Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Haysman and Ramiz are enough to send anyone to sleep or look for the mute button.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Baazid Khan and Waqar Younis

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danny Morrison, Ather Ali. Danny Morrison speaks less on cricket and more on other things

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Ntini laughing after Babar Azam hit on the ribs. This is beyond pathetic

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Biased Commentary

I was very surprised to see the bias in the commentary in the SA vs Pak and Ind vs AUS series. Is it a new strategy employed to satisfy the home base considering the dwindling ratings? Mark Waugh was so cringeworthy more than once. Even the normally soft spoken Saffers seem to have gone overboard this time. Is there an underlying Asia vs the rest theme developing where Asian teams are discredited and insulted even during commentary. Discuss!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any examples of this “bias commentary” during these 2 series’?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    I was very surprised to see the bias in the commentary in the SA vs Pak and Ind vs AUS series. Is it a new strategy employed to satisfy the home base considering the dwindling ratings? Mark Waugh was so cringeworthy more than once. Even the normally soft spoken Saffers seem to have gone overboard this time. Is there an underlying Asia vs the rest theme developing where Asian teams are discredited and insulted even during commentary. Discuss!
    Why does it matter? Enjoy the Cricket

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cricket commentary is at an all time low.

Gone are the days of Bannister, Ilingworth, Greig, Cozier , Boycott etc.

Now we have a bunch of ex players who constantly spout bias towards their team and think they are comedians.

Luckily in the UK we still have Bumble, Hussain and Atherton who are a class above the rest.

I doubt I would have followed cricket if I were to switch on today and listen to the drivel we hear now.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Any examples of this “bias commentary” during these 2 series’?
    Mark Waugh's comments on Pujara all series. Him discrediting Indian team when their plans come off.
    SA commentators saying the bowlers won't be giving any more freebies to Pak batsman after one of them scores boundaries. Any dropped catches by both teams are treated differently

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Why does it matter? Enjoy the Cricket
    It ruins the viewing experience.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It ruins the viewing experience.
    Not mine- I couldn't care less. Trust your own opinions on the game.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not mine- I couldn't care less. Trust your own opinions on the game.
    At least that's not what the majority thinks. The reason for roping in star studded commentary teams is to.add to that experience.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD and NZ commentators are the absolute worst.

Non-stop shouting in complete random order.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    At least that's not what the majority thinks. The reason for roping in star studded commentary teams is to.add to that experience.
    I think that people take them too seriously. If you watch enough Cricket as you do, you will know what's what and don't need someone to tell you.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think that people take them too seriously. If you watch enough Cricket as you do, you will know what's what and don't need someone to tell you.
    It's not about comprehension. We understand what's going on. But like I said I listen to the commentary for the additional insights of the experts. Pettiness and bias is not what one would expect from experts. It's actually off putting when you are supposed to be entertained but are not. It also changes our views about the yesteryear stars.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mark waugh was acting like Australian team manager there. Almost always talked about Australia's impossible hopes, constantly getting agitated over field sets of Tim paine and he rarely looked like a commie. He was more like a fan boy sitting the commentary room.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home side commentators will support their country. I have no issues with that.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Home side commentators will support their country. I have no issues with that.
    There is a limit to it. You cannot talk like a team manager every minute of your commentary. All the other Aussie commies are fine. Mark waugh is a weasel. Always tries to discredit the bowling of opposition, batting of opposition with weird theories. Clarke and Warne can also be biased. But they don't go overboard like Mark waugh. Wish they had Mark Taylor and Slater instead of Kery o keefe and Mark waugh.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There has always been biased commentary. Check out videos of old games..,

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Mark Nicholas watching two people who were clearly dwarfs (during 3rd Test) commented on "starting them young".....

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haysman and Ntini.Former is biased as hell and the latter makes foolish jokes and laughs like a maniac

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullycricket View Post
    Haysman and Ntini.Former is biased as hell and the latter makes foolish jokes and laughs like a maniac
    Laughed when Babar got hit on the ribs and was in pain.
    Last edited by MenInG; 15th January 2019 at 11:19.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Laughed when Babar got hit on the ribs and was in pain.
    Doesn't even Spare his own countrymen.Bavuma has height of stumps

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Slater & Healy.
    I must update this, I was horribly wrong. Fate has a way of letting one know that things can always get worse. It's Mark Howard and Mark Waugh. These two make me want to wish I could shove a pound of melted butter down my ears.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramiz and Waqar. The former steps into the comm. box likes he has little to no awareness of the game and the later preaches (in broken English) the same tactical blunders he made as captain and coach.
    Last edited by topspin; 15th January 2019 at 18:40.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Ramiz and Waqar. The former steps into the comm. box likes he has little to no awareness of the game and the later preaches (in broken English) the same tactical blunders he made as captain and coach.
    Waqar was going on about how Mohammad Hafeez was "a changed man" during some meaningless NZ T20I.

Then Hafeez bombed in both ODIs and Tests showing Waqar's brilliant judgement. Amazing how our ex-players give our seniors such a long rope.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that woman commentator isha guha

she knows her stuff but it's so odd hearing a woman when in all of mens cricket history we've had male

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1753 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ramiz Raja and whoever he is commenting with, doesn't matter who he is. Ramiz alone makes that duo the worst.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ramiz Raja and whoever he is commenting with, doesn't matter who he is. Ramiz alone makes that duo the worst.
    rambo is great, adds a lot of unfunny stuff that ends up being funny

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Waqar was going on about how Mohammad Hafeez was "a changed man" during some meaningless NZ T20I.

Then Hafeez bombed in both ODIs and Tests showing Waqar's brilliant judgement. Amazing how our ex-players give our seniors such a long rope.
    Ex cricketers always value experience. They know from their personal experiences how this game is a great leveler and everybody has their ups and downs. Waqar probably went down memory lane and tapped into that great comeback performance of his and compared that with Hafeez's. Nothing wrong with what he said after that T20 or even the first test with AUS. It would have been weird if Waqar said something similar after 2nd test in NZ series which he didn't.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pommie and Makhaya Ntini ... especially Ntini ... I dare you to find a more pathetic and biased commentator. He kept on saying it was not a no-ball on the Asif dismissal not knowing it was the 2nd shoulder height bouncer in the over and then thought Talat was dead on LBW saying how is this ball missing the stumps before hawkeye showed it was going over. Absolute cringe and terrible, I know he's patriotic but keep it in your pants.