Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 100
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    A statistical analysis of Younis Khan and his superior match winning ability over Sachin Tendulkar

    Younis Khan

    Test Matches
    115

    Man of the Match Awards
    10

    Match winning Ratio
    0.0869

    Sachin Tendulkar

    Test Matches
    200

    Man of the Match Awards
    14

    Matching winning Ratio
    0.07

    Conclusion

    If we multiply Younis Khan's match winning ratio by 200 games (the number of Tests Sachin has played) then the number of "Man of the Match" awards would equal to 17.39. On the other hand, it took Sachin Tendulkar roughly 112 Test matches to achieve the same number of MOM awards as Khan. And when you also factor in Sachin's lower MOM award ratio we can confirm without a doubt that Younis Khan is a bigger match winner then Sachin Tendulkar, the legends are indeed true with regards to Sachin's lack of making an impact and scoring runs in soft situations mostly.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 19th April 2017 at 23:58.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    148
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis khan is anyway better test player than both

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,151
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Younis Khan > Sachin Tendulkar when it comes to chips down and pressure situations.

    Overall stats and ability vs pace srt is better.

    YK miles ahead in playing spin.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Younis Khan > Sachin Tendulkar when it comes to chips down and pressure situations.

    Overall stats and ability vs pace srt is better.

    YK miles ahead in playing spin.
    Sorry I forgot to tag you brother, but like a Hawk you pounced. Totally agree with you on those points!


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Very eye opening numbers, was just doing a little bit of research and came across them; expected Sachin Tendulkar to have won a lot more then a mere 14 MOM awards after 200 Tests given how he is overly rated.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,810
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow, did not know he had just 14 MOM awards considering the amount of test matches he played.

    Even, Kallis has 23 in 166 matches and people call him impactless in tests.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,372
    Mentioned
    3703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    You don't win many MoM awards when you are a great player but a) play in a poor team and b) play in a great team. However, you can win MoM awards frequently if you are a very good player in a decent team.

    Enough clues in these two lines, don't think I need to add more.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Wow, did not know he had just 14 MOM awards considering the amount of test matches he played.

    Even, Kallis has 23 in 166 matches and people call him impactless in tests.
    I would have mentioned him but did not as he is an A/R but then again you'd not hold something like that against him because he's not a specialist bat! Kallis is unfairly criticised, was a key member of SA's dominance as the no.1 team home and away they held onto that crown a lot longer then most after the great Aussie side had fallen


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kabul, Afghanistan
    Runs
    47,138
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where does Ashwin stand among the greats of the game going by the same logic?

    This is the problem with people with a deliberate agenda against Sachin that they cannot stick to their own POVs usually when it comes to their overall take on the game. Cherry picking loopholes here and there for bit of trolling doesn't help.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,810
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I would have mentioned him but did not as he is an A/R but then again you'd not hold something like that against him because he's not a specialist bat! Kallis is unfairly criticised, was a key member of SA's dominance as the no.1 team home and away they held onto that crown a lot longer then most after the great Aussie side had fallen
    I do not think Kallis won many awards for his bowling. He averaged 59 in his last 125 matches and ended up with 45 100s. That alone is undisputed ATG stuff.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    I do not think Kallis won many awards for his bowling. He averaged 59 in his last 125 matches and ended up with 45 100s. That alone is undisputed ATG stuff.
    in 2000-13 his average was 65.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,810
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You don't win many MoM awards when you are a great player but a) play in a poor team and b) play in a great team. However, you can win MoM awards frequently if you are a very good player in a decent team.

    Enough clues in these two lines, don't think I need to add more.
    Are you suggesting that Younis played in a stronger team than India?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,151
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Sorry I forgot to tag you brother, but like a Hawk you pounced. Totally agree with you on those points!
    No worries, brother.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Are you suggesting that Younis played in a stronger team than India?
    That's a really good question.

    Though I'm sure a long explanation and excuse is incoming in 3..2...1.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,290
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sure, why not

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,723
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have written about this before. But people who do not understand statistics are incapable of understanding how comparing team results (win vs loss) is different from comparing individuals. A victory or loss is achieved by team India vs team Pakistan.

    But I am so glad to see my Pak brothers have some solace in such comparisons and can genuinely believe they have something better


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,262
    Mentioned
    2394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Brilliant analysis @shaz619.

    Stats don't lie.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    1,810
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Are you suggesting that Younis played in a stronger team than India?
    The point made by @Mamoon is subtle. If you read carefully what he wrote you will see that he is saying that it is possible that SRT didn't win many MoM awards because he was in a great team with many other MoM contenders. Alternatively, SRT played in a poor team which would also result in a dearth of MoM awards.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,393
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    The point made by @Mamoon is subtle. If you read carefully what he wrote you will see that he is saying that it is possible that SRT didn't win many MoM awards because he was in a great team with many other MoM contenders. Alternatively, SRT played in a poor team which would also result in a dearth of MoM awards.
    Sometimes I feel I don't have enough intellect to participate on Pakpassion.

    @Mamoom Bhai was really subtle and of course it completely went over The Odd One's head 😳🙈..

    SRT played in a strong team and a poor team?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,393
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyway @Shaz619, I thought it was already commonly accepted that YK was a bigger match winner then SRT.

    Arguably Inzy was a bigger match winner then both of them.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anybody doubts Younis Khan's greatness in test. His stats are one of the most balanced in Test history

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    337
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol @ Younis Khan, the Mahela Jayawardena of Pakistan.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL ashwin have already 7 man of the series only in 49 test means which means he has already greatest player of all time .dn't come to here and there stat to campare sachin with anyone. younis is nowhere near to sachin .

  24. #24
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,869
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are absolutely right.

    Here is a similar "statistical analysis" to prove your point more:

    Warne

    Test series
    46

    Man of the Series Awards
    8

    Award/ Ratio
    0.173

    Ashwin

    Test series
    17

    Man of the Series Awards
    7

    Award/series Ratio
    0.411

    What a brilliant ATG we have in our team right now, who is a far better match winner than Warne and Murali.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    444
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop trolling please. Younis is a Pakistani great and a great role model for youngsters. He had limited technique and abilities yet he managed to get the most out of himself through sheer hard work. This is something that far more talented batsmen (Like Inzi and MoYO) couldn't do.

    But overall Sachin is tiers above Younis. Younis at best is the 3rd or 4th best player from Pakistan. Sachin is universally acknowledged by everyone to be among the top 4 batsmen of all time. No one on earth would take Younis over Sachin.

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,869
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Sometimes I feel I don't have enough intellect to participate on Pakpassion.

    @Mamoom Bhai was really subtle and of course it completely went over The Odd One's head ����..

    SRT played in a strong team and a poor team?
    In the 90s, he played in a poor team. In the 2000s, India was very strong with multiple match winners.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,037
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    I have written about this before. But people who do not understand statistics are incapable of understanding how comparing team results (win vs loss) is different from comparing individuals. A victory or loss is achieved by team India vs team Pakistan.

    But I am so glad to see my Pak brothers have some solace in such comparisons and can genuinely believe they have something better
    LOL don't bother man, if they can compare Younis with Tendulkar, I can bet by the end of the year ull see greatness threads of azhar and Babar. Of the limited matches pak had won, Younis was the only semi decent enough to win a MOM and that's an achievement here apparently

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,308
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Exposing the choker one step at a time. Very thought provoking analysis. @shaz619


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,810
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    The point made by @Mamoon is subtle. If you read carefully what he wrote you will see that he is saying that it is possible that SRT didn't win many MoM awards because he was in a great team with many other MoM contenders. Alternatively, SRT played in a poor team which would also result in a dearth of MoM awards.
    So, poor Sachin was always a victim. No matter he played in a strong team or wrong team, he just could not win a MOM award more frequently.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,810
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Sometimes I feel I don't have enough intellect to participate on Pakpassion.

    @Mamoom Bhai was really subtle and of course it completely went over The Odd One's head 😳🙈..

    SRT played in a strong team and a poor team?
    So, how can he win MOM awards when both playing in strong and weak team did not help his cause? Is there any other possibility?

    And I am sorry to be harsh but this a ******** excuse. Ponting has 16 in 168 tests, Sanga has 16 in 134, and Lara has 12 in 131.

    Are you telling me that Sachin played in an Indian team which was stronger than Australia or a team which was weaker than Sri Lanka or WI.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,810
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    In the 90s, he played in a poor team. In the 2000s, India was very strong with multiple match winners.
    Ponting played in a far stronger team and has more MOMs in lesser matches. What is the excuse now?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,810
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That 14 should be 13 because Afridi was robbed in Chennai from a well deserved MOM award.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamirWarraich View Post
    Stop trolling please. Younis is a Pakistani great and a great role model for youngsters. He had limited technique and abilities yet he managed to get the most out of himself through sheer hard work. This is something that far more talented batsmen (Like Inzi and MoYO) couldn't do.

    But overall Sachin is tiers above Younis. Younis at best is the 3rd or 4th best player from Pakistan. Sachin is universally acknowledged by everyone to be among the top 4 batsmen of all time. No one on earth would take Younis over Sachin.
    I respectfully disagree with your post! and there are millions who would take a batsman of Khan's aura in a crunch game, Sachin is not the sought of player to win you a game nor will he be able to overcome a high pressure scenario. Khan is more likely and his track record proves that, Sachin fans love their numbers and I have provided them in the OP so accept this instead of conforming to the general consensus in India.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    That 14 should be 13 because Afridi was robbed in Chennai from a well deserved MOM award.
    Day light robbery, much like Dhoni winning one during a high profile ICC tournament forgot which one. How can anyone defend Sachin's ability to win games when he has just 14 MOM awards after 200 Tests? It's preposterous, Indians worship Sachin if he was responsible for a murder they'd justify it somehow


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,037
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I respectfully disagree with your post! and there are millions who would take a batsman of Khan's aura in a crunch game, Sachin is not the sought of player to win you a game nor will he be able to overcome a high pressure scenario. Khan is more likely and his track record proves that, Sachin fans love their numbers and I have provided them in the OP so accept this instead of conforming to the general consensus in India.
    Khan's aura ? Drinking on the Birmingham kool aid much ? What aura does he have ? His presence in the side has been quite insignificant to Pakistan and to the cricketing fraternity in general. Never seen Younis khan as much of a bother

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,051
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe people are falling for the bait which is so very obvious even to a blind man.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    1,810
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Can't believe people are falling for the bait which is so very obvious even to a blind man.
    I resisted for a while, but then it appears I was really bored with nothing better to do

  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    8,488
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    POTW Thread by @shaz619 Well Done Brother !!

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,033
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smh.... Should have also added how Tendulkar was never a leadership material. A legend who can't be a leader.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,033
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Day light robbery, much like Dhoni winning one during a high profile ICC tournament forgot which one. How can anyone defend Sachin's ability to win games when he has just 14 MOM awards after 200 Tests? It's preposterous, Indians worship Sachin if he was responsible for a murder they'd justify it somehow
    God works in a mysterious ways. That's why, even though stats do tell different stories, Tendulkar is worshipped and hails greater than khan who is mere mortal.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    18,446
    Mentioned
    1001 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Simplistic logic

    obv its a bait thread but still


    #MPGA

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    12,026
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Younis was also taller and much better looking.Case closed.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Younis was also taller and much better looking.Case closed.
    Also is a team man and plays with a smile on his face


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,136
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Also is a team man and plays with a smile on his face
    U r missing another logic. younis is Pakistani that itself makes him better than sachin who

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    U r missing another logic. younis is Pakistani that itself makes him better than sachin who
    I agree.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,593
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would like to see Younis vs Dravid and laxman. For India in tests Dravid and laxman are the important wickets to win against them than sachin. For Pakistan after MOYO gone it was only younis to make those big daddy hundreds till now when Azhar joined the league. Misbah and shadow are other two who haven't joined the league of daddy hundreds yet. Good work by shaz619
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 20th April 2017 at 05:17.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    111
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    Khan's aura ? Drinking on the Birmingham kool aid much ? What aura does he have ? His presence in the side has been quite insignificant to Pakistan and to the cricketing fraternity in general. Never seen Younis khan as much of a bother
    An aura that has been created by playing majority of cricket in Asia, crying his way to the PAK LOI squad.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,136
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Gaur View Post
    An aura that has been created by playing majority of cricket in Asia, crying his way to the PAK LOI squad.
    Why is it even a discussion. All hail the legend younis khan who is in a whole different planet to sachin. It is a blasphemy to compare a legend younis to a nobody like sachin

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    14,186
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually this thread highlights why no one considers statistics as all and be in a cricketer.

    Were that true the OP himself would consider Ashwin better than Warne.

    Stats just tell half the story.

    The other half is usually hidden obscurely on a green tinged pitch where batsmen dance while great cricketers handle Wasim and Waqar as a teenager.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    23,666
    Mentioned
    7002 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Eye opening stuff @shaz619. And then there are some so called experts who question YK's ATG status.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    271
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even in India people doesn't discuss much about Sachin as Pakistanis do

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,286
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I really like such threads

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is obvious YK is the one of the best match winners of all time. The stats are pretty common knowledge to anyone who follows the sport BUT it's not up for debate that Tendulkar is the greater overall batsman in terms of skillset, adapting to conditions, playing against a higher calibre of bowlers etc

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    5,482
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ashwin the greatest bowler of all time... case closed!!


    Q: Why did the banana go to see the doctor?
    A: The banana was not peeling very well.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    518
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Younis Khan

    Test Matches
    115

    Man of the Match Awards
    10

    Match winning Ratio
    0.0869

    Sachin Tendulkar

    Test Matches
    200

    Man of the Match Awards
    14

    Matching winning Ratio
    0.07

    Conclusion

    If we multiply Younis Khan's match winning ratio by 200 games (the number of Tests Sachin has played) then the number of "Man of the Match" awards would equal to 17.39. On the other hand, it took Sachin Tendulkar roughly 112 Test matches to achieve the same number of MOM awards as Khan. And when you also factor in Sachin's lower MOM award ratio we can confirm without a doubt that Younis Khan is a bigger match winner then Sachin Tendulkar, the legends are indeed true with regards to Sachin's lack of making an impact and scoring runs in soft situations mostly.
    Disclaimer: I have deep respect for both Younis and Sachin. I think they are class acts.

    Here is the statistical fallacy in your argument. His getting more MOM awards means he was better than everyone on Pakistan team where Sachin had to compete with multiple batsman on Indian team.

    Anyway both are great players and these arguments are useless.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,249
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Actually this thread highlights why no one considers statistics as all and be in a cricketer.

    Were that true the OP himself would consider Ashwin better than Warne.

    Stats just tell half the story.

    The other half is usually hidden obscurely on a green tinged pitch where batsmen dance while great cricketers handle Wasim and Waqar as a teenager.
    Don't spoil the fun with your heavy logic it is not needed here.


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,810
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Actually this thread highlights why no one considers statistics as all and be in a cricketer.

    Were that true the OP himself would consider Ashwin better than Warne.

    Stats just tell half the story.

    The other half is usually hidden obscurely on a green tinged pitch where batsmen dance while great cricketers handle Wasim and Waqar as a teenager.
    Poor logic or may be you did not understand the thread.

    76% of Ashwin's wickets have come at home on mostly rank-turners in the time when spin playing ability is at an all time low. If Ashwin can bowl like this in England and other places, then there will be a case for Ashwin to be bigger match winner than Warne.

    In India, Ashwin is indeed a bigger match winner than probably any other bowler in the history but again that ends at home.

    Tendulkar is a better batsman than Younis. None is denying that. The thread is about impact that both had in their teams victories.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,136
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Poor logic or may be you did not understand the thread.

    76% of Ashwin's wickets have come at home on mostly rank-turners in the time when spin playing ability is at an all time low. If Ashwin can bowl like this in England and other places, then there will be a case for Ashwin to be bigger match winner than Warne.

    In India, Ashwin is indeed a bigger match winner than probably any other bowler in the history but again that ends at home.

    Tendulkar is a better batsman than Younis. None is denying that. The thread is about impact that both had in their teams victories.
    So how many matches has younis won outside of pak in aus, sa, eng, wi, nz

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    148
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Poor logic or may be you did not understand the thread.

    76% of Ashwin's wickets have come at home on mostly rank-turners in the time when spin playing ability is at an all time low. If Ashwin can bowl like this in England and other places, then there will be a case for Ashwin to be bigger match winner than Warne.

    In India, Ashwin is indeed a bigger match winner than probably any other bowler in the history but again that ends at home.

    Tendulkar is a better batsman than Younis. None is denying that. The thread is about impact that both had in their teams victories.
    This thread is not exactly about impact both players had in victories.Its about man of the match awards winning ratio.Not all man of the match awards won by Younis were in victories for eg Younis won man of the match award for his triple hundred against Lanka which was a drawn match.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    11,922
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone barring fanatical Blind Sachinastas know that Tendu was an epic choker.

    YK was a much better Test bat and got runs when the team needed it. Tendu never wanted to battle and abandoned a sinking ship many times.
    Last edited by 90MPH; 20th April 2017 at 16:32.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkad kamaal View Post
    This thread is not exactly about impact both players had in victories.Its about man of the match awards winning ratio.Not all man of the match awards won by Younis were in victories for eg Younis won man of the match award for his triple hundred against Lanka which was a drawn match.
    No it's not. Number of MOM awards was only part of the analysis, the ts was looking at who won more matches for their countries. YK has a higher win percentage and one of the highest averages ever chasing and batting in the 2nd or 4th innings. Lots of stats back up YK being a bigger match winner.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    685
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add, YK has won 38% of his tests, Tednulkar 36%. Khan's highest score looking for a win is also higher than Tendulkars and in 28 more match wins, he only has one more century than Younis Khan.

    Half the matches Younis has won has been while batting second, where his average jumps to 75, with 6 centuries and a hs of 218. Tendulkar batting second, average 61. It's great but it's not quite Khan great.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,810
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkad kamaal View Post
    This thread is not exactly about impact both players had in victories.Its about man of the match awards winning ratio.Not all man of the match awards won by Younis were in victories for eg Younis won man of the match award for his triple hundred against Lanka which was a drawn match.
    Younis has 19 100s in matches won compared to Tendulkar's 20. Tendulkar managed just one more 100 despite playing 85 more matches!

    Tendulkar has 20 100s in drawn matches as compared to Younis's 8 which shows that Tendulkar often scored centuries in boring draws.

    Won fielding first, Younis averages 75 compared to Tendulkar's 62.

    Tendulkar was a better batsman without a doubt but there is a valid case for Younis to be a bigger match winner.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    1,810
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    19/44, that is 43% of YK's victories were against Bang, SL and Zimb.

    Only 22/72, that is 30.5% of SRT's victories were against Bang, SL and Zimb.

    The phrase that comes to mind is "minnow bashing".

    Seen in another way, SRT had 50 victories against non-minnows whereas YK had only 25 such victories.
    Last edited by Napa; 20th April 2017 at 17:15.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,037
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Younis has 19 100s in matches won compared to Tendulkar's 20. Tendulkar managed just one more 100 despite playing 85 more matches!

    Tendulkar has 20 100s in drawn matches as compared to Younis's 8 which shows that Tendulkar often scored centuries in boring draws.

    Won fielding first, Younis averages 75 compared to Tendulkar's 62.

    Tendulkar was a better batsman without a doubt but there is a valid case for Younis to be a bigger match winner.
    Just to point out though that maintaining an average of 75 for 10 years is easier than maintaing an average of 62 for more than 20 years.
    Also when you are calculating averages - are you looking at other factors such as amount of runs being chased ? averages of the other batsman in the team ? Nitpicking stats that only cover half the story ..only tells half the story

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    148
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis himself said he wanted to score 10000 test runs

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis was/ is a player with a lot of 150 scores which all great test batsmen have including a triple but sachin would usually lose focus after getting to 100 which was his prime goal to acheive throught his career. 100 th test is selfishest innings of all time although it was in an odi.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry 100th 100

  69. #69
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,165
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't expect these Sachin worshippers to acknowledge the topic at hand and start bringing up nobodies like Ashwin because they have nothing from Sachin's 200 match career to defend him.

    I personally rate Sachin higher than Younis but there is no doubting that they are both on the same level, along with Lara, Ponting, Kallis, Miandad, etc. Sachin is not The Don, who is head an shoulders above any batsman, he's an ATG batsman, just like other ATG batsman and there are several areas where he has been trumped by some of the other ATGs.

    Ashwin's numbers are highly inflated and anyone who has seen him bowl knows that he has it easier than any spinner ever. Doesn't get much easier than bowling on mine-fields over a 16-17 match home season, and never having to face the best spin playing team in the world, and having a good support cast.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  70. #70
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,165
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    19/44, that is 43% of YK's victories were against Bang, SL and Zimb.

    Only 22/72, that is 30.5% of SRT's victories were against Bang, SL and Zimb.

    The phrase that comes to mind is "minnow bashing".

    Seen in another way, SRT had 50 victories against non-minnows whereas YK had only 25 such victories.
    Yes, because Sri Lanka with bowlers like Vaas, Murali, Herath and Malinga and batsmen like Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Ranatunga, Dilshan, Jayasuriya, etc are minnows.

    There is a good case for an all-time Sri Lankan XI being better than an all-time Indian XI. Stop being silly.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,482
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YK is a match winner ---------in UAE.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    518
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Indian fan but on this arguement I agree with my pakistani brothers. The only thing I do fail to understand and please do understand that I am asking for help to explain it to me. We all know Indian bowlers are tundlers. They cant bowl. Now we find out that Pakistan also has better batsman. There wkt keepers are also better. If everything about Pakistan team is better than why do they lose to India. Kindly dont think I am joking as I really want to understand.Please help me understand how a team with better bowler, fielders, batsman loses to an inferior team time after time. Thank you for your replies.

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,869
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Yes, because Sri Lanka with bowlers like Vaas, Murali, Herath and Malinga and batsmen like Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Ranatunga, Dilshan, Jayasuriya, etc are minnows.

    There is a good case for an all-time Sri Lankan XI being better than an all-time Indian XI. Stop being silly.
    Most of Younis' matches against Sri Lanka came in the last decade, where most of those players were absent.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,165
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Most of Younis' matches against Sri Lanka came in the last decade, where most of those players were absent.
    He played one series against them with only Sanga and Herath around but seeing how they whitewashed Australia, won matches against India and Pakistan and South Africa barely managed to scrape a series win there, it is hardly "minnow" territory.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow once again 16 17 minefields brilliant just keep going changing thoughts in every topic. Kohli failed in aus series and so that was only series with difficult wickets but when ashwin is brought into topic the wickets become minefields.
    Sachin was surely the better batsmen played better bowlers scored in all conditions.
    Also someone who calls kohli a ftb i fail to understand how could he rate younis khan an atg who is 2 levels below Sachin

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,165
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    So how many matches has younis won outside of pak in aus, sa, eng, wi, nz
    How many tests did Sachin win in Australia, South Africa, England and New Zealand?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Don't expect these Sachin worshippers to acknowledge the topic at hand and start bringing up nobodies like Ashwin because they have nothing from Sachin's 200 match career to defend him.

    I personally rate Sachin higher than Younis but there is no doubting that they are both on the same level, along with Lara, Ponting, Kallis, Miandad, etc. Sachin is not The Don, who is head an shoulders above any batsman, he's an ATG batsman, just like other ATG batsman and there are several areas where he has been trumped by some of the other ATGs.

    Ashwin's numbers are highly inflated and anyone who has seen him bowl knows that he has it easier than any spinner ever. Doesn't get much easier than bowling on mine-fields over a 16-17 match home season, and never having to face the best spin playing team in the world, and having a good support cast.
    Indian posters have completely fallen apart given their sensitivities I'd not insult Younis Khan (that too when he's on the brink of retirement) by "trolling" or "baiting" these guys because then I'd pick someone like Shahid Afridi being a bigger match winner then Sachin, am very serious and it would be nice for once to have a discussion without them behaving like children, or maybe they are little bache?

    Hand on my heart I truly believe that Younis Khan is a superior match winner to Sachin, and if you guys think that I do not believe this then may Allah strike me down with thunder and lightening! I've not said one batsman is better then the other, what am pointing out specifically is match winning ability! and people do often take numbers out of context but there are some stats which just can't be disputed, e.g The Don's 99 average or in this instance Sachin's 10 MOM awards after 200 games for gods sake! and in addition, Khan has also performed better then Sachin in the 3rd and 4th innings.

    So I've come to the conclusion that Khan is a superior match winner and a batsman I'd favour when the chips are down. The level of disrespect hurled at Younis is shocking, he is one of the greatest batsman in history and lets just say that in a fantasy world Sachin has more of a knack to win games then Younis, the fact that Khan has 10 MOM's awards and Sachin has 14 doesn't that advocate his greatness especially when you look at how Sachin is rated, if Khan is being belittled then Sachin should be belittled as well because what's there to separate when it comes to 10 and 14 MOM awards right? but where I disagree is the fact that Sachin has played 200 Tests and over a larger sample others have won more MOM's then Sachin that too despite having played significantly fewer Tests.

    Pakistan fans in general are very ungrateful, 10 years from they will realise Khan's value but for now they can lose their mind over gimmicks. As for the Indians, you can continue to worship your false god and believe he is immune to criticism on any level but in a life and death situation if Sachin was to bat for your life and needed 5 runs to win a game of the final ball of a Test, he would either retire out or take a single to complete his hundred because the pressure would be too much for the little man to handle.
    Last edited by Waseem; 21st April 2017 at 11:55.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  78. #78
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    33,256
    Mentioned
    4715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What a thread is my conclusion. Ultimate match winner is YK.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    17,819
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a player whose innings had a great impact on the final result of the game, I personally think younis is ahead. He scored at the rate which would put Pakistan in a dominating position in 1st and 3rd innings because you have to time everything well with Pakistan. You cant give the bowlers too much or too less time. Younis was a master at doing that. Also He played crucial knocks in the 4th innings which hardly anyone in the game can match. Sachin's contributions were great but i many times got a feeling that his scores didnt have much impact on the result of test matches. That doesnt mean the little master had no such innings to his name.

    Overall sachin is the better bat if you see their performances round the world but i would be tempted to select younis over him when the going is tough and i need someone to score effective runs.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,165
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Indian posters have completely fallen apart given their sensitivities I'd not insult Younis Khan (that too when he's on the brink of retirement) by "trolling" or "baiting" these guys because then I'd pick someone like Shahid Afridi being a bigger match winner then Sachin, am very serious and it would be nice for once to have a discussion without them behaving like children, or maybe they are little bache?

    Hand on my heart I truly believe that Younis Khan is a superior match winner to Sachin, and if you guys think that I do not believe this then may Allah strike me down with thunder and lightening! I've not said one batsman is better then the other, what am pointing out specifically is match winning ability! and people do often take numbers out of context but there are some stats which just can't be disputed, e.g The Don's 99 average or in this instance Sachin's 10 MOM awards after 200 games for gods sake! and in addition, Khan has also performed better then Sachin in the 3rd and 4th innings.

    So I've come to the conclusion that Khan is a superior match winner and a batsman I'd favour when the chips are down. The level of disrespect hurled at Younis is shocking, he is one of the greatest batsman in history and lets just say that in a fantasy world Sachin has more of a knack to win games then Younis, the fact that Khan has 10 MOM's awards and Sachin has 14 doesn't that advocate his greatness especially when you look at how Sachin is rated, if Khan is being belittled then Sachin should be belittled as well because what's there to separate when it comes to 10 and 14 MOM awards right? but where I disagree is the fact that Sachin has played 200 Tests and over a larger sample others have won more MOM's then Sachin that too despite having played significantly fewer Tests.

    Pakistan fans in general are very ungrateful, 10 years from they will realise Khan's value but for now they can lose their mind over gimmicks. As for the Indian bache, you can continue to worship your false god and believe he is immune to criticism on any level but in a life and death situation if Sachin was to bat for your life and needed 5 runs to win a game of the final ball of a Test, he would either retire out or take a single to complete his hundred because the pressure would be too much for the little man to handle.
    Let's hope Younis Khan scores two centuries against the Windies and retires with an average of 54. Higher than Tendulker's and with a far better centuries/innings ratio. After that, would there be any category where Sachin beats Younis? I might have to revise my opinion as well.
    Last edited by Waseem; 21st April 2017 at 11:51.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •