Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Bump

Hope Amin gets his chance in this t20 series, even though its his weakest format.

In the past i have taken issue with Amin mainly because he wasn't consistent in domestic cricket.

However in recent seasons he has been one of the best performers across all formats.

I think there is room for him in all formats if he plays his natural free flowing game, by no means is he a hard hitter but he has plenty of strokes.

sadly though i doubt we will see him this series.

Sarfraz also made a mistake in not playing him once in the PSL
    t20 is not his weakest format.. he will struggle in tests.. he has a weak defensive technique

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he should be given chance either an opener or at 4

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    t20 is not his weakest format.. he will struggle in tests.. he has a weak defensive technique
    Relative to our current openers bar Azhar, I think Amin has the best shot

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be tested when he got the chance, he has to prove his words.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt he will get the chance to play in this T20 series. Should have been part of ODI squad and could have played couple of games when Haris was injured.

Its sad and unfortunate for him tbf. He was standout player along with Farhan in Pakistan Cup but both didn't even play in PSL forget about playing for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will definitely get a chance in the 3rd T20 if we are up 2-0 along with Aamer Yamin. He will be part of the ODI squad for NZ but once again, if we are not up 4-0 or 3-1, there will be no experimentations with him or Yamin. Probably when Hafeez is completely removed from the team and if Amin has a fantastic PSL, he will be a sure name in the next ODI tour which is in ZIM.
    Last edited by ManFan; 26th October 2017 at 14:18.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be given the opportunity to back his statements.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    He will definitely get a chance in the 3rd T20 if we are up 2-0 along with Aamer Yamin. He will be part of the ODI squad for NZ but once again, if we are not up 4-0 or 3-1, there will be no experimentations with him or Yamin. Probably when Hafeez is completely removed from the team and if Amin has a fantastic PSL, he will be a sure name in the next ODI tour which is in ZIM.
    I somehow doubt this, considering the match is in Lahore even if we 2-0 up the seniors will say they want to play in front of home crowd and keep the winning combination going.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Muqa tou do issay

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra_Cover View Post
    I somehow doubt this, considering the match is in Lahore even if we 2-0 up the seniors will say they want to play in front of home crowd and keep the winning combination going.
    They sent Fahim at 3 in the last ODI and would have replaced Malik or Hafeez with Haris had he not been injured. They debuted Babar in the last ODI in Lahore in 2015 against ZIM when we were 2-0. I understand your point but it would be injustice if they select someone all the way from Pakistan, have him spend time in the UAE waiting, only to tell him he won't even play in Lahore at least.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They sent Fahim at 3 in the last ODI and would have replaced Malik or Hafeez with Haris had he not been injured. They debuted Babar in the last ODI in Lahore in 2015 against ZIM when we were 2-0. I understand your point but it would be injustice if they select someone all the way from Pakistan, have him spend time in the UAE waiting, only to tell him he won't even play in Lahore at least.
    Well they called up Amad Butt in the middle of the domestic season for a T20I in England last year (yes he flew to England for ONE match). He was then benched for Wahab and Tanvir.... don't count it out.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Well they called up Amad Butt in the middle of the domestic season for a T20I in England last year (yes he flew to England for ONE match). He was then benched for Wahab and Tanvir.... don't count it out.
    I thought about that while writing my post but that was the only T20 match in that tour.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I thought about that while writing my post but that was the only T20 match in that tour.
    Yeah but it's not new for Pakistan teams to have players on the bench for extended periods without them ever getting a chance. This was specially a very common practice in Test cricket with the likes of Haris and Usman.

Hopefully Sarfaraz and Arthur don't follow this trend.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Umar Amin lol..can somebody put up his Qea stats for this season? has he done anything meaningful other than hit a pretty looking cover drive?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Umar Amin lol..can somebody put up his Qea stats for this season? has he done anything meaningful other than hit a pretty looking cover drive?
    Well he's the second-highest run-scorer for starters....

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mentally weak and technically deficient.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    how did that miracle happen lol..I'd like to see if he can keep it up for the whole season.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    how did that miracle happen lol..I'd like to see if he can keep it up for the whole season.
    Since the last domestic one day cup he is been scoring runs on all formats and deserves a chance. Not just runs but also at very good strike rate. Surely he has changed his game, worth a try. But I don’t see him getting a game. For some reason known to Sarfraz only he never gets a game in his captaincy either in PSL or INT’L.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He was the 2nd-highest scorer in 2015/16 too, struggled last season on A tour and then played only a couple of FC matches.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are his stats Abdullah bhai

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    What are his stats Abdullah bhai
    I just noticed he slipped down to fourth since he didn't play the last match...

Name:  tops.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  37.9 KB

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Woah. No MISBAH in the top 4.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abdullah bhai don't you think these stats are pretty ordinary considering some kids outperforming him..

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Abdullah bhai don't you think these stats are pretty ordinary considering some kids outperforming him..
    Only Saad Ali is outperforming him. He has lesser runs than the other two due to having played lesser innings.

On that note, curious about Rizwan Hussain. He's a new name and he's done pretty well, far better than any other batsman in his team. But then again, there are no decent batsmen in his team really.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well they are kids..He is a senior. Experience always counts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saad Ali though seems a great talent. Should be in the next test squad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well saad ali will surely be in contention , having a very good season and has an average of 48 overall in FC and 55 in list A. Two big hundreds this season , 232 and 175.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Well saad ali will surely be in contention , having a very good season and has an average of 48 overall in FC and 55 in list A. Two big hundreds this season , 232 and 175.
    It'll be a great competition between him and Imam ul haq for next test squad.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Saad Ali is outperforming him. He has lesser runs than the other two due to having played lesser innings.

On that note, curious about Rizwan Hussain. He's a new name and he's done pretty well, far better than any other batsman in his team. But then again, there are no decent batsmen in his team really.
    I've been wondering the same. He has been pretty consistent too, which is a good sign- 4 fifties and 1 100 in 9 innings. There doesn't seem to be much info about him though.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    It'll be a great competition between him and Imam ul haq for next test squad.
    Imam plays as an opener and saad plays in the middle order , imam has more chances of finding himself in the test squad after both our opener failed in the series. Saad could replace babar azam though in the test squad.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Imam plays as an opener and saad plays in the middle order , imam has more chances of finding himself in the test squad after both our opener failed in the series. Saad could replace babar azam though in the test squad.
    You missed the point..2

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You missed the point..2
    was there a point?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for those stats. Looks like his stats are padded a bit by that one big hundred. The others above him have better scores by the looks of things.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for those stats. Looks like his stats are padded a bit by that one big hundred. The others above him have better scores by the looks of things.
    28, 39, 30, 132, 15, 25, 145 are his scores, to be precise.

Before that, he played in the Pakistan Cup earlier this year and made 156, 29 and 111.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    28, 39, 30, 132, 15, 25, 145 are his scores, to be precise.

Before that, he played in the Pakistan Cup earlier this year and made 156, 29 and 111.
    Same Pakistan cup where Sami Aslam and Salman butt also got 100s and Kamran was the top scorer right?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Same Pakistan cup where Sami Aslam and Salman butt also got 100s and Kamran was the top scorer right?
    Bhai, just listing his stats not saying he is Bradman

FYI Salman Butt made 24 runs in 3 innings, Kamran Akmal 79 in 3 innings.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th October 2017 at 21:02.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Give this guy a chance already so we can move on.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are there any recent videos of his batting? Cant seem to find any

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looking at his scores I'd say that's pretty mediocre. We really need to be selecting the cream of the crop. Unfortunately Amin just isn't it.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking at his scores I'd say that's pretty mediocre. We really need to be selecting the cream of the crop. Unfortunately Amin just isn't it.
    You are talking about the scores but you have to no idea how awful pitches have been. Anyway it's T20s and he can be a useful option. Can bowl few overs and can bat at much greater pace than Hafeez. He has been around for so long but he has not been able to get a fair chance. That's why I hate Misbah. He failed to develop youngsters. Sarfraz should not repeat that. Hafeez has no point playing against this mediocre side Even malik. He should try young players.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't be anywhere near the Test squad but definitely deserves a go in the limited overs formats.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You are talking about the scores but you have to no idea how awful pitches have been. Anyway it's T20s and he can be a useful option. Can bowl few overs and can bat at much greater pace than Hafeez. He has been around for so long but he has not been able to get a fair chance. That's why I hate Misbah. He failed to develop youngsters. Sarfraz should not repeat that. Hafeez has no point playing against this mediocre side Even malik. He should try young players.
    all the more reason to be selective. If the pitches are poor and you have a player who has an average of 127 why pick Amin? He has had a couple of good scores and thats about it. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think he isnt as good as people think.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all the more reason to be selective. If the pitches are poor and you have a player who has an average of 127 why pick Amin? He has had a couple of good scores and thats about it. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think he isnt as good as people think.
    Saad Ali should be selected for Test format now its a no brainer. But discarding Amin performances now from couple of years is not justifiable. He has been performing and scoring runs in both Pakistan Cup and QEA Cup. Gets selected doesn't gets the chance to play.

Now we all know the mediocrity associated with Pakistan batting especially in Tests with passengers like Shan Masood, Sami Aslam, Asad Shafiq and to an extent Babar Azam. We need these performing players from domestics and make them part of our test squad to strengthen our batting which has been a disappointment post MisYou.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    because he doesn't have a T20 game. You have to look at long history of players not just one tournament. Umar has proved to be one of the better T20s batsmen in domestic T20 competitions.
    Last edited by MRSN; 27th October 2017 at 13:00.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Feel for the poor guy. This is pathetic from Sarfraz and Mickey. He should be playing this game ahead of Hafeez.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    because he doesn't have a T20 game. You have to look at long history of players not just one tournament. Umar has proved to be one of the better T20s batsmen in domestic T20 competitions.
    i dont think he's international cricket material. I see nothing yet that convinces me otherwise. The hysteria around him on this forum can get a little ridiculous. I see his name dropped randomly all the time. But he hasnt done anything that would make one stand up. inmho.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bhai, just listing his stats not saying he is Bradman

FYI Salman Butt made 24 runs in 3 innings, Kamran Akmal 79 in 3 innings.
    @waleed88 did you read this.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    @waleed88 did you read this.
    I remember a Pakistan cup (ODI) where Kamran was top scorer and which led to his inclusion in the side vs West Indies... earlier in 2017

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hate misbah too in this perspective. He is a poor ODI player and captain. He left the ODI team with no good batsman and bowler. In the sense an established opener, no.3, no.5, leader of the pace attack. It was unsure 11 as anyone can be axed. He didn’t leave the ODI side like he left the test side.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont think he's international cricket material. I see nothing yet that convinces me otherwise. The hysteria around him on this forum can get a little ridiculous. I see his name dropped randomly all the time. But he hasnt done anything that would make one stand up. inmho.
    Umar Amin played one decent knock against West Indies in 2013 in a t20 match... and since then he has done nothing of note, played 5 matches in ODIs vs South Africa and failed, and then failed vs Zimbabwe too

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember a Pakistan cup (ODI) where Kamran was top scorer and which led to his inclusion in the side vs West Indies... earlier in 2017
    May be but this the recent one day domestic cup which haris sohail played. The following lefties amin, Sami aslam, Fakhar Zaman, Umar amin scored heavily and the top scorers.

It had 5 teams I guess and the captains were Fakhar, Imad, Umar akmal, and some two domestic players as captain for the other two teams. This also the series were UA had a feud with Junaid Khan and said that he is unaware that JK is injured and will not play. I think it is just before the CT2017.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel for the poor guy, not sure what he needs to do to get a game under Sarfraz.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be but this the recent one day domestic cup which haris sohail played. The following lefties amin, Sami aslam, Fakhar Zaman, Umar amin scored heavily and the top scorers.

It had 5 teams I guess and the captains were Fakhar, Imad, Umar akmal, and some two domestic players as captain for the other two teams. This also the series were UA had a feud with Junaid Khan and said that he is unaware that JK is injured and will not play. I think it is just before the CT2017.
    Yes, that was Pakistan Cup. He played in 3 games and scored 2 centuries. The stand out part was that he scored 60-70% of the team total while his team consisted of Akmals and Butt. He literally carried that team.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I wasn't aware of this one, but now with the UA incident I do remember the tournament took place.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He is just not tough enough unlike Hafeez and Malik. We can risk resting them and trying him out."

That's what the management must be thinking.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It wasn't the Pakistan Cup, probably one of the other Departmental/Regional One-Day Cups.

Yeah it gets a bit confusing because we have a ton of teams and a ton of tournaments.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It wasn't the Pakistan Cup, probably one of the other Departmental/Regional One-Day Cups.

Yeah it gets a bit confusing because we have a ton of teams and a ton of tournaments.
    I think that was the tournament where MYK made drama as captain that a decision went against him or his team and shehzad was asked to captain and brought his team to the final.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hate misbah too in this perspective. He is a poor ODI player and captain. He left the ODI team with no good batsman and bowler. In the sense an established opener, no.3, no.5, leader of the pace attack. It was unsure 11 as anyone can be axed. He didn’t leave the ODI side like he left the test side.
    Exactly bro. Harris and Amin were picked under him for so many series in 2013 but he choose not to give them longer chance. He was always insisting on Hafeez,Shafiq and Yk.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Amin get a chance now in 3rd T20i? I fear he might be benched again by Sarfraz.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Will Amin get a chance now in 3rd T20i? I fear he might be benched again by Sarfraz.
    Good chance he plays, I think they'll bench either Shahzad or Fakhar.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Good chance he plays, I think they'll bench either Shahzad or Fakhar.
    To be fair definitely they will bench Imad for Nawaz. Usman might be benched for Yamin due to injury. The question then comes will they bench Shahzad or Fakhar? because I dont see seniors i.e. Hafeez and Malik missing a game.

Also Sarfraz for some reason just doesnt plays him.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont think he is a longterm solution. If I have a choice I would pick Amir Yamin over Shehzad and Amin.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exactly bro. Harris and Amin were picked under him for so many series in 2013 but he choose not to give them longer chance. He was always insisting on Hafeez,Shafiq and Yk.
    he kicked Maqsood to no.7 after two promising fifties in the first two games when none of his batsmen were able to put bat on ball including MISBAH himself scoring at snail pace even in UAE..

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be fair definitely they will bench Imad for Nawaz. Usman might be benched for Yamin due to injury. The question then comes will they bench Shahzad or Fakhar? because I dont see seniors i.e. Hafeez and Malik missing a game.

Also Sarfraz for some reason just doesnt plays him
    YES. reason has to be known... Sarfraz is friends with Amin AFAIK from the photos here and there...

who knows why sarfraz dont give Amin a game in any series?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He played Haris at no.6 , no.5 until the CWC where he promoted him to be no.3.

He kicked all Hafeez, shafiq, MYK in the CWC which he used to back and played Haris, UA and Maqsood instead. then y not give them enough chance earlier...

The CWC'15 batting order was

Shehzad
    Sarfraz
    Haris
    Misbah
    Maqsood
    UA

and no called seniors...gave afridi the chance as it was his last series or else he would have played YASIR ahead of Afridi.. Nonetheless he tried all his best to win the CWC by promoting young team but it was too late.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He played Haris at no.6 , no.5 until the CWC where he promoted him to be no.3.

He kicked all Hafeez, shafiq, MYK in the CWC which he used to back and played Haris, UA and Maqsood instead. then y not give them enough chance earlier...

The CWC'15 batting order was

Shehzad
    Sarfraz
    Haris
    Misbah
    Maqsood
    UA

and no called seniors...gave afridi the chance as it was his last series or else he would have played YASIR ahead of Afridi.. Nonetheless he tried all his best to win the CWC by promoting young team but it was too late.
    I think you need to watch his interview after winning first test against Zim in 2013 which shows his obsession with seniors. He was mocking people on tv and selectors for wanting to see young players instead of seniors on that trip.

Anyway Sarfraz and his young team has shown Misbah and everyone that Pakistan didn't lack resources and upcoming talent. They were just not given a proper chance. This is something Sarfraz must get through his head. Series like these he should be trying bench strength not go Misbah's way of playing winning combination no matter what.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont think he is a longterm solution. If I have a choice I would pick Amir Yamin over Shehzad and Amin.
    Aamir Yamin is a bowling all rounder. How can you compare him with Amin? Who is a specialist batsman?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aamir Yamin is a bowling all rounder. How can you compare him with Amin? Who is a specialist batsman?
    Amin is just not a long term solution in my view. Just not mentally and technically strong.. So if I have a choice selecting one of 2 in next match I would pick Yamin.
    Yamin is someone who can become a handy player for no 6 position. Also a contender for pace bowling all rounder in tests.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Absurd post

You are comparing a bowling AR with specialist batsman. Right now Faheem Ashraf is being groomed, no chance for Amir Yamin.

Umar Amin average 100+ in Pakistan cup 2017, now this season with Quaid e Azam trophy. The point is that he deserves his chance.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Absurd post

You are comparing a bowling AR with specialist batsman. Right now Faheem Ashraf is being groomed, no chance for Amir Yamin.

Umar Amin average 100+ in Pakistan cup 2017, now this season with Quaid e Azam trophy. The point is that he deserves his chance.
    Yamin is not a bowling all rounder. He is a better batsman than bowler. anyways the point was if I have to select 1 of the 3 in playing x1 then i'll pick Yamin. Of course he wont open.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yamin is not a bowling all rounder. He is a better batsman than bowler. anyways the point was if I have to select 1 of the 3 in playing x1 then i'll pick Yamin. Of course he wont open.
    His List A stats suggest otherwise with an average 26, he can't play at 6 lol.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Yamin and Amin should be given a chance in the 3rd T20i

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you need to watch his interview after winning first test against Zim in 2013 which shows his obsession with seniors. He was mocking people on tv and selectors for wanting to see young players instead of seniors on that trip.

Anyway Sarfraz and his young team has shown Misbah and everyone that Pakistan didn't lack resources and upcoming talent. They were just not given a proper chance. This is something Sarfraz must get through his head. Series like these he should be trying bench strength not go Misbah's way of playing winning combination no matter what.
    If you can send any link of that interview if u have, Yes Sarfraz is hands tied to not drop Hafeez and Malik but obviously can drop Shehzad
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 28th October 2017 at 11:15.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you can send any link of that interview if u have, Yes Sarfraz is hands tied to not drop Hafeez and Malik but obviously can drop Shehzad
    can't find the full interview but here is glimpse of what he said.
    http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report...e/20130907.htm

I think it was one of geo's journalist that interviewed him after that match. Read last line.
    It was a direct dig at people and selectors who wanted to see youngsters in that series.
    Last edited by MRSN; 28th October 2017 at 12:21.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He deserves a run of games before we write him of completely. He has the technique and can hit spinners and pacers both through the offside and onside. Something which is very rare in Pakistan. The problem has been his mentality. He's gone away and scored runs in domestic cricket. What more can he do? He should get a run in the LO team or the test team.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amin is just not a long term solution in my view. Just not mentally and technically strong.. So if I have a choice selecting one of 2 in next match I would pick Yamin.
    Yamin is someone who can become a handy player for no 6 position. Also a contender for pace bowling all rounder in tests.
    lol you have no idea what you are talking about. His batting is as good if not worse as Faheem. Also we can't have so many bits and pieces players in the team. We need genuine batsmen. Hafeez needs to be replaced and Amin is at the moment best player.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He deserves a run of games before we write him of completely. He has the technique and can hit spinners and pacers both through the offside and onside. Something which is very rare in Pakistan. The problem has been his mentality. He's gone away and scored runs in domestic cricket. What more can he do? He should get a run in the LO team or the test team.
    What are his recent numbers in FC and List A competitions ? And yeah he's technically sound, deserves a chance if he's scoring runs as well plus the man is not getting any younger. We have Sahibzada Farhan coming through and competition as of late is a bit fierce which is a good problem to have!

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What are his recent numbers in FC and List A competitions ? And yeah he's technically sound, deserves a chance if he's scoring runs as well plus the man is not getting any younger. We have Sahibzada Farhan coming through and competition as of late is a bit fierce which is a good problem to have!
    Hes good, great for ODI/T20. For last couple of seasons the peak of PAK domestic List A is PAK cup (changed name but idea is same), where I think I have seen few innings of Amin - 3 or 4 hundreds and each one is absolute gem on average standard. On top of that, unlike Haris guy is extremely fit, excellent fielder and can bowl a bit.

Problem is the selection ghost hasnt left yet - they are not playing him when in red hot form (was highest scorer in FC as well this season till last round before he left for UAE), instead giving one last chance to Ahmed and MoHa. By the time he gets chance, it might be too late. Also, if you start to shoot at random, one will hit the bulls eye - if such one last chance ends in a 50 from Shehzad or MoHa in the dead rubber, yet another year gone.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    He’s good, great for ODI/T20. For last couple of seasons the peak of PAK domestic List A is PAK cup (changed name but idea is same), where I think I have seen few innings of Amin - 3 or 4 hundreds and each one is absolute gem on average standard. On top of that, unlike Haris guy is extremely fit, excellent fielder and can bowl a bit.

Problem is the selection ghost hasn’t left yet - they are not playing him when in red hot form (was highest scorer in FC as well this season till last round before he left for UAE), instead giving “one last chance” to Ahmed and MoHa. By the time he gets chance, it might be too late. Also, if you start to shoot at random, one will hit the bull’s eye - if such “one last chance” ends in a 50 from Shehzad or MoHa in the dead rubber, yet another year gone.
    I think they've given Shehzad enough chances to come to the party so he should make way for Amin now, unfortunately we both know that Moha will be playing at the very least until the 2019 WC so we can't do much about that unless he's banned for chucking and there's pressure to get rid of him as a specialist batsman because he doesn't make the team based on his batting or bowling alone; anyhow he's someone who shouldn't be in the team to begin with but that's just how it is.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post

Not sure but I'm sure he's one of the top scores in QEA and he did well in Pakistan cup. So he's gone away and scored runs so can't ask more from him.