User Tag List

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Can the Pakistan Super League attract better foreign players next season?

I am curious as to why the PSL has been unsuccessful in obtaining the services of the likes of Devilliers, Malinga, Johnson and co?

Is it because we just don't pay high enough?

Is it because the foreign players don't want to play in each and every T-20 league around the world and will only play for the league which allows them to earn more and party more as well?

Last season i believe the maximum that the PSL was able to pay a foreign player was something along with range of $250,000-300,000, can they stretch this to $500,000 for next season?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I am curious as to why the PSL has been unsuccessful in obtaining the services of the likes of Devilliers, Malinga, Johnson and co?

Is it because the foreign players don't want to play in each and every T-20 league around the world and will only play for the league which allows them to earn more and party more as well?

Last season i believe the maximum that the PSL was able to pay a foreign player was something along with range of $250,000-300,000, can they stretch this to $500,000 for next season?
    Its because they have series going on at the time PSL happens.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They sure can, there are rumours of big players in PSL 2018.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    They sure can, there are rumours of big players in PSL 2018.
    The good thing about the PSL so far is that no late payment issues have come up so far which is big trust building factor.

Also franchises have left no dime unturned when it comes to wining and dining the players.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Every year the PSL should improve on quality, not only from overseas players but local players also. The quality of domestic cricket in Pakistan will improve in quality due to the exposure it receives each season.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Last year the players were meh, this year they were okay, so no reason to believe that they won't attract better players.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This should be the least of our worries. The entire focus should be to bring back PSL to Pakistan and making sure the matches are held safe.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was glad to see we had the likes Rilee Rossouw. Hopefully this time around we can get some guys like AB or Faf. Even Michael Clarke would be a good option.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post

IPL may have a role to play in this. There was talk about exclusivity type contracts on certain players so that they dont play in any other leagues (obviously they are paid some extra bucks for that)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter