Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] Talent Spotter : Zeeshan Malik

A comprehensive profile of Zeeshan Malik, an upcoming young opener from Chakwal who excelled for Pakistan Under-19s at the 2016 Under-19 World Cup.

Full name Zeeshan Malik

Born December 26, 1996, Chakwal

Major teams Pakistan Under-19s, Rawalpindi

Batting style Right-hand bat

Bowling style Right-arm off-break

Starting Cricket

Whilst I was born in Chakwal, my family shifted to Rawalpindi when I was very young. That is where I started to play tape-ball cricket. Based on my performances in this format, a friend of mine asked me to join a local club to play proper hard-ball cricket so I joined the Greenland Cricket Club when I was 15 years of age and the love for cricket has not stopped since.

Playing Regional Under-16 Cricket and joining the NCA

I trialled for the regional Under-16s for Rawalpindi in 2012 and was selected and in that year, I was the third-highest scorer in the Pepsi PCB Cricket Stars Under-16 tournament. I was also the Man-of-the-Match in the final of the tournament where I scored 85 runs and also took 2 wickets. I suppose, based on that I was named in the list of 25 players who got a call from the National Academy for further training where I was trained by Ijaz Ahmed and Mansoor Rana.

Promotion to Regional Under-19 Level

As a result of my hard work at the Under-16 level and subsequent success in inter-district Under-19 tournaments, I was moved on to the regional Under-19s where I played for Rawalpindi region. I made an immediate impact there by scoring 99 in the first game and 208 in the second game that I played. It is this type of performance which got me a spot in the Pakistan Under-17 squad bound for England.

First taste of overseas cricket in the Under-17 tour of England

This tour took place in August 2014, and consisted of three One Day matches and one Three-Day match. Once again, I did really well with a fifty in the second match and then did extremely well with 158 in the second innings in the three-day game.

Success at the Pakistan Under-19 level

It started with being given the opportunity to play against Afghanistan Under-19s in a three match series held in Lahore. I scored fifty in the second game which we won by 7 wickets. My next assignment was with the Pakistan Under-19 squad to Kenya where I impressed many who had not seen me play before. I played four One Day matches on this tour and scored a brilliant 154 in the second game and remained not out on 76 in the fourth match.

Experience of playing in a World Cup competition

For any player, and especially a young batsman like myself, playing in such a tournament was the highlight of my career. It was a long and arduous route for me to get to this stage as I went through the regional Under-19 stage and also attended camps before being selected to represent Pakistan for this competition. In fact, in the build-up to this tournament, I played exceptionally well in the regional Under-19 tournament where I completed three centuries in a row during the quarter-final, semi-final and final. Obviously, my doing well in the foreign tours before the Under-19 World Cup also helped in my selection. During the World Cup, I had the honour to captain the team on two occasions as our captain was injured. My batting was exceptional during that tournament as I scored 89* against Canada and 93 against England.

Bowling as an added plus

I don’t bowl that often but depending on the team’s requirements and based upon the game situation, I have been asked to bowl off-spin. I did that on the Kenya tour and also in England but obviously, bowling is not the reason why I am in the team as we do have good bowlers who can do that job much better than me.

Role model

I have always been an admirer of AB de Villiers amongst non-Pakistani batsmen but closer to home I really enjoy watching the batting of Mohammad Hafeez and Ahmed Shehzad. I make it a point to watch their batting whenever Pakistan are playing cricket.

The move to First-class cricket

I played in the Rising Stars Cup organized by Lahore Qalandars in 2016 where I was captaining the Rawalpindi team. I scored a total of 171 runs in four games but strangely enough was not selected for the Lahore Qalandar's tour of Australia. But in a sense that disappointment opened doors for First-class cricket for me. I was called for trials for the Rawalpindi squad and made my First-class debut in October 2016. I have played four First-class games and put in reasonable performances but there is definitely room for improvement there. Unfortunately, I have been ignored for the Pakistan Cup tournament for the past two years and I can only hope this will change next year.

My mentor and guide, Sabih Azhar

Sabih is our region’s coach and was a great mentor to me during my Under-19 years. He has been instrumental in my development as he is involved in net practice and guides me on all aspects of my game. Since I have always been associated with the Rawalpindi region, Sabih Azhar has kept a keen eye on my development which is excellent for my progress as a player.

Future aspirations

My aim is to continue working hard and not let any disappointments bother me. At the moment, I am very pleased that our team PTV won the Patron’s Trophy Grade II tournament and have qualified to play First-class cricket for next year. I may play First-class on their behalf or may stay with Rawalpindi which is something I will need to think about and decide after consulting with Sabih Azhar.
    Last edited by MenInG; 6th May 2017 at 14:12.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    This is a wonderful addition to our Talent Spotter list.

So much promise - one just hopes he gets a good look-in at some point.

We seem to be good in trying out new bowlers but there is some hesitation for batsmen - wonder why?

Anyways a determined young man - needs our support.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The guy is well known in the pindi cricket circuit. I heard he once smacked a 200 for greenland club which got him selected later on

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Very good prospect. He's a future captain.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A carbon copy of Khurram Manzoor

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent prospect.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame about his domestic role models...

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    A carbon copy of Khurram Manzoor
    If anything, I see shades of Ponting in his batting.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Zeeshan don't do blunder like Sadaf Hussain where he preferred Rawalpindi for KRL on Sheikh's advice and by playing President Trophy before Qea even started Pakistan picked Rahat, Ehsan, Irfan & Tanveer for SA tour.

Do keep in mind what that man did to him later.

Ptv doesn't have renowned Openers so opt for PTV since Rwp will be out of tournament before PTV most probably and you will play handful of matches only.

Zeeshan had this great platform PP given to him for an interview but his attitude is way off. Yes he played one of the best innings of WC for Pak against England but how come he can say that his performances were exceptional in WC when he failed in all innings except against Canada & England ?

Similarly he himself states that he played excellent & brilliant innings against Kenya. No professional praises his own innings. Praise comes from others.

Hafeez for some of his fine shots is fine as role model though not ideal but other role model is Shehzad. Quite poor. Probably his social media following makes him a brand for ZM to follow.

I have been supporting Zeeshan Malik for his raw ability since early 2015 and raised voice for him. In one Inter district he had 4 tons the most amongst 30 odd districts while 2nd most was 2. So he has in him but his attitude is way off atm.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Very good prospect. He's a future captain.
    Wother Shizzy and Hafeez as role models?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I remember my brother-in-law speaking very highly of this guy when he was touring Kenya.

Seems like a good prospect.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Send him to Engalnd or Australia for five years and induct him straight away when he comes back. If he keeps playing our domestic he will regress like no tomorrow.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Zeeshan don't do blunder like Sadaf Hussain where he preferred Rawalpindi for KRL on Sheikh's advice and by playing President Trophy before Qea even started Pakistan picked Rahat, Ehsan, Irfan & Tanveer for SA tour.

Do keep in mind what that man did to him later.

Ptv doesn't have renowned Openers so opt for PTV since Rwp will be out of tournament before PTV most probably and you will play handful of matches only.

Zeeshan had this great platform PP given to him for an interview but his attitude is way off. Yes he played one of the best innings of WC for Pak against England but how come he can say that his performances were exceptional in WC when he failed in all innings except against Canada & England ?

Similarly he himself states that he played excellent & brilliant innings against Kenya. No professional praises his own innings. Praise comes from others.

Hafeez for some of his fine shots is fine as role model though not ideal but other role model is Shehzad. Quite poor. Probably his social media following makes him a brand for ZM to follow.

I have been supporting Zeeshan Malik for his raw ability since early 2015 and raised voice for him. In one Inter district he had 4 tons the most amongst 30 odd districts while 2nd most was 2. So he has in him but his attitude is way off atm.
    Glad you're giving him good advice, work hard and don;t brag yourself and chose the right role models.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Glad you're giving him good advice, work hard and don;t brag yourself and chose the right role models.

Yes that is very important. A player can only realise his weak links and improve if he understands that out of 6 games he failed in 4 and performed in 2. If he thinks that he had a fantastic tour and he was exceptional than he cannot improve. Natural Ability is a must but there is no alternative to hardwork and following the right role models.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Yes that is very important. A player can only realise his weak links and improve if he understands that out of 6 games he failed in 4 and performed in 2. If he thinks that he had a fantastic tour and he was exceptional than he cannot improve. Natural Ability is a must but there is no alternative to hardwork and following the right role models.
    He is going nowhere with Shizzy as role model.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Averages 18.25 in FC and calls it "reasonable performance". Was inconsistent during the WC, and calls that "brilliant". Has Hafeez and Shehzad as role models. Three red flags already.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the cherry on top is that @Abdullah719 introduces him with the words "excelled for Pakistan Under-19s at the 2016 Under-19 World Cup"

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    And the cherry on top is that @Abdullah719 introduces him with the words "excelled for Pakistan Under-19s at the 2016 Under-19 World Cup"
    Sorry, but we keep the intros short and to the point. It was not feasible to write "A comprehensive profile of Zeeshan Malik, an upcoming young opener from Chakwal who hit two fifties and didn't make any big scores in the other three innings of the 2016 Under-19 World Cup".

He was the third-highest scorer for Pakistan in the U19 World Cup with 225 runs (and he played one innings lesser than the top two scorers). Considering the fascination you have with statistics et al., his average was 56.25. Quite a good performance on the whole, I think.

Do let me know how else you would write it and I will definitely keep Asfandyar's sensitivities in mind next time.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th May 2017 at 05:37.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Sorry, but we keep the intros short and to the point. It was not feasible to write "A comprehensive profile of Zeeshan Malik, an upcoming young opener from Chakwal who hit two fifties and didn't make any big scores in the other three innings of the 2016 Under-19 World Cup".

He was the third-highest scorer for Pakistan in the U19 World Cup with 225 runs (and he played one innings lesser than the top two scorers). Considering the fascination you have with statistics et al., his average was 56.25. Quite a good performance on the whole, I think.

Do let me know how else you would write it and I will definitely keep Asfandyar's sensitivities in mind next time.

Thanks.
    Don't listen to him, you're doing a great job.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719, no offense brother. My only problem with Zeeshan at this point of time is that he is way too inconsistent. I think it is unwise to hype a young batsman to the moon only to smash him to the ground if he fails to deliver on the promise (case in focus: Ahmed Shahzad overall and Babar Azam in tests)

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.
    And to answer your question, a simple "did well for Pakistan" would have sufficed. Excelled is what Hasan Mohsin did in the tournament.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    @Abdullah719, no offense brother. My only problem with Zeeshan at this point of time is that he is way too inconsistent. I think it is unwise to hype a young batsman to the moon only to smash him to the ground if he fails to deliver on the promise (case in focus: Ahmed Shahzad overall and Babar Azam in tests)
    I agree, mostly.

Regarding consistency, the sample size is really quite small. He actually hit around four hundreds in four consecutive regional U19 games before the U19 World Cup but a bigger worry is that he hasn't played much competitive cricket since the World Cup, besides a few FC matches.

I don't think he has been hyped up too much. In fact, there's only a few around here that rate him.

I was also a bit disappointed at the Shehzad/Hafeez comment - but hopefully he can see the positives and negatives of their batting and only looks to emulate the good parts!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The second shot looks a bit like a right-handed version of Sharjeel's leg-side flick.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Send him to Engalnd or Australia for five years and induct him straight away when he comes back. If he keeps playing our domestic he will regress like no tomorrow.
    5 years to do what?

You think teams in Australia and England are ready to allow Pakistani players to go there and play for 5 years just so they can get better?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    5 years to do what?

You think teams in Australia and England are ready to allow Pakistani players to go there and play for 5 years just so they can get better?
    'Look at these foreigners, taking our jobs'

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played in the Islamabad United Twin Cities Takra tournament and made two hundreds while captaining the Allahabad Auliyas side.

Name:  21369636_1717289395232928_2079984808183742746_n.jpg
Views: 4717
Size:  89.3 KB

Name:  21369390_1716717115290156_876704805392237015_n.jpg
Views: 4721
Size:  94.6 KB
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 18th September 2017 at 02:35.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Played in the Islamabad United Twin Cities Takra tournament and made two hundreds while captaining the Allahabad Auliyas side.

United are probably going to Pick him as their emerging player.When I first saw him play for Pak U-19 in 2015 I was very impressed by his stroke play.A PSL 2018 contract is surely going to help players like him, Sahibzada Farhan and Shaheenshah.Lets hope they don't disappoint us.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh wow. Quality may not have been that great but this is impressive. Looked a good prospect when I saw him; hope he doesn't fade away

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Shahadat Awan View Post
    United are probably going to Pick him as their emerging player.When I first saw him play for Pak U-19 in 2015 I was very impressed by his stroke play.A PSL 2018 contract is surely going to help players like him, Sahibzada Farhan and Shaheenshah.Lets hope they don't disappoint us.
    Was very happy to see Zeeshan Malik performing in this tournament, which is why I posted it. I had a few questions about him when I first read this talent spotter (the fact that he was praising his own performances, his role models etc) but I am happy to see he is now letting his bat do the talking. He also scored an unbeaten 40* odd in this tournament.

I hope the likes of Zeeshan Malik, Ahsan Ali, Sahibzada Farhan, Saud Shakeel and so on secure PSL contracts. That's even before we consider the likes of Saif Badar, Hussain Talat, Hasan Mohsin who already have PSL contracts. All in all, there is plenty of batting talent- it just needs nurturing and opportunities to perform.

Bowling has always been a strength. I would be very surprised if Shaheen Shah didn't get a PSL contract.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    oh wow. Quality may not have been that great but this is impressive. Looked a good prospect when I saw him; hope he doesn't fade away
    Yes, obviously he will face tougher bowling but his scores show he has the right attitude to batting. Three things stand out:

(i) excellent strike-rate
    (ii) consistency: good to see he is not just padding up his average through one decent innings
    (iii) the not-outs: it shows he is someone who finishes the job. Points to someone who values his wicket and doesn't throw it away after reaching personal milestones.

A lot depends on his attitude, but we can only hope this "hunger" for batting stays with him during his career.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he should be selected as islamabad's emerging player for this season
    if he performs he can be directly confirmed for national team like shadab

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by another drop catch View Post
    he should be selected as islamabad's emerging player for this season
    if he performs he can be directly confirmed for national team like shadab
    They say every cloud has a silver lining. Losing Sharjeel and co. opens up spaces in IU's team for young, upcoming Pakistani batsmen. The likes of Zeeshan Malik etc. need to make the most of this opportunity.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    They say every cloud has a silver lining. Losing Sharjeel and co. opens up spaces in IU's team for young, upcoming Pakistani batsmen. The likes of Zeeshan Malik etc. need to make the most of this opportunity.
    Well the silver lining last season turned out to be Rafatullah Mohmand so I hope we don't see any more decisions like that one...

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the silver lining last season turned out to be Rafatullah Mohmand so I hope we don't see any more decisions like that one...
    You really aren't taking any prisoners these days are you?

I am confident IU won't repeat that mistake again.

I hate the fact Rafatullah was selected last year, but I do sort of understand why it happened. Having lost three big players midway through a tournament, I think they were playing it safe and picking someone who had a track record.

Whilst with PSL 2 they had to throw out their plans and start afresh midway though a tournament, for PSL 3 they have a whole year to plan. We've already seen investment in the grassroots with this TCT initiative.

Plus, for PSL 3 Shadab won't be classed as an emerging player which opens up another space for a young talent regardless.

All in all, Abdullah bhai you have every reason to smile.

ps. No doubt, IU managment will now prove me wrong and select TTFs

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's a true pitch player. Very good on his shoulders. If he breaks through to the national team, he's a future captain.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 21st September 2017 at 22:03.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good on him.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 21st September 2017 at 22:03.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully, AB is his role model in batting, Hafeez in off spin bowling and Shehzad in looks. If that is the case then I am all good.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not good role models up there.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Name:  vlcsnap-error159.jpg
Views: 4340
Size:  254.4 KB

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good stuff but shouldn’t he be playing the QeA instead ? @Abdullah719 can we get a video pls ?

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s 100% sure to be selected for the PSL now.

Competition in this tourny is better than at IU’s tourny.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how on earth rohail nazeer is batting at 11

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by another drop catch View Post
    how on earth rohail nazeer is batting at 11
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he's injured or possibly the broadcast is just wrong with the order.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Good stuff but shouldn’t he be playing the QeA instead ? @Abdullah719 can we get a video pls ?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Zeeshan's other knocks in the tournament.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kids like Zeeshan should be first choice openers in PSL and here they are playing for Rising stars
    Pata nahi uncles sa kab jaan chotay gi.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Kids like Zeeshan should be first choice openers in PSL and here they are playing for Rising stars
    Pata nahi uncles sa kab jaan chotay gi.
    Strike rate behtar hai?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Strike rate behtar hai?
    bohaatttt behtar .. meri baat dil ko lag gaye Zeeshi ko :p

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks man. He strikes the ball quite hard.

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Plays like Kohli and has a very good cricketing brain.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Should never play in UAE, particularly at Abu Dhabi - he is a good wicket batsman, where ball comes at pace & bounce. Very good at hitting through the line from side on position (uses shoulders for power, rather than bottom hand, and guides the shot from top hand) - he won't pass 20 on the current Abu Dhabi wicket, may be not even once in 5 attempts. Probably, his best wicket is Eden or Bangalore or Adelaide.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    His knock yesterday in the semi. Was playing so well until he got out, going by his reaction he knew that too.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His knock yesterday in the semi. Was playing so well until he got out, going by his reaction he knew that too.

Looked unstoppable up until his dismissal, so he is right to be annoyed with himself. Shows the right attitude too.

I definitely rate this knock higher than the 74* he scored earlier on in the tournament. This is why cricket can't just be played on spreadsheets.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maza agya. Hoping to see him in a PSL team soon. Should be playing Quaid e Azam trophy.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maza agya. Hoping to see him in a PSL team soon. Should be playing Quaid e Azam trophy.
    The 74* he scored earlier in the tournament was scratchy but since then he looked a class apart from everyone else.

He is signed with Pindi in QeA trophy.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The 74* he scored earlier in the tournament was scratchy but since then he looked a class apart from everyone else.

He is signed with Pindi in QeA trophy.
    thanks then why isnt he playing QeA trophy?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks then why isnt he playing QeA trophy?
    Here's what I previously wrote in the tournament thread:

"So happy to see him continuing his good form from IU's tournament and putting in consistent performances. The only thing I am not sure about is the fact he is playing this tournament ahead of playing for Rawalpindi in the QeA.

Obviously he is trying to improve his chances of getting picked up in the PSL which is a good move, but to be honest I think he already did that through IU's tournament and from memory he was one of the top scorers in last year's edition of this Rising Stars tournament. Playing some FC cricket would be a good for his development.

By contrast, it looks as though Hasan Raza (the one from Kashmir) has chosen to play for KRL in the QeA rather than play in this tournament- only time will tell who made the right call."
    Last edited by mak36; 8th October 2017 at 08:01.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This raises an interesting question: assuming he is selected to go on the LQ tour of Australia, should he go or should he prioritise QeA?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This raises an interesting question: assuming he is selected to go on the LQ tour of Australia, should he go or should he prioritise QeA?
    I think he should prioritize first class. Would make IU team anyway hopefully?
    And even if he does well in Asutralia there are slim chances of him being selected in Qalandars squad and then in playing X1. Kids like Gohar are waiting for a chance for 2 years now.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks good... hoping to see him partnering Fakhar in the 2019 WC.

What is most likely to happen is we may have Shehzad and nepotistic Imam as the backup opener.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he should prioritize first class. Would make IU team anyway hopefully?
    And even if he does well in Asutralia there are slim chances of him being selected in Qalandars squad and then in playing X1. Kids like Gohar are waiting for a chance for 2 years now.
    Agreed.

FC experience is more important although Pindi is a batman's graveyard.

I think he will get more opportunities at IU than he would at LQ, but I don't mind where he goes as long as he gets regular game time. IU have a particular need for batsmen after losing Sharjeel and co. plus they have 1 emerging player space to fill after Shadab's promotion.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's the closest to being international ready out of the young bats. Won't be surprised to see him selected if he racks em up this season. Should be selected for PSL for sure with the performances he's putting in lower tournaments.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Chief Destroyer mujhay yeh Shehzad jessa player lagta hay.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    @Chief Destroyer mujhay yeh Shehzad jessa player lagta hay.
    Why?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would be a good partner for Fakhar

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Would be a good partner for Fakhar
    Both Malik and Farhan should be prepared for WC19. Bench strength is good.
    Last edited by mak36; 12th October 2017 at 09:47.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The standard of bowling is really poor , lets see how he does against better bowlers.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I thought he would be a guaranteed pick given the mountain of runs he's scored.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlucky but still has time on his side.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard a lot about him, and some of the shots were breath taking. Obviously, that means nothing if he doesn't have performances to back all the hype. He had a pretty average U19 record (had a good world cup though), and his entry into the next level hasn't been impressive either. @Chief Destroyer hyping him up is another red mark on his score sheet. I hope he overcomes all these hurdles to walk the talk. All the best to the youngsta beauty!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's beyond a joke he hasn't been selected. PSL is 3-4 months away, so hopefully there is still a chance he can be selected.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is the most stylish batsman I've seen from the recent past from Pak. Disappointing that no team picked him at the drafts.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is Zeeshan now? Is he playing grade 2 cricket? I see many people rate him here. I hope he gets a psl contract with Islamabad utd with deano developing him

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Where is Zeeshan now? Is he playing grade 2 cricket? I see many people rate him here. I hope he gets a psl contract with Islamabad utd with deano developing him
    *** NBP STADIUM, KARACHI

CAA (First Innings) 234-10 in 75.3 overs (Abid Ali 78, 149 balls, 8x4s, Sheraz Ali 32, 60 balls, 3x4s, Basit Ali 27, 43 balls, 3x4s, Ghulam Rehman 4-57, Mehmood Ali 2-31, Danish Aziz 2-67)

(2nd Innings) 68-2 in 23 overs: (Haris Khanzada 30, 67 balls, 3x4s, Danish Aziz 2-15)

Omer Associate (First Innings) 331-9 in 83 overs: (Zeeshan Malik 108, 172 balls, 11x4s, Danish Aziz 89, 89 balls, 4x4s, 2x6s, Mahmood Ali 46, 141 balls, 3x4s, Muhammad Waqas 21, 19 balls, 3x4s, Haris Khanzada 4-73, Usman Usmani 2-81)

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much batting talent in Pakistan for him to play PSL or get near the national team :p.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will play for Rawalpindi in Quaid e Azam trophy

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Too much batting talent in Pakistan for him to play PSL or get near the national team :p.
    There will come a day when a PSL side will “discover” him.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why aren't Rawalpindi playing him in QeA Trophy? He's not going to learn anything warming the bench.

He'll be better off moving at this rate.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why aren't Rawalpindi playing him in QeA Trophy? He's not going to learn anything warming the bench.

He'll be better off moving at this rate.
    Rawalpindi repeating this stupidity in the QeA One Day Cup now.

This is what happens when you don't have merit based selection. No wonder they have suffered heavy defeats (and batting collapses) so far this season.

The sooner he moves the better.