Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I must have been listening to the wrong person all these years.
    Ramiz's competition is:

Waqar Younis
    Wasim Akram
    Bazid Khan

...you can only compare with what's available.

And he's simply the best among the competition.

Nobody wants borefests like Waqar Wasim who not only can't speak fluently or with any humor, but also do not provide any technical insights.

Only Bazid is getting somewhat better.

Ramiz is ATG in front of these.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Ramiz's competition is:

Waqar Younis
    Wasim Akram
    Bazid Khan

Nobody wants borefests like Waqar Wasim who not only can't speak fluently or with any humor, but also do not provide any technical insights.

Have to agree with that. As bad as Rameez is, he's better certainly than Wasim and Waqar. I don't think I've heard a grammatically correct or idiomatic sentence from Waqar.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Man View Post
    Have to agree with that. As bad as Rameez is, he's better certainly than Wasim and Waqar. I don't think I've heard a grammatically correct or idiomatic sentence from Waqar.

Very true. Grammatically correct would be a start, idiomatic is a long shot. Very unlikely.

How can anyone call these guys "commentators". These are the basic requirements.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Fakhar hit in the privates - Ramiz Raja "it looks like he has been hit on the glove."

Superb observation by Rambo.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I hope Mickey is aware of the challenges the team will face in South Africa..."

Ramiz has seemingly forgotten:

i) Mickey is South African
    ii) Mickey (successfully) coached South Africa for five years.

Ramiz truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    "I hope Mickey is aware of the challenges the team will face in South Africa..."

Ramiz has seemingly forgotten:

i) Mickey is South African
    ii) Mickey (successfully) coached South Africa for five years.

Ramiz truly is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Yes indeed. Superb analysis from the genius.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Cricket nerds, i.e. PPers do not like him because he is not well-versed with Pakistanís domestic cricket and makes frequent statistical errors.

However, the majority of the cricket viewers do not pick up these small details and do not care about domestic cricket. They do not get geeky while watching the game.

They prefer entertaining, exciting commentary with fluent delivery, and that is what Rameez provides, and that is why he is the most acclaimed Pakistani commentator and networks are willing to pay him to top money.

Before joining PP, I had no idea that so many people dislike his commentary. He is highly regarded and loved among the general public of Pakistan.
    Not anymore.

Ramiz has never been an insightful commentator but he was ok to listen to so I didnít really mind him.

But now itís almost as if his speech has deteriorated and he canít even formulate a sentence properly. He fumbles over every word and even messes up player names in the process. His comedy isnít funny and his fancy words donít even make sense.

There are a lot of commentators who are not necessarily insightful but they atleast talk clearly.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A top commentator who makes the game lively and exciting. Love his commentary. Some Pakistanis may hate him for his severe criticism of Pakistani batsmen. Some people canít handle the truth.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iRfaN_LA View Post
    so i guess 90% of the people in this thread who think he is terrible are not "general public".
    Yes they are not. These people (we) are cricket nerds - majority of the population thinks it is a waste of time to post on cricket forums over the Internet. They do not have enough passion for the game to devote so much time to discuss the sport with anonymous people over the Internet.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    Not anymore.

Ramiz has never been an insightful commentator but he was ok to listen to so I didn’t really mind him.

But now it’s almost as if his speech has deteriorated and he can’t even formulate a sentence properly. He fumbles over every word and even messes up player names in the process. His comedy isn’t funny and his fancy words don’t even make sense.

There are a lot of commentators who are not necessarily insightful but they atleast talk clearly.
    Well entertainment is subjective, but most of the casual viewers find him entertaining because he is easily excited and comes up with memorable phrases. Same reason why they enjoyed commentary of people like Ravi Shastri and Sidhu, who are not appreciated by ardent followers by the game either.

The commentators who are both insightful and entertaining are very rare, and they are the best in the business. Nasser Hussain for example.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really don't get the hate.

I come to this forum to see a thorough and scientific analysis of our cricket, not hear it while watching it. Ramiz delivers exciting commentary and has been the voice of Pakistan cricket for decades. Who else is there? It would be lovely if Bazid Khan had Ramiz's voice but it is not the case.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I like Ramiz Raja as a neutral fan. In my opinion, he has been a net positive for Pakistan cricket, from his commentary, to his roles at the PCB.

Anybody remember the time he shot down Russel Arnold when he was poking fun at some Pakistani girl praying in the stands?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Man View Post
    Add on his random changes of accents

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was asking Ajaz Patel would u like to speak in urdu, when Patel speaks better english than Him, & also speaks HINDI not urdu.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I personally would sack Ramiz for asking Patel whether he wants to speak in English or Hindi, like why make the guy feel as if he is different to his country men? As if he already isnt going through enough to make himself feel as Kiwi as the others. This is what I hate about our Desi's in general, they just dont get the dynamics involved in such things at times!

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I normally donít mind rameez but honestly cringed today when he asked Patel if he wants to speak in Hindi. Patel obviously chose English and proceeded in the thickest of Kiwi accents

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proving yet again he's an imbecile. Should be unemployable.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol came to post about his question to Ajaz earlier but forgot my password. 😂

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What an imbecile to ask a New Zealander whether he wants to talk in Urdu! How stupid can you get? Rameez has just proved to be a typical desi who looks at a player's colour or his name before assigning him an (incorrect)identity.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Shehr-e-Lahore o Munich
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid Z View Post
    I normally don’t mind rameez but honestly cringed today when he asked Patel if he wants to speak in Hindi. Patel obviously chose English and proceeded in the thickest of Kiwi accents
    Exactly. It was outrageously poor. I mean this guy is the Hafeez of commentary world - nobody dares question his place despite his consistent and cringe-worthy blunders. I am at a loss of words how come such an unprofessional guy has managed to hog commentary spots for years. What's even worse is that he always seems to get the nod for the presentation ceremonies. His questions are always vague and ambiguous. Has no idea what he really needs to be asking. Honestly, guys like Waqar and Aamir Sohail are trillion times better than him, at least they know what they are talking about and don't make a fool out of themselves as often as this guy does.

Bazid should be the one doing the post match presentations.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seen Sheen View Post
    Exactly. It was outrageously poor. I mean this guy is the Hafeez of commentary world - nobody dares question his place despite his consistent and cringe-worthy blunders. I am at a loss of words how come such an unprofessional guy has managed to hog commentary spots for years. What's even worse is that he always seems to get the nod for the presentation ceremonies. His questions are always vague and ambiguous. Has no idea what he really needs to be asking. Honestly, guys like Waqar and Aamir Sohail are trillion times better than him, at least they know what they are talking about and don't make a fool out of themselves as often as this guy does.

Bazid should be the one doing the post match presentations.
    Well bazid I agree with. Aamir made a fool of himself on sky too often. Waqars English is a little poor. But rameez just gets worse.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Proving yet again he's an imbecile. Should be unemployable.
    Ah but he speaks good English :p

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolutely, very cringe worthy

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I personally would sack Ramiz for asking Patel whether he wants to speak in English or Hindi, like why make the guy feel as if he is different to his country men? As if he already isnt going through enough to make himself feel as Kiwi as the others. This is what I hate about our Desi's in general, they just dont get the dynamics involved in such things at times!
    Hit the nail on the head.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For a cricket crazy nation Pakistan is very poorly represented in commentary and talk shows by its ex players and media personalities. Poor at speaking English, very bad with numbers/facts and utterly unprofessional. Itís very strange.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God that segment with Ajaz was bad for Ramiz. Times have changed and with it, we should get rid of Ramiz.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It was very poor.

Why would he ask an NZ player to speak in anything but English?

I'm his fan but that was inexcusable and very embarrassing.

He needs to be taught a lesson and need to sit out from at least a couple of series.

Simply unacceptable.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol ,seems like a hilarious blunder plus Urdu?
    Not only he assumed Urdu not Hindi a religious bias but from someone that migrated so long ago, really doesn't do his home work about his current status.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah but he speaks good English :p
    I honestly feel Bazid's the only Pakistani commentator worth listening to, and even he has his faults.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know why Ramiz is gettign a hard time, he isnt always politically correct but sometimes I think he plays on it, he plays on being a little bit silly and I like that.

I would rather listen to him rather than someone who drones on and on about stats and technical issues all the time, need to lighten it up sometimes.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's a reason why his services were no longer acquired from Sky Sports, Channel 9 and whatever the NZ cricket channel was during last away tours to England, Aus and NZ respectively.

Fair enough if you're a fan of his but lets not try to pretend he's an ATG commentator as some have cited on here. Is this the benchmark that we have set for new Pakistani commentators in the future?

Khuda ka khauf karo.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rambo: "Hafeez trying to exist"... He meant trying to survive a spell from Boult!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rameez after Bilal got his second wicket:"Bilal got his first wicket...." seriously???

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Cricket nerds, i.e. PPers do not like him because he is not well-versed with Pakistan’s domestic cricket and makes frequent statistical errors.

However, the majority of the cricket viewers do not pick up these small details and do not care about domestic cricket. They do not get geeky while watching the game.

They prefer entertaining, exciting commentary with fluent delivery, and that is what Rameez provides, and that is why he is the most acclaimed Pakistani commentator and networks are willing to pay him to top money.

Before joining PP, I had no idea that so many people dislike his commentary. He is highly regarded and loved among the general public of Pakistan.
    People dislike him because he is repetitive and only talks in cliches rather than for the reasons you mentioned. Waqar Younis frequently makes glaring grammatical mistakes while commentating but when he makes an insight particularly about fast-bowling, there is some meaning and original thought attached to it. I have nothing against Ramiz, he comes across as a genuinely nice guy but he's an awful commentator despite being one for decades now. There's a reason why Australians, English, New Zealanders have stopped inviting him.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Rameez after Bilal got his second wicket:"Bilal got his first wicket...." seriously???
    Remember this. His brain fades while in the comm. box are never ending.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Ramiz's competition is:

Waqar Younis
    Wasim Akram
    Bazid Khan

I prefer every one of the commentators you mentioned over Ramiz.

Personally I find his commentary stint every day of every match to be unbearably cringe-worthy. I almost prefer it on mute.

Listening to Waqar after him is a stark relief, or any of the others you mentioned.

Let me tell you, though, I've been listening to Ramiz since he started commentating. It gets worse over time.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I actually think he has become more comical with age. There are enough sane and serious commentators in the game of cricket. Please let Ramiz be Ramiz!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "I'd give that out too, but hawkeye is such a spoilsport" : Ramiz after replays showed the ball was going down the leg-side.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ramiz always goes overboard with his negative remarks in-regards to Pakistan when a non-Pakistani is co-commentating. He tries too hard to seem neutral but spouts absolute rubbish. Good thing my mute button works

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What other options we have Bazid or Waqar

Ramiz is our undisputed king.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rameez said that Shaheen turned 19 a few days ago, then later says that he was wrong, and he actually turns 19 in April. How did he get that wrong?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rameez is trying too hard to be cool.
    Bazid sounds like heís bitten his tongue.
    Waqar pronounces every word with a ďowĒ sound, e.g ďbrilliant yowker from ...Ē

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Bazid sounds like he’s bitten his tongue.
    Waqar pronounces every word with a “ow” sound, e.g “brilliant yowker from ...”
    Waqar always did that when he was sitting next to English and Australian commentators

It's like he's on the phone to someone important and the accent changes to sound more posh

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Goodness gracious seems to be the new go to phrase for Rameez. truly awful commentator. I mean in my list Bhogle has always ranked last, but Rameez is worse because he should know better, as an ex-cricketer.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh how cool is that

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Waqar has way better insight when they are analysing. Paired with a good english speaking commentator he plays the analyst role really well..even imparts some *** bits here and there..yes his english isnt that great but he is only a boy from Burewala so what do you expect?

Ramiz is mr cliche. His own youtube channel is wayyy better..I just feel he clams up in the commentary box..Nasser and co get the best out of him because they have nailed the balance between casual conversation and serious analysis..

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    For a cricket crazy nation Pakistan is very poorly represented in commentary and talk shows by its ex players and media personalities.
    Their experts/ex-players are all busy bashing the current players or each other on the gamut of sports programmes Pakistan have on TV every night.

Ramiz Raja has stayed clear of all this and has been a net positive for the image of Pakistan cricket around the world for us neutrals.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Their experts/ex-players are all busy bashing the current players or each other on the gamut of sports programmes Pakistan have on TV every night.

Ramiz Raja has stayed clear of all this and has been a net positive for the image of Pakistan cricket around the world for us neutrals.
    Not to be taken offense to but IQ level of most Pakistani cricketers post the generation of Wasim Akram seems very low. The talent has dropped dramatically but also worrying to see severe lack of personality and social skills in modern day Pakistani cricketers.

Bangladesh cricket has more personality and charisma than Pakistan cricket and i never imagined that day would come.
    @MMHS @Bilal7

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Not to be taken offense to but IQ level of most Pakistani cricketers post the generation of Wasim Akram seems very low. The talent has dropped dramatically but also worrying to see severe lack of personality and social skills in modern day Pakistani cricketers.

Bangladesh cricket has more personality and charisma than Pakistan cricket and i never imagined that day would come.
    @MMHS @Bilal7
    These jobs comes from your passion, don't think your playing career has anything to do with it. Arlott or Cardas hardly played cricket, neither Pelham Warner or PAK's own Omar Quarishi. You need to follow the game, know players and link dots while commenting with facts and past examples, so that viewers can make a story out of the situation - otherwise anyone good in English can describe what is happening in middle like a robot.

I don't think these days people are interested to listen "beaten by out swinger", "cut to deep point for 1", because they can see it. When I used to hear ABC cricket commentary, it was like visualizing a thriller over radio when Benaud, Lawry, Tony or IC used to elaborate a "situation" - it stressed the imagination of audience. The best thing they could do is, describe a situation and forecast something that happen or a tactical analysis of any event, from which you can draw a conclusion. If you ever had listened a pitch report by Benaud, Jeremy Coney or Tony, you probably can see the difference on usual rant these days (in fact not rant - now they finishes in in 2 lines). Gavaskar was Star Sport's anchor for 1992 WC, and I can proudly say - I learned, lot, lot about the game from that one month - how the skills of the game can be described through a tactical landscape.

Rameez's (or any PAK commi) problem is they sound absolute clueless when taking about anything else than what we are watching in tv. I know, he gets over excited and his English doesn't help him much, but the amount of knowledge Ather Ali possess about BD cricket and cricketers, one has to be surprised; while Shamim Choudhury (probably lives in between Dhaka - Toronto now), spends lots of time reading cricket books - these things help as commentator than what you did as cricketer or achieved as a team member.

Rameez is actually better, probably best among recent PAK commis, because at least he can speak fluent English, and can manage his stumbles . WY is perfectly matching his Captaincy & Coaching days with mouthpiece at hand.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The best modern-day commentators are the likes of Nasser Hussain and Michael Atherton - simply because they don't try to overdo the humour, because they know their stuff when it comes to technical aspects of the game and more importantly they don't talk just for the sake of it and only speak when they have something of value to say.

Unfortunately the likes of Rameez and plenty of other commentators are earning good money despite being very mediocre commentators.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    These jobs comes from your passion, don't think your playing career has anything to do with it. Arlott or Cardas hardly played cricket, neither Pelham Warner or PAK's own Omar Quarishi. You need to follow the game, know players and link dots while commenting with facts and past examples, so that viewers can make a story out of the situation - otherwise anyone good in English can describe what is happening in middle like a robot.

I don't think these days people are interested to listen "beaten by out swinger", "cut to deep point for 1", because they can see it. When I used to hear ABC cricket commentary, it was like visualizing a thriller over radio when Benaud, Lawry, Tony or IC used to elaborate a "situation" - it stressed the imagination of audience. The best thing they could do is, describe a situation and forecast something that happen or a tactical analysis of any event, from which you can draw a conclusion. If you ever had listened a pitch report by Benaud, Jeremy Coney or Tony, you probably can see the difference on usual rant these days (in fact not rant - now they finishes in in 2 lines). Gavaskar was Star Sport's anchor for 1992 WC, and I can proudly say - I learned, lot, lot about the game from that one month - how the skills of the game can be described through a tactical landscape.

Rameez's (or any PAK commi) problem is they sound absolute clueless when taking about anything else than what we are watching in tv. I know, he gets over excited and his English doesn't help him much, but the amount of knowledge Ather Ali possess about BD cricket and cricketers, one has to be surprised; while Shamim Choudhury (probably lives in between Dhaka - Toronto now), spends lots of time reading cricket books - these things help as commentator than what you did as cricketer or achieved as a team member.

Rameez is actually better, probably best among recent PAK commis, because at least he can speak fluent English, and can manage his stumbles . WY is perfectly matching his Captaincy & Coaching days with mouthpiece at hand.
    I am fearing India might be going the Pakistan route. The intellect level of this generation of Indian cricketers is the lowest. Starting from captain Kohli himself, the team is mostly paendoo. I doubt apart from probably Ashwin anyone's ever read a book in their life out of school. They try to hide their illiteracy through expensive accessories and fancy cars but that's that.

Its got much to do with cricket rightfully spreading its roots to smaller Indian cities/lower middle class families.

Till 2000s Indian fast bowlers apologized to batsmen if they hit them. This is how gentle Indian cricket was. Nowdays these villagers smile and walk away shamelessly.

In about 10 years time Indian cricket could also go 100@ paendoo

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I am fearing India might be going the Pakistan route. The intellect level of this generation of Indian cricketers is the lowest. Starting from captain Kohli himself, the team is mostly paendoo. I doubt apart from probably Ashwin anyone's ever read a book in their life out of school. They try to hide their illiteracy through expensive accessories and fancy cars but that's that.

Its got much to do with cricket rightfully spreading its roots to smaller Indian cities/lower middle class families.

Till 2000s Indian fast bowlers apologized to batsmen if they hit them. This is how gentle Indian cricket was. Nowdays these villagers smile and walk away shamelessly.

In about 10 years time Indian cricket could also go 100@ paendoo
    Cricket is an intellectual's game - not that you need an MBA or Masters, but reading habit is extremely important to master the tricks & tactics of this game. Overall education level of IND-PAK cricketers are falling down alarmingly. Probably, there is lot more money these days hence players leave studies may be at high school level. A generation or two back, look at the number of highly qualified IND-PAK cricketers

IND: Pataudi, Wadekar, Vishi, Gavaskar, Srinath, Kumble, Kirmani, Jaishima, Venkat, Prassanna, Chandra, Srikkanth .... and I am not even considering Shastri, Manjrekar, Amarnath, Binney, Madan, Azhar and many more who completed at least undergrad (BA/BCom/BSc).

PAK: Kardar, Imran, Intekhab, Mazid, Asif, Raza (both brothers), Saeed, Asif Muztaba, Latif, Sikandar Bakhth, Asif Masood, Haroon Rashid .... and similarly many, many undergrads.

One of our advantage is, still there is an University level National tournament happening where even National cricketers can play & keep studying, and the National Sports Academy (Part of it's is NCA) is a sort of Cadet College, where trainees can complete up to graduation and probably Masters in few subjects via co-learning programs with attached Universities.

Being rude, aggressive or arrogant in field probably is a personality trait and depends lot on your upbringing - how you are taught by your parents & elder siblings through your younger ages. MSD is a billionaire mega star and I doubt he has gone beyond high school level, but one of the most polished cricketers around, so was Tendulkar (with lesser academic education). While, even with or without any education Mazid Khan will always be Mazid Khan in every era.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Like commentating in football, commies in the past werent necesarily players A lot of them came from outside playing cricket because the two are different and distinct careers and dont correlate

Hence In the past you had commies who took the art seriously They had to have a personailty and a voice for tv and radio They werd educated, studied journalism and reporting, they undertook reading literature and history They carried out an apprentice from the best and presented on radio etc where you have to convey the art of story telling

They didnt just have good english or move from playing to the box which the likes of ramiz have done

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Ramiz better than evenBazid? Bazid may be boring as hell but at least he offers some good insights. Ramiz lacks technical knowledge and makes a fool out of himself.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Bazid sounds like he’s bitten his tongue.
    Waqar pronounces every word with a “ow” sound, e.g “brilliant yowker from ...”
    His family lives in Australia.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ramiz was a big upgrade for us. If you guys remember we used to have Sikandar Bakht...

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's improved a bit in recent times but does not know when to be quiet. Sometimes you just let the play do the talking. Don't need the fake and forced hype commentary behind it.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waqar gets a lot of unnecessary stick. Sure his English isn't perfect, but at least he has something to say (even if you disagree).

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well to be very honest, Ramiz is the best commentator we have.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    Well to be very honest, Ramiz is the best commentator we have.
    How is he the best? I donít think he has any redeeming features as a commie tbh

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    How is he the best? I don’t think he has any redeeming features as a commie tbh
    That might be true, but try naming someone who is better.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was eager to see much hyped Ramiz's presentation and I think he was brilliant.

ATG commentator IMO.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ball hit sarfaraz's shoulder while sweeping. NZ appealed for LBW.

Rameez : "the leg needs to be before wicket to be given out, not the body"

Waqar : "you can still be given out if the body is in front of wickets"

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Ball hit sarfaraz's shoulder while sweeping. NZ appealed for LBW.

Rameez : "the leg needs to be before wicket to be given out, not the body"

Waqar : "you can still be given out if the body is in front of wickets"
    Is this serious? Ramiz has been involved in cricket for 40 yrz including 15 years of playing at the highest level and thinks this??

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    40 mins of play SA commentators just talking about SA nothing on opposition, in comes rambo ul think he will talk strategy etc about HIS team... But NO starts talking about Bavumas technique etc just to please his paymasters... waste of resource.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The South African comms are asking Ramiz questions about Pakistani players and Pakistan cricket. The answers are making me cringe.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What other options we have? Bazid, A. Sohail, Waqar ?

He can at least make the game exciting with his commentary.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    What other options we have? Bazid, A. Sohail, Waqar ?

He can at least make the game exciting with his commentary.
    Exciting for whom? He sounds like an idiot to me.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The South African comms are asking Ramiz questions about Pakistani players and Pakistan cricket. The answers are making me cringe.
    Yesterday they asked him about Amir and what work was done on him in domestic cricket recently. Rambo was clueless and said that they worked on his fitness

Also, one time he said something like, "you gotta remain lucky on tough pitches" and this was him speaking quite seriously.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is just a commentator who has no knowledge of whats happening in pakistan domestic cricket and often times mis pronounce the names of pakistan players.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz strikes again

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " South Africa is all over Pakistan like a rash"
    Hahaha

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    At post match analysis yesterday about Babar innings
    Ramiz “ yeah I mean he is in good touch he got his first 100 against Australia and a 90 odd “

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He just mentions what is obvious nothing really interesting or any kind of analysis

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was easier to listen to him 18 years ago

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Yesterday they asked him about Amir and what work was done on him in domestic cricket recently. Rambo was clueless and said that they worked on his fitness

Also, one time he said something like, "you gotta remain lucky on tough pitches" and this was him speaking quite seriously.
    No research. No thought. No insight.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No research. No thought. No insight.
    Can you recommend any commentators to the PCB? I don’t mind him but we need at least 1 knowledgeable Pakistan commentator.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Can you recommend any commentators to the PCB? I don’t mind him but we need at least 1 knowledgeable Pakistan commentator.
    There are none to recommend.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a word about Elgar's decision from Rameez. Very disappointing.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_jawad View Post
    " South Africa is all over Pakistan like a rash"
    Hahaha
    'All over like a rash' is Rameez's answer to Shastri's Tracer Bullet (TM)