Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Misbah-ul-Haq

Captain, leader, legend.

The fighter who battled and strove for the sake of Pakistan cricket in what were some of our darkest times. Thanks for everything.

Last edited by MenInG; 13th May 2017 at 19:49.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks my Captain, you will be missed.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have nothing but my highest regards for Misbah.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He was THE BEST pressure player for us all these years. One of the best we ever had!!!

How he's saved the team countless times.. particularly in situations like these, where all the Azhars, Shafiqs, Sarfrazs keep failing.

Can we get anyone with the nerves of steel like him?!?!

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A legend

Better then imran khan and has the stats to backhim

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It is possible to praise Misbah without dragging Imran to the table. I don't understand why Misbah fans always seem to have an axe to grind against Imran's career. The truth is that Misbah is not better than Imran either as a captain or as a player, and doesn't have a greater legacy. Imran will forever be regarded as a better cricketer.

To get things back on track: Misbah is most certainly a Pakistani legend. He is barely a Pakistan batting great, but his impact on Pakistan cricket in the last 7 years cannot be captured in words. He has been a father-like figure and proved almost everyone wrong when he was appointed as captain in 2010. He will be remembered for generations to come and will be treated with utmost respect. A future in the PCB beckons. He will be chairman one day.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon you can't blame all Misbah fans for Major's antics.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ignoring @Major's major fail post so that we don't start a war on this thread.

Misbah has served Pakistan admirably well. He had his ups and downs but you can't fault the man for trying.

Bye bye Misbah

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ignoring @Major's major fail post so that we don't start a war on this thread.

Misbah has served Pakistan admirably well. He had his ups and downs but you can't fault the man for trying.

Bye bye Misbah

Wow wow wow nice wisdom ima start one though

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I've always said this. His achievements and what he did for Pakistan cricket will only be realised and appreciated after he has retired.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I've always said this. His achievements and what he did for Pakistan cricket will only be realised and appreciated after he has retired.
    No, they won't and you'll be proven wrong.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    A legend

Better then imran khan and has the stats to backhim
    Not even close to Imran. Misbah was just a mediocre batsman who took advantage of slow pitches and good spinners. Even SL and Bangladesh did the same thing as Pakistan in UAE. Imran Khan assembled a legendary team and himself was a legendary player and lead his men to beat legendary teams. Misbah beat average team mostly. He didn't have killer mentality like Imran either. Misbah lead Pakistan to a record 6 straight losses and got swept in Australia by an average team. There is much more to this but it's safe to say that Imran>Misbah.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaks volumes of our crappy system that a born test batsman like Misbah makes his debut so late in his career. We could and should have got ten years more out of him.Can't compare him with UK who had a far better team to play with. Stop belittling the achievements of Misbah Ul Haq.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Watch the run rate soar now. #joking

Misbah was a good leader who helped restore respect to the Pakistan cricket team.

I hope he gets a job coaching younger players, he will be a good influence.

Thanks to Misbah and best wishes.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys, this thread is not meant for any comparison with the past greats. You may well not appreciate him or his style of play but keep in mind that he has represented and led the national side with grace.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    No, they won't and you'll be proven wrong.
    I stand by what I said.

His efforts are undervalued by the likes of you.

The Pakistan Test team have been great ambassadors, they have won many friends around the world and it has been a controversy free era for the first time in a long time.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I stand by what I said.

His efforts are undervalued by the likes of you.

The Pakistan Test team have been great ambassadors, they have won many friends around the world and it has been a controversy free era for the first time in a long time.
    I prefer winning over making friends.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Won most matches as Pakistan Test captain. Do those wins not count?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're obviously young and haven't seen much of our cricket between 1993 and 2005

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Misbah's captaincy was first announced I didn't agree with it BUT he quickly changed my mind.

He steadied the ship and as Saj says he's helped a bunch of boys to become proper ambassadors for Pakistan winning friends everywhere they toured.

He also showed our players, through example, how we can comepete and beat teams in test matches.

Do so many years, perhaps barring the Woolmer eras, we had unpredictable test teams that, although had suprieme talent, more often then not failed to deliver.

Misbah changed all that and must take a lot of credit for this.

He also never captained in Pakistan and I'm not entirely sure, but has there ever been any captain who did the job for such a prolonged period never captained the side in a home test match?

Misbah, you've been brilliant and I for one thank you for your services.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best Pakistani captain ever, the most organized player ever to wear green jersey.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We haven't realized how much we are going to miss these guys.. Test team still need both of them.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodby Misbah gonna miss your big sixes and your good captaincy.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The biggest chnage that misbah bought was the 4th inning targrt chase. Pakistan always had a bad record in chasing targets, but misbah changed that

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thank You Misbah.

Pride of Pakistan.

Educated, Honest, Hardworking, Passionate, Focussed servant of Pakistan.

Legend. Hero.

Captain Cool. Leader.

May Allah bless you more Misbah ul Haq

Salute

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not get emotional and not forget he earned lot of respect but lost all with his selfishness and not retiring and leading Pakistan to 6 consecutive defeats and scoring 71 runs against tough opponents.

I'm glad it's over.

Wish him all the happiness and health in future life.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My first and only Test captain I grew up watching cricket with. Easily one of the best Test captains in history. I'm going to miss him a lot more than other fans since I've been watching a world class Test team grow up from 2011. Misbah should definitely be involved with the PCB after retiring.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    My first and only Test captain I grew up watching cricket with. Easily one of the best Test captains in history. I'm going to miss him a lot more than other fans since I've been watching a world class Test team grow up from 2011. Misbah should definitely be involved with the PCB after retiring.
    Looks there is hope for the next generation after all!

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Looks there is hope for the next generation after all!
    What do you mean by that?

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by that?
    It means you're a bacha with good taste when it comes to cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    It means you're a bacha with good taste when it comes to cricket.
    I was a bacha back in 2011, I'm an adult now who's just left his teens

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was a bacha back in 2011, I'm an adult now who's just left his teens
    Don't worry, you'll always be a bacha to me

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    A stabilising force for our cricket. Between late 2010 and 2012, and from 2014 to 2016, Pakistan went unbeaten for seven Test series for only the first time since the 1980s.

People can ignorantly scoff at our UAE record but the fact is we needed to sort out our home form. In the 90s and 00s we shelled series even against the likes of Zimbabwe.

You only need to ask the players, far more qualified to speak on Misbah than any one of us, to see how much they've respected him as a leader.

I hope he enjoys his retirement and is utilised by the board in some capacity.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When Wasim and Waqar walked off in 2003, Rashid Latif said, we'll find out in a few years time how good these two were....
    Looking at what followed and where we are today with our bowling resources, they were indeed a 'one off'.

The same will be said of Misbah and Younas.

Good bye Legends...and God bless!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis themselves hating on Misbah on his retirement thread? I think you guys deserve the Salman butt's, Saleem Malik's etc

On topic Misbah deserves the utmost respect for what he has achieved both as a player and as a captain.. He steadied a shinking ship and guided it with steady momentum without any controversy.. Few years down the line people will realise his worth and would come around.. A true legend #ThankYou

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Fell in love with him during the 2007 T20WC for his big hitting and calm under pressure but what he did for Pakistan cricket in the test format with his "tuk tuk" made Pakistan fall in love with cricket again. Number one in the world, whitewashing England and Australia, defying South Africa and doing all of it without the slightest hint of infighting or some other controversy are accomplishments that Misbah can look back proudly at. They probably won't be matched.

Again, he was a human, so of course he had his flaws but as a cricketer and more importantly, as a person, Misbah ul Haq was gold for Pakistani cricket. I am proud to have supported him during his lean year in 2009 but I would be lying if I said I knew he would retire as a great cricketer.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Pakistanis themselves hating on Misbah on his retirement thread? I think you guys deserve the Salman butt's, Saleem Malik's etc

On topic Misbah deserves the utmost respect for what he has achieved both as a player and as a captain.. He steadied a shinking ship and guided it with steady momentum without any controversy.. Few years down the line people will realise his worth and would come around.. A true legend #ThankYou
    We don't worship individuals, we give credit to cricketers only by balancing what they gave to Pakistan cricket and what they did not. Yes Misbah had his high points and he deserved all the credit for that and was given, but we also can't forget his selfishness and when he let Pakistan cricket down, particularly his 2011 WC final innings, his persistent in playing 2015 WC, his not retiring and leading Pakistan to 6 consecutive test defeat recently and scoring only 71 runs and then promising to retire but changed his mind and came with family on the Caribbean vacation which was a golden chance to introduce some young player. Beating this weak and inexperienced West Indian team is not a big deal. Overall Misbah is way overrated as cricketer and as captain.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    We don't worship individuals, we give credit to cricketers only by balancing what they gave to Pakistan cricket and what they did not. Yes Misbah had his high points and he deserved all the credit for that and was given, but we also can't forget his selfishness and when he let Pakistan cricket down, particularly his 2011 WC final innings, his persistent in playing 2015 WC, his not retiring and leading Pakistan to 6 consecutive test defeat recently and scoring only 71 runs and then promising to retire but changed his mind and came with family on the Caribbean vacation which was a golden chance to introduce some young player. Beating this weak and inexperienced West Indian team is not a big deal. Overall Misbah is way overrated as cricketer and as captain.
    There is a time and place for everything.. It's a thank you thread for Misbah to celebrate his achievements.. Yet seeing people criticise him on the day of his retirement on a thank you thread shows you guys don't deserve honest triers like Misbah..

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistans best captain and best ambassador.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    For those who cannot get themselves to thank Misbah - leave this thread alone. See the title.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same,Misbah has been Test captain for almost all of my cricket watching time.

I didn't particularly like him early on,but he gained my respect,along with many others'.He led us out of a dark time to one where our style of cricket brought us the Mace albeit for a short period of time.Led us to series wins over Australia,England(x2),NZ in NZ,SL in SL and a 2-2 draw in England.Statistically the greatest test captain we have had and one of our better players of spin in recent times.

Farwell Kaptaan.