Instagram


Indoor Big Bash

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 59 of 59
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The best scenario for Indian cricket!

    I believe in terms of cricketing prowess this is best time to be indian cricket fans irrespective of results at CT 2017.This is time when India can select another 15 men squad who can compete in champions trophy and easily be ranked among top 8 teams in the world.
    Batsmen
    Manoj tiwary,Nitish Rana,Karun Nair,Raina,Uthappa ,Gambhir,R tripthi, S iyer,Sarfaraz Khan
    Wicket keepers
    Sanju Samson,Rishabh pant,patel,saha,Naman ojha
    Allrounders
    Axar patel,Krynal pandya,Rahul tewatia, Parvez rasool
    1Spinners
    Yuzvendra chahal,shahdab nadeem,kuldeep yadav,Amit mishra
    Fast bowlers
    Varun Aaron, Jaidev unadkat,Siddharth singh,Thampi,Avesh Khan,Mohit sharma,Dhawal kulkarni
    Looking at the list of cricketers who did not make into Indian team I am certain this is best talent pool india has ever had.Your thoughts

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,335
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I personally think Indias batting in LOIs is overrated. In Tests they have the best batting lineup easily but they are overreliant on their top 3 in LOIs especially Kohli.


    Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fast bowlers, we have Md Siraj, Khejrolia, Nathu Singh, Shardul Thakur etc. All of whom bowl at 140-145, if not faster than 145. Although, Khejrolia and Nathu are both 145+ bowlers. So, theres a lot of depth as far as fast bowling, allrounders and batsmen are concerned. A solid wicket keeper is a concern.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,415
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    That's just a list of names. I can do the same thing for Pakistan. Performance and actual results are what provide us with an accurate analysis of a country's talent pool.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,415
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    I personally think Indias batting in LOIs is overrated. In Tests they have the best batting lineup easily but they are overreliant on their top 3 in LOIs especially Kohli.
    A team that got destroyed by O'Keefe and Lyon at home and routinely gets exposed overseas has the best batting lineup? In what world?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    That's just a list of names. I can do the same thing for Pakistan. Performance and actual results are what provide us with an accurate analysis of a country's talent pool.
    As far as I see, nobody has stopped you. You are free to list 100 names! Going by the current crop of players in your national team, It seems like a tough affair though! Cheers

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry but 70% of the names mentioned in the OP are mediocre. We don't have a settled ODI line up for our main team and OP is talking about creating another team that can compete in CT? May be it gives you goosebumps watching players like mohit, Unadkat, axar patel or dhawal kulkarni but these types of players are only good for domestic cricket. Once they step into international cricket they get exposed which half of them already have.
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 19th May 2017 at 07:57.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    I personally think Indias batting in LOIs is overrated. In Tests they have the best batting lineup easily but they are overreliant on their top 3 in LOIs especially Kohli.
    Indian batting in ODI's is heavily dependent on Kohli. Others are inconsistent or nearing their retirement dates.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  9. #9
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    That's just a list of names. I can do the same thing for Pakistan. Performance and actual results are what provide us with an accurate analysis of a country's talent pool.
    Exactly. England and Australia can field 3 teams each going by OP's logic.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    That's just a list of names. I can do the same thing for Pakistan. Performance and actual results are what provide us with an accurate analysis of a country's talent pool.
    Many in the lists have performed Some even at international level like uthappa,gambhir,axar,Karun nair,Manoj tiwari,Jayant yadav,kuldeep yadav,Yuzvender chahal,amit mishra.These players are out not because non performances but because lack of space in current indian team.Imagine Karun nair scoring 300 and dropped in next match.Yuzvender not picked in team even after getting a 6fer in his last international loi.
    Mark my words" Rishabh Pant will become one of the most feared batsman in world cricket in few years."

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,481
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a random collection of names .
    Unadkat , mohit sharma , manoj tiwari , dhawal kulkarni , varun aron .
    Thats not a talent pool . Thats a collection of guys who are just not good enough to make it at the international level .
    People think ishanth is bad with his near 40 average but this guy unadkat was hilarious in southafrica . The wind kept knocking him down in his runup.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Indian batting in ODI's is heavily dependent on Kohli. Others are inconsistent or nearing their retirement dates.
    How many matches did kohli won on his own in last odi and t 20 series with england??
    Please watch some matches before making these sweeping statement.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    That's just a list of names. I can do the same thing for Pakistan. Performance and actual results are what provide us with an accurate analysis of a country's talent pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    What a random collection of names .
    Unadkat , mohit sharma , manoj tiwari , dhawal kulkarni , varun aron .
    Thats not a talent pool . Thats a collection of guys who are just not good enough to make it at the international level .
    People think ishanth is bad with his near 40 average but this guy unadkat was hilarious in southafrica . The wind kept knocking him down in his runup.
    The fact you were able to pick only four names out of the pool proves my point
    However most of the guys have considerably improved their games especially unadkat. Further Mohit sharma was one pf the trio bowlers who performed commendably in 2015 WC.
    But what I am most excited about are our youngsters who are coming up.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,481
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ftbno1 View Post
    The fact you were able to pick only four names out of the pool proves my point
    However most of the guys have considerably improved their games especially unadkat. Further Mohit sharma was one pf the trio bowlers who performed commendably in 2015 WC.
    But what I am most excited about are our youngsters who are coming up.
    Thats because i have not seen the others . and the rest are journeymen like gambhir , raina , mishra and ojha .
    Could have included a couple more promising newcomers to prove your point.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ftbno1 View Post
    How many matches did kohli won on his own in last odi and t 20 series with england??
    Please watch some matches before making these sweeping statement.
    Yeah I can see how much research and effort you have put before listing those players names in the OP.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ftbno1 View Post
    The fact you were able to pick only four names out of the pool proves my point
    However most of the guys have considerably improved their games especially unadkat. Further Mohit sharma was one pf the trio bowlers who performed commendably in 2015 WC.
    But what I am most excited about are our youngsters who are coming up.
    He mentioned 5 names not 4. Let me add more mediocre names from your list.

    Axar Patel
    Rasool
    Naman Ojha
    Nadeem
    Uthappa (Not sure what were you thinking here, his intl career is over already)
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 19th May 2017 at 09:03.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    3,026
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, India's ODI team seems to be overrated. Kohli is the only one who fires.

    Don't even think the rest of the batting line up is guaranteed a place in the team. The only players I can name from the top of my head are Dhawan and Rohit Sharma - both of who are inconsistent. Not sure who comes after Kohli in the lineup. Yuvraj & Raina don't seem to be around anymore

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid87 View Post
    To be honest, India's ODI team seems to be overrated. Kohli is the only one who fires.

    Don't even think the rest of the batting line up is guaranteed a place in the team. The only players I can name from the top of my head are Dhawan and Rohit Sharma - both of who are inconsistent. Not sure who comes after Kohli in the lineup. Yuvraj & Raina don't seem to be around anymore
    Said the same but OP wants to know how many matches Kohli won on his own in our last 'home' ODI and T20 series against England?


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid87 View Post
    To be honest, India's ODI team seems to be overrated. Kohli is the only one who fires.

    Don't even think the rest of the batting line up is guaranteed a place in the team. The only players I can name from the top of my head are Dhawan and Rohit Sharma - both of who are inconsistent. Not sure who comes after Kohli in the lineup. Yuvraj & Raina don't seem to be around anymore
    Rohit Sharma averages 50+ in last 2 years, Jadhav made a great start to his ODI career, Rahul has started well, Yuvraj made a very good comeback, Pandey is also doing decently

    We haven't played much ODI cricket after 2015 WC (just 27 ODIs) hence the ODI team has not settled as much as it should have. Still in the rebuilding phase for 2019.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,027
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    A team that got destroyed by O'Keefe and Lyon at home and routinely gets exposed overseas has the best batting lineup? In what world?
    Destroyed? For example, 603/9d.

    You really like hanging on to the few examples of Indian failures, while ignoring the many successes.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,341
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    In fast bowlers, we have Md Siraj, Khejrolia, Nathu Singh, Shardul Thakur etc. All of whom bowl at 140-145, if not faster than 145. Although, Khejrolia and Nathu are both 145+ bowlers. So, theres a lot of depth as far as fast bowling, allrounders and batsmen are concerned. A solid wicket keeper is a concern.
    Nathu Singh is a trundler. He bowls in 120's.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's a shame that none of the guys mentioned in the OP were good enough to replace injured Manish Pandey. Dinesh Karthik is going to replace Manish Pandey for the CT 2017.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,027
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ftbno1 View Post
    I believe in terms of cricketing prowess this is best time to be indian cricket fans irrespective of results at CT 2017.This is time when India can select another 15 men squad who can compete in champions trophy and easily be ranked among top 8 teams in the world.
    Batsmen
    Manoj tiwary,Nitish Rana,Karun Nair,Raina,Uthappa ,Gambhir,R tripthi, S iyer,Sarfaraz Khan
    Wicket keepers
    Sanju Samson,Rishabh pant,patel,saha,Naman ojha
    Allrounders
    Axar patel,Krynal pandya,Rahul tewatia, Parvez rasool
    1Spinners
    Yuzvendra chahal,shahdab nadeem,kuldeep yadav,Amit mishra
    Fast bowlers
    Varun Aaron, Jaidev unadkat,Siddharth singh,Thampi,Avesh Khan,Mohit sharma,Dhawal kulkarni
    Looking at the list of cricketers who did not make into Indian team I am certain this is best talent pool india has ever had.Your thoughts
    Given the youth of this "2nd" team, they could easily outperform the "1st" team.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,398
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even the 50th best Indian domestic batsman would be better than our best international batsman. We are so far behind in batsmanship it is unfathomable.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Nathu Singh is a trundler. He bowls in 120's.
    Please watch a few matches of his.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    4,388
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    In fast bowlers, we have Md Siraj, Khejrolia, Nathu Singh, Shardul Thakur etc. All of whom bowl at 140-145, if not faster than 145. Although, Khejrolia and Nathu are both 145+ bowlers. So, theres a lot of depth as far as fast bowling, allrounders and batsmen are concerned. A solid wicket keeper is a concern.
    I saw 2 videos of Mohammad Siraj bowling, not once did he hit 140, let alone more than 145, his fastest ball was 136.

    It was a video from 2-3 months ago.

  27. #27
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    3,881
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The OP list of bowlers is a joke.

    Any list with Unadkat listed as a talent should be thrown in trash.

    Mohit Sharma/Basil Thampi/Unadkat/Aaron/Dhawal Kulkarni???? Heck Noooo to all these useless bowlers.

    I would rate Avesh Khan as the only bowler for the future.

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    3,881
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    I saw 2 videos of Mohammad Siraj bowling, not once did he hit 140, let alone more than 145, his fastest ball was 136.

    It was a video from 2-3 months ago.
    He is garbage. I thought my Hyderabad boy has something special in him. He is another 130k trundler who relies on batsman's mistake to get wickets.

    Thankfully the Indian team has bowlers like Shami/BK/Bumrah to take up the fast bowling spots. No place for useless trundlers.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    The OP list of bowlers is a joke.

    Any list with Unadkat listed as a talent should be thrown in trash.

    Mohit Sharma/Basil Thampi/Unadkat/Aaron/Dhawal Kulkarni???? Heck Noooo to all these useless bowlers.

    I would rate Avesh Khan as the only bowler for the future.
    Exactly. Should also add dinda, mithoon, sran to that list.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol...nadeem is not mediocre.highest wicket taker in ranji trophy in the last 2 years.best left arm spinner after Jaddu in India.Some people know jack about domestics,talent etc but speak rubbish about anything they can relate to IPL with their limited knowledge and garbage notions.Shame on them

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    868
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Sorry but 70% of the names mentioned in the OP are mediocre. We don't have a settled ODI line up for our main team and OP is talking about creating another team that can compete in CT? May be it gives you goosebumps watching players like mohit, Unadkat, axar patel or dhawal kulkarni but these types of players are only good for domestic cricket. Once they step into international cricket they get exposed which half of them already have.
    I agree, can't rely on IPL heroes to perform at CT. We need to integrate one youngster at a time. Please no tried and tested player like Uthappa.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan of Technique View Post
    Lol...nadeem is not mediocre.highest wicket taker in ranji trophy in the last 2 years.best left arm spinner after Jaddu in India.Some people know jack about domestics,talent etc but speak rubbish about anything they can relate to IPL with their limited knowledge and garbage notions.Shame on them
    Highest wicket taker in domestics doesn't mean he is the best after jaddu. Lol even abhimanyu mithoon and vinay kumar were allan donald and shaun pollock of indian domestics few seasons ago. You need to do some more research on indian domestics rather than accusing others of having no knowledge. You can sense it when you see players like unadkat, mithoon, vinay, kulkarni that they are not meant for internationals. It comes after years of experience. Keep trying.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  33. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialisttailender View Post
    I agree, can't rely on IPL heroes to perform at CT. We need to integrate one youngster at a time. Please no tried and tested player like Uthappa.
    Uthappa was in the world cup T20 winning team. I guess he played all the seasons and is still playing in IPL. If he can't even get into indian T20 team after playing 10 seasons of IPL then I wonder when will he?


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,415
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Destroyed? For example, 603/9d.

    You really like hanging on to the few examples of Indian failures, while ignoring the many successes.
    Considering they have a 1:8 W/L ratio over the course of their most recent tours to Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand, while also getting routed by the likes of Dean Elgar, Lyon and O'Keefe at home, it isn't a "few" failures but a whole bunch of them. Too many for the supposed best test batting side.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    As far as I see, nobody has stopped you. You are free to list 100 names! Going by the current crop of players in your national team, It seems like a tough affair though! Cheers
    My working brain stops me from uselessly patting myself on the back. Same cannot be said for you though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Exactly. England and Australia can field 3 teams each going by OP's logic.
    Yeah. Just list off all the players who have had a couple of good matches at the international level or who are doing well at the domestic circuit and call it the "best scenario" for your country. Weak.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,027
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Considering they have a 1:8 W/L ratio over the course of their most recent tours to Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand, while also getting routed by the likes of Dean Elgar, Lyon and O'Keefe at home, it isn't a "few" failures but a whole bunch of them. Too many for the supposed best test batting side.



    My working brain stops me from uselessly patting myself on the back. Same cannot be said for you though.



    Yeah. Just list off all the players who have had a couple of good matches at the international level or who are doing well at the domestic circuit and call it the "best scenario" for your country. Weak.
    A team can have the best batting line up ever and have a W/L ratio of 0.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,316
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    I personally think Indias batting in LOIs is overrated. In Tests they have the best batting lineup easily but they are overreliant on their top 3 in LOIs especially Kohli.

    Both our Test and Odi line ups are rubbish

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,027
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Considering they have a 1:8 W/L ratio over the course of their most recent tours to Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand, while also getting routed by the likes of Dean Elgar, Lyon and O'Keefe at home, it isn't a "few" failures but a whole bunch of them. Too many for the supposed best test batting side.
    Besides cherry picking, you also have a bad habit of jumping around when you are confronted. The topic was whether India got "destroyed by O'Keefe and Lyon at home".

    Also, while India's record abroad my have been 1-7-5 (again, you are reverting to your bad habit of cherry-picking by ignoring draws) in Aus, Eng, NZ and SA, these countries record in their return trips to India was 1-12-3.

    The number of losses for India is not 8 as you say, but 7 (Aus 2, Eng 3, NZ 1 and SA 1).

    Think about that for a while, 1-7-5 is much better than 1-12-3. That is why India is ranked #1.

    As an aside, Pakistan's recent performance in these 4 countries is 2-10-0, which is worse than the performance of these 4 teams in Pakistan 2-6-3.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,580
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Besides cherry picking, you also have a bad habit of jumping around when you are confronted. The topic was whether India got "destroyed by O'Keefe and Lyon at home".

    Also, while India's record abroad my have been 1-7-5 (again, you are reverting to your bad habit of cherry-picking by ignoring draws) in Aus, Eng, NZ and SA, these countries record in their return trips to India was 1-12-3.

    The number of losses for India is not 8 as you say, but 7 (Aus 2, Eng 3, NZ 1 and SA 1).

    Think about that for a while, 1-7-5 is much better than 1-12-3. That is why India is ranked #1.

    As an aside, Pakistan's recent performance in these 4 countries is 2-10-0, which is worse than the performance of these 4 teams in Pakistan 2-6-3.
    Nailed !! as in sledgehammer , nuts and bolts . This is where we will be told that Indias wins at home don't count


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,580
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Besides cherry picking, you also have a bad habit of jumping around when you are confronted. The topic was whether India got "destroyed by O'Keefe and Lyon at home".

    Also, while India's record abroad my have been 1-7-5 (again, you are reverting to your bad habit of cherry-picking by ignoring draws) in Aus, Eng, NZ and SA, these countries record in their return trips to India was 1-12-3.

    The number of losses for India is not 8 as you say, but 7 (Aus 2, Eng 3, NZ 1 and SA 1).

    Think about that for a while, 1-7-5 is much better than 1-12-3. That is why India is ranked #1.

    As an aside, Pakistan's recent performance in these 4 countries is 2-10-0, which is worse than the performance of these 4 teams in Pakistan 2-6-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    Nailed !! as in sledgehammer , nuts and bolts . This is where we will be told that Indias wins at home don't count
    Just to add to that ... you were kind enough to exclude West-Indies ... 2 Losses to a proper minnow ( 1 at home lol ) says everything.


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,027
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    Just to add to that ... you were kind enough to exclude West-Indies ... 2 Losses to a proper minnow ( 1 at home lol ) says everything.
    I was just playing by the rules he set. Yes to Aus, NZ, Eng and SA, no to Zimb and WI

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,580
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I was just playing by the rules he set. Yes to Aus, NZ, Eng and SA, no to Zimb and WI
    Zimbabawe hehehe ... enough said


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    929
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On topic, the first choice Indian team is not looking that great, the rest of the names mentioned here are just that.... names !!!!!

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    310
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with people these days! why are opinions rubbished! if OP has an opinion about certain players he has the right to have those opinions and he might even be right about some of the names... india has done extremely well in organizing its cricket and giving exposure to young talent... if the talent doesn't improve that's solely to blame on the individual ... Apart from a couple of names in india team the others have the bench strength pressure on them to perform which is a great thing for a team ... yes pakistan england and australia can do the same ... but then again pakistan has fielded two 35 year olds as replacement in their LOI teams of late and then discarded them .. rafatullah mahmand and forgot the name of the other ... so MY 2 cents is challenge opinions but don't rubbish and ridicule them ..

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,415
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Besides cherry picking, you also have a bad habit of jumping around when you are confronted. The topic was whether India got "destroyed by O'Keefe and Lyon at home".

    Also, while India's record abroad my have been 1-7-5 (again, you are reverting to your bad habit of cherry-picking by ignoring draws) in Aus, Eng, NZ and SA, these countries record in their return trips to India was 1-12-3.

    The number of losses for India is not 8 as you say, but 7 (Aus 2, Eng 3, NZ 1 and SA 1).

    Think about that for a while, 1-7-5 is much better than 1-12-3. That is why India is ranked #1.

    As an aside, Pakistan's recent performance in these 4 countries is 2-10-0, which is worse than the performance of these 4 teams in Pakistan 2-6-3.
    You asked me to not ignore "the many" and I did what you asked. In response, you came up with logic that my ten year old brother would giggle at.

    India is one country and although touring teams have found it tough there (because of doctored pitches), it is one country. If you want to figure out the quality of the South African, Australian and English teams, compare their records with India in a similar number of countries. Australia and England are not the same team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    A team can have the best batting line up ever and have a W/L ratio of 0.
    Not when most of these losses are because of the batting not holding its end up.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,027
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Considering they have a 1:8 W/L ratio over the course of their most recent tours to Australia, England, South Africa and New Zeland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    If you want to figure out the quality of the South African, Australian and English teams, compare their records with India in a similar number of countries. Australia and England are not the same.
    Amazing how quickly you are able to contradict yourself. I doubt you even understand the contradiction.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,580
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Amazing how quickly you are able to contradict yourself. I doubt you even understand the contradiction.
    Indeed ... he is one of a kind. And sure enough India's home record was discounted just like that ... funny guy


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  47. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    104
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    That's just a list of names. I can do the same thing for Pakistan. Performance and actual results are what provide us with an accurate analysis of a country's talent pool.

    With just a small difference, that the "List" of Indian players mentioned have the experience of playing both with and against the very best in world cricket, have match experience of performing under pressure and the experience of playing in front of huge crowds.

    And yes the "list" is also a list of "crorepatis/millionnaires".. that makes a big difference to the confidence of a player.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabir81 View Post
    With just a small difference, that the "List" of Indian players mentioned have the experience of playing both with and against the very best in world cricket, have match experience of performing under pressure and the experience of playing in front of huge crowds.

    And yes the "list" is also a list of "crorepatis/millionnaires".. that makes a big difference to the confidence of a player.
    Lets see how crorepati Dinesh Karthik performs in Champions Trophy.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  49. #49
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    929
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabir81 View Post

    And yes the "list" is also a list of "crorepatis/millionnaires".. that makes a big difference to the confidence of a player.
    Crorepati cricketers !!!!!!

    By this logic we should never have lost any tournament in last decade....

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,415
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabir81 View Post
    With just a small difference, that the "List" of Indian players mentioned have the experience of playing both with and against the very best in world cricket, have match experience of performing under pressure and the experience of playing in front of huge crowds.

    And yes the "list" is also a list of "crorepatis/millionnaires".. that makes a big difference to the confidence of a player.
    Laughable post. This thread is not about T20s. You don't learn how to play ODIs by playing in a T20 league, even if the people playing alongside you are Wasim and Sachin. The skill-set is different, situations are different, etc.

    An abundance or a lack or money has no real bearing on a cricketer's skill. Like I said before, if it did India wouldn't have a 1:8 W/L ratio in the big four non-Asian countries over the course of their last tour in each.

    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Amazing how quickly you are able to contradict yourself. I doubt you even understand the contradiction.
    English is clearly not your first, second or third language. So let me be a little more accommodating. Look at South Africa's away record, then look at England's, then India's, then Australia's etc. Bunching four countries into one and ignoring their performances against each other is a horrible piece of analysis.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Lets see how crorepati Dinesh Karthik performs in Champions Trophy.
    Never ever be jealous of money someone else makes legally.

    Can understand that you don't like DK being picked based on IPL but did you know how he did in the FC season and Vijay Hazare trophy?

    Overall list A stats in 2017 - 12 matches, 854 runs @85, SR of 102+, 3 100s, 5 50s. FC stats, 10 matches, 704 runs @55

    Vijay Hazare troph final - TN were 49/4, DK hit 112 to win the final for his team.

    Good enough choice IMO based on those numbers though I would have preferred a youngster to be picked.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,850
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoonyaSifar View Post
    Never ever be jealous of money someone else makes legally.

    Can understand that you don't like DK being picked based on IPL but did you know how he did in the FC season and Vijay Hazare trophy?

    Overall list A stats in 2017 - 12 matches, 854 runs @85, SR of 102 , 3 100s, 5 50s. FC stats, 10 matches, 704 runs @55

    Vijay Hazare troph final - TN were 49/4, DK hit 112 to win the final for his team.

    Good enough choice IMO based on those numbers though I would have preferred a youngster to be picked.
    May be you should read the posts which I quote first before jumping on me as always.

    I have no problem with a TTF like DK getting selected again and again. I was just using @Kabir81 's logic that rich guys have confidence so lets see how DK plays if he gets a chance and what difference money makes here. I know DK was selected based on the domestic performances but he has failed to impress in internationals so far.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    119
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India doesn't have enough talent to match Pakistan and that's a fact. Results don't matter and also, even though India won the series against Australia, it doesn't mean anything becoz they lost the first test. Even though when Pakistan loses a test at home to teams like West Indies it's totally different becoz Australia were trashed by Sri Lanka. Enough said. All my Pakistani friends like bhag Veeru bhag are absolutely right.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    119
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Nathu Singh is a trundler. He bowls in 120's.
    Did u even watch him bowl? Or just becoz his slower ball is in the 120s means he is slow. as much as I don't agree with the op, one good things about this years ipl has been the number of bowlers easily clocking 140+ .

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,341
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats good. I didn't see him bowling too fast but maybe he did in other games.

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,452
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Man I can't wait until Pakistan beats India in CT. Seeing our team prevail would be awesome.

    Oh, and...seeing the Indians cry wouldn't be too bad either.

  57. #57
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,452
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ftbno1 View Post
    OMG!This means you actually cried after wt20 2016,Asiacup,WC 2015,CT 2012,WC 2011,T20 WC 2007 etc.
    Dont worry mate.If india loses atleast I womt cry and will be first to congratulate you on this forums. Kyunki humare dil bade hain.
    Cmon if you have big hearts, then at least let us win this game.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Cmon if you have big hearts, then at least let us win this game.
    Actually I genuinely dont care about this tournament. Will be happy if India wins, wont be too sad if we lose.
    Real games wil be test tours abroad.

  59. #59
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,452
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ftbno1 View Post
    Actually I genuinely dont care about this tournament. Will be happy if India wins, wont be too sad if we lose.
    Real games wil be test tours abroad.
    Yes, Indians can say that. Especially after a home season.

    Pakistan can't though. We just got destroyed on our away tours. That's why I'm looking forward to CT. Hopefully we can do well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •