MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Nobody gives a thought to what they are saying about you" : Misbah-ul-Haq

Misbah speaking to BBC Urdu:

"Every human has feelings and when criticism becomes personal, we all feel very angry"

"People who say such things don't care what they are saying but as Muslims we should think about these things"

"Those sitting on TV channels as experts don't worry about what they are saying and due to that even my family's feelings have also been hurt"

"A review of policy for comments by TV Channels is needed otherwise parents will stop sending children to play sports"

"I am exactly the same in personal life as I appear on the cricket field - I never overreact and solve matters in a calm way"

"People from Mianwalli are mentally and physically strong"

"Young men in Mianwalli are really interested in sports but unfortunately there is not even one proper cricket ground there"
    "It is my wish that I am able to play a role in the betterment of facilities for health, education and sports"

"Due to commitments to international cricket, I havent had much chance to stay in touch with old friends but these are friends with whom my friendship will never end"

"I had told my friends to excuse me for not staying in touch as my first priority was with the Pakistan team"

"But the truth is that I really miss my old acquaintances and I will meet up with all those who I havent had a chance to meet for a while"

"I plan to be reunited with old friends and also do some social work"

"My mother has an important role in my character development"

"I was in grade 9 when my father passed away but my mother stepped in to guide and educate me"

"When you gain some understanding of life, you start to understand your responsibilities and I did my MBA due to that"

"After that I became very interested in cricket and so changed my profession"

Pakistan gaining the number one Test ranking and the arrival of the ICC Test Mace to Pakistan were the 2 most memorable moments of my career"

"Defeating England Australia in the UAE, whitewashing England in the UAE, defeating England at The Oval and defeating SA in an ODI series in SA are all memorable victories which I will never forget"
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th May 2017 at 12:38.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    These are some heartfelt comments from Misbah!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good comments from Misbah. Hope he sets up an academy in Mainwali or joins PCB in some administrative role. He would do a far better job than Sethi and Sheri..

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Good comments from Misbah. Hope he sets up an academy in Mainwali or joins PCB in some administrative role. He would do a far better job than Sethi and Sheri..
    He needs to do what Malik has done for Sialkot

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misnah is himself to blame for this. He earned a well deserved respect and praise and was well appreciated by almost everyone until two years ago. But, after that he has been a liability and burden on Pakistan team and became greedy and did not retire and lead the team through lots of humiliation. The criticism he is receiving now is not personal but on merit.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Misnah is himself to blame for this. He earned a well deserved respect and praise and was well appreciated by almost everyone until two years ago. But, after that he has been a liability and burden on Pakistan team and became greedy and did not retire and lead the team through lots of humiliation. The criticism he is receiving now is not personal but on merit.
    Its fine to criticize his captaincy etc but not get personal

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    688 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those sitting on TV channels as experts don't worry about what they are saying and due to that even my family's feelings have also been hurt.
    Hopefully the loser reads this (the person who this statement was aimed at).

You don't burn calories by jumping to conclusions.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nice interview, can see him contributing to Pakistan cricket in future.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    to Misbah. The silent Guardian of Pakistan Cricket.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what Misbah is talking about ? may be too self conscious. I have been watching this test and did not listen any objectionable comments from any commentator to upset his family. Misbah is otherwise a decent family man and doesn't deserve any comments other than regarding cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hatsoff to Misbah. A great player for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    It's true Pakistani media especially former Pakistani players are shockingly poor with their criticisms.

Get very personal.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He needs to do what Malik has done for Sialkot
    I think you could say misbah has done that already for his faisalabad team

He played a grade 2 tournament just to get his team to first class level back again.
    Grade 2 is one of the lowest standard of cricket, and our international stars dont even play first class(razzaq, yousuf) and this guy played grade 2 just to get his team back at first class level and he was successful.

Aswell for promoting players from his region, i think he has also done that aswell. Misbah has particularly backed good players.
    If he saw a good player in domestic he would scout them and bring them to his sngpl team.
    Hussain talat, imran khalid, asif ali etc are all good examples.

I remember misbah almost got asif ali selected for a t20 series in place of umar akmal

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Sorry but how 1(51)? He was never the guardian he was the player that sucked the flair out of our team and instilled tuk tuk

He is crying now but he chose to play proffesional cricket so he chose fo be constructively criticised on tv, why is he wingeing?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Sorry but how 1(51)? He was never the guardian he was the player that sucked the flair out of our team and instilled tuk tuk

He is crying now but he chose to play proffesional cricket so he chose fo be constructively criticised on tv, why is he wingeing?
    Misbah made these statements for people like you who just love to criticize blindly. We all know how Pakistan is renowned for collapsing. The strategy was to exhaust their fast bowlers and then score freely later which was done by Misbah followed by Sarfaraz.

We still have whole day left to get 9 wickets so even though that 1(51) was painstakingly slow, let's look at the bigger picture. Better than collapsing and going back in the hut.

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jazbati View Post
    Misbah made these statements for people like you who just love to criticize blindly. We all know how Pakistan is renowned for collapsing. The strategy was to exhaust their fast bowlers and then score freely later which was done by Misbah followed by Sarfaraz.

We still have whole day left to get 9 wickets so even though that 1(51) was painstakingly slow, let's look at the bigger picture. Better than collapsing and going back in the hut.
    Not blindly we all saw the dot balls it was eyes wide open, he could have got a few singles but he didnt and no one can defend that. He is the captain of the national team which is a privilege and with that comes constructive criticism which is allowed and should be expected. He did a similar tuk tuk thing in the wc vs west indies and countless other times. Very happy he will be gone