when he used to work for PCB was in charge of selecting U-19(and below) players talked about this. He found a couple of very gifted players, one of whom could bowl around 140ks and equally gifted as a batsman but was not allowed to select them because those spots had to be filled by kids with political backing. Similarly this happens in district cricket, club cricket etc. because there's no accountability. No system nor qualified personnel to identify the best, it's just a filthy system.

    Shoaib(who went through a similar struggle) on this topic said something very profound "water will find a way to swim around rocks but if you remove those rocks, it will come gushing through."
    yeah same that one player was an example that even though he is so gifted he couldn't make it from Islamabad club side to Islamabad domestic side. There are many other examples and this happens at every level as you said.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    83,479
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    KINGSTON, Jamaica (CMC) — West Indies’ latest batting recruit, Shimron Hetmyer, has hailed his outing in the three-day tour game against Pakistan as a learning experience and an important boost to his career.

    The 20-year-old struck 97 in the contest at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium last weekend, a knock that helped him force his way into the 13-man squad for the opening Test bowling off here tomorrow.

    “I’ve learnt that going through my innings, I should take it a ball at a time and a session at a time as well,” the Guyana Jaguars left-hander said.

    “[I need to also] just keep my eyes on the ball as much as possible and try and communicate as much as possible with my partner to see what’s going on. Just waiting and being more selective [is also important].”

    Hetmyer has been on the selectors’ radar ever since he captained West Indies Under-19s to their triumph at last year’s Youth World Cup in Bangladesh.

    He further impressed in the regional four-day championship by gathering nearly 500 runs and was rewarded with a call-up to the WICB President’s XI side to face the Pakistanis.
    Hetmyer said such tour games against international opposition were crucial for young players in the region.

    “I think it is very important. [It tells us] where we are in our cricket and where we should improve and where we can improve,” he pointed out.

    “If this should continue and we get more youngsters in the system, they would understand where they are and know how to build later.”

    A naturally aggressive player at the top of the order, Hetmyer struck 11 fours and two sixes in a breezy 115-ball innings against a Pakistan attack that included the likes of leg-spinner Yasir Shah and pacer Mohammad Amir.

    He said the knock had been important since he failed to get a significant score in his previous first-class outing.

    “I just played to my strengths, that was mainly it. I just chose the balls that I could put away and I think I did that well,” he explained.

    “The ball that I got out with, I don’t think I could’ve really done that much but then again, that’s how cricket goes sometimes.”

    He added: “It (innings) boosted me a lot because coming off the last first-class game I played in Barbados, I didn’t really get much,so I was hoping to get some in this game and I think that came off.”

    http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...-Hetmyer_96130
    Last edited by MenInG; 20th April 2017 at 08:26.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,978
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    KINGSTON, Jamaica (CMC) — West Indies’ latest batting recruit, Shimron Hetmyer, has hailed his outing in the three-day tour game against Pakistan as a learning experience and an important boost to his career.

    The 20-year-old struck 97 in the contest at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium last weekend, a knock that helped him force his way into the 13-man squad for the opening Test bowling off here tomorrow.

    “I’ve learnt that going through my innings, I should take it a ball at a time and a session at a time as well,” the Guyana Jaguars left-hander said.

    “[I need to also] just keep my eyes on the ball as much as possible and try and communicate as much as possible with my partner to see what’s going on. Just waiting and being more selective [is also important].”

    Hetmyer has been on the selectors’ radar ever since he captained West Indies Under-19s to their triumph at last year’s Youth World Cup in Bangladesh.

    He further impressed in the regional four-day championship by gathering nearly 500 runs and was rewarded with a call-up to the WICB President’s XI side to face the Pakistanis.
    Hetmyer said such tour games against international opposition were crucial for young players in the region.

    “I think it is very important. [It tells us] where we are in our cricket and where we should improve and where we can improve,” he pointed out.

    “If this should continue and we get more youngsters in the system, they would understand where they are and know how to build later.”

    A naturally aggressive player at the top of the order, Hetmyer struck 11 fours and two sixes in a breezy 115-ball innings against a Pakistan attack that included the likes of leg-spinner Yasir Shah and pacer Mohammad Amir.

    He said the knock had been important since he failed to get a significant score in his previous first-class outing.

    “I just played to my strengths, that was mainly it. I just chose the balls that I could put away and I think I did that well,” he explained.

    “The ball that I got out with, I don’t think I could’ve really done that much but then again, that’s how cricket goes sometimes.”

    He added: “It (innings) boosted me a lot because coming off the last first-class game I played in Barbados, I didn’t really get much,so I was hoping to get some in this game and I think that came off.”

    http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...-Hetmyer_96130
    Hetmyer is a exciting prospect for WI, let's see how he plays in this Test series.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,978
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty young squad, still they will test Pakistan.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    83,479
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    KINGSTON, Jamaica (CMC) — West Indies’ latest batting recruit, Shimron Hetmyer, has hailed his outing in the three-day tour game against Pakistan as a learning experience and an important boost to his career.

    The 20-year-old struck 97 in the contest at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium last weekend, a knock that helped him force his way into the 13-man squad for the opening Test bowling off here tomorrow.

    “I’ve learnt that going through my innings, I should take it a ball at a time and a session at a time as well,” the Guyana Jaguars left-hander said.

    “[I need to also] just keep my eyes on the ball as much as possible and try and communicate as much as possible with my partner to see what’s going on. Just waiting and being more selective [is also important].”

    Hetmyer has been on the selectors’ radar ever since he captained West Indies Under-19s to their triumph at last year’s Youth World Cup in Bangladesh.

    He further impressed in the regional four-day championship by gathering nearly 500 runs and was rewarded with a call-up to the WICB President’s XI side to face the Pakistanis.
    Hetmyer said such tour games against international opposition were crucial for young players in the region.

    “I think it is very important. [It tells us] where we are in our cricket and where we should improve and where we can improve,” he pointed out.

    “If this should continue and we get more youngsters in the system, they would understand where they are and know how to build later.”

    A naturally aggressive player at the top of the order, Hetmyer struck 11 fours and two sixes in a breezy 115-ball innings against a Pakistan attack that included the likes of leg-spinner Yasir Shah and pacer Mohammad Amir.

    He said the knock had been important since he failed to get a significant score in his previous first-class outing.

    “I just played to my strengths, that was mainly it. I just chose the balls that I could put away and I think I did that well,” he explained.

    “The ball that I got out with, I don’t think I could’ve really done that much but then again, that’s how cricket goes sometimes.”

    He added: “It (innings) boosted me a lot because coming off the last first-class game I played in Barbados, I didn’t really get much,so I was hoping to get some in this game and I think that came off.”

    http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...-Hetmyer_96130
    He makes his debut. Let's see if Pak bowlers can get rid of him soon


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  36. #36
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,299
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Holder is really bringing this team down. You can't play be playing as an allrounder at #8. He's not good enough as a bowler. Cummins should be playing.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    25,855
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see all the 'Experts' from this thread, how they feel now?

    That is why you wait till the first game is under way to make some pretty bold predictions...just in case someone says 'In Hindsight...', my comments are up there for all to read and reflect upn!
    Last edited by Monsee; 25th April 2017 at 20:39.


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,934
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    West Indies cannot persist with this batting lineup in England.

    Shai Hope can't keep living off "potential" with such meagre returns in his Test career so far.

    Vishaul Singh could struggle in England with his static footwork and against quality seam/swing. Coming from Guyana where there's such slow, low surfaces he may find it hard to adapt to English conditions.

    Hetmyer has been loose outside off-stump but worth persisting with as long as he's in the middle order at 5.

    I'd consider bringing in Jason Mohammad and Sunil Ambris who's had some excellent recent domestic performances.

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,299
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    West Indies cannot persist with this batting lineup in England.

    Shai Hope can't keep living off "potential" with such meagre returns in his Test career so far.

    Vishaul Singh could struggle in England with his static footwork and against quality seam/swing. Coming from Guyana where there's such slow, low surfaces he may find it hard to adapt to English conditions.

    Hetmyer has been loose outside off-stump but worth persisting with as long as he's in the middle order at 5.

    I'd consider bringing in Jason Mohammad and Sunil Ambris who's had some excellent recent domestic performances.
    Jason is not a long format player. He'll get found out very easily. They have to persist with this lineup.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,934
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Jason is not a long format player. He'll get found out very easily. They have to persist with this lineup.
    Fearing a mismatch in England then. Darren Bravo is a must, WICB need to sort out his contract issues.

    If they can consistently yet to 300 at least, then they'll give their bowling attack a chance. I think a quartet of Gabriel, Joseph, Cummins and Holder could be very handy in English conditions with Chase offering the 5th, spin bowling option.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,584
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vishal Singh is not good enough. Blackwood should have played both matches ahead of him.
    Rest of the batting side is fine.
    Spin attack is v.weak.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,299
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Fearing a mismatch in England then. Darren Bravo is a must, WICB need to sort out his contract issues.

    If they can consistently yet to 300 at least, then they'll give their bowling attack a chance. I think a quartet of Gabriel, Joseph, Cummins and Holder could be very handy in English conditions with Chase offering the 5th, spin bowling option.
    I think they'll like English conditions better than Windies. These pitches are terrible for young batsmen to develop. They can't even play any shots. All runs have to be grinded. Young players need easy surfaces so they can trust their shots. It's easy to lose patience with them when a team is consistently losing but they have no choice but to persist. Messing around with Bravo was a huge mistake indeed.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    West Indies cannot persist with this batting lineup in England.

    Shai Hope can't keep living off "potential" with such meagre returns in his Test career so far.

    Vishaul Singh could struggle in England with his static footwork and against quality seam/swing. Coming from Guyana where there's such slow, low surfaces he may find it hard to adapt to English conditions.

    Hetmyer has been loose outside off-stump but worth persisting with as long as he's in the middle order at 5.

    I'd consider bringing in Jason Mohammad and Sunil Ambris who's had some excellent recent domestic performances.
    How about giving Samuels, Deonarine or a Fuaadin Recall ?

    Jason definitely. Vishal needs another series given he has had two good FC seasons which is rare for Windies Fc batsman.

    Hetymer & Hope might need rest for the moment.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •