For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Pakistan remains at Number 5 even if they win the upcoming series 3-0.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The test rankings are rubbish

We all know SA is probably the best test team around and win away more often than India (by miles), Pak, Eng or Aus. They are also exceptional at home.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post

We all know SA is probably the best test team around and win away more often than India (by miles), Pak, Eng or Aus. They are also exceptional at home.
    But SA don't win in India, UAE.... Lose to England at home so it's all balanced.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    But SA don't win in India, UAE.... Lose to England at home so it's all balanced.
    SA have just won 4 test series on the trot, 2 away. One in Australia, which is almost impossible to win for Pak and India. In fact, in terms of touring teams this century, only SA and England (once) have beaten Australia in Australia.

They have beaten NZ in NZ, drawn with Pak, lost to India for the first time in a long, long time and if you look at their test series results overt he last few years, they'd come out on top. I agree, there isn't a lot in it BUT SA are clearly the better overall test side.

Ind can't win outside of Asia, Pak have lost 2 on the trot and England were humiliated in India.

I'd have it

1. SA
    2. Pak/Ind/Eng/Aus
    3. NZ
    4. SL.
    5. everyone else

BUT whichever way you look at it, noway is India a clear number one in test cricket, wit ha whopping 13 point lead no doubt. The rankings are a joke.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They are only rubbish to you when the nation whose flag you shamelessly fly is ranked #1.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    They are only rubbish to you when the nation whose flag you shamelessly fly is ranked #1.
    surely their can be difference of opinion don,t be so harsh

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Not really. I have always maintained my stance on the ratings. I have also maintained my stance that the top 4 or 5 test nations are not outstanding enough to be an out and out no. 1, except for posisbly SA. No need to be so sensitive.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have it

1. SA
    2. Pak/Ind/Eng/Aus
    3. NZ
    4. SL.
    5. everyone else

BUT whichever way you look at it, noway is India a clear number one in test cricket, wit ha whopping 13 point lead no doubt. The rankings are a joke.
    How is Pakistan at same level with Aus and Eng, forget about India? NZ didn't lose series against Pak in UAE and whitewashed them in NZ.

1. SA
    2. Ind
    3. Aus
    4. Eng
    5. NZ
    6. Pak
    7. SL
    8. WI/Bangladesh
    Last edited by AlizeeFan; 22nd April 2017 at 15:43.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

DRAW: Effect on PakvsWI Series Rating.

Won't be good if a match result in draw, can Pakistan win this if conditions remain the same?

Sarfaraz, Babar, Shehzad, Haris, Talat, Fakhar, Umar.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA have just won 4 test series on the trot, 2 away. One in Australia, which is almost impossible to win for Pak and India. In fact, in terms of touring teams this century, only SA and England (once) have beaten Australia in Australia.

They have beaten NZ in NZ, drawn with Pak, lost to India for the first time in a long, long time and if you look at their test series results overt he last few years, they'd come out on top. I agree, there isn't a lot in it BUT SA are clearly the better overall test side.

Ind can't win outside of Asia, Pak have lost 2 on the trot and England were humiliated in India.

I'd have it

1. SA
    2. Pak/Ind/Eng/Aus
    3. NZ
    4. SL.
    5. everyone else

Why not just put Pakistan as no.1 and be done with it despite them being humiliated this last away summer.

NZ drew the last series in the UAE vs. Pakistan and just destroyed and embarrassed Pakistan 2-0 in NZ, yet you want to put them 2nd. Hilarious.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
    Why not just put Pakistan as no.1 and be done with it despite them being humiliated this last away summer.

NZ drew the last series in the UAE vs. Pakistan and just destroyed and embarrassed Pakistan 2-0 in NZ, yet you want to put them 2nd. Hilarious.
    I can't put Pak at top because I think SA is a better team.

India have been humiliated in Eng, Aus and SA the last time they toured those countries. I understand you're frustrated but you're about to get more frustrated.