Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 46 of 46
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,851
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

    [VIDEO] The Shoaib Malik Pakistan One-Day Cup batting master-class!




    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,029
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best finisher in Pakistan currently.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,590
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After years and years, He had finally come into his own.

    Time for Malik to win CT2017 and WC2019 for Pakistan and retire as one of finest and remarkable limited overs player.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    25,910
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go overseas (Aus, Eng, SA, NZ) and see how this Bradman beater flourishes...hard to even find him scoring one 50 in several matches there usually!


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Go overseas (Aus, Eng, SA, NZ) and see how this Bradman beater flourishes...hard to even find him scoring one 50 in several matches there usually!
    biggest miss of him was 2011CWC...

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,456
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    biggest miss of him was 2011CWC...
    I agree with this. But I also know that he will be able to do nothing in the upcoming tourneys

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,456
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Go overseas (Aus, Eng, SA, NZ) and see how this Bradman beater flourishes...hard to even find him scoring one 50 in several matches there usually!
    But he did win us two matches out of 8 against England and Australia.
    I am also told by knowledgeable posters that for the one match we win per decade vs Australia and South Africa, Malik has a very high average

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,649
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Red hot form! He isn't bowling much so can see he is solely concentrating on batting.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    3,136
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Go overseas (Aus, Eng, SA, NZ) and see how this Bradman beater flourishes...hard to even find him scoring one 50 in several matches there usually!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    But he did win us two matches out of 8 against England and Australia.
    I am also told by knowledgeable posters that for the one match we win per decade vs Australia and South Africa, Malik has a very high average
    YES! lets go to Australia and England to check whether he is a good player or not, Asian performances doesn't matter. Being a world class spin player is nothing. You need to hit Shoaib Akhter like Sachin did.


    If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,456
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super hitter View Post
    YES! lets go to Australia and England to check whether he is a good player or not, Asian performances doesn't matter. Being a world class spin player is nothing. You need to hit Shoaib Akhter like Sachin did.
    but what does that have to do with the champion's trophy in england against teams ranked higher than us.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    3,136
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    but what does that have to do with the champion's trophy in england against teams ranked higher than us.
    Name one good player than Malik in the team other than Sarfi who can score.

    Don't forget the legend babar Azams epic failures in England.


    If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,854
    Mentioned
    3917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Always a pleasure to see Junaid demolished. This is just a teaser trailer of what is going to come in the Champions Trophy. Utterly pathetic bowler (if we can call him one). Unfortunately, we have decided to learn the hard way, i.e. he will be dropped after the battering he receives in that tournament. In an ideal world, Inzi The Revolutionary will take this as a sign of things to come and give him the boot now.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,456
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super hitter View Post
    Name one good player than Malik in the team other than Sarfi who can score.

    Don't forget the legend babar Azams epic failures in England.
    babar azam is one year in to the game. malik has an established record - if this tournament were held in asia you would hear no argument from me.
    sarfaraz will have a tough time in england batting wise

  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    527
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    babar azam is one year in to the game. malik has an established record - if this tournament were held in asia you would hear no argument from me.
    sarfaraz will have a tough time in england batting wise
    How? he averaged around 60 in the odi series last year against England.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    3,136
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    babar azam is one year in to the game. malik has an established record - if this tournament were held in asia you would hear no argument from me.
    sarfaraz will have a tough time in england batting wise
    Aren't you talking about the upcoming CT? So Babar is sacrificed because he is new.

    But Malik is as new as him since he was not in the team for more than a half decade


    If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,456
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirforpresident View Post
    How? he averaged around 60 in the odi series last year against England.
    this is a deceptive argument and you know it.
    Players averaging 60 don't come back losing 1 - 4 (but its a team game, not one man)
    How many centuries did he sccore (but he comes low), how many half centuries did he score (but he stayed not out)

    I will say this again, Pakistanis fans are afflicted by the same issues that Indian fans had in the 90's: their teams wouldnt win much but their favorite batsmen would score bucket of runs.
    In our case our guys put together (for example) a score sequence of 50, 30*, 35, 20*,30, 18* and its considering stupendous success. we deserve everything to come our way.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,029
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    this is a deceptive argument and you know it.
    Players averaging 60 don't come back losing 1 - 4 (but its a team game, not one man)
    How many centuries did he sccore (but he comes low), how many half centuries did he score (but he stayed not out)

    I will say this again, Pakistanis fans are afflicted by the same issues that Indian fans had in the 90's: their teams wouldnt win much but their favorite batsmen would score bucket of runs.
    In our case our guys put together (for example) a score sequence of 50, 30*, 35, 20*,30, 18* and its considering stupendous success. we deserve everything to come our way.
    For your information Sarfraz didn't remained not out in a single match and his scores were very good in almost evey match which is why he was the leading run scorer In the ODI series ahead of Joe Root.

    His scores were:
    55,105,38,12,90 at a very good strike rate.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,029
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    this is a deceptive argument and you know it.
    Players averaging 60 don't come back losing 1 - 4 (but its a team game, not one man)
    How many centuries did he sccore (but he comes low), how many half centuries did he score (but he stayed not out)

    I will say this again, Pakistanis fans are afflicted by the same issues that Indian fans had in the 90's: their teams wouldnt win much but their favorite batsmen would score bucket of runs.
    In our case our guys put together (for example) a score sequence of 50, 30*, 35, 20*,30, 18* and its considering stupendous success. we deserve everything to come our way.
    Also players averaging 60 indeed comeback losing, if they have no one to support them.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,617
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Malik is probably the only senior who has ever won back a place in the side purely on merit and kept it for this long also on merit.

    The rest use connections and reputations.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,436
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Malik getting into form before the champions trophy. Him and Babar are our key batsmen in odis.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,590
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Mian Malik smashes some padosi bowlers in the same way. Need to get him at #4.

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,755
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's in the zone right now. Serious form.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wont surprise me that he is back in the Test team later this year as a short term measure with the retirement of Misbah & Younus.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,150
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I seriously hope he manages to win an Asia cup, CT 2017 and the 2019 WC. He's a player of that calibre who deserves to be recognised as a country great. Hope he achieves all of them. Can see him retiring with 8000+ ODI runs.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,590
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    He's in the zone right now. Serious form.
    Unfortunately too late.

    Also he has recently I think worked on his pull and game against pace.

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,755
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Unfortunately too late.

    Also he has recently I think worked on his pull and game against pace.
    If Malik had received coaching like they do India from a young age, he'd have ended up a Pakistan great at least. His batting is so technically flawed but he knows how to construct an innings and understands where his runs are gonna come from.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,590
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    If Malik had received coaching like they do India from a young age, he'd have ended up a Pakistan great at least. His batting is so technically flawed but he knows how to construct an innings and understands where his runs are gonna come from.
    Hopefully he can give us some happy moments in final phase of career.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,922
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People are getting a bit too optimistic, I'd be very surprised if we make it out of the group stages.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    1,506
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maliks, Akmals and Hafeez can only score in domestics none of them can survive and score fast against top teams.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,010
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    this is a deceptive argument and you know it.
    Players averaging 60 don't come back losing 1 - 4 (but its a team game, not one man)
    How many centuries did he sccore (but he comes low), how many half centuries did he score (but he stayed not out)

    I will say this again, Pakistanis fans are afflicted by the same issues that Indian fans had in the 90's: their teams wouldnt win much but their favorite batsmen would score bucket of runs.
    In our case our guys put together (for example) a score sequence of 50, 30*, 35, 20*,30, 18* and its considering stupendous success. we deserve everything to come our way.
    2 50s and a century
    and the only match we won he scored 90 at 100+ sr chasing 300.
    also the century he scored was after coming at 2/3.
    He did his part. should bat at no 4 or 5 if we want to maximize his batting utility.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,010
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakHammer View Post
    Wont surprise me that he is back in the Test team later this year as a short term measure with the retirement of Misbah & Younus.
    Malik v2 is a team player. Would be sad if he takes a self centered decision now.
    Retired from tests after scoring 200 and considering the love of Pakistanis for seniors he could have easily played for couple of years if he wanted too.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,851
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Malik as the ability to beat Misbah in the age game if he continues playing like that. No selectors will overlook him


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,461
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    If Malik had received coaching like they do India from a young age, he'd have ended up a Pakistan great at least. His batting is so technically flawed but he knows how to construct an innings and understands where his runs are gonna come from.
    That can be said for many players.


    #1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,436
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Malik as the ability to beat Misbah in the age game if he continues playing like that. No selectors will overlook him

    I think he will retire after the 2019 world cup regardless of fitness and form.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I agree with this. But I also know that he will be able to do nothing in the upcoming tourneys
    most of us have created this notion/standard based on his ability in the past. yes he was poor in conditions alien to him,,,

    since his comeback in 2015 he hasn't put a foot wrong and his stats prove so.. He is avg 70+ at a SR 98+.. In conditions alien to him, he still gave his best shot and has avg 40+ with 80+ SR.

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

    I do expect more from him, he is not the same old stuff, has definitely improved as a batsman and have adapted the modern day game which reflects on his SR..

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Maliks, Akmals and Hafeez can only score in domestics none of them can survive and score fast against top teams.
    sorry not Malik.. ppl just blindly add him to the list, he has done well since his comeback even in conditions alien to him than he did before

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I think he will retire after the 2019 world cup regardless of fitness and form.
    I wanted him as a captain after 2015 CWC.. but it went weirdly to azhar ali...

    because his performance increases more when he is a captain... having said that even w/o being the captain, he has improved his stats alarmingly high adapting the modern day game..

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,436
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    I wanted him as a captain after 2015 CWC.. but it went weirdly to azhar ali...

    because his performance increases more when he is a captain... having said that even w/o being the captain, he has improved his stats alarmingly high adapting the modern day game..

    Malik or Sarfraz should have been made captain after the 2015 CWC

    Yes he has improved and he is also one of fittest players in Pakistan. He will be key in the champions trophy.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,617
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    I wanted him as a captain after 2015 CWC.. but it went weirdly to azhar ali...

    because his performance increases more when he is a captain... having said that even w/o being the captain, he has improved his stats alarmingly high adapting the modern day game..
    Think he has given up all ambitions of captaincy which has improved his game. Seems like the desire to be captain was showing in his performances.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,456
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    most of us have created this notion/standard based on his ability in the past. yes he was poor in conditions alien to him,,,

    since his comeback in 2015 he hasn't put a foot wrong and his stats prove so.. He is avg 70+ at a SR 98+.. In conditions alien to him, he still gave his best shot and has avg 40+ with 80+ SR.

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

    I do expect more from him, he is not the same old stuff, has definitely improved as a batsman and have adapted the modern day game which reflects on his SR..
    Telling performances win matches.....he failed the two toughest series since his comeback - which was entirely in line with his past record. and it not going to change in the next few months

  41. #41
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,074
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    overrated player and captain but at least he's fit and a good fielder. He does magically need to find a purple patch that can justify why he has lasted more than 10 years in international cricket. I'd still take him over Akmals, Hafeez, and even a promising Haris Sohail.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Telling performances win matches.....he failed the two toughest series since his comeback - which was entirely in line with his past record. and it not going to change in the next few months
    he alone cannot win matches, there are 10 other players too... see what his avg is in Australia England New Zealand against any opposition before 2015, then u will see the difference... that is what im talking about...

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    overrated player and captain but at least he's fit and a good fielder. He does magically need to find a purple patch that can justify why he has lasted more than 10 years in international cricket. I'd still take him over Akmals, Hafeez, and even a promising Haris Sohail.
    He knows how to chase a total, which MISBAH era failed miserably without a fight...

  44. #44
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,074
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    He knows how to chase a total, which MISBAH era failed miserably without a fight...
    sure, he's had some good innings. But I'd expect him to show up more often.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I agree with this.
    But I also know that he will be able to do nothing in the upcoming tourneys
    Thanks to Ijaz Butt, WY and Afridi..

  46. #46
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,515
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Malik as the ability to beat Misbah in the age game if he continues playing like that. No selectors will overlook him
    But unlike Misbah, Malik seems to be a genuine gentleman who won't linger on until he's an absolute burden on the team at the ripe age of 43.

    He's already retired from Tests and I can see Malik leave internationals immediately after the 2019 WC.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •