Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 342
  1. #161
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,653
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if he has admitted to fixing but then the dot balls weren't intentional, he is guilty, no doubt.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    2,479
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    He has admitted he met bookies and did not report. He is GUILTY of that already. In my mind that is enough to stop supporting a player. This is cricket and not a court of law and technicalities. Players have been dropped for ever and lost support despite being not convicted. Symonds and Sreesanth are two big examples, they were never guilty in any court
    The lawyer clearly stated that sharjeel informed PCB. That other news from a false one on a claim by Najam Sethi in a show.

  3. #163
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,469
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will this issue be resolved. Why does it take so much time to get to a verdict? Either we need to know if Sharjeel will come back or not. This is just dragging on way too long.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  4. #164
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    83,355
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Cricketer Sharjeel Khan, facing spot-fixing allegations, has decided not to appear before the Anti-corruption Tribunal of the PCB as a witness.

    “Yes, we have decided that Sharjeel will not appear before the tribunal as a witness,” says Sharjeel’s lawyer Sheghan Ijaz while talking to reporters here on Friday.

    He said the PCB would now have to produce evidence to support their witnesses and it seemed that the tribunal was looking to invite witnesses of the case again.

    Sharjeel’s counsel, who produced ex-cricketers Dean Jones, Mohammad Yousuf and Sadiq Mohammad as witnesses to declare that Sharjeel played two dot balls in the Pakistan Super League match on merit, said his witnesses believed no innocent person should be punished until proven guilty beyond the shadow of reasonable doubt.

    To a question, the attorney said he was not in a position to predict any decision about Sharjeel’s case.

    Meanwhile, PCB’s lawyer Tafazzul Rizvi said the decision of not appearing before the tribunal indicated Sharjeel did not want to defend himself.

    He said the tribunal could call any witness again if it thought it right.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1337040/sh...efore-tribunal


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #165
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Multan,Layyah Pakistan
    Runs
    941
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    why the witness would not come again if needed ?

  6. #166
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    83,355
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegbreakGoogly View Post
    why the witness would not come again if needed ?
    TBH - Have lost complete track of this.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  7. #167
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,653
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After today's pathetic performance we need him back, any news on this case?

  8. #168
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,567
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegbreakGoogly View Post
    why the witness would not come again if needed ?
    Because he doesn't want to self incriminate himself


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  9. #169
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,940
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any update on this case. We need Sharjeel back ASAP.


    He is no world beater but he wipes the floor with Azhar, Shehzad and Hafeez.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  10. #170
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    14,298
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When will we find out if he's guilty or not? If he's not guilty get him back in the team asap, if he's guilty ban him for life .

    Simple .

  11. #171
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    396
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Any update on this case. We need Sharjeel back ASAP.


    He is no world beater but he wipes the floor with Azhar, Shehzad and Hafeez.
    Bhai, he is a world beater imo. Someone who can average 50 at a high strike rate in australia against cummins, starc and hazlewood is definitely special...

  12. #172
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,972
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    When will we find out if he's guilty or not? If he's not guilty get him back in the team asap, if he's guilty ban him for life .

    Simple .
    same yr

    i am patient from a quite a while now for this

    Rizvi PCB lawyer were saying after 3 july the case will close very soon .i hope sharjeel is innocent
    Last edited by saeed5646; 5th June 2017 at 17:54.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,217
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    When will we find out if he's guilty or not? If he's not guilty get him back in the team asap, if he's guilty ban him for life .

    Simple .
    If he is not guilty , which is where this case is heading, sethi should be thrown under the bus and sued.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    805
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB has becoming a self demolition board, first it doesnt implement proper safety measures so that no bookie ever comes across any pakistani player, and now is dragging this trial without any solid evidence that sharjeel or khalid latif did infact did spot fixing.

    khalid latif didnt even play the match so how could he even do any spot fixing.

    whether both players were involved meeting bookie deliberately or not is another question and PCB shouldnt have done any trial for it, only warned them not to repeat this

    i think, even if players are not guilty and if they walk free, PCB will reserve right not to choose them for the national team

    to be honest PCB has done a suicide attack on already ailing one day team and repercussions are big.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,940
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    When will we find out if he's guilty or not? If he's not guilty get him back in the team asap, if he's guilty ban him for life .

    Simple .
    If he is declared innocent shouldn't there be some sort of accountability for the people who declared him guilty and announced that they have evidence to prove it too??? Or in typical Pakistani fashion we will brush it under the carpet.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  16. #176
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,972
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    If he is declared innocent shouldn't there be some sort of accountability for the people who declared him guilty and announced that they have evidence to prove it too??? Or in typical Pakistani fashion we will brush it under the carpet.
    for that matter he will be ban for atleast 6 month for not reporting to ACU and PCB will negotiate with

    sharjeel to shut his mouth else he will not be treated well when he is not in best form

  17. #177
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,796
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    same yr

    i am patient from a quite a while now for this

    Rizvi PCB lawyer were saying after 3 july the case will close very soon .i hope sharjeel is innocent
    July? Really? Whats taking them so long.

  18. #178
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,972
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    July? Really? Whats taking them so long.
    soory for typo according to PCB lawyer 5 to 6 days we will find out about sharjeel case (with ifs and buts)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf8_6uFEnvY

  19. #179
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    14,298
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    If he is declared innocent shouldn't there be some sort of accountability for the people who declared him guilty and announced that they have evidence to prove it too??? Or in typical Pakistani fashion we will brush it under the carpet.

    Sethi shouldn't have announced anything till he was certain.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    14,298
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    same yr

    i am patient from a quite a while now for this

    Rizvi PCB lawyer were saying after 3 july the case will close very soon .i hope sharjeel is innocent

    That is a long time to wait.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,972
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    That is a long time to wait.
    soory for typo according to PCB lawyer 5 to 6 days we will find out about sharjeel case (with ifs and buts)

  22. #182
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    14,181
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The fact that he didn't appear again means he is scared his story will change on 2nd questioning.

    Even a hint of change and PCB will sniff and go for blood.

    Now he has tried to leave the ball in PCB court by refusing to re-appear.

    This makes him look slightly guilty on face value but it saves him from potential complete career end had he re-appeared and PCB found chinks in his story.

    Still 50 50 on result I guess.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  23. #183
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    805
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    The fact that he didn't appear again means he is scared his story will change on 2nd questioning.

    Even a hint of change and PCB will sniff and go for blood.

    Now he has tried to leave the ball in PCB court by refusing to re-appear.

    This makes him look slightly guilty on face value but it saves him from potential complete career end had he re-appeared and PCB found chinks in his story.

    Still 50 50 on result I guess.
    where is the 'evidence' PCB was so much trumpeting about?

    no evidence, no case

    you canot build any case based on only witness and interviews

  24. #184
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Winnipeg then,Lahore now
    Runs
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post
    Bhai, he is a world beater imo. Someone who can average 50 at a high strike rate in australia against cummins, starc and hazlewood is definitely special...
    Starc wasn't playing the ODI series

  25. #185
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,653
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HinderTheJinder View Post
    Starc wasn't playing the ODI series
    yes he did

  26. #186
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,217
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    The fact that he didn't appear again means he is scared his story will change on 2nd questioning.

    Even a hint of change and PCB will sniff and go for blood.

    Now he has tried to leave the ball in PCB court by refusing to re-appear.

    This makes him look slightly guilty on face value but it saves him from potential complete career end had he re-appeared and PCB found chinks in his story.

    Still 50 50 on result I guess.
    I dont see how there is even a 50% chance of his ban unless there is something secretly going on. PCB has failed to present any concrete evidence so far. The way sethi was talking, you would imagine he would make sharjeel and co confess. Infact he did lie that they have confessed. Should be sued and drained of millions if sharjeel is found innocent.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,653
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I dont see how there is even a 50% chance of his ban unless there is something secretly going on. PCB has failed to present any concrete evidence so far. The way sethi was talking, you would imagine he would make sharjeel and co confess. Infact he did lie that they have confessed. Should be sued and drained of millions if sharjeel is found innocent.
    I'm hearing though that Sharjeel has also admitted to agreeing to fix but was not going to play the dot balls. Sorry but if he has agreed he is guilty. You can get 10000000 cricket experts to say dot ball not suspicious but if he agreed to actually fix then that is enough evidence

  28. #188
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    396
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I'm hearing though that Sharjeel has also admitted to agreeing to fix but was not going to play the dot balls. Sorry but if he has agreed he is guilty. You can get 10000000 cricket experts to say dot ball not suspicious but if he agreed to actually fix then that is enough evidence
    where did u hear that ?

  29. #189
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I'm hearing though that Sharjeel has also admitted to agreeing to fix but was not going to play the dot balls. Sorry but if he has agreed he is guilty. You can get 10000000 cricket experts to say dot ball not suspicious but if he agreed to actually fix then that is enough evidence
    if that was the case it would have been over by now and sharjeel would have been banned for life.

    the only reason its taking so long is because they don't have sufficent proof.

    further all other players so far punished have actually admitted it themselves rather than being proven by pcb

  30. #190
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,439
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The SuperStar will be treated like Wasim, Waqar.


    One player will go Irfan's way other will be banned for number of years whereby his int career will end.


    Desperate fans acting innocent innocent, I hope he is not guilty etc as if the case is not infront of PCB part of Pakistan but is infront of International Court of Justice.


    Remember Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Rana Naveed bans ? Or you have memory loss ?


    This won't end well. If its no ban or short ban for Shooper Star than many players will hit the doors of High Courts and Supreme Courts and those aggrieved will ask for financial compensation from PCB otherwise because they will claim discrimination.


    Once again it's most likely that Laws, Rules, Code, Ethics & Morals will be bent for Shooper Star Cricketer.


    This won't go down well with future, ICC and again International disgrace will bite Us badly.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  31. #191
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,436
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    The SuperStar will be treated like Wasim, Waqar.


    One player will go Irfan's way other will be banned for number of years whereby his int career will end.


    Desperate fans acting innocent innocent, I hope he is not guilty etc as if the case is not infront of PCB part of Pakistan but is infront of International Court of Justice.


    Remember Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Rana Naveed bans ? Or you have memory loss ?


    This won't end well. If its no ban or short ban for Shooper Star than many players will hit the doors of High Courts and Supreme Courts and those aggrieved will ask for financial compensation from PCB otherwise because they will claim discrimination.


    Once again it's most likely that Laws, Rules, Code, Ethics & Morals will be bent for Shooper Star Cricketer.


    This won't go down well with future, ICC and again International disgrace will bite Us badly.
    How are you so sure that he will be give leeway? @TalentSpotterPk

  32. #192
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    481
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I was quite impressed that PCB wanted to stop spot fixing but now I'm thinking what a bunch of clowns, someone has messed up and should be held accountable, if there is evidence then why don't they prove it.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,130
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    At first I was quite impressed that PCB wanted to stop spot fixing but now I'm thinking what a bunch of clowns, someone has messed up and should be held accountable, if there is evidence then why don't they prove it.
    Legal proceedings take time.

    We're not privy to what they've shown in front of the tribunal nor will they be releasing that information anytime soon.

    You're only going to hear bits and pieces, but that's more of a media game played by lawyers to win external support.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,439
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    How are you so sure that he will be give leeway? @TalentSpotterPk

    Today one of the Best Left Arm pacer world has ever seen is Officially a Clean Cricketer. But Millions know the Cover Up Matti Paao thing which happened. And He is not the one and only one.


    Sharjeel is also a " Shooper Ishtaar ".


    These players were withdrawn because of stuff PCB got from ICC ACU. Otherwise nothing would have happened as this is Islami Jamhuria Pakistan.


    On merit Sharjeel Khan deserves a 5-7 years or Life Ban but evidence is being brushed aside, Ex greats are going as witnesses and him meeting with Bookie, agreeing to fix for a specific amount is all being put aside and now focus is on dot balls being played on merit.


    If Sharjeel is banned any less than 5 years than You will see Kaneria, Salman, Asif, Khalid Latif, Atta ur Rehman asking for huge financial compensation back door or they will file petitions in High Courts Supreme Courts.

    If ICC conives with PCB this time than other banned cricketers of IPL and SA etc will sue ICC.


    Otherwise ICC will challenge PCB and PCB will be in trouble.


    General Touqeer Zia has to pull out of the tribunal if he sees a deal because his repute will be tarnished.


    Fine if Sharjeel is banned for 2 years or so or less. Shooper Star will be back and will hammer pacers which would be Cool but a Pandora Box will open nationally aswell as Internationally.


    This " Matti Pao " in 2017 will be disaster. This is not 90's.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  35. #195
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,436
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Today one of the Best Left Arm pacer world has ever seen is Officially a Clean Cricketer. But Millions know the Cover Up Matti Paao thing which happened. And He is not the one and only one.


    Sharjeel is also a " Shooper Ishtaar ".


    These players were withdrawn because of stuff PCB got from ICC ACU. Otherwise nothing would have happened as this is Islami Jamhuria Pakistan.


    On merit Sharjeel Khan deserves a 5-7 years or Life Ban but evidence is being brushed aside, Ex greats are going as witnesses and him meeting with Bookie, agreeing to fix for a specific amount is all being put aside and now focus is on dot balls being played on merit.


    If Sharjeel is banned any less than 5 years than You will see Kaneria, Salman, Asif, Khalid Latif, Atta ur Rehman asking for huge financial compensation back door or they will file petitions in High Courts Supreme Courts.

    If ICC conives with PCB this time than other banned cricketers of IPL and SA etc will sue ICC.


    Otherwise ICC will challenge PCB and PCB will be in trouble.


    General Touqeer Zia has to pull out of the tribunal if he sees a deal because his repute will be tarnished.


    Fine if Sharjeel is banned for 2 years or so or less. Shooper Star will be back and will hammer pacers which would be Cool but a Pandora Box will open nationally aswell as Internationally.


    This " Matti Pao " in 2017 will be disaster. This is not 90's.
    You are on fire today. Yes this is 2017, Media, Forums, Information and all that stuff is well prevailing, Very unlikely mitti pao will work.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,358
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    he is toast.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    3,720
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bring back Sharjeel!! It will solve everything

  38. #198
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I read this forum and posts of some individual it feels like they are eyewitnesses to whole affair.
    dont know whats stoping them from going to inquiry and being the witness.

  39. #199
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    2,915
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB should hand Sharjeel a 6 month ban for whatever PCB wants to call it, and Khalid should get 1 year for being a tough guy. This is getting embarrassing and PCB would be wise to hand punishments and turn the page. Interestingly this entire situation has opened up 2 important slots in the team which has made the return of certain players possible.
    Last edited by sshakir411; 7th June 2017 at 05:03.

  40. #200
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    14,181
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mann View Post
    where is the 'evidence' PCB was so much trumpeting about?

    no evidence, no case

    you canot build any case based on only witness and interviews
    Does PCB need to share its evidence to you?


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  41. #201
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    14,181
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I dont see how there is even a 50% chance of his ban unless there is something secretly going on. PCB has failed to present any concrete evidence so far. The way sethi was talking, you would imagine he would make sharjeel and co confess. Infact he did lie that they have confessed. Should be sued and drained of millions if sharjeel is found innocent.
    True.

    But we don't know what he has confessed to and what he hasn't confessed to.

    He may be innocent of fixing but still maybe guilty of not reporting.

    Which is why I can't say if he's guilty or innocent but we have to assume that him deciding to not re-appear is a card played by his lawyer.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  42. #202
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Multan,Layyah Pakistan
    Runs
    941
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Geo News Urdu
    @ geonews_urdu
    16m
    ﺑﮑﯿﺰ ﺳﮯﻣﻠﻨﺎ،ﻓﮑﺴﻨﮓ ﮈﯾﻞ ﺍﻭﺭﺩﯾﮕﺮﺷﻮﺍﮨﺪ ﮐﺴﯽ ﺳﮯﺑﮭﯽ ﺷﺮﺟﯿﻞ ﺧﺎﻥ ﻧﮯﺍﻧﮑﺎﺭﻧﮩﯿﮟ ﮐﯿﺎ،ﺗﻔﻀﻞ

  43. #203
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Multan,Layyah Pakistan
    Runs
    941
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ﺁﺝ ﮐﯽ ﮐﺎﺭﺭﻭﺍﺋﯽ ﺳﮯﻭﺍﺿﺢ ﮨﻮﮔﯿﺎﭘﯽ ﺳﯽ ﺑﯽ ﺗﺎﺧﯿﺮﯼ ﺣﺮﺑﮯ ﺍﺳﺘﻌﻤﺎﻝ ﮐﺮﺭﮨﺎﮨﮯ،ﺷﯿﻐﺎﻥ ﺍﻋﺠﺎﺯ
    View details ·
    Geo News Urdu
    @ geonews_urdu
    1h
    ﭘﯽ ﺳﯽ ﺑﯽ ﻧﮯﺍﯾﻨﭩﯽ ﮐﺮﭘﺸﻦ ﭨﺮﯾﺒﻮﻧﻞ ﮐﯽ ﮐﺎﺭﺭﻭﺍﺋﯽ ﺭﻭﮐﻨﮯﮐﯽ ﺩﺭﺧﻮﺍﺳﺖ ﮐﯽ ﮨﮯ،ﺷﯿﻐﺎﻥ ﺍﻋﺠﺎﺯ

  44. #204
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    12,696
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegbreakGoogly View Post
    Geo News Urdu
    @ geonews_urdu
    16m
    ﺑﮑﯿﺰ ﺳﮯﻣﻠﻨﺎ،ﻓﮑﺴﻨﮓ ﮈﯾﻞ ﺍﻭﺭﺩﯾﮕﺮﺷﻮﺍﮨﺪ ﮐﺴﯽ ﺳﮯﺑﮭﯽ ﺷﺮﺟﯿﻞ ﺧﺎﻥ ﻧﮯﺍﻧﮑﺎﺭﻧﮩﯿﮟ ﮐﯿﺎ،ﺗﻔﻀﻞ
    Quote Originally Posted by LegbreakGoogly View Post
    ﺁﺝ ﮐﯽ ﮐﺎﺭﺭﻭﺍﺋﯽ ﺳﮯﻭﺍﺿﺢ ﮨﻮﮔﯿﺎﭘﯽ ﺳﯽ ﺑﯽ ﺗﺎﺧﯿﺮﯼ ﺣﺮﺑﮯ ﺍﺳﺘﻌﻤﺎﻝ ﮐﺮﺭﮨﺎﮨﮯ،ﺷﯿﻐﺎﻥ ﺍﻋﺠﺎﺯ
    View details ·
    Geo News Urdu
    @ geonews_urdu
    1h
    ﭘﯽ ﺳﯽ ﺑﯽ ﻧﮯﺍﯾﻨﭩﯽ ﮐﺮﭘﺸﻦ ﭨﺮﯾﺒﻮﻧﻞ ﮐﯽ ﮐﺎﺭﺭﻭﺍﺋﯽ ﺭﻭﮐﻨﮯﮐﯽ ﺩﺭﺧﻮﺍﺳﺖ ﮐﯽ ﮨﮯ،ﺷﯿﻐﺎﻥ ﺍﻋﺠﺎﺯ
    No offence, but if you're going to post something in Urdu [or any language for that matter] please post the translation below the text as many on here won't understand.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  45. #205
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,972
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    According to CI

    June 6

    A battle is on between the PCB and the lawyers of Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif to try and get the two openers to appear at the tribunal. Taffazul Rizvi, the PCB's legal advisor, wants both players to testify at the tribunal, but Sharjeel's lawyer has objected to the request.

    Both sides have completed their arguments and cross examined each other's witnesses. Shaighan Ijaz had initially listed his client Sharjeel to take the stand and testify but later pulled him off the witness list, which included expert witnesses like former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf and Islamabad United's coach Dean Jones.

    "As the burden of proof lies with the PCB, after examining the evidence put forward by PCB and by experts from our side, we felt there was no need to produce Sharjeel as his own witness," Ijaz said.

    Rizvi however submitted a request to summon Sharjeel, which would allow the tribunal to cross examine the player. Ijaz questioned the legality of this, arguing the PCB, a party in the case, cannot dictate to the tribunal on the proceedings.

    The PCB, however, is using a provision from the board's anti-corruption code which says that the tribunal shall not be bound by the rules governing the admissibility of evidence in judicial or other proceedings. Clause 3.2.2 of the anti-corruption code reads: "The Anti-Corruption Tribunal may draw an adverse inference against the Participant who is asserted to have committed an offence under this Anti-Corruption Code based on his/her failure or refusal, without compelling justification, after a request made in a reasonable time in advance of any hearing, to appear at the hearing (either in person or by video or telephone link, as directed by the Anti-Corruption Tribunal) and to answer any relevant questions."

    Before making its final decision, the tribunal is keen to engage two independent cricket experts, who have no links with either party, to offer their opinion on the contentious dot balls Sharjeel played out in the PSL opening game this year. This has, for now, been put on hold after the PCB's request to have Sharjeel put on the witness stand.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehehe PCB is a pathetic joke, even PCB lawyer Rizvi resorting to time-delaying tactics. Rofl Najam Sethi, can't manage anything even if his life depended on it. Such a person is driving Pakistan cricket over the cliff to a fall. Pakistani public either needs to pressurizes Pakistan Govt. to save PCB or just give up watching cricket and forget about this sport. 3 batting options [2 openers] removed to help Akmals, Shehbaz and Hafeez. Even if it works in Sharjeel & Latif's favor, damage is done.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB has taken back its request for Sharjeel and Khaled Latif to appear and postponed it, British Crime Agency is set to share 'evidence' with them by the end of the month rofl.


  48. #208
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,796
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by croyden_ruiz View Post
    PCB has taken back its request for Sharjeel and Khaled Latif to appear and postponed it, British Crime Agency is set to share 'evidence' with them by the end of the month rofl.

    by the end of the month? WTH, either ban them or let them go if you don't have enough proof to implicate them.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    by the end of the month? WTH, either ban them or let them go if you don't have enough proof to implicate them.
    Time delaying tactics being employed, as currently situation is heated for the board given Pakistan team's defeat by India. In all likelihood pressurized both initially in giving a statement and that statement was used by the Pcb as proof and not much evidence have been provided ever since to ban them. Using Tribunal rules to delay the proceedings. Its a botched trial.

  50. #210
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    10,905
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PCB investigative team is a joke

  51. #211
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    14,181
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Already declared innocent by Pakpassion.

    In my opinion a tribunal was futile.

    We could just gather some posters and decide whether Sharjeel fixed or not.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  52. #212
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Already declared innocent by Pakpassion.

    In my opinion a tribunal was futile.

    We could just gather some posters and decide whether Sharjeel fixed or not.
    Hehehe posters here would still do a better job than the pathetic team in Pcb, ppl are doing jobs in their respective fields not politically appointed, jumping into an important job without knowhow like your boss Najam Sethi saheb.

    Ask Sethi saheb about Tribunal rules if he knows what is confession, that would be amusing.

  53. #213
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    12,176
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB are such an incompetent board it's almost impossible to say if he is guilty of what's he accused of.

    If they can't handle it let ICC or someone independent do it.

  54. #214
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    12,696
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I honestly thought the players would be banged to rights with all the evidence Sethi claimed they had.

    I don't care if they get banned for life [5-years etc], or let of with the minimum ban, as long as the correct decision is made.

    The root cause has to be taken out, one way or the other.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  55. #215
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    83,355
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1338185/pc...english-agency

    LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has requested its Anti-corruption Tribunal to stop hearing of Sharjeel Khan’s spot-fixing case until it receives further evidence from the England National Crime Agency.

    The tribunal will take a decision on the request on Friday.

    However, cases of Khalid Latif, Shahzaib Hasan and Nasir Jamshed, which are not being run on day-to-day basis, will proceed according to their respective schedules.

    PCB’s lawyer told reporters on Wednesday that the National Crime Agency of England had contacted the PCB and said it wanted to share more information with the PCB which it had gathered after thorough investigation.

    ADVERTISEMENT

    “After this development, we requested the tribunal that we were withdrawing our request of Sharjeel Khan’s and Khalid Latif’s production as witnesses," he said.

    “However, we can forward the same request again if any need arises,” he added.

    Sharjeel’s counsel commented on the development by saying the PCB was using delaying tactics by making a request one day and withdrawing it the next day.

    It is learnt that the Crime Agency in England has completed its investigation and it will soon decide either in favour of or against Nasir Jamshed.

    If it decides to drop charges against Nasir, the situation will be difficult for the PCB.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  56. #216
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone please update the title of the thread, like PCB requests tribunal to stop hearing till it receives further evidence from some Natl. Crime Agency or PCB legal team takes back it request for Sharjeel & Khaled to appear before Tribunal or more valid PCB trying delay tactics to push the proceedings further without a shred of proof implication the two.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    12,696
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1338185/pc...english-agency

    LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has requested its Anti-corruption Tribunal to stop hearing of Sharjeel Khan’s spot-fixing case until it receives further evidence from the England National Crime Agency.

    The tribunal will take a decision on the request on Friday.

    However, cases of Khalid Latif, Shahzaib Hasan and Nasir Jamshed, which are not being run on day-to-day basis, will proceed according to their respective schedules.

    PCB’s lawyer told reporters on Wednesday that the National Crime Agency of England had contacted the PCB and said it wanted to share more information with the PCB which it had gathered after thorough investigation.

    ADVERTISEMENT

    “After this development, we requested the tribunal that we were withdrawing our request of Sharjeel Khan’s and Khalid Latif’s production as witnesses," he said.

    “However, we can forward the same request again if any need arises,” he added.

    Sharjeel’s counsel commented on the development by saying the PCB was using delaying tactics by making a request one day and withdrawing it the next day.

    It is learnt that the Crime Agency in England has completed its investigation and it will soon decide either in favour of or against Nasir Jamshed.

    If it decides to drop charges against Nasir, the situation will be difficult for the PCB.
    I can't see Jamshed not being found guilty with all the stuff that's been written about him and his history with said allegations.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  58. #218
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    12,696
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by croyden_ruiz View Post
    Can someone please update the title of the thread, like PCB requests tribunal to stop hearing till it receives further evidence from some Natl. Crime Agency or PCB legal team takes back it request for Sharjeel & Khaled to appear before Tribunal or more valid PCB trying delay tactics to push the proceedings further without a shred of proof implication the two.
    That's the longest ever title...doubt it'd fit in the subject line


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  59. #219
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sherlock

    If u can't understand or read the word 'OR' can't help school u.

  60. #220
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    2,479
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How can an independent tribunal just grant extension? It is evident what is going on. Tribunal was formed to make them guilty. It isn't independent as they say. I would be going to the supreme court for this if I was Sharjeel.

  61. #221
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    12,696
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by croyden_ruiz View Post
    Can someone please update the title of the thread, like PCB requests tribunal to stop hearing till it receives further evidence from some Natl. Crime Agency

    or

    PCB legal team takes back it request for Sharjeel & Khaled to appear before Tribunal or more valid PCB trying delay tactics to push the proceedings further without a shred of proof implication the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by croyden_ruiz View Post
    @Sherlock

    If u can't understand or read the word 'OR' can't help school u.
    You don't need to read the "or" to realise your post. You seem to be irate the majority of the time, maybe you need to chill out and calm down.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  62. #222
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    902
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand why they want to hurt their own team player like this? I mean why would you do something like that do sharjeel?

  63. #223
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,941
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks like this case is gonna take a while.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  64. #224
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    4,538
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Whatever ban they give him better be since the day he was suspended. So even if the verdict comes in August and he is banned for a year, that means he should be unbanned in February as he hasn't been allowed to play any cricket since then anyways.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  65. #225
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    83,355
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Test pacer Irfan, however, has been excluded from the above list after the lanky left-arm paceman confessed that he was contacted by a bookie but could not inform the PCB about the contact in time. As a result, Irfan was suspended for one year and fined Rs1 million.

    According to sources, a letter from the NCA was received, claiming the agency had gathered vital information, which may increase the circle of the investigation.

    After receiving the letter, PCB lawyer requested the anti-corruption tribunal to stop the day-to-day hearing in Sharjeel’s case. The tribunal will announce its decision on that request on Friday.

    Sources said though so far only five cricketers are facing the charges and no name of any official of the participating teams or the PCB emerged in the scam, after receiving the fresh information from the NCA the finger may be pointed at any official.

    Nasir Jamshed, sources said, was on bail in England but the NCA believes that the credible information it has gathered will be enough to prove the cricketer and two of his accomplices guilty, and send them behind bars.

    The next hearing in the case of Nasir’s bail is to be held during the last week of June. And after that hearing, the NCA will share the information with the PCB anti-corruption unit.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1338323/na...t-fixing-probe


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  66. #226
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting show on TV that reveals some of the details about the accusations and the proceedings uptil now on the Spotfixing case on Sharjeel Khan/Khaled Latif, PCB legal team had requested postponement of the tribunal proceedings until end of the month, tribunal set the date for another hearing on 13th of June. Most of the case is based on the audio recordings of Sharjeel Khan immediately after the match in Dubai and when he later came to Lahore, on which he completely withdrew from. A PCB Security incharge Col. Azam role also discussed. Both sides, PCB legal advisor Rizvi and Sharjeel lawyer Shaighan Ijaz both appeared on the show.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th June 2017 at 00:39.

  67. #227
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This self-righteous attitude of PCB is killing Pakistani cricket. They are more eager than international cricket organisations to punish their players even on the slightest pretext. Have we ever seen any such thing from,say Indian cricket authorities? Rather,when recently some doubts were raised against the Indian players,the Indian authorities just brought forward the name of Bangladeshi Ashraful . Though Ashraful was found guilty but all this was done to distract others from the Indian suspects.Do you think Indian players are angels? We must keep in mind that this match-fixing,spot-fixing was started by Indian bookies.

  68. #228
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    805
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTSPOKEN View Post
    This self-righteous attitude of PCB is killing Pakistani cricket. They are more eager than international cricket organisations to punish their players even on the slightest pretext. Have we ever seen any such thing from,say Indian cricket authorities? Rather,when recently some doubts were raised against the Indian players,the Indian authorities just brought forward the name of Bangladeshi Ashraful . Though Ashraful was found guilty but all this was done to distract others from the Indian suspects.Do you think Indian players are angels? We must keep in mind that this match-fixing,spot-fixing was started by Indian bookies.
    digging its own grave i must say

    if PCB was so eager in punishing the fixers why was amir allowed to return?

    PCB seem very confusing and conflicting in its decisions

    sharjeel and others have not even done any fixing
    Last edited by Macho Mann; 12th June 2017 at 07:53.

  69. #229
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    124
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Already declared innocent by Pakpassion.

    In my opinion a tribunal was futile.

    We could just gather some posters and decide whether Sharjeel fixed or not.
    Very true. And then they ask for hanging of politicians.

  70. #230
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    3,252
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I'm hearing though that Sharjeel has also admitted to agreeing to fix but was not going to play the dot balls. Sorry but if he has agreed he is guilty. You can get 10000000 cricket experts to say dot ball not suspicious but if he agreed to actually fix then that is enough evidence
    Not true - he could totally be guilty, and at this point I'm sure he's guilty of something, but if the PCB can't find the right evidence they have no right to stop him from continuing his career

    What's true and what's proven to be true in a court are two separate things

  71. #231
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,859
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    When will we find out if he's guilty or not? If he's not guilty get him back in the team asap, if he's guilty ban him for life .

    Simple .
    both decisions will take time and should be taken after given a long and serious thought to it based on the evidences....

  72. #232
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    124
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't find anything wrong in PCB asking for extension in time. In any criminal case, court can allow prosecution to conduct additional investigation of it feels that additional evidence is relating to the same case and accused would not be embroiled in another criminal case after this one.

    PCB could always have decided this matter first and open a second one after receipt of additional evidence from NCA. Instead it is opting to conclude the matter in one go. Perfectly reasonable and entirely within legal realm.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    340
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    both decisions will take time and should be taken after given a long and serious thought to it based on the evidences....
    Do we need to ban players till we know?

  74. #234
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,859
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zyrus View Post
    Do we need to ban players till we know?
    under investigation so how can he be played...impossible....

  75. #235
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    340
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    under investigation so how can he be played...impossible....
    Innocent until proven guilty you know.

  76. #236
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    481
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zyrus View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty you know.
    I can see your point, if court case is dragged on for months and months does that mean a potentially innocent man shouldn't be allowed to play,

  77. #237
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    537
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel.. our shining bright super star player is abused by the English ... very sad

  78. #238
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    If it decides to drop charges against Nasir, the situation will be difficult for the PCB.
    Can someone tell me the reason for this? Why it will be difficult for PCB?

  79. #239
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    419
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HateKiller View Post
    Can someone tell me the reason for this? Why it will be difficult for PCB?
    Loss of earnings, defamation

  80. #240
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,130
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zyrus View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty you know.


    That doesn't happen in any workplace. You're always suspended until the investigation is over.

    If an accountant is messing with the books, will their firm just let them carry on as if nothing happened?


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •