Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz has to be the worst commentator in the world.

Bazid is the best commentator from Pakistan.How depressing.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post

Bazid will be best if he does what he is supposed to do i.e. commentary. Has best knowledge of Pakistan domestic and players but he will tries to act as funny and does that cringe stuff and makes a fool of himself, think it is bcz of having Ramiz, Wilkins and Danny as your colleagues. He was brilliant during WI series when he was commentating with Fazeer and Sir Viv

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Bazid will be best if he does what he is supposed to do i.e. commentary. Has best knowledge of Pakistan domestic and players but he will tries to act as funny and does that cringe stuff and makes a fool of himself, think it is bcz of having Ramiz, Wilkins and Danny as your colleagues. He was brilliant during WI series when he was commentating with Fazeer and Sir Viv
    Agreed.Bazid tries too hard to be funny and ‘exciting’.He is probably the most knowledgable commentator from Pakistan.He tries to match his colleagues when in reality he should just be like himself.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I was speaking with someone who has been watching cricket for a very long time and he was talking about Ramiz's commentary. He stated that he felt that Ramiz has limited knowledge of cricket and the technical aspects of the game and he tries to cover that with the use of big words which are really not relevant.

Another point was that he is trying too hard to be the comedian while on air, which given his poor sense of humour makes for a dire experience for the viewer.

Sky have moved on from him, others could follow.
    He is bad on the mic, Yes, but some female commies that Sky have hired, make him sound like Benaud on mic. Totally biased, moronic commentary without any insight or knowledge. Need to get rid of them.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "What an over from Muzarabani..."

"...Oh sorry, there are two balls to go."

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why does Rameez want Hafeez in the team every match he talks about bringing in Hafeez in the middle order. But currently I don't see Hafeez fitting in the side.

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    He is bad on the mic, Yes, but some female commies that Sky have hired, make him sound like Benaud on mic. Totally biased, moronic commentary without any insight or knowledge. Need to get rid of them.
    And to add bhajji to that .. what a pain he's to ears ..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    And to add bhajji to that .. what a pain he's to ears ..
    Bhajji and Sehwag are like the commies we have for domestic matches. India have some very good commies though, Ganguly is pretty good, Bhogle is decent, Manjrekar is fine. Srinath used to be very good before he went for referreeing duties.
    Athar Ali Khan of Bangladesh makes me want to break the TV screen with so much bias and envy, don't know how he is able to commentate outside Bangladesh.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhajji and Sehwag are like the commies we have for domestic matches. India have some very good commies though, Ganguly is pretty good, Bhogle is decent, Manjrekar is fine. Srinath used to be very good before he went for referreeing duties.
    Athar Ali Khan of Bangladesh makes me want to break the TV screen with so much bias and envy, don't know how he is able to commentate outside Bangladesh.
    Harsha bhogle is India's best commentator by a country mile. The closet to him is Navjot Sidhu who sadly doesn't do commentary anymore.
    And about Athar Ali Khan, the less said about the better it's. Shameem Choudary is 100 times better than him and he's the one who should be represting Bangladesh as commentator internationally..

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Need to get rid of them and Ramiz.

They are painful to listen to and do not add any value to the experience of watching a cricket match.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Harsha bhogle is India's best commentator by a country mile. The closet to him is Navjot Sidhu who sadly doesn't do commentary anymore.
    And about Athar Ali Khan, the less said about the better it's. Shameem Choudary is 100 times better than him and he's the one who should be represting Bangladesh as commentator internationally..
    Harsha Bhogle is was and will always be a tendilkar ******: nothing wrong with that as long as you can manage a smidgen of impartiality. The somewhat refined article you see right now is just a poor mans thomas Friedman.
    He has no insight in to the game, he doesn’t understand the plays. All he has is English verbiage.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh please Bazid can even put those people to sleep with his boring monotone voice who are suffering from severe insomnia.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There is nobody from Pakistan who can challenge Ramiz's place. Its really a sad state of affairs. Unfortunately, fluency in spoken english will always be prefered over insights in a boring tone (Ramiz vs Bazid). Pakistan desperately needs a commentator who speaks sense and speaks it fluently.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Need to get rid of them and Ramiz.

They are painful to listen to and do not add any value to the experience of watching a cricket match.
    with the recent feminism uproar in the cricketing circle, i see it very hard for those nauseating female commies to not land a gig. If Sky get rid of them, there will be a big hoopla about inequality and stuff.
    Regarding Ramiz, I heard for every tour or tournament every country needs to send in 2 or 3 of their commentators, we don't really have any other commentator tbh. Waqar Younis is decent, Wasim does what he wants, he wont be there for every tour, Ramiz is the only guy who's guaranteed to be there in our commentary pipeline sadly.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another blunder by Ramiz.

He didn’t know that Asif Ali was already part of Islamabad United. He was saying that his stocks were rising and that franchises would be lining up to sign him in the next PSL.

The funny thing is that Ramiz was physically there at the ground when Asif Ali hit those 3 sixes in the PSL final to win them the title.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post

He didn’t know that Asif Ali was already part of Islamabad United. He was saying that his stocks were rising and that franchises would be lining up to sign him in the next PSL.

The funny thing is that Ramiz was physically there at the ground when Asif Ali hit those 3 sixes in the PSL final to win them the title.
    God forbid but having listened to his commentary for nearly 20 years, I genuinely worry for him. He needs to stop commentating now.

You can find clips of Pakistan playing in late 90s/early to mid 2000s on Youtube when he was relatively decent for an Asian commie for e.g. England v Pakistan 2001 Headingly game. 20 years down the line (current times), if you didn't see his face or recognise his voice you would never think this guy is the same commie.

He's the most unprofessional of all the commentators I can think of as well - shown by his lack of research into domestic players, Pakistan's cricket structure and etc.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 20th July 2018 at 19:33.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skys female commies are here to stay, they are trying to be politically correct such is the current climate we are living in. Bhaji seems like a funny character when he comes on indian tv but again on sky looks out of his depth, they won't use him again. Does anyone remember P J Mir, bring him backk

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    God forbid but having listened to his commentary for nearly 20 years, I genuinely worry for him. He needs to stop commentating now.

You can find clips of Pakistan playing in late 90s/early to mid 2000s on Youtube when he was relatively decent for an Asian commie for e.g. England v Pakistan 2001 Headingly game. 20 years down the line (current times), if you didn't see his face or recognise his voice you would never think this guy is the same commie.

He's the most unprofessional of all the commentators I can think of as well - shown by his lack of research into domestic players, Pakistan's cricket structure and etc.
    I came into this thread to post exactly what you said. I've seen replays of matches from when he first came into commentary and he was actually ok. He commentated on the sport happening in the ground and did not try and force jokes...plus he also seemed like someone who knew a little bit about Pakistan cricket.

Now he has completely gone off the rails and doesn't seem like he watches any cricket outside of his commentary...which is fair enough but at least do some research.

That one professional commentator from the PSL 3 and Basid Khan should be the ones who do international duty.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    I came into this thread to post exactly what you said. I've seen replays of matches from when he first came into commentary and he was actually ok. He commentated on the sport happening in the ground and did not try and force jokes...plus he also seemed like someone who knew a little bit about Pakistan cricket.

Now he has completely gone off the rails and doesn't seem like he watches any cricket outside of his commentary...which is fair enough but at least do some research.

That one professional commentator from the PSL 3 and Basid Khan should be the ones who do international duty.
    His forceful jokes always come out cringey. His inability to recall and retain information whether it be players names and etc gives me concerns.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didnít know that Asif Ali was already part of Islamabad United. He was saying that his stocks were rising and that franchises would be lining up to sign him in the next PSL.

When he said this my mind couldn't actually comprehend that he had made such a basic mistake.

The worst thing is he tried covering it up by saying "the other franchises will have to wait for a few years in the draft."

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Heís a class act.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rambo is the GOAT.Stop making fun of him

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post

Forget unprofessional or lack of research, this guy canít even remember things that happened in front of his own eyes.

How can you forget one of the biggest moments of the PSL, when your job is to literally watch cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Forget unprofessional or lack of research, this guy can’t even remember things that happened in front of his own eyes.

How can you forget one of the biggest moments of the PSL, when your job is to literally watch cricket.
    Too busy trying to be a comedian.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    It's just commentary lol, not that serious. Some folks needa relax.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you keep saying stuff like Babar Zaman and Fakhar Azam everytime then it is a serious issue, hope he isn't there for next WC but doubt it, he is a darling of Star Sports guys.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wasim Akram would be a better suit for WC '19 as Pakistan commentator.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Oh please Bazid can even put those people to sleep with his boring monotone voice who are suffering from severe insomnia.
    Aray bhai thats what I’m saying.It’s depressing that Bazid is the best commie from Pak.If only his voice was not as monotone....

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    with the recent feminism uproar in the cricketing circle, i see it very hard for those nauseating female commies to not land a gig. If Sky get rid of them, there will be a big hoopla about inequality and stuff.
    Regarding Ramiz, I heard for every tour or tournament every country needs to send in 2 or 3 of their commentators, we don't really have any other commentator tbh. Waqar Younis is decent, Wasim does what he wants, he wont be there for every tour, Ramiz is the only guy who's guaranteed to be there in our commentary pipeline sadly.
    Alison Mitchell and Ebony Rainford Brent are excellent commentators on the BBC - Isa Guha however has been picked up by Sky and isn't as good as the other two.

As for Ramiz - he has the cushiest job in being able to commentate on cricket around the world for big bucks whilst having little competition for your position.

His commentating quality is a reflection of his complacency.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Malik will be a good commentator when he retires and his English has really improved too

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Alison Mitchell and Ebony Rainford Brent are excellent commentators on the BBC - Isa Guha however has been picked up by Sky and isn't as good as the other two.

As for Ramiz - he has the cushiest job in being able to commentate on cricket around the world for big bucks whilst having little competition for your position.

Yup Guha is terrible. And there was another one who was also very awkward to listen to, however the two you mentioned are good.

Agreed about your comments on Ramiz's complacency.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the worst commentators in the cricket world. He makes Isa Guha sound like Tony Greig

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post

She's a very good analyst, but a below average commentator.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    I think Malik will be a good commentator when he retires and his English has really improved too
    I really hope so because we really need some one new in the commentary box now. Iím sick of listening to Ramiz and Wasim.

I think Shoaib Malik might actually be decent commentator if he one day does end up doing commentary.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I miss Waqar for his so-bad-its-hilarious commentary. His weird put-on accent is the icing on the cake.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    There is nobody from Pakistan who can challenge Ramiz's place. Its really a sad state of affairs. Unfortunately, fluency in spoken english will always be prefered over insights in a boring tone (Ramiz vs Bazid). Pakistan desperately needs a commentator who speaks sense and speaks it fluently.
    Aamir Sohail is your man ..

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Ramiz trying a change of tact today - trying to show that he's a tactician and offering coaching advice to Zimbabwe.

Poor guy still sounded clueless.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sikandar ***** commentated during WI v Pak T20I series this year and he was actually better than both Ramiz and Bazid.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 22nd July 2018 at 15:06.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any other commentator worse than Rambo,at the moment?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any other commentator worse than Rambo,at the moment?
    Every other Pakistani commentator? Let's be honest, Ramiz is bad, but he's the only one who actually speaks English out of our lot. Rest either stop 10 minutes to finish a sentence or making 20-30 grammatical mistakes in their stint

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Every other Pakistani commentator? Let's be honest, Ramiz is bad, but he's the only one who actually speaks English out of our lot. Rest either stop 10 minutes to finish a sentence or making 20-30 grammatical mistakes in their stint
    Bazid has equally good english,as does Sikandar Bakht Junior.

Bazid does not have a good voice but his analysis is far better than that of Ramiz.Also,Bazid doesn’t make many ‘Babar Zaman’ type mistakes.Ramiz has a bad memory and often makes mistakes with names as well as pointless jokes.He doesn’t know anything about domestic cricket,or opponent players,either.

Command of english is important but not the only factor in commentary.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bazid has equally good english,as does Sikandar Bakht Junior.

Bazid does not have a good voice but his analysis is far better than that of Ramiz.Also,Bazid doesn’t make many ‘Babar Zaman’ type mistakes.Ramiz has a bad memory and often makes mistakes with names as well as pointless jokes.He doesn’t know anything about domestic cricket,or opponent players,either.

Command of english is important but not the only factor in commentary.
    Yes, but then those two are the only ones on par with Ramiz on English, and they send you to sleep within 5 minutes. I don't rate Ramiz highly, but in LOI's, the only Pakistani commentator who you'd invite for anything would be Ramiz. It's why he gets to commentate on the IPL and no one else does.

Most commentary is vacuous nonsense with sponsors promoted, and Ramiz has the voice for it, and the English for it.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Yes, but then those two are the only ones on par with Ramiz on English, and they send you to sleep within 5 minutes. I don't rate Ramiz highly, but in LOI's, the only Pakistani commentator who you'd invite for anything would be Ramiz. It's why he gets to commentate on the IPL and no one else does.

Most commentary is vacuous nonsense with sponsors promoted, and Ramiz has the voice for it, and the English for it.
    To each his own,I guess.To me Bazid and even Sikandar are far better than Ramiz is right now.They don’t make fools of themselves in front of other commentators as well.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz is worst commentator at the moment, can't believe that people want to listen to his joke commentary lol.

That Hindi commentary for India vs Eng series is much much and much better than Ramiz, to me Kapil Dev has a better sense of humuor than Ramiz.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Asif Ali hits a six - Ramiz: "Could he be the ideal #3 for Pakistan"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I heard that. Couldnt believe how fickle he was acting.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar shut him up good today. By a country mile the worst commentator in the world.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Lol. I couldn't stop laughing when he said that. Go on @Abdullah719 hit a six and you can bat at 3 for us.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Today he did nothing but criticise Babar Azam - then he was silent when Babar started smashing it around.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another gem from the legend. "Hamilton Mazakadza is an ideal role model for power hitting"

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    comparing the zim batsmen to Ranatunga, just because hes carrying a few extra pounds, lets not even talk about his discussion on spin, and asking mushtaq ahmed "if one does not spin the ball, can they still spin it?"

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ramiz talking about Masvaure: He doesn't need any mashwara from me...

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Earlier in the match he also said that Fakhar zamaan likes to take his time early on and eases into his innings and hits out at the end. This when Fakhar was batting at an unusually slow rate by his standards.

Clueless commentary and analysis.
    Last edited by Madplayer; 22nd July 2018 at 19:46.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Keeping muscles are quite different from bowling muscles" when Sarf came to bowl

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waqar is actually quite entertaining.

He has that Aussie accent and itís genuinely LOL-worthy.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You lot are a little too critical of Rambo.

The guy is not as decent as he once was but heís not making your ears bleed.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    You lot are a little too critical of Rambo.

The guy is not as decent as he once was but heís not making your ears bleed.
    He most definitely is making ears bleed People dont tune into listen to constant drone of nonsense, mumbo jumbo and mish mash of words

Some behind the scenes knowledge insight and analysis should be a pre requisite

As the great richie benaud use to say put your brain into gear before you talk and dont talk for the sake of talking

Rambo does pretty much everything a good commentator does not

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    He most definitely is making ears bleed People dont tune into listen to constant drone of nonsense, mumbo jumbo and mish mash of words

As the great richie benaud use to say put your brain into gear before you talk and dont talk for the sake of talking

Its about time that some sports journalist from Pakistan with good english speaking skills is hired for the job of commentary. If no other capable ex-player is available then this should be done. Rameez has been simply awful off late and this series was just terrible for him.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

Richie was a master captain, a great ambassador, a leg-spin maestro, and above all, was crystal clear in his commentary.

Far too often commentators are forced to come up with clever metaphors and hyperboles to sound clever and are given a set script by the networks for which they must comply to.

Itís not like the old days where the only general rule was to not curse and or speak of inappropriate content.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Today he did nothing but criticise Babar Azam - then he was silent when Babar started smashing it around.
    Ramiz wouldnít shut his mouth about Umar Akmalís Ďspecial talentí when he batted like this, but with Babar heís completely different.

I can still hear Ramiz harping on about Umar Akmalís Ďspecial talentí and his Ďdashing strokesí because he kept on screaming about it after every half decent shot he played.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Its about time that some sports journalist from Pakistan with good english speaking skills is hired for the job of commentary. If no other capable ex-player is available then this should be done. Rameez has been simply awful off late and this series was just terrible for him.
    Not easy.

The likes of Ramiz are well-in with the broadcasters. They look after each other.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not easy.

The likes of Ramiz are well-in with the broadcasters. They look after each other.
    How about you take up commentary?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its not just the fact that he is fluent in English but more to do with his voice and style of delivery. He's actually pretty decent on the mike and can add a bit of excitement through his style of expression. Commentators like Bazid Khan and Muddassar Nazar come across as intelligent people but they really do fail when it comes to style and expression, very boring to listen to.

Others such as waqar and Wasim really have poor grammer and are very restricted when it comes to vocabulary. They sound ok and can keep up with the intensity of the game but their insight is pretty ordinary. I think Ramiz has this job on locks for at least another 15 years because I cannot even see anyone in the current bunch or recent people to have retired that might offer a better option. The only real option is Shoaib Akhtar if he actually decides to brush up his English and looks to add a neutral point of view instead of taking sly digs at ex teammates or the PCB. Shoaib is quite entertaining to listen to to be very honest

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    How about you take up commentary?
    I know I'd do a better job than Ramiz Raja

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Its not just the fact that he is fluent in English but more to do with his voice and style of delivery. He's actually pretty decent on the mike and can add a bit of excitement through his style of expression. Commentators like Bazid Khan and Muddassar Nazar come across as intelligent people but they really do fail when it comes to style and expression, very boring to listen to.

Others such as waqar and Wasim really have poor grammer and are very restricted when it comes to vocabulary. They sound ok and can keep up with the intensity of the game but their insight is pretty ordinary. I think Ramiz has this job on locks for at least another 15 years because I cannot even see anyone in the current bunch or recent people to have retired that might offer a better option. The only real option is Shoaib Akhtar if he actually decides to brush up his English and looks to add a neutral point of view instead of taking sly digs at ex teammates or the PCB. Shoaib is quite entertaining to listen to to be very honest
    Trust me, you donít want Shoaib Akhtar.

Watch his Simi Selects Most Desirable interview to understand how ridiculous his accent is.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trouble is that legends such as Wasim/Waqar don't think in the English language, and Rambo can. Unfortunately his thoughts are a leaky pail of julabain. Bazid is reasonably fluent in English but talks like a corpse with few thoughts worth sharing.

Pakistani cricketers, both former and current, are rarely educated and are not equipped to offer analysis in what is to them a foreign language.

They may have been quick to react on the field and were great at outfoxing opposition players, but verbal language is where they're not quick and can offer little insight.

Even Imran Khan as a commentator was awful. Probably because he didn't commentate enough, but he rarely offered any analysis and just read the pictures we were seeing.

The issue is that cricket media is a mafia of ex-players and too many of them are not what the games needs to make listening pleasurable.

On female commentators: Isa isn't great but she isn't terrible. I'd listen to her over any Pakistani commentator, Shastri [he'll be back], BANG/NZ commentators [except Ed Smith] etc.
    Last edited by Lefthanded; 23rd July 2018 at 11:09.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthanded View Post
    The trouble is that legends such as Wasim/Waqar don't think in the English language, and Rambo can. Unfortunately his thoughts are a leaky pail of julabain. Bazid is reasonably fluent in English but talks like a corpse with few thoughts worth sharing.

Pakistani cricketers, both former and current, are rarely educated and are not equipped to offer analysis in what is to them a foreign language.

They may have been quick to react on the field and were great at outfoxing opposition players, but verbal language is where they're not quick and can offer little insight.

Even Imran Khan as a commentator was awful. Probably because he didn't commentate enough, but he rarely offered any analysis and just read the pictures we were seeing.

The issue is that cricket media is a mafia of ex-players and too many of them are not what the games needs to make listening pleasurable.

On female commentators: Isa isn't great but she isn't terrible. I'd listen to her over any Pakistani commentator, Shastri [he'll be back], BANG/NZ commentators [except Ed Smith] etc.
    Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say and what @Rana put above. To the average fan, Ramiz will sound a lot better than the above, because of style and because he can communicated what (mostly nonsense) he wants to say.

He's such a weird person at times, despite my defence of him. Iirc, in the PSL games where Karachi Kings were knocked out, I was literally annoyed by his OMG BABAR IS CLASS, WHAT A CLASS SINGLE WHAT A CLASSY SHOT, when we needed over 15 an over and Babar couldn't buy a boundary.....

To be fair to Ramiz, I was literally fuming at Babar to until he got to 50, it was really an unnecessarily slow knock to that point.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His commentary has been okay so far, but in the between-innings interview with Mickey he somehow forgot to enquire about UKS. (Context: UKS, who was the best bowler by far today, went off the field middway through an over).

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rameej Raja Urdu/Hindi commentary appreciation thread

Rameez Raja is commentating today and I must say his commentary in Desi language is pretty good. Rameez is talking about the strengths and weakness of players, conditions, tactics etc I think people who generally hate his commentary have only heard his English stints and ignored his Hindi/Urdu stints on Star sports and IPL Sony channels.

For interested people, Hindi/Urdu commentary is available on Hotstar and on TV it is available on Star Sports 1 Hindi HD.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Reddy

Can you share a clip of it? I'm curious.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    @Reddy

Can you share a clip of it? I'm curious.
    I was watching on TV on Star Sports 1 Hindi HD. So, no clip. If you have hotstar then you can rewind and watch, language selection is available on hotstar.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    I was watching on TV on Star Sports 1 Hindi HD. So, no clip. If you have hotstar then you can rewind and watch, language selection is available on hotstar.
    Are you working on commission for Hotstar/Star Sports by any chance? You seem to be promoting them in a lot of your recent posts.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Lasith Malinga in 10 years' : Ramiz on Jadhav's bowling action.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    : Very young Babar, 21 or 22, loads of talent

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Today:

Rambo: Are you going to take your role more seriously?
    Kedar Jadhav: I am already taking my role seriously, that is why I am able to bowl consistently

Rambo put in his place.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Today:

Rambo: Are you going to take your role more seriously?
    Kedar Jadhav: I am already taking my role seriously, that is why I am able to bowl consistently

Rambo put in his place.
    Rambo to Jadhav: can that arm go any lower?
    Jadhav : i tried but No.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Rambo to Jadhav: can that arm go any lower?
    Jadhav : i tried but No.
    Yes what an interview it was.

Stuff of legends, with lots of research, thought and intelligence.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone remembers Imran Khans commentary? He was brilliant. So smooth and chill.

I honestly think Waqar/Wasim are better than Ramiz. Their english isn't as fluent but they offer so much more insight.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post

I honestly think Waqar/Wasim are better than Ramiz. Their english isn't as fluent but they offer so much more insight.
    Yeah, lock your wrist and reading stats off the screen is the stuff of commentary legends.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently today he said something about Bilal Asif, the debutant, being a youngster...He is 33 years old. That's clueless. He should have at least some basic knowledge.