Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    In 1st over, Sharjeel faced only 1 ball and scored 1 run.

In 2nd over, Sharjeel faced 3 balls, did not score on the first 2 balls, and get out on 3rd ball of the over.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...iew=commentary
    No way in hell he was trying to defend the second ball. I saw it live. Either Sharjeel has complete command of where to hit so that it goes straight to fielder, or he was not purposefully trying to tuk the ball as corrupt Sethi claims.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    No way in hell he was trying to defend the second ball. I saw it live. Either Sharjeel has complete command of where to hit so that it goes straight to fielder, or he was not purposefully trying to tuk the ball as corrupt Sethi claims.
    You are talking about the 2nd ball he face in the match (which means 1st ball of the 2nd over) or the 2nd ball he face of the 2nd over? Wish somebody can upload video of those balls? @Big Mac may be

Agree that Sethi is one of the worst individual Pakistan has ever produced

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are talking about the 2nd ball he face in the match (which means 1st ball of the 2nd over) or the 2nd ball he face of the 2nd over? Wish somebody can upload video of those balls? @Big Mac may be

Agree that Sethi is one of the worst individual Pakistan has ever produced
    I'm talking about the 2nd ball of Hasan Ali's over. From the media reports the deal was to block the first two balls of Hasan Ali that Sharjeel faces in the match. The second ball he faced from HA he played a square drive/cut which went to the fielder but a few feet either side of the fielder and it would have been a certain boundary or a couple runs at the very least.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm talking about the 2nd ball of Hasan Ali's over. From the media reports the deal was to block the first two balls of Hasan Ali that Sharjeel faces in the match. The second ball he faced from HA he played a square drive/cut which went to the fielder but a few feet either side of the fielder and it would have been a certain boundary or a couple runs at the very least.
    Yes that completely rules out the two dot ball scenario.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1413131...sses-sharjeel/

Suspended left-handed batsman Sharjeel Khan’s lawyer Shaigan Ijaz on Thursday said that Islamabad United coach Dean Jones and former Pakistan Test cricketers Mohammad Yousuf and Sadiq Mohammad will be presented as expert witnesses on May 24 in front of the tribunal investigating the Pakistan Super League (PSL) spot-fixing scandal.

Shaigan, then commenting on the hearing, said “PCB made up a story and is trying to back it up with witnesses. Board is being lenient with some players, while it is acting strictly against others.

Meanwhile, PCB’s legal advisor Taffazul Rizvi replied: “Sharjeel’s lawyer has the right to disagree with the witnesses. Everyone will know the truth once the decision comes out.”

Sir Ronnie Flanagan, ICC’s anti-corruption chief, was presented as a witness by the PCB in Thursday’s proceedings and he clarified that the world body has nothing to do with the case.

“This is PCB’s case to deal with,” said Flanagan. “The case is being heard professionally and it shows that PCB wants to eliminate corruption from the game of cricket.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Following the assertion of former Australian Test cricketer Dean Jones, former Pakistan Test opener Sadiq Mohammad has also claimed there was nothing wrong with the dot balls played by Sharjeel Khan during the opening match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).

Sharjeel is under a spot-fixing investigation revolving around the two dot balls he played during the curtain-raiser of the second edition of the country’s glitzy T20 league between Islamabad United and Peshawar Zalmi in Dubai in February.

Appearing as a second witness — after Jones — in front of a three-member tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Sadiq said that the Pakistan opener played the balls purely on merit. A third expert, former Pakistan batsman Mohammad Yousuf will also record his statement as Sharjeel’s witness.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1335442/sa...sharjeels-case

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Following the assertion of former Australian Test cricketer Dean Jones, former Pakistan Test opener Sadiq Mohammad has also claimed there was nothing wrong with the dot balls played by Sharjeel Khan during the opening match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).

Sharjeel is under a spot-fixing investigation revolving around the two dot balls he played during the curtain-raiser of the second edition of the country’s glitzy T20 league between Islamabad United and Peshawar Zalmi in Dubai in February.

Appearing as a second witness — after Jones — in front of a three-member tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Sadiq said that the Pakistan opener played the balls purely on merit. A third expert, former Pakistan batsman Mohammad Yousuf will also record his statement as Sharjeel’s witness.

Published in Dawn, May 26th, 2017

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post

Published in Dawn, May 26th, 2017

mohammed yousuf?
    i can understand dean jones but why yusuf?
    do they just randomly select anyone?

To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing reports that Yousuf has also gave evidence supporting Sharjeel Khan. Hoping he is found not guilty of the fixing crime

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Declare him innocent and announce Azhar Ali or Ahmed Shehzad as injured ASAP

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Declare him innocent and announce Azhar Ali or Ahmed Shehzad as injured ASAP
    Yaar Ahmed Shehzad ko to dekh kar gussa aata hai. Epic tuk tuk

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Yaar Ahmed Shehzad ko to dekh kar gussa aata hai. Epic tuk tuk
    Atleast Shehzad has the ability to clear the fence when needed. He also batted at an excellent SR in the first warmup. Azhar Ali is the definition of tuk tuk and what's worse he cannot even attack when needed.

Ideally both shouldn't even make domestic ODI teams but here we have them opening for the national team thanks to Inzi and Mickey.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What has Yousuf got to do with this?

Was he involved with the PSL?

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know when a final decision is expected? It's too late for him to play CT no doubt about that even if he is cleared by tomorrow, out of practice, everything that's happened etc he can't just come back like nothing's happen but I'm hoping for our next series after CT (SL, I think as we cancelled Bangladesh tour) that Sharjeel could be available

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Yousuf on Sharjeel Khan:

"Sharjeel played the ball on merit and if it had gone into a gap, there would have been a run; infact, he even tried to take a run"

"What if the ball had taken edge of the bat? How many times do we see fours off the edge - then what would have happened?"

"Sharjeel did not intentionally play a dot ball"

"He played his natural game and there should be no suspicions about this"

"I have seen the recordings of those two balls and there is nothing sinister about it"

"To entrap an innocent person like this is not right"

"I will appear again if I have to especially about these two balls as I dont really know about other matters"

"I have seen the recordings of those 2 balls and as a cricketer and a batsman, I am convinced that he played them on merit"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleast Shehzad has the ability to clear the fence when needed. He also batted at an excellent SR in the first warmup. Azhar Ali is the definition of tuk tuk and what's worse he cannot even attack when needed.

Ideally both shouldn't even make domestic ODI teams but here we have them opening for the national team thanks to Inzi and Mickey.
    selections of AA and AS were bad but tbf to Mickey+Inzi there isn't really anyone else is there? Maybe Sami Aslam could have played instead of one of them but by the time he scored the runs in the Pakistan Cup the squad was already named

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    According to details, Sharjeel Khan has admitted to committing 4 out of 6 crimes he was accused of. He admitted being contacted by a bookie, finalizing deal with bookie and negligence to reporting the matter to relevant authorities. He, however, has denied charge of acting on the deal made between him and bookie.

I am not sure, what people are trying to prove here. I am not a lawyer, therefore can't explain properly, but my interpretation of the situation is

1. He admitted being contacted by a bookie - nothing wrong in that, anyone can meet in his personal time, even if the guy is a bookie. I have friends/relatives convicted or under prosecution coming to my home - police won't arrest me for that.
    2. Finalizing deal with bookie - this one is a mild crime. This means, the intention was there.
    3. Negligence to reporting the matter to relevant authorities - this one is a medium crime. His intention was there & he decided to stick on that by not reporting. Even after agreeing a deal (with monetary transaction), one can change mind & report to authority - that could have been covered by a reprimandation + monetary fines.
    4. It's not written here, but I presume (& read in other threads), that he had taken money to act according to the plot - almost certainly deserves highest punishment.

Now, his lawyers & X PAK cricketers are fighting on the thin line of - "didn't act according to the plot". Which, to me has very little weight. Because -

1. I am not sure what was the actual deal - spot fixing is not about direct W/L, rather it's on particular event, even as silly as bowling a No ball. Therefore, "weather he acted upon the deal" can be brought into consideration, only if he can prove what exactly was "initial term of the deal". But, that actually proves point No. 1 to 4, which are enough for 5 years, I believe.

2. Weather he acted upon the deal or not (in case, SK provides evidence of initial "terms of the deal"), doesn't bring any favor for his cause. Because, "acting upon" is not entirely on him - whatever the deal was, might not be "acted upon" despite his full commitment. Like, one can over step by a foot, but it'll not serve the "deal", if umpire overlooks that.

For the sake of saying, if I take that, he changed his mind & decided to play "honest" - this has no legal merit, because every convict will pretend to do so in trial. He had enough time to inform even his Captain regarding this, just before going to bat.

It's like - I accepted money to kill someone, then I went to the spot as per plan, shoot at the person as well. For his good fortune, just before pulling trigger, he guy bent down (or my arm holding Pistol had shaken a bit) & survived with a mild concussion. Now, once police has caught me red-handed with ballistic reports, finger prints & the money at my wallet - my Lawyer is arguing that, I changed my mind at last moment & did deliberately shoot to miss.

Don't see SK surviving here - if not PCB, ICC'll intervene here (though pointless to punish someone for fixing a Franchise T20)

Among all other statements by MoYo, this one is a gem -

"To entrap an innocent person like this is not right" - it reminds me of his Captaincy days - CLUE LESS.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    According to details, Sharjeel Khan has admitted to committing 4 out of 6 crimes he was accused of. He admitted being contacted by a bookie, finalizing deal with bookie and negligence to reporting the matter to relevant authorities. He, however, has denied charge of acting on the deal made between him and bookie.

I am not sure, what people are trying to prove here. I am not a lawyer, therefore can't explain properly, but my interpretation of the situation is

1. He admitted being contacted by a bookie - nothing wrong in that, anyone can meet in his personal time, even if the guy is a bookie. I have friends/relatives convicted or under prosecution coming to my home - police won't arrest me for that.
    2. Finalizing deal with bookie - this one is a mild crime. This means, the intention was there.
    3. Negligence to reporting the matter to relevant authorities - this one is a medium crime. His intention was there & he decided to stick on that by not reporting. Even after agreeing a deal (with monetary transaction), one can change mind & report to authority - that could have been covered by a reprimandation + monetary fines.
    4. It's not written here, but I presume (& read in other threads), that he had taken money to act according to the plot - almost certainly deserves highest punishment.

Now, his lawyers & X PAK cricketers are fighting on the thin line of - "didn't act according to the plot". Which, to me has very little weight. Because -

1. I am not sure what was the actual deal - spot fixing is not about direct W/L, rather it's on particular event, even as silly as bowling a No ball. Therefore, "weather he acted upon the deal" can be brought into consideration, only if he can prove what exactly was "initial term of the deal". But, that actually proves point No. 1 to 4, which are enough for 5 years, I believe.

2. Weather he acted upon the deal or not (in case, SK provides evidence of initial "terms of the deal"), doesn't bring any favor for his cause. Because, "acting upon" is not entirely on him - whatever the deal was, might not be "acted upon" despite his full commitment. Like, one can over step by a foot, but it'll not serve the "deal", if umpire overlooks that.

For the sake of saying, if I take that, he changed his mind & decided to play "honest" - this has no legal merit, because every convict will pretend to do so in trial. He had enough time to inform even his Captain regarding this, just before going to bat.

It's like - I accepted money to kill someone, then I went to the spot as per plan, shoot at the person as well. For his good fortune, just before pulling trigger, he guy bent down (or my arm holding Pistol had shaken a bit) & survived with a mild concussion. Now, once police has caught me red-handed with ballistic reports, finger prints & the money at my wallet - my Lawyer is arguing that, I changed my mind at last moment & did deliberately shoot to miss.

Don't see SK surviving here - if not PCB, ICC'll intervene here (though pointless to punish someone for fixing a Franchise T20)

"To entrap an innocent person like this is not right" - it reminds me of his Captaincy days - CLUE LESS.

This is fake news.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post

This is fake news.
    I copied it to the word from Post # 16 & posted my interpretation of that. If the news is fake, then SK's lawyer indeed has better grounds - if not in spot fixing trial, at least for suing the news source.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @MMHS I can't remember if Gibbs received the 15K which was promised if he scored less than 20 runs but upon agreeing to go through with the deal which was made he scored 74 runs in the game and was subsequently banned for 6 months as punishment. Is there evidence that Sharjeel received the agreed amount before hand? anyhow the admittance of 4 charges out of 6 was fake news in the media

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 Dean Jones and Mohammad Yousuf agree with you about those 2 balls.

Wish I can see the video of those 2 balls.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually sharjeel from the start has defended his case ... from the start he has not been like khalid bycoting etc
    The way dean jones and yousaf gave their testimony ... his lawyer did cross examnine the eveidence it seams he may escape by getting around 1 year maximum punishment

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good new. PCB should clear Sharjeel and send him for Champions Trophy.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today saw PCB legal advisor giving briefing ! It looked PCB wnt come hard on sharjeel !!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmadsl View Post
    Today saw PCB legal advisor giving briefing ! It looked PCB wnt come hard on sharjeel !!
    where did u see him ?

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When is the verdict expected to be announced?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @MMHS I can't remember if Gibbs received the 15K which was promised if he scored less than 20 runs but upon agreeing to go through with the deal which was made he scored 74 runs in the game and was subsequently banned for 6 months as punishment. Is there evidence that Sharjeel received the agreed amount before hand? anyhow the admittance of 4 charges out of 6 was fake news in the media
    My point is - why people are arguing, if he had "acted upon" on condition or not? This is making his case weak - if he didn't do anything serious (that's cracking deal, accepting money, acting as per deal), then he should fight for only 2 charges -

1. meeting with fishy people
    2. not reporting on time.

Even proved guilty, at most it'll cost him, few months/matches (which already has passed - PCB will have to submit that, they didn't pick him for WI/CT because he was under trial) & few thousand bucks (which also might be paid by his sponsors or even PCB might waive/grant some %).

Here, I see the trial going on - "if he had acted upon as per the deal or not" - which actually brings point 1-4 in question - if proven guilty, minimum is 5 years, could be life ban as well.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    My point is - why people are arguing, if he had "acted upon" on condition or not? This is making his case weak - if he didn't do anything serious (that's cracking deal, accepting money, acting as per deal), then he should fight for only 2 charges -

1. meeting with fishy people
    2. not reporting on time.

Even proved guilty, at most it'll cost him, few months/matches (which already has passed - PCB will have to submit that, they didn't pick him for WI/CT because he was under trial) & few thousand bucks (which also might be paid by his sponsors or even PCB might waive/grant some %).

Here, I see the trial going on - "if he had acted upon as per the deal or not" - which actually brings point 1-4 in question - if proven guilty, minimum is 5 years, could be life ban as well.
    If there is evidence of him having taken money then how'd you judge their defence involving the fact that he did not act upon what was intended? because what else can they do besides admitting guilt ? You either lobby for a lenient jail sentence by accepting all charges or you try to spin the narrative

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 Dean Jones and Mohammad Yousuf agree with you about those 2 balls.

Wish I can see the video of those 2 balls.
    Another interesting point that Yousuf made was that the second ball was quite a bit outside of the off-stump, if Sharjeel wanted to produce a dot ball he could have easily left it and nobody would have thought it to be suspicious since it was just the second over.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if a player decide to fix a ball of a certain over. Let's say he agrees to play a dot ball. Fortunately for him bowler bowls a very good ball and batsman plays it defensively. While investigation they look at this delivery and alas batsman played it on merit. Like seriously. Logic be damned?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is evidence that the deal between Sharjeel and bookie was finalised and result in match was according to it then it doesn't really matter if he played on merit or not.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sixth sense tells me that Sharjeel will be cleared, selective clearance, as he is the only so called hitter in our team, so we need him, lol. God knows their intentions, but if he was caught, then there must have been something, he shouldn't be cleared without any punishment, no matter how good hitter of the ball he is.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What evidence do they actually have that Sharjeel did do the fixing?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
    My sixth sense tells me that Sharjeel will be cleared, selective clearance, as he is the only so called hitter in our team, so we need him, lol. God knows their intentions, but if he was caught, then there must have been something, he shouldn't be cleared without any punishment, no matter how good hitter of the ball he is.
    A lot of innocent people also get caught, doesn't mean they are all guilty. Remember everyone is innocent till proven guilty. This trial is infront of PCB nominated folks and the PCB chairman Najam Sethi himself said we have alot of evidence. If that evidence is not sufficient to convince PCB nominated tribunal then you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be sufficient in a court of law, where chances are Sharjeel will appeal in if the decision comes against him.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of innocent people also get caught, doesn't mean they are all guilty. Remember everyone is innocent till proven guilty. This trial is infront of PCB nominated folks and the PCB chairman Najam Sethi himself said we have alot of evidence. If that evidence is not sufficient to convince PCB nominated tribunal then you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be sufficient in a court of law, where chances are Sharjeel will appeal in if the decision comes against him.
    Ok, fine, but when Najam Sethi said that they have evidence, then it would be a shame for PCB if Sharjeel gets cleared despite the evidence with Sethi.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
    Ok, fine, but when Najam Sethi said that they have evidence, then it would be a shame for PCB if Sharjeel gets cleared despite the evidence with Sethi.
    I say I have evidence you have committed robbery. Now you should be put behind bars. Doesn't matter what evidence I have or whether it is admissible or not. I said I have evidence, that's it. End of story.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Den of RCB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Sharjeel gets cleared, then a massive joke will be on PCB

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanzcool View Post
    If Sharjeel gets cleared, then a massive joke will be on PCB
    inquiry should be made on Pcb
    about their so called 'evidence'.
    but then we had enough of enquiry even if someone sack em they will be recycled by some other sethi and butt like figures.
    Last edited by The cricket enthusiast; 29th May 2017 at 18:11.

To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like I have asked previously, what is PCB's source for the information that Sharjeel had agreed to play two dot balls?

If it is whatsapp messages, Sharjeel is dead and buried, no matter how the so-called cricket experts try to spin the story.

If it is Col Azam hiding under the restaurant table while the deal was finalized between Sharjeel and the bookie, then PCB do not have a case at all and Sharjeel will get off with a 6 month ban for not reporting.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Am telling you, all this drama is just to show the PCB tried to prosecute the players in question but had no evidence. I doubt whether the PCB had any real intentions of prosecuting Sharjeel in the first place.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtaz View Post
    Like I have asked previously, what is PCB's source for the information that Sharjeel had agreed to play two dot balls?

If it is whatsapp messages, Sharjeel is dead and buried, no matter how the so-called cricket experts try to spin the story.

If it is Col Azam hiding under the restaurant table while the deal was finalized between Sharjeel and the bookie, then PCB do not have a case at all and Sharjeel will get off with a 6 month ban for not reporting.

Of that, 4 months already gone. But, I don't think it's so easy & straight forward - in that case, his lawyer would have argued on "not reporting" issue. Why are they fighting on if it was "deliberate" or "planned" dots?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being honest matters alot.

But if its true then I'll be worried about his life, don't want him dying in plane crash or some random hotel-room.

Second, no judgement can be assumed on the fact that every criminal will say that, its about finding evidences to prove him wrong.

Third, there's a middle way, PCB punishing him less.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtaz View Post

Whatsapp messages can be faked you know?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Am telling you, all this drama is just to show the PCB tried to prosecute the players in question but had no evidence. I doubt whether the PCB had any real intentions of prosecuting Sharjeel in the first place.
    but his career is gone now.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Why?

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel, you got this baby.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Will he get through this?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    In his bank account?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    seems to me the case is weak against Sharjeel, from what I can see in the press conference. All the talk about Najam Sethi initially saying he got evidence is all crap.

Someone said PCB is trying to show they are doing something about it when there is nothing except meeting the bookie. Pretty sure that's the case.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Can you please elaborate ?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    seems to me the case is weak against Sharjeel, from what I can see in the press conference. All the talk about Najam Sethi initially saying he got evidence is all crap.

Someone said PCB is trying to show they are doing something about it when there is nothing except meeting the bookie. Pretty sure that's the case.
    Strong evidence against Latif makes their case against Sharjeel strong as well. Khalid clearly mentions in voice message that payment ki HUMMAIN fikar nahin.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Strong evidence against Latif makes their case against Sharjeel strong as well. Khalid clearly mentions in voice message that payment ki HUMMAIN fikar nahin.
    hummain can also mean mujhe....

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post
    hummain can also mean mujhe....
    Very unlikely.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stupid stuff.

Funny how everyone changed their opinion based on what yousuf said

I could do the same regarding the Asif case. I can say how bowlers bowl no balls, and present Waqar Younis, who could back up saying that maybe the bowler was trying to bowl with more pace, or something similar.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Stupid stuff.

I could do the same regarding the Asif case. I can say how bowlers bowl no balls, and present Waqar Younis, who could back up saying that maybe the bowler was trying to bowl with more pace, or something similar.
    So true. This case does not rest on anything Sharjeel presents. It rests on what evidence PCB has of knowing before hand that Sharjeel would play 2 dot balls. Similar to Mazhar Majeed's video promising the three no-balls before they were actually bowled. If the PCB has that kind of evidence, then Yousuf et al can't save Sharjeel. If they don't, well then I can't see how they can prove that the 2 dot balls were deliberate.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Stupid stuff.

Yousuf is a very pious individual

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Per usual tradition of Pak fans, where are those "bring back Sharjeel" threads? Or have I already missed them?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've been saying this from day one and I'll say again here....

Hope he gets away with it and sues the PCB for defamation with Sethi being sacked !!!!!!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistani fans have a tendency to sway their opinions based on how much they like or dislike an individual.

First there were calls to be hanged.

Then calls for life ban.

Now they want Sethi to be hanged or life banned.

Funny how mood swings in camps based on media.

For the umpteenth time, let the full story unfold then, vacillate between innocence and guilt.

But no.

Must be guilty.

Must be innocent.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think sharjeel should be heavily fined and given 6 month ban but the bare truth is we badly need an opener like him, so therefore he should be given a second chance

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another interesting point that Yousuf made was that the second ball was quite a bit outside of the off-stump, if Sharjeel wanted to produce a dot ball he could have easily left it and nobody would have thought it to be suspicious since it was just the second over.
    what if the ball was called.wide? And often people do things to hide suspicion. Like Amir using the saw dust. I think no fixers in the world can have better lawyers than pak fans. Not even their own mothers will be as blind to their fault as pak fans.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    I've been saying this from day one and I'll say again here....

Hope he gets away with it and sues the PCB for defamation with Sethi being sacked !!!!!!
    asif then amir then sharjeel. You guys record of defending fixers are going lower and lower. At least previous fixers you defended were world class

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If sharjeel is guilty he should be banned.I doubt he is innocent let's see what happens in few days.

"I m anti national" to all patriots

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    asif then amir then sharjeel. You guys record of defending fixers are going lower and lower. At least previous fixers you defended were world class
    What about Suresh Raina's picture with a bookie, three Indian cricketers playing IPL getting banned. What about two whole teams getting banned and all players including captain Dhoni escaped the ban. I highly doubt that captain didnt know about any wrong doings.
    You guys dont have to defend anyone because your board or any other police doesnt even make a case against your cricketers. So chill man!

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the match india play are fixed to be honest.. even world cup toss thing.. champions trophy.. India Bcci is all fixers...

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what if the ball was called.wide? And often people do things to hide suspicion. Like Amir using the saw dust. I think no fixers in the world can have better lawyers than pak fans. Not even their own mothers will be as blind to their fault as pak fans.
    Mind your own business. Who are you to tell people what they want to believe in???

Everybody is innocent until proven guilty. Drill that through your head.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Yousuf is a very pious individual
    Never assume a person based upon his way of following religion.

Pakistan made this mistake with zia ul haq, he use to pray 5 times aday and later on we saw how he destroyed tge country.

Thus never look at religion when judging someone

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Exactly.

Its sad that even after the trio case our people will still defend the corrupt players.

And whats funny is that post you quoted is by a poster who goes around the forum saying he is better then the rest of pakistanis as he votes for imran

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a youtube video on the official PCB account with an update on proceedings but it's in Urdu and my Urdu is not fluent, only broken. Can someone watch and translate the overall summary of the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jiOM8GGVZ4

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    innocent until proven guilty. Get that into your thick head.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bhai. Just admit u wana support him, no need for this drmaybaazi of innocent until proven guilty.

Funny how you dont use the same mantra against politicians

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yousaf calling a spade a spade as usual.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's guilty he will be banned for life.If not,I doubt that the PCB will ever pick him in the squad,at least while Sethi is in charge.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bhai. Just admit u wana support him, no need for this drmaybaazi of innocent until proven guilty.

Funny how you dont use the same mantra against politicians
    I use the same mantra against anyone. I am challenging you to show me where I have used it otherwise.

From what I am read so far, yes, case against Sharjeel seems weak. Lets wait until its done. He is innocent until proven guilty. If he is guilty, then I support any action on him.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So let me understand this-Sharjeel meets the bookie and agrees to the fix of playing 2 dot balls

Then by choice or not by choice ends up keeping to the deal.

Now obviously bookie is happy....Sharjeel gets paid

Then there is evidence to prove he technically didn't keep up to the deal because the dot balls were played unintentionally-Sharjeel gets off

This is an epic breakthrough on how a player can get away with a fix

I mean this will be a model followed by the world over going forward

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If sharjeel is saying that he agreed to play 2 dot balls and then he did end up playing 2 dot balls then that is evidence enough for me. I don't care what any former cricketer says or whatever may or may not have been in sharjeels heart.

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    If sharjeel is saying that he agreed to play 2 dot balls and then he did end up playing 2 dot balls then that is evidence enough for me. I don't care what any former cricketer says or whatever may or may not have been in sharjeels heart.
    Sharjeel could easily saw he was coerced into giving a statement that the PCB wanted. In most cases people are not allowed to make any official statements without the presence of a lawyer.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has admitted he met bookies and did not report. He is GUILTY of that already. In my mind that is enough to stop supporting a player. This is cricket and not a court of law and technicalities. Players have been dropped for ever and lost support despite being not convicted. Symonds and Sreesanth are two big examples, they were never guilty in any court

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    What about Suresh Raina's picture with a bookie, three Indian cricketers playing IPL getting banned. What about two whole teams getting banned and all players including captain Dhoni escaped the ban. I highly doubt that captain didnt know about any wrong doings.
    You guys dont have to defend anyone because your board or any other police doesnt even make a case against your cricketers. So chill man!
    Yes three Indian cricketers got life banned. Raina did not meet a bookie, just a girl. Two team were banned for owners BETTING which is illegal in India. There was no wrong doing or FIXING by players. The owners who betted actually LOST money as results were opposite

But all of this makes your situation better?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mind your own business. Who are you to tell people what they want to believe in???

Everybody is innocent until proven guilty. Drill that through your head.
    Didn't he already admit meeting a bookie? You know Sreesanth was cleared by court yet every Indian supports his life ban?

I am minding my own business, it is just fun to see the mental gymnastics by some people.

1)Oh everyone is so corrupt and politicians support their own family/favorites - The same poster then wants leniency for their favorite Amir

2) We only support Amir because he was a young kid led astray. Look at his age, he deserves a second chance - When Amir does not do great, the same posters then want Asif back for the 5th time.

3) We only want Amir back, hang the other fixers - The same posters now want Salman and Asif back

4) This time players did not have enough education, but after the spot fixing trio, from next time we should hand out life bans - The same posters want Sharjeel to be pardoned because he can hit sixes

5) This is a conspiracy, Akhtar, Asif, Amir, Butt, etc, etc were not guilty. They have to be free. No evidence. Well here is evidence and then they are banned. Same posters - This is a conspiracy, Sharjeel, etc were not guilty. They have to be free. No evidence.

Its kinda fun to follow the mental gymnastic which requires to support your favorite player who fixes and then at the same time act as its a moral thing, you are only excusing them for valid reasons. Truth is if your favorite fixes its fine, if a boring player fixes then he should be banned