Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Till they remained fit, Misbah and Younis should have played on for Pakistan" : Javed Miandad

KARACHI: Former Pakistani batting great Javed Miandad said on Friday that recently retired Test cricketers Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan should have been given more time since there was no one at the moment to replace them.

Speaking to SAMAA's social media, Miandad said that he had always held the opinion that Misbah and Younis should have been given more time to continue playing or Pakistan.

"Pakistan should have taken advantage of their services," he said. "Till they remained fit, Misbah and Younis should have played on for Pakistan," he added.

Miandad further said that since there was no suitable alternative, the same players were repeatedly picked for the national team.

"We don't have such players who can take the place of a senior cricketer once he steps down," said Miandad.

Miandad advises players to handle pressure in Champions Trophy

Javed Miandad advised Pakistan cricket team players to handle pressure in the upcoming Champions Trophy matches.

"There's no such thing as pressure," he said. "I'll be playing the same ball that the next person would be playing. It's just a situation that we have given a name to," he added.

He said that it was up to the players on how they wanted the game of cricket to be. According to him, if players wanted they could make cricket easy or difficult as they wanted.

"Cricket is just not a game of chance or luck. It has strategy in it and our players should be trained for any situation," said Miandad.

Those running cricket affairs in Pakistan know nothing about it

Javed Miandad lashed out at Pakistan Cricket Board when he said that those who were running the affairs of cricket in the country were not associated with cricket in any way.

"Those who are present in the regional and district associations aren't connected with cricket in any way," he said.

Miandad said that every major cricketer from his city should be made the district head of cricket. He said Aqib Javed should be made the head of cricket association in Sheikhupura while Inzamam-ul-Haq should be made the chief of cricket association in Multan.

"We are not sincere with out country," he said.

Miandad said that in a country of 200 million people, there was a lot of talent present however since players were seldom selected on merit in Pakistan, the talented ones lost out on most opportunities.

"Here, people come from the roads and streets to play cricket," said Miandad. "Neither do we have proper grounds nor doe we have an infrastructure for first class cricket in the country."

Miandad voiced the need for promoting cricket in all four provinces of Pakistan.

"Nowadays cricket is only being played in Lahore and Punjab," he said. "We need to promote cricket in all four provinces so that talented players come from all provinces," he said.

Faisal Iqbal was not selected in the team because of his association with me

On the subject of Faisal Iqbal, Miandad said that maybe the former was not selected for the national team since he was a relative of Miandad.

"He (Faisal) scored a century in the last match that he played. Despite that he was not selected for the national Test squad," said Miandad.

https://www.samaa.tv/sports/2017/05/...-time-miandad/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would love to read the comments on this thread.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ssssssshhh Mohammed Hafeez is listening.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maaf kardo bhai.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Faisal Iqbal was not selected in the team because of his association with me

On the subject of Faisal Iqbal, Miandad said that maybe the former was not selected for the national team since he was a relative of Miandad.

"He (Faisal) scored a century in the last match that he played. Despite that he was not selected for the national Test squad," said Miandad.
    Name:  fi.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  38.7 KB

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No need to take Miandad seriously, his contributions for Pakistan Cricket ended after retirement, since then he has only been a leech.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These two oldies would have never loose fitness,so they would have played on on and on.The two most fittest players of present generation of Pakistani cricketers.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Javed Miandad lashed out at Pakistan Cricket Board when he said that those who were running the affairs of cricket in the country were not associated with cricket in any way.
    In other words, give me a cushy job with perks and privileges where I sit and collect paycheck for doing nothing like his time as PCB DG.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If being fit was the criteria shan masood would have played 100 tests by now.

What are yk figures for 2017?
    Clearly both yk and misbah left at the right time.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Only in Pakistan are players expected to retire only when they are no longer fit enough. This attitude of 'I will play or he should play as long as I am fit or he is fit' rubbish needs to be eradicated from our system. It has been a big problem over the last decade or so.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is right that Misbah and Younis should have carried on, they were fit and talented enough, not as if we have anyone better.I didn't see the need to force them almost.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Misbah and Younis should not have retired simultaneously. One should have stayed on for a while longer to see the next generation through.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Only in Pakistan are players expected to retire only when they are no longer fit enough. This attitude of 'I will play or he should play as long as I am fit or he is fit' rubbish needs to be eradicated from our system. It has been a big problem over the last decade or so.
    Depends really, if you have youngsters way more unfit than our super fit 35, 37, 43, 44 years old i.e. Malik, Hafeez, Younis, Misbah and also not even having the same cricketing abilities and output then you aren't really blessed with choices.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    No need to take Miandad seriously, his contributions for Pakistan Cricket ended after retirement, since then he has only been a leech.
    I would rather take miandad more seriously then someone who still cries about mohali.

Miandad is spot on. If a player is performing and is fit, he should continue to play.

Retiring on a high and stuff are just over rated and dramaybazi.

These cricketers know how much hard work they put up to reach this level

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    I would rather take miandad more seriously then someone who still cries about mohali.

Miandad is spot on. If a player is performing and is fit, he should continue to play.

Misbah was fit but not performing prior to the WI series. Younis may have been able to offer 1-2 more years max to the team but even he saw the bigger picture and was like there is no point in me hanging around now and it is better that the next generation comes and serves the country.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I think they are both leacing at the right time.

Both feel comfortable leaving now and they shouldn't be forced to continue.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Depends really, if you have youngsters way more unfit than our super fit 35, 37, 43, 44 years old i.e. Malik, Hafeez, Younis, Misbah and also not even having the same cricketing abilities and output then you aren't really blessed with choices.
    What are yk stats since last 6 months?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Stop lying.

His last Test was at Sydney, where he scored 27 and 7.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/406200.html

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They also know when to call it a day.

Rarely does anyone retire prematurely anyway, and that certainly isn't the case with Misbah and Younis.

Time to move on, let's look to the future.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Stop lying.

His last Test was at Sydney, where he scored 27 and 7.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/406200.html
    Last match in 2010.

Last century in 2006.

Miandad has his own facts.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Last match in 2010.

Last century in 2006.

Miandad has his own facts.
    I wish my uncle was this supportive.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should not have retired at such a young age, particularly after scoring heavily in New Zealand And Australia.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is typical Pakistani mentality. No trust in the younger/upcoming players, the system or the willingness to help groom the younger generation.

Agar itni fikar hai to help train and coach the younger players.

Expecting players past 40 to continue providing quality service at the top level is detrimental to our cricket since it betrays total lack of trust and faith in our younger players

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lol it's their decision to retire they have played till 40+ let them start their new life..

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Misbah might have scored a lot of runs this series but its clear to see they are both consierably over the hill and in fact are not consistently performing, especially overseas.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was ok player but very immature, greedy and selfish when its come to management.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, they should be allowed to play till they are 60-65, if they are fit.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    lol it's their decision to retire they have played till 40+ let them start their new life..
    People seem to feel we can control people's lives.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And people are saying an ex-player should be the chairman of PCB. God Forbid ,none of our former players have any brain or skill to get that position.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and follow the legacy of Miandad by hanging up long after you are past your best

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    The Moon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it's just me but a lot of the times Miandad sounds very ill-informed about what it takes to succeed in cricket despite having been an excellent player during his time.

Have you ever been to heaven at night?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I kindly disagree with miandad There was no point in the 2 continuing anymore with no short term high profile matches to come

Fitness should have nothing to do with the retirement decision

Its better to leave when the fans want you to continue rather than continuing when fans want you out So in this respect its the right decision

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Miandad is spot on.
    If a player is performing and is fit,
    he should continue to play.

performing u mean against WI who are ranked at 8...wat abt aus/nzl

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    And people are saying an ex-player should be the chairman of PCB. God Forbid ,none of our former players have any brain or skill to get that position.
    Quite honestly, I think what would pump much needed life into our board and propel us to the top of the world would be Misbah as the head honcho of PCB?

I can almost gauarantee that. Why?

1. He is a very honest hard working guy
    2. He certainly has the intelligence and education
    3. He has the diplomatic skills needed, tried and tested
    4. He is politically savvy enough to unite a group of players around him who are known to be trouble makers.

So while I agree most former players may not have what it takes, Misbah would be an exception.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarkaari mulazim mentality, play as long as you are fit. Fix the retirement age at 60.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to take this guy seriously,we know how much he contributed during his time at the PCB.A hypocritical fool who is stuck in the past

Hala Madrid y nada más