Instagram


Indoor Big Bash

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 119 of 119
  1. #81
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoniInsafian View Post
    He's already 31.... He won't be taking 500 wickets....
    Mmm, he has already taken 275 wickets in only 49 matches. Maybe he only needs another 45-50 to get to the 500 mark.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,968
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol at Ravi Ashwin getting compared with Imran and Kapil. The guy has taken over 200 of his 270 career wickets in India.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,027
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    As I said in reply to "IK averaged 50 with bat and 19 with ball in his last 10 years of international cricket".

    Quite a remarkable performance!

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/guru?c...ields=viewtype

    Ashwin has a very long way to go before he comes close to IK's last 10 years performance. IK also had the intangible greatness of molding a team into winners.

  4. #84
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,420
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Its a thread to put down Ash man,and yes I'm glad you shared the stats,considering we see so many such stats often from Pak posters wonder what they will say now lol.

    But tbf to Imran what really separated him from the rest was his hard work along with talent.
    Last edited by JaDed; 20th May 2017 at 03:45.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  5. #85
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    4,185
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran > Kapil> Ashwin.

    Top 3 test all-rounders from Asia.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    After 49 tests,

    Imran Khan

    Matches 49
    Runs 1853
    HS 123
    Batting Average 29.88
    100's 2
    Wickets 232
    BBI 8/58
    Bowling average 22.91
    5WI 16
    Average Difference - 6.97

    Ravichandran Ashwin
    Matches 49
    Runs 1903
    HS 124
    Batting Average 32.25
    100's 4
    Wickets 275
    BBI 7/59
    Bowling average 25.22
    5WI 25
    Average Difference 7.03


    Some people (read most) here talking as if they saw Imran from day one of his cricketing career and he was this god level all rounder with a batting average of 50 and bowling average of 20 from day 1. After 49 matches (clearly a pedastal which the 'same fans' use while comparing say a Babar vs Kohli), one can clearly see Ashwin is ahead of Imran. So unless, they can peep into their crystal ball and tell how Ashwin is going to do the next few years, i suggest they refrain from making silly statements like dirt on sneakers and all.

    Yes Imran is an ATG, no doubt about it, I am just pointing at the double standards of our friendly neighbors over here who jump on the defensive when an upcoming pak batsman is compared with an indian great, and quote performances after 'x' games.

    Rest my case!
    Have to say Ashwin is very underrated as an all-rounder. He should focus only on Test matches and the big tournaments, to keep his fitness in check. At the moment, he has better stats than Imran Khan, and that is no small sample either.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    After 49 tests,

    Imran Khan

    Matches 49
    Runs 1853
    HS 123
    Batting Average 29.88
    100's 2
    Wickets 232
    BBI 8/58
    Bowling average 22.91
    5WI 16
    Average Difference - 6.97

    Ravichandran Ashwin
    Matches 49
    Runs 1903
    HS 124
    Batting Average 32.25
    100's 4
    Wickets 275
    BBI 7/59
    Bowling average 25.22
    5WI 25
    Average Difference 7.03


    Some people (read most) here talking as if they saw Imran from day one of his cricketing career and he was this god level all rounder with a batting average of 50 and bowling average of 20 from day 1. After 49 matches (clearly a pedastal which the 'same fans' use while comparing say a Babar vs Kohli), one can clearly see Ashwin is ahead of Imran. So unless, they can peep into their crystal ball and tell how Ashwin is going to do the next few years, i suggest they refrain from making silly statements like dirt on sneakers and all.

    Yes Imran is an ATG, no doubt about it, I am just pointing at the double standards of our friendly neighbors over here who jump on the defensive when an upcoming pak batsman is compared with an indian great, and quote performances after 'x' games.

    Rest my case!
    Great reply! I see a reasonable amount of silence on this thread after these stats have been put up. Ofcourse there will be people like bilal who will keep on harping devoid of logic.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    25,041
    Mentioned
    2511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Can't seriously be comparing Ashwin with Imran. I mean seriously.

    On another note Shakib deserves a mention as well.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    316
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is not even as good as Shakib as an allrounder

  10. #90
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,341
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said it before and I'll say it again, if Indian posters want to show these meaningless stats and compare cricketers that played over different generations, then they're very welcome to do so on their own petty Indian forums. Don't fill in Pakpassion with such filth and ruin our experience too because Ashwin isn't worth the dirt on Imran Khan's 30 year old sneakers.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,434
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    Great reply! I see a reasonable amount of silence on this thread after these stats have been put up. Ofcourse there will be people like bilal who will keep on harping devoid of logic.
    Thanks man. For the record I agree Imran is the greatest all rounder from Asia and (not the world, as some people here think). Comparing Ashwin to him is actually a joke and even Ashwin would agree .

    However as I said, putting hard facts on the table with stats, he is behind Ashwin after 49 tests and what I posted is not any other forum material. This is exactly what people post here in Pakpassion when an Indian batsman is compared with a Pakistani batsman (mind goes back to Babar v Kohli thread). They can carry on I suppose.

    I agree with the silence part though!

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,434
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Its a thread to put down Ash man,and yes I'm glad you shared the stats,considering we see so many such stats often from Pak posters wonder what they will say now lol.

    But tbf to Imran what really separated him from the rest was his hard work along with talent.
    Totally agree bro. Imran is Imran. No question about it. Guy was on a different planet. I was just focusing on 'stats' part which we keep getting served all the time.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,434
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    As I said in reply to "IK averaged 50 with bat and 19 with ball in his last 10 years of international cricket".

    Quite a remarkable performance!

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/guru?c...ields=viewtype

    Ashwin has a very long way to go before he comes close to IK's last 10 years performance. IK also had the intangible greatness of molding a team into winners.
    No question about that and I don't think he can come close to IK's last 10 year performance, which actually made him an ATG. After 49 tests he was a v good/great all rounder and so is Ash. Im just stating some facts on table for people to digest.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,434
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuts_and_cuts_hard View Post
    Ashwin is not even as good as Shakib as an allrounder
    Interesting you say that. Surprisingly even Shakib has played 49 tests so far and let us look how he has fared

    Shakib Al hasan
    Matches 49
    Runs 3479
    HS 217
    Batting Average 40.92
    100's 5
    Wickets 176
    BBI 7/36
    Bowling average 33.04
    5WI 15

    Average Difference 7.88

    So those are amazing stats again. Slightly better than Ashwin and Imran after 49 tests. What this tells me is Shakib is a batting all rounder where as the other 2 are bowling all rounders (whose runs and wickets are similar after 49 tests).

    He is highly underrated and deserves all the credit.

    So do you think Shakib is better than Ashwin and Imran after 49 tests?


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  15. #95
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    7,681
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This would be my Top 10.

    Name:  Asian AR.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  82.5 KB
    Not much between Shakib and Ashwin though.
    Last edited by jeetu; 20th May 2017 at 07:28.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,129
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Surprised no Lankan allrounder their in the list

  17. #97
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    7,681
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Surprised no Lankan allrounder their in the list
    Probably someone like Angelo Mathews has a case in ODI's , but his bowling record in test is too poor to make a case as test AR. (65 tests , 33Wkts , bowl-avg 50+)


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,966
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Ashwin has saved or won few games by scoring crucial centuries or half centuries in last few years.. His batting is good for tests and can still get better.. Kapil ofcourse is the best AR from India and he was a fast bowling AR and one of a kind so far in Indian cricket history, but Ashwin can overtake him depending on his future performances..

    People won't rate Ashwin because he plays most of his matches on so called rank turners in India against opposition who are very poor against spin.. So it's very tough for Ashwin to overtake KD Or IK
    the so called should have not been there in ur wording....and yes ashwin is a good bowler but one cant deny that most of his wickets are on rank turners, though i am not denying that he can perform evrywhere but his stats would have been different.....

  19. #99
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Imran
    2. Kapil
    daylight
    Ashwin

    Please stop this nonsense, I beg you. I am a big fan of Ash but this is going too far.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,966
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Surprised no Lankan allrounder their in the list
    shakib if back his batting abilities he can end his carre with averag of 45 to 48 and we all know his bowling is good so he can overtake ashwin if not kapil and imran...3rd will be very tough to say if shakib does improve his batting and play more tests....

  21. #101
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuts_and_cuts_hard View Post
    Ashwin is not even as good as Shakib as an allrounder
    Lol, Shakib has a bowling average of 34 and only 176 wickets in same no. of matches as Ashwin.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Thanks man. For the record I agree Imran is the greatest all rounder from Asia and (not the world, as some people here think). Comparing Ashwin to him is actually a joke and even Ashwin would agree .

    However as I said, putting hard facts on the table with stats, he is behind Ashwin after 49 tests and what I posted is not any other forum material. This is exactly what people post here in Pakpassion when an Indian batsman is compared with a Pakistani batsman (mind goes back to Babar v Kohli thread). They can carry on I suppose.

    I agree with the silence part though!
    I dont doubt that Imran was great. But its pretty funny how PP'ers react every time his name is taken. In the last 10 years of his career, its going to be understanding to see as to how someone who was averaging in 30's in bowling, suddenly came down below 20. Umpiring, ball tampering? Its obviously a mix of all, however Imran on records has stated himself he was guilty of ball tampering. So please, dont try to place him on a pedestal here!

  23. #103
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,415
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Thanks man. For the record I agree Imran is the greatest all rounder from Asia and (not the world, as some people here think). Comparing Ashwin to him is actually a joke and even Ashwin would agree .

    However as I said, putting hard facts on the table with stats, he is behind Ashwin after 49 tests and what I posted is not any other forum material. This is exactly what people post here in Pakpassion when an Indian batsman is compared with a Pakistani batsman (mind goes back to Babar v Kohli thread). They can carry on I suppose.

    I agree with the silence part though!
    Stop mistaking people ignoring that ridiculous post for people not having an answer for it. Ashwin's stats are as shiny as a new Lamborghini Aventador SV on the surface, but when you dig a little deeper, he's nothing more than a Toyota Camry. Zero, nilch, nada, anda, nothing of note outside Asia and the West Indies, with bat or ball.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  24. #104
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,481
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is a good cricketer but he is a failure outside India as a bowler.
    Shahid Afridi for comparison has a batting average of 38 and a bowling average of 23 in India bowling to atg players of spin . We would have been comparing him with kallis and Sobers if he was indian.
    I think for an all round record Wasim akram is better than Ashwin .
    Imran is in a different league.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,507
    Mentioned
    3752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Imran and Sachin fans are so easy to rattle. Doesn't take much to get them triggered. I guess it is a subcontinent issue.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,434
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Imran and Sachin fans are so easy to rattle. Doesn't take much to get them triggered. I guess it is a subcontinent issue.
    No doubt about that. I have repeatedly stated there is no comparison, yet just flashed out stats after 49 tests where Ashwin is ahead, and people who call that as a ridiculous post actually use the same method when an Indian batsman is compared to Pakistani batsman. Looks like I touched a nerve for some people. Yes , I agree it is a sub continental issue.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    25,739
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    It is a disgrace considering him as proper all rounder ,let alone comparing him with IK,KD


    This+
    /EOT


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  28. #108
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    25,739
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Thanks man. For the record I agree Imran is the greatest all rounder from Asia and (not the world, as some people here think). Comparing Ashwin to him is actually a joke and even Ashwin would agree .

    However as I said, putting hard facts on the table with stats, he is behind Ashwin after 49 tests and what I posted is not any other forum material. This is exactly what people post here in Pakpassion when an Indian batsman is compared with a Pakistani batsman (mind goes back to Babar v Kohli thread). They can carry on I suppose.

    I agree with the silence part though!


    Like your name EliteCynical, your stats are at best that!

    One minor detail that was lacking in those stats is the element of 'Context' i.e. where, against whom, strength of opposition etc.

    If these little tiny details are ignored, then there has been threads here (on PP) saying look Abdul Razzaq is a better ODI All Rounder than Kapil etc. (stats proved it as well) LOL


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  29. #109
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,434
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Like your name EliteCynical, your stats are at best that!

    One minor detail that was lacking in those stats is the element of 'Context' i.e. where, against whom, strength of opposition etc.

    If these little tiny details are ignored, then there has been threads here (on PP) saying look Abdul Razzaq is a better ODI All Rounder than Kapil etc. (stats proved it as well) LOL
    Thanks for the kind words. Coming from a PP legend, I really appreciate it. Good, you bring in 'context' to this, that is precisely what I was trying to show with those stats, a contextual mirror. Also, if you check that Razzler v Paaji thread, I am sure some people would have actually posted in the affirmative. At least I openly accept that IK is incomparable in Asia.


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  30. #110
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    3,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All things change, but at this moment, the thread proposition is little better than a troll.

    I don't care if the stats (on the surface) suggest that Ashwin is ahead at this stage in his career. Ashwin has a looooong way to go before he can be considered in the same ballpark as, far less being equivalent, far far less being equal to, Imran Khan.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    316
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Imran and Sachin fans are so easy to rattle. Doesn't take much to get them triggered. I guess it is a subcontinent issue.
    Quite true. We have a big problem in that area. Indian fans let themselves get trolled mercilessly on Sachin and Pak fans like Monsee get sensitive when anything is mentioned about Pak players. It's cute to see people get bothered by petty debate which have no real relevance to anyone's lives.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,337
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very thought provoking thread. Ashwin on his way to surpass Imran.

    However another thing that this thread made me realize is that Sangakkara has already overtaken Sachin as a batsman.
    Average of 57 vs average of 53!

  33. #113
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,968
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    Very thought provoking thread. Ashwin on his way to surpass Imran.

    However another thing that this thread made me realize is that Sangakkara has already overtaken Sachin as a batsman.
    Average of 57 vs average of 53!
    And Babar Azam is already better than Tendulkar. Azam hit a century in Australia vs Australia. Tendulkar did not hit a century outside Asia against any non minnow team in his first 10 years.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,238
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is a great bowler and a pretty good batsman,but he isn't a better AR than Imran.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    14,298
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Thanks man. For the record I agree Imran is the greatest all rounder from Asia and (not the world, as some people here think). Comparing Ashwin to him is actually a joke and even Ashwin would agree .

    However as I said, putting hard facts on the table with stats, he is behind Ashwin after 49 tests and what I posted is not any other forum material. This is exactly what people post here in Pakpassion when an Indian batsman is compared with a Pakistani batsman (mind goes back to Babar v Kohli thread). They can carry on I suppose.

    I agree with the silence part though!
    Not sure about others but my posts on those type of threads are usually tongue in cheek...

    Comparing stats after X number of matches doesn't prove a lot, specially when the sample size is just a handful of matches.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  36. #116
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,185
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Thanks man. For the record I agree Imran is the greatest all rounder from Asia and (not the world, as some people here think). Comparing Ashwin to him is actually a joke and even Ashwin would agree .

    However as I said, putting hard facts on the table with stats, he is behind Ashwin after 49 tests and what I posted is not any other forum material. This is exactly what people post here in Pakpassion when an Indian batsman is compared with a Pakistani batsman (mind goes back to Babar v Kohli thread). They can carry on I suppose.

    I agree with the silence part though!
    Re: my 'bat ave of 50; bowl ave of 19 in last 10 years' comment was to show that he was as consistent as it gets with both bat and ball for a long period of time. This type of level that Ashwin must sustain to even compete with IK, and it's unlikely he'll do so.

    And the only time we can come back to this thread is when Ashwin nears the end of his career. If you take Babar v Kohli debate to heart then you're simply a fool since how many names have we (Pak/Ind) have had who has been compared to 'the next x'. It's all feeble nonesense. I remember when Maqsood was being compared to Inzi cos they're from the same region or some drab. Countless Shehzad v Kohli; U Akmal v Kohli comparisons. I'm sure Indian fans were taking the latter two with a pinch of salt and probably thiought of these Pak fans as local jesters for a circus. But now we genuinely have a guy that could realistically compete with Kohli, that's when people ask the jesters heads to get chopped off. Yes, Babar has potential but Kohli's been there and done it and there's no denying who's the better batsmen. Again though, I'd personally take Babar v Kohli with a pinch of salt.

    In other words, all threads comparing a guy to another guy is stupid. If you asked does Ashwin have to potential to be the best AR in Asia I'd say yes if he plays all his matches in India and stays not out when he bats. It's called a career for a reason, not 49 games.

    Another argument could be in the case of context, as another PPer suggested since 'stats tell half the story', but that's for another thread.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comparing Ashwin with Shakib, understandable (even though Shakib is a genuine all-rounder compared to Ashwin) but Imran Khan? Really now? I am curious to know how many of his wickets were taken in a turning track - in INDIA.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,434
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Re: my 'bat ave of 50; bowl ave of 19 in last 10 years' comment was to show that he was as consistent as it gets with both bat and ball for a long period of time. This type of level that Ashwin must sustain to even compete with IK, and it's unlikely he'll do so.

    And the only time we can come back to this thread is when Ashwin nears the end of his career. If you take Babar v Kohli debate to heart then you're simply a fool since how many names have we (Pak/Ind) have had who has been compared to 'the next x'. It's all feeble nonesense. I remember when Maqsood was being compared to Inzi cos they're from the same region or some drab. Countless Shehzad v Kohli; U Akmal v Kohli comparisons. I'm sure Indian fans were taking the latter two with a pinch of salt and probably thiought of these Pak fans as local jesters for a circus. But now we genuinely have a guy that could realistically compete with Kohli, that's when people ask the jesters heads to get chopped off. Yes, Babar has potential but Kohli's been there and done it and there's no denying who's the better batsmen. Again though, I'd personally take Babar v Kohli with a pinch of salt.

    In other words, all threads comparing a guy to another guy is stupid. If you asked does Ashwin have to potential to be the best AR in Asia I'd say yes if he plays all his matches in India and stays not out when he bats. It's called a career for a reason, not 49 games.

    Another argument could be in the case of context, as another PPer suggested since 'stats tell half the story', but that's for another thread.
    Dear respected fellow poster. I request you to stop getting personal. Thanks.


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  39. #119
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,434
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Not sure about others but my posts on those type of threads are usually tongue in cheek...

    Comparing stats after X number of matches doesn't prove a lot, specially when the sample size is just a handful of matches.
    Not directed at you. I know when a comment is tongue-in-cheek and when it is spiteful. You can see a few examples in this thread itself.


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •