User Tag List

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

India vs Pakistan at the Champions Trophy - The count-down begins!

And 15 more days into the crickets biggest rivalry...

It must be acknowledged that this time, the Indo-Pak match is not a high octane but a high pentacontane match.

Yes! the political scenario between the two countries is at its worst in the recent times over the execution of Kalbushan Jhadav and its been a long long time that both the countries haven't played a match of worth 7 hours.

Its the only match that my father, grandfather and the whole family watches and lets hope we get to see a tough one out their.

Name:  005143.jpg
Views: 1721
Size:  34.3 KB

A Pakistani supporter on his way to the stadium before the Pak-Indo match in 1999, trying to taunt the Indian fans.
    Last edited by super hitter; 19th May 2017 at 17:57.

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India will have no answer for Azhar, Shehzad and Hafeez. We will steamroll them.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Greenstorm thread please Bro.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    iYpxxu6ij6guq0V-aHsed6KpKUFTyN2bz5kLoFe0x5GM7IzpTos-B4RO3H6LIwHB7Mk=h310 (496×310)

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really the result is foregone conclusion it's just about enjoying the occasion and process for pak fans and no need to even hope for a miracle and then get your mood off after the match, because if India lose to this team they should be ashamed of themselves. Thank you Inzi bhai.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most boring rivalry in recent times which produces one sided whipping contests, mostly hyped by supporters of one country.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So in the most runs chart, Shoaib Malik tops it in the current teams followed by Yuvraj Singh

Shoaib Malik (PAK) runs 1634 average 49.51

Yuvraj Singh (INDIA) runs 1285 average 42.83

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    India will stream roll past Pakistan - but still it's a fun occasion.

"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Countdown to what ??

We shouldn't be playing them considering their stance and in any case Pakistan has a dire weak squad that's not even going to compete let alone win.

I hardly care this time, unlike the many previous matches.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ind will crush Pak.. end of story

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    Countdown to what ??

We shouldn't be playing them considering their stance and in any case Pakistan has a dire weak squad that's not even going to compete let alone win.

I hardly care this time, unlike the many previous matches.
    But you'll still turn on the TV, watch the pre-match analysis of one hour and then watch each and every delivery and watch the post match ceremony and analysis.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I am genuinely convinced that we will win.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Beware India. Green-storm is coming. I'm feeling a victory for us.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT starts in 2 weeks?

Oh well, least i got something to watch for roza too

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I prefer when you are negative about our chances we usually do better then.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    I prefer when you are negative about our chances we usually do better then.
    People are completely writing Pakistan off for this encounter as if a lesser team has never beaten a superior team before. There is no doubt that India beats Pakistan man-to-man from almost 1 to 11, but their team is far from invincible. Nip Kohli early and their batting isn't that great.

As always, the main challenge for Pakistan will be to rise to the occasion mentally, and it is something we haven't been able to do in tournaments against India since the 2009 Champions Trophy (except for the 2014 Asia Cup). Otherwise, the likes of England, Australia and South Africa (barring the self-implosion) are much harder teams to beat than India at the moment.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India should win. Hoping for a miracle and good performance by Pakistan on the day.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    622 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Beware India. Green-storm is coming. I'm feeling a victory for us.
    This. We are gonna get destroyed by Pakistan this time.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Both teams will probably look at Pakistan/India and Sri Lanka as the most beatable teams, since South Africa are comfortably better than both unless they pull off another bottle-job. Since India will be setting the pace for the match because they are the better team, I don't expect them to come out all guns blazing since they have bigger fish to fry. In some ways, it is good for Pakistan they will be India's first opposition because we might see a restrained India on the pitch which is clearly better for us, rather than facing them in a do-or-die situation for them or in a nothing-to-lose type scenario.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inshallah, Pakistan will win. Sarfraz' aggressive captaincy supported by youngsters Imad, Shadab and Hassan would give tough fight to opposition.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Didn't you say something similar before the 2015 WC?

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You don't need Amir, Shadab, Hasan to destroy Indian line up.

Even club level bowlers like Unadkat are terrorizing the likes of Rohit/Kohli/Yuvraj/Dhawan.

Congrats Pakistanis.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will win it.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    Most boring rivalry in recent times which produces one sided whipping contests, mostly hyped by supporters of one country.
    Didn't knew that ganguly, kapil and other indians have changed their nationality.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, all these former Pakistan captains talking about this match has been funny to see.I think even their World Cup winning captain hyped up this match. Sad.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the 90s where only one team was getting whopped.

Just this time I don't care if we lose, just we shouldn't be playing hypocrites.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as we fight and give it our 100% I don't mind the result. But if we play like pussycats then it would be very disappointing.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    India will have no answer for Azhar, Shehzad and Hafeez. We will steamroll them.
    This is an under statement.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Exactly, all these former Pakistan captains talking about this match has been funny to see.I think even their World Cup winning captain hyped up this match. Sad.
    yup, you guys would definitely be sad this time since you were planning to pull off....wesay tho t20's mein sub se ziada shor Indians he machaate hein

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    Reminds me of the 90s where only one team was getting whopped.

Just this time I don't care if we lose, just we shouldn't be playing hypocrites.
    India won all the Matches that count in the 90s ,

1992 , 1996 and 1999.... all highly charged up WC Matches while Pakistan kept winning Coco Cola, Miranda Cups in Sharjah.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get a feeling a repeat of 2009 is in store for India. Indian batting for once looks more vulnerable to me than bowling this time. Dhawan is a question mark, Rohit seems so out of form, Kohli had a bad IPL, Jhadhav just had the one good series. No Raina this time. DK is making a comeback and Dhoni, well Dhoni is Dhoni on his last legs.

Worried!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic if its a washout.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak will crush us senseless. Will be good if we can have an Aane Do style overhaul. Oldies like UV, MSD,Karthik need to be booted out.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling very uneasy this time. .! If we collapse in batting, Pakistan will easily grind out our total. Match better be high scoring !

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A part of me wishes we have another aane do type loss so that we can cleanup our oldies and TTFs.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India won all the Matches that count in the 90s ,

1992 , 1996 and 1999.... all highly charged up WC Matches while Pakistan kept winning Coco Cola, Miranda Cups in Sharjah.
    Yeah I remember Pak winning a lot those tournaments as well.

What did India gain by winning those WC matches in the 90s ?? Did they go on to win the tournament ??
    Was that match so important in 92 then winning the World Cup ??

Whatever, fact is we smashed you many times then you did to us, be it a WC qualifier or "Miranda's cups".

Your excuses will never stop.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have my Tickets for the Match. Hoping for a Result in Pakistan favour otherwise it will be a long day fasting ramadan.

🇵🇰🇵🇰🇵🇰

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we bowl first.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Indian team will be having sleepless nights on the prospect of facing Azhar, Shehzad, Hafeez, Junaid and Wahab.

Thank you Inzi

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's only hope was Afridi, now that he retired, chances are low. With Afridi in the team Pakistan always had a 50% chance to win, not with Afridi gone the winning percentage comes down to 10% (5% Amir, 5% Babar Azam) Also Wahab will contribute with the ball for India. Advantage Team India

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have no chance whatsoever. Hoping pakistan will put up a good show.🇵🇰

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this hype leads nothing but broken TV sets at the end of the day

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabir81 View Post
    All this hype leads nothing but broken TV sets at the end of the day
    My Uncle almost broke his TV. Luckily Afridi Last ball Hit went over the Rope in the Asia Cup..😁😁😁

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cmon boys too much hype. Still over two weeks left.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread needs some action. So, here goes.

Everyone has seen him at all India-Pakistan matches. He has a Pakistan flag in hand as well as an Indian flag. Photos of him with Sudhir Gautam, Sachin Tendulkar’s biggest fan, have gone viral. Yet, this year,
    Mohammad Bashir, popularly known as ‘Chacha Chicago’, will miss his first India-Pakistan game in six years.
    But, more than that, he is upset that Pakistan is no match to India, who have gone ahead in terms of cricket than their neighbours.

“Ab koi muqabla nahi raha India Pakistan ka (India-Pakistan match is not the contest it used to be). India bahut aage nikal gaya hain (India are miles ahead of Pakistan),” Bashir told PTI.
    “Ek side par Dhoni, Kohli, Yuvraj aur Pakistan mein toh koi bada player hee nahi hain (there is no star player in Pakistan compared to the Indian line-up).

“What an era it was when the likes of Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis would play. Now I don’t even know the names of most players. India should have it easy,” he said.

According to Bashir, he has attended all India-Pakistan matches since the first one he attended in Mohali, the 2011 World Cup semi-final. That is why he regrets missing the one on June 4.

“I have not missed a single India-Pakistan contest since attending my first one in Mohali during the 2011 World Cup. I would have loved to be there in Birmingham as well but since the game is during the month of Ramadan, the trip to Mecca with my family was already planned and I will be there for a month.

“In fact, Sudhir called me only yesterday to check whether I was coming. Sadly I won’t be there but India should comfortably beat Pakistan and then go on to win the tournament,” he said.

India and Pakistan begin their Champions Trophy campaign when they face each other on June 4 in Birmingham. Bashir says that he still loves Pakistan but now, he loves India more.

“I still love Pakistan but I love India more now. Earlier I wanted Pakistan to win but now it is India. The love that I received during my first trip to Mohali in 2011 was overwhelming.

“I have come to a stage where I end up going to India almost every year and hardly go to Pakistan. I feel much safer in India,” says Bashir.

Currently in Saudi Arabia, Bashir’s major concern is finding a television channel on which he could watch cricket.

“It is all about football here. I think I will watch it on the internet. I even wanted to watch India’s warm-up against New Zealand but could not.”
    Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...icago-4679586/

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah, I seriously don't see how India can lose this one.

Some of the players like Yuvraj, Dhoni, Kohli, Sharma have been involved in loads of one-sided Indo-Pak matches and their confidence is sky high against us. Bring them blindfolded and still they will find a way over us.

Kind of like our 90s players had a psychological superiority over their Indian counterparts. Do you really expect mental midgets like Shahzad, Hafeez to rise up to the occasion? Good thing is we have a couple of new faces who are not mentally scarred from last decade's drubbing. So, it will be interesting to see if they can turn the page.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much waiting, so much expectation for a boring one sided match

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Only 4 more days...

So if its a rain hit day...1st Bowling side will kill it

OTHERWISE,

1st batting side can win it, if target is more than 330...

Chances for win ratio seems to be;

India 80:20 Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Because if Pakistan bats first India will easily win.

If Pakistan bowls first and its a rain hit day, only then, they have a good chance to win, otherwise, the need to restrict India to a below 300 target which is nearly impossible and even if they do so, still the buch of tryndlers our line up consists, we'll easily loose with the amount of tuk tuks by M.Hafeez and Shezzy

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    So much waiting, so much expectation for a boring one sided match
    This is not India vs Bangladesh we are talking about.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some Indian channels are so much into Shoaib Malik this time, after all, you do learn from the past

The ICC Champions Trophy, previously known as the ICC Knock Out Tournament, began its journey in 1998 and has seen many young guns and veterans performing at the big stage. As the sixth edition of the tournament approaches, many former players will be watching it on TV, while some will be in commentary boxes or studios. But, they will cheer for a man who will carry the flag of the oldies -- Pakistan's Shoaib Malik, who will be playing his 6th edition.

The 35-year-old Malik has been the part of all six Champions Trophy tournaments since 2002. He has played 15 matches so far, scoring 326 runs at an average of 25.07. He has one century and three fifties to his name in the tournament.

Malik, who made his ODI debut against the West Indies in 1999, has more than 6711 runs under his belt. He has played 247 ODIs for his country.

Following is an estimate of where some of the Indian players were when Malik made his debut:
    Jasprit Bumrah: The youngest member of the India squad, the death overs specialist was just 8 years old when Malik made it to the Pakistan's Champions Trophy 2002 squad. This will be Bumrah's first Champions
    Trophy assignment.

Hardik Pandya: Known for his fierce batting and bowling, the all-rounder has cemented his place in the team in a short period of time. Pandya, who was one of the key members in Mumbai Indians' IPL 2017 triumph, was also 8 when Malik made his debut.

Mohammed Shami: Mohammed Shami will be making his maiden Champions Trophy appearance. At 11, Shami must have been learning the tricks of pace deliveries in 2002.

Bhuvneshwar Kumar: Known for his ability to swing the ball both ways, Bhuvneshwar will be playing his second Champions Trophy. Bhuvneshwar would have been on the fringe of school cricket at the age of 12 in 2002.

Virat Kohli: The Indian captain must have been honing his skills at inter-school meets at the age of 13 in. Kohli, who was the part of the team in 2009 and 2013, will be up for his third Champions Trophy assignment.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to DAWN ..... Wahab is hurt ...... looks like a Set Up !!!!!!!

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weakest Pak side ever. Maybe the Indians should really walk this one but if they play below their level then it could get close otherwise it's a horrible one sided match

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the game, hoping rain doesn't interrupt and we get a full game.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Yorker View Post
    Weakest Pak side ever. Maybe the Indians should really walk this one but if they play below their level then it could get close otherwise it's a horrible one sided match
    No the weakest Pakistan side ever was the 2015 WC side.

This side has a very strong bowling up and some depth to its batting.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we still had Sharjeel. Probably will be a washout though.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a strong feeling Pakistan is going to win because India will collapse and make too many mistakes.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All odds are against Pakistan but I smell an upset.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all odds against us, no one expects anything from us. should go all out and play without any anxiety

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    3 more left, made this thread for the upcoming one basically

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like being on computer when we are playing. But ill try my best to find time to rub it in Pakistanis face during the match.