Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I don't think it's possible to have a more amazing and happier ending" : Younis Khan

Younis Khan speaking to Bazid Khan after the third Test against West Indies:

"It was a wonderful match, just like a Test match should be between two great nations. It was amazing and I would like to thank the Pakistan team for giving us such a send-off. I don't think it's possible for any cricketer to have a more amazing and happier ending."

"My career has been how every cricketer's journey should be. I migrated to Karachi in early 80s and my father and family deserve credit for this decision. It wasn't easy for me to play cricket in Karachi as the area I live in is a bit outside the city so the daily travel, daily practice then from Under-14 for U19 and then Grade 2 cricket was a long process. If I measure that in days and hours, it would amount to thousand days and thousands of hours. The journey I started in the 80s from the Under-14s has led me here."

"I wouldn't say I'm one of Pakistan's greatest cricketers but I tried my best to do something or to leave some legacy which my country remembers me by and I think I achieved that."

"The credit goes to my parents, my family, my teachers, club-mates, associations, departments and the Pakistan team, I am here today because of all of them."

"There is a lot planned for the future. I am a person who tries to make an impact no matter where I am. Even if I am at home, I try to do something on a daily basis that is worthwhile. I will try to do something and bring about some change where ever I go. I am not amongst those people who sits back and says nothing can be done."

"From my side to the whole of Pakistan, congratulations for Pakistan's first ever Test series win in West Indies. I would like to gift my 10,000 runs to the whole of my country."

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    What a star! How we will miss him in the team - this was a day that I dreaded thinking about but lets hope the youngsters catch up quick

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Arise Sir Ahmed an Sir Umar...our next duo of legends!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our last 50 plus averaging batsman!!

Salute to you sir you are a ATG in my eyes

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Younis Khan speaking to Bazid Khan after the third Test against West Indies:

"It was a wonderful match, just like a Test match should be between two great nations. It was amazing and I would like to thank the Pakistan team for giving us such a send-off. I don't think it's possible for any cricketer to have a more amazing and happier ending."

"My career has been how every cricketer's journey should be. I migrated to Karachi in early 80s and my father and family deserve credit for this decision. It wasn't easy for me to play cricket in Karachi as the area I live in is a bit outside the city so the daily travel, daily practice then from Under-14 for U19 and then Grade 2 cricket was a long process. If I measure that in days and hours, it would amount to thousand days and thousands of hours. The journey I started in the 80s from the Under-14s has led me here."

"I wouldn't say I'm one of Pakistan's greatest cricketers but I tried my best to do something or to leave some legacy which my country remembers me by and I think I achieved that."

"The credit goes to my parents, my family, my teachers, club-mates, associations, departments and the Pakistan team, I am here today because of all of them."

"There is a lot planned for the future. I am a person who tries to make an impact no matter where I am. Even if I am at home, I try to do something on a daily basis that is worthwhile. I will try to do something and bring about some change where ever I go. I am not amongst those people who sits back and says nothing can be done."

"From my side to the whole of Pakistan, congratulations for Pakistan's first ever Test series win in West Indies. I would like to gift my 10,000 runs to the whole of my country."

@shaz619

People think Younis Khan is not humble and he has big Ego. Over the years his statements have been taken out of context on many ocassions while yes he has lost temper off the field (it's a fact). Still he lives in Steel Town while few weeks back a Super Star Cricket inaugurated his new luxurious home and had a grand party at his lavish new residence.

No Younis You definitely are one of the greatest Cricketers produced by Pakistan and one of the greatest Living Pakistani Cricketer, Leader, Fighter IK says same about you.

Legend. Will Miss You.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If there was a guy who could challenge laras 400 it was this guy

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    @shaz619

People think Younis Khan is not humble and he has big Ego. Over the years his statements have been taken out of context on many ocassions while yes he has lost temper off the field (it's a fact). Still he lives in Steel Town while few weeks back a Super Star Cricket inaugurated his new luxurious home and had a grand party at his lavish new residence.

No Younis You definitely are one of the greatest Cricketers produced by Pakistan and one of the greatest Living Pakistani Cricketer, Leader, Fighter IK says same about you.

Legend. Will Miss You.
    Yeah he has a very humble side to him as well, whether we get to see it or not.

Nonetheless, he has retired now and retirement for an athlete is like death for a regular human being, in the sense that once it happens, you only talk about and remember the good times.

Will miss you Younis. Stay blessed, Champion.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Yeah he has a very humble side to him as well, whether we get to see it or not.

Nonetheless, he has retired now and retirement for an athlete is like death for a regular human being, in the sense that once it happens, you only talk about and remember the good times.

Will miss you Younis. Stay blessed, Champion.

That double hundred at Oval though

At that age

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No offense. But humbleness isnt going around and telling people that im humble. Beung humble is something that comes naturally to you and something you dont have to try to do.

Younis in my opinion tries to be humble and sometimes he messes up big time due to short temper.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    That double hundred at Oval though

At that age
    Yup!

And another knock which people rarely bring up but was up there in the list of my favourites would be that Pallekele knock. Stayed up during Ramadan, ignoring everything else just to watch that innings.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @shaz619

Legend. Will Miss You.
    I also lived in Hadeed all my childhood, and younis lives in Gulshan-e-hadeed and not steel town..
    He lived in a small 250 sq.yards home till last year.. he finaly changed his home to a 500 sq.yards new place..
    He is very humble... When he is playing in steel town anyone can easily meet him heck if you wanna meet him just go to his home ring the bell and he'll come outside to meet you..
    And he owns a small Photo studio and sometimes when he is free he is often seen sitting at the cashiers place..
    A simple man..

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best Pak test batsman I've seen. He was better than Inzi and yousuf IMO. Dunno about Miandad never saw him.

Wish him all the best. While he didn't have the best series to bow out on, he did have a near double century in the previous Aus series, and still managed to get a half century in WI. But in the field he was excellent in WI series, that really stood out, so I hope he can be proud of that.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @shaz619

Legend. Will Miss You.
    He is a champion and always will be my greatest hero. Not everyone are as good a judge of character as you and I, Pakistani's tend to enjoy berating people for the sake of it or to look cool given their false sense of superficial logic. Khan retiring is like a close family member leaving me that's how much I admire and love him, but let his mental fortitude on and off the pitch inspire generations; that is his legacy, somewhere in a pakistani gali there would have been a kid who on that day witnessed a glorious career come to end, that beautiful smile draped in the star and crescent and says to himself "I want to be like Khan" this is real greatness and leaving a legacy behind.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    I also lived in Hadeed all my childhood, and younis lives in Gulshan-e-hadeed and not steel town..
    He lived in a small 250 sq.yards home till last year.. he finaly changed his home to a 500 sq.yards new place..
    He is very humble... When he is playing in steel town anyone can easily meet him heck if you wanna meet him just go to his home ring the bell and he'll come outside to meet you..
    And he owns a small Photo studio and sometimes when he is free he is often seen sitting at the cashiers place..
    A simple man..

Thanks for sharing great to know. Rashid Latif said this on Ptv that he lives in Steel town.

His new place is near Steel Town ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    He is a champion and always will be my greatest hero. Not everyone are as good a judge of character as you and I, Pakistani's tend to enjoy berating people for the sake of it or to look cool given their false sense of superficial logic. Khan retiring is like a close family member leaving me that's how much I admire and love him, but let his mental fortitude on and off the pitch inspire generations; that is his legacy, somewhere in a pakistani gali there would have been a kid who on that day witnessed a glorious career come to end, that beautiful smile draped in the star and crescent and says to himself "I want to be like Khan" this is real greatness and leaving a legacy behind.

I agree. As Bishop said " Million Dollar Smile " of Khan.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree. As Bishop said " Million Dollar Smile " of Khan.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    No offense. But humbleness isnt going around and telling people that im humble. Beung humble is something that comes naturally to you and something you dont have to try to do.

Younis in my opinion tries to be humble and sometimes he messes up big time due to short temper.
    exactly a humble person or team man doesn't have to tell the world at every opportunity that he is humble and he is a team man

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

That happiness

MashaAllah.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing great to know. Rashid Latif said this on Ptv that he lives in Steel town.

His new place is near Steel Town ?
    The areas are connected, Hadeed is for general public and steel town is for the steel mill employees..

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    The areas are connected, Hadeed is for general public and steel town is for the steel mill employees..

Thanks brother.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n